Good Licensed Vidya

Post more

That's about it, actually.

Pretty much all of the Capcom Disney games for NES and SNES. Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, and even The Little Mermaid to name a few.

Too bad Capcom and Disney are fucking awful companies.

Wrong.

I honestly want Peter Jackson to be involved with another game.

The ghostbusters game wasn't a licensed game, it was THE THIRD MOVIE. Look in to it, the script was from akroyd and ramis plus there's news tidbits here and there that it's supposed to be the last movie tying up all the loose ends. The multiplayer was surprising fun too.

What a shame that the game didn't get the recognition it deserved.

Here's some more

Read my filename. If there is one thing I know about, it's Ghostbusters.

The last few I'm going to post.

I can't remember if this one was good.

Best cover based shooter I ever played.
I got two more webms but there going to need they're own posts

Nightfire was better tbh. Especially the Gamecube version.

Don't forget the GBA games. Some of the best fucking Diablo clones out there.

I remember this being pretty decent back when i rented years ago. i'll have to emulate it and give it another shot see how well it holds up.

oh shit i remember playing this is a lot.

nostalgia goggles say yes.

Looks pretty boring like most third-person shooters, has there ever been a good TPS excluding R* Games.

Is that ATHF game actually fun? I'm a big fan of the show and Matt Maiellaro's work in general

It's a mediocre fighting-racing-golfing game but since you like the show and the game functions well enough you'll like it.

Splinter Cell: Conviction which was the most action oriented of the series comes to mind, awesome multiplayer too.

Only novelty was the four full episodes in the game, voice acting and some small fan trivia, and the entirety of the game was shit. Sorry about the phlegmatic voice commentary, but the two autists describes it well and too bad 2007 wasn't a good year to release ATHF as an adventure game instead of some shitty minigame compilation that wasn't even fun.

Reminder Vin Diesel literally created a video game company to make that game because he's a big fat nerd.

Was about to post Butcher Bay and Assault on Dark Athena, man, the games were fucking made with love and great attention to detail.

Excuse me moving the goalpost but lemme be clear that a third-person shooter is a game with focus on shooting, Splinter Cell is a stealth game from a third-person POV.

There is nothing remotely awesome about Conviction.

I can't think of anything, Ratchet & Clank 2 is a platformer right?

It was no Chaos Theory but i really enjoyed it.

It wasn't remotely close to being average, let alone anywhere near Chaos Theory's quality

You have objectively shit taste. Can't wait for you to kill yourself.

I wish riddick had a modding scene. Its one of my favorite games, and it has its own level editor.

Too bad it never became popular.

Wow, don't cut yourself on that edge, sally.

How shit was Blacklist, I wanna try a stealth game besides Metal Gear because of how easy it is.

Yes. A TPS is something Gears of War, The Line, R6V, etc..

Blacklist was okay if you disable most of the HUD and play at a high difficulty setting. It has lots of cool shit to use and customize as well as some nice co-op maps.

Wow, don't cut yourself on that shit taste, reddit.

Also shit.

Play the first four Splinter Cells, Thief: The Dark Project and Metal Age, and Hitman 2, Contracts, and Blood Money.

Space Marine, then. If that doesn't count, then I don't know what counts.

Agreed

Calm down, ok?

Instead of giving faggoty-ass responses why don't you defend your taste no matter how shit.

Settle down, ok?

Its fucking dogshit
The most agonizing 2 hours of my life.
The only reason I completed it was because it was 2 hours long.

What was wrong with it?
The bullet curving is cool and you can move from cover to cover fast. it's nothing spectacular but I had no problems with it.

uninspired trash that has no variety and shitty level design on top.
Its a glorified rail shooter but worse.

Well I can't really deny those points I just thought it was a movie game that was better then the movie.

I heard negative shit about Double Agent is it an O.K. game.

The last-gen and next-gen versions are two completely different games made by different devs. While DA on last gen feels like more of a direct sequel to Chaos Theory, the nextgen version is a complete fucking turd. Watch this video to see what i am saying. OG XB is the best version and also looks better than the fucking 360 one. Fuck PS2 and GC, they look like dogshit.

What about the PC version and on a sidenote what are some good Xbox games to pick up besides JSRF, Shenmue 2, Breakdown, SEGA GTA 2002, and PGR2.

Metal Wolf Chaos.

The PC version is a port of the godawful 360 ver. afaik. As for XB games check out
If you like polished story driven japanese games with physics manipulation
Gory and cartoony shooter
Cuhrayzee by From Software
On foot Mario Kart clone with Gex as guest
Massive RPG RTS mix
Platformer by the Sonic designer or something like that, you can manipulate time
Zombie simulator

Apparently, the devs who made the 7th gen Double Agent also made Pandora Tomorrow, which explains a lot.

my nigga. it's like a medieval dynasty warriors with tactics

What's interesting about the Spongebob games from THQ was that every console game had a Point-and-Click Adventure equivalent on the PC, aside from Employee of the Month, which was strictly a point/click.

It's cool because I technically own two Lights/Camera/Pants but they're completely different games.
I've always wondered why THQ did that, seemed like more work, but they're pretty decent.

The Simpsons Game also did this, a different version for each platform, they always did this for kids/licensed games.

If there's one thing we can be thankful about, it's that we got Ghostbusters 3 in video game form before both forms of media went to complete shit.

Avatar the videogame was pretty good. The one in which you could choose whether or not to play as a xeno or a human. I was expecting trash and was pleasantly surprised. We call that "serendipitous".

That's pretty cool, actually.
I never played The Simpsons Game but I loved Hit and Run. I know they aren't the same deal but was Simpsons Game worth it at all?

Also I'm going to throw these four out there too. Bond games that aren't, genuinely speaking, Call of Duty inspired (Most Daniel Craig editions) are actually pretty top tier.
Multiplayer alone.

And that fighting game with the rappers in it was pretty tight too. Good controls and a half decent story (for a fighter) from what I remember.

Wolvering Origins was a pretty solid GoW ripoff. Was fun to play as Wolverine and getting to see him do some proper rip and tear for once.

Son…

Nigga do you see this on that boxart?

It's also on PS2 and PSP the Xbox art was just the first one I got off image search

whoa you need to take it easy

I played it in 2010 and it was the Wii version but it was pretty fun from what I remembered.

Does this count?

Did you forget?

So you admit that your own laziness caused miscommunication, and you become hostile. Your mother must be proud.

Nigga what. It's you who's lazy and he was obviously not seriously being hostile.
And you're a faggot.

Wasn't Order of the Phoenix when they started becoming FPS or am I mistaken?

It was neat, you actually got to use a lot of the equipment they had in the movie. Had a decently sized world and looked rather nice too.

Order of the phoenix was mostly running around and exploring hogwarts, and magic was tied to stick movement and was almost unusable on pc. You just ran around fixing things for points, playing ball with students, etc. There was also a duel minigame but it was simple enough.
I think the FPS started from 7, but since I never played Half-Blood Prince I don't really know.

Better than the thing it's based on.

Order of the Phoenix on the DS was really comfy

Except that the platform you play on is the shit version and the other platform has the good one.

no Bätmän? You guys must be out of your minds

You're out of your mind for thinking it's beyond decent.

Red Star was based on a comic book; damn good arcade beat-em-up/shooter a la top-down levels in Contra (there's even an enemy type called the Kontrawall). Can get hard as balls depending on your performance in early levels

interestingly enough, Little Nemo was intended to be a tie-in for the movie.

that last one is for real–it was Treasure's first game

If you wanna know about Battlefront 1 it's O.K. but dead and the multiplayer wasn't as good as 2's. The other Star Wars flight sims aren't bad but the Empire is cooler than stinky rebels who shoot everything in a 5-mile radius.

Miles better than the movie yes.

you must have played them with your ass or something, they were decent games.

I'm sure I'm the only one who has played this.

Simpsons Hit&Run is good if you are like 12. After the 20th reskinned time trial you'll start wondering why aren't you playing something else. The "Maps" are also literally circuits, with a shortcut at every fucking U-turn.

and yet it was still a genuinely fun experience

also my entry

If there was ever a testament to console war threads, that was it.

My nigga.

No, you get a good version of the game that's completely different from the other version only sharing the name and setting, nothing about graphics and who got exclusive content the size of a bread crumb.

I want to fug the antagonist.

Talking about Alien, the AvP game from 2010 was actually good. Multiplayer was fucked with only one mode out of 8 being balanced and it is right now dead but campaigns were awesome. If you ever wanted to walk on ceiling as xenomorph this game is for you.

Old Republic stuff is best part of star wars.

Okay, I assume you're talking about the Spongebob games I own then, my apologies.

You make a fair point, but thankfully the PC games weren't near the same price of the console ones, if memory recalls (it's been years).
I still found enjoyment out of them though. Surprisingly high quality for something that, admittedly, does seem like a gimmick.

If you like point-and-clicks I'd recommend Employee of the Month out of the bunch, just to try it out. It's a bit kiddish but it's good if you're a fan of the older episodes and you're looking for something "comfy".
Probably a quick torrent out there too because as you say, not a very graphic intensive game.

Unrelated to that, the first Godfather game is pretty good.

AvP 2010 was the reason I bought a ps3. That game was the shit because I was an autistic AvP fanboy, (still kinda am).
Multiplayer was really fun but died off because I guess not enough people liked it.

I got a copy of 2 is it good.

OH YEAH!

There's something to be said about a game being based on a movie having a much, much higher chance of being decent to even being good than a movie based on a game.

The Jedi Knight series was better

I had the PC version and got stuck in that city level. Good times.

My nigger.

My good friend of african-american descent.

I actually think the majority of both Star Wars and Lord of the Rings games are pretty damn good.

It's a shame that no one makes LOTR games anymore, and the last remotely decent Star Wars game was actually The Old Republic.

Holy fuck I actually played it as a kid, I was looking for it but forgot the title

You probably implied it. Just correcting it. Not only a really good Bond Game. But it was a better "Movie" than Die Another Day (Probably helped that the guy who wrote the script for the original GoldenEye film wrote the script for the game). The one thing EA in that era was fucking good for in spending money was making sure the game was good before paying for celebrity voice actors.

Apparently it's ridiculously hard for to get the Bond license now because Activision fucked up and the one big project EON wanted out of them, Blood Stone, flopped because Activision didn't care to promote it (Decent game but not setting the world alight. Close to EON though). Turned out guy who wrote GoldenEye got big into Vidya after the Rare game and EON won't deal with anyone unless they promise an AAA Console/PC game these days. So no one will touch the license.

Yeah, remember how EA made some really great games in the 2000s?

Yeah, like Ultima 9
oh wait

Reminder that Jew Jew Abrams is making a Portal and Half-Life movie

Only the two first were great - the third one was decent, the fourth was a giant turd. Never played the latter ones.

Oh I agree! I just wanted to give the other ones some love too.

It's a travesty, really. Bloodstone was decent and it flopping probably means that we'll never have another third person Bond game, but I think that that's always been a hard sell since Goldeneye.

I used to say we could rely at least a little bit on Metal Gear to give us that Bond-like feeling since it was inevitable that Bond games would fall out of style, but it became a shit show too.

These games were fucking ace, the Hobbit game that came out wasn't too bad either though it was a blatant Zelda clone.

First video game I ever beat. Super-comfy.

The lotr one wasn't that good but it was fun to play in co-op.

Only vidya game with rules closest to the prototype game in the original manga. Broken as all hell, but so fun. Great OST too.

I also had the PC version, got stuck on the rainy level. IIRC, was one of the last ones too.

From what I've heard, pic related is good, sans the voice acting.

Even then, the final duels in the game are so buttfuckingly broken that even with extremely powerful cards you certainly feel the pressure. Heishin 2, Darknite, and Nitemare's decks are just pure fucking bullshit.

My grandmother gotten me Harry Potter on PS2. I never fucking heard of it and only played the PS1 version.

I still like Chamber of Secrets for PS2 better though.

Never played Order of the Phoenix though. Maybe a demo for PS3.

Came here to post this.

While the Kong sections weren't the best, it was pretty good as an FPS.

Shame about the health regen but it was a decent game.

Funny how I mocked how dumb the movie looked and I came to actually like both that and the game.

Best Transformers games

I haven't enjoyed a thread on Holla Forums like this in a long time.
Lot more classics than I would've thought.

How well does it run on pc?

Pretty good but imo this is still the best

Not even close you two.

checked. I tried to play the DRM free Gamers edition but I couldn't get past the first mission as the game's engine ran so high that the camera man was doing his best flash impersonation if I remember right. I'l be able to the the regular version soonish, hopefully it won't be as bad. I am very doubtful though seeing as the only major difference between them is graphics.

Enter Electro was pretty shitty, it felt so much shorter than the original.

Were either of those two Spiderman games the one which starts with you entering a bank(?). I played one many years ago but I remember little apart from that and being able to find a secret inside a crane somewhere. It was definitely one of the games where there was insta-death mist between buildings.

Try again, Decepticreep

My nigger.
I still have to finish Return of the King though, but at least the two towers was a comfy as fuck experience when I had my first flashcart

The first one had Spidey going to stop a robbery at the bank at the very beginning of the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Astro Boy: Omega Factor go beyond just being about Astro Boy and end up going into pretty much everything from Osamu Tezuka? Also Treasure made it so it has to be at least OK.

Hey now, it's a full-assed beat-em-up that's probably better than Bayonetta in some ways. The only real problems are the short campaign length (although Platinum games are meant to be replayed, I understand that there should be some variety in what you replay) and bafflingly included random weapon drops/stat upgrades.

It's a lot of fun and has some really solid and highly exploitable mechanics, calling it half-assed is objectively wrong just like your life faget

That was the first Spider-man game.
Enter-electro has levels on the ground without the mist.

I played the PSX ones as a kid more than fucking Crash Bandicoot or Spyro, Lost in Time and its sequel have downright perfect platforming mechanics and beautifully crafted level design.

Yep, in the unlocked NG+ it started including extra Tezuka characters like Kimba and even re-purposed characters like Gumshoe had their alternate dimension personalities show up. And it was a fucking blast to play.

I got this game without an instruction manual and no idea how to play Yu-Gi-Oh. I spent the whole time combining cards and pressing buttons hoping it would work.

Impressed nobody posted pic related.

Goblet of Fire fucking sucks. PS1 ports of both sorcere's stone and chamber of secrets are different games from other versions and quite good.

Sheep Raider is my all-time favorite.

I own the gamers edition and aside from one bug I ran into like 2 misions in it was fine, though the Gamers Edition in general does have some general bugs and questionable changes from the original retail signature edition, video related

You have a crack/download for it? If so, mind linking it?

Ah, so it was indeed that game. I really need to play it again and see how it has held up.

I assumed someone would have posted this already.

Holy shit I never thought I would ever see anyone post this, GG my nigger

I downloaded my copy from TheIsoZone. I wasn't able to run it after rebooting when prompted. I managed to get it to run by saying no and then applying a crack from GameCopyWorld. I can upload my setup if you want?. Also webm related is what I have expirerenced testing the regular version, I got the exact same thing with the DRM free Gamers edition. 1.5 GB mkv source file down to 1.9 MB webm.

Also if I climb the stairs I get respawned.

lol

It was pretty cool, but you did get tired of grinding for good cards all the time, that being said it's surprising how many good Yugioh games there are, like the Tag Force games, but also a lot of games which aren't based on the card games at all, but on other games in the manga are a lot of fun, pics related.

Also beat this when I was a kid. Very underrrated platformer.

Assuming I can find the crack myself on the site that shouldn't be nesscary, though a step by step guide to apply it might be helpful

Speaking of which, the first Yu-Gi-Oh game ever made was a Capsule Monsters game. Not sure if it's any good since it's untranslated, but it's pretty interesting that the first Yu-Gi-Oh video game ever isn't even based off the card game.

Had Chamber of Secrets on NGC, shit was tight. Were the Game Boy/GBA games any good? I remember one of my friends had one of them.

The year this game was released is the same year when the official card game was released. Originally, Yu-Gi-Oh was supposed to focus on multiple games, but fans of the manga were overwhelmingly interested in the card game which was called Magic and Wizards early on in the manga, so this is why Duel Monsters is the only well known game from Yu-Gi-Oh.

Fuck this game, turns take fucking forever to end when both players know what to do.