Multiplayer games

I'm tired of single player games, what are some currently good and playably active multiplayer games? My only demand is that it's absolutely free of cash shops and microtransactions.

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/3555137/Doom_Heretic_Hexen_WADs
zandronum.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=HXSrc2Q8088
zdaemon.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=mtBVFCszxFI
vimeo.com/800304
doomutils.ucoz.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What kind of multiplayer are you looking for?

Anything, really.

It doesn't exist

Get Payday 2 boi

Warframe has a cash shop, but it's extremely fun and not P2W

I don't know why you're so against automatically cash shops, even if they're not P2W

That's what the Steam and console users thing. There's decades of video game history before players became pozzed enough to accept that.

What you're asking for doesn't exist.

Should I get Squad or Arma 3?

Doom deathmatch on Doomseeker

That game is only good if you enjoy endless repetitive grind

So what would be active + no microtransactions?

Insurgency

I'm tempted.

Kek I didn't know it was that cheap at the moment. In that case definitely get it. I got it for free but easily put 500 hours into it.

mount and blade warband multiplayer?

or are you looking for mmo shit

Killing Floor. It has DLC but you don't need it, and there's no cash shop. The game is quite quiet but you should be able to start a server and have people join.
There's also Sven Coop. Some of the AoM servers are slow and comfy. Some guys here have a server but I've never tried it

i was gonna recommend chivalry medieval warfare, but then i remembered that i quit because of all the fucking ballerinas there
you can try barotrauma, working in a sub with other retards from Holla Forums was always fun

o-oh..

I wanted to say Street Fighter, but then realized it has microtransactions lol.
I dunno man, everything is fucked at this point.
You can try to get into some older shootans/slashans like Q3 or M&B, but I'm not sure on active part. Such titles usually populated by terminal autists that play the same shit for decades, so you might imagine what your experience is gonna be like.

Trackmania Nations.

A noose

super smash bros melee

Is splatoon still active? Haven't played in a while, but it's the most fun I've had with a multiplayer console shooter.

Didn't they release a new game a couple years back? How did that turn out?

Shootmania? That thing failed I think.

Is EDF still active?

No, no, a newer trackmania game. I forgot what it was called.
Though I heard about shootmania as well. That game never got off the ground, kind of a shame.

Hell yeah it is.

Over 300 DLC and counting
Hahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahaah Funny m8
You commie degenerates are the exact reason every game since 2007 has been on mobile with cash shops and no replay value. If i met you in person id lynch you

it was pretty dead when they first did the region merge but for some reason i can find tons of games now

The only right answer is
GET DOOM 2
Pirate this shit here thepiratebay.org/torrent/3555137/Doom_Heretic_Hexen_WADs
Get zandronum.com/ [what is this shit: youtube.com/watch?v=HXSrc2Q8088 to all confused newfags, zandrodumb IS skullshit, name change due to internal staff drama]
And zdaemon.org/ [what is this shit: youtube.com/watch?v=mtBVFCszxFI vimeo.com/800304 ]
Combine it with: doomutils.ucoz.com/ extremely gud all-in-one server browser/singleplayer launch front end/recorded demos loader/irc chat and shieeeeet.

And you just got yourself unlimited amount dm/ctf/custom mod gamemodes as well as coop/survival coop fun
FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE

Literally any grinding game.

There aren't many left, but that i remember off the top of my head is insurgency

You could try Day of Defeat or the original Payday. The original Payday has only 1 dlc and its actually worth it. You get 5 new items, a new skill tree, the level cap is increased from lv145 to lv192 and 2 new maps. There aren't many playing but there is enough of them for you to be able to find lobbys most of the time.

Rome: Total War (google what CWB rules are, most common/balanced way to play). I'd suggest sticking to 3v3 or 4v4 for a bit until you learn the basics. Other Total Wars have active multiplayer communities but Rome is the best.
R.U.S.E. (you'll have to grab it from a reseller I'm afraid since it got taken off Steam).
Old C&C games with various fan methods for playing online. Some of them are free too.
Wargame: Red Dragon maybe but I really wouldn't recommend it.
Company of Heroes 1 and Men of War Assault Squad 2 are options too but I honestly think both worked better as single player games the original Men of War in coop is fucking amazing.

Insurgency is fun only if you avoid push. Gametype doesn't work on half of the maps and the other half only if the attackers use perfect teamwork not going to happen. Stick to Firefight and VIP for the best experience. Alternatively play coop, preferably with friends.
Project Reality if you've got the patience for it.
I hear Darkest Hour is still alive but I've not played in months. Ask another user.

Rocket League? It's not amazing and I suppose there's some degree of DLC but it's entirely cosmetic. Much better if you've got friends and a controller since they inexplicably fucked up mouse freelook.

starcraft 1