Mount and weeb general

you know, i really don't get why the devs never bothered to implement halfswording in these
you've already got the option to switch a thrown weapon to a melee weapon
they could have just done the same thing for swords by switching them to blunt damage while rotating the weapon 180 degrees

anyways, continuing the saga of KANGdom of africa, war with the vaegirs was horrible. turns out that they have shields in floris evolved, not to mention that they outnumber us. i tried defending our castles, but that just led my army to getting destroyed. and as we were fighting with them, swadia also declared war, so i had to offer peace to the vaegirs and they took an extra castle as payment
swadia was equally troublesome, since they still outnumbered us, and my troops were useless against us. i lost veluca to them, and had to give them a castle to get peace
rhodoks were at war with swadia and took veluca from them
after rebuilding my military i declared war on the rhodoks, stormed a castle and veluca and took them.
but again, i failed when defending veluca. seriously, the sarranids are fucking shit at siege defense
i'm gonna have to try and remake my army again
this time i'll focus on archers/cavalry. the sarranid infantry is absolutely useless with it's shit armour. archers are alright, especially since their 4th tier has shields. cavalry should be decently armoured, so maybe we won't get so easily destroyed by enemy archers
i got a lot of lords to join me during the wars since my kingdom was still pretty big, by now half of them are leaving since i don't have any lands to give them
some fuck betrayed me and created the sarranid sultanate for the third time now

Other urls found in this thread:

pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Lord_Personalities
moddb.com/mods/end-him-rightly
nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6148/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's not halfswording you fucking faggot. Turning the blade around is Mordhau, halfswording is putting a hand near the end of the blade to guide it and thrust through gaps in the enemy's armor.

It's not in the game because it'd be overpowered.

Playing some of the mod-mods upstabanon did, is right.
That shit doesnt work from a game balance perspective.

Get shit your shit together user
REMOVE
NOW

Armor in M&B doesn't work in real life you know, in the game the armor just reduces the damage your character get, and actually aiming the tip of the blade into the gaps of the enemy armor will be very hard considering how chaotic the combat is

it kind of would have helped considering there's a certain faction that has absolutely shit armour and weapons

some random guy from them joined me and i didn't even notice i took rivacheg that way
and coincidentally i just declared war on the vaegirs, and suddenly i'm surprised when i see rivacheg is under siege, i completely forgot i had it

Stop lying Satan.

There's nothing overpowered about it, the issue is that the game doesn't allow for armor to track different types of damage, otherwise, if you encountered someone in plate and had a sword in hand, you'd simply click X to turn it around and bash him with the crossguard.

Same could be applied for shit line poleaxes or warhammers, press X to switch between the hammer and the spike/axe.

Well, here's hoping Bannerlord mods will fix it.

uwot m8
thats exactly how upstabanons mordhau works
you press x on a sword and start bashing heads in with the blunt end
it just doesnt work very good because one of the alternative attack modes will do way less damage thus never used

not if you're super fucking fast about it.

I'd still rather have armour than fucking going out in my fucking boxers with my nuts swaying about trying to dodge pikes, swords and fucking zweihanders on top of trying to ride a horse with my nuts getting fucking crushed.

well the war with the vaegirs ended somewhat poorly for me again
i took two castles of theirs, they took rivacheg since i can't possibly defend a city on the other side of the map.
payed them 50k for a truce since i was sure i'd lose more if the war continued
and then one of my cheeky vassals joins them, so i lose a castle with him. ultimately i got nothing useful out of the war
but then we declared war on swadia, and boy did they get an asskicking
i had 200 rhodok recruits in ahmeraad, took then and made crossbowman
all the swadian castles fell easily
eventually i met harlaus and two of his vassals while they were raiding near veluca
i've got around 200 troops, they have a combined 430
but since they're raiding a village, i've got it's terrain. village is on the enemy's side of the map, and between us is a lake with a small bridge
naturally i just put my archers on a hill and send the infantry/cavalry to their deaths
no enemy could pass the bridge since we had troops guarding it
and no enemy could pass the river since they'd be shot by the time they crossed it
by the end of the battle i had around 30 troops left, and harlaus' entire army was ded
about a day or two later he offered me peace

Ah what a shame
Holy shit, how did you manage to pay that and still be able to raise and army? Either way i'm betting that there is unrest between the vassals no? By the way, better crush the swadians now or never before the butter lord managed to summon an army out of his buttery stockpile also i'm a faggot for mistaking Rivacheg for Reyvadin, simply because i've been playing too much Mountain weeb

Alrite user try doing that while embed related is happening

Halfsording a shit meme.

i had 90k in my treasury at the time, i get like 7k per week from 2 cities, a castle and around 4 weaveries
+ i never managed to get my army to a top tier level
when i went to beat up swadians i got a lot of freed slaves from mountain bandits and now i only make around 1k per week, but if i go back to using shitty sarranids i'll probably be rich again

it's now like you're holding a lightsaber or anything
padded gloves are enough to let you hold it firmly
even without them you'll only get minor scratches

Oh, I know the origin of said technique and the said meme. I'm just saying it's shit.

also yeah, every new vassal that pledges an oath to me hates me in about a week
only my initial companions are alright with me, and at this point i'm only giving them land
everyone else who joins me is just a tool for extra conquest, it's better for me to get them for a while rather than giving them to a different faction

That's why you lay the groundwork before you start conquering. Built up that RtR and marry into an honorable family and shit, basically don't depend on the greedy, opportunistic lords that join only when they think they'll get shit in return.

eh, i made the mistake of trying to appease them with land, won't do it again, companions only

Nah, you just didn't pick the right fags: pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Lord_Personalities

And I don't believe I ever made a companion into a lord.

What was the setting for mount and weeb again? Some user posted them a few threads ago and now I can remember.

~1560 nippon

WE

what's that?
VAEGIRS DECLARED WAR AGAIN?
**i took narra and then gave them a castle on my borders for peace, i think it's a fair trade for once

Can't wait for the meme man himself to release his Bannerlord mod, it'll be like Prophesy of Pendor, but for Bannerlord.
moddb.com/mods/end-him-rightly

And I was all happy the PoP faggot had quit modding to go write his LotR fanfic and get sued into bankruptcy only for another meme meister to come along.

Did slavs in real life not have shields or something?
Vaegirs are already a not so good faction, Marksman aside, but Silverstag just pisses on them taking into account Swadia and Sarranids have archers as good as them (heavily armored, one with shield), and the Bogatyr is not that good taking into account the Sarranid AND Khergit mounted units
Only one tier 8 and 9, all 3 times i have started the mod Vaegirs get defeated first by nords or khergits

i spent no joke half an hour trying to find this image

slavs had shields, i'm just used to vaegirs not having them, or rhodoks not having cavalry, etc.
only thing that ever stays the same with vanilla mods is that sarranid infantry is absolute dogshit

I always try to hide from direct confrontations due to vaegirs having their entire infantry rendered useless due to the lack of shields
In Silverstag i use the supposedly half-breed Varangians, they cost a ton but at least they can rise shit without getting screwed at the first attack
I send 50 elite sentries against a bunch of drunk raiders and they tear them apart, even the looters destroy my vaegir infantry
At least the sarranids have the mamluks (and the yayas/bahsibozuks in SS), vaegirs have nothing in vanilla other than marksmen, which is a godsend but in silverstag everybody matches them arrow by arrow, even the nordic retinue archers (elite thou)
Marksmen cost 1000 bucks, take 2 to 3 weeks to raise them as elite and they die with 2 arrows or a single blow to the head, and i'm not couting the hard shit i had to pull to get a veteran without being king or vassal

I like the guys and they are my homies, but winning wars is difficult with them other than sieges, which is basically waiting for some archer to die to get his arrows and keep shooting all by myself

Depends on time period. After Russians kicked out Mongols, they replaced their entire military with horse archers.

Is there are way to force warband to load multiple mod packets at the same time? I want to run vexed native, diplomacy, and HD map at the same time. None of them conflict with each other cause they modify different parts of the game. Why the fuck can't they run simultaneously?

because they still use the same text files that the game reads
if you want to do something fancy like running multiple mods, you're gonna have to edit one of them yourself
and without the module system files for each of the mods you want to edit, and without exact details as to which part does what, you're not gonna be doing anything anytime soon

Thankfully Bannerlord is going fully modular which ought to help modding immensely.

IF it gets out, you know, first things first

We know it's already being tested by the dev team. If you look up their Steam accounts you can see them playing the game, fuckers.

Suuure, and seeing how things are, who knows when they will stop playing to develop it again
Erdoroach might get them for anti-patriotic sentiments first if they dont hurry

The turkish fucks are holding onto the game because they know once it's released a nuke is coming their way

Is there a reason to get anything other than the base Mount and Blade: Warband?

You want the long answer or the short one?

Why not both?

Short it is then. Anyway, vanilla warband art assets are generally low polly and low resolution so they look like ass compared to some of the eye candy out there. And also several often implemented modules like the diplomacy and the freelancer add proper and interesting mechanics to the game in addition to quality of life improvements such as auto follower equip.

I am not talking about vanilla with no mods, I am talking about if there is any point to getting the Napoleon and Viking DLCs?

Well, shit. Napoleon is popular with the MP crowd and Viking Reforged Edition is probably worth a pirate if you liked brytenwalda. Caribbean! is garbage tier.

bump
i managed to unite all of our distant lands mostly via human wave tactics
swadia is somehow convincing a lot of vaegirs to join them. must be the butter
khergits died, and then rebelled against vaegirs so now they've got 1 castle that's probably gonna be lost in the next few days

How the fuck did that even happen?

it's the diplomacy settings, betrayals are set to high so a lot of vaegirs figure that yaroglek a shit and join swadia, some of them happen to have lands
the only kingdom swadia's actually gone to war with in the last year or so was rhodoks and me
i don't even know what the nords have been doing this whole time
and apparently someone betrayed me and gave veluca to the rhodoks while i was beating up vaegirs and khergits

Let's hope the only roaches worth something, the mount and blade devs are unaffected

kek

They will be fine

#blackpowdermatters

this reminds me, the people of the past were so retarded they couldn't figure out having the same color as the terrain they're in might be an advantage

Nippon words of wisdom.

Kek

Uniforms generally help against friendly fire, fam. If you have a fuckhuge mixed crowd of people and everyone is high on adrenaline swinging weapons at each other in fear for their life, you generally want your friends to be able to tell who the fuck they are even supposed to fight.

Way to drink the koolaid, normalfag. Uniforms were worn to distinguish friends from enemies, and there has been a massive increase in friendly fire incidents since camouflage became common because both soldiers and commanders don't know how to employ it properly, despite belonging so clearly to an intellectually superior generation.

fast forward to present day and now we shoot children with helicopters and UAV's because we can't distinguish shit

forgot the :^)

If you can't distinguish a spess marine colored like a plant from a nigger with half of the spess marine's height, i'm sorry dude but you might have brain damage

What mod is that? L'Aigle?

Pic related

That's the same guy who made a buttmad video about how it was [Current Year] and trannies should be free to use female toilets then deleted it after everyone said 'nah' to him.

yea that's l'aigle

You can fault the people of the past for a lot of things: they lived in filth, never bathed and thought sitting naked in front of a light breeze was an acceptable substitute for a shower, crapped in buckets and threw their excrement out the window because they didn't have plumbing or sewers, even the nobles would just shit in their pantaloons if it was too cold outside to crap on the palace stoop, every doctor was a quack that believed in the four humors theory because they were too chicken-shit to dissect people until the black death epidemic and thought slashing people and putting leaches on them was a valid medical practice, they didn't realize that a waste product from lead-zinc mining called chat was very poisonous so they let their kids play in it like it was snow, they drove several species of novel animal like the Dodo to extinction, they burned their trash next to an abandoned coal mine and that mine caught fire and it will probably continue to burn for centuries to come, they didn't realize that the brain was the one organ essential for preservation even though they should have been able to notice how close in proximity it was to the eyes, mouth, and ears during the mummification process so they just tossed it out, they'd work for long hours in freezing rain and never realized that they could get seriously ill from doing that, they never realized that they could combine two inventions made by Hero of Alexandria to create the first engine block and start an industrial revolution, and they took their sweet ass time getting around to inventing televisions, automatic weapons, aircraft, space travel, power plants, cell phones, video games, and patent offices but you definitely cannot fault them for not inventing camouflage because combat mostly took place in close quarters and it was better at that time to use bright colors rather than earth tones.

None of these are actually true in the European world. The poor didn't have many of the luxuries, but poor people are hardly even people.

we 4cuck nao?

True retards speak the way you do. Gas yourself heathen.

Seriously.

Holla Forums SUCKS AND THAT FAGGOT JEW MOD TOO

alright, give me a good mod with the vanilla setting
i'm sick of floris evolved because all the new troops are just irritating, + they don't have their faction's colors
native expansion has way too many bandits early on
what else is there?

Stop being anti-semitic Holla Forumsedditor and accept the fact that some jews are good. They're tired of your hatered too.

Except that I am not. The Americans suffered from severe friendly fire exactly because of the fact that they couldn't identify each other. Just compare that to the time Austrians ended up firing at each other and killing ten thousand of their own men because one retard thought another had shouted that the Ottomans were coming.

just kill yourself, no wonder you have no friends or sex life

The brits and the french were very well known for doing all of those, except the Dodo one
You cannot deny it, paddy. Check all the history regarding the Thames river being used as a pajeet boulevard, especially the Great Stink
The >French are still known to not bath these days, in terms of not bathing every day like every continental american/advanced european does, those guys bath every 3 or 4 days, and the invention of the perfume was because they stunk like a dead animal, even the king, so they say in the words of the brits (and that says something)
Spaniards vary, i've meet several and the same deal, they simply don't bath every day, and those who do are mermaids (the coastal, southern ones), as in they only bath in the beach and go to their daily rutines, smelling like seawater and having salt over their arms and hair

That's a mighty shitpost right there, bud
Haven't laughed like this in weeks

Your post would carry more weight if you didn't fail at basic greentext tbh smh fam

Greentext cannot be done without > in the beginning, but it can symbolize the irony and overall negative connotation a word/subject might have, in this case

p.d. Not an argument

So fucking what mate, if you're not sweating your ass of working construction or something it's perfectly fine if not better to only shower every three days.

bump

There you are you monkey
Everyone sweats, even in tiny portions. It stinks, want it or not, or at the very least smells, like when one wakes up from a slumber
It depends on diet too, the french were known for its strong flavoured foods, which were expelled as rotten cheese + cheap wine
Just bath you damned troglodites, everyday like a civilized man. And close the borders while you are at it, butter kings

Christ this thread got derailed.

wut mod friendo?

It's a scene pack for TLD.
nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6148/?

bump :^}

Started playing Gekokujo 3
Nice stuff but i realized i got used too much to shields and the running movement from Silverstag
Archery is not that good too, and gunners are as expected tough cunts, map is gigantic and feels empty at times but in terms of nobody around to mess with instead of
Maybe Ezo is not for me, or maybe 3.1 is much better
Overall this is a real man's mod, shame about the fucking paches being Steam-only or auto-extracting pieces of shit that never find the folder

You're not supposed to rub your skin with chemicals every day, I meant it when I said showering daily is bad for you, unless you really don't have a choice because summer/physical work, other than that it's okay to smell a tiny bit, we're living beings for fucks sake.

So much for the Yumi being one of the bows ever made, the archery in Gekokujo is a complete mess, having 100 in it means i should get a straight arrow at least most of the time, not every once in a damn while, very very weak shots too
No wonder samurai got their metallic asses shot

Japan comes through again with the bantz.

It is. Get the sugoroku that works with it.

You just suck, we're talking 300 and a good yumi before it starts cutting into that hatamoto armor.

Might as well not put the Yumi at all then, 100 is general use, 200 is especialized use, 300 is elite use. If the Yumi gets good at 300 then i rather pick the shooty rooties
And 3.1, i'm complete waste, can't figure how to update MB to 1.166, all patches are Steam-only
Good mod thou, liked the new animations, should've placed sheath animation too

It gets good at 50 if you're hunting peasants, looters and shit-tier pirates, but if you're going up against militants that means either looong range sniping or horse archery. And both need accuracy for those headshots.

Alternatively rifles are pretty comfy.

You're only further embarrassing yourself

How in hell do i improve relations with a castle that is not mine?
Why lock troop types behind relationship points in places you cannot gain said points?
These fucking roaches goddamn

what mod?

Silverstag, took a rest from Geko, and Swadians + Nords declared war out of nowhere
After taking 2 cities and maybe 8 castles, i gave them to the vassals, but many troops (Tilbaut archer, Dramug knight, Jeirbe infantry) are locked behind the 10+ center relationship
Some of them OP and/or cheap make them a prime choice
Never cheated but this seems like the moment to, except there's no cheat menu option for it either, and HEX editing can only be found if the numbers are dynamic for one to find it easily

What's best mod for someone who likes imershun and fun?

Actually, lemme complement that by asking is there any mod that lets me actually fucking kill nobles

pls respond

Brytenwalda

Checked

Does it let you kill nobles dead

Raping their wives is optional

this>>11630138

Are you braindamaged or just trying to shit up this thread?

Lots of doubleposting cause I forget images and people only seem to respond to borderline porn.

The real problem is that you didn't lurk enough. Fuck off.

the fuck

wew

kek

bannerlord news
turkroaches proven to have survived the nuclear holocaust

Just like IRL Central Europe

Funny thing is, in all my 3 builds, Swadia takes over half of Khergits and Nords
Nords kill off the Vaegirs, Khergits go to the Sultanate East and Rhodoks take Shariz and the castles
Vaegirs never survive, Swadia always has more than 4 cities
Like is pain being an archer in Vaegiria

I heard someone is talking shit about the spaniards. Some filthy englishman protestant if I'm well informed.

cannot wait to make waifu in their game.
hurry the fuck up turkroaches its nucurrent year.

tbh the game could more or less be released right now
their reasoning for holding it is to actually finish shit
but so far, it's already a huge improvement over warband
for once i want early access

It is grabbing a sword by a edge and using it like reals man weapon a fucking hammer. Cannot really get a proper grip but overall it should work pretty well.

What is meme about it?

Spain is shit and they have no claim to being the Sons of Romulus and Jove's Chosen People. They are miscegenated Carthaginians who further mixed with Gauls, Arabs and Berbers. You deserve Damnatio Ad Bestia, and your so-called Messiah, Iesu, King of the Judeans is receiving that treatment forever in the Underworld for his wicked ways and treachery against Caesar.

is there any way i can get the source files for the star wars mod?
wanted to try and change it into a star trek one, but doing it via txt files would be a pain

lol bud go back to Sekhtem

No one can claim to be the proper roman empire
Closest one would be russians because they married the last byzantine princess but russians aren't roman, they're slav/tartars and the claim to the name of rome died with the tzar.

Make way plebs

Perra, por favor.

NĂ£o

Am I doing something wrong here? I know that the Nordic part of the map is the hardest to start off on but I don't remember the game and combat being this cheap, when I played before I always started off in the Kerghit and Vaegir kingdoms. Never really liked Swadia just because of the amount of traveling you gotta do to get anywhere there. Absolutely hate the Sarranids because those assholes do nothing but send a sea of javelins your way the entire time along with their goddamn archer cavalry

That's Rabbi Mel Brooks for you.

Bandit bandits or sea raider tier bandits?

That's not Rivacheg
Go there, without shield, and see what happens knave
But M&B always had a problem with spam attacks, that's not bad, bad is when those attacks clip between them and you literally can't block without shield
Or when you attack somebody, the one behind him throws you a cheap jab

your character is very weak when you start
outnumber bandit packs early on by hiring some cheap soldiers (don't even pick peasants unless you are training them with a trainer)

Bruh

Sea raiders and looters, should've said that instead of bandits. I know raiders are pretty tough in the beginning of the game and I wanted the challenge but goddamn I didn't expect to have so many of them on the map at once

Yeah I was at Sargoth not Rivacheg, is there actually that big of a difference in challenge between the two cities? Combat I gotta readjust to, I turned off shield bashing specifically because of how much it got abused in my other playthrough where battles were just basically everyone shield bashing each other repeatedly until the archers in the back killed the poor fuckers while they were down. And fighting people with that one on one gave me plenty a good rage too because even with good armor and weapons it'd only take two dudes to take turns bashing and attacking me to completely ace me

I was trying to get peasants, should've just tried to get soldiers then in that case. I haven't played this shit in a while and never played it a whole lot anyway. I'll probably wound up playing again in a little bit anyway so I'll just make a new character and do everything the same except prioritize pathfinding and wound treatment instead of ironflesh and power strike

Rivacheg is tough even as a king due to sea riders + tundra bandits, especially when you don't have it as a court for lords to patrol
A complete mess when that happens, up to 12 30+ sea rider groups, which group into other groups and make 4 or 5 60 to 90+ sea rider groups
If both have shitload of lords, like all in the beginning, i think Sargoth is easier in terms of tournaments and quests, Rivacheg is pure gold if you manage to grind Sea Rider weapons and armor, but there's not much to do there and quests are long trips

Shields are a must, but i agree that shield bashing gets nasty at one point

You've got two staples of dealing with them out the door: either run around them on a horse until they expend their ammo or hire a bunch of recruits as fodder and hit them from behind. Falling to looters is simply a case of basic getting good. Try some arena fights or the actual training field to get a feel for the blocking.

And I know different strokes for different folks and all, but the Nord starting area is arguably the easiest. Next to no cavalry, and next to no archers even in their armies, pretty much a cakewalk as long as your horse doesn't eat a throwing axe.

m&b noob here wanting to get started. Is the enb graphics mod any good? Does it break anything?

Half of those things are false and the rest can be summed up with:
>they
Also how is a group of colonists letting their animals kill a fucking useless meme animal off and ending it's misery a bad thing, or something that makes the colonists "less intelligent"?

Visigothic Spain was the only good Spain.

How new are you?

Spain was never good, only the independent Kingdoms were good.

Is there a better one? The stock graphics are ok but I'd like something better if it exists and doesn't cause any glitches.

Game is going to crash on you anyways, save often that's what i can say
Some mods glitch at the backgrounds tho, so check that out. Towns in front of sea might get a nasty line of hills in front of its water view

keep thread alive
post more m&b memes

also why are Rhodoks the master race?

You are nuffin' on the open, grapenigger

Do you even own a horse?

Say that to my face and not online and see what happens.

Plus, that faggot king, for all the ages I helped him take Swadian lands, never once gave me a single one of the places I personally captured.

git gud relations with him

Last I checked, we were decently tight, but he refuses to give things to anyone but himself.

Strange, maybe it's because you already have a fief or two?

Well, yeah, but they're both shitty towns.

Villages, rather.
I've got two little villages, no castle or anything nice otherwise.

Honestly, if you're upset about it, just form your own faction and take over Rhodok cities until you are the new king of the Rhodok Republic.

Eh, at that point, I wasn't really equipped to do so. I just signed on with the Swadians and helped them win back most the territory they lost.
Worked out fairly well for me. Still didn't give me much, but at least I had more.

Do you think sea raiders are difficult now? Before they were nerfed you had to only attack their hideouts with Nord huscarls, Swadian knights, or Sarranid Mamelukes to even have a chance of victory. The average sea raider was equal in capability and equipment to a Nord warrior.

This has already been answered multiple times, but half-swording would require wrestling mechanics and armor being more comprehensive with the half0swording being primarily the "going for crits" move.

i'm sorry, it sounds like you've never met desert bandits

never get graphics mods for m&b
just get a mod that has nice aesthetics

Got utterly btfo'd by Khergits again and we are about to lose another castle to the Nords. Playing Vaegir is suffering…

try playing sarranids
it's literally like playing as a nigger in africa
your weapons and armor only work within the context of the sarranid territories - light armour and spears/javelins, to easily stop light cavalry, or slings to easily stop the light armour infantry
but the moment you step out of the sarranid empire, you get destroyed by everyone, since they have:
better armour
faster weapons with shorter reach
SHIELDS THAT MAKE SPEARS REDUNDANT
and heavy cavalry that can survive the spears

I feel you, Vaegirs and Sarranids are my favorite factions due to muh aesthetics

i like the sarranids for being underdogs, but for playthroughs with them, i tend to just conquer the sarranids and use their cities as funding for mercenaries/other faction troops
sarranids only tend to have half decent ranged troops when compared to other factions, cavalry takes too long to make

I'm not playing something that ps4 fags have a better looking port of.

That shit was updated in the PC version
Its literally nothing
Just get some scene packs

ok

I'm really interested in the character death stuff. What will happen to your skills? Would be pretty annoying to lose some 300 motherfucker and have to start fresh with your shitty heir kid.
Would it also just break the game if you went and killed every lord in the land? It'll be interesting to see how they integrate it.

Holy shit, fuck off.

Maybe the child, once reaching majority, gets a randomized skill seed based on the skills of both parents to determine what sort of skills he starts off with.

I assume there is a system in place to generate new lords as required, though there is gonna be a limited in place to make killing nobility actually have meaning I assume.

They are not so much, but they were a pain when traveling, in Rivacheg if you had no spotting you would have to evade like a nigger
Still they can knock a good quantity of peasants and decent troops, i always go solo with bows and horse against them
Their hideout only gives bandits and a couple of warriors, but i agree, back then without 1/4 hit standard it was impossible when they were all warriors

It's hell on earth, one wonders if turkroaches weren't butthurt when designed them, as canonically they whooped the Khanate

bumpu

So, any Burgers playing Persistent Autism? What North American servers are active?

Is there any mod out there that improves AI of soldiers during sieges? I hate it when you have your forces make it to the ladders and try forcing themselves up only a single ladder only to get absolutely mauled as they clutter up through a single stream of troops. Like if there's 2 or 3 ladders, they tend to favor only one ladder after the first wave of troops is done with and in some castle setups this just demolishes your troop count in a hurry and you literally watch they get smacked off and make a body pile down below.

Is there a mod that makes it so troops have a more even spread determining which ladder a unit will take? Sometimes it's just a matter of trying to breach and take out some of the archers so your reinforcements have an easier time but sometimes it's hard to accomplish even that with how dumb the AI handles ladders in those sieges (and if you get knocked out during a siege, watch as your troops get maimed as you can't get them to stop charging aimlessly into the enemy, including your archers).

this is why you have archers, you dummy
use the archers to kill half the troops at the ladder and then send your infantry to finish them off, hopefully before their reinforcements come

Gekokujo changes the sieges dramatically. It's still about running a line towards the enemy spawn point, but there's open spaces, courtyards and shut gates inside the castles so you can maneuver a bit in both defense and offense. It gets too easy if you have patience and exploit the AI's willingness to follow you out of their castle and then murder them with archers and gunners, though.

Man i love what Gekokujo did with the sieges, it actually made sieges big in scale and not just a long drawn out battle for a wall where you throw your soldiers into the grinder, of course the no-shields and the existence of guns do have something to do with it.
The garrison will outnumber your forces by 4 to 1 (in cities mostly), and unless your army is composed out of Hatamotos or Veterans (which are a grind to get and expensive to keep) then setting up killboxes with your gunners and archers is the best way to clear the fief (casualty-wise). Although you still need infantry to clear the initial line of defense (which are very thinly spread hopefully the upcoming version, if it ever comes, fix this), and boy does it feel good slashing up filthy ashigaru peasants while leading the siege.
Also repostan best soundtrack

fight alongside the archers in a last man standing battle
gekokujo really had the most intense sieges

My armies were always Hatamoto Archers (and best Onnibushi as the cheerleader harem grills) with some expendable spear and gunner Ashigaru. The samurai archers were pretty good in melee especially if you were personally in the fray with your companions breaking the spear line with tetsubos.

The wait is killing me

I wouldn't do that in front of roaches if I were you

orient express.jpg also works :^)

How do I successfully counter horse archers on a flat terrain? This is driving me insane, they are raping me left and right and since they are all mounted they are moving super fast on the map, I can't even escape to hills/mountains where I would at least had a chance.

On top of that in NE khergits are good even in sieges ( both offensive and defensive), which was supposed to be their weakness.

either get cavalry of your own, or try to shoot them down with archers and hope they don't charge you

First, is it a river map? Alternatively pull all your troops to the edge of the map and turtle up.

They shoot down my pathetic vaegir horseman before they can even reach them. Some of their troops even have javelins that can kill horses with one hit, so the lucky few who don't get killed immediately are dismounted. Plus their horses are faster. My archers do their best, but it's always just the matter of time before they get mowed down as well.

Yeah that works, but most of the time I'm fighting them on flat terrain.

Ohh sorry I misread the end of your post, I need to try it, it may actually work, but it's such a cheap tactic I almost kinda feel bad for using it.

Then I sure as hell hope you have a strong shield wall to soak up the pain and let those vaegir archers do their magic. Companions are actually great for those doorstop roles.

Nigger, it even worked on star wars tier speeders.

But I guess I can use them as a meat shield since they are super cheap. The problem with vaegir archers is that they have extremely high rate of fire and thus run out of arrows fast. Against infantry this isn't such an big issue since they are easy target and they do some serious damage before they reach us, but against fast cavalry like khergits, they miss half of their shots if not more.

OK, here's something to blow your mind you can have troops from multiple cultures in the same army

And they hit plenty.

I only do that if I'm playing as my own kingdom, otherwise I hate having troops from other factions.

Bannerlord will not have halfswording because it makes no sense based on the vague time period the game takes place in just like Warband.

pls respond

GET ARCHERS
E
T

A
R
C
H
E
R
S

I've started playing this for the first time recently. Started out in the Khergit Khanate and I'm digging the combat so far.

I joined a couple tournaments to get some money for a few mercs and did some quests, but I'm kind of lost on what to do now. I'm currently traveling to deliver letters, but this isn't too hard.

either join a lord and follow his campaigns, hoping that he eventually gives you land, however this is unlikely. even if you take a castle all by yourself, he can still give it to someone else
alternatively, take a castle all by yourself. khergits aren't a horrible choice, since they have archers, and they're unstoppable outside of a siege. a better choice for sieges in particular would be nords because of their unstoppable infantry.
you should also make sure to do this while two factions are at war. see if one takes a castle from the other. it will have a very small garrison, and you can quickly go beat up some villagers to ruin your reputation with that faction, and then storm the castle. depending on how big your army is, you might even be able to convince the castle to surrender without a fight
if you do take a castle, don't stay in it, since the faction you took it from will definitely come back and you won't have enough troops to beat them
let them take it back, then just reconquer it since it will once again have a small garrison
everytime you conquer the castle, make sure to plunder it so that you get more money to replenish your troops
eventually, you can start actually guarding the castle.
if you took a village with the castle, you can talk to one of your companions, give him a village, and he becomes a lord in your faction. or you can wait/convince some other lord to join your faction, but they always want land or they eventually get angry at you and leave the faction

First of all this guy needs to git gud. Now, you've got two main options: you can loot and pillage for your starting capital or you can tourneyfag, in either case gather all the companions. Next you're looking for dyeworks (or whatever's most profitable) in all the cities that will remain friendly for the foreseeable future, at least 5-6.

Now comes the "fun part". You sign up as a merc (so, NOT a full vassal) to a faction you plan joining/invading and start identifying/building positive relations with honorable, trustworthy lords. For best results stack right to rule and court a noble lady with a big family or prepare to support a pretender/waifu.

You never, ever, turn companions into lords as you both piss off the NPC lords and you deprive yourself of excellent immortal doorstops shocktroops.

keeping and upgrading companions in a mod that doesn't let them automatically collect loot is just irritating, it's easier for me to make them lords

Manually implementing freelancer, autoloot or diplomacy is a ten minute copy/paste procedure and they all have actual step-by-step blockheadfag tier guides. And that's ignoring that just about every mod worth playing already included them in some fashion.

They don't get angry because they have PMS, they get angry because you fucked up. I guess you picked the greedy and the turncoat fuckers because they're the easiest to recruit, well tough luck because they're greedy and turncoats. And you also pissed off everyone else (including other faction lords) by making peasants and foreigners companions into lords.

The main reason why you don't want too many companions is because they impact the overall morale of the army, but considering how pointless morale is in vanilla warbands that's rarely a factor. Just avoid having faction troops while you fight the that faction.

But for some reason my army morale is only "above average". I still have like 20 "troop slots" free before reaching my maximum, but getting a huge "army size" morale penalty. I guess I have to level up Leadership some more..

Is there even a mod that makes morale impact anything? Most mods I've played have everyone fighting nearly to the death.

You might get a bunch of guys making a run for it when you've whittled them down to 95%. It's especially irritating when peasants and looters manically hold their ground regardless of the rate you're killing them off at.

Would you guys recommend any Napoleonic groups to play with? I don't like mil sim groups with required service on specific dates.

Buy large varieties of food.

Morale is really junky by design. For example your 120 strong elite heavy infantry band may route within 20 seconds because you're being attacked by a 300 strong (mostly recruit tier) army. Also the overland map desertion becomes a real pain when you lose a few dozen huskarl or knight tier troops a day.

Now, I know Sayazan, Gekokujo, Brytenwalda and Nova Aetas have settings/modules/mods that "enable" moral.

Companions, temporary modifiers or mixing different cultures in your army.

Oh how the tables have turned…

I'm mostly feeding them with fish, bread, cabbages and grain. For some reason pork, chicken, dried meat, fruit and cheese are hard to come by.

Besides a couple of mercenaries, my army is strictly vaegir. And I only have 2 companions.

I assume you didn't lose any recent battles? Like I said, morale is really junky.

Try storming a Vaegir castle and watch your archers get wrecked while your melee troops waste away rank and file on a single ladder.

In the Floris mod I believe you can automatically have yourself and companions pick up all loot with their free inventory space (those with inventory management skill have more bits of space). You can also set a setting which allows you to not pick up anything below a certain sell value, so you can leave all the worthless junk behind. Then when you get around to selling you can set a price point for all the things you want to sell automatically in town when selling at the market, so you can keep around anything good enough to have yourself or a companion equip before deciding what to do with it (sell or keep).

not all mods do that sadly

there's actually a submod that lets you place a pavise shield in front of you, but i don't think it ever got completed so the AI would use it too

The Ikko-Ikki are terrible.

bump

In geko? They're far cheaper to maintain and upgrade than hatamoto.

It's not a fucking meme you retard it's an actual technique used in medieval warfare and it's very effective

True, can confirm.

As a faction, I mean. Or maybe their "great leader" is just terrible with tactics.

Does having horses in your inventory increase map moving speed?

a little bit
it's better to just have cavalry units though

Yes, but I think less than replacing a soldier with a horseman.

Ohh ok thanks, I guess I can sell those 15 horses I have for no reason then.

Their fiefs are really spread out, and the whole upkeep thing doesn't really relate to the AI. So when an army with 50% samurai fights an army of 50% monks the monks generally get proper fucked.