3DS CFW + Homebrew General

INSTALLATION GUIDE
plailect.github.io/Guide/
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal. On New 3DS, you can now install arm9loaderhax without downgrading past 9.2 through the homebrew launcher.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable. The phailect guide might say 10.7 can't use broswerhax but it can.
>11.0-11.2:
Running CFW is not as straightforward
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software. You might need a second 3ds already running CFW to gain an entrypoint. 3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade ← These are your non-hardmod options: waithax, steelhax, and 3ds transfer
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accessible on 11.x
STAY TUNED FOR WHEN THE GUIDE UPDATES AND UTILIZES THE NEW HACKS

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
pastebin.com/x2BX0wTw
archive.is/jDEDl
3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
soundhax.com/
archive.org/download/9.2DowngradeFiles
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5fv3xa/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_december_2016/
mega.nz/#F!E5NWhTQZ!f1PFSUKrleLXH_h0NBtXmQ
archive.is/etUfT
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
mega.nz/#!El0RFALI!e4l2W5fRPdkVhPF2g52LcBZO6I-qybi0jYOA1N3hAG0
gbatemp.net/threads/easyrpg-3ds-rpg-maker-2000-2003-player-for-3ds.419889/,
nicoblog.org/3ds-rom/
discord.gg/ccecErB
3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer
github.com/tesnos/SMMOCM/releases/tag/v0.2
github.com/AnalogMan151/sumoCheatMenu/releases/tag/v0.1.0
github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases/tag/2.4.6
gbatemp.net/threads/release-kecleon-patch-for-luma3ds.455090/#post-6963475
gbatemp.net/threads/release-demo-the-great-ace-attorney-the-adventure-of-ryuunosuke-naruhodou.455185/
github.com/BernardoGiordano/PKSM/releases
github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases
github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/ace-attorney-investigation-2-prosecutors-path-final-release.367451/
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5llxmx/safefirmlaunchhax_unimplemented_arm9_exploit_on/
3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5lsfar/112_downgrade_success_with_combined_safehaxfasthax/
gbatemp.net/threads/safehax-11-1-2-downgrade-without-dsiware.455456/page-14#post-6973769
3ds.guide/decrypt9-(homebrew-launcher)
3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_System_Flaws
github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20161113
gbatemp.net/threads/all-3-methods-to-get-unbanned-from-recent-ban-wave.450679/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!1?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your SD card, go into the hax folder and copy the 3ds folder to your SD. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well. Copying arm9loaderhax.bin does not install arm9loaderhax, this is simply where the cfw is stored.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline. Asking WHEN doesn't make it come faster.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.
>My issue is covered in this FAQ at all!
Check 3dshack and Gbatemp to see if someone has had your issue and as fixed it. If you're going to post your issue here INCLUDE AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE. You're only opening yourself to shitposting if you don't.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily, go to Gamecart Dumper > Dump to CIA.
>Can I convert a .3ds to a .cia?
Yes, with Decrypt9 simply go to Content Decryptor > NCCH/NCSD > NCCH/NCSD to CIA.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
>I'm a citra user and can you tell me where to find unencrypted roms?
Not here.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
GBA VC Injector: mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO/3DSChaos Accounts: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
New™ 3DS Vola: volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
Vola User: 3DSOP pass: password!1
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/x2BX0wTw
Last Thread: archive.is/jDEDl

I AM ALMOST THERE GUYS, BUT I STILL AM HAVING PROBLEMS AT EVERY FUCKING TURN THOUGH BUT AND I WILL GET THROUGH THIS.

I am on section II, #2

Whenever i go to the website and press select to install it says.

I swear I followed every step like a baby duckling. Why did this happen??!?!

I also have all of my wiiu homebrew stuff on my sd card because reasons I tried to put it somewhere else but the laptop im using wouldnt let me
would that be the problem?

Finaly Fantasy Explorers gets frozen in the begining of the tutorial. It gets stuck at a black screen, any thoughts why?

I tried freeshop version of US and EU but both of them do it.

I've seen that error before
it means you misread something or downloaded the binaries instead of the actual file or something

What we're going to need is a screen cap of what the folder looks like

try CIA Angel

Apparently you're missing two files called payload_input. Check the guide's list of programs needed for Step 2 to find them.

(checked)
O3DS or N3DS?
If it was black screen on start up with O3DS, that'd be a problem with Luma needing updating.

Go to System Settings and delete the game with it's save data from there, and try again. Might be something with a fault save if you tried to play the game a while ago.

Its New 3ds, the game starts, I make my new character, and it does a little cutscene where you run away from a boss to another room where then you meet someone but after you finish talking to them the screen stays black but you can still hear the music.

I exited before and the save data of my new game is at the part where you have to run away again from the monster and every time I get stuck at the black screen with music playing. I deleted the game multiple times.

Anyone know how to scan a QR code with FBI? I dont see a option for it. My FBI is Ver. 2.4.5

Just try deleting the save data for both EU and US versions. If you have a save manager, they can probably delete it too.

Another alternative is to ask another user to start the game, finish the tutorial and give you the save file. I would, but my 3DS is not near me at the moment.

Here is my folder

I couldn't find them or maybe i'm blind as a bat? I googled it and apparently i need to compile them? I apparently need a payload stage 1 and 2, but they arent even in any of my files that i checked, but i must be missing something?

forgot folder.

You probably need to set up region emulation, check the Luma3DS wiki for how to do that. This also happens with Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts and Rhythm Heaven Megamix (USA)

First level menu right at the bottom of the list.

Don't be a meme, Region Emulation is obsolete, every CFW we've ever had has got region-free patches for .CIAs.
Anyways, he said he was using both US and EU copies, so that shows it's not a region-specific error at work.

I do have region free toggled since I also played EX Troopers and some other jap games before. The black screen doesnt come before the game starts but in the beginning of the game.

Yeah we've had that for a while, so explain why it was still necessary to run the USA copy of Rhythm Heavem Megamix from a Euro 3DS.

Just turning it on isn't enough you also have to set up a particular file, again, consult the wiki.

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

Probably because that wasn't the problem.
The only error I ever heard with Megamix was that the CIAs being distributed all had shitty cryptofixes, and you needed to simply go to the eShop and repair it to fix it.

Also, you're wrong about not simply turning it on. You do, and the console ignores the region signature.

Changing a console's region is only for when you wish to use a cartridge without HANS or when you want to get from a shitty region like KOR to US, which has more support for hacks.

Yeah I still get black screened. Same results as freeshop.

You mean that when I had the problem, and then it magically started working on adding the region emulation file for USA US? Yeah sorry I ain't buying it. If the feature isn't necessary why is it still documented and an option in Luma3DS?

The game runs and I am able to create a character in the EU version though.

I just told you what the problem was.

If you went to the eShop and patched it, it would work.
You, however, did the harder method of region emulation. By doing this, the console doesn't give a shit about the cryptofix and whether it works or not, as it's just playing the US game like a US console.

Misinfo doesn't help, nor are your suggestions for this problem.

I also clearly stated why Region Emulation is still documented and kept in Luma.

dammit

Ok so im going back and redoing stuff and i found out that there were some steps that i completely missed. How the fuck didnt i brick by now? Its the least i deserve for being so much of a fuck up with this.

Any risk of freeshop getting us bricked by nintendo?

Nintendo can't legally brick anything.

This was a Freeshop/CIAngel copy of the game mate, not some random CIA. I even just tried it again right now for verification and it does not work until I add the region emulation file (USA EN, my mistake). eShop doesn't show it as a downloaded title to repair and freeShop has no option I can find to do it either.

Worth noting is that the Japanese version does work from Freeshop without hassle, as does my physical cartridge. System is A9LH with current Luma3DS.

Care to go into more detail about what I'm supposedly doing wrong?

Best part of this new easy guide is that all the tools are made as safe as possible to prevent bricks.
I like to think the bricks were simply to deter idiots from getting into piracy, but I'm glad you figureed out your problem.

Everyone asks for it, and it keeps getting posted.
It's not a very good rec list, anyways.
It's just Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Mario, Zelda etc. Every single mainstream game that gets rehashed was on the list, and there weren't many good, more obscure games on the list.

Nintendo can't differentiate between people using eShop and using Freeshop.
The lack of checks in place makes you wonder what the Devs were thinking.

The only problem I ever saw with Megamix was cryptofix errors. Dozens of anons kept whinging about it and they always got it fixed by eShop repair.
There is a way to open the eShop in another region to repair a file, but I forgot the name of the tool.

Here.

Bit late, but anyways:
soundhax.com/
It's released and works on all 3 major regions.

FastHax is delayed until tomorrow for the Alpha.

There is a more current one with a black background, but both of them don't have terribly amazing picks in them.

I got a most recent one

I'll actually fucking save it this time, thanks.

Someone should extend the list and add more games with pictures.

Well my issue with RHM must be a different one. Also it probably won't show up in the eShop list with that tool, the only titles there were ones I'd bought legally, in-region ones from Freeshop weren't there.

They can and do get rid of hacks when you update your Wii, what's stopping them from doing that much with the 3DS should they find a way?

Removing hacks doesn't render a system inoperable. Bricking them does. That's the key difference.

How do you know if your system bricks? And how do you repair it? Im not far off from being an idiot user, but i learn from my mistakes.

eShop should show up any games that are in-region, I had to fix Spirit of Justice on release day.

Current 3DS hacks are more sophisticated than the Wii. That's mostly due to Nintendo's security being more lax this time around, so that we could get access to the areas of the system that they would use to fix the issues.

It can softbrick or hardbrick.
Soft is shown by a blue screen with 3 or 4 lines of white text in the top corner. You can fix those with hardmods or sending them to Nintendo (with complimentary wiping your SD card and updating to 11.2 :^) )

Hardbricks are when it won't turn on at all, or powers on and nothing happens to the screen.
There's probably a way to fix a hardbrick, but I don't know it off my head.

Follow the guide, it's idiot-proof as Reddit proves on a daily basis. Seriously, I trawl there for info/updates, and the number of bona fide idiots that are reaching for 70 IQs is astounding.

user..I followed the instructions to the best of my ability but i missed a few steps on the 2.1.0 transfer and on section IV step 1. on the A9LH guide i went back to fix my black screen and now I STILL have a black screen and even worse, my 3ds wont even boot without the sd card inside

I wasnt focused enough, my eyes werent keen enough, I missed a few steps and fucked up

But wont restoring my NAND fix it? I dont know how to do it but if there is still a chance im 100% willing to try again

If it doesn't boot at all, I'd suggest sending it to someone for a hardmod (check GBAtemp), sending it to Nintendo or an authorised repairer.

Even if they update you to 11.2, don't worry, as the new hax we have can get you CFW on 11.2.

Will that actually give you a new way to downgrade from 11.x or at least without a second CFW 3DS?

Oh my fucking god this CFW shit puts so much pressure on me and i buckled under it. Damn.

I wasnt even using my own 3ds.

Im going to search for a guide somewhere of restoring the 3ds before i consider sending it. Maybe I could get a second change and atone for my retardation.

Huh, N3DS 11.2 A9LH crashes and even forces a restart when I try soundhax. Otherapp payload's in, HBL works fine with Homebrew Launcher Loader. It's redundant but I was interested in seeing it work, curious that it crashes at all. Maybe it needs a ropbin instead of an otherapp, or am I doing it right and it's just behaving funky?

Live and learn. Next time though, don't space out like a tard and follow directions to a T.

Yes sir.

Otherapp.bin is needed.
There were a few idiots who were naming it "otherapp.bin.bi", are you one of those people?

Oh, so it needs to be named "otherapp.bin"? All I recall on the github was needing "the otherapp payload for your system version" and a link to Smegma's github, I was just dumping in the payload under its downloaded name.

Naming "otherapp.bin" did the trick, works like a dream now. That new 100% bootrate thing for the HBL works like a dream.

We pull the chart from the Holla Forums recommends wiki
Just check there

Why would it?

What is it with 3ds homebrew and hilarious acronyms? Every time I see any of those pop up I always end up chuckling a little.

Nintendo came up with two of those. I have no idea why NTR was chosen.

>CIA bane?
>FBI pls leave bane?

Poor taste mate.

Screw the ball. Proof will be when 3ds.guide updates the instructions for all this new stuff. I'm excited for the future of 3DS, thought A9LH would be the last great event.

Also, is logging into the normal eshop and using freeshop risky in any way?

I think you had to unpack that release.7z

Freeshop's no riskier than a manual cia installation with FBI, eShop can't touch anything but DLC data. Hell, you can repair installation with eShop as if you actually owned the game, off the top of my head.

Talk shit about my balls one more time and just see what happens, kid.

Pssh.

Wasn't there an app that lets you livestream 3ds gameplay?

Post 3

Any of the swapdoodle fags here?

No, and like a dipshit I still didn't save the OP or list of fags.

archive.is is your friend
See if someone smarted than you archived the thread or check /vg/

PLEASE RESPOND

Is there any issue with installing the E.U. unsigned tickets to a U.S. N3DS using Waithax?

I know I can run the result with Hans, but is there any risk in doing so?

I'm gonna be modding a 3DS for someone with minimal experience actually dealing with modded systems. What do I need to do to completely idiot-proof the hack once it's set up?

can someone spoonfeed me on this?
Do i just delete freeshop and search for something new or what?

Freeshop still works, you can keep it. It's just not available on github anymore.

You need to disable clockup (luma settings) if you're on n3DS, for some reason it always freezes there on the tutorial. Afterwards you can set it back.

as for recommended games, Mercenaries Saga 3 is out and I adored the first one (er, 2nd) so if you like TRPGs with treasure hunting, go for it.

it does? i tried starting it after the news and it crashed while trying to connect. Must've been a strange coincidence.

It had an issue crashing a few days ago because the dev had a bug that freaked out thanks to some Korean title keys that got uploaded. He fixed it in the latest version.

Why aren't there a lot of updates to the titlekey .bin?
There's still a bunch of games that haven't been added.

Hi guys, its the retard who soft bricked his 3ds. I managed to fix it though by restoring my nand back to 9.2.0. I have another problem though.

Is 2.1.0 nessisary for A9LH? I managed to backup my nand to a point where i dont get blackscreens on boot anymore, but I am back at 9.2.0, and i cant update to 2.1.0 due to my 3ds getting blackscreens on reboot at some point later in the process.

Can i just skip that entire process and download the a9lh while im still at 9.2.0?

O3DS or N3DS?

trying to switch to a9lh here with an o3ds (FW 10.7, with luma 6.6, SD labeled EMUNAND9SD), i'm trying to run decrypt9 but the screen goes red, then black for a bit, goes back to red and kicked back to the hombrew launcher(already did it a couple times), what do.

o3ds because that the one im working on, i also recently got a n3ds so that too if you want.

I hope i dont screw up on the n3ds though, its brand new damn it

meant for

So what is this fasthax and soundhax and why it would replace A9LH?

PLEASE REPLY

I really need to know.

Soundhax is an entry point.

Fasthax will not replace A9LH, it's just faster than Waithax.

Sighax may lead the way to custom firmware that will replace A9LH-.

Those last two are my best guess, I don't know.

And what the fuck is waithax? I'm sure I wasn't been off the loop that long.

Well, you need to be able to boot into 2.1.0 since A9LH's entry point requires it.

Waithax was in development for a while, it was formally slowhax. It's only good for 11.0.1. and under.

It basically takes one hour and ten minutes, on certain N3DS systems, but not all, it takes twenty minutes.

It can be used to install CFW if you have one of the select four DSiWare titles that were all pulled. But can't be used with SUDOKUhax.

The exploit was patched with 11.0.2.

Without the DSiWare you can still use it to install tickets for the unsigned .cia files.

tried copying all the contents of the decrypt9 zip to the 3ds folder, still nothing

So, I've been reading about the Freeshop being DCMA'd. What is the current alternative?

CIAngel. Also Freeshop still works if you have it. The titlekey database is still up.

Ah, I still have it, yeah. But I suppose new games wont show up on mine, correct?

No, they will. Again, titlekeys don't come from the application, but from an entirely different source.

welp, decided to pester gbatemp with my issue, and looks like i got a partial downgrade, anyone got a ddl of a murican o3ds downgrade pack?

Oh, I didn't know. Thanks.

Complete newfag to this and was wondering something. I'm planning on getting a New 3DS(not XL, just a regular one in case I want that weird analog stick peripheral). If I were to get a new one from fucking gamestop what firmware version is likely to be on it stock? Is there somewhere I can check this information? I don't want to buy the thing only to find out that I've got a version that would require me hardmod just to put this shit on it

Forgot to mention, I'm in the US if that makes a difference

no one willing to help me out with this?

A lot of links I have are old and ded, sorry user. Just google round for them.
archive.org/download/9.2DowngradeFiles
This has some of the firmwares in a ZIP file, but there's 5 or 6 in the one .zip, which will take a little longer to download.

You have a few choices, here:

You can just buy it, open up the box carefully, check the console's serial number on the bottom and check
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5fv3xa/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_december_2016/

If it's under 11.X, really easy to hack the day you get it.

If it's over 11.2, you can either hack it with a hardmod or wait until the 3rd, when FastHax will be fully supported, then downgrade to 9.2, A9LH etc.

Really, just grab the console you see first, if it comes with a game, great, play that until the 3rd then get ready to hack.

Ok guys i am using my own 3ds now and i just downgraded to 9.2.0 but i cant use soundhax anymore

I get an error message saying

I know the hax is brand new and all but..what do i do about that?

if you're in 9.2 cant you just use browserhax then?

Can someone have a cia of the latest version of Freeshop?
What have the guy that made Freeshop said about the DMCA?

You mean NTR? Didn't a new one come out recently?

I put the link but it just took me to the webpage instead, i think its because i dont have browserhax installed on my sd card.

Where can i find it? 3ds.guide dosent have it anymore.

You know what? I think i just about had it. I dont know what i did to deserve this but nothing works for me. Everything i touch turns to shit and breaks. I think ill just take a break from this and wait for fasthax to at least come out for me to see some hope for once.

Don't know what he said, but there was a bunch of forks still available, and all he has to do is change the logo and he's allowed to keep developing it.

NTR has streaming, and there'sa few other options, but NTR is the best.
You can even use your 3DS as a wireless controller if you want a cntroller on your PC and don't have another one.
Don't do this, the 3DS as a controller sucks.

You're on 9.2, FastHax won't fix you up at all.
Keep posting here, or chuck me an email/steam and I can PM you help.
You're at the home stretch, user, keep going.

When i look back it turns out that i probably didnt miss any steps at all, i may have just used the data i was using for my 3ds for my brothers 3ds instead of starting the whole process over with his. That must have been the reason it cant downgrade to 2.1.0.
Or maybe i did miss something but i highly doubt it

I couldnt use browser hax on my own 3ds due to it freezing upon loading to go to the website or having the camera broken so i cant even take pictures of qr codes. I managed to get to 9.2.0 on it with soundhax but now soundhax dosent even work at all. I get that stupid fucking error message.

All i wanted to do was to hack my n3ds to play some SMT on there so i dont give that jew of a company nintendo any more money. But it looks like im going to still spend money and buy those games used now. Fuuuuuuck.

I need a new hobby

Here's a later archive of the last thread with just a little bit more posts: archive.is/etUfT

I know this is trhe 3DS thread, but since there is no WiiU thread up, lemme ask here - is it simple enough to pirate on the WiiU by now? Last time I checked, there was rednand and some thing called brazillian method, but apparently rednand was still incomplete or something.

Anyway, what is the best way to hack your WiiU right now, vWii possibly included? Rednand? Go full brazillian? Some method to make both coexist? I would like to play online, by the way, at least with my already owned physical games.

Good to know, so FastHax can bypass the need for a second 3ds/hardmodding? Also I was planning to buy the system for Monster Hunter 4U in the first place, so I was hoping I'd have some time with it before attempting to hack it

github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki

You need to redownload otherapp from the Homebrew Launcher site. That file is specific to each update.

Anyone got a 7th Stand User .cia from easyrpg? I've heard it works with yume nikki so I was wondering if 7th stand user works.

OK seriously, can we get some info on what the new hacks allow and why from someone who has a clue?

Freeshop, because it still works.

What does this work on 3DS?!

this will be a fun ride.

mega.nz/#!El0RFALI!e4l2W5fRPdkVhPF2g52LcBZO6I-qybi0jYOA1N3hAG0
It works pretty good. I can't wait for more RPG maker games to be ported.

How did you fuck up and how will you make sure it wont happen again?

Pic related.

Yeah. gbatemp.net/threads/easyrpg-3ds-rpg-maker-2000-2003-player-for-3ds.419889/, I hope one of you niggers ports 7su and OFF eventually

Thanks user.

alright, got to downgrade as the guide wrote so buut the sd this thing had(with a good load of games) has 2 32-character ID folders, completely lost on which one should i kill

Bit late to reply to you, but BrowserHax normally crashes, you've just got to keep trying at it.
If you're using SliderHax for the O3DS, remember you have to click the far right of the slider.

Yes, FastHax can get you ARM11 kernel, which means downgrades.

You can just leave them there, the 3DS will ignore the folder it doesn't need. Those folders are where everything is stored for your NAND, so if the NAND on the SD and the console don't match, the console just ignores it.

Safe bet is delete the smaller one or the one created earlier, but if you're unsure, just delete one of them and back it up then restore if you got the wrong one, or just leave it there.

IIRC its both but I forgot what I did.

ARM11 kernel isn't enough for 11.x because of the version checking. You still need hardmod or DSiWare or ARM9 to patch that out. Also ARM11 kernel is only enough to do it with one 3DS if you have one of the unavailable DSiWare titles because the other ones require more privileges to set up for this purpose.

I read that SigHax will get past this version checking, but I could be quite wrong about that.

Also, I do believe the DSiWare downgrades work with almost all titles and don't require anything more than userland ARM11 to get save's dumped/injected.

What Class of SD card is best for these purposes? The one I'm looking at is Class 10, is that sufficient?

IIRC after class 10 they were not designed to use the better classes so it would be moot.

As for size I heard they slow down once you get past 64gb.

I use class 10s.
People say that higher classes give you faster write times with FBI, but the vast majority of things are downloaded through Freeshop, which is capped at around 600kb/s due to the wifi radio, so read/write is useless.

When people say slow down, they mean the title screen takes 20 seconds longer to show every title once you get a fair few dozen. Not actually anything important.

No. Sighax is only a flaw in the bootloader. You can't install anything to take advantage of that without ARM9 execution, much like A9LH. However, it might be possible to remove the need for the OTP region (skip 2.1.0 downgrading), or allow it to be done via hardmod? Not sure on that.

Oh, I was told that SigHax would allow someone to sign a firmware package as being legitimate, then distribute it to be used by others with ARM11 kernel, bypassing the checks.

This is why I should actually pay attention instead of glossing over things.

I have 64gb Samsung evo+ sd card for my n3ds xl. When I open up my games folder it does take a few extra secs to make all the game icons show up but thats it.

Though I never got any bigger and I'll say my 2d with the same size sd card is a bit slower.

So what's the chance of the Switch being as easily hackable/homebrewable as the Wii/U/3DS? Seems like they might try to crack down on it as hard as Sony did with the Vita, but then again this is Nintendo we're talking about here.

I asked this before and got the answer of "it took couple years for 3ds hacking to get where its at so we will just have to wait and see"

Yeah the Reddit has a PSA on that because it's flat out wrong.

Based on nothing, we can't really say. What's certain is it will start out primitive as they learn the system. After all 3DS went through Gateway, rxTools, and lots of other stuff to get to where it currently is.

Chances are the Switch will start the same way the 3DS did, with an inconvenient (or downright dangerous due to the developers) flashcart leading into primitive CFW leading into something like A9LH.

Man, Fantasy Life was pretty disappointing, but I'm not too upset about it.

Tbh it doesnt look that good. What do nips say about it?

Forgot to add, do you really need to know the story anyways in MH games?

Stories is a spinoff and doesn't play at all like a Monster Hunter game. Chances are the story might actually be of some significance.

I'm upgrading to a9hl and my SD went bonkers. I'll probably have to format it before continuing. The thing is, I have a 2DS and I'm already on 2.1.0. Does that formatting warning apply to SD cards?

Also, one thing to note, this bullshit didn't prevent me from completing earlier steps, but I noticed .cia's that I put into SD disappear after I reinsert the SD to PC.

What should I do? Can I access decrypt9 with 2.1.0? Does my console being a 2DS make any difference? The brick warnings make me spooked.

is this compatible with o3ds?

Oh cute, that's what happened when my O3DS downgrade failed and it bricked (this was a while ago with a Gateway-tainted piece of shit)

No that's talking about system format. But, you'd better have your sysNAND 9.2 backup safe or you're in deep shit.

If you have, get a new SD card because that one is potentially broken, and you do not want anything to go wrong when mucking with sysNAND or installing A9LH.

Happened to me before, sd is still perfectly fine for me. Used it for A9LH too. Might've just gotten lucky.

So wait, is soundhax a viable option yet? I'm running an o3ds on, I want to say maybe 11 something, and soundhax works as long as it's an American system as far as I know

Soundhax works, but don't expect it to be anything more than a Homebrew Launcher entrypoint like some people think. It's a step forward but unless you have a compatible DSiWare title you still can't downgrade.

More recent NTR forks work fine with O3DS but you still can't work around the high-RAM reboot.

So are there any games that play like Diablo for 3DS?

If the data just got scrambled by the 3DS it's fine, but if it was due to the SD card dying then yeah, I just don't recommend taking chances during a critical step.

Yes but it's only a homebrew entrypoint (like menuhax or browserhax or one of the gamehax). You could wait and see if 3ds.guide updates in the near future though to see if anything else gets easier, or if sighax gets an installer.

Imma run some health check programs and format this shit. Thankfully, I have a sysNAND 9.2 backup which I made yesterday.

I wouldn't bother with this as long as everything would work correctly. I'm having 10kb/s speeds on the SD since I found this problem. Also, everything I put into "cias" and "payloads" folders disappears after reinserting the SD into PC.

I think I'll just make a backup of whatever works. What should I do afterwards? Obviously, I need to format my SD. What then? Load the sysNAND 9.2 backup and do earlier steps all over again?

Good. OK, if you made it to 2.1.0, you can probably continue to part 5, but you'll need to format the SD card and copy all the tools back on.

Don't the non-XL new 3DS's tend to come with firmware below 11 though?

Is there anything comfier than having an A9LH 3ds?

deliberately stoking the fires of emunand v. A9LH autism to watch the resulting pissing contests

Honestly there isnt much of a fight there. A9LH is flat out better and the only reason to use a emunand is if you already have one and are either dead set in your ways or doing the fairly lenghty process of setting up a9LH while taking the risk of bricking your console like you did while setting up Emunand. A9LH is flat out better and worth updating to in my opinion but I can see one would be fine just keeping their Emunand.

I only care about the ones who need to ask questions about it, they really need to be using something idiot-proof like A9LH, not something usable but possible to break like menuhax+emuNAND.

From what I understand, the Wii U hack results in formatting the SD Card to 32GB with 64kb cluster allocation, and the Wii U's NAND backup should have to be there.

My question is: could I use the same card for a future 3DS hack? Or would this be really risky without formatting it?

Yes. So long as you don't go formatting it on either device, you can just swap the card between the consoles and it will ignore the files it can't use.

I installed CIAngle, but I'm not clear on it's usage.
Do I need to place a name/title list file in my SD to browse titles? Does it get it's title keys from a DB?

SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER

What happens if I try to install an E.U. ticket to a U.S.A. region N3DS?

You can either search for a name or titekey. You can also put a titlekey in a text file on your 3ds and it will grab those.

Don't quote me on this, but I really doubt that is a good idea.

I always assumed Emunand was safer since you're doing everything on an emulated system so there isn't any danger of bricking your console aside from the installation.

Thanks user, it worked!

Im not sure but im going to try the otherapp redownload on my brothers 3ds now. It worked on my own. Lets see if it works or not!

Its either the 3ds, or me, one of us will crash and burn in the end.

Okay guys I am almost done and have one final problem.

I didnt backup my nand at 2.1.0 ctrtransfer because i thought that was optional

I am now at section VI #9 on here

But there is no CTR NAND to select.

Can i select without it? Or do i have to go back and do the 9.2.0 ctr transfer?

Nevermind, i went with what i had anyways AND I FINALLY FUCKING DID IT.

I softbricked my brothers 3ds multiple times
I cant boot the my own 3ds without the sd card inside

BUT I FINALLY FUCKING DID IT!!!

Im going to use emunand9 to switch to try to switch to my 64 gig sd card now.

Any tutorials on how to download games btw?

why

I read more of the stuff on the OP, I guess I dont need to use emunand then..

Thats just how A9HL works.

will my sister suk my dik if i hak her 3ds

Of course.

You have a big dick

For you.

If i take off that condom, will you die?

Holy fuck i spent my new year telling some random person on the internet he has a big dick

So what games have people tried that work with TWLoader?

DSLinux is white screen, and so is Spirit Tracks, but those are all I've tried

and I'm gonna spend mine calling you a fag

If he wants to boot without the SDCard he just needs to have a second Luma3DS ARM9 exec in the root of CTRNAND

Says in the O.P. You use freeshop, or, you fail to find .cia files.

There's the two sites in the OP, and then there's this.

nicoblog.org/3ds-rom/

QR install with FBI, use the title key site.

My o3ds cant scan QR codes, i think its camera is broken. Its been like that for a while now.

I just have to put the freeshop.cia in my cias folder then download it from the FBI right?

Can i download games directly from their cias?
Im currently downloading SMT 4 from 3dsiso, how will i manage to make that work on my 3ds?

Is this video accurate? Ill just follow it so you guys dont have to explain to me.

Just remember, .cia stands for CTR Installable Archive (CTR is the internal name of the 3DS' OS)

After downloading a .cia file you need a .cia installer like FBI. Just put the .cia somewhere on the CD, and then use FBI to navigate to wherever you put it on your SD and then install it. It should appear as an unopened present on your Home Menu

*SD

Correct The Record?

No, Crash Team Racing. It's citrus I think. I think it's a reference to the DS, which was NTR (nitro or something like that).

CTR is an internal codename. Nobody knows what it stands for, the codename for the original DS was NTR, which was an abbreviation for Nitro DS

We all know what it really means, user

Okay, so I just tried Explorers of Sky and on boot I get an error saying it cannot access save data from the card slot, it wasn't a TWLoader error though, it was an error in Explorers of Sky itself. It happens after sitting at a blank screen forever, so something tells me some games continually try to access the save flash from slot1 at boot until it times out. Just something interesting to note.

I'll be interested when LISA is also playable

I installed Mocha CFW, redNAND and got a game working and playing as the new year came in. Happy new year Holla Forums.

sadly LISA is VX Ace, not 2000 or 2003.
However, I think the yume nikki fangame LISA is 2003.

Does NTR work for anyone?

Never mind, i just forgot I reset the config and the keys to enter the menu

So in other words
Never ever

Ok guys, i downloaded the freeshop, but it wont let me download any games.

Whenever i try to it always says Failed:"gamesname"

A youtube comment said to download something off the real eshop but i cant use that.

What do i do?

Does it matter that my 3ds is at 9.2.0?

that's probably why, try downloading an old game to test. I haven't updated past 9.1 and I can't download the latest games, it returns an error saying they require 9.6+.

Did you follow the fucking guide? Because if you did then you cant follow directions well.

A bit off-topic, but I though this was funny. I was looking through the Wii U title list and thought Xenoblade Chronicles X would be the largest game on the system at 19,5 GB, but there appears to be a single game that is larger. With a size of 19,68 GB the winner seems to be NBA 2k13.

How even.

I didnt back up my nand at 2.1.0 ctrtransfer, everything else i followed perfectly.

Magic

If you had followed it perfectly then you wouldn't be on 9.2.

Practically speaking A9LH's only safety advantages are that you just have the one nand, and can access Hourglass9 near-instantly. The only actual risks that come with an emunand setup come from being a dipshit and updating sysnand by accident or monkeying around in files you shouldn't be with FBI/GodMode9 and bricking your emunand. But with all the safeguards every emunand setup gives you (Emu/Sys version-strings in system settings, unlinking nands, lots of guides suggesting you do something like spell out "SYS" and "EMU" in folders on each screen or keeping different themes on each one, etc) chances are if you're stupid enough to break an emunand setup you're stupid enough to break an A9LH setup if it were as completely and utterly foolproof as claimed it wouldn't be a big deal to make regular sysnand backups and have Hourglass9 at the touch of a button and will probably be stupid enough to break any future CFW setups that emerge.

Should i just back up my nand from back then and restart? Or can i just downgrade now and have no problems?

what was the last step you did

I finished everything on my o3ds, I just didnt back up my nand to 2.1.0 because i thought it wasnt nessecary. So the backup nand i had put me back to 9.2.0.

I would try to scan QR codes to download games but i cant use the camera since it broke.

I think i may need the ctr nand for my system. By backing up past the 2.1.0ctr transfer i never got it.

Currently thinking of trying out the 9.2.0 sysnand transfer. If i brick i could just back up my nand!

So Explorers of Sky will boot if you remove the physical cart (it doesn't matter what game it is, even if it's a 3DS cart, because it tried accessing the carts save chip) but it is HORRIBLY slow. I know it's supposedly sluggish for everyone but it's taken me about a half-hour to reach the main menu. Is this normal?

well shit, killed the older one but now i can't run hbl anymore, what do.

Booted the console without the sd card, version is 9.2.0-6U

So it's been a month since I installed everything, so I forgot some of the functions. Do I have to update the homebrew apps/hacks often? Do we have to wait for hack updates when Nintendo releases new patches?

Only things that need updating are Freshop and Luma.

Freeshop updates on boot and Luma needs a program called LumaUpdater.cia to be run, maybe use it every month or so?

You don't have to wait for updates to a new firmware if you're on A9LH or EmuNAND.

So it looks like i'm all good then. Thanks.

Why is her screen backwards?

Did Holla Forums get dumber? I understand questions for niche issues or poorly explained guides, but a lot of questions in these threads are just flat out retarded nowadays. I mean shit nigga most of the time we're just paraphrasing guides to people.

Okay, i followed every single step after the 9.2.0 downgrade. I followed directions to a T, twice.

Yet whenever I do section IV 3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax and restore the system my 3ds resets me to 9.2.0. So i just decided to go on with it. I still cant download games off of the freeshop.

There must be another issue. I think its my 3ds, it just cant do it for some reason.

Okay, I decided to give up on freeshop. How exactly do i convert .3ds files to cias? If i do that would i be able to play the games on them? I already downloaded SMT4 as a .3ds file so im figuring thats a yes. But how do i convert it and play it?

I dont know, but id surely give her the penis backwards if she likes it that way too

It's a meme about women on the internet.
I think it was from an actual advertisement for Samsung, they had a female-targetted laptop that had a rotatable screen like that.

Just update from 9.2 through System Settings, you'll keep all your games.
httpctrpwn can be used on 9.2 to play online, I think. Pretty sure it works on 9.2.

Why give up on Freeshop? It just werks.

Decrypt9 has a .3ds to .cia converter on the newer versions, so just install that to your HBL. It runs your console hot and keep it plugged in for SMT as that's a big file, and there's also computer alternatives to use.

I missed a few threads, so I'll shill the Discord I made again.
Join on there to ask stupid questions and post shitty memes. It's just like the thread but it pings people so you may get help faster.

discord.gg/ccecErB
Never expires, so can go in OP.

What do you mean by..

I dont have any games currently, do you mean I will be able to use the freeShop if i do? Also what will happen to my 3ds if i do? Can I keep my o3ds the way it is now and just install .cias?

(checked)
Also how to i use the .3ds to .cia converter?

When you say restore, what do you mean? Are you trying to inject an old NAND? What firmware was that NAND on?
If you're on 9.2 and have A9LH and ARE SURE OF IT, update through system settings to the latest version, then just install Freeshop and FBI.
To install FBI (The CIA installer), use Decrypt9 through the Homebrew Launcher.

I haven't used the Decrypt9 one, but what you do it open up Homebrew Launcher, however you like (mnuhax, soundhax, browserhax etc) and run Decrypt9. It's one of the options, forgot which menu it's under, so just look for it.

You will need the latest version of Decrypt9, so google it, go to the github, grab the latest release and place the .3dsx file into the "3ds" folder.

Any way to use savefiles downloaded for flashcarts, on a 3ds that you hacked with no flashcarts?

Trying to get a europe dual destinies save file, but its 512kb and named 00040000000F1E00.sav
I would guess that 00040000 means EUR and 000F1E00 is the game, but within these folders
Nintendo 3DS\numbersnletters\morenumbersnletters\title\00040000\000f1e00\
are 2 folders 'content' and 'data,' and within data is a 00000001.sav file of 128kb

replacing this crashes the 3ds

I installed the game via freeshop if it helps
just want a save file or cheats if there are, was halfway into the game i legitimately had bought before i hacked my 3ds, just wanna finish it without redoing hours to get to where i was

also NDS > 3DS, better homebrew, larger must have library, way less remakes in its 'must haves,' I almost regret purchasing this n3DS, nothing uses the c-stick super well, it has so many 3d games on a 240p screen, way too many remakes, half the selling point seems to be NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA

Even since buying it i've bought and played about 7 games, none were amazing just great at best, and since getting it, the n3DS, on launch (with moonrunes plate and all) I've played my NDS about twice as much just replaying some short fun games and trying out yet more games I never played. Real disappointed in the 3DS honestly

You can transfer it to sysNAND once A9LH is installed with hourglass9 and with keep A9LH, the guide is also oriented to getting emuserfs to A9LH.

There's a homebrew compatibility list online. Don't expect commercial games to work well yet, for now they can't save.

A miserable pile of half-truths and nonsense.

Somewhere in 3ds.guide there's a thing on how to back up Gateway saves but you'll need to do it with their loader I believe because they're encrypted (faggots).

3DS library sucks but with all its backwards compatibility, homebrew, and much more powerful CPU you'd be nuts to say that. Heck there may soon be DS loading without flash card!

Fuck no im not, im fine where i am now
But thanks for the help i appreciate it
Happy new years fam

Dude, I literally just copied and pasted my files from one SD card to the other, all thanks to A9LH.

I mean i hope my 3ds grows on me, sure
also damn the stylus is worse, how did they fuck it up, on the right and nice and fat it was on the ds lite, now it's below, still easy but not as easy to reach (before, your right hand's finger was right there to take it out, and as you put it in your hand was already back on ABXY buttons) and it's much shorter and thinner again

I have no gateway, and lost my save as i wiped my 3ds before hack

Is there any way to use uploaded save files (which are i think meant for flashcarts) on my sd card for my installed games, or, are there any cheat programs or save file editors for the 3ds, specifically phoenix wright dual destinies (the only game i want a save file for to not grind through what ive already played) ?

Got to run decrypt9 (suppossedly the latest according to the git) but there's no ticket options(which i guess is due to the 9.2 downgrade i did resetting all the games this SD card had to "gifts")

Explain the half-truths and nonsense then, because going to A9LH from emunand the only actual differences as far as safety I noticed were that a nand manager is just a button-hold on boot away and that there's only the one nand to keep track of.

What do you need tickets for?

FBI's latest update can instantly clear any ticket that isn't in use by a program, so that's handy.

It won't, SMT4 is shit and sm3dl is a fucking tech demo for 3d world. Everything about the 3ds is shit beyond Soul Hakers getting an english release and 7th Dragon 3 I guess.

Did you remove traces of the transvestite?

Besides that, I don't think putting it in the OP will give it much exposure. Nobody, not even newcomers read it. It's the key reason why nobody has bothered to give it the overhaul it needs.

Oh, and the mystery dungeon rehashes, that's something.

This isn't the original one, it's fresher, only have like 12 people in it.

No one uses it, so there's no circlejerking and dramafags yet.

Makes me wish I still had my shitty lap top assembled. Now I gotta buy a mic.

Nah, just use text man. Mics would only end in micspam, tbh.

Man I was sad to find out it's a glitchy mess.

Put it this way. I did my mum's system, and the only warning I had to give her was "update Luma3DS before doing a system update" (if that). Not how to install GBA titles to both NANDs, not how to update without doing it to sysNAND by mistake, etc etc. It's pretty hard to kill A9LH so there's that recovery option if she somehow breaks it, without resorting to a hardmod.

just trying to do things according to the guide:

an occasional mic spam is good for the soul
and people seem to really like my deep voice.

So you're talking "idiotproof" and I'm talking "safety advantages" then, but I'll stand by that it's nowhere near as big a hassle as people like to say it is. If I can get a complete moron who can barely understand a .rar file is effectively just a fancy zip file to keep from breaking his setup with about two or three sentences' worth of instructions ("don't update outside of emunand's system settings, install GBA titles to both nands using miniPasta for sys, make backups every so often, ask me for help if you need it") then it certainly isn't rocket-science.

no one willing to help? or at least to tell me if i can close decrypt9 after doing the ticket dump?

"Idiot-proof" and "safety advantages" aren't mutually exclusive, the fact that A9LH+Luma3DS is so robust and doesn't need babysitting makes it perfect for newbies, "educating" how to use emuNAND safely is old hat. The strong recovery mode is also good for power users who might actually need it, it's actually nearly impossible to brick A9LH unless you're fucking around with decrypt9 or godmode9 or something like that.

Tickets are encrypted titlekeys for the eshop games you own. You can close decrypt9 after dumping them but you still need to be in it for the next step anyway.

welp, got to downgrade to 2.1.0, but now kinda stuck with the sd check part, this thing came with a lot of games in is so only about 1 gig was able to be checked, also: after doing the NANDmin dump i can move it to a pc, right?

You dumped the nand to restore it later, so no. You're meant to check the SD card before you start when there's nothing on it. It's more of a precaution than a necessity though. If the card can be read by both the 3DS and your PC without error, it's probably fine and you shouldn't really worry about it.

I wanted to try playing around with windows on new 3ds but can't find any links to a img file for 98/95
Has anyone been able to find one?

You just want the image aka an ISO?
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3eae2f17159d913833ef500ccd8ebcd010fd928c

I think he means a preinstalled image, I seem to recall the process for using win95 with dosbox involving installing it to a partition on an img file. Or something like that. It's been awhile.

I figured a bunch of you guys don't go to GBAtemp or Reddit, so I'll give you a round-up of some recent releases you might want:

Super Mario Maker Online Course Manager (SMMOCM)
github.com/tesnos/SMMOCM/releases/tag/v0.2

Helps you find courses that you actually want to play, instead of the shitty ones Nintendo assumes you want to play.
Hasn't got a dedicated server yet, but sshould be ready to go in a few days.
Has a bunch of neat things in it, like making sure that the uploader has finished the course, so you can't upload unbeatable levels.

Pokemon Sun/Moon NTR Plugin

A new one, as the old one wasn't updated so much.
Adds the following cheats:
Pokémon Spawner (Spawn a wild Pokémon by ID)
Set ID
Set Level
Choose Normal or Alola
EXP Modifiers
Dynamic EXP multiplier adjustable from 0x to 255x
Time Modifiers (Changes time of day in game without affecting 3DS clock)
Increase or decrease in-game time in one-hour intervals
Appearance Modifiers
Change Gender (Open a menu to see change. WARNING: This will reset clothes and hair)
Change Skin Tone (Ride a Pokémon or save and reload)
Battle Modifiers
100% Capture Rate
Wild Pokémon are Shiny (Does not work on Shiny-locked Pokémon)
Stat Stages +6 (Raises all in-battle stat stages to max)
Use Z-Moves without Z-Crystal
Movement Modifiers
Run Faster
No trip animation
Walk through Walls (Hold R to activate)
Pokémon Modifiers
Rename any Pokémon at the Name Rater
Instant Egg available from Nursery (Hold L and speak with NPC)
Instant Hatching (Hatch eggs in one step)
Poké Dollars
Festival Coins
Total Festival Coins
Photo Thumbs Up
Battle Points
All Poké Balls Types
All Items
All Medicine Items
All Berries
All Poké Beans
All TMs
All Clothes
Removal of 24h wait time between Island Scans
100 QR Scan Points
Instant message speed
Access PC from Anywhere (Open Options sub-menu)
Re-match trainers (Hold L and speak to Trainer)
Black outline toggle ON/OFF for player and Pokémon. (Open a menu to see change)
NTR Debugger toggle to allow access from NTR Debugger outside of Festival Plaza (Disables in-game NFC while active)

I decided I might add the download link for the Pokemon Plugin, that might help:
github.com/AnalogMan151/sumoCheatMenu/releases/tag/v0.1.0

FBI 2.4.6
github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases/tag/2.4.6

Adds:
Color tickets based on whether they are in use. Green means in use, red means not in use.
Fix acquisition of service access as a 3DSX.
Fix file operations being messed up when attributes cannot be read.
Fix use-after-free crash in bulk file operations that delete targets.
servefiles: Allow any extension when pointing directly to a single file.
servefiles: Other minor code improvements.

Update FBI to the latest version if you're worried about leftover tickets, it can find and delete them really easily now. Don't need TikSweep if you were using that in the past.

Kecleon Patch for Luma3DS
gbatemp.net/threads/release-kecleon-patch-for-luma3ds.455090/#post-6963475

Hides your LumaCFW and A9LH files so you can go use it in tournaments without judges catching on.
Adds:
Option to save config.bin to CTRNAND. (You can also put arm9loaderhax.bin onto CTRNAND for a 100% clean SD card)
Option to disable region-free/flashcart patches. (This stops someone from putting an out-of-region cart, or banned flashcart in to test for CFW)
Option to ignore all key presses on boot. (Stops someone from detecting CFW via holding start/select on boot)
Option to set hidden Key-Combo to remove the lock above.

You wouldn't need this guys, because no one cheats at Pokemon Tournaments :^)

The Great Ace Attorney English Translation Demo
gbatemp.net/threads/release-demo-the-great-ace-attorney-the-adventure-of-ryuunosuke-naruhodou.455185/

After 20 years of waiting, they've given us half of the first case, translated into English.
See you back in 50 years for case 2 to start.

PKSM 4.0.0
github.com/BernardoGiordano/PKSM/releases

If you use PkHex, PcHex or whatever, change over to this. It's a million times prettier, nicer and faster.

lmao

Back to reddit.

I saw the n3ds cfw guide on 3ds.guide and im pretty confident that i can do it. Is it worth the effort though?

Also if i update to 11.2.0 is that what he means by latest firmware? like said can i still back up my nand just in case if something screws up?

Following the guide is ezpz, unless you're one of the few poors anons who have trouble following numbered steps.

You can't back up your NAND straight away, you'd need to get a little deep into hacking it before that is possible.

11.2 is the latest firmware, and there are hacks available for it to get full CFW (Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH), however the key tool you need to downgrade 11.2 will not be released until the 3rd. If you're on 10.X, though, you can start straight away.

Maybe you need to go fuck off and shitpost in the 4AM general with the rest of the cancer.

I followed the guide completely on my o3ds. I have luma, fbi, homebrew, freeshop, all installed. I cant use the freeshop because im on 9.2.0 most likely

I am still on 9.2.0 because im afraid of messing everything up upon upgrading to 11.2.0.

If I were to update will i be able to keep everything i have and back up back to 9.2.0 if i needed to?

Oh, in that case, yes.

Install Decrypt9, either as a .bin file like you installed luma.bin or arm9loaderhax.bin or download the .3dsx file from here:
github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases (It's in the zip)
Place the .3dsx file into the folder called "3ds", and run the Homebrew Launcher.
Install this github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases
to easily access the homebrew launcher from your home menu.

Those instructions are a bit over the place, but if you paid attention while hacking your 3DS, you should get what I mean. If not, tell me where I skipped over.

guide is ok
the fact that you have to gather the prep material as you go through the guide bogs it down

That's how you mess someething up.

user, all i want to know is if it is safe to update to 11.2.0 on my cfw 9.2.0 3ds.

If the guide told you to update update it's safe when the guide tells you to.

Okay, let me see if I got this right because it's been awhile since the PSP and that was last time I homebrewed and CFWed anything.

1.) I need to get Homebrew on my o3DS XL v9.9. I'm leaning towards soundHAX, but I'm seeing some people have a problem with it so I'll look up menuHAX later on someother HAX.

2.) Next I would need to get CFW and this is the part where it's gets confusing for me.

From the looks of it, there are also a number of choices such as Luma, emuNAND, and A9LH. Personally, I'm leaning towards Luma because that's what seems popular Is it?.

3.) And this is the part where I'm totally lost, is that I need some FBI software for the 3DS so that my 3DS can install .CIA files???

4.) And lastly, I can get free games through either finding ROMS or downloading them from the freeshop.

Am I getting his right?

Luma is an entrypoint and patch set for 3DS firmware. You can setup Luma for Emunand or via A9LH to Sysnand.

Emunand = running a 3DS firmware off of your SD card. This was the original homebrew method for installing .cia programs
Sysnand = the actual, embedded firmware inside your 3DS

In the old days when people still used emunand, they needed sysnand to stay in tact, because updating sysnand would remove your homebrew entrypoint and you'd be fucked
Today people use A9LH, which patches sysnand, completely removing the need for emunand, it also patches the firmware for native ARM9 binary access without hack-ery code so its more elegant. With A9LH you will never have to worry about Nintendo removing your hax with an update, you can update all you want and never have to worry. You also get recovery functions so its also brick-proof

Holy fuck, the phoenix wright games even went into the past? I only finished the very first ace attourney game a few minutes ago, jesus christ.

I couldn't even get DOSBox-libretro to load a game on 3DS. MAME runs like shit anyway so it probably isn't worth bothering. Shame, I'd have liked to have portable Raptor and Duke Nukem 2.

There was the first trilogy, then two games were you play as Miles (never brought to the west, needs fan translations), Apollo Justice,, which continues the main trilogy but Phoenix isn't as important, then a Phoenix X Professor Layton game, then Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice, which further the Phoenix story, then the one set in the past.
It's called The Great Ace Attorney, but will likely never see localisation, nor will the sequel. Capcom made all of the localisations as Westernised as possible, so something set in Feudal Japan will never be West enough.

Are the fan translations for the Edgesworth games complete at least?

Number two: gbatemp.net/threads/ace-attorney-investigation-2-prosecutors-path-final-release.367451/

I lied, I thought the first one was a fan translation, but apparently it was actually released in the West.

That number 2 translation is actually really complete, only Japanese left in the game is a single song.

Excellent. I also assume the correct way to play the games is in release order?

Yup.

They can't set it in feudal England? It's about as clunky as setting the others in modern California.

Woah now, son.
Hold the goddamn horse.
That's fucking crazy talk, you can't make a game set in the UK and sell it in the US.
You're fucking insane, kiddo, take your fucking meds.

Report him to the police before he gets any more funny ideS

It's maybe try 50 on disabling the FS module with nimsm, I hate to be a shit, but do I keep going or give up, or have I possibly done something wrong?

any hope for 11.2 yet?

Yes. They just found an exploit.

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5llxmx/safefirmlaunchhax_unimplemented_arm9_exploit_on/

Friend did waithax on 11.1 n3ds and booted up four swords, but dgtool won't launch. Any help?

Go back on the directions and see if you did anything wrong. Follow them EXACTLY.

Other than that i'm waiting to cfw my n3ds soon with fasthax so i got nothing else to say.

Welp, 11.2 just became the new 9.2

Already that was fast.

Don't even need any DSi games anymore, you can just soundhax -> fast hax -> safehax -> downgrade to 2.1 -> a9lh -> piracy

Fasthax is finished?

Since Paliect is a fucking nigger, his guide still says you need an NFIRM downgrade for 11.2.

This is not the case, simply go to the guide and follow instructions for an 11.0 or 11.1 downgrade, the tools will still work on 11.2.

I thought Waithax didn't work anymore.

Re-asking, any Diablo-like games for 3DS?

It doesn't. fasthax is in latest though and is superior in every way to slowhax aka waithax.

Instead of bitching here, report it as a bug. But, don't expect the documentation to change overnight either. sighax and everything new needs testing for reliability.

not him but there is no option for fasthax in the guide, user

Good, because fasthax isn't out until tomorrow. Also it's the fasthax beta that's coming out. You niggers need to calm the fuck down and wait a day or two.

Mate, fasthax was only presented a week ago, the actual implementations are even newer. They're way too new and untested to put into a guide aimed at newbies.

Oh, I thought that there was some big announcement that I missed. I was actually getting excited, too.

(checked)
No, it's just newbs freaking about about soundhax and sighax and fasthax and whateverhax all at the same time. Fucking idiots. Some reddit fags are already bricking their machines because they can't wait for the hax to be properly tested.

Just wait a week or two. Most of the bugs will be ironed out by then. And don't update.

soundhax is dope

The closest you'll likely get is Heroes of Ruin. It's not that great of a game though.

Any updates to unbanning 3ds's? I vaguely recall there was an option in either luma or reinand that was being tested which would allow 3ds's to connect to connect to online services.

For now the only way is sacrificing an existing 3DS. It's potentially the one thing they got correct.

Maybe it'll be good enough. I appreciate having something to try in any case.

The guide is updated to use SafeHax AKA ARM9 exploit in 11.2. You do not need to use FastHax for this, SlowHax works just fine.
SafeHax works and is safe, but FastHax Alpha/Beta is still a few days off.

That Luma option was to not send any indentifying information when you go online.
Since you're the only console sending no info, you stand out even more.
Doesn't work.

You need fasthax on 11.2 or you're stuck with all the NFIRM downgrading bullshit. Also fasthax doesn't take 20-60 minutes to do its work unlike slowhax, so it will be a massive improvement. When sighax comes out hopefully it'll skip all the downgrading requirements!

Wew lad, you clearly weren't here back in January/February when this shit took hours.

Nope, not at all. You will still need ARM9 control to write to FIRM0/1.
That's on top of SigHax taking God knows how long to be bruteforced and implemented, and on top of that, even longer for some autist to actually write their own firmware.

I chose not to subject myself to an 11.x system and all its old setup nonsense. The worst I've done is older A9LH setups with emuNAND downgrading.

Yeah but if you don't need the OTP you don't need a 2.1.0 downgrade, and with a new ARM9 exploit you don't need to go to 9.2.

Yeah that's gonna take time, but actually have they figured out what was wrong with OTP-less A9LH?

Come on user, at least read a little bit before you make assumptions.

SigHax does NOT do any fucking thing except give you the ability to "update" to custom FW AFTER you are on A9LH.
You will still need OTP for O3DS and N3DS still are told to use 2.1.0 downgrades, as OTP-less is still bricking. Just because you can skip the 9.2 downgrade DOES NOT mean you can skip the 2.1.0 downgrade.

All SafeHax does it let's you go from 11.2 to 2.1.0 to A9LH.

Everyone's talking about 11.2, but does that mean 11.1 and 11.0 too, or do we now know yet? I'm not about to update or anything before more info comes out, but I'm curious if it's specific to the latest update.

Whatever works on 11.2 will probably work on 11.1 and 11.0 unless stated otherwise by the developer.

Yes, FastHax and SlowHax work on 11.1 and 11.2. The Paliect guide is already updated for 11.1/2 to use SoundHax and SlowHax.
The new thing we've got called SafeHax, which allows for ARM9 exploits on 11.2 also works on 11.1/2.

Nice, thanks.

You won't need A9LH to install sighax, it'll just make it easy to do. I'm not at all sure what the OTP is used for in an A9LH install, or if sighax requires it too, but yeah if it's needed then 2.1.0 is still required (sadly).

i knew i made the right choice of getting rid of my wii u

Seems like safehax is out and 11.0 and 11.1 are now doable without DSi games and without downgrading to 9.2:

Also people are already reporting that 11.2 is doable as well:
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5lsfar/112_downgrade_success_with_combined_safehaxfasthax/

Got into Decrypt9 and really on the fence. Really want to get Luma on my N3DS next to my O3DS but it feels kind of dangerous.

Is it supposed to be less stable on N3DS? I haven't read up that much on it.

There is one part you can get a 100% brick on N3DS, and that is when you close the lid of the N3DS when it is turned on and on firmware 2.1.

Oh right. But it should be fine, you just need to follow the steps, keep the charger plugged in, and try to do it all in one session. You shouldn't need to close the lid at any point, and there doesn't seem to be any other major warnings like that.

Anything good supposed to be coming out on the 3DS still, or has Ninty abandoned ship?

Ninty plans to keep making shit for the 3ds until 2018, and it still has plenty of good shit on it that you haven't tried.

Noice

No kidding, I just got CFW about a week ago after not touching my 3DS for over a year and a half.

I did it.
Worked, PAL N3DSXL 11.2
Went with steelhax, since it took less time to get it working and was a little more stable than soundhax.

I ran slowhax or waithax or whatever it's called on my N3DS, now I tried running safehax, but it's just a black screen. Should I just restart the console and try again?

What is your firmware?
What entrypoint are you using (soundhax, steelhax)?
Did you put all payload inside the right folder?

I'm on 11.1 and I'm using soundhax. I double-checked, Decrypt9WIP is on the root of the SD card as arm9.bin. I restarted, and now waithax is using Old3DS speed instead of N3DS.

Why are you using waithax though?
Use safehax.
And no, this isn't 100% tested, but this is the method I used.

gbatemp.net/threads/safehax-11-1-2-downgrade-without-dsiware.455456/page-14#post-6973769

I am planning on buying a micro sd card for my n3ds to homebrew soon.

How do you use safehax? Is it faster? Is there any tutorials on how to use it and not brick? I am not willing to take any risks user.

I might as well just use the 3ds.guide tutorial if i have to. My n3ds is on 11.1.0.

I'm following the guide. 3ds.guide/decrypt9-(homebrew-launcher) Waithax is an ARM11 kernel-mode exploit while safehax is an ARM9 exploit. ARM11 kernel-mode execution is required for safehax. See 3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_System_Flaws (search "safefirmhax" on the page).

It's okay for Waithax to be paused on "setting up fake vtable method", right?

Sorry, copied from >reddit, but:

SHORT GUIDE TO USE THIS METHOD

1) Install SoundHax/ another entrypoint (Steelhax, Ninjahax, OoTHax, BaseHax etc.)

How to install soundhax: 3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)

NOTE Some users report that SoundHax causes black screens. Use another entrypoint if you have one!

2) Extract the modified SafeHax folder from SafeHax.zip (linked below) into the 3ds folder on your SD card.

3) Download the latest version of Decrypt9WIP from here:

github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20161113

4) Extract Decrypt9WIP.bin and rename it to arm9.bin

5) Place arm9.bin onto the root of the SD card

6) Launch Homebrew Launcher using your entrypoint of choice

7) Run SafeHax

With some luck you should boot into Decrypt9. From there follow the remainder of Plaicet's guide here:

It was really quick, I was done in about 30 minutes. Installing all kinds of shit now.

For anyone else using soundhax who keeps getting a black screen while running this, try inserting any cartridge. It might be coincidence, but I tried it at least 20 times and it blackscreened every time, but then I inserted smash and it worked twice in a row.

my 2ds was downgraded to 2.1 u now its screen is zoomed in iam i screwed?

No, that's normal. 2DS wasn't even designed when 2.1.0 was current firmware.

what can i do?

Proceed as normal? Only thing fucked up is your screen, install A9LH and restore your sysnand backup like the guide tells you and you're golden. Your screen will be normal again when you get back to a newer firmware.

i forgot to backup

should i update back to 11.2 then re downgrade?
with the sysnand back up?

I have no idea if you even can upgrade from 2.1.0 system settings, but if you ignored the parts of the guide that told you to back your shit up that might be your only option. Install A9LH and then try updating.

ok thank you very much user

SafeAL9HInstaller is asking for payload_stage_1.bin but the guide doesn't seem to reference such a file. Where do I get it?

Did you completely ignore the prep stage?

I don't see a file even resembling what I need here.

my 3ds is on 11.0.0-4u and there is now homebrew otherapp for it and it cant update what do

Oh my god, I'm retarded. Forget you saw this.

*no

RIP IN PIP FREESHOP
^piracy essentials gracefully relinked by Anonymous higher in the thread

Anyone try Smash Bros. modding yet?
It used to be complicated as fuck because you needed to patch your own code.bin with saltySD OR patch an entire rom with Hans

If you have Luma its stupid easy though, just enable "region/language emu" in the Luma config menu, then put a pre-patched code.bin in SD:/luma/code_sections and rename it so it reads "titleID.bin" where "titleID" is Smash' title ID (look it up on 3DSdb), then put mods in the SD:/saltysd/smash folder

For reference, you can use translation patches this way, right?

friend is installing a9lh, and allegedly the installer told him something along the lines of the nfirm missing or wrong size? what can he do about that

Yes, in fact, translation patches was the original purpose for this feature

FUCK, I was going to make a new thread but this one isn't on page 13 yet

It's because I love you torrentless faggots.

He's missing a file from the SD card. Go back to the top of the thread and check all the files are downloaded, on teh SD and in the right spot.

Do it anyways, Mods won't care.

Can i use a copy of Oot i downloaded from a .cia file? Or do i have to buy a copy?

Wait. I guess i have to have it on my n3ds.

Nevermind!

I'm trying to unban my 3ds using method from from gbatemp.net/threads/all-3-methods-to-get-unbanned-from-recent-ban-wave.450679/

On step 2 it says, "2)Then place the friend code seed B in the files 9 folder on the root of your sd card (Create it if you don't have it)" Now i want to be 100% certain that the folder i create is called "files 9"

There was a method to dump your cartridge data into a cia so you won't need the cartridge anymore. How to do that again?

gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/

When I said gamecart data, I meant the full game into a cia which is an option I just found in hourglass9.

hourglass9.

Ahh i see, well glad ya still found what you were looking for.

I just want to have option to put own wallpapers without hacks, fuck you nintendo

Sorry, no degeneracy for you unless you man up and hack it. Thankfully for you it's gonna get easier!

Somebody needs to update the OP now that you can use soundhax to downgrade any 3ds from 11.2 without backup 3ds, without non-browserhax entrypoints, without wiiware titles straight into decrypt9. This has been the easiest anyone can hack their 3DS in years now.

Hopefully OP is still reading this thread in preparation for the new one.

I'll probably update it after the next thread

You stupid shit update it now this is the point where it's never been easier to downgrade.

And the thread's not far off from being replaced you ungrateful fucker, have a little patience.

HOW?

This is so exciting!

Shit, do I really need a cartridge for decrypt9 to work on 11.0.2?

I don't have a cartridge. No 3DS or DS or flashcart.

Soundhax works fine for me on its own without a cartridge loaded, but I haven't tried it with this new hack.

Does my S.D. card need any cleaning in preparation for this? How much space is needed to accomplish these steps?

Yeah, soundhax works fine for me, but when I start safehax from it, it hits a black screen and stays there.

I'm bummed. Maybe I can try it until it works?

Shit. I picked a bad time to sell my copy of Cubic Ninja.