Daily reminder that we will never play Fallout 3

Daily reminder that we will never play Fallout 3.

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Van_Buren_tech_demo
facebook.com/f3vanburen/
moddb.com/games/f3-van-buren
indiedb.com/games/f3-van-buren
nma-fallout.com/threads/remaking-van-buren.186605/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Van Buren sucked donkey dick.

don't remind me.

Will we ever get to flay Todd Howard alive though?

no because the real Todd is dead.

We did.

I enjoyed Fallout 3, despite its flaws.
It was my first open world game.

Van Buren looked like a steaming pile of dogshit, and would have sold like trash.

Did you at least play other better open world games after?

What are you talking about?

I'm playing Bethseda's masterpiece, Fallout 3! Don't forget the best sequel to follow that game Fallout 4, I'm not a huge fan of that weird spinoff New Vegas like its does not feel like a wasteland, why is there so much stuff between areas but damn Fallout 3 has to be the best fallout game! I mean it's my first one since it's not too old and doesn't have pixelated graphics, but this game is truly a test of time.

What a fucking retard

Yes minecraft :^)

Define better. I played new vegas on console day one and it was so full of bugs i cant play it anymore without being disgusted.

are you trying to say Minecraft is a bad open world game or something? if anything it's the only good one.

I mean, that's not really wrong.
Which is what makes that statement so disappointing.

i enjoy the fallout 3 game that was released more than i could possibly enjoy another isometric game, sorry for those who were fans of that though. that said most people probably feel the same, as you would see by all discussion for earlier games dying in 10 posts unless they bait by saying objectively better games like 3+ are worse. what they did with fallout 3 was amazing, the art design was great and was a true translation of many things in full 3d. the combat while not perfect worked very well, which you cannot tell me the awful 'tactical' combat of earlier games was better. sure maybe dialog took a hit, main quest full of holes and whatever other cherry picking, just don't pretend you were upset about random dialog output when the earlier games were supposed to be based on rng. and not even that but just the general world, every single block of land was actually unique and not just cities and shitty dungeons. fallout 3 had more interesting content and locations than the first and second games combined

How omega can you get?

Autism, you mean autistic

Is Fallout Tactics cannon?

What's with all the negativity lately? Feels like we're being raided Did cuckchan go down again?

I'm pretty sure no, but given what the hacks at Bethesda have done, what does canon even mean?

No, it isn't, Brudderhood of Steal don't like em degenerate muties joining their club.

Van Buren is garbage

Fallout 3/4 are fanfiction. They weren't made by the original game's creators- it's as simple as that. If I wrote a book and some retard wrote fanfics of it which then sold as well or better as my book, it still wouldn't be canon to my story no matter how much more popular it was.

That's not open world, that's sandbox.

Perhaps try something other than the Fallout series for starters.

Actually read up on Van Buren. It might have been better than fallout 3 by shitesda but even on the concept alone it sounds awful

Looks like shit
good thing Bethesda took over when it did

You've played new vegas and liked it, stop pretending you didn't like 3 to get your brownie points you meme-compliant beta.

Alright, I've personally never played it (unless we really want to count New Vegas) but it's a tech demo that was meant to show off ideas more then what the finished game was going to be. I'm more bitching about how people who hate fun that isn't to their spesific taste always show up now a days.

Speaking of, if anyone wants to give it a shot it's right here
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Van_Buren_tech_demo
And the laziery can find their way back to the page about it to read more hopefully.

They're not even that good of fan fiction. Hell I'm pretty sure ponyfags made something better using fallout as a setting. Anyways ignoring Beth for a second Tactics isn't cannon among 1 and 2.

Good start
And that's where you fucked up. I'm not saying it's a perfect game for stability, hell you practically need a week long correspondence course to mod it into a working state. But you're basically wrote it off because you decided to try and play it by shoving the controller up your ass. Have you tried anything else?

College is out, people are bored and shitposting.

…but we did? Fallout 3 wasn't that bad, like yeah it had issues but doesn't everry game? The time has come to be reasonable guys.

good

Winter break + several online leftist groups are super fucking ass mad about the election still, and are shitting up all of the chans as retaliation. It's happening here and at my personal two bunker chans.

Can you name them or will they reeeeeeeeee in anger at being named?

lebbitors, goons, freech faggots, Holla Forums & Holla Forums to name a few.

Like? I tried Oblivion but I couldn't get into it. Somehow I got so disinterested in the story and gameplay that i just dropped it.
Skyrim was objectively a massive waste of my time and I barely remember anything about my single playthrough. But, I did spend a lot of time on it.

this. if you played new vegas first, it might not be everything youve come to enjoy from new vegas, but you will still be able to find it very enjoyable as they are much of the same

4/10

you got me

Seriously, fucking summer in December? At least I understand CTR faggots kicking around shitting up the place but bored fuckheads too?

Maybe something that isn't Bethshit?
Try Deus Ex (old or new, though I'd lean new for you), Neverwinter Nights, Kotor, The Spirit Engine 2, Soul Calibur 3 Chronicle of the Sword game mode, ChoroQ, seriously anything not Bethesda related (except maybe Morrowind but it's not as easy to get into as you may like). That should be a wide enough spread of RPG's that you'll find something Even if it's the fact you're a casual and can only have shit taste

I think 3 does get a bit too much hate. It's not completely without fault and you really shouldn't put more thought into what you want to put your points into. It seriously doesn't help that NV does blow it out completely. Despite what you say, it'd hard to go back due to some gameplay changes like weapon mods and ammo types Not to mention GFWL and poor optimization keep 3 relegated to distant memories. And if, gun to head, I had to play 3 or 4 Vanilla I'd go with 3. And at the VERY LEAST it opened up the way for NV to get made

I disagree. Fallout NV does dominate it in terms of gameplay and writing, but the one place where Fallout 3 excels is it's world. People who dislike the game will try to diminish this with "muh amusement park" But Fallout 3 had a very detailed, well built world that compelled you to explore it. Dozens of interesting areas with worthwhile loot and a backstory to go with them. Fallout NV just didn't have this, though it could possibly be attributed to them having to rush the game out. Fallout NV just feels too empty. Settlements have barely anyone living in them, many locations have almost nothing to them. No loot, little to no backstory or inhabitants (hostile or otherwise) and some locations consist entirely of boarded up buildings or rock formations.

Kill yourself.

You can thank gamebryo for that.
Of the locations that obsidian didn't decide to just put a wooden board over the entrance and call it a day are actually well done, i.e. connected to story or has a quest or just a fun dungeon. The lack of interesting locations can also be attributed to the fact that about only 1/2 of the map accessible in the vanilla game.
pic related, red is unplayable area

it looked like shit anyway

Whats in the red areas?

But I did play it. It wasn't very good, but at least it turned out much better than the beta version in your pic. That would have been a REAL train wreck.

Is it opposite day today?

seems like the appropriate thread to request the .pdf of an user summarizing why Fallout 3 is a bad Fallout game.

Good

This one?

I used to say that, but then I went back and tried to play it again and realized how fucking boring it is. I remembered it being much better than it really was when I was younger. That doesn't change the fact that Fallout 1 and 2 were both awful as well. Even worse than 3, honestly. NV is the only good Fallout RPG, minus the expnasions which were all awful. 4 is alright if you stop trying to play it as an RPG and instead just play it as a mindless FPS and stay in power armor the entire game while using a Warhammer mod.

If you didn't like Fallout 1 then there is something legitimately wrong with you. That or I guess you just don't like RPGs.

Jesus Christ, what an objectively fucking terrible opinion.

This?

yep. that's the one. Thanks

starcraft ghost

But we did…

One of my GOTY, I really liked Underrail. The DLC seems nice enough even though I hoped to finally get to North Underrail.

The Deep Caverns were one of the weak points though.

Fuck off furfaggots

That's a good read, I wonder how this guy reacted to the Pre-War Jet fiasco. Seriously, Bethesda can just go fuck themselves.

?

>>>/tumblr/

Nothing because Bethesda jumped the time they had to finish the game up and they didn't have time to even get one of the main faction's half of the game done.

This joke isn't funny anymore
Fuck off

He's mistaking Underrail for Undertale on purpose. It's a reddit thing.

Fallout 1 is absolute garbage, user. 2 is at least marginally better, but is still an awful game overall. The only good isometric RPG I've played was UnderRail.

Oh.

Alphas trty to be the leader, Betas want to be the leader, Gammas just want to get shit done. Deltas and Omegas despite everyone above them and want to tear them down

SJWs are the Deltas and Omegas

>Tfw no decent Diablo-style Fallout ARPG

It'd be the best of both worlds, and the most logical modern adaptation of the original games.

There were so many continuity errors in Fallout 4. It is obvious it was just a no-effort cashgrab by Bethesda. There are more people still playing fucking Skyrim than Fallout 4.

That's because the writing in skyrim is at least serviceable and the civil war is interesting. In fallout 4 you just don't really give a shit about anything since it's so badly written and all the characters are awful. Fallout 4 needed an ending like fallout 3 where you just fucking kill everyone.

reminder good things never last

One could chalk that up to mods.

I miss when you'd go all the way with the "FUCK OFF TUMBLERTALE" shitpost. It's like you don't even care any more.

Fuck off. I would think you would know better than to cry wolf, seeing as how it backfired epically for SJWs.

I played Fallout 3 before I played the first ones and remember having fun with it, with the exception of a few annoying glitches. I once accidentally trapped myself behind a couple of stones and a gate and of course no save for hours. I had to empty my entire inventory under me just so I could make a heap of junk which I could scale to get over the gate. Graphics looked like ass even for it's time, movement was wonky and gunplay sucked, but it was serviceable.

Then I got myself the first games and what a world of difference it was. Indeed, everything from thematic tone to gameplay was totally different, and I ended up liking the first ones more. Then NV rolls around and it felt like the true succesor to the first few games. The transition from Fo1 and 2 into NV was flawless in theme, story and RPG elements, unlike 3's jarring transition. 3 fucked the FO universe so hard it honestly feels like a spin-off. If you have to play it, view it as non-canon to the rest of the series and you'll save yourself a lot of grief.

ooh, now tell us what you think of 4

He didn't say it was good, just that he enjoyed it, which is reasonable if you had no other reference at the time.

So you admit there is something legitimately wrong with you then? Also it sounds like you haven't played a lot of isometric RPGs. You know there are things other than post apocalyptic fiction out there.

It never came out turbo faggot.
That demo you can find online is nowhere close to what the design documents describe

Don't defend your fellow underage fags redditor.

I admit I have standards instead of shoveling shit down my throat mindlessly. Games like Fallout are inherently awful in every way. It was a miracle that UnderRail managed to be at all decent in any way.

Doesn't the first Borderlands count as that?

It's pretty funny that for all the shit they stole from NV they didn't include an Independent option. But then again they gave us the Brotherhood, Minutemen, Railroad, and Institute so they clearly didn't have room for any other options ;^)

If you're craving more there's also Tactics, but be sure to use the Equilibrium or Redux mod. It's basically Fallout meets a simplified Jagged Alliance. Has the best turn based combat of the whole franchise.

Boy, I sure liked how the settlement system was unavoidably tied to one of the main quest factions.

And least we forget completely worthless and shit for anything that isn't taking a picture. As it doesn't matter what you do, somehow some NAVY Seal Team 6 level Raider Group is going to descend upon your settlements and whisk away some asshole. And then some other asshole is going to ring you up and tell you to go fetch them. And building shit is really just padding as it forces you to pick up shit that wouldn't even be vendor trash just so you can make a place pretty. Which is also tied to upgrading your guns (which never offers more depth then "Did you spec into single fire or automatic weapons", and "how heavy do you want your gun"?). Then there's the fact that despite being the General of the entire thing are forced to go do the bitch work. There's also 30 of the damn bastards that you have to convince.

And the Nuka-world DLC which is all about being a King Bastard of All Raiders has you either scaring or forcing people to leave but still needing to build shit for them. And you have to take shit from subordinates just because you decided not to give them more land, when I should be free as a bird to Commiserate any uppity fuck I see fit to blam. I was mostly enjoying the DLC part until it brought the settlement shit in again Oswald was too good for this game

Bad ideas

Daily reminder that every Fallout is fucking garbage and you're not a special snowflake for liking the click-to-move shitheaps over the FPSs.

Officially no, but Bethesda has integrated almost everything from it into 3 and 4, like the Brotherhood flying around on blimps or accepthing every other nigger they happened to find.

This. New Vegas had just about everything that was going into Van Buren.

So by extension Fallout 3 and 4 are not canon? Excellent.

This must be a paste or something.

Yeah, like turn-based combat, unfucked SPECIAL, not fps combat and not oblivion as its core.
Oh wait.

Minecraft is the stabilizer. The purpose of the minecraft psyop is to AstroTurf the comprehension and spatial perception of the player. You are a black person in a block world pov. You begin to see things as cubits of proportion. Your memory is spacial. Ask Cicero. Minecraft is used to neuter the creative potential in humans. This is by reducing the perspective to primitive blocks.data-grams that correspond to the cookie cutter cosmology of popular culture.
it is supposed to be like a humble geeky escape. The real social manipulation is being utilized with mandatory memetics. Minecraft is a psyop only if it is a social hierarchy. the leaders of the minecraft thought-form are abstractions. They keep their followers chasing their carrot of lolsorandumb funny abstract videos that is the opposite effect of adapting to the game itself. You are not suppose to understand this though you do naturally. MInecraft is Masonic boyfucking blotting out of creativity.

Van buren was going to be real time.

WRONG: We never get to go to Jericho aka Salt Lake City. It was only talked about in the one DLC. If Obsidian could plan right and overspend and take too long we could probably play the other half of the map.

Though apparently still alive, the project to complete Van Buren in the Fallout Online engine using an augmented mix of F1/2/Tactics assets and 2D shots of rips from the leaked VB techdemo is, sadly, progressing rather slowly:
facebook.com/f3vanburen/
moddb.com/games/f3-van-buren
indiedb.com/games/f3-van-buren
nma-fallout.com/threads/remaking-van-buren.186605/

I hope it picks up steam eventually, though.

NV was actually more of a sequel to VB, still better than nothing.

Don't forget Age of Decadence! It's basically the official Codexian Fallout ripoff.

Sorta, real time with pause.

ur mum wuz gonna b real time m8

You got Gamma and Delta backwards, user.
Delta is the everyman, that is why they are represented by a triangle (the delta) - stable and not really otherwise impressive.

Sage because off topic reply to a 13 hour old post.

Played the demo didn't like it.
Also, about the Van Buren fan revival.

Todd Howard did nothing wrong it was all Pete Hines

Better late than never, r-r-right?

At least we got to read through the extensive docs for VB, tinker with its techdemo, play NV, and maybe get fan projects like this. As opposed to games like Torn, where all we have is (pretty extensive) preview coverage. Or worse yet, The Black Hound (BGIII), which has supposedly been 99% finished in terms of planning/concept art/characters/levels/items/dialog/mechanics even before the abandoned attempt years later by Sawyer to resurrect it as a NWN2 mod in his spare time.

Holy fuck man just kill yourself already with you shit ass taste

You do realize that the J.E.W sawyer is a gigantic fucking sjw faggot right?

The game is an unfinished buggy overglorified fucking mod, that only get's praise because of its voice actors. Fallout 3 is still a better game than this pile of absolute dogshit.

It's really good.

Daily reminder fallout was irrelevant shit nobody played before Bethesda bought the rights and made it both decent and popular. Deal with it. :^)

Shit I feel bad for you.

Daily reminder that we will never play diablo 3.

Pretty sure Holla Forums didn't want a Shillary win anyway. I doubt they're all that butthurt.

Or are you one of those faggots who doesn't actually read opposing opinions and just assumes they're all standard libtards?

I guess we can't all be >70 IQ. My condolences to your parents.

Both, a planned thing was also a first person mode.

Holla Forums wanted a Trump win because fuck Erdogan, fuck liberals, fuck bourgeois feminism, fuck wall street, fuck a lot of things

of course Trump turned his back on everything good about him so nothing really matters in the long run, but yeah

Holla Forums sooo butthurt, lmao

Reminder that Holla Forums dislikes the right as an ideological opponents, but hates liberals with a loathing reserved for traitors

Literally the only VA in FNV I remember is horse woman, and even that's only because she's the renowned horse woman.

Well fuck, I had forgot about them. Now western games are so pozzed we wouldn't even get the real thing anyway.

Sad times we live in.

But you have Fallout 4. That's almost as good… right?

It's good though

the delusion that PC games are better than console games is the saddest one around

wrong.jpg
You people aren't even trying.

You can leave, now, and take the dick you rode in on with you.

You know, even if "Fallout" 4 were modded/originally designed to play similarly to an actual Fallout game, Beth's writing and design is still an utter embarrassment. The only thing you'd be able to salvage are the audiovisual assets. The maps, RPG system, and scenario would all still have to be thrown in the trash.

Also, STASIS is more like a point & click adventure game than an RPG.

Wasteland 2 was mediocre at worst, and made by former AAA devs. Miracles could still happen.

Console games ported to PC don't have to get worse, PC games ported to console are inherently degenerate.

This raises one of the strangest points about post-Xbox Bethesda, and especially Fallout 3/NV/4: A turn-based/RTwP, isometric, hex-based game would actually play pretty nicely on consoles, and be easier to scale down to handhelds/cellphones for an even wider audience. By contrast, FPSs inherently play like absolute dogshit with gamepads. What drove Beth's compulsion to rape?

what do you mean you people

You filthy casual consolefags.

They don't know how to make anything else than oblibion with guns.

Literally who?

The biggest fault of pcfags is tolerating the shitty practises and no standards of consolefags. If instead of tolerating their degeneracy they came up with the final solution to the consolefag question the world would be a better place by now.

Are those two somehow mutually exclusive?

That's what Steam Machines were supposed to be, except Valve completely fucked that up with tiny numbers of overpriced rigs in needlessly tiny cases targeted way higher than consoles, instead of calling on all the unholy powers of Chinese Android shitphone factories to drown consoles in a tsunami of mass-produced toasters.