Games with Good Graphics that aren't shit thread

Games with Good Graphics that aren't shit thread

What are some newer titles that I can test this card on proper? Don't want to mod skyrim again, and would prefer something with a single player campaign.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.metaclassofnil.com/?page_id=582
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Forza Horizon 3. Hope you have Windows10

I do not

Sony
ALWAYS
wins.

EDF 4.1 won't have good graphix, but having those huge explosions and building destruction going on without fps drops feels good

Then basically nothing that was actually fun. I guess you could play Witcher 3? I dunno, I skip out on "modern" games despite having good graphics cards because I have shit internet. Instead I just emulate PS2 and GC titles at a higher resolution. Gotcha Force looks great at 1080p, same with Valkyrie Profile 2.

screenshot pls

They're titular, user.

Horizon 3's port is garbage anyway.
Get Dirt Rally. It looks fantastic and runs like a dream.

You made a bad purchase

I was looking at getting the 6GB 1060, is the AMD 480 the better way to go? I don't play many new games anyways but it bothers me my laptop has a better GPU than my deaktop

You fucking wish user.

Long term probably, short term less so, if you care at all about PS2 emulation the 1060 is still the better choice anyway.
You should've went with a 1070 though, you could find some of those for like 350 bucks right before christmas and at that price they're well worth it.

Forza horizon 3 runs like shit on any hardware though, good luck getting more than 30fps on minimum settings unless you brute force it with an overclocked titan pascal and the newest intel-aviv extreme edition,
It's also a shit game, it's need for speed 2015 with a serviceable handling model

Sonic '06

jk rayman origins

Run older games with supersampling and try some demoscene stuff.

(checked)

My previous card was a gtx650 and I just wanted to upgrade with the fewest headaches. 150 was my original price limit so a 1070 was out of range for me.

I don't know what either of those are. I find myself pining for the days when there was a just a simple benchmarky fps or something for every gen of card, though I suppose that's where W3 and Titanfall 2 come in.

Onechabara Z2
Shadow Warrior 2
Witcher 3
Deus Ex MD

Mah nigga.
Gotta love how much supersampling improves picture quality, it's just so beautiful to have aliasing completely removed

This is more or less right. The 480 is already generally better in the cases that matter (games that perform close to 60 when maxed out within reasonable resolution). The 1060 is only worth it for OpenGL programs/games.

Hitman 2016. It's a real sequel to blood money. Only downside is that gunplay has suffered in favor of better melee and gadgets.

Witcher 3, Crysis series, Arkham Knight, NuDoom, Cawadoody in Space.

How's Shadow Warrior shaped up? I saw some early gameplay but I heard it was a bit unbalanced at release.

Ah yes, I forgot about that one. What price is it worth?

Are there new crysis games or are these the same ones from years ago?

Downsampling/supersampling means internally rendering the game at a much higher resolution than your actual display resolution, basically MSAA on steroids except it improves the visual quality of everything and not just edges. Nvidia and AMD have built-in support for it in their drivers and there's also tools like blog.metaclassofnil.com/?page_id=582 that give you fine-grained control. Very performance intensive compared to traditional anti-aliasing but gives a massive boost in visual quality if your rig can handle it.
Demoscene is basically vid related: weird eurofags packing as much neat shit as they can into tiny executables and often discovering new rendering/programming techniques years ahead of mainstream game developers.

All three will still murder your GPU (and CPU for 1 because of the shitty physics engine)

Holy fuck, this thread is fucking awful.

Does dolphin have that built in, upscaling? A smooth Skies of Arcadia would be neat.

Are the actual game parts of those any fun? I own them but have never installed them.

Where are yours? You surely have something better in mind.

pc gaming seems to make more use of the cpu rather than gpu, games like dwarf fortress, total war rome 2, and planetside 2. i cant really think of any gpu heavy games aside from maybe the new deus ex, doom 4, and witcher 3

Dorf Fortress

didnt mean to quote

Speaking of upgrades, should I upgrade to Win8.1? I can get a cheap license, and nope, I don't want Win10 but I could use some changes right now.

Depends on your current OS.

Nope
Yep
ohshitniggerwhatareyoudoing?.jpg Yep

i recommend trying it first, i pirated them to try it, i really didn't like the direction windows 8 and 10 took so i switched to ubuntu fulltime which also isn't perfect. windows 7 can take days just to reinstall, microsoft must be throttling the fuck out of windows update for those users because it will take days just to download a package list, but once setup is pretty much perfect and i wouldn't recommend change for the sake of change

Windows 7, but is not genuine, even with removeWAT it seems to give some trouble every now and then, I am planning to do a fresh install soon so I could get a new OS as well.

I've got planetside 2, should've mentioned. It looks so great at 60 fps maxed out.

No, leaving some exceptions like RTS and poorly coded games aside, games tend to get little benefit from CPUs as long as you're talking about somewhat recent and relevante hardware.

You should play cave story.

Yeah, I think it's limited to 4x or 6x internal res if you don't fuck around with the .ini

1 is pretty fun even though it fall into a couple modern FPS pitfalls and has a couple levels that are really not fun, play it with the tactical expansion mod on delta difficulty and you basically have a predator simulator, Warhead is a short expansion and it's pretty good since it solves a couple flaws with 1
2 is way more casualized, you're pretty much always in a corridor and your suit is nerfed in that you only really have 2 abilities at your call.
Haven't played 3 in it's entirety but it seems to try and bring back a bit of 1 but it's way too short to be really enjoyable.

Remember that 1 is very fucked when it comes to physics so even a top-tier recent computer will struggle to keep a stable 60.

The Talos Principle, if you haven't yet. It's good, and looks good too.

its pc gaming in a nutshell, there were maybe 5 games in the past half decade that actually made use of a dedicated gpu while everything else ran off cpu like civilizations 5 and cities skyline

Talos is an amazing game. I wish there were more of its quality. Already bumped up Road to Gehenna and it looks great.

my summer car