Cnc3:Kane's wrath golden era of RTS

I ve been watching some 3-4 month old replays from kane's wrath pros on youtube, i played it a lot during its launch and sometime after and enjoyed 1v1s a lot.

The game was the definition of great RTS because it wasnt brainless micro/macro like starcraft where there is literally 0 strategy or deception, cnc3 relied heavily on using smart stealth attacks, unorthodox tactics to surprise and win a game instead of brainlessly following a build order and spamming soldiers for a big blob fight.

watch some spartacustv replays, it is beutiful

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1FCMcik885Q
forums.cncnz.com/topic/20310-joe-kucan-audio-interview/
youtube.com/watch?v=_sqY6lmyFFU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spawn_installation
youtube.com/user/IISpartacusTV/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

/thread

Probably just a couple of ashitters

To be honest Red Alert 2 era is more the Golden Era of RTS

Except if you play as the Scrin, in which case it is very much spamming soldiers for a big blob

Captcha: m nga ic

But you still had to deal with shenanigans like the mastermind mothership drop, especially if they drop it with a signal transmitter you built.

Shill much?

You're an unbearable piece of baiting shit but the game was pretty good.

You asshole

I didnt link specific videos because most of the replays from kane's wrath had some sort of shenanigan and unorthodox strategy.

The game has a beautiful transition between early game, rich mid game and slow late game which means mistakes are punished heavily since at the end losing something becomes a really big deal.

lol
Yeah m8, so many people on the internet at the time to play online games.
Maybe if you are a granny

Sorry you'll never experience the golden age of LAN party

C&C Generals marks the end of the golden age of RTS.

What.

Yeah sorry i wasnt born in the dinosaur age.

Obviously. You think Kane's Wrath was the height of RTS.

This. Those where the fun days.

Fuck off you dumb shota.

No wonder you believe shitty 2d games are 'good'

Sorry, replays suggest otherwise, especially since the game is alive till now and skilled people still play and create awesome replays

Maybe if old games werent so shit this wouldnt be happening

1992 ;^)

People still play Dawn of War Soulstorm.
There are still prize money funded tournaments for Warcraft 3.
If anything all you've done is shown how naive you are by thinking your game is some how better.

Also you said SupCom: FA is brainless spam so you clearly don't know the first fucking thing about it and are just making generalized statements.

24 is old enough to at least have played some of the games from the actual Golden Age of RTS on some used clunker that dad or big bro gave you, because they are stingy poorfags. C&C3 is one of the most over complicated RTS I have ever seen in my life. I still remember the official EA tactics tutorial video that somehow managed to be more assburger than a speedrunner sperging about half A presses for half an hour. Meanwhile, better RTS don't need such crap and only test who can build faster, who has the better defenses and who can build a better army. The end, fuck you!

You should give Open RA a shot.

Yeah sorry S stands for strategy instead of brainless micro/macro from simple rts like starcraft. Deception and strategy are a core part of a REAL rts, if pros just follow a build order and spam units to fight each other it doesnt count as rts.

I played cnc1 and ra1 on ps1 when i was a fucking 6-7 year old and didnt know English, i cant play games with such shitty graphics anymore.

aoe2 is hands down the best rts as it avoids APM shittery and involves more strategic decision making and less niggering.

And T stands for trolling? Nah. If you want more complicated without being a fucking corporate autist, try Dawn of War Soulstorm. Unlike SC2 it isn't designed for Gook TV and twitch. Don't fucking lie; this is what really upsets you. It has more than enough refinements that actually makes the old formula better. Each faction also comes with enough options to play the game differently than rushing.

The old C&C games still look fine in the engine Open RA is using. Give it at least a shot.

As much as I enjoy having the possibility to play games without having to organise a LAN party, you're a fucking retard.

Check em

wew lads
also op is a fag

you dont miss lan parties, you miss having friends

Op always a faggot but Have OC

fuck, i am downloading it again, cant wait to get raped by the pros

I need to learn to play GDI well cuz fuck the anti globalists

I really dont get how calling a gay person gay changes much, maybe you are new to Holla Forums but not everyone is straight here ;^)

I'm younger than you and think you're a fucking retard.

c&c tib wars KW is only decent because it's basically a copy of generals zero hour but with less content

I don't believe you, suck my dick and then we'll see who's gay

Hey, at least you got dubs

can't suck something nonexistent

does anything really exist anyways?

no, reality consists of and is limited by our perception

then you need to widen your perception now don't you

I mean it's decent game but pic related 1 contains everything within the golden age of RTS from Westwood's perspective.

wew lad

TW and KW are actually decent though.

Supcom FAF is GOAT however.

They're decent games, yes. This does not mean they were the golden age.
You see, OP is trying to say that these games were the golden age. This is why he is a faggot.

I miss battlecast primetime :(
I still remember kane saying he ll give anyone 5$ if they remember his real name if they ever meet irl or something
youtube.com/watch?v=1FCMcik885Q

It was the golden age because it was around that time that multiplayer grew to a big degree and more people joined, the graphics were acceptable and the gameplay was complex enough instead of brainless.

And another important thing, it was ENTERTAINMENT, watching matches was beautiful because they were unpredictable unlike games like sc2 where you know what each person will do anyway, it was something that you could just sit back and enjoy watching because some replays were great, especially shoutcasted

Man i feel so nostalgic re watching all these old stuff, EA really fucked the lore with cnc4.

i would love to see them remove cnc4 from canon and continue the story from cnc3, they need to push esports like Blizzard, and cnc3 matches are way more entertaining to watch that gay arenas

Why did you hop IDs, OP?
>the graphics were acceptable
>the gameplay was complex enough

>nostalgic for 2007
Leave.

Who is the autist now.

Why dont you think a little? Obviously i am not pretending be someone else

2016 joe kucan interview
forums.cncnz.com/topic/20310-joe-kucan-audio-interview/

Honestly nobody liked cnc4 ending, they really need to just remove it from canon and remake it, RTS needs something strong to come back and sc2 is a failure.

Cnc is a very classic game with incredibly deep lore and great gameplay and theme, i really hope EA removes cnc4 from canon and remakes it, it would be a great move since that is what the fans want

10/10

Man command and conquer would actually make a pretty interesting movie, especially with all the lore they have and past, how kane was in ra1 and how it lead to cnc1, black ops 9 and GDI

youtube.com/watch?v=_sqY6lmyFFU

So in cnc4 kane is reduced to "EA just wanna go home".

How would you like to see the story go from cnc 3? Was Kane always an alien considering he knew a lot about Tiberium? What was his original plan since he lived in ra1 era

I don't know about him but I certainly do.

OP continues to show how much of a faggot he is.

Playing it is different than watching cutscenes, probably gonna do the campaign and not touch it again, I hated the lack of lethality in that game

Why buy it though

Not a poorfag, it is 5 bucks and it saves me the time of pirating it.
Buying stuff is always more convenient

actually the pirate version runs better since it's not online always

Ill take slight inconvenience over supporting EA any day.

I miss playing lan party style games on lan parties. It used to be that I was the person choosing the games for my group of friends just because I knew the most mods and small games that could be fun and the others were pretty willing to try any game.
In the golden age of lan parties, it was even better, pretty much any person on the lan was willing to play anything as long as you provided the game.
Sadly things changed a lot. Many people play the same shit over and over again (lol/dota/cs:go). As well as piracy being harder making it harder to provide fun games to the rest of your friends. Limiting the games played to just the games your libraries have in common is shit.
It gotten so bad that lately, some of my friends and I don't even bring a PC to lan parties and we just play board games.
Which is weird because I actually organise multiple lans per year, and I am not even gaming on them.

If you ever make an indie game Holla Forums, stay away from any anti-piracy measures. If people can't share your game to play together, fewer people will touch it, and you will either get to choose between F2P with microtransactions or have no players. I would even suggest forgetting about copyright all together.

i guess people are just so much more busy now that theyre more comfortable sticking with what they know theyll enjoy.
im sure youve considered it already, but why not crack out some old consoles you have lying around? people are always going to be down for double dash or perfect dark, no?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spawn_installation
this kind of thing was also pretty cool.
i know the ps4 has a convoluted way to share your games with a trusted friend, but youll have to put up with always online if you do it.
im pretty sure its against the rules too.

Nowadays, when I bring my PC, I bring 4 controllers and have a bunch of local multiplayer games on them. Pretty much everybody knows they can use my PC whenever they wish to play these games. Its relatively popular. Which is nice.

Spawn instalations used to be the norm I think. Most video games just had a startup CD check, some, like COD4, didn't care about the cd key on lan play, which was nice.
One of these days I am going to organise a lan party without internet to force some lan games to be played again.

youre pretty cool. good luck

OP are you me? Been getting back into RTS and this game is an awesome balance of macro, micro and creativity. The voice acting for all the units is great, the story is solid, lore is good, cutscenes are corny with a surprisingly A list cast for a video game.

I hate EA but they left their hands off of C&C for long enough that this game made it unscathed.

Also I've been watching Spartacus as well, good commentator

You know EA acquired Westwood Studios in 1998 right? Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 are also "EA Command and Conquer"

Windows 10 issues I assume? Anyone had a similar issue?
Red alert 3 worked fine

Yeah it's Windows 10. Open compatability on the launch file and set it for XP Service Pack 3

I am overall a fan of it too, but I wished they allowed you to build walls and gates like in tiberian sun.

Every once in a while I want to play comfy games against bot, have 3 medium ones in a team and give one to me so we play 3vs2. Build a huge ass base and let them try to take it over, but they can't because my defense is to strong. But unfortunately you can't build walls.

In Tiberian Sun you had that firestorm generator and those firestorm walls. They never really made sense to much but they looked cool.

It would also have been interesting with the shit cut from Tiberian Sun like how having lights affects visibility and how you could actually build those watchtowers and have them do something. One thing that they didn't manage to add near the end, which would have been interesting, was the fact that you could actually build and use Carryalls to transport units. C&C3 had the best idea in terms of mechanics with support powers and upgrades but it was only decent instead of being great due to the music and units not really being on the same level as the other games.

One thing I absolutely hate about C&C3 is that it's locked to 30FPS. I recently tried replaying the campaign, but the FPS lock was a huge turn-off.

I played the original C&C3 At the xbox360 and multiplayer was an unbalanced mess of mammoth mass spam and alien hordes of little fighters.

oes this kane's wrath expansion fixes this? Serious question, the videos of the pros recommended by OP look quite nice.

Command & Conquer 4 is the best RTS game of all time, all you grampas need to take away your nostalgia goggles

Hope you mean predator tank spam.

And yeah kane's wrath balance is superior, economy is far better and no more brainless building spam

Just check a few kane's wrath videos from here
youtube.com/user/IISpartacusTV/videos

No. Mammoth. I remember quite clearly screens full of mammoth tanks blindly colliding eachother in a orgy of destruction. Was in the xbox tough, so yeah.

Nigger he played an RTS on a console

Probably turtled until he got rekt by mammoth tanks because he didn't bother attacking the enemy much

I owned command and conquer 1 on n64

I owned Dune 2000 on the PS1

The only thing I want them to keep is Nod being essentially right

The nostalgia of loading up desert combat and handing off the bf disk because only two people had copies makes me kinda sad.

those look like toys

Reminds me of Dawn of War 3

I owned Dune 2 on Genesis. It kept crashing on a mission, faulty cartridges, replacing them at a shop didn't help, they all had the same defect.

the launcher fix simply couldnt locate them form origin

Fuck off anti globalist terrorist, the GDI have the best standards of living, we have the great blue zones while terrorist like you live in shitty yellow zones full of war and famine because wah wah you are too special to follow GDI rules

Memes aside the Nod are just a tool for Kane, with cnc4 not being canon we dont know what his true plans are, he was since the soviet era, he doesnt age and he knows about Tiberium.

So he either is an alien or maybe something more complex like a time anomaly due to Einstein killing hitler, and he used that knowledge to spread to influence of nod, which is full of zealots and brainless cucks similar to trump supporters.

Havent you noticed that anyone intelligent enough in the brotherhood has a high chance of being killed because they dont brainlessly follow kane around? Maybe kane just wants brainless puppets for whatever goal he has, so i wouldnt call the Nod right in any way.

The global defense initiative on the other hand has only one goal, reduce the spread of tiberium so the world isnt ruined and bring back civilization from the prestigious blue zones.

>not knowing about the cloning vats

I did too, actually. I also emulated Starcraft 64

Was Generals a good game

cloning doesnt give you knowledge of the future or how to use tiberium though.

That is the most suspicious part of kane, the whole "not dying" thing can be explained in many ways

yes but it wasn't a westwood game

GDI is cancer

Sorry, too busy enjoying my tea on my balcony in my beautiful blue zone ;^)

Can't go more kike than that.

It's people like you that make Nod possible. What I admire about Nod is the willingness to explore new technology, to use tiberium to its fullest potential. Nod's tech far surpasses GDI. Nod also doesn't care about blue zones

This.

I know it's hard for most people to understand they are part of the problem but you know that series you liked from game 1 and by game 3 it's going downhill but gaining popularity… That is exactly what Tiberian Sun was, the first shit CnC game.

Maybe because they are better? ;^)
I know admitting your inferiority is hard and it is easier to blame others for your failures.

Equality never existed, some people are just morons and dont get anywhere in life :\

I thought they had turned Nod into communists?

Nods are cucks, based on the shitty cnc4 ending Kane just goes back home with le alien device and leaves Nod behind like the useless cucks they are

Also no he doesn't, Kane magically takes them all with him along with the ayys and tiberium. CNC4 gets shit on for being an "and everyone lived happily ever after" ending where every possibility of conflict or trouble just vanishes into thin air

it's generally regarded that c&c4 does not exist.

Nod are militant hyper capitalist anarchists who are only united because of the techno-cult of personality that Kane has created, who just happens to be highly charismatic, immortal and correct about everything including that GDI is a shit. They're more a band of terrorists on neon laser bikes with tomahawk missiles strapped on their backs than a band of bolsheviks.
It's more likely that GDI is the commies, given their background and the fact that they're backed by Russia.

Since Joe admitted ra1 was just supposed to be a mostly cash grab to give some backstory to cnc but gay fags liked it a lot and forced ea to make more where do you think the story could go after cnc 3? What is Kane's true goal I wonder.

Also it is hilarious how Kane keeps killing people near the top of his command because they got that position due to having Brian's but brains don't work well with Kane since he demands blind fanatisism and stupidity.

Kane is using the nod as a tool to get whatever he wants and the morons blindly follow him like cucks, nods are cucks.

GDI are simply protecting the great civilization and good life in blue zones, something worth defending instead of the shitholes Kane runs around telling people he ll do great things if he lets him cuck them.

Literally religious cucks

Meanwhile 95% of the population in the world (aka those not in the blue zones) die because GDI refuses to send help to those areas and instead fellate eachother with their shitty sonic weaponry that fails to understand tiberium is actually underground, which is why Nod has underground facilities to study tiberium growth, but nooooo let's just fuck off from earth in our big giant heap of shit they call a ship that gets blown off by a single nuke because they can't into ICBM defense. GDI is simply retarded mate.

Also Kane is not the sole actor in the brotherhood, they actually recruit people for plenty of civilian roles such as water purification and research to further claim tiberium as our own. Sure they're "cucks" for trying to survive while getting their limbs blown off by tiberium-powered Ion cannons for no reason, right?
Fucking globalist scum, get out.

Oh yeah, m8, please tell me all about their magical technology that simply removes all tiberium because as far as I can recall, it did jack fucking shit considering the fact that the blue zones are constantly shrinking instead of growing despite the GDI repeatedly defeating Kane.

FAF would be better if they used 3603 instead of their shitty changes and integrated handholding mods. Engineer management is a skill, one that they basically tossed in the trash for the sake of casuals.

battle field control online

confirmed for diamond league babby

I was recently watching SC2 tourneys, it comes down to rock paper scissors most of the time

thats some mammoth ass

Why dont you go help people in Africa too m8 if you care so much about humans hypocrite? ;^)

Why bother with shitholes when you got civilized blue zones to protect since after all you have kane like the average populist abusing their fears and blaming all their problems on GDI whenever fake or not, remember those fake "gdi terrorist attacks" in ra1 which kane uses to scare the media even more to get power?

Yeah and if you have a brain you will rise in the brotherhood's ranks only to be shot by Kane because you had the brain to question him like pretty much in most games where he kills his top commander in front of you.

Yes, goyim, only the chosen people and the land of Israel have the right to succeed.

Is there anything more comfy?

Firestorm wall blocks hunter seeker drones, nuclear missiles and aircraft, not that hard to understand

Maybe if they werent worthless they would be under the protection of GDI in our quality blue zones ;^)

By the way.. missile launch detected!

Firestorm sections don't block tiberium missiles, which was Nod's true superweapon. The cluster missiles were more akin to the Ion Cannon, useful but not gamechanging unless your opponent is retarded. Meanwhile GDI's real heavy hitter was the free instant soup "fuck you" army that Drop Pods gave you.

Yeah and nod can go underground too

Snake in the first panel needs to be moved to the center of the panel, but other then that nice job.

what is wrong with this game

I miss those days when we had walls, doors and concrete panels to fuck around with

Enjoy your shrinking blue zones, faggot. While GDI jerks off to their failed harmonic resonance tiberium disposal technology, Nod actually has a chance to survive.

So i finished all cnc3 tibierium wars GDI campaign on hard yet a ton of intel is missing?
I have done all objectives and got full intel in all missions, whats up with that?

Good luck building those 4 buildings easily in a pro game m8 and not losing ;^)

Many games end way before tier 3 because babies get rushed in a game designed to harvester harassment