Time dumps and grind/progression

Time dumps and grind/progression

I finally gave up and i want a gaem to really sink some time into. What would be the ideal vidya for someone with the following requirements:

Only gaem i can think of that vaguely fits is Diablo3

Diablo 3

one thing is not like the other

Elona kinda fits, it's not multiplayer though.

Also space station thirteen, the rounds are short but getting better at the game sort of simulates a progression of skill.

Our resident weebs and MMOfags would beg to differ and strongly argue that grind is an essential game mechanic for every great game.

That's really an improvement.

Will check it out. Thx fam.

I have tried my hand at wargaming titles but have been burned every time.

Thought about terraria but i dont want a minecraft experience. Is it any good?

It's good, unlike minecraft.

Bumping this thread

Any of the numerous rogue-lites with a persistent unlock system.

Mount and Blade: Warband. Not vanilla, but whichever of these mods appeals to you the most:
Migration Period (636 CE) England.

Sengoku Jidai (circa 1500 CE) Japan.

Medieval (1257 CE [duh]) Europe.

Everyone says this, but it's basically 2D minecraft. If you don't like minecraft, you won't like Terraria.

You could emulate shit like Monster Hunter or FF12 IZJS. Theres also Disgaea and RE4 with its NG+ and half a dozen game modes.

Building stuff isn't integral to Terraria. Its also a lot more gear/combat focused.

ultimate ironman on oldschool runesape, go for 200 mil exp on all skills

Warframe
Except for
Because endgame is kinda weak. It's a good game if you play it to collect everything instead.
Tons of grind, but gameplay is cool. Being a fashionista space cyber ninja with magic is cool.

I want to impregnate Chun-li.

Nah they play quite differently and Terraria does a lot better at the adventuring side, it's not comparable to Minecraft with one less dimension. A Terraria take on CVHD would be my pet desire for a game actually.

Diablo II isn't bad either, but the end-game stuff is virtually unobtainable without mods if you're playing solo.

I won't kill you. You will have to do it yourself.

lol weebs

She doesn't want you to impregnate her and never will. And you'll never be able to force it. Haha.

did you really not get it?

Path of Exile is pretty neat. It is easily possible to do well without paying anything but if you want to make a decent profit from trading the shit you find then you are going to have to invest in stash tabs to store it, which is really the only advantage paying players have over ones that pay nothing.

You can always play Subnautica

Was gonna list off a bunch of these.

Binding of Isaac
One Way Heroics
Darkest Dungeon
Enter the Gungeon
Risk of Rain
FTL
Rogue Legacy

Games consist of pretty short runs, and they all run well on a laptop. I guess there is a good amount of minmaxing autism eventually. Also check out La Mulana.

Where the fuck did this shit come from?

it's a choice of words
calm down

Drawing.
It's fun.
You can progress your whole life and upgrade your gear.
Runs on a laptop or even a piece of paper.
Endgame doesn't run out of content and let's you define your own playstyle.

I AM CALM

If you buy more storage space, it means you can store more shit. And since shit has value, that means you end up having greater potential wealth because you can hold more value. For example, I haven't paid for a single thing and I am doing just fine, but I don't have the benefit of having a shitload more room to store stuff I could be selling on poe.trade instead of vendoring

Crusader Kings 2, one of the Mount and Blade games, Dwarf Fortress (requires key remapping though if your laptop doesn't have the numpad, and also probably fails the autist test), Spelunky, emulate one of the old Pokemon games, Saints Row 2 (requires speedhack on Steam, google it).

You don't need that to trade though, I used acquisition for years before biting the bullet and paying for premium tabs, which streamline the process much more, as the game gets more and more content the 4 initial tabs start to cut it less and less. I remember I used 1 to store currency and gear I planned on using, 1 to keep maps in, 1 to keep shit to sell and the last one for chaos recipe, now there's divination cards and essences and more currencies and map bases.

Building stuff isn't integral to Minecraft, either. Beyond a dirt house to keep out the mobs while you sleep, you never have to build anything.

You could probably get a lot out of Final Fantasy XII tbh.

Path is a good choice. I feel like you can either get stupid autistic at end game or just do whatever you see other people doing. Seasons make it more interesting but it also kind of kills standard.

Believe it or not, Skyrim.