THPS/THUG Pro thread Skateboarding games are dead edition

So does anybody still play these games anymore or am I the only faggot here that can't let go of the past?

THPS is dead since Activision doesn't own the license anymore and Tony Hawk is too much of an old fuck now to license it to anyone else there is no hope of reviving the series/genre.

THUG Pro was a good replacement for a while but it got taken over by Polskis/other eastern European players who can barely speak English.

Anyways, what is your

And

Other urls found in this thread:

mameau.com/14-years-thps-still-grabs/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is Skate 2 worth picking up cheap on ps3? I kinda liked the first one.

SO HERE I AM

THPS 3 > THPS 2

Skate 2, not THPS

ROLLIN BOULDERS ALL THE TIME

THPS?

Shit, has to be a tie between THPS3 and the two THUGS. Childhood right there.

I'd have to say Canada.

~8 million in Canada

Other than THPS, SSX and Skate, what XTR3M3 sports games are worth playing?

The Fifa Street games from back in the day were pretty fun. Avoid the 2012 game tho that one was trash.

Played THUG last year, it was pretty good still and more recently Skate 3. Very fun

I replay Tony Hawk Underground 1 almost every year. It's not the best of the bunch and the walk mechanic is shit, but I still think it's the most challenging of them all. Even while playing it every year I get stuck on the Hawaii back alley grinding mission for a few hours, and the later follow challenges get fucking absurd.

I think THPS4 is the weird one out, no one ever seems to talk about it but it pretty much perfected what THPS3 could have been with larger levels and more free ride options. Especially every pro challenge in that game is amazing and creative, Neversoft still had a love boner for making good games interesting. I used to just play the one of the outdoor park levels freeride mode for hours, setting up the camera in the front so it looked like I was playing a skate video where someone is filming me with a fisheye.

I bought THPS4 on a whim way back and thinking objectively it was probably one of the best out of the series. But dat early game nostalgia is strong

THPS3
Los Angeles
Can't remember, but I broke all the glass in Cruise Ship's greenhouse. Something weird happens when you do.
I never considered myself good. I barely managed to beat the game after loads of attempts.

I had a lot of fun playing Aggressive Inline. It was an even more ridiculous THPS but with rollerblades.

I played the
SHIT
out of THPS3, THUG, and THUG2 when I was younger, but I never got nearly as good as the crazy motherfuckers you'd see in videos.

I consider my greatest accomplishment to be having beaten THUG and THUG2 on Sick. Didn't even know 1 had an alternate ending until I saw a friend play it.

Is THUGPRO still alive? We should get some skatan going sometime.

You'll always find a few decently filled lobbies when you go on. The devs are still adding content every now and again like character customization options and proper controller support.

I managed to get my really old copy of THPS4 to work on my computer
>Tfw don't own any on console and getting fucked with my own hubris and can't get shit to work

no

Did you guys see the video where Eric Sparrow did a McTwist over a helicopter in Hawaii?

Eric Sparrow
Tony Hawk

Well they're both pricks that are merely pretending to be cool guys so I guess it fits

Hawk's not really a prick, he's more absentminded. The one time I met him he couldn't say a single sentence without umming or uhhing.

NFL Blitz series is pretty fun even if you don't like football

He's kind of like my wife's boyfriend

Fave game is THPS3 and THUG.

got this on a whim. It's pretty good with a variety of locations.

I haven't met Hawk, but a guy I know IRL met him. His opinion in short was that Tony might actually be autistic, since he was basically incapable of talking about anything that wasn't skateboards or business.

Pic related is decent. It's also one of the few skiing vidya.

How is the soundtrack to THPS 5 anyway?

Dunno, music didn't work when I pirated it.

Yeah it's pretty fun
unless it doesn't run on ps3 or something like

I didn't know we could Americanize someone's photo in-game back in 2005.

I fucking love THUG. THUG 2 was better gameplay wise, but the story is garbage. I probably wouldn't care that much, but THUG had a surprisingly great story, so it's pretty disappointing seeing the direction the sequel went.

Also, who would have thought skateboarding would mix with Johnny Cash and Frank Sinatra so damn well?

That's Life should have played when you realize Eric Sparrow betrayed you.

???

Fund it.

She looks like a middle-aged American woman.

Oh yeah.

I've been trying to find a guide for a while now, is there a way to make a dedicated server (if any) for THUG Pro? I figured out how to host a listen server on both LAN and Internet, but not a dedi.

Why the fuck does everyone act as if THAW never existed? It's very fucking good and the online ain't bad either.

the radio had a lot of GOD tier songs

more like edgy

I liked the Start Today cover by Fall Out Boy.

Also it was unusually easy, did we ever find out why?

Peace Frog, Sun of Pearl, California Uber Alles, Live Wire, I Disappear definitely aren't edgy and they are some of the best ones.

I liked it. None of the levels are as tight as the other games, though, so I didn't play it as much.

Also, wasn't the tutorial ungodly long, and locked away core mechanics like manuals until it taught you how to use them?

Anyone here checked out the protos for thps1/2 that were release a few months ago?

What's the story behind the third image?

There's something that is incredibly 90's level design and almost nostalgic about seeing this trick used to prevent having to make skyboxes/distant features.

a person was looking through a bunch of random loose cds at a thrift store and bought a damaged cheap bootleg disc that had a thps logo poorly printed on it for a dollar that turned out to have a supposedly previously undiscovered beta of thps1 on it. mameau.com/14-years-thps-still-grabs/

Man that looks 90's.

you might be on to something here (vid related)

You guys want to play some THUGPro? I'll have a server set up for the hopefully for the next few hours.
Server name: honk
Password: rage

Truly the greatest bootleg.

yall r sleepin

Street skater 2 was pretty neat.

Cant remember the game but i remember final challenge of it and all i did was pogo jumping with the skateboard for combo points until i beat it

I can't right now, but I'm down for some later, if you are

Sure user, I'll come back to the thread in a few hours for some skatan.