What is Holla Forumss stance on piracy?

Is it immoral? Inevitable? Justified? Is it "information is free man" or just some ruskis who just don't want to pay for vidya.

Do you support anti-piracy legislation or DRM?

Help me get some perspective on this moral conundrum, Holla Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!VNhHxSha!qmacquoMiFteFgCZJR6Dqe02jfKU-IHGtxEj7jqJ_gk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You should already know, we've had enough threads about it.

Holla Forums the one person's stance on piracy is: good

Sweet, thanks.

I pirate everything before I buy, journos are beyond fucking worthless, most gamers are idiots, publishers lie to often to be reliable plus no one makes demos any more.
If it wasn't for piracy I probably wouldn't buy many games.

Lurk more.

fucking leave

I pirate games because I either don't have enough money or don't want to pay for it. Everyone else is the same way only you'll occasionally find autistic Holla Forumsredditors that say they want to "test it" before they "buy" it. But they never do because they've already played the fucking game. Some people just need to come to terms with their own pirate lifestyle.

This is niggerchan. Most pirate here. If you have a VPN this is the only place you arent banned.

I personally don't do it, but I don't care if others do.

Piracy is a moral good.

Who's this Holla Forums guy?

ib4 mablefag is back

I'll buy games if I like them enough, or if buying them is more convenient. There are loads of franchises I originally pirated, but went and bought afterwards. I pirated the original Serious Sam on the Xbox, and now I own every SS game except The Next Encounter and I eagerly await Croteam's new games. Piracy is free advertising, but that advertising is good or bad depending on the quality of the game.
When I buy a game I tend to pirate it, if it has DRM. That way if something goes wrong and I can't access my game I have an unlocked backup somewhere. It also means I can share games with my friends, and get to know franchises I would have otherwise missed.
As for DRM, I don't like it but I'll tolerate easily crackable stuff. Steamworks isn't too bad, Denuvo and the ones that install rootkits are. I value the health of my computer over being able to play the latest games. If a game has nasty DRM I don't play it, or I wait for a crack.
Speaking of piracy, have a game called BlockLivesMatter. This game was removed by the devs, meaning that if it wasn't copied repeatedly we'd never have it. It's quite fun, too. mega.nz/#!VNhHxSha!qmacquoMiFteFgCZJR6Dqe02jfKU-IHGtxEj7jqJ_gk

Lurk moar faggot. Mark is that you?

His name is Victor

pc game piracy is dead

who would've thought a time like this would come

We could spend all day trying to rationalize the various problems with our economy, our job market, taxes, cost of living, the issues within the industry and their bloated runaway marketing budgets that take away from development time and QA, or even the ever-present issue of SJW kool-aid and poz brought on by bluehaired hipsters…

At the end of the day, none of it matters because piracy is simply faster, more convenient, and less trouble than buying games normally.

How new are you?

It was the inevitable outcome of making games that aren't worth pirating.

what are you on about

Piracy is great, best thing to happen since the internet itself.

Who is this Holla Forums individual?

It's an inevitability in the age of digital media considering that it's extremely hard to reliably track piracy. Shit, those anti-piracy warnings at the beginning of a DVD film aren't taken seriously by anybody, they're an annoyance prefacing the film concerning laws that don't ever get taken to court considering everybody and their grandmother with a DVD drive can easily copy and redistribute if it strikes their fancy.

And with redistribution, punishment all comes down to whether the ISP cares or not; I had CenturyLink and they didn't give one flying fuck what I downloaded or uploaded, no VPN, torrented whatever the hell I felt like at good speeds and reliable connectivity and not a single letter, call or e-mail.

I like the "try-before-you-buy" approach myself but people who talk about information being free, maaan, you can't restrict it or about trying to moralize the act of getting free shit by showing those dang dirty companies or something are just sniffing their own farts and finding it pleasing.

Fellow Centurybro reporting in, nice to see that's company-wide.

>asking a collective group whats their opinion on a matter everyone isn't going to 100% agree on which includes shitposters against piracy

Check 'em.

I don't feign some sense of morality. I just have three reasons for pirating

If I like a game I've pirated early on, I'll buy it. If not, I won't spit in a developer's face by playing it all the way through.

Fuck off.

Wealth redistribution. Information wants to be free yada yada just click the magnet icon you fag and stop worrying.

Piracy is just a thing, like power outages in the sticks or bad air quality in cities, and publishers autistically trying to make piracy zero has only done harm to vidya.
The best thing for vidya to do is to simply accept that there will always be piracy and then do what they can to mitigate the risk, which pretty much just means "release your game at an affordable price point and make it easy to install after buying"
Anything else is anti-consumer bullshit.

That's right you usually just go to reddit.

To this date I haven't had anywhere near as good an ISP as Centurylink. My one regret is moving to the outskirts of town and just barely being out of any ISP's dominion, but especially out of Centurylink's range.