Dolphin (Wii and Wii U emulator) seems to work on PS4

Dolphin (Wii and Wii U emulator) seems to work on PS4

twitter.com/marcan42/status/814497640599658496

It's a Wii and Gamecube emulator

Fucking nice. I want this.

If I could dual-boot Linux and keep the PS4 functionality, this would get Sony a sale from me.

OK anyone answer this guy last time I heard about installing linux on PS was PS2

PS2 was marketed as a computer to get around taxes in some countries where if it was purely mentioned as a video-game console they'd be subject to some rules and regulations. PS2's actual computing features are extremely minor, but enough they can bring legitimacy to their claim.

Ok so what is going on with PS4 linux?
Is it something supported by Sony or did they just find a way to run it on PS4 hardware and decided to try dolphin on it?

Nintendo doesn't make good games.

At least those games will be on a system that has more power than a toaster.

user, the PS4 is a toaster

What?
Why would someone even want to do this?

So they could finally play games on the PS4

The PS2 and PS3 BOTH OFFICIALLY supported Linux by Sony, this was to get around the aforementioned European Trade tariffs on computer hardware. When the trade tariff deal failed, Sony did a 180 and disabled OtherOS on the PlayStation 3. Hackers like George Hotz brought it back but they were sued by Sony and the rest is history.

The PS4 Linux thing is purely a hack

What a day!

nope

PCs that can handle dolphin, a gamecube/wii emulator, are much cheaper than a PS4.
This is nice news if you already have a PS4 tough. But then again, if your PC can't handle dolphin…

Those specs sure are worth it when you have nothing to play m8

Keep sticking your foot in your mouth though, I am curious to see what "side" you think i'm on.

Shameful, wont even defend his position. Who needs consoles when you can just emulate them anyways? PC already can play WiiU games. The only losers are consolefags

Current year is really weird user, I'm glad it's almost over

Regardless,if you have the skill to set up linux on PS4 and use an emulator on top of that then you should have the smarts to get a better PC and wait for more reliable emulation rather than owning a Nogamesstation which still hasn't got a respectable library in 3 fucking years.

I'm more angry that this faggot doesn't know about dolphin and HAS to explain to the board what dolphin is like it's some sort obscure thing around here.That is despite being often considered as one of the best,if not THE best emulators around and often mentioned when talking about the Wii or Gamecube in any shape or form.

Reeks of fucking faggotry any way you look at it.OP is a retarded nigger and should be gassed.

Current year only has 2 days left user

The OP is obviously a Sonynigger with a piss-poor PC whos just coming out of his Sonynigger hugbox

I'm glad its continuing
The status quo has been broken and not only on vidya.
Its bern fucking bizzare, but mostly great and for the positive.

Shit, I'm a giant faggot with a used netbook running XP and I know what Dolphin is. Granted I'm a huge Nintendrone who loves pirating video games, but still. I don't even think NeoGaf is that bad. Then again some guy on NeoGaf didn't know what pixels were, and another guy didn't understand what misogyny meant and just threw it around the way we use cuck or faggot.

I'm frankly surprised the PS4 can even run Dolphin at >= 30fps

OP is a fag, news at 11.