Microsofts Halo shitshow continues, 343 studio head fired for abysmal performance of Halo 5

Microsofts Halo shitshow continues, 343 studio head fired for abysmal performance of Halo 5

Is there a more blatant case of suits changing a product to kill its audience? i'm no big halo fan but this mess is legit fascinating for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

craveonline.com/culture/923719-halo-5-sold-fewer-xbox-consoles-game-main-halo-series
dsogaming.com/news/remedy-working-two-new-projects-none-related-alan-wake/
netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0
archive.is/XThPY
reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2hqmkb/how_destinys_content_completely_changed_over_the/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=769440155
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=573661440
youtube.com/watch?v=1cX4t5-YpHQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Xboner still sold more than the WiiU.

Reminder that Halo has always been bad.

Really? Wouldnt surprise me, nintendo was so bad at marketing it I thought it was some shit wii upgrade like the rumblr pack for the N64.

breaking fucking news. post a thread when one of you fucks hosts a Halo Online server again

THIS
Where did Halo Online go anons? I need something to fill the void that TF2 has left me for years

Here comes the newfag who only remembers Halo after the third game

Halo online was just a test for the original plan to make the master chief collection a subscription service. They were going to start with just CE and halo 2 and the rest were brute forced in over a few months which was why it was so bad.

Halo online was never meant to last, just get the slavs ready for a paying a subscription to access halo as a 'service'. Really.

The hostfag left to shill his autistic podcast or something and nobody else would host

Yeah, 343 must be populated by complete fucking retards and braindead morons if they thought that gaylo 5 was going to be any kind of success. That's not even going into how they keep ruining the style by shoehorning 2deep4u stories with 666edgy911me characters and themes, along with their complete misunderstanding of confusing "how do we make a fun game"" with "how do we make the game look shinny and coolgrafix?"

Nigger, I am fucking 46 years old. I remember playing Space Invaders when it first hit arcades.
I remember when Halo came out it was mocked around any serious vidya forum for being too fucking easy, you'd see people call it "My First FPS", it had a two weapon limit for fuck's sake.
Halo was one of the games that casualized the industry.

jesus fuck jiji go get a job and a life, thats suicide tier age for imageboards.

You know those posts about how some day we would see nostalgia posts about halo? That day was over 5 years ago

Wait, what?

Got a source faggot? I can't find anything about studio head firing.

Cortana failed?

It was going to be an open world shooter. You had a ship called the Infinity as your hub area and you would explore and track down past exploits of captain king and relive them.

Basically Halo 5 was a Destiny clone with some ODST elements.

I have a job, I'm off for Christmas.

Anybody who wasn't on imageboards before 2007, or at the very least 2011, needs to be banned.

My brother and I were content to stop Halo after Bungie left. Sure, he played 4, but everyone we know knows that Halo died after Reach

Is that true? That sounds way better than what Halo 5 turned out to be

You have to go back to the home.

It locks me out of most shooters, but that's about it. Missing out on shit like Overwatch is a blessing in disguise.

Overwatch is like the one "fps" where it matters the least actually

I've been on 4chan since late 2006, and for as long as I can remember, there have always been halo threads every couple of months. Anons would talk about their favourite maps, and share pirated copies of the PC release. I know this, because it is where I heard about and downloaded halo custom edition. The threads were never common, and they seemed to always happen really early in the morning for me. Point is, there have always been a small group of anons who liked halo on Holla Forums, or at least since 2007./

why do people hate microsoft again?

Is this bait or are you geinune underage?

Halo is only remembered fondly by kids who grew up with it. People have always hated the game, and, truthfully, it's the worst out of the console shooters.

"I'm 46" is just as bad as "I'm a girl btw."

I remember one of the reason I bought a PS3 over the 360 was the free online, but then Sony saw what good goys people were on 360 and eventually pushed out PS+ which initially wasn't too bad as you could still play online but as soon as the ps4 came out they made that shit mandatory.

wat

When you start the online there is a propaganda video designed to "indenture positive feelings towards gamblification and freebuys in young children"

This

I am more pissed on what Microshaft has done to studios like FASA and Ensemble. That's before the kikery they did in cornering the market and shit like Windows 2000.

I am just sad Remedy is held hostage to this dying machine.

The only decent Halo games were 1 and 3 and they were still subpar compared to the alternatives.
Its normalfag SciFi, the Star Wars of vidya.

7th Gen brought most of the cancer we know today.
People here only remember it fondly because most of them started using imageboards around the time they came out.

Is this you OP?

Not anymore

For me it's all the wasted potential

Add to that the fact that that they don't just shit on their own games, they drag down companies like Rareware too. They're in desperate need of a good kicking, and some real competition, but they know normalfags and mustards will come around to the bullshit they bring out, so they can get away with things like forcing upgrades.
Legally the only reason they aren't hit with monopoly laws is because Apple exists as controlled opposition.

my primary reason is windows, I mean it's a fucking OS, a platform to install, and use software, a smart student can create an OS, and mikro$hit keeps pushing that trojan backdoor shit to everywhere, so.. actually I hate normalfags who keep using it

I use Windows 7

A bit off-topic, but didn't some Activision related legal papers highlight that a test demo for a Marathon reboot was being made?
I really hope it fucking died in the cradle

I thought Marathon was owned by a few devs inside Bungie that don't want to touch it any longer

I'm hoping to use imageboards even when I'm old enough to have started getting dementia. What sort of idiot thinks you "grow up and stop communicating with people who have interests in common with you"? Are you retarded? Holla Forums would be better if it were filled with old-timers instead of kids who's first shooter was an overhyped, slow as balls twin stick console shooter.

Don't forget

craveonline.com/culture/923719-halo-5-sold-fewer-xbox-consoles-game-main-halo-series

And apparently it sold worse than Titanfall, let that sink in.

Space Voldemort? Really?

Don't forget about Arbiter being a commie that lets "female Elites" into is army because its progressive and thats good because thats something a good guy would do.

Nope, he died at the end of Halo 4 after being introduced nearly halfway into the game

I'm talking about the Elite General who captures Halsey. But I guess 343 didn't want to confuse players with so many alien characters-besides, don't you want to be around Locke and his Totally Spartans?

Besides it would be boring teaming up with the Arbiter to kill the Elite leader. Better to fight the same robot boss 20 times.

I don't get that edit
MC Ride is a total skeleton

The face proportions and beard are similar

Why does Microshit need the console market when they have the PC market?

Never happening. Microsoft needs a console presence to remain relevant when PCs die out. They will burn literal billions of dollars on this if they have to because their entire business relies on being on devices people insist on having. They don't have to be winning in a market (see their continued production of Windows phones no one wants) but they have to be participating or they die and give it up entirely to Amazon, Google, Apple, etc.

Money and a consumer base with less standarts.
Too bad its not 2007 anymore
They could have invested in the PC market with all that 360 money but instead they tried to join the two markets (and still are).

They have a a shitton of PC focused IPs besides the OS monopoly, they could be as big as Steam right now.
Instead The Fat Kike and 2013 E3 happened and the rest is history.

Because Microsoft deserves to be hated. They have a very long history of acting unethically or even downright criminally. Their products were never original or technically better than the competition. They only win by cheating hard. Behold, some dirty Microsoft moments:

They've already made overtures to this by porting supposed xbox one exclusives to windows 10. Eventually they'll just stop buying off studios to make exclusives if they keep hemorrhaging money.

Buthurt linuxtards

It's not going to happen. It's not possible for PC's to "die out".

If anything consoles are going to most likely die out in favor of eventual powerful cellular phones and streaming boxes for video games becoming a thing.

Xbox is just a wing of their company, it's not the entire thing for Microsoft. They could completely decide to drop the fucking thing tomorrow if they thought it wasn't going to make money for them.

They burned billions on the Xbone already, getting rid of it would probably save them a lot in manufacturing

Microsoft just needs their OS and their stranglehold over the IT market. Which is never going to go away.

It was gonna be a more Warframe/Destiny style version of ODST with how missions played out

GOOD

I hope 343 burns

Its going to happen next year
Halo 3 Anniversary

Just keep going mate.
The finish line isn't that far away anymore.

That says way more about the WiiU than the xbone.

respect your elders faggots

It's funny looking back on this since Halo is much more challenging than the majority of FPS's today

And so did most games after it. Hell most older franchises post Halo like Max Payne eventually went the way of the two weapon limit

I think consoles did that moreso

Since Halo was designed to be played with a gamepad. It wasn't designed with keyboard controls until after it released when they ported it to PC. The two weapon limit was due to being played on an original Xbox controller.

Anyway in terms of casualizing the industry there have been a great deal of complex games released after Halo. And there were a great deal of simple games released before it. It's just a matter of selective memory to blame one game for trends.

You say that like young people have the same interests as you. Do you watch tv then assume reality tv plebs share your interests?

Senility is a sad thing to see.

Plenty of Baby Boomers have left it in the current year.

You mean he is a cultural marx piece of shit. Get off my board faggot.

Dude, don't argue with Halo toddlers first FPS faggots. They are beyond inbred.

Well, not originally.

This was back when it was a different game entirely.

The final release was built from the ground up to be played on the original Xbox

BECAUSE OF HALO

This shit sucks, man.

There is a finished version of the master chief collection for pc but microsoft isnt releasing it because they need the xbone to have something, anything thats exclusive.

Also no split screen. That alone should of killed it

Did you not read what I said? The reason Halo did it was due to consoles. That was the reason later games did it. If Halo didn't come out some other shooter would have with a two weapon limit.

People wanted to make console games that played well via a gamepad. Which is why the two-weapon limit caught on. This was before Saints Row came up with the idea of a weapon wheel which overtook two weapon limit. The weapon wheel is also designed to compensate for gamepads by making you select weapons/items with an analog stick.

Ironsights were also designed to compensate for the limited accuracy of analog sticks. A huge amount of trends in first person shooters are designed specifically for gamepads.

Thats literally every exclusive

That makes no fucking sense, plenty of console shooters had more than two guns before Halo.

Eldorito

Call of Duty, Battlefield 2 and Operation Flashpoint weren't console games.

Daily reminder:

Get over it.

which proves my point. It was done to compensate for the limited buttons on a gamepad and was already going on at the time. Halo was just the first FPS that did it that sold well.

I meant from 2005-2006 onwards. I know "competitive FPS" on console really only started to go from a joke to something people actually attended tournaments for after ironsights started to become a bigger thing in FPS games.

The xbox does well in North America but then so did the N64.

Truly a people worse than Griffith.

Halo 5 wasn't really that bad on release, gameplay wise its some of the smoothest the game has ever been. But between forcing players to play their warzone shit (because its all they pay attention to), absolute shit play lists and the addition of the least inspired maps of the franchise.

You got a kind of shitty game. When it came out I predicted that this would be one of the best halo ever. Haven't gone back to check yet. I've played worse shooters but H5 has no real direction other then wanting the moba community.

Games before halo had more than two guns and worked fine.

I don't think you even know what your point is anymore.

Good lad. Keep moving those goalposts!

No, it fucking doesn't. Games worked well fine before it, there was nothing to compensate for.

*Best games in the franchise 1-2 years down the line

Basically everything you just said is incorrect.

Honestly, it's pointless to argue with a Halodrone. They'll defend their cancer to the end.

Why?

Even though the books suggested that female Sangheili were always able to enlist, but few ever did because someone had to manage the homefront. What really gets me are the people who go "who cares, it's entertainment," as if that's an excuse to assfuck the established lore. At this point, you would think that people would understand that when people are butthurt about this kind of shit, it's usually because they've consumed so much of the franchise and studied the universe to the point where an inconsistency like "oh, suddenly, female Elites" sticks out like a sore thumb.

Yeah, my fucking uncle works at Nintendo too

On PC yes. Have you played Goldeneye recently with an N64 controller and noticed how long and annoying it is when you want to get to a specific weapon? The same with Doom on the PS1. You have to cycle through a dozen weapons one at a time before you get to what you need. This is why Bungie bound changing weapons to just a button and had a two weapon limit.

What do you mean? Remedy are Microsoft's willing servant.

Casuals were a fucking mistake.

I'm not defending the two weapon limit. It's really hard to defend it to begin with since most games have moved on to using a weapon wheel and other more inventive methods of weapon selection. I'm just pointing out that the reason it was done was due to consoles.

Not anymore, their contract has expired

The only defense from a consumer standpoint is a limit on higher difficulty can force you to scavenge and experiment rather than stick to one thing or just blow through everything which then means a higher difficulty focusses less on ai and more on more hits to kill and more adds and thats not satisfying. One thing the early halo games did was use the limit to make legendary enjoyable enough, doesnt mean it was mandatory when PS3 shooters at launch tried the weapon wheel and it worked, but it works thematically better for arcadey games like serious sam or duke nukem.

But you are

What contract? They were never owned by MS. They worked with MS the same way that Rare did with Nintendo, making exclusives in exchange for the platform holder funding the marketing.

There was something to compensate for: The discrepancy in sales.

Console fps have always and will always suck massive dick. Shut the fuck up. Golden Eye sucked, Doom Snes sucked and so does fucking Halo. Kill yourself.

I haven't played it recently but Goldeneye and Duke64 are games I spent hundreds of hours on as a kid. It's not that hard, but then again you're obviously retarded so I can see how you would find it difficult.

Have you played literally any modern game recently? Switching between a handfull of guns and a handfull of powers or abilities is common as fuck in pretty much every game genre including FPS.

If the two weapon limit was Halos attempt to fix a problem with regards to controllers having too few buttons, it was a bad attempt that has been abandoned. It also was attempting to fix a problem most people didn't see. Like EVERY time something is "streamlined" or simplified for the casual audience.

Is nothing safe?

Wow, capitalism fucks things up once again, who could have guessed.

Granted, I actually kind of like Phil Spencer and appreciate the steps he's taken to save the Xbox brand, but it simply isn't enough, and Windows 10's problems bleed over and compound the problem. Unless Spencer and his superiors are willing to go above and beyond to beat Sony and prove consoles are still viable and relevant, I'm not too sure how much longer Microsoft will last before they admit defeat and pull out of the console market.

Depends.

Normalfags love windows 10 Home, the Store the apps the bing search and yes the Cortana assistant. And windows 10 was made with them in mind.

The same contract Respawn and Crytek had with EA.

Reported before the thread gets derailed.

Oh, you were probably referring to this: dsogaming.com/news/remedy-working-two-new-projects-none-related-alan-wake/
Well, maybe you're right, maybe they're ditching MS and making PS4 games or something. If so, good on them for getting out of the cuckshed.

Perfect Dark on the N64 had a weapon wheel, thankfully weapon wheels are starting to become more common so the limited weapons due to lack of buttons is no longer an excuse. Hell your character in GTA V can carry more weapons than Doomguy.

What?

that's mighty generous of you. But you got trips of truth I guess.

worse yet

Why not have Bungie develop ODST 2 & release it for the PC along with consoles?

Yep all you fags are now using Steam. You'll install win10 Home in a few years. Like pottery.

PC already died.

They held them hostage and forced them to make ODST and Reach and give up the brand or be stuck on xbox forever, theres no love between the studios.

I dunno about non-games, but games are selling like ass on the Windoze Store. Gears 4 MP on PC takes 6-7 minutes to find a match and it'll be 4v5 or 4v4.

And max paynes system worked fine too but I can see it might be a problem with faster paced shooters

did 3rd person shooters ever get better than Max Payne?

Not that I know of, after gears of war they all turned into cover shooters

Yes. See:

Vanquish.
Binary Domain.

Super bunnyhop has a good video where he puts gears, the division, gta, uncharted and the last of us side by side and they pretty much control exactly the same down to the keybinds. Variety is a dead art.

But is vanquish more character action than TPS?

It's hard for me to play Max Payne 1 & 2 these days. Being able to move in only 8 directions feels constricting.

It's both.

Numbers say something entirely different.
netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0

What the fuck am I reading?

KI is STILL the only 1st party game you get for the Xbone. Period. It also still has the highest player base too for any 1st party xbone game.

Halo is still M$ only way to compete with CoD, because M$ wants that sweet FPS dollar before the genre dies from fatigue. The only fresh modern day FPS games are Doom and Shadow Warrior.

Having an analog stick, but being arbitrarily restricted to certain directions, is frustrating. On a keyboard that's not a concern, obviously.

I mean in 1-2 years down the line. And specifically because with content updates they could easily fixed the games problems with a bit of work. But BTB is still objectively terrible and game still has no unique maps.

Its Warzone mode is quite fun and the divisibility of the weapons. But dear god PvE that is more RNG then actual skill gets old fast.

You're also (1)

Halo 4 and 5 were just wannabe call of duty game 343 fucked the franchise it should have ended with reach

do you remember the title, im having trouble finding it.

proving once again that steam users are even bigger casuals than the average joe.

Seconding request for the video title.

I was hosting Halo Online and even got access to the dedi tools, but people just preferred to play on JoJo's.

Since my Saturdays on the server schedule are now freed up, what about putting up a Halo Online thread tomorrow?

I'd be interested, not played it before though, where should I get the game files?

What the fuck happened? Is this the effect of so many reddit users posting here? You know who you fucking are, you piece of shit, yes, I'm talking to YOU, faggot, YOU are the reason this board turned to shit, this is YOUR fault

heh

Find a well and jump in.

Even my normalfag friends skip those surveys.
Only massive Valvedrones would fill it
This shit corresponds to like 7% of the userbase cancer

Theres like a dozen Halo/Bungie drones on this thread.
Theres even a single Destiny fanturd here.
Just call them out and their shit taste

>>>Holla Forums

Kill yourself.

Is this a joke? Even halo 3 had 16v16 if I'm remembering right.

It has more to do with younger and younger people posting. Being over 18 doesn't cut it anymore in regards to post quality.

Fuck you and fuck this meme.
That game isn't even better than gears of war, it's pretty much on par with that crap.

Everytime I read one of these fucking things I hope for some kind of satisfying ending but there never is.

What does it say about the industry when reboots of franchises from the '90s are considered "fresh"?

I mean, I loved Doom, but still.

oh man, bro…

Oh geez, oh man…

I remember the early days of halfchan long before shit like /vuvuzella/ and people were going "HAHA NOBODY ON Holla Forums PLAYS POKEMON STILL!"

it doesnt matter what it is people play it. You know there are people on here preordering call of duty games, they just do it in the closet.

I know man, you can always see those faggots pop out of the woodworks in a "what are you getting from steam" thread. People buying censored games, games with denuvo, games where all the original devs are gone and the company turned into cancer, games made by EA/ubisoft/activision.

Reminder that lurkers and non regulars are the silent majority and most do precisely that.

Well it all depends, I honestly don't give a shit about fitting in or whatever the current consensus is and "board culture" is a joke. I liked Halo and thought it was a cool game.

That's obvious enough.

New Coke
The entire goal of New Coke was to beat Pepsi in blind sip tests. And New Coke did beat Pepsi in blind sip tests for most Americans, in fact Coca-Cola saw a boost in sales after the release of new coke, but the reality is that the die hard fans of coke were none too pleased,
In the south, the original Coke flavor was seen as a part of a cultural identity and they fought back tooth and nail against the change.

I cannot for the life of me find any compatible numbers for the sales or even the player counts of the games as is the norm for the industry.

Coca Cola tastes like blood and pennies.

Drink water, you fags.

I drink Tea like a true brexitmun. Pepsi is for when you want to wallow in shame and order in a kebab meat pizza.

Binary Domain would have been decent if it wasn't so completely centred around the microphone gimmick.

Well I guess conceptually they aren't fresh, like new IP's or something. But Doom is a pretty different game from ye olde Doom and a novel FPS in its own right.

Never played Shadow Warrior. You are right though, there is very little initiative on the part of developers to innovate.

No, I think its upper limit was 8v8.

I hope people like this get bone cancer.

If we're continuing the New Coke comparison, does that mean they're dumbing down their newer Halo games, so that when they release something not shit everyone will eat it up? They changed the Coke formula when they reverted to it, but since everyone was happy that they stopped New Coke they didn't care.

you can play 2-3 matches of slayer and get enough points to buy a bronze or silver pack. only retards pay money for req packs. also they are only usable in one game mode and the gamemode is shit anyways. why pay for it ever

they really shouldnt be trying to make halo games that include multiplayer. they should be focusing on sidegames like halo3:ODST. THEN maybe add a coop gametype like how ODST had firefight and have the game come with maps for the MAINLINE halo game that has multiplayer.

or they can just fix master-chief collection FOR FUCKS SAKE FIX IT

I have the billion dollar idea to save Xbox One.

Make great video-games. Ain't that hard.

show some respect, kid, or i'm gonna flunk your ass

It was better when there were Coca-leafs involved in the process.

The bar right now for a great videogame is something without drm out the ass and subpar effort by 2-3 guys for a few weeks.

This is what happens when you let marketing people run your companies and head up your major projects. Everything is about ticking off back-of-the-box bulletpoints and chasing trends.

You realise your defence of it is the shame shilling defence for every freemium game ever right? You are being that guy that defends hearthstone or TF2 crates. There is no need to lower your standards to apologize for a tactic we all know exists just to milk children and whales. They never had to before, its just a tactic like EA charging for ammo in Dead Space 3 and as Ubisoft has stated with their season pass lamentations they have pushed too hard and even normalfags arent spending anymore.

Halo didn't need this to be fun before, why does it need it now?

source for this?

I feel a great deal of confusion over who really runs those companies or if they have any semblance of an authority/hierarchy structure. The CEO and their assembly/investors are the bosses yet the marketing teams end up having to convince them as if they're the real bosses, I can even paint it in my head:

it doesn't need it, warzone is a shit gametype DUE to the cards. I'm not defending it, just clarifying you can get that stupid shit without having to pay for it because that is the truth.

I understand but we both know thats not the intended function, just a formality to stop people putting off buying it.

I watched a lot of history channel specials before it became the shitty conspiracy channel. They had a whole bunch on Americana.

There is a debate to be had as to whether or not they did it on purpose. Considering they were already adding in corn syrup before the switch they could have been priming the market for a corn-cola or it could be that they were telling the truth when they said "We're not that dumb, and we're not that smart."

For the sake of Microsoft I think they are just not that smart. I don't think for a second anyone with a managerial position in their xbox division knows a damn thing about video games. They are not smart enough to fix this. I don't think for a second that there will be an Xbox Two, something tells me microsoft is going to deal with a major crisis within the next 8 years or so.

I wasn't implying you were one of them, I just read the phrase "fans of Coke" and felt immediate disgust.

Xbots and sonyggers never fail to disappoint.

Thanks.

Despite the shit single player, 5's MP is actually pretty amazing and it's got the best forge and custom game tools the series has ever had by a gigantic margin. There's weather and time of day options, placable sounds and visual effects like sparks and flames, limited texture editing, and pretty advanced scripting options.

It's almost dev-tool level good.

Halo 5 absolutely suffered from a lack of content at launch and I told all of my firends to not get it yet as a result, but that's been pretty much fixed now thanks to free updates. It's still not worth buying though because the PC version has the MP and forge for free, so there's zero reason to not just use that.

Halo's two weapon limit has nothing to do with controllers, it has to do with them trying to force players to have to weigh the pros and cons of different weapon combinations.

In any case Holla Forums's hatred for Halo has always been baffling. I get that people are mad that not a lot of games have no limit for weapons and most games have regen health now, but in Halo, those systems work fine. You should be mad at the games copying halo badly, not Halo when it actually does those things right, especially since Halo itself is an arena shooter, actually uses the entire color spectrum, and always has had a good bang for your buck value with both good single player campaigns and full multiplayer suite.

343 killing Jul off is one of the dumbest things they've ever done. The fact that people whine about the rookie dying and not this is proof that most of the people bitching about 343 don't actually know that they are talking about.

Not that 343 hasn't fucked up a lot, they have (though not as much as people say, they've done plenty right as well), but it's just that most of the people shitting on them are just doing it for the sake of it instead of the actual, legitimate things they did wrong, such as killing off Jul or how they misprotrayed rampancy in Halo 4, etc

Weapon wheels worked as far back as Turok on the N64. There's no excuse for a two weapon limit in an FPS.

at least the originals tried to be like an arena shooter. You can't trick me, marketer.

Yes there is: genre. If i am playing some game where i am a ridiculous over the top character mowing down waves its perfectly fine, but not using it isn't some massive personal attack or a lazy design choice in and of itself. The game around it decides if its shit or not. If its some arma style shit then not having a weapon wheel makes sense, its all about 'realism' such as it is. Halo isn't that but a weapon wheel should not be the only shooter option just because. It works in certain games because of the type of games they are. Shit two weapon shooters dont make the idea shit.

Considering console fps did just fine without weapon limits, I just assumed they were just lazy fucks.

Two weapon limits and health regen are shit game mechanics, whats hard to get.
No they don't work fine because those are shit game mechanics
Why can't I be mad at fucking both?
But it's not.
Too bad the gameplay is shit.
How can it be good if it has two weapon limits and health regen?

Two weapons is a bad idea in the first place. If you want more depth, make it so that picking up more weapons slows you down, just like EYE, except a bit simpler. Adds the weapon combo system talks about and grants even further decision making systems. There, fixed the problem without dumbing it down, and it took me 4 seconds to think of.

Personally i think fps' should look more into focussing on ammo types.

Take Destiny. That game stopped putting out elemental main weapons so why not take left 4 deads ammo box temporary weapon change idea so you drop a box of fire ammo so your next magazine is fire damage for example?

Theres so many other options for variance instead of 'just more weapons'.

Shit is there actually any fps where you can change things like scopes and stocks in real time and it makes a huge difference?

I agree with you on the two weapon limit, but I think you're going overboard with the health regen - in the first game, there was a shield, and your pool of health. Health did not regenerate, your shield did. I think, actually, that was a fairly acceptable way to do a sort of regeneration system for "health", having two pools where you can still get back into the fight and have a chance, yet are still penalized for sloppy play. I don't remember if Halo 2 or 3 had regen health, since I can't recall if you can see the health bars or not, but I seem to remember some kind of health packs in those games, so I think they do.

As a side note to that, two pools of health was an especially neat idea, since the devs make certain weapons more effective against each pool of health. Covenant weapons were more effective against shields, whilst UNSC weapons were more effective against straight up health.

Goldeneye: rouge agent and bioshock infinite had a similar regen health system. as in there was a armor bar and a health bar. It still sucked dick. Less than a full health regen, but it still sucked. The only time I find it acceptable is when only regen a really small part of your health, like the evil within and RE revelations 2 did. It only allowed you to survive a single enemy attack but not one of their grapples. Allowing you to stretch your resources if you git gud but not enough for you to completely rely on it as a crutch.

Obligatory at this point

Multiple sources but here is one, look for the phrase "step down", he basically was allowed to leave quietly.
archive.is/XThPY

I guess. I haven't played halo in forever, so I suppose I only have old memories to go off of anymore. Still having two separate pools of health is a cool idea, though that's not exactly unique to halo. Though, I don't know if Wolfenstein 3d or Doom had armor piercing weapons or not.

In any case, the two weapon limit and the shield regen don't make the games irredeemable. Especially if you go into the game mode editor and boost up speed. Hell, you can straight up turn off shield regen if you like, I recall. Or, at the very least, turn off shields all together.

I kind of liked sunset overdrive.

t. the one asshole who shills halo 5 and writes autisticly long unnecessarily spaced posts filled with halfchan webm's in every fucking thread
Do you have like a tracker that goes off any time the words Halo 5 are posted, or is all this autism a manual effort?

I honestly thought fallout 3 was a good game for years simply for the fact that it didn't have those two mechanics. That's how bad those mechanics are in my mind.
That like disabling quest markers, it doesn't fix the issue that the game is design around it and fucks up the difficulty because of it.

Considering the reception to Halo 5 I can only hope that they use this opportunity to get serious, they take good steps in some directions like pushing for 60FPS now and take a billion steps back everywhere else.

I also wonder if M$ will just try to ride this out considering the stigma the Xbone has is as bad as the Wii U or Vita. Nothing will save them until the next console gen, shame since the OG Xbox and 360 had good starts.

I thought they did push 60fps and said the cost was the total removal of splitscreen and local co-op?
yknow, so you buy two xbones goyim.

let them burn their own ship
who cares holy shit

The Xbox HEUG was a grossly underrated console with a great library of dreamcast left overs, its legacy doesnt deserve this. Its the console equivalent of watching WoW die. You keep watching because you used to care before it became the dudebro brand.

Damn those forge videos are impressive, if it was on PC I might have considered pirating it.

halo popularized regeneration bullshit and two weapon limit. now its dead and no one gives a fuck about halo, fuck that shit halo fags deserve it.

Nigga they've not been relevant for about as long as you have been alive.

Is this actually in the game?

Not to mention just killing off all sorts of Bungie Halo characters like The Rookie.

It plays the first time you select to play online. Gotta indoctrinate the youngin's right from minute one.

this is what i don't understand

My god what happened to bungie, how could humble people like them fall?
How much influence did activsion have over bungie for destiny?

Source? Because all I can find is him leaving for his own indie studio.

Anyway, Sins of the Prophets is out in a good state if anyone's got a halo itch but wants something new.

From leaks some internal design disagreements. I think Activsion had a part in it as well.

Considering how they're throwing out the word premium and promising native 4k rendering when no console will be able to do that without costing at least $700, they're going to run into a situation where either no one wants their console again or a repeat of the Xbox One announcement. You know it is bad when they had to tell one of their employees who was shit talking the Pro to shut the hell up.

I see M$ selling off the Xbox brand more than I see them going another generation. When the higher ups finally accept that the Windows 10 store is a failure along with Windows 10 it will be when we see the decision come down.

Apparently buying exclusive after exclusive resulted in Xbox 360 never turning a profit for them.

Do tell!

See
Try reading threads before you post in them, you fucking idiot.

That's not the studio head, that's the head of development. Studio head is that cunt Bonnie Ross who insisted on pozzing Halo 5 with cultural enrichment and feminism. I thought maybe I'd see some good news about someone telling her to fuck off.

That could pretty much be used to show the difference between older real game developers and the pretenders we have now.

Sorry.
What's the difference between a studio head and head of development?

studio head would be most powerful aside from executives who control the money.
head of development is probably in charge of all the programmers or something. still management but lower on the chain of command.

I assume kiki wolfkill (executive producer) was dissatisfied with halo 5's performance because her pockets weren't lined with enough profits, and said "bonnie what the fuck" and bonnie went "well i'm not getting fired" and decided to blame the next guy down on the ladder instead.

Here's a link that details a lot of the changes: reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2hqmkb/how_destinys_content_completely_changed_over_the/

Original game was vastly better with more openings, character development and better lore. For instance the Traveler was the bad guy.

Thanks for reminding me that a decade has passed since halo 3.

for pc and win10 only from the microshit store 60 dollars plus another 60 dollars for dlc

Was it Kiki Wolfkill? Please say it was.

In console warring, sales only matter when your console is on top. Sonyfags loved the sales argument on PS2 era, but it didn't count for the Wii. Now, since the Wii U had poor sales, it suddenly matters again.

Have you played Titanfall 2 man? It's pretty neat.

F

I fucking love the Halo 2 special edition, because it showed a REAL documentary about making the game. The one they shit out for 3 was half sucking their own dicks, and half marketing speak for a game I'd already bought the fucking premium edition of.

What other games have neat documentaries of their production? Not those goddamn ViDocs, those are a cancer and never show anything substantial.

Also, it just feels comfy watching SD footage of dudes working on CRT monitors and stuff. So I guess some of the Halo 3 documentary was ok. It just felt a lot less… meaty and real.

Yeah it says the WiiU was an even bigger irrelevant failure then previously thought.

There's a dev commentary on Halo:CE in case you haven't seen it. I found it real comfy and they seemed like real bros.

I miss Jason Jones

Anyone have that massive image montage of the whole shitstorm we had over JewSense?

They did one for Halo 2 as well.

Losing Marty was really the final blow for Bungie, now I can only look for a new company to rely on.

No visuals, but the first Sly game has commentary on each level where they talk about how they designed it. You either need to 100% or do the levels's master thief sprint to unlock it though.

Do you know anything about Buddhism by chance?
Buddhism identifies the root of suffering to attachment. So long as you try to find a company to rely on you will end up suffering loss because they will inevitably fall from grace or cease to exist.
Now what you should only do is not look for a new company to rely.

I hear that a lot, but it's definitely hard. I've done better with people and companies I used to trust turning to complete shit or straight up insulting me as a person, but I feel like I need something I can rely on to give me consistent results.

I've had friends fall into legit depression because they believe the meme that nothing made today is any good, all because the things that were once good are now shit.

show them B2's thighs and anus.

Also as a side reminder, there is also Operation Trebuchet for Arma 3 and it's actually really well done at making you feel insignificant.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=769440155

They finished that?

It's in a playable state, plus there's a second mod someone made for it called OPCAN that expands it to include the main Bungie era marine patterns.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=573661440

have you ever thought that being on a image board doesn't necessarily mean you are a no life basement dweller like many people want to think?
For instance i usually browse this board when i am back home with my laptop on bed a moment before going to sleep.
the plebs stay on Goybook, we stay on Holla Forums, it doesn't imlpy anything else, it's not like a being being a neet is "requirement" to be here.

The big issue with familiar Coke drinkers was that New Coke replaced the Classic formula. New Coke was about as sweet as Pepsi, making both sweeter than Classic Coke.

Source?

If your image is what it took to get to moderate soda, like anything enjoyable, you should be sterilized for the sake of the human race's collective IQ average.

The health regen makes plenty of sense when you consider what they were going for. Since Halo was on console they opted to have a slower movement speed because it's hard to keep up with fast targets accurately with a toggle, *just look at how much issue a lot of people are having aiming in console overwatch right now* so they slowed it down. A lot. Then most likely decided to scrap the health pack system afterward when they realized that keeping it with such a slow movement speed was a fucking slog on bigger maps and as a result slowed down the games pace to a crawl.

I also don't think health regen is quite as cancerous as CoD's popularization of low TTK and over-designed maps. It's literally forced 50% to its extreme. At least with the changes Halo brought along there were areas to focus in to provide depth and create skillgaps, but each subsequent CoD release actually eliminated depth and were intentional efforts to level out the skillgap.

Halo was a good game fuck you.

The Wii might had the most hardware sales, but software-wise the PS3 and Xbox 360 outsold it just for the Cowadudees and GTAs alone. Also, the Wii was a Gen 6 console that came out way too late.

I like Halo

pretty cool stuff there. I don't think a lot of PC gamers realize games like tf2 would have been dead in the water if halo 3 had a PC release at the time.

fucking this. i don't even like halo but saying it "always sucked" is like saying elvis never did anything for music

Hey Holla Forums, whats a game that has pretty colours, decent/good sound design and vehicle gameplay that's better than Halo? Should I go back to Planetside 2?

play the demo of Halo, which is just Silent Cartographer.

There, you have gotten all the best parts of Halo and no longer need to play the rest of the game. The Flood are shit, the copypasted rooms are shit.

The disparity in sales is irrelevant, despite the cost of both consoles being near the same, the WiiU is much cheaper to produce and market, the parts, graphic components and production personel cost about 1/3 of what it costs to make every unit of an Xbone 6 gorillion. The WiiU is also mostly manufacture and distributed in japan, eliminating costs related to trasnport, whereas the xbone is faced with problems with shipping all across europe, with bad sales, high taxes and logistical problems.

Fucking poetry.

Reading that shit always pisses me off since I was in a similar situation once. It's always infuriating because she's getting love and security out of him and sex and excitement out of the friend and they're both just okay with it because they're just that fucking desperate. Goddamnit I hope that guy dropped her like a sack of fucking bricks and she regrets fucking it up to this day.

I hate women.

Get over it. You got your health and trips, what more do you need?

UT2K4 is always the correct answer.

You honestly think Halo 3 would have outrun The Orange Box? Aside from people shitting themselves over both Episode 2 and Portal which would have acted as gateway drugs to TF2, the games are fairly different and, given how slow Halo is, TF2 is much better suited to the PC. Couple that with the updates Valve put out and the jewishness of Microsoft regarding post-game support, not to mention they had fucking subscription fees for GFWL at this point in time, and you must be either high or delusional to think Halo 3 would have had a large impact much less completely eradicated any popularity TF2 had on its own.

I am over it. I learned to not put myself in those sorts of situations and actually pay attention to the intentions of people around me.

I only ever really get pissed about it when I see/hear of other people going through that stuff. I mean, I said I hate women, but women are only that way because a lot of men encourage situations like that.

A majority of people suck.

Microsoft insults their customers yet again.

Windows 7 “launch parties".

youtube.com/watch?v=1cX4t5-YpHQ

This is likely true, but in more of a "no shit the microsoft game for the glorified windowsbox is going to have a windows version" way than a leak way.

It's safe to believe in all bad rumors about Microsoft.

The Iron sights in 5 is litterally just zoom made to look like ADS. It behaves litterally identically to zoom in past halo games

I outright advocated against buying the game in the post.

Halo is absolutely an arena shooter. Everybody starts with the same guns and weapons and powerups are placed on the map, with a focus on map control and platforming as part of the map design.

How else do you define what an arena shooter is?

Have you considered that maybe I have the webms at that size and without sound so I don't have to split them up into separate posts?

It is on PC, I outright fucking mentioned how you should just play the free PC port instead of buying the game in that post. Did you even read it?

The only Bungie characters 343 has killed off that aren't litterally whos is the Rookie, Paragonsky, and Black team.There's no mass effort to kill off existing characters, and aside from Mickey's dumb motivations, there was nothing wrong with the Rookie's death (He wasn't ever going to show up again in any relavent manner anyways, at least with him dead he can't have his character ruined by becoming an S4 and it allows him to be narratively useful one last time, and they can still make stories about shit he did as an ODST if they want to even with him dead( and Paragonsky in universe was like 91 years old anyways.

Black team's death is a bit more questionable and pointless, but even then anything they could have done with Black team they can still do with Gray Team.

I still can't believe that Jason Jones, Marty, and Joe Staten are all gone from bungie, and Marty of all people got fucking fired. If you had told me this would happen a decade ago I would have laughed at you.

I was very excited for sins of the prophets since the devs said they would release the models for people to use and mess with once the mod was done but they've reneged on that and it killed a lot of my excitement for it.,

You both forgot Marxsoft got hit with antitrust violations and lost. But the US Supreme Cuck reversed their own decision citing an excuse not far from "too big to fail". The original judgement was to split up Marxcuck into two companies. One focused solely on the OS. The other would work on software not related to the OS. IRC there was supposed to be a third part to that split focused on the internet services. The Justice department also abandoned the case after Gates cried cucktears in board meetings because the ruling stressed him. Reminds me what happened to another powerful person that didn't get their way.

this post triggered a lot of people, but nothing more needs to be said about the first halo

ah here's what many dont know, Halo 5 had a small shit funding from the beginning, those cunts from Halofollower did say they got the info from an insider source. So it was bound to suck from the beginning.

They're completely different games, that's like saying if Ratchet and Clank came out on PC then Max Payne wouldn't have been popular.

Sweet downboat.

No user
you are the redditor

lol triggered

Titanfall 2, depending on how you classify vehicles.

red

it

space

ing

after

every

sentence

makes

your

read

garbage

does it matter though? i mean, let's say that microsoft split into two, microsoft and xbox (because they aren't really making any software outside of windows and the xbone anymore). all splitting them into two companies would do is obfuscate earnings reports etc for the investor and consumer, and double the taxes that microsoft would have to pay. i can see how a judge would be persuaded to let that one go, since really it's just punishing a company for being successful

Have you considered that you have autism?

No. It would have a severe effect. They'd have to do a stock reissue, and each company would be really separate. They wouldn't be allowed to collude or coordinate their strategies together; it would prevent them from acting as monopolistic as they currently do. It's not supposed to be a punishment, it's supposed to be a market-correcting measure.

Halo came from pandering to the lowest common denominator and it is only fitting that that is where it returns.

I haven't, but I heard there is dimension hopping, which sounds cool.

breaking up a company into divisions wouldn't double their taxes, you have no idea what you're talking about. Corporate tax loopholes are about moving your money around in the proper fashion, this would have no effect on that.
besides, right now microsoft is so fucked because of their zero-sum evaluations, where divisions actively sabotage other divisions in order to make themselves look better, that they would probably do better if they were split up at this point.

I accidentally added the linebreak, which would be obvious if you had a brain since in the second greentext in the post I didn't add a linebreak.

It's autistic to not want to have to make 5 seperate posts shitting up a thread? You are the one getting your jimmies rustled at the filesize of the webms I posted, I think you need to look in the mirror.

I keep hearing people say this game is good, which is really suspect to me. The first game was shit and the new one doesn't look any different.

Its not, dont fall for the "but its good this time". One could even argue its worse than 1

I didn't look at those videos to prevent them from getting a click, but holy shit, that utter sellout cuckold Frankie sold the last shred of dignity he had by putting Mister Chief in an official video.

Fuck him with a rake, and fuck Jason Jones for letting Bungie become what they hated.

Does the game not use analog functionality or something? Most games that use analog sticks for control have way more precision than that, hence analog sticks - as in - range of values versus digital I/O.

Should have ended with 3, but Reach would have been an appropriate point as well, because it was a legitimately creative idea from its inception.

Games can be bad, but fun. This is a simple concept, but you must be even simpler to not comprehend it.

You deserve pain.

Thanks user, can't stop smiling. Here's another good one.

Microsoft fucked up letting Bungie go.

If they were smart, they would've paid out the ass to keep Bungie on board with Halo. I know Bungie staff wanted to move onto other projects, but money talks and Microsoft could've dumped enough into Bungie's pocket that the guys who wanted other games could've worked on those, while Bungie in general continued on Halo.

That was an option for Microsoft and if they had done that, I would probably still be a Bungie / Halo fanboy with an xbox.

Now, Bungie is dead. Activision completed the corporate takeover and ousted all the old Bungie management, and I don't own an xbox anymore, nor do I have plans to ever buy another one. 343i, the cheaper option for Microsoft, have also completely fucked over both Halo's storyline and gameplay worse than anything Bungie could've done in their worst nightmares.

Now Microsoft is left with nothing big to draw people to their platform. They've fucked themselves over trying to play the game with a "low-risk" AAA title at second-rate prices using a completely unknown brand-new development team. They haven't invested anything into brand new risky IP's either - though that's possibly because the entire videogame market has degenerated to such a degree that "high risk" IP's don't even exist anywhere else but kickstarter.

Halo 1 wasn't normalfag sci-fi (at least, normalfag sci-fi at the time was nothing like what Halo 1 presented); the game was extremely hard sci-fi compared to what was typical, and a lot of the universe wasn't fleshed out, leaving tons of room for great ideas to flourish in the minds of fans.

But they screwed the pooch with Halo 2. Completely fucked the story, and ruined a lot of the mystery of the setting. Halo 3 started back on the right track, but Halo 2 dragged it down a lot. Halo Reach honestly shouldn't have existed - not because it was bad or anything, I actually felt it was good enough to put just under Halo 3 in quality, but Halo didn't need any more main-line games like that. Should've been left to side-games like ODST and Halo Wars after Halo 3.

Unfortunately, coming up with a new, and good, game idea is pretty tough. Especially when you've dedicated so much time to one specific genre and setting.

Time hoppingIt's only for one level, but it's a big level. They have gimmicks for all the levels, so it doesn't get lonely.seriously, buy it, it's better than any alternative out there right now

Microsoft didn't make DLC popular - that was Bethesda.

Horse armor for Oblivion wasn't the first DLC ever, but it was the testbed DLC for big corporations who wanted to see how it'd play out.

And they made 1+ million fucking dollars off the horse armor dlc. That literally sealed the deal right then and there. Almost every single fucking game since then has had paid DLC.

I finished it thrice without even using that gimmick, what are you on about?

They basically tuned everything about it. Try a demo, or one of the free weekends, it's worth it.

Are you one of the faggots who bitches about them removing custom loadouts? The balancing was godawful in 1.

Halo 1 was going to be an open world shooter.

I only remember this because I'm old enough to have been paying attention to the game's hype while it was being worked on, when it was going to be released on the mac before Microsoft bought the studio out. (A lot of people were angry about that btw)

Not saying that it was definitively for-sure going to be an open-world shooter, but that's what some of the speculation about it was (we didn't have a lot to go on). Imagine it as Planetside 2, except Covenant vs UNSC and fought over the entire surface of the Halo ring.

We've seen since then the actual behind-the-scenes development, and the game was fucking all over the place in what it was going to be. I'm absolutely certain it would never have come out, nor been a success, if Bungie hadn't sold out to Microsoft.

Correct. Even with an analog stick, you can only move in the 4 cardinal directions and 4 diagonal directions. It's not really a deal-breaker, but it is makes the game kind of jarring to go back to.

I think it looks alright, but I'm not touching origin with a ten foot pole. Titanfall could be the best game of this gen and I still wouldn't buy it.

Jesus fuck these are awesome.

Adding a "you go girl" moment to virtue signal to female "fans" of the game. Who, of course, know absolutely nothing about the Halo lore and only play because of the popularity.

The PS3 port of Painkiller is better than the PC, deal with it.

"What's that? Our Battlefield sales are just as high as ever? And that new game we tried failed? Guess noone wants fast gameplay or robots, back to the grindstone"

You are why EA is bad. GJ.

Activision doesn't own Bungie. They don't get to appoint Bungie's management.
Also, MS has invested in a few new IPs, like Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive–they just flopped.

No. Not even by the standards of 2001. They could have potentially made it hard sci-fi, but they opted for a space opera with a military theme on top–which is fine, it works, it's just not hard sci-fi.

Yeah, and Bethesda did it on Microsoft's platform. They were both responsible, in the same way that Bethesda and Valve are both responsible for trying to push paid mods.

It was going to be an RTS at first.

What you're trying to describe is Blizzard.

That didn't stop non-bungie managers from taking the management positions over. Or did you miss the whole lawsuit issue with Marty? The company had, effectively, a forced takeover of management. Wither Bungie's original upper management either being driven out or in Marty's case, fired.

Basically all the rest of your post is dumb bullshit.

No, what I am describing is Bungie.

If the rest of the talent hasn't left yet, they will after Destiny 2.

Bungie is a private company, they aren't susceptible to hostile takeovers.
But if I had to guess, I'd wager that Destiny's development is actually being handled by a joint venture between Activision and Bungie, which would give both companies a hand in ownership and management. In practice, most of the people on the development team would be Bungie employees as well as employees of the new joint venture, so Activision's control would be disproportionate.

I think you mean "100% correct."

Who fucking cares? The halo series was never good to begin with. Marathon was also a mediocre croc of shit. Bungie was already pretty bad at making fps games.

Agreed, its unfortunate that halo cucks cannot stop sucking master queef's microdick.