Gaming keyboard?

good gaming keyboards? I need to know, ordering off amazon and my budget is pretty large so price isnt a big deal

pic related, le meme rainbow keyboard

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=gay sex online&oq=gay sex online&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61.2695j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
google.com/search?q=gay sex online 2&oq=gay sex online 2&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60.2791j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
amazon.com/Rosewill-Mechanical-Keyboard-RK-9000V2-BR/dp/B00S5E4LX0
amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Black-Cherry-CH-9000067-NA/dp/B00IYJD5CY
amazon.com/Logitech-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard-920-007857/dp/B01CDYB8F6/ref=pd_cp_147_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FY8QBXQW9H8BPFAG8101
amazon.com/Logitech-Orion-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B00N3OELPU/ref=pd_cp_147_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=358NFR0YT4DQAD97YH6G
amazon.com/Corsair-RAPIDFIRE-Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlit/dp/B01D8H09TS
amazon.com/Das-Keyboard-Professional-Mechanical-DASK4MKPROSIL/dp/B00JG01QTY
amazon.com/CM-Storm-QuickFire-XT-Mechanical/dp/B00EQV0W02
amazon.com/gp/product/B014W1ZAFM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
amazon.com/Corsair-RAPIDFIRE-Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlit/dp/B01D8H09LQ?th=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pls help

Razer is shit, avoid

i know i was just posting it cause it's literally a meme keyboard

Buy one with n key rollover and ps/2 and you are good. Mechanical is a meme and pc gaming is shit.

the least gimmicky keyboard you can find with actual switches

some fucking retard will bring up the cherry mx switches infograph of some kind and it will say blues are great for typing but reds are great for gaming, which IS FUCKING RETARDED ITS THE EXACT SAME MOTION WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS RETARD THINKING

t. poorfag

Cherry Browns are my go-to switches. They have the right feel and give and make that clicky-clacky sound that I look for in a keyboard.
Avoid Razer, they are poo. Logitech I'm a bit iffy on. I'm currently using a CoolerMaster Storm and it's great but it doesn't have any fancy lights on it or anything.

someone fucking link me something before I shoot myself over my own inability to find decent products

google.com/search?q=gay sex online&oq=gay sex online&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61.2695j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

thanks i needed that

google.com/search?q=gay sex online 2&oq=gay sex online 2&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60.2791j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

ok *cums*

This is close to what I'm using at the moment.
amazon.com/Rosewill-Mechanical-Keyboard-RK-9000V2-BR/dp/B00S5E4LX0

This is similar but has pretty lights and a removable wrist-rest if you want/need that.
amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Black-Cherry-CH-9000067-NA/dp/B00IYJD5CY

This one is probably the nicest. You can customise the LEDs pretty extensively and choose between Cherry Reds or Browns when you order.
amazon.com/Logitech-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard-920-007857/dp/B01CDYB8F6/ref=pd_cp_147_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FY8QBXQW9H8BPFAG8101

And for the be-all end-all there is this fucking monstrosity. It doesn't use Cherry switches though, so quality may vary.
amazon.com/Logitech-Orion-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B00N3OELPU/ref=pd_cp_147_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=358NFR0YT4DQAD97YH6G

I use a Corsair k70 Rapidfire which use the Cherry MX Speed switches, its breddy gud.

amazon.com/Corsair-RAPIDFIRE-Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlit/dp/B01D8H09TS

amazon.com/Das-Keyboard-Professional-Mechanical-DASK4MKPROSIL/dp/B00JG01QTY

amazon.com/CM-Storm-QuickFire-XT-Mechanical/dp/B00EQV0W02

Pick one. Both are better than anything linked in this thread.

Use a normal keyboard. In most games you can bind to the function keys now and also the numberpad so there is no point in a "gaming" keyboard. Mice on the other hand…but even then the usefulness is dubious at best.

i think I've decided on this? it good?

amazon.com/gp/product/B014W1ZAFM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

No. Reds are absolutely worthless for both typing and gaming. Browns and Clears are the only cherry switches that are even remotely acceptable for gaming.

yee, just be sure to get one with different switches since red aren't gud as said, I'd also reccomend the RGB variant for moar colors, but it's entirely up to you mang.

On a semi-related note, does anyone have the infographic about the types of switches for mechanical keyboards.

tbh im just really infatuated with whatever those red caps on WAS/friends are

what are these cherry switches y'all are talking about? i dont know shit about keyboards

Plenty of keyboards have those switchable keys, in fact the CMStorm I mentioned earlier also has them. They come with a little tool that clicks over the key and lifts it up so you can swap it as needed.

Can't post the switch gif because cripplechan is shitting the bed again. This'll have to do.

😂👌

Maybe it's the type of keyboard you have, but I have cherry mx browns and the things are quiet as hell

I love how you don't have to push the key all the way down for it to activate

reds are gayming meme switches

i ordered this with browns, seemed like the best bet for me

They can be quiet, but I tend to be quite a hard typer. I hit each key quite deliberately so that they bottom out and spring back up of their own accord. I also type quite fast so it becomes a rather staccato sound. I'm typing a bit more slowly and deliberately now and the noise has dropped considerably.
Browns are an excellent middle point to get in to mechanical keyboards. From here you can decide if you want more or less of your click or your clack.

I fucking hate the clicky sounds which is why i opted for browns. The fact that they activate at such a shallow press is good for typing (for me) because I'm a very light typer only tapping keys.

When I game though I bottom them the fuck out though

I got one of these as a christmas present as my first mechanical keyboard. I'm liking it so far.

When I was working at best buy I tried so hard to talk a british kid (really 17/18 years old) and his mom from spending 150 bucks on a razer keyboard by saying "I dunno I guess it's a good keyboard, but for your money you could buy a standard mechanical keyboard for more than half the cost, plus this one doesn't have extra keys, so you can keybind macros for MMOs and what not". He blankly stared me in the eyes and told me "but the colors are really pretty, they'll go good with my desktop.

Needless to say, I gave up hope and told him, "well there's nothing else on the market that'll go as well with your computer like this" then him and his mom proceeded to buy a 125 dollar headset with it and a mouse.

I was never more disgusted at the waste of money

He most likely goes to half/v/
God the keyboard threads there use to be horrible
Like the ones here except even worse

I used to have a logitech media keyboard but cleaning it was always a pain in the ass so I went for the one I posted earlier. The only thing I hate is the Logitech software that doesn't show you on screen when you mute the sound.

He probably did, greasy hair, kinda hunch backed, was saying it'd come in handy for typing up papers

I was utterly disgusted

got o-rings?

how is it not a meme?

Slim keyboard master race!

I use a waterproof membrane keyboard as my main one

this guy gets it

That layout is practically identical to the Corsair K70 RGB down to the media buttons & volume wheel. Only difference is that it has an enclosure rather than mounting the keys/switches on top of a single piece of metal. I think that font on the keys is too big & kinda sucks in some areas, but with a different cap set it would be a nice alternative to the K70 RGB for anyone who wants a proper enclosure.

I only have two mechanical keyboards. The first Ducky Shine & the Corsair K70 RGB. I'd like to have a Varmilo VB87M for wireless mechanical. I only see those on MassDrop though.

I'd suggest you OP go make a MassDrop account & look at the keyboards section. It's where all the autistic mechanical keyboard enthusiasts vote on what neat keyboard they wanna mass buy with others. There's all kinds of nice-looking mechanical keyboards showing up in there, but first, you should know your switches before buying any mech keyboard.

I have a Logitech K810 with low profile scissor switches which is nice enough, but a full-sized mechanical keyboard is far nicer to type on. The full sized keys, the amount of travel, the satisfying "clack", it's all much nicer.

yeah but the price though
I like scissor switches not having much travel, but still giving you enough of a feeling when they're pressed

A full sized mech KB can be cheap if you don't want any pretty lights n' shit.

Low profile scissor switches are more consistent & less mushy than a shitty membrane board, but with that lack of travel I personally would rather use a proper full-profile board. Which is why I want a Varmilo VB87M, to replace my K810, since it's bluetooth as well, but a full-profile mechanical keyboard.

The perfect keyboard for us Gamers­™

Dziękuję doktorze :^)

Unicomp brand IBM Model-M clone. This is the correct answer for every keyboard thread. It will always be the correct answer for every keyboard thread.

Realforce series is pretty nice as long as you don't get variable weights.

Had two of those CM Storm XT keyboards. Both lost their rubber feet after less than half the year, because of shit glue. Both also got fucked on the keyboard-side USB reciever after 11 months. Three second one, I opened up, and the soldering for the USB thing was hollow. Just an empty bubble, with a thin layer of tin around it. Managed to repair it myself, with some equipment and advice from my uncle, but I'm not getting one of those again, even if I liked the switches, winkey lock, and detachable USB cable

i am also using this memeboard but this version amazon.com/Corsair-RAPIDFIRE-Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlit/dp/B01D8H09LQ?th=1

is that the buckling spring one?
how's your hearing?

Underrated post. You don't need a mechanical or NKRO keyboard to play games, actually fuck mechanical clicks because it only makes them louder.

"Gaming" anything is a meme designed to sell you overpriced shit made of cheap crap for maximum profit because BRAND!!
Gaming keyboards, gaming mice, gaming headsets, gaming systems…
Do you want something from a company that spends the majority of what you pay them on more marketing, or from a company that puts what you pay them into improving their actual product?

I need a keyboard for under €20, I've been using my current one for years and the keys are starting to stick.
My most pressed key is becoming my erase key.

Late to the party but I like mechanical keyboards because they feel more 'crisp' when you push them. Personal preference, tbh. I'm using a razer blackwidow because it's about the only big mouse I can find. It's suffering when you palm-finger length is 21cm. Even the blackwidow is fucking small for me.,

pls respond

Thanks doc

Not much, honestly. Rummage around for a mechanical, you might get a second hand cheap-but as others have said, a 'gaming' keyboard is a mechanical keyboard with sparklies and a big markup. I work in an electrical goods shop so I at least get a discount on them. Otherwise, you can probably buy a decent membrane keyboard.

You're part of the cancer.

It doesn't have to be mechanical, it just has to be decent.

Just buy a normal keyboard; the only major distinction is which keys it has (numpad is a must).

Gaming mice, on the other hand, do tend to be better unless you go for the million buttons meme – they tend to be ergonomic (a major factor) and have a button for switching the DPI (not much important, but nice to have). Other than those two advantages over a regular mouse, they have nothing either.

Ducky Zero

Ducky is best price/quality IMO and avoids looking like stereotypical gamer gear. I have a Shine 5 because I kinda like rgb and I love it.

Das Keyboard

Can "gaming keyboards" even do the hold both shifts and type THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG thing?

Just got one of these for xmas. It's pretty fucking legit.

THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
-Corsair Rapidfire RGB (And it better given it has anti-ghosting shit)