Military Sims

What made OFDR fail? I remember it being pretty fun.

Also, what are you Operatin?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/y73U5
discord.gg/QuEdeuA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because everyone who loved original operation flashpoint was playing ARMA and OPFDR felt like a generic shooter.

Insurgency is pretty cool.
It's somewhat close combat but is still worth playing.
you also have to buy it

In what way though? I've never played the original OF.

It's fun but sometimes I feel like the combat became too fast to feel realistic. Like people just charge in without a care and play more recklessly like they do in CoD.

CodeMasters did the opposite of what Bohemia did with Arma 2, it went for the console audience, tried to lock down everything from servers to mods and focus on shitty casual gamemodes, like in Red River.
It also has less depth and a smaller scale than Arma 2 due to console limitations, it was much more polished though, especially in comparison with Arma 2 at launch.
Sold more copies in short term compared with Arma 2 but the later sold much more on the long run.
And even more with the sequel

Oh… That's why. This was when CoD was the seller back then right? Fuck, why do casual shit ruin things. I should go play the original OF actually.

i liked that game but so many maps were fucking sniper-hell

These people tend to die a lot. I personally love Cooperative modes best except Conquer, Conquer a shit
Also are flight Sims welcome? Anyone here play DCS?

Might as well play Arma user

Unless you want to test shit like this

I play DCS, I play mostly on OpenConflict and on ACG Cold War. Just got the MiG 21 and learning the ropes. That thing is unstable when you get to low speeds.
I wish the SU-27 had full fidelity cockpits already

I do but I usually play KoTH on german servers.

Better question why Arma 3 doesn't have that awesome dynamic warfare that Arma 2 had?

What can I do with Arma 3 and how fun is it without friends, these are essential when you only have money for one game. How does it compare to Arma 2.

Holy shit. Fucking wet dream right there. I know one of the original ARMA's had a 40k mod that was alright, are there any other good ones? 40k mods I mean.

It can be fun without friends if you like to mess around with the editor. There's also player made scenarios that allow you to generate missions. You could always go online and play with others if you're bored play by yourself or you could also ask us to play with you since some of us are also pretty lonely :(

There's a mod for Arma 3 that tries to achieve that actually, called "Dynamic Universal War System".

It was fucking ugly as hell

Elabore
Besides the shit brown filter the game still looks good and theres hi res textures and details
Then again, every game is poorly optimized and looks like shit nowadays with some small exceptions.

No one gives ID and if they do there's a chance they want to do gay shit.

DUWS works well but it's limited to the one faction, one map and there are no options for a lot of things like what kind of units will be used and intensity of the conflict.

True, but its possible to change the faction and the map but you have to do some fiddling around with the files according to the author.

Dont you wanna do some gay shit with us user?

sage for double posting

I'm playing Project Reality. There are still populated servers and in certain cases it isn't populated by idiots.

Game has aged but still it is an awesome experience. Too bad Squad sucks, all I wanted is PR with Insurgency gunplay but not the fucking clone of Insurgency.

it looks great

Because Codemasters fucked up and tried to make that shit for consoles while completing missing everything that made OFP/ArmA-games good.

Just get Squad in that case if you have no interest in joining a unit that plays regularly.

Bullshit, Squad is essentially clone of Project Reality, except with far less assets as the whole thing is still alpha.

Squad looks bland and I didn't like it, it's also linear control points compared to PR which is just realistic and deep Battlefield with real-life factions and is just more organic & easier to slip into. Also being on Steam it's easy to grab for retards.

What about Squad that you don't like

Getting SQUAD during the sales, but I also have ARMA and PR (which I actually didnt play much, since I have no one to play with)
Do you fags have a steam group or something?

Depends if you mean homosexual which I won't be down for you fucking degenerate heathen.

It's not hard to set it to a separate map and faction.

One of the first things I did with it was change the enemy to Russians because I can't fucking stand the vanilla Opfor. As with most mission making and scripting in the Arma series: It's piss-easy, but extremely tedious.

Bluedrake pls go

I suppose like most shooters, it's not very fun without a couple of buddies to banter and coordinate with. The highlights of the Arma series has always been to play in a small team of guys and carve out your own little area of the map.

Arma 2 is pretty much dead as far as the multiplayer goes. The best Wasteland servers (CGG) were pulled months ago and their replacements are just not as well done. Arma 3 still has some really good servers running so there's that. Arma 3 also has built-in mod support, meaning you don't need third party software to download mods and play on a server. Having said that, Arma 3 is still really expensive and riddled with ((( DLC ))) that can spoil shit.
I.E.

If you're asking about singleplayer, again Arma 3 would probably be the better solution because Arma 2 doesn't have anything new coming out and can be hard to acquire scripts or info for mission-making. Although IMO Arma 2 still has better AI mods than Arma 3, mostly just because I like the animations from Arma 2 better than Arma 3. It makes the AI in Arma 3 feel even more robotic than in previous titles.

I hosted OFP with some missions I edited to make playable again. I got lazy with the scripts though because the group I was playing with wasn't exactly reliable. It was fun while it lasted.

I remember there being the occasional thread where Holla Forums get together and play project reality.

Oh come now user, don't you know that we're all degenerates here?

Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong door, the rope store is two blocks down.

We still got our group together in the discord discord.gg/y73U5 but due to people bleeding off we only play PR once or twice a week or so

1. How much fun is it alone jumping into multiplayer and how do mulitplayer modes function, is there a server browser and you sort modes or what. Atlas Life is DarkRP cancer so what's the rest.
2. Is Apex good.

But you got to appreciate the latest changes they did with the editor though. It makes mission creation much more easy. Also, just looked up Bluedrake, is he an autist?

There is a serverbrowser both in game and the launcher. You can sort by gamemodes but its mostly official gamemodes. If you want something specific like Altis life or etc, you're gonna search for the name. Apex is good for the most parts. Much better than the weapon or heli dlc they pushed out. It adds a tropical island and the AK. The singleplayer mode is bullshit.

It's shit, don't waste your money on it.

he owns one of the more popular serbers on PR but everyone knows he´s a sperg and makes fun of and shittalks him on his own serb constantly

It's arma faggot, there's no concrete "official" gamemodes. Though the popular ones seem to be

These are basically the pubbie gamemodes for plebs, if you want more objective-based games you need to join a community.

It's meh. The shitty thing about it is the retarded modding community making missions and mods for it making it necessary if you want to play on some servers.

Yes.

This will always be the case in games with no real permadeath. If you want people to play incredibly cautiously, you have to raise the stakes. Have to balance risk/reward.

Or even make it so that there's a huge penalty for dying. Whenever I play games like those, it really pumps the adrenaline.

Can you post a permanent invite? I forgot about the thread and I cant join now

discord.gg/QuEdeuA

Got Operation Flashpoint for free on 360 a while back, I never touched it. It looked so incredibly generic that I thought I was being gypped that month for receiving a bargain bin game. I downloaded it again though, I needed games to fill up my 2TB hard drive. Is it any good?

Squad has a long way to go still, I wish I had gotten Siege instead. At least that looks fun.

Last night I was dicking around on a night map in Squad. How the fuck do you get anything done when you can't see shit? As far as I know there's no NVGs yet.
Have to say though, the game looks amazing.

Insurgency is really nice. If it wasn't for all those weapon skins in the workshop to throw around I would have gotten bored of it much sooner. It's leaning more towards counter strike though as speed is favored over tacticool.

Someone thats well positioned will fuck you up if you try to rush beyond 5 meters.
Insurgency is all about tactical positioning and flanking.

Not to your degree.

You forgot how they gimped the graphics for consoles so far that you had a fixed 60 FOV and getting close to anything or trying to see at night resulted in textures that looked like soft mud

Holla Forums should set aside some time to get old school with ins: modern infantry combat, seeing as most servers died nearly half a decade ago
2008-2010 was the heyday
I wonder what happened to the guy who did the music for the game, since it was top notch and sticks with you unlike most games with generic_menu_track.wav

Plus INS:MIC had the absolute best version of Sinjar, for some reason they can't seem to recreate it in the new game. It might have something to do with their constant fucking around with objective placement and inability to have open spaces without autistically placed cover everywhere.

back to the front page with you

SOONer
Like in a year or two

looks like a shitty unity game

You look like a shitty unity game.