Make smash not shit

You're suddenly the head of the new Smash game for the Switch and you can do whatever you want as long as it's still smash in the end.

What would you change from the current version of smash to make it appeal to casuals and competitive players alike?

R I D L E Y

This guy gets it

This definitely.

I would remove all current Fire Emblem characters except Marth and give Ganondorf Ike's moveset. Zero Suit would lose the heels because that isnt a fucking thing in Metroid. Third Parties would all come back except Cloud. Remove Dark Pit. Bring back Ice Climbers. Add Waluigi. Bring back the physics and speed of Melee. Keep current online but add a real ranking system. Bring back Subspace Emissary.

Can anyoneexplain to me why there are so many fire emblem characters on super smash?

Eliminate any and all tourney shit.

Keep Sakurai as far away from the project as possible.

My guess is that Nintendo is trying to get casuals to play FE for some reason.

Also why they're "localizing" the game by Treehouse.

Cancel it.

Give kirby angry eyebrows, all the time.

Speaking of kirby, give him like a mech

Bring all the big guys who couldn't make it in the last game. The little characters get turned into support items this time.

The mech should have angry eyebrows too

The game is not shit unless you take it way too seriously, in other words if you ain't a FC fan

1. I think characters should be meaningfully different, so I'd get rid of all the clones.
2. 80% of everything analog is tedious. I would make a button a 'smash button' that you press to run, smash attack, and fast fall. Additionally, I would allow players to bind shortest hop as a button separate from jump.
3. Hit/hurtboxes need to be mapped exactly onto the characters, and characters need to have consistent proportions. This means that mario's fists shouldn't get bigger, or puff's bair shouldn't hit past her actual leg.
4.All but a certain number of moves should have equal priority, creating a predictable system of clanging. Melee attacks shouldn't clang projectiles, and things like warlock punch should be transcendent as well.
5. Multipart attacks should be cancelled if a hit is blocked or clanged.
6. Counters are removed from character's specials, powershielding now opens a window for any character to counter by pressing attack
7.Bring back directional air dodging
8.Projectiles are a valuable zoning tool, but completely projectile/disjoint based characters like duck hunt need to go.

Customs and Equipment
Now you don't have to fuck around with presets to use customs. Just Mario -> 1 -> 2 -> 1 -> 3, right in the menu. Think SF4's alternate style selection.
Smooth Lander makes the game much smoother, and I remember seeing smashfags considering Smooth Lander oriented tournaments. Now you can enable that sort of thing as an option, rather than grinding for equipment and checking for it's legality

Balance
In case it isn't obvious, my solution is to gimp dodging, blocking and most counters. At worst we get another Smash 64, with gigantic combos.
The airdash is to add more mobility. It uses the size of the original jump for distance, so Yoshi gets massive dashes, and Kirby and Metaknight get multiple. It's based off Melee's moving airdodge, but more emphasis on the moving and less on the dodge. The iframes only last for the beginning of the dash, the rest is done in neutral with momentum, so you can dash attack into people.
I'd rather give a new Smash game it's own flavour than make it Melee/ProjectM/Brawl 2.0. he says as he makes it 64 2.0

Stages
FD-based stages are boring. More variety would be good, and Battlefield is fairly balanced. As for the second point Sm4sh is full of stages like The Great Cave Offensive, when sometimes you just want something basic.

Characters
I hate clones, and characters that should be equivalent but aren't. Dark Pit and Lucina would be less cloney if the devs were forced into designing them differently. Also make Palutena not shit without customs

This is how I know you don't know shit about fightan games.

I don't want melee 2.0.

I wouldn't mind a faster Smash 4, keep the ledge mechanics but remove the magnet hands in exchange.

Also remove Dark Pit. And an option to turn off stage hazards.

melee 2.0
do minor changes on clones,just enough so you can tell who's who.
remove dlc
remove footstooling
proper classic and adventure mode,Sm4sh All-star is alright I guess
Shitton of unlockables
POKE FLOATS BABY

Make it into a real fighting game.

Go back to Brawl physics
Bring back random tripping
Cut the roster down to the just essential all star characters, no more than 30 or so
Add in an incredibly long and detailed crossover story mode with levels set in actual Nintendo universes
Add some kind of hazard to Final Destination

consider suicide

Casual.

Releasing actual mapmaking tools would practically make it the best smash ever. All I want is more characters and more maps, especially ones cut from previous games.

Take the things that made Melee so much fun like a limitless skill sealing and fast gameplay and improve on it rather than making simplified versions of Melee.

Use one of the three extra buttons and use it as a utility button so characters can use special moves without having to sacrifice any of the directions.

Additionally don't limit the utility button to Transformations or additional special moves. Use it to add things to special moves. (When Mario charges fluud, press up with the control stick and the utility button to have mario hover in the air.)

Make L-Canceling automatic

Bring back the air dashes from Melee

Keep the ledge mechanics from Smash 4

Have a way so characters can perform tilts while dashing.

rework character move sets like Wario, Gannondorf, Mewtwo, etc to make them more unique and faithful to their original games.

Rework or replace counters from Shulk, Ike, Palutena, Corrin, Little Mac, Greninja, Lucario, and Roy.

Rework the special moves to be less samey since Pit shouldn't be a Fox clone.

Additionally use clones like Dark Pit, Lucina, Toon Link, Pichu, Roy and Dr. Mario as special skins rather than completely original characters.

Make new versions of characters while keeping the old versions. example:

Add in more niche characters like Pious and Wonder Red and upgrade the following from Assist Trophy to Playable: Isaac, Ray, Saki, Takamaru, Samurai Goroh, Waluigi, Jill Dozer, Dillon, Andross, Jeff, Tingle, Midna, Skull Kid, Prince of Sable, Lyn, Barbara, Dark Samus, Ghirahim, Isabelle (villager skin), Kat & Ana, Magnus, Shadow the Hedgehog, Ashley, Mr. Resetti, Phosphora Starfy, Riki (but with Dunban i.e. Ice Climbers)

Replace Sakurai with with Splatoon guys.

kill yourself my man.

honestly they should just copy and paste all of the stages of previous games and put them in the sequel, I doubt it'll take much effort.

Anyone who wants Ridley and doesn't want him scaled down to bite size is delusional and doesn't understand what makes smash work at its core.
Balance it for comp play with good movement options.
Bring hit stun back to a proper level.
Return gravity to normal levels instead of the floaty mess it currently is.
Trim the roster by removing clones or unnecessary fighters, and give the option to customize each characters movesets (not just specials, include things like aerials and tilts) Really give them a ton of unique alterations that have the possibility to fundamentally change a characters playstyle.
Add more unique fighters, from other series or underrepresented series, but only if they have the possibility of bringing something unique to the roster.
Make jiggs great again.
Have the option to remove hazards from stages (partial and fully)
More control options, for easier inputs, specific inputs like angles.
Remove L canceling - I may love my tech, but I wish this would go away.
Real community feedback and constant updates.
Better netplay.
Better netplay features.
Shantae in my dreams ;_;

It wouldnt take much effort.
Making HD remakes of the stages don't take much more either. They're just lazy/don't want to clutter the stage screens.

This, make the game fun again by removing the FGC autism.

Just make the gameplay faster, make it easier to kill people, have stages that while having hazards, can still work in competitve play, don't make counters as hard hitting as they are in sm4sh, and remove the following:
Bowser Jr. Dark Pit, Lucina, Dr. Mario, Roy, Corrin, Toon Link/Young Link, Lucario, smash tour, 8-player arcade mode, all the bonus games except for break the targets and race to the finish, Mii Fighters (If you have to keep them, let them be usable online.) Mii Fighter Costumes, and just gas all smashfags in general, nobodys gonna be happy no matter what gets made now.

How does it being competitively viable ruin your fun?
Oh I forgot, when you play the game it doesn't let you play with friends, it forces you to go to a local tourney and compete! How silly of me.
Game having high skill ceiling = Fun for EVERYONE
Game having low skill ceiling = Fun for ONLY casual players. Now how is that better?

Yeah i'm a casual, big deal.

Thank you, but that doesn't refute what I said. I don't care if you're a casual, thats A-OK. Nobody is forcing you to get gud. Meanwhile, you'd advocate for the removal of of things that allow other people to play the game on a deeper level, despite it not affecting you at all

I'd go out of my way to make it such that it pisses of Meleefags as much as possible, because they are the true cancer of Smash.

So remind me again why despite most of Holla Forums hating casuals, they're ok with smash being casualized? Shit fanbase or not, I don't see why you guys let this slide.

No fucking clue. I think it's a bandwagon, a meme, or one or two very anally ravaged shitposters. I sincerely doubt anyone is autistic enough to advocate for casualization if the game doesn't need it to be played by casuals.

Super Smash Bros. Anthology - 4 games, 60fps, HD remasters.

This but I want a button I can bind to run, mainly because when I want to do a tilt attack I end up dashing most of the time. Also change the for glory mode stages from final destination to battlefield instead since it's a more balanced stage.

Because fuck tourneyfags, that really it.

I've never seen any of the supposed faggotry tourneyfags are supposed to be spewing. Got any examples? Could you explain?

I haven't really seen any tourneyfags shitting up smash threads to be honest, even back on 4chan. I think it just stems from Holla Forums ire from professional gaming, like FGC, and e-sports shit in general.

I'm going to try and fix this without turning it into Melee.

Engine changes;

Ledge mechanics:

Character balances:

You won't be able to edgehog people, but if you read a sweetspot you can trump them, and trumping will actually work instead of only working if they commit to hanging on the ledge. This gives them a reason to recover onto the stage if they think you'll trump them, and makes the ledge game interactive again while still making it unique. You don't need wavedashing, but characters can dash more flexibly and have fucking momentum when they jump (Honestly this is platforming 101 I have no idea why they scrapped it.) For most characters when you're too high percent to be comboed you're in danger of dying, instead of having a 50% gap where high percentage, uncombo-able characters don't need to fear anything except for a smash attack. I kept rage as an interesting mechanic, but it only applies to smash attacks. This way you don't need to keep track of two percentages when you're executing your combos, but you still have the rage comeback factor on your kill moves. Then I buffed SDI and applied it to jab resets so guaranteed locks and infinites aren't guaranteed anymore, while still remaining a strong option.

just bring back most of the melee mechanics in a better engine a la pm. Make tethers for instance like they were in melee so they're actually useful. tbh not sure if shining should still work like it did in melee but they definitely need to get rid of falco's AIDS shine as it was in Brawl and I'm guessing Smash 4. Shine, as iconic and fun as it is to do in melee gives the spacies a great tool that no one else quite has. It works as a get of jail free card essentially and a tech heavy ez confirm in most situations.

Also forgot:

Because they're faggots, but really because old/v/ had beef with smashfags.

Explain why it's fair for hitboxes to not match the model?

protip: intensity of computation is not a valid excuse

It's mainly because if they want to tweak things they have to go and fuck around with animations instead of just parameters.
it's a fucking video game faggot if you want to play anything competitively (even not vidya) you have to adjust to the fact that there are cheaters, people who abuse rules or systems, or just imbalanced shit. Go play fucking chess. Here have a fair game.

I'm mostly happy with the way it is right now. My only suggestion would be to remove Dark Pit, bring back Ice Climbers, add an option to turn off stage hazards and add the City Mode thing locked on 3DS to WiiU

When you think about it, the series' mechanics haven't really changed all that much since Melee. Much of the differences with Brawl and Sm4sh were tweaks to the engine with things like gravity, fall speed, dash-dancing window, etc. The most significant mechanical changes that I'd say were actually detrimental were unlimited airdodges, momentum cancelling, and vector DI. I'd just do what PM did and use Melee as the base for mechanics and engine, then add the few new mechanics from Brawl/Sm4sh (stuff like footstooling, ledge trumping, etc).

As for content, I'd obviously want the cut Brawl characters back. Corn, Lucina, Lucina, and Doc just seem excessive and should probably be cut. For game modes I'd like to see the 3DS Classic mode expanded on with more minigames and randomness like Melee's. An Adventure mode like SSE could be added, but without the backtracking near the end (no Great Maze shit, give me a Boss Rush or actual final stage at the end) and with solely Nintendo-themed levels, enemies, and scenarios like Melee's Adventure more (no boring OC shit and generic levels). Smash Run was also a nice novelty and it would be nice to play that on a single console with a real controller.

But hab u ever made game? :)))))

Easy fixes to take Smash 4.5 from being a decent game to being a good game:

I knew I wasn't imagining that. I haven't played Smash 4 in over a year, but I remember losing enough momentum from jumping out of dashes that it got on my nerves. I mostly played Ganondorf, who wasn't even fast by any means to begin with, and that only made his sluggishness worse.

If you play Smash 4 and go back to Melee and play Falcon it's immediately noticeable. Full speed Falcon in Melee can jump from one side of FD to the other. In Smash 4 there's no chance in hell.
I think Sakurai had an excuse for it to. I think his excuse was more casual pandering by stating that you lose momentum in mid-air to have more "control" over your character because casuals had a huge problem in testing of jumping right off the stage and dying.

Why is Smash 4 so shit.

Because Sakurai, like many Japanese creatives, have this terrible mindset of "I am the creator, so I'm right and you're wrong about everything related to my creations. If you don't like it just get out"

I make HAL Laboratory develop it, just like 64 and melee

What made the original break the targets so good was how the levels were catered to each character's powers.
It forced you to learn a lot of character moves in pretty creative ways. We need that back.
and if 50+ stages are too hard to make, let the players make them.

A non-randomized adventure mode would be nice too.
It could still have branching paths, but It's nice to have an experience with an intentional design to it.

Smash is a party brawler. Casuals will be happy so long as they can play their favourite character. As for competitive, I want to make the game reasonably fast paced with a definite skill gap, but I don't want the gap to come in the form of weird input tech that you just have to learn if you want to play competitively. I dont think you should need to learn how to wavedash or l-cancel to play competively. Rather; you should have an in depth knowledge of your characters attacks: what they do, how much knockback and hitstun they have, and what your opponent is capable of doing.

bring back mobility options but get rid of redundant inputs
i.e make wavedashing a 2 button input like it is in mahvel instead the rsi inducing shit you have to do in maylay, simplify shffl is there ever a reason to not l-cancel? etc.
less animes and swords
training mode w/ dev mode features like frames and hitbox display
bring back best boy, more gimmicky characters in general. they're hype for spectators and fun for players
i liked p;m the most

hulk davidson
joe or captain blue
mask de smith
goemon
rayman

if you really wanted to change things up, i think assists could be cool but they'd probably break the game

You are not my nigga.

God. I want to fuck Sakurai so bad

I admit that looking back, removing Bowser Jr. wasn't a good idea. How about remove Rosalina?

Remove ALL the Fire Emblem characters or only let one in. I fucking hate them and nobody even fucking plays that shit outside of Japan.

Smash 4 is not bad and definitely not shit, but it can be improved of course. To do so, Nintendo should provide a second Ganondorf who is not a Cpt. Falcon clone while still keeping the current one. Also add some more characters to make the Switch version even more worthwhile.

Remove Rosalina or nerf her very badly. I fucking hate that little star-shaped Ganondorf she has. This little piece of shit has way too much knockback. I don't get why Rosalina gets this annoying thing if even without it she'd still not be anywhere near bottom or even low tier, not with those normals.

Bitch, shut the fuck up.

You know im right. Mach Rider? Captain Rainbow? Nope, just anime swordsmen.

I don't even know what you're trying to say here.
Go be a retard on a website where people only pretend to play video games instead actually playing them. Fire Emblem has had niche success in the West for over a decade.

I'd really only keep Marth, Ike, and Robin. Lots of people liked Marth and Ike, and Robin can be a one shot so he can be replaced by whatever FE protag is the most recent one when sm5sh comes out NEVER EVER.

Would Roy be acceptable to keep or is he too much of a copy of Marth?

Marth, Roy and Ike. One wall, one rushdown, and one grappler. Bonus is that nuEmblem bullshit is kept out.

Basically Smash 4 with physics closer to Melee, with

* Fewer, funner side-modes (Smash 4 had tons of side-games and modes, and they were all weak)
* Bring back character-specific target smash
* None of this multi-system gimmick. One system only, and do it well, so we don't have shit like "no Ice Climbers because mobile can't handle it"
* Better stage builder, with the ability to design stages precisely. Smash 4's stage builder has a lot of potential, but being forced to try to make precise inputs with just the stylus is horseshit.
* Fewer characters, with removal of all clones. 30 is a good balance point for character count.

A niche franchise doesn't deserve so many spots on the roster, this is not a game marketed only to Japan when most of the sales have been from America since the first game. As for the rest of your post i'll assume you are just special.

I never said Sm4sh doesn't have too many FE characters. I said people play it outside of Japan. Don't be mad at me because I called you out on posting something that's objectively false, be mad at yourself for being fucking wrong.
Get out of my sight.

Roy is too different, especially in 4. Roy has a way better grab game and has many ways to setup reaction tech chases and is also nuch better and potent at covering ledge getup options, while Marth is a bit better at walling and much better at juggling and offstage play.
The only reason Marth is more suited to the current metagame is the importance of covering landings/juggling and the physics punishing fast fallers for too little reward.

wew
I get that there's too many of them FE characters, but you do realize FE has more importance to Nintendo than Metroid or Star Fox? Both have consistently performed really poorly in Japan and only ever was successful internationally. Financially it just makes more sense to pander to FE fans to appeal to player in their own country.

>picks characters from games that even less people have played
wew

Once you learn to be very careful and learn how the horseshit of Luma works, she actually isnt that hard to fight. The issue is that her jank is way overtuned. She needs slower to come out and less disjointed aerials (nair and dair mostly) and luma needs to be inactive when Rosa is in freefall/grabbed. To exchange, make her weight a little higher and give her a stronger back and fthrow, around falcons bthrow in strength so she can kill off grabs.

Because everyone knew who the Ice Climbers were before Melee right?

Ken

Everyone who had an NES as a kid, yes.

I didn't realize he had so many changes to him in 4, my experience with him has pretty much only been from melee.

These changes would make the game so much better. Characters like Roy and Falcon would instantly get a LOT better.

Yes, user, the willfully ignorant should be publicly shot.

Considering the initial E3 reveal of Melee had people in the crowd that instantly recognized them, yeah. It was a decently popular NES game.

I'm not even sure what position you're arguing from anymore. You argued to remove FE characters because of how few people played them, yet you suggested even less popular characters from games with significantly less impact on Nintendo. I get you hate anime swordsmen but at least back that hatred up with some coherent arguments.

Does anyone have the whole series of pictures?

Same for Mach Rider

1. Add all characters from all previous iterations of Smash.
2. Add the top 10 feasible characters from the Smash fan-poll.
now, heres where I would make it faggoty

3. Redo the gameplay completely, the gameplay is a more refined, smooth, combo heavy version (how much and in what way depends on the character) of the Jump All Star Battle 3d games.
4. Like in JoJo Eyes of Heaven, DHA and GHA, one ult, and combo-able moves. The focus is low damage, high combo-ability near normal arcade fightan games.
Most characters have about six or seven DHA pairings. The multiplayer aspect of the game toned down a little from JoJo, and 1v1 battles are possible.
5. Custom Moves make a return, along with Custom Characters. Both are expanded upon and more detailed, and also Skill Trees are a thing for most characters in the all new Subspace Emissary mode. The story is radically different, and characters with voices have voices, but those that don't, don't, and it doesn't detract from the story.
6. Subspace Emissary is where most of the character unlocks will be. Featuring an expansive 'story' with multiple 'endings', it will be replayable, and it shouldn't feel too stale because of the carried stages from previous games.
7. A very large number of stages are available, combined and combed from various franchises, they have plenty of cameos and hazards. In the Hyrule Castle stage, you might as Bomberman blow up one of the secret entrances to a Fairy Fountain, to receive a temporary benefit. Be careful though, because the powerup takes time to bestow, and you're vulnerable during it!

8. Ultimates
Every character has one Ultimate. Whether it's one attack, or a transformation, it depends on the character. Most Ultimate are temporary, but that doesn't mean they only last ten or so seconds.
If a character has activated his/her Ultimate, then he/she gains and entirely new attack set depending on the character.

9. New Characters.
Characters from Western and Eastern media will join Smash. Newcomers such as PepsiMan, Every main JoJo and JoJo Villain, several new Capcom and Marvel characters, and for the first time, a Marvel and DC versus Japan crossover event! Superman and Batman will join Smash, alongside Wonder Woman and The Flash.
However, that isn't the only major franchise joining Smash! Welcome Goku, Vegeta, Beerus, and Hit!
What's this? something feels pretty ga- Thats why!
Touhou will be joining Smash as Touhou makes its very first AAA game debut! normalfags will be able to select characters such as Remilia Scarlet, Flandre Scarlet, even Sakuya!
Whats this? You don't like Fire Emblem characters?
Too bad! We're adding EVERY single Fire EMBREULM character in EXISTANCE!
ENJOY FIRE EMBLEM VERSUS THE WORLD: SUPER SMASH BROTHERS ALL STAR BATTLE EDITION!

really

No wait I just read the whole thing.
I'm unsure if it's bait

I told the fucking truth, didn't I?
It's your fault for not listening.

I was gonna type something but I think covered everything I wanted to say, alot of those changes could be modded in currently if someone wanted to put the time and effort into doing so.

If a game has an ultimate, it's shit.
Also kill yourself.

Just now realized I wrote Lucina twice when I meant to put in Pitoo.

Add Krystal and give her a staff and Tricky based moveset
Also increase the gravity and bring back n64 lightsabers/laser guns

Fuck melee 2.0, wheres brawl 2.0.

C'mon sakurai

Maining gheb

Plenty. Falco's autocancel bair is a much better poke in neutral but his SHFFL bair puts out more kill hitboxes. Sheik's short hop autocancel fair covers way different space compared to her SHFFL fair. L-cancelling also introduces a lot of subtle depth and timing into the game; it would be a shame not to keep it.

While I hate Tricky (and I wouldn't want Krystal to have a partner character because of how cancer Rosalina is), Krystal would be a sweet choice for the roster. Even with 50+ characters, there aren't any staff users.

Autocanceling is landing after a certain number of frames. Its fundamentally different. There is no reason to land during an aerial without l canceling, ever. THAT is what he means. L canceling is a dumb and pointless feature. The aerials should all just have 50% less landing recovery. You shouldnt have to arbitrarily push a button.

ISAAC

PUT HIM IN YOU FUCK.

GIVE HIM DJINN SYSTEM FOR SPECIALS, HE PICKS THEM UP TO POWER UP AND USE SPECIAL ATTACKS AND SUMMONS

That's like saying Ryu doing an early neutral jump roundhouse and a late neutral jump roundhouse are fundamentally different. It's the same attack button, just different timings. Because Smash Bros has such wonky controls compared to other fighting games, differences like L-cancelling vs autocancelling help enable different applications of the same move.

How the fuck could you possibly know what he means? I'm just going by what he typed.

Every smash thread forever.

kekkles and cream m8

Dont add Ridley. Fuck that dude

Hey remember the time when people said there werent enough Fire emblem characters in brawl. Hey remember the time people wanted Roy back in smash 4 HOHOHO Oh man its that time agian

Keep the 3rd Parties Cloud Corrin and Bayonetta all have Unique movesets
Just do Buffs and Hitbox adjustments No Nerfs . Just Hitbox adjustments.

More Stages. More Music(Wow Barely see people request that shit wew land)

Probably more single player content. None that's just straight copy paste filler from the previous games. Like board the platforms.

Break the targets keep that ,cause that actually made sure you KNEW how to use the character.

I just want 2 new characters. As long they aren't fucking meme characters.

Other than that. Smash 4 is fine how it is

Just make it Melee but with more content and better balance.
The great thing about Melee was that it was both fun to play casually and competitively.
But then Samurai said fuck that and ruined the competitive side so hard that it fucked up the casual side as well, turning away pretty much every player except the ultra hardcore "Nintendo can do no wrong" types.

Realistically speaking:

Smash for the Switch:

Smash Patch notes for the Switch (and the other games too):
Notes: no specific numbers since it would require testing, but a general foundation of how the buffs would go

Jigglypuff:

Duck Hunt:

More to come.

An user made a really cool moveset dealing with Djinns for specials and playing with Standby and Set modes of Djinn, where when a Djinn is Set, the Specials are stronger (very strong) . After one use the Djinn is now on Standby for a cooldown time, which is the normal Special.

If you get a smash ball and do a final smash with al Djinns on Standby the final smash is stronger.

Issac's Normal A attacks would be a crazy variation of different Psinergies, from Growth to Move to Grab to Douse to Freeze etc.

This is some crazy wish fulfillment.

I just want more porn

L-canceling returns. No wavedash. Hitstun is upped, but lower than Melee levels.
The game becomes faster than Smash 4, but nowhere near Melee. Rage returns. Stages online in FG would be either BF or FD.

All Brawl vets return. All Melee vets return. All Smash 4 vets return. Pichu gets a revamped moveset. Newcomers are Geno, K.Rool, Krystal, Incineroar, Waluigi. Guest characters are Akuma, Simon Belmont, and Shantae.

AESTHETICS
CASUAL
COMPETITIVE
[part 1/2]

[part 2/2]
CHARACTER
2v2 now actually has team attack on
>and 1v1 and 2v2 Gentleman's bout, where the non legal stages can be selected

Most likely because Smash is not a real fighting game but more of a party game. Returning to Melee tier precise gameplay would mean that 1) the Roster would be immensely smaller than it actually is due to tiers and 2) the glitches that allowed the precise inputs in the first place need to be worked into the main game without looking out of place.

As much as I love playing that fucker, making the can faster would make him even more broken, also his down B is garbage in most situations, but if you treat it like a delayed jab, things get interesting.
You can use it to cover a fuck ton of options if you're recovering off stage. Also I think if you made the can fall faster, it would cause a lot of problems and way more funny bullshit stage spikes.

why am I not surprised

Why are JoJo fags so fucking autistic.

The problem is that Melee is the hardest Smash game, and since Brawl and Sm4sh have been easier most of them are going to stick to Melee anyway.
I'd rather see a Smash game that tries something new and ends up being as competitive, instead of one that pretends to be another game. Even Project M evolved into it's own thing instead of just being Melee.
Besides, some of the things that make Melee less casual to some players are just tedious to others. Removing L cancelling, for example, would make the game less tedious, but the meleefags will complain that it's too easy. All it is is hitting a button whenever you land, and there's no reason to not do that.

wew
>the Roster would be immensely smaller than it actually is due to tiers(?)
This makes no sense. Having gameplay like Melee would mean you'd have less characters? What the fuck is PM then?
This meme needs to die. L-cancelling was a mechanic since 64 and wavedashing is simply a byproduct of its physics. The latter is just as much a glitch as bhopping is, and just as "out of place" as it (both being not out of place at all).

How? Seriously, how is it harder? The controls are practically the same and the mechanics are more similar than they are different with other smash games.

Roy Koopa is literally the only thing that isn't obnoxiously retarded about this image.

I'll give my answer later.

I suppose hardest isn't the best way to put it. I mean that Melee has the highest skill ceiling. The mechanics are different enough where it counts to allow for all sorts of crazy features which you can't find in the other games, such as the fact that momentum carries between jumping. There's a lot more to work with.
Closest thing Sm4sh has to Melee's features is the Bidou tech, in which you bind your controls to something crazy because a glitch lets you do 1frame movements with the right stick.

I don't care about competitive players, it has never been a competitive game (but muh GC controller adapter, they were cashing in on you, doesnt mean they actually give a fuck about you or that the game is catered towards you) and hopefully it will never be, as for what i would do to improve it?

We can't forget all the semi-useless jank, like V-cancelling or grabbing the ledge while half-pushing the shield button to tech a multi-hit move. There's a lot more going on, mechanically, in Melee even if you don't count wavecheating and shinespamming.

Hello, did yesterday and will do another 2 today for Smash patch fixes.

I definitely believe his recovery frames for getting a can out should be slightly less, at the very least. But I believe a Fast Can would be an upgrade and increase skillcap for its management, but definitely at least as a custom moveset choice for sure, if we wish to keep the game casual friendly still.

Those changes would put putt high tier, not cloud-tier, but you'd start seeing jigglypuffs and it would be fun to play.

Expand the idea of For Glory and For Fun into a switch for all modes, basically the game asks:

So tourneyfags can get a more Melee experience with more characters, stages, and whatnot, or party/casual/whatever dudes can just enjoy the game being more like Brawl/4. This option is switchable at any time and modifies all sorts of minor things from physics to balancing.

Give it a new story mode similar to subspace emmisary.

Widen the gates for guest characters a bit.

Other than that, there's not much to do.

ROB:

There you go. ROB went from mid-low tier to high-tier. The idea is to make everyone high-tier.

There needs to be Stocks for For Glory team matches. Currently its only time.

Holy shit this is some major league autism.

I'll take that as a compliment

Zelda:

There you go. Zelda went from low tier to high.

Forgot:

You're being retarded. Just nerf cloud and let the Mii fighters be online.
nothing wrong with 8 player smash. its a party game. its supposed to be crazy fun and silly too.
Also melee's adventure mode was meh as fuck. If they do that, they have to do a subspace emissary story with actual stages and collecathons and bring stickers back. and of course, allow co-op which is also fun.

You're talking about how hard it is master the game. The game is still incredibly easy to pick up, as much as any other Smash game. Mixing up the two is the same line of though that Sakurai has when he thinks having a high skill ceiling is synonymous with having a high skill floor.

It's not my fucking fault you asked a vague question. What fucking metric am I supposed to judge difficulty by if not the progression from skill floor to skill ceiling?
Honestly untrue. You can do all sorts of bullshit offstage in tr4sh, and get beaten up offstage, and still manage to recover because almost everybody has a godlike recovery and magnet hands are strong. There are no Battlefield bumps, no fucking up Sheik's Vanish on a stage like Fountain of Dreams, etc. Stale moves ensure characters die less, since a move that's stale even once or twice will have its KO power and damage significantly reduced. In addition to the lower mechanical ceiling, the punishment for fucking up is significantly less.

Most characters in Melee will die if they jump offstage and do an excessively long aerial, like Marth's nair or a spacie fair. Tr4sh Sonic can do a drop zone dair and still recover to the ledge with his double jump and spring.

You're retarded and don't even realize the point is trying to make.

Melee is played competitively with more stocks than Smash 4, balancing its more punishing and easy KOing at low percentages meta.
Melee, at a casual level, is less complex (think of normalfags playing). It's faster paced and more punishing with bigger hit stuns, but the game is equally easy to grab and press your buttons. If anything you can say its easier for casuals to kill other players in Melee (a smash kills at low percentage) while in Smash 4 the player needs to do much more than that to counter the better recoveries, less hit-stun on enemies, and a much more balanced roster. Melee is easy to pick up. This is not a matter of opinion. Anyone can input stuff and get akill, techs aside.

Why the fuck does Din's Fire leave her vulnerable, anyway?

Casual 4 player here. Agree with usual recommendations like:
Have no problem with what the freaks want:

My speshul idea: Balance items. Given that fast characters have an easier time picking up items, the game can only be balanced for both play with and without items by giving the slower characters some other ability relating to items making up for that. This could be implemented by giving each character a stat for how fast items you hold expire. Or by making items gravitate towards characters when taunting, and the heavy guys have stronger item gravity. I would also put many items in a curaazy-mode category, and default item mode would be without those.