How does it make you feel anons that these hacks will most likely not make it past 2017?

How does it make you feel anons that these hacks will most likely not make it past 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/0YfJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

On one hand, I was hoping for Fallout New Orleans to be to 4 what New Vegas was to 3. On the other, good riddance to bad trash

Not really going to happen considering they are losing a fuckton of staff in January and their lead writer left cause of Pillars of Cuckternity

Oh right, Sawyer (?) left. Shame, it could've been great. Oh well, at least I have other, better power fantasy games that don't involve these awful companies

Not trolling here, but:

Why all the hate? Didn't they make the NWN2 game/dlc which are all pretty good? Old republic too.

I mean, if it was cause of their writers, I totally get it. I rather liked their games. I didn't get too much into Pillars though, I did find it generally boring, but no company makes 100% hit rate with all their games.

Why's that, OP? How fucked are they currently?

Checked, and tbh user years ago I could relate with that attitude, but the Obsidian that made new Vegas, nwn 2, kotor 2 and even alpha protocol simply no longer exists.

These bioware wannabes will sink on the sinking ship of their own demise until they manage to become self aware.

Basically when their key writers left the company it soon became apparent how much they relied on them to cover up the more glaring flaws of their games. Probably proof that having good story and writing can really make a game great.

Basically one of their major projects at the moment is being moved to another studio and as a result they are having to lay off a good chunk of staff.
archive.is/0YfJc
So essentially the company will either fold or turn to making even more obscure shit.

I guess I'm exaggerating a tad. Nwn2, kotor2, while being casualized, unfinished, or otherwise negatively impacted, are still pretty fun, and NV is easily one of my favourites despite its myriad of flaws.
I guess most of my vitriol stems from their [CURRENT YEAR]-ery that started with poe, and came to a fever pitch with Tyranny. They were good at one point, but as they are now especially now their lead writer gone, they're better off dead

They didn't. Some other people working at the same company did once, but they are no longer there

Same guy as before:
I didnt finish POE and havent even bothered with Tyranny. Any examples of cuckenings?

I know the BG-EE whatever came out with tranny characters and had a huge fit over the minsc gamer-gate line in the voice files.

Because some dipshit with a crush on Avellone keeps riling up your average melodramatic faggot with choice bait and promises of salt.

BGEE was by another company entirely, no?
Just check the Tyranny thread in the catalogue for that. PoE, off the top of my head, removed a message from a kickstarter backer because people whined about it being transphobic. I feel as if there were more things, but I haven't played it on a long time. It wasn't nearly as bad as Tranny, but it did definitely show a shift toward that kind of mindset

You're full of shit and this place would be better off if you off yourself, no?
Tyranny is shallow and rather rushed, but this sjw meme you're pushing is trivializing the actual cancer out there.

Avellone is working with Bethesda right now. He isn't end all be all of Fallout. FO5 will still be shit even if he works on it.

Aroused.

That is why I'm sad to see them go, I have no idea why everyone hates given that Pillars of Eternity, South Park and FO:NV are generally well received.

Don't forget that they already laid off all the staff that made New Vegas good.

Off the top of my head, some really bad design choices, and writing that was made by fucking over the backers and listening to Something Awful forums instead.

It wasn't anything super major, but a multitude of small things that piled up until Avellone left rather than be associated with the brand anymore, a bunch of extremely talented people were fired or left that made New Vegas good.

If you are wondering why Tyranny looks like it was made by Obsidians B team that's because they fired their A team for wrong think.

Hoping is an odd choice of word. You don't fix bethesda trash by having an even emptier sandbox and making the story entirely about running errands for factions to like you no matter what path you take.

american developers aren't capable of wrongthink, lest they upset (((them))).

To elaborate Avellone is working with the prey reboot devs. The game looks kinda like one of the shock games but with a The Thing outbreak instead of drug incited chimpout or an evil AI.

How does it feel that sjws are making the next Fallout? 4 was shit but wasn't sjw

See webm. But if true, I can't really give a shit, but it does make wonder if it would bomb or not.

Left because he couldn't stand the cuckery? or because he couldn't be as much of a cuck as he wanted?

Feels great

list of top cancer companies that desperately need to go bankrupt next

He was on the writing team as a result of a stretch goal on the Kickstarter being met. Obsidian later had some other people "tone down" his writing.

He left cause he was sickened by their cuckery along with a good deal of their team if I recall
Essentially he was pissed off with them cause they tried to neuter his writing, and frankly his writing was the only thing that saved a lot of Obsidian games in the past.

I don't think Bethesda would let Obsidian show them up again.

I don't think they can.

Obsidian isn't even capable of showing up themselves anymore.

I am frankly amazed how Obsidian managed to fuck up a World of Tanks clone so bad. You'd think they would be rolling in shekels?

See

Fallout is dead. Don't paint Bethesda as the lesser evil in any fashion. They are the source of all the problems with the series. FO4 only upsets me because it still made Bethesda money. I already knew that it was going to be shit. Kill yourself if you still have hope for the series. I don't care if FO5 will be SJW cancer. If it kills the series, then that is a net positive. But that is not going fucking happen or work. The only hope is normalfags deciding not to suck Bethesda's cock. I really hope the series dies. I really hope Bethesda dies. I would pay to take money away from Bethesda.

Valve is bad but it should be the last to go in that list.

When will you ever learn, Holla Forums?

Feels bad but they brought it over themselves. They were supposed to be the guys that actually cared about good writing, and their last two projects both had absolute horrid stories.

If you also consider that the audience for old infinity engine RPGs is very little it's no wonder they're in financial troubles.

Good, but neither will I

It wasn't just the last two. Even New Vegas and Kotor 2 had LGBT faggotry shoved into it.

New Vegas was tasteful and you wouldn't have known about it unless you actually got to know the two gay characters.
New Vegas is probably one of the best examples of writing in a video game ever.

The audience for old infinity engine RPGS never bought their games because they never made a game catering to them. They made games for hipsters who were in diapers when Icewind Dale came out but pretended to play them as a kid anyway.

Considering how a lot of their audience acts I wouldn't be surprised if they still were in diapers.

Toddposters are still busy meming how TES is redpilled for ripping off Tolkien themes and pretending it not being carbon copy automatically makes it unique or great.

Hah, no. The cancer was inside of Obsidian all along. It just took some time before it completely overran the studio.

Kay

people can't even joke about committing suicide after being "raped" by a tranny

Why am I not surprised?

Kay. Also, I was talking about FO:NV. I don't give a shit about the other games.

My fucking sides, what the fuck

Who was gay?

You forgot Sony, Nintendo, MS and many others, nigger.

you're mum lol

I sold his ass into slavery the moment he revealed he's a degenerate.

Dude that's fucking retarded. That's space for everything as long as it's not Baldur's Gate levels of retarded

wait, can you actually play as a tranny in the game ? or is it just a meme

Gays should not exist.

Neither should Jews

The fuck?

Literally the worst gaym ever. Literally.

please tell me these are mods/potoatoshopped

they are

Good. I don't care if you're lying

dude cmon are you retarded

Fuck off shill

Good

After what they did to a backer's contribution in Pillars of Eternity because of 'muh current year'? Then it's just fine. Shit company deserves shit outcome.

God, I hate sanctimoneous twits like this particular community manager. Self-flagellating, arrogant, smarmy windbags; unaware that they are forum poison; it's because of these delusional internet failures that I stopped going to the places they dwell in aeons ago.

They fucked over their golden goose, Armored Warfare, to the point the Russians had to step in and take off their hands because they were so incompetent.

Pillars of Eternity was a wet fart no one will remember in a year, Tyranny is more of the same (and it sold like shit regardless) and they've chased away all their good writers, which were the only reason anyone gave a fuck about Obsidian. Couple that with Sawyer's divine mission to shit up the gameplay of every game he touches and you've got a wonderful recipe of faggotry.

Being complete retards they're busy making PoE2 like anyone still gives a shit.

Tyranny is a fun game

Literally just checked that out and their compensation plan. They've managed to make it so it's counter productive for anyone to play their game till after a patch drops since any progress they've made will be done automatically for them when the next patch drops. Yes they've literally managed to give an incentive for people not to play at all.

Nothing, the rest of Bethesda needs to be destroyed for me to be happy. Bethesdrones are the most horrible fanbase of all. Yes, worse than Biodrones.

Nice shitpost bro.

No, I just want the rest of the hydra's heads cut off.
I actually hate New Vegas with a passion and have shitposted about it in the past so don't even try to accuse me of liking these fucks. I am just really autistically furious about Bethesda.

I think everyone who followed the tank game genre is in the same boat. Armored Warfare managed to be even shittier than WoT, and that's no mean feat.

The base game is fun though, it's the grind and p2w shit that kills it.

How dumb are you on a scale of 1 to 10?

I just hope Tim Cain and Boyarsky land on their feet. They both deserve better.
Sawyer can go fuck his acoustic self.

Armored Warfare was like they had made a list of every mistake World of Tanks made and decided to do them. I still amazed they essentially ddos'd their own site.

Oh my

They had a "flash" sale event where there was a super discounted pack for a lot of premium vehicles, but there were only like 100 of these pakcs for sale. So as soon as the sale went live literally everyone tried to get on the site at once which crashed the entire site since it was overloaded with traffic. To add further embarassment those who actually managed to get onto the site and page discovered that the packs had already gone because it turned out the link to the store page had been leaked earlier in the day by the French twitter account meaning people had already bought all the packs up before the sale went officially live. In the end they had to add something like 500 extra packs to cover the shitstorm that unfolded.

Forgot to add that was like 6 months ago I think. The devs concentrated on adding nothing but premium tanks for the entire year and suddenly got their finger out their ass a few months back realizing the game was dying hard and are now pinning all their hopes and dreams to save the game on balance 2.0 which looks like it's actually going to kill the game rather than save it.

Why we not have a WoT clone that's free with skins like dota2? I mean, fuck's sake Dota2 has at least shown you can make a free game rake in cash. If that fails, why not arcady (like tanks catching air arcady) and both of them just free skins and/or victory music or shit everyone has to listen to?

Did they make Neir Automata? No? I don't care, this is a waste of a thread.

It gets even better. Their Christmas sale they've got a pack of "Premium" vehicles for like $200. However after the whales had bought the packs they came out with "Get your Gold back that you spent!" Event. Which means all the Gold you spend during the "Event" you will be refunded in game. So spend $200 worth of gold and you'll get $200 worth of gold back. This is happening right now when the vehicle sales are still on, needless to say a lot of people are pissed.

Obsidian is certainly discovering a new talent for pissing off their costumers.

Yup, they've gone full Jew and cashgrab mode. They won't let players buy Premium tanks with cash now, you must buy them with gold and that locks them to one server only so if you play on NA and EU servers you need to buy them twice.

Oh and I nearly forgot. They have certain premium vehicles that you can only get from watching twitch cancer, so a bunch of twitch streamers get codes for premium vehicles to give out, so you can have hundreds of people watching a stream for only 10 keys to be given out and of those keys most will find their way onto ebay. This naturally caused several shitstorms. Meanwhile the RU server they have special events to unlock the Premium vehicles that encourage people to play the game, quite often together with friends.

Their entire plan for promoting the game is to stop people playing the game and to go watch someone play it. They are beyond fucking retarded.

good

The fact they never delivered 0.19 or Balance 2.0 is a death sentence. Everyone pointed out they needed content for the holidays and the fact they failed to deliver on time quite literally everyone is looking for new and different games to play over the winter.

So yes the company will die, their own incompetence killed their golden goose and thus killed them. It is a blunder almost on the scale of Battleborn except what is even worse is that they didn't have any real competition and what competition they did have everyone was sick of and were looking for a proper competitor to the game they were playing. Quite literally they've blown a golden opportunity to become a developer that would have the power to buy out Bethesda and force Todd Howard to scrub toilets all day.

Thank God for that, just imagine what a BioWare tier company would unleash upon the world if they had money.

It doesn't bare thinking about, but thankfully TumblrWare companies are run by massive retards and their employees are often even bigger retards.

Did he actually said that? source?

t. gay ben

Everyone worth shit all has already left, it's time for the name to die.

He went on record saying that he left Obsidian because they basically cut out everything he had written for PoE other than two (and by far the best) companions, and even then most of the shit he wrote got ripped out.

Initially he didn't talk much about it but as time goes on, and when asked in interviews, he's started sounding increasingly hostile, which pretty much indicates he didn't leave Obsidian on amicable terms.

It's worth pointing out that Avellone is pretty SJWish himself he was just a more old-fashioned type that was against writing his biases into a game fair enough, I suppose. He was also famously against the pop culture references that plagued Fallout 2.

Yes, Avellone is a cuck too, but at least the kind of cuck that can keep his powerlevel in check when writing a product.

He was part of the team that wrote New Vegas, let you join with the Legion and even gave them a fair shake, even though lots of content surrounding them got cut.

It's obvious to see what his departure, and the other writers, has done to Obsidian's writing quality.

He isn't as bad as that cunt, sawyer, though. He did not care if someone was a GG supporter if I remember right at one point. Chris is still a fag though.

I like the fact he can keep his politics and writing separate but it's important to keep this type of thing in mind. Obsidian wasn't SJWs v non-SJWs but obnoxious SJWs (Sawyer, etc) v non-obnoxious SJWs (Avellone etc).

If they want to be cucks in their own private lives I don't give a fuck as long as they dont bring that cancer to vidya

Fair enough. My rule of thumb is that I really shouldn't know someone's political views unless their job revolved around politics (actual fucking politicians, for example). It's simply not relevant otherwise unless you're just virtue signalling.

Kind of offtopic, but does anyone know ant good rpgs? Age of decadence is good, but does anyone else have good rpgs or FPS games with rpg elements? Most of these current RPGs coming out this year are just garbage, even seemingly promising ones with previous entries in the series turned out to be shit.

I think the major problem is he is too concerned with pushing video games as art, which is retarded since all these faggots who want it to become art end up just pushing terrible stories and terrible gameplay to seem sophisticated and gain acceptance from a creatively stifled industry full of garbage.

He also seems to focus too much on being polite to the point of being PC.

is that art official?

it's fucking shit.

That's the problem with most game developers these days.

Cliffy B is a huge example of a fag trying to push games are art to the point his new shooter is going to have neutral gender bathrooms and he freaked out about losing a ton of fans and people who wanted to buy it.

He's always been a massive faggot kind of like John Romero

Yep. I never got the praise for either of them since they actually were not that involved with the games they are famous for. A lot of map creators for doom hated John romero since he apparently would freak out if they did not follow his own personal way to build maps if I remember right.

There's no "tasteful" way to portray faggotry, faggotry is degenerate period.
They only way to write tastefully, is to avoid faggotry or any other SJW causes at all.

Agreed, Comrade. Writings pertaining to controversial topics are a bourgeois indulgence. True Fiction should only contain Wholesome Values for the sake of the Public Good.

Free Expression is a dangerous distraction in the extreme.

Punctuation matters, OP. Please, learn basic english.

Anyway, mildly sad, but I have no doubt their employees will continue somewhere. Probably working for EA

This guy is a completely insufferable tool.

I never heard that rumor. Why did chris Avellone leave?

sad thing is, modern Holla Forums would agree. Censorship is good when it suits them. B-but we totally aren't as authoritarian as SJWs guys!

Whatever anyone wants to believe.

And surprise, surprise, World of Tanks had plenty of those events as well. And each time, their population would spike for a brief period, before resuming a steady decline. Wargaming may be jews, but they're competent enough not to fuck up basic business practices.

It was for the best that Troika died young.

When he became a SJW.

Are you the type of person who's out of breath after saying each word?

Meanwhile Obsidian manages to fuck up every event they have. The best shit is they've got right now is an issue where players who have bought Premium time will have their Premium time disappear off their account for no reason. So now there are people who have lost a years worth of Premium time and are rightfully pissed off, meanwhile Obsidian has their head up their ass trying to fix the issue. This issue has been ongoing for several months and as a result the majority of whales are refusing to buy Premium time.

Seriously I don't think I've seen a company fuck up so bad this year due to sheer incompetence.

Devs can cater to faggots or trannies or SJWs all they want, ultimately games remain an entertainment industry and just like movies that shove niggers in our faces the regular people who actually buy the product will be put off by that sort of catering.

Like any mentally disturbed minority community, the gays that scream the loudest about oppression are also the ones who do not buy games. They only care about being left alone to indulge their fetish, which means garnering public acceptance and shoving their ideas into every medium possible. Just like weebs, bronies, furries and so forth.

Who else needs to die with Obsidian? Bioware? Gearbox? I want to see who is likely to crash with no survivors!

back to reddit with that millennial crap

Which month will Obsidian die?

Could be april for the giggles?

ths tbh smh fam

I'll feel smug once it happens.

IDK why this is a good thing. The reason the industry gets more and more shit is because devs are getting killed off faster than they're replaced.

This is how nintendo got into this mess, OP.

Lot of loyalty for an RPG developer.

One less shit developer producing shit games and shilling Marxist ideology. We certainly don't need more of those.

Tell me, who would kill an IP and then sell it full priced?

A big goy?

If only the left had anything worthwhile to say.

I'd rather take that kind of script instead of the shittiy Dad-Son bond plot of 3 and 4

I use what might be described as 'acting' commas. That is to say, where I would pause naturally when speaking, I place a comma.
It sounds better to me. Which is a rather large concern.

Regardless, OP's line is not proper.
It should've gone "How does it make you feel, anons, that these hacks will most likely not make it past 2017?"

Obsidian always copied Bioware. Now they're even copying them in their decent in to identity politics madness. Nothing of value was lost and I'll continue to follow the team members I know made their games good at the new studios they work for.

Nothing wrong with identity politics. Problems come when you're shilling the game for one crowd and trying to sell it to another. It's the same problem BioWare, Harebrained Schemes and most other cRPG developers seem to suffer from.

No one had a fucking problem when games were made for heterosexual, white men in mind.

Get the fuck off this website right now.
Are you joking? Cunts bitched constantly about that shit.

Suck my cock you "neutral" shitstain.

I meant people didn't have a problem with it.

Ah, I see, so you're not an SJW, you're just the mirror version: A white nationalist. Spoiler alert: you're just as bad as them.

Oy vey. Where do you think you are?

Okay.

Fucking hilarious.

Not Holla Forums last I checked.

So you don't have a problem with what Obsidian and BioWare are doing?

Can you not read? I think I made myself pretty clear in:

Just because I don't like white nationalist and think they're a joke doesn't mean I support SJWs. Either side of the identity politics coin are actual retards.

Yes, we shouldn't pander to anyone and strive to make all assets, but especially characters, grey blobs that talk in gibberish so as to retain complete neutrality.

No wonder you're a white nationalist, you think this is an A or B choice and that neutrality is a joke. Keep dog whistling, I can hear you loud and clear.

>Being a civic cuck

You're criticizing BioWare and Obsidian for pandering to a particular crowd, then decided to sperg out at me for saying there's nothing wrong with it, other than the fact they're pandering to the people that don't buy their games.

Fact of the matter is that I have no fucking problem with either Obsidian or BioWare doing what they're doing, they're free to squander all the goodwill and chase away all the costumers they want in their pursuit of Marxist enlightenment. I only object to them whining white, heterosexual men aren't buying their drivel.

You're always going to be pandering to a specific demographic regardless of what you're making, it's how selling a product works. Difference between, say, BioWare and CDPR is that they know (still) who their costumer base really is.

It's the choice of the coward, a person so retarded that thinks leftists actually have anything intelligent to say. But be my guest, revel in your imaginary intellectual superiority.

Are we playing this retarded game again in this thread?

Man, you moderates are really smart.

If you ask me following the flock on either the left or right makes you a coward. People in the middle of the road tend to be run over by people from both sides. You hide in echo chambers and never challenge your ideas. You're the one reveling in your "intellectual superiority" calling me a retard and posting "OH SHIT MS PAINT COMIC, YOU LOOK STUPID NOW!" garbage.

I honestly wonder something about people like you: when you come out as an actual neo-nazi who wants to exterminate various races: how do you think people will respond? Do you honestly think they'll just shrug and go "Well I've come this far with him, why not kill all the blacks?" You're a joke m808.

kill yourself fam

Oh yes, brilliant. Good thing there's so few of you fucking retards. Your existence will not even be remembered.

Amazing.

Of course they do. Like I said, cowards.

Yeah, by being here, outside my "echo chamber" and talking to you. What a coward I am!

Let's not pretend the left hasn't been completely discredited ever since the 1960s. Once it was revealed what Stalin, Mao, Kim Il-sung, Pol Pot and all the other "false" communist got up to their political stance became a joke. Their ideas on race were equally proven to be completely wrong. The Civil Rights movement was all about removing the last obstacles in the way of nigger equality, but all it did was shine light on leftist bullshit and force them to invent ever more elaborate and fictional explanations as to why niggers fail and keep on failing.

And if that wasn't enough the madmen kept going. Feminism has made women more miserable than at any other point in history, and multiculturalism is basically a running meme about when the next outburst of enrichment is gonna go down.

So, pray tell, what exactly am I supposed to take away from leftists and their idiocy? You'll note it's not the right that is creating ever wider hugboxes to hide in.

Because I happen to be right.

Give it another 20 years until they have no more places to run to and ask me again.

I'm on a roll, let's try again!

You people are real fucking geniuses. I wonder why no one else has attempted to find common ground with batshit insane ideological/religious extremists?

Oh, wait, I know, because they're fucking extremists and will kill you regardless.

I didn't want to point that out. Way to ruin my fun, fag.

yup , got us a live one here

It's you idiots that amaze me. Am I supposed to think pic related has a point to make about anything?

Flawless.

Good fucking lord anymore strawmen and you're going to make this whole fucking site a fire hazard.

I like how you just say shit and can't back it up with any logic, you just say it and that's it. Nice.

Just a few posts ago you literally posted "where do you think you are" at me. If you don't think you're in an echo chamber then why did you post that?

Also I'm not telling you to take anything from leftist ideology. I'm telling you you're a moron for going full neo-nazi. Mind you, you're clearly retarded, so I don't know why I'm surprised you can't understand the subtlety of the concept that neither the left or the right or correct.

LOL

What's your stance on mass immigration then?

We're done here I think.

More like
Neutrals are truly the gift that keeps on giving. At least Holla Forums can elaborate on their points instead of letting their dicks swing in the breeze.

Yes, yes. The end has been nigh for millenia, apparently. This time it's for real. Not like last time. Take your meds and peddle your trash elsewhere.

And you wonder why people laugh at you?

You mean when mudshits were about to conquer France? Or are you talking about the time the Turks almost won in Vienna?

not an argument

Okay then, run away, coward.

Pretty sure they controlled parts of the south of Italy too.

Who gives a flying fuck about Europe?

Oh really? And those he left are against SJWankery?

I think mass immigration is solved by tackling the source of the problem. Taking people in isn't going to magically fix things, but sending them back will just result in the trying to leave again.

You need to create a situation where the immigrants have no desire to leave their home country in the first place. If that means a first world nation actively taking control of the country in question then so be it - if you're trying to emigrate it suggests you already know your country is doing a poor job of things, so I don't think you really get to turn around and say "but don't you dare intervene in our affairs!".

Simply put, the "adults" of the global community need to step in so people no longer feel the need to flee to greener pastures.

Essentially I feel like the only cure for mass immigration is for whites to drag brown people, kicking and screaming, towards civility. We need more Rhodesias and less Zimbabwes.

Oh, sorry, I just noticed my answer wasn't "DEPORT/MURDER ALL BROWN PEOPLE" so I guess that makes me an evil lefty.

Nigger detected.
I like you, user. You can come over and fuck my sister.

You people are complete imbeciles.

Or we can build a wall you dumb nigger.

No, I'm saying my position is I don't give a fuck about Europe. What does Europe do for a burger like me? Not even reading your faggy comic.

How about we invest a tenth of the money needed to keep one African shithole afloat into more ships and helicopters, sink any raft trying to cross into Europe and cut all funding to Africa and let the overpopulation problem sort itself out?

Why not a dome?

Congrats. You all lose.

hmm

I'm amazed by how disgusting this art is