Grand Strategy Games /gsg/

Grand Strategy Games

Archive
pastebin.com/stLT1bVc

randomcountry.gbasood.net/

Today in History December 28

Other urls found in this thread:

strategium.ru/forum/topic/70355-warhammer-geheimnisnacht/
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-hero-the-traitor-and-the-barbarian-an-aje-pbem-beginner-aar.632034/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=741805475
ckiiwiki.com/RIP_eternal_life_events
drive.google.com/open?id=0B_CJOMppa3LYRkVqR1NDZVpsd1k
youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar
mega.nz/#!N1ETQCLB!RYj_2rGqjQie9tbBH-Oln1w_Ky92t6c12f507G2Nw7Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Behold: The Saga of Johann the Horselover

Also this happened but had nothing to do with horse fucking.

Rate my Persian Empire.
All the other independent Zoroastrian rulers are vassals that I let go to make the bordergore slightly less terrible. I'm considering taking all of Jerusalem and giving it to kikes just out of spite. Not really much else to go and do, now that the Mohammedans are pretty much nonexistant. Once the Mongol invasion happens/is over I'll probably stop playing this run tbh, though it has been pretty fun.

This was a multiplayer match with a friend of mine for ~30 years, I didn't really feel like renaming his family to something else after I started playing this as a SP game.

To the user that was playing the NWO vicky with south africa, how are things going?
Is south africa finally white?

23% white as of 2060; 4.77M white pops or 19.08 million people, moderate majority White Anglo as opposed to Afrikaaner. As a nationalist dictatorship I can't genocide the niggers (that's only for populist dictatorships), nor do I want to - better to just maintain Apartheid and engage in gradual population replacement as the white population grows but the niggers emigrate out. I have the most powerful navy in the world, produce over 90% of the world's research and development, and have nuclear weapons, so nobody can force (((democracy))) on South Africa at this point.

In the rest of the world:

The NAU is run by Mestizos and has joined in a bunch of Union of South American Nations programs and the USAN now has cores on it. They can't conquer it by force but they might be able to diploannex it (though I doubt it; USAN doesn't seem to have an EU-style GP integration option, I think they can only integrate stuff that's in their sphere). If Brazil hadn't formed the USAN before the NAU could get all their cores, I imagine all of the Americas could have been integrated into one superstate.

The EU is getting pozzed by immigrants, most areas down to 50% white or less. Japan as well - up to 15% African Minor in places. Eastern Europe is entirely white aside from gypsies.

China got its shit pushed in and is now a democracy. Australia is down to around 30% white.

What do you think this was like?

Suddenly Grand Strategy sound interesting

Also I discovered that 1946 start Canada can actually flip to a dictatorship really early in the game; pops at that start date are very reactionary (realistic for that time period from what I know of our history) and because of this the Upper House can, with a bit of a nudge, support Ruling Party Only. Pair this with some Populist support NFs to win an election, and you can get a full Populist upper house really early in the game, which will then support repealing all the other political reforms, letting you become a Populist Dictatorship long before it becomes available by decision chain.

Additionally, Populists support all social reforms so you can get your higher education far beyond anyone else's and have a large tech advantage for most of the game.

I don't know if you can do this from the 1992 start, though; pops might have different party loyalties then. Trying that right now.

NWO has a ton of bugs and problems but it's still pretty fun to play.

Pretty groot

Take Asia Minor also. And take Egypt down to the second cataract. Take everything that belongs to Persia.

Aaaand got it. 1992 start.

Method: start election, start NFing towards Populist. Pass Universal vote franchise so the working class can vote. Keep the election going nonstop - the moment one election ends, start another. You want militancy as high as possible. Pass no reforms, don't leave a gap between elections or militancy will drop to zero. Pops hate rebelling in NWO so you don't have to worry about rebels.

Continue this until on a year turn, you get a good upper house. The first year may saddle you with a Liberal upper house, which you don't want. Once you get a decent liberal upper house, pass one social reform early in the year. This will give a boost to Conservative and Big Tent upper house membership, both of whom support rollbacks if militancy is high, backing up your Populist and Traditionalist parties who always support political rollbacks. Remember to keep NFing populists so they win elections.

This social reform will reset your militancy, so keep the election going throughout the year, picking options that will increase militancy. Be mindful of pop issues and pick options to piss off as many people as possible. With luck, you can get your militancy over 7 before the year ends; that combined with the Big Tent and Conservative boost from the social reform will let you pick Ruling Party Opinion before year's end. When the year turns, you'll have a 100% Populist upper house. Over the next couple years, roll back Vote Franchise to No Voting; get it done before the next election cycle. After a couple months you'll switch from Democracy to Republic. You'll still hold elections but they won't change the ruling party, instead you basically just get the benefit of the popups to "hold rallies" and affect pops' values (eg support for jingoism). You can also appoint parties; Republics can have Populist, Conservative, or Big Tent parties in power. This is particularly important for Canada as their populist parties are free trade laissez faire cancer that will ruin your economy, but they have decent Conservatives you can appoint once you're done implementing social reforms.

This probably works for other countries. Faster than waiting until 2020 for the decision chain.

Small update/clarification: you have to roll back parties to Not allowed; after getting Ruling Party Opinion but before getting No Voting.

I hadn't checked what Paradox was doing lately so I decided to do so
Are they retarded? This little content for $15 for a game that is already broken? Even steam reviews say it's fucking stupid. Did you guys talk about this already?

And there you have it, Republic in NWO in the first decade of the game.

Are there any fun mods that enhance various religious heresies in CKII? I recently converted (almost) my entire empire to Waldesians and I was hoping there would be more features.

No, it is the Skyrim of GSG.

What are you, a baby?

How do you convert to Roman paganism anyway? Do I need mods for that? Besides, most of Europe hates me anyway and I already repelled a papal crusade for England.

Which one, /gsg/?

Create a charactr with it using the rule designer, you cant convert to it in-game, its used for historical purposes only (if you check the history of the byzantine empire title, the earlier rulers had roman paganism)

Eastern Whites, show them the mongolians still rule the tundra

Damn it.

I bought Stellar Monarch and played it too long to refund so now i cant get the WW1 ageod game with its DLC so now im stuck with it.

Does Stellar monarch meet gsgs requirements?

No because nobody plays HoI4 anyway.

yes.

wat gaem?

Revolution Under Siege Gold, a fuckhuge game about the russian civil war during and after WW1.

To End All Wars is the WW1 version.

Stellar Monarch is boring in its current state.

Anyone play Geheimnisnacht mod here for Crusader Kings 2? I have some questions regarding the mod.

I am playing it right now, what do you need?

Is there an actually legit way to succeed with Blood Dragon Vampires? Because if there is, it has completely eluded me.
I been more or less trying to succeed for the past week or so, but all of my attempts ended prematurely, typically losing with my first character.

Pretty much all the characters who are Blood Dragon vampires from the beginning of the game are in shitty starting positions that makes playing them an impossible task. You have the Host of Aquitane, which has 4 counties in the middle of Britannia and starts at war with the massive Empire, they typically lose in a year or two due to the massive manpower disadvantage, and in the following years the Empire simply eats it up. The other two notable blood dragon territories is the Vampire Coast in the eastern world next to lizardmen and Raven Barrow, which consists of only a single county.

I tried playing with all of the above and I typically lost within a few years no matter what I did, since I didn't have any good casus bellis and my manpower was abyssal compared to my non vampiric neighbours. Then I had a different idea, I loaded up a new game where I started as a Norscan human raider and with conquest casus belli I secured myself a kingdom, then I proceeded to seduce Tatyana the Lewd and survive the transformation into a vampire, however once I became a vampire I lost 2/3 of my manpower due to changing from feudal to blood pact system and all the buildings that I had built in my holdings were also undone, leading me to a measly soldier count of 1600.

I still managed to last about 70 years in that play-through, until I was conquered by a Khorne worshipping barbarian who had an army of 12,000, which easily obliterated my army of 7000, including mercenaries, then he proceeded to revoke my titles and there was nothing I could do.

So, how do I succeed as a Blood Dragon vampire? Because I'm out of ideas.

What version of the game and the mod are you using? I tried every single version of the mod and the game always crashed.

strategium.ru/forum/topic/70355-warhammer-geheimnisnacht/
I'm using that version, it has worked for me without any issue.

What version/patch of CKII?

I'm doing a playthrough with Neferata, and so far all vampires seem OP, if anything. Vampire vassals do not count into your vassal limit, you get various bonuses and immortality, and you can make however many heirs you want (just turn some courtied into a vampire and "make vampiric heir" - it won't make him your actual heir, but it will switch him to your dynasty as your child). Vampiric coast should be the easiest, seeing as how even the AI manages to hold it most of the time. If you are about to get fucked by someone, try becoming their vassal and working from there. Also, remember that even the biggest realms usually don't have an army over 30k.

Try getting your hands on magic as soon as possible. If you get necromancy, you can sacrifice 5 prisoners for mana, and then do an instant spell that gives you 20.5k (very shitty) troops.

2.6.2 with the newest version of geheimnisnacht

How do you get into AGEOD games?

The game keeps getting weirder.

Doesn't work, I tried it numerous times and I typically end up burning on a stake or have my titles religiously revoked.
Most civilized religious nations seems to be able to burn the vampires in their realms at stake any time their lord orders so.

Unlike other vampires, I don't think Blood Dragon vampires are even capable of magic, I mean I don't even get the option to learn magic in the menu where I would typically find it, unless I'm missing something. Even when I have high learning, the option doesn't appear for my blood dragon vampires.

I haven't played them but I've seen Aquitane succeed as AI, so I'm sure it's possible as a player. It probably depends quite a bit on circumstances outside your control like how not-France behaves and whether the emperor comes back quickly from his quest or not.

I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Done, 3rd try.

Hope you spawn with a good combat trait. Set your focus to War and try and get your 2nd ASAP (Ideally you'd want Heavy Cavalry (vamps = super heavy cav) leader and Holy Warrior but I did it with Heavy Infantry and Flat terrain). Start a plot to kill whoever you have a good chance of doing that will give more levies.

Put yourself in the center leading ONLY the vampire knights (anyone else and their overall morale drops too quickly, before they can get to melee). Getting +75% WS from battles is pretty easy, you'll have to siege at least two provinces though. You can assault pretty effectively even with low numbers due to your vamps.

Tried it again, think I have a fullproof strategy.

Put your 1.5k skeleton stack to siege. They reinforce so they can absorb the inevitable siege casualties.

Your 250 vamps should be sent out harassing small stacks early on. The AI is dumb and will come after them with 1k stacks, which you can demolish easily. You're much faster because of your Nightmare Mount trait.

When a real battle is about to happen, put your 250 in the middle and everything else on a single flank with you leading the center. You should be able to decimate the enemy. Otherwise keep your levies in your own lands and only siege with your skeletons so that you don't attrition away your real army that you need for fighting.

Also in retrospect I really see no reason not to savescum until you get the traits you want. Since you're a vampire you'll probably be stuck with the same traits the entire game. I'd recommend cavalry leader/holy warrior/terrain master. That said I'm not sure if the actual vampire knights retinue (which comes in 10s for 100 retinue points) is cost-effective, so spamming them might not scale as well as spamming skeleton retinue which reinforce for free and come in 250 for 25 retinue points.

Skeletons are absolute garbage at any sort of combat, getting utterly annihilated even by armies third their size. However, they have two extremely useful abilities:
1) free reinforcement
2) no weight
That's right. You can put a 20k stack of skeletons on a shit-tier province that can't even support 5k, and there won't be any attrition, making it perfect for sieges. Also, since sieges aren't like real combat, a 20k stack of skellies can assault and take a 5k garisson with small losses.

My strategy as Neferatta (different Vampire bloodline, starts with 3 provinces in the mountains and is pretty much destined to genocide all dwarves because of it) is using necromancy before every war to summon the 20k stack of skellies (dirt cheap for only 5 prisoners sacrifice, their deaths don't even count as executions so no tyranny gain either, but the skellies fall appart after a few years and you caN't use any other magic during that time), use my real army to crush the AI with the skellies acting as support units (since they weight nothing, you can just tack them onto a stack of any size with no adverse effects), and then enjoy super quick sieges thanks to massivelly outnumbering the garrison due to the skellies.

Also, if you want to play anywhere near dwarves, beware. They're the biggest cunts in the game, I swear, they have ridiculous amounts to fort level(usually between 20 and 40), so even when they're massively outnumbered, you need to wait an entire year before you can even assault them (waiting for surrender would be eternal, they lose morale at about -0.5% per month), their buildings give ridiculous amounts of income, so you can often see these bearded jews sitting on 8k of shekels, the biggest, most powerful dwarven kingdom starts with a capital that is massively ahead in tech from everyone else in the game, if you declare a holy war on one of them, you can bet the entire fucking dwarven race is going to haul all their troops to help him, and, worst of fucking all, there is some sort of a periodic event that gives the enemy 1.6k free troops every few months of a defensive war. It means you are absolutely fucking fucked if you don't wrap the war up quickly, as even a fuck huge empire only has around 20-30k of troops, yet those assholes get 10k for free in just a year or two. As a final fuck you, there is some sort of an event that unites all the many dwarven holds into one big empire. I'm not sure what exactly triggers it, but if it happens and you haven't already bullied dwarves into half-extinction, you're fucked.

The ingame tutorials are actually decent. Also read this AAR
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-hero-the-traitor-and-the-barbarian-an-aje-pbem-beginner-aar.632034/

It's for Alea Jacta Est but all of the old ageod games have very similar mechanics

Retinue skeletons take attrition as normal. It's only magically-summoned skeletons that won't take attrition. And Blood Dragons don't seem to be able to get magic.

Also sieges are melee combat and take melee stats into account. The enemy gets some kind of multiplier to their melee stats depending on fort level I think.

Skeletons are *alright* at combat. Statistically they are slightly better than Light Infantry and have basically infinite morale (though everything routs when you kill around 75% of it). They are good as fodder to throw on one flank while you put all your heavy hitters on another.

Nice snoozefest, gramps.

What am I supposed to do now?

Paradox games are turn-based, the turns are just very short.

Make some boats

Now's our chance to grab the Castilian crown!

that's strange, since my magic skellies lose 7k when attacking a 5k stack, yet only about 1 or 2k taking a 5k garisson

Ohh, and about the Dwarves: The event happens when one of the dwarves takes the decision to claim the high kingdom, which requires age > 200, prestige >5000, piety > 1000 and diplomacy > 18. It's basically inevitable unless you are lucky enough to have none of the old dwarves spawn with a high diplomacy.

I think the mod has some bugged modifiers that can cause garrisons to have basically no morale and lose instantly to an assault. Or maybe skeleton's infinite morale gives them some kind of advantage. It's definitely a melee-type battle though. It used to be a skirmish-type battle, which is why Archer retinue used to be totally OP when you could assault anything and take no almost no losses because it was archers shooting useless melee units.

Seems like a very accurate depiction of WHF dwarfs then.

I know, but explain that fucking free troops event to me. What is the justification for that?

It's a reusable decision, like how in vanilla tribes can raise armies in exchange for prestige or piety. The problem is that dwarves live forever and amass thousands of piety and prestige, so if you attack a dwarf that has been around for a hundred years he'll be able to summon ridiculous numbers of troops (though they'll all go away the instant the war ends).

You can play them and see how it works.

I can't do that after spending the last several days systematically genociding them.

How did Sylvania get rekt so hard?
In my games they almost always managed to stay completely solid even after all the vampires were hunted down.

They go broke, its quite common.

Actually, it's because I RP'd as Neferata, and she hates the Carsteins. So I hunted them all down until Sylvania passed into mortal hands. Then it lost a civil war. Imperial Talabecland split from it, and is now governed by a mortal of vampiric faith and sylvanian culture.

This whole game is full of weird shit. Every single high king of Ulthuan converted to a different faith, then got ousted in a civil war, only for his replacement to promptly also convert to a different faith. Right now, Ulthuan is governed by the cult of pleasure and is at near constant civil war with moralfag elves. Bretonnia is somehow getting rekt time and time again by that orc horde, pretty much everything north of Kislev is some flavour of chaos, Strigoi vampires got their shit together after about a century of being counts and in the span of one decade formed the kingdom of Iron Rock (bottom of the pic), and overall the majority of the world seems to be of vampiric faith, with me having no part in that

Do you have the custom game option set to allow interracial conversions and marriage? That's what leads to silly things like all the empire converting to Vampiric.

That said Ulthuan does sometimes get fucked by Malekith, Bretonnia going to shit is normal (their levies per province seem way to weak IMO, need buffs), Orcs are probably the most broken non-horde race in the game if led by a strong orc who just can't be killed, and everything north of Kislev is supposed to be a chaos shitball.

The Strigoi getting their shit together is pretty unusual though.

I have it disabled, but weird shit happens anyway. I noticed that the interracial marriages still happen, only the game auto-breaks them a few days after it happens.

I tihnk the weirdest shit is that humans and beastmen marrying and reproducing is fully okay despite all this. Fucking midddenland is now governed by a beastman of middenlander culture, khornate faith, and a gaggle of human concubines, and he got there without any war, just by the previous queen coalburning a furry goatman. It feels like some sort of a parallel on today's Germany

That furry fuck married another queen, this time of Myrmidan faith in the south west. What sort of cultural enrichment is this?

Even after all the mod support for CK2 Paradox still refuses to allow modders to determine who wants to marry who based on culture or race, because if someone modded North Europeans to be resistant to marrying their daughters off to the random negro who spawned in court somewhere it would offend the Swedish PC police.

So as long as any two character are fertile the game allows them to be married and the AI will try to marry them. The only way to prevent it is to have an event that fires the day after marriage and breaks it if its a bad one.

there should just be another cathegory. "Faith, culture, ethnicity". It would be an extreme boon for modders

Didn't Elder kings have a marriage modifier preventing marriages if it wouldn't produce children so beast races couldn't marry man races or mer races.

Pretty sure it just prevents marriage between different religious groups, like vanilla. Doesn't really work if you want multiple races to be able to be in the same group, or if you want one race to be in multiple groups.

Can the “Remove the Undesirables” event from Vickymod (I think it was, or maybe “/gsg/mod”) be copied/pasted into NWO or other mods without error?

The part that immediately kills pops would work fine, the part that causes emigration requires messing with the individual pop files, and since other mods are almost certainly using different immigration mechanics you'd either have it not working or going into overdrive to have your country empty of pops almost instantly unless you specifically messed with the values to integrate it properly.

Cool, thanks. Seems it’s already in Blood & Iron, so I’ll have to figure out how to get it to be usable for any nation.

Also, I vaguely remember a mod that I think competed with Vickymod that let you turn sphered countries directly into puppets that would get a massive (compared to normal) increase to the population of your country’s primary culture over time. After it hit a certain amount, the puppet would apply for direct annexation, after which you could finish cleaning it out, core it up, and expand your nation that way. Sorry it’s so vague, but even the names of possible mods might help me find the event chain.

Fuck, and I forgot to mention that the B&I event to deport blacks to Liberia seems to be broken, as it just gives up after only a few provinces within states have deported.

Look at this holy shit

WE

meme magic is real

NWO has its own genocide option (and its far more effective than other mods' genocides - they'll take out a decent chunk of targeted groups, but NWO's Ethnic Cleansing will completely wipe out / expel all nonaccepted cultures in a matter of weeks because it applies a massive migration push).

To use NWO's:

political_decisions = {

ethnic_cleansing = {
picture = "ethnic_cleansing" #this may need to be changed to a stock picture otherwise the game could crash
alert = no
potential = {
government = populist_dictatorship replace this with desired government or just omit for no govt requirement
NOT = { has_country_flag = ethnic_cleansed }
}

allow = {
jingoism = 24
wars_of_national_liberation = 1 #take this out or replace with any tech you want to limit it to
NOT = { badboy = 1 }
war = yes
}

effect = {
set_country_flag = ethnic_cleansed
badboy = 5
any_owned = { limit = { controlled_by = THIS } add_province_modifier = { name = ethnic_cleansing duration = 120 } }
}
ai_will_do = { #AI conditions, may need to change these tags depending on mod or you can just set it factor to zero and remove the rest for AI never doing it
factor = 1
modifier = { has_country_flag = ethnic_cleansed factor = 0 }
modifier = { NOT = { OR = { tag = RWA tag = RSR tag = SRK tag = SER tag = CRO tag = BOS } } factor = 0 }
}
}

end_ethnic_cleansing = {
picture = "ethnic_cleansing" #this may need to be changed to a stock picture otherwise the game could crash

potential = {
has_country_flag = ethnic_cleansed
}

allow = {
war = no
}

effect = {
badboy = -1
clr_country_flag = ethnic_cleansed
any_owned = { remove_province_modifier = ethnic_cleansing }
}
ai_will_do = { factor = 1 }
}
}

ethnic_cleansing = {
local_factory_output = -0.25
local_RGO_throughput = -0.25
immigrant_attract = -2.5
immigrant_push = 70.5
population_growth = -0.002
loan_interest = 0.05
icon = 14
}

Fuck, that's right! I remember that now. Thanks.

And I'm missing some more of the code, apparently, because hovering over the options causes a crash.
I'm guessing that's the problem, but my copy of NWO doesn't even have it in the localization files. Strange.

That won't even necessarily work though, it's just multiplying emigration rates by 7,050%. If your minorities don't already want to emigrate they still won't, and if your own pops want to emigrate you'd empty your country of your own pops.

You'd need to edit the pop files and have it check for AND = { is_unaccepted_culture + has_country_flag } and have a modifier there.

It's in nwo_text.csv but I don't know what program should be used to edit those; I can sort of read them in Calc but that's it.

Look what I found

Is it always there?

I assume so - I did not rename it

I propose some sort of event modifier to make Balkan stronk against kebab. Something for Wallachia whenever they have a Dragulesti ruler and the same goes for shitty Albanians when they have a Kastrioti ruler. Yugo countries, Bulgaria, Hungary and Byzantium as well. Maybe Australia too, but they're gay and stupid so iunno.
Naturally Serbia and Wallachia get the stronger bonus against kebab.

That'd be cool.

I suggest you stop playing EU4.

Fuck off user, go back to RTS games.

What happaned to user's Edit?

It's not like Skanderbeg can stand up by himself. The battle system is just so shit.

It's better if they unfucked the AI even a little and make the Turks fun like in eu3.

I'm not familiar with EU3, how so?

Feeling pretty good about this game.

My retinue cap lets me get about 2.2k vampire knights. By my calculations a vampire knight is worth about 9 heavy cav, so that's the equivalent of about a 20k pure heavy cav stack, with no attrition problems. Then you add in my +70% damage vs. religious enemies, +70% morale damage and +50% cavalry damage and I think you can call the game broken.

so pretty much like tabletop?

Unify the Balkans under rightful Austrian rule and crush the turks.

I fail to see anything wrong with making africa more interesting, specially when its just cosmetic shit.

You're missing the point. It's the fucking meme right there

So guys, I wanna do a Hitler Challenge in CK2, but I need some input on rules. Here's what I have so far:

-Start as Count of Passau (closest playable county to Hitler's hometown)
-Cannot marry outside of German culture group
-Must expel Jewry as soon as option becomes available
-Cannot have Jewish characters as vassals/advisors (such as Rabbi court physician)
-Must immediately shoah any Jewish characters that do come under your control

Any other restrictions I should think about adding?

If by shoah you mean imprison or expel. Remember, there was no actual genocide delivered against jews (unfortunately).

Don't do anything that could be considered morally wrong. Jews don't count of course.

Not a restriction but a goal should be to destroy the de-jure french empire.
And let the papacy alone,dont vassalize them.

late game, get in a war with the biggest blob in Russia and lose

CK2 doesn't have an America to fund and arm the rusblob so he'll probably win.

Well, it's CK2 we're talking about, so I don't expect anyone with half a brain to ever lose any war

So for over a month I didn't put up a new link for the game downloads. I did a day ago and it is already down. Imagine the determination.

Obviously he needs to turn on Sunset Invasion.

Help asturias survive the kebab and reconquista the peninsula and have them as friend0s.
Help create an independent italy.

Any links for Stellaris with all dlc and updates? The link isn't working for me.

Right in the fucking OP, learn to read.

I need to learn to read.

Yes, you do.

This entire channel is pure fucking gold.

Hoi4: The only game where you can conquer the world as Belgium and legitimately cut out 99% of it because its uninteresting and simplistic.

ISorrowProductions used to be funnier when it used EUIV and had a drier sense of humor, but it still gets me at times.

HOI4 itself is terrible because for every good thing they did, they fucked up the AI and the combat. In a fucking wargame.

I am getting depressed and thinking of ignoring work for the next day. Which game should I throw myself into? DA or HoI3?

You mean DH? Depends on what you like more. I find DH to be much better for historical RPing and border sculpting (as you and your allies can actually agree on what land goes to who after a war, rather than hogging that one exclave until the end of time). Definetely better for immersion that HoI3. On the other hand, if you are more into wargaming and fighting for every kilometre, managing supply lines, etc., then go for HoI3. Unfortunately there is no mod out there that would combine the strengths of both of these games to make the ultimate WW2 simulator

victoria 2 for ultra comfiness

How cancerous has this become.

EU3 is the best for me.

less then paradox

Bone the fuck up on history.

So are these the most hideous borders in the modern world?

Fixed that pic for you user

give Donetsk to Russia, Zakarpatska oblast to Slovakia, and partition the eastern part between the baltics and Poland as appropriate, and then it will be perfect

I don't really mind Ukraine owning Crimea so long as Ukraine is part of Russia.

western part* fuck

That's an awful lot of rightful Lithuanian clay right there.

Northern Bucovina is rightful Romanian clay, as well as Bugeac. Just annex fucking Basarabia already, Moldova and Transnistria are fucking 3rd world-like abortions, and Ukraine is fucking ruled by soros' cronies.
Also give back southern Dobrogea to Romania while we're at it.

Man, Ukraine is so fucked up, it's like it was made by westerner kikes a-la middle east territorial partitions :^)

Eastern commie kikes, actually, when they broke it away from the Russian Empire during the Russian Civil War.

Yeah just read about it; by the end of the day, they're all kikes using old divide & conquer tactics.
Seems like Romania's my autistic flavor of the week, any more interesting things about the guys? They seem pretty cool, their folk music's pretty lively as well.

Half of Romania is Hungarian clay; Romania only has it thanks to (((America))).

Hitler was into animal welfare. No going on hunts.

No, the American President was the only who opposed the Trianon bullshit actually. The French and the Anglo-Kikes are to blame for it, they didn't want Hungary strong again, they simply destroyed a potential competitor.
America couldn't have cared less seeing it was on the other side of the globe.

use megadonwloader

Hungarian are mongolian animals that shouldn't be in Europe in the first place, much less given parts of other countries

Hungarians together with Austrians are the defenders of European Christendom from muslim turks.

Romanians are basically glorified gypsies.

Hungarians were never mongols, you retard. They came from the Ural Mountains, which is obviously in Russia, not in Mongolia. The only thing they have in common with mongols is that they were nomadic horse lords, which is not something exclusive to Mongolians.

they didn't defend shit. In fact, they were so bad Austria had to annex them and take charge

Just embrace the meme you mongoloid

They blocked turkish advance into Europe while serbroachia, wallachia, and moldovia were licking ottoman boots.

Unlike Serbia or Moldovia, Hungarishits had the backing of HRE, Croatia, the Pope, Austria, and others, yet they still fucking lost and got partitioned. Habsburgers were what finally stopped Otto, Hungary was a mere speedbump

But it should be

Would that actually go around the transfer limit?

Why would they do this?

What did they change about him?

He took over Denikin's old role as the more moderate authoritarian and Kornilov is used for the Vozhd path instead.

stupid sexy yugos

Anyone wanna play Hearts of Iron 3?

Add me on skype GulielmusTheEternal, got 1 other so far, had 3 on top of that but I don't know what happened to them

Normal people call it the Carpathian Basin

Yes. The download speed does fluctuate a lot, never disconnect though.

Then again, I don't live in Freedomland. Maybe you'd have different experience.

I live in Slavland. So far it has downloaded twice the supposed limit of 6GB, so that is nice.

Plot twist: She's Croatia's president.

This new Vozhd is pretty neat too I guess.

happy new year fam

here's to more kikery from paradox and a less buggy NWO

Is HOI4 still broken?
I've heard about this full AI overhaul mod that supposedly fixes it

is that fitzilwitz?

Sounds a little different in voice, but similar in style.

If there was anything fixable by modding Paradox would steal it for themselves.

I assume you're referring to this one:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=741805475

I haven't tried it, nor do I plan to. I just got fed up halfway through a game with Japan on the latest patch. Spoiler alert: it's still fucking retarded. I had two fleets, one composed of a single class of carrier, and the other composed of a single class of cruiser. The cruisers had a higher listed range than the carriers, yet they could only go 4/5ths the distance. I flipped my shit and quit. There is a clear lack of effort to playtest and fix obvious problems.

I'm sure they've already tried but couldn't figure out what exactly modders were changing (from what I understand, most modders don't even understand it).

t. Putin

Crimea historically belongs to either:
-Byzantium
-Steppe niggers
-Russia
Both Byzantium and Steppe niggers are no longer applicable. Hence it bleongs to Russia.

Good morning, gsg. Today we show the King of Nibenay what happens when n'wah try to invade Morrrowind.

You fool, you just gave him the perfect excuse to nab himself a qt 16 year old

Like insects, they'll all come and go within a fraction of my lifespan. Can't stop them from breeding. Any one I can find the opportunity to squash, I will.

That is more fitting for Wrangel's actual political views, still sad to see him go. He had the looks required of a literal Hitler

Friendly reminder that the referendum was valid.

Why do they do this.

Is Stellaris good now? Or should I wait more time for the game to have more content & mods?

Wait. Parajews are known for content bloat, but holy shit Stellaris really needs that. Also, all those modders need to hurry the fuck up - so far they haven't released anything serious, mainly just cosmetic shit

Vicky 2 teaches us all that spring of nations was a mistake

What part of "the invisible hand of the free market will fix it" do you not understand? The economy is just restructuring itself to a more efficient model of producing shit nobody needs with stuff you don't have.

the invisible hand of market is actually a working concept. The issue with it is that it unavoidably leads to globalization and dependence on import

Any of you lads got The Witcher Kings for ck2 working?

Also, I've been planning to get back to Vicky, what are some mods that give the game proper events? This Iron & Blood seems cool.

Free market requires intelligent actors that think for and support themselves. Victoria 2 pops are actors that throw darts at a board to pick what to build and get away with it because they don't actually need food or any other product to survive.

Basically no improvements have been made. Check back in 2018 if Stellaris 2 isn't out.

subjects of Byzantium

Are there any small mods that add Kidnapping Plots to the game?
I don't want the entire CK2+ mod just for that feature..

GroB-Germany knows no bounds.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that he was just trying to reconquer that Nibenese county you own.

I just want it to end

Why won't it end.

I vaguely remember an infograph that was pretty much "Baby's first Vic2 campaign." Anyone have it, or other Vic2 resources?

You need to push through to Universal voting rights asap so all the conservative farmers, miners, soldiers, and craftsmen can vote.

If you only let the wealthy or the wealthy and middle class vote, you'll get disgusting liberalism voted in.

Also pass social reforms asap to undermine the socialists.

crusader kings 2 really is the skyrim of grand strategy games

try making israel as da joos and tell me its still piss easy like skyrim

Isn't that a mod?

there's a rare event that can make you have a child who's the son of lucifer and he'll spawn helpful demon armies if you make him a commander when hes older

Hearts of Iron 3?
Anyone wanna play multiplayer?

Yes, but not with you.

lmaoing

There's nothing ahistorical about this; catholicism stopped being Christianity near the very beginning of the timeline of the game.

Now HERE is the ahistorical shit.

Voting is how leftist ideologies have any power whatsoever, you mean. The wealthy vote mass immigration and open borders and free trade. Well to do middle class vote for mass immigration and open borders and free trade. It's mostly only the working class and some of the middle class that vote right wing.

So V2 actually does pretty well in that regard.

Where can I find my screenshots? I look into the screenshots folder of the game itself, but it's empty

user\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Gamename\Modname\screenshots

Thanks

They’re saved as bitmaps for whatever fucking retarded reason, so change them to JPG or whatever.

(checked)
So that's why Windows told me there was a new app for open them

Fuck off proddycuck.

He wasn't even a sperm yet back when my father took that county.

Saved.

Tell me it's gonna be okay, /gsg/. Tell me you get a chance to start the immortality questline on your first ruler all the time, and that I didn't just blow a huge opportunity.

EVERY FUCKING THREAD SOMEONE DOES IT

STOP BUYING PARADOX DLC.

Too bad you didn`t look long enough to hear about the dlc unlockers

Man this divergence mod is fun as fuck. good to know there are more facists then commies in my nation.

Believable worlds

Another Red uprising.

If the Reds want a classless society, they can have the classless society in the grave, where all communists belong/

And as soon as the commies are put into unmarked graves, the facists rise up, should i just let them win?

I was going to ask if this is in Africa and then I realized it is Australia.

Yeah im playing divergence, the fascists won, so now i get to play endless conflict with the communists/socialists.

so how's poverty treating you?

It's likely to happen if you live to a particularly old age, which you probably will if you stack +health sources and stay out of combat.

That said the chance to successfully complete the chain is very low.

From my experience of failing immortality quests a few dozen times, it seems that the options that seem suicidal or outright stupid work most of the time and let you progress, whereas every time I chose the more sane and reasonable option my ruler either died, got wounded or went crazy.
I almost got it a few days ago by only choosing the "yolo" options, but pussied out at the last choice by not talking to the ghost.

I've read one of the event chains (there's 3 of them I believe), and generally the more reckless you are the better your chance to succeed and the better the chance of failing and dying.

That said even if you get to the very end there's a large chance that it was all just a fraudster fucking with you. And it's reload proof since its determined at the start of the chain.

is this a troll?

Even with all the -66%s it still costs 106.08 euro/dollars.

5 actually, 1 for every attribute (martial ,learning etc)

ckiiwiki.com/RIP_eternal_life_events
Let me correct myself, because it seems there are only 4, for some reason there is no stewardship event chain

What is his problem?
Its not like his wife could ever love an ugly monster like him.

Gentlemen, this is how my first game of HoI3 has progressed. As you can see I have capitulated the Benelux region as well as pulling off the Fall of France. What should be my next move? I see three options.
1. Operation Sea Lion
2. Attack Denmark/Norway
3. Operation Barbarossa
What say you, user?

Go take denmark, norway and slovakia.

Operation Green

Every time.

Thanks lad

I ended up winning 3 world wars and the map ended up headache inducingly bad, not to mention that everyone around me turned either Fascist or Communist, I don't think I will ever touch Germany again.

Gentlemen, here is the update. As expected the Danish and Norwegians were easy to stomp and in the meanwhile I have won many battles in the English Channel against the Royal Navy. Not shown in the picture is my great ally Japan who has taken both Singapore and Sydney. Italy has also preformed reasonably securing the Suez canal. The United States is not in the war. I see two options at this point.
1. Operation Sea Lion
2. Operation Barbarossa
I want to lean towards Sea Lion because my submarines smell blood in the water. The Brits are weakened by their defeats in both Asia and Africa, and we can end the war without the United States interfering. What say you, user?

Here is the pic. Whoops.

Early Barbarossa in support of Finland

Should I convert to Islam, Holla Forums? Or should I resist and possibly stop Islam in it's tracks? I feel as if I could conquer half the world if I were to become the Rashiduns at this point, but I would feel bad doing it.

user if you could go back in time and kill muhamad while he's still a lil shit, in order to prevent half the world from getting all fucked up, would you do it?
The answer lies within your heart.

What mod?

Only since 1913; not before that.

Hey, heretic, you want to hear a joke?
SALVATION THROUGH WORKS.
Want to hear another one?
MARY WAS ASSUMED INTO HEAVEN.
Gets me every time, you fucking blasphemous kikelover.

Yes, in a heartbeat. Deus Vult.

EU4 Extended Timeline mod.

I'd just rape him tbh. Surely god's prophet would be a cute shota.

That'd be funny.

Sea lion, dont repeat the mistakes of germany.

How's a pirate to get the latest Black Ice? The version in the archive is outdated and my google-fu fails me.

Did you try writing both the name of the game and the mod, you fucking monkey?

sage

What do you have against map simulators?

i tried to put drive.google.com/open?id=0B_CJOMppa3LYRkVqR1NDZVpsd1k in the email field to make it seem like i was sah gee ing unfortunantly for me i forgot Holla Forums had this new email protector thing

Yeah, and the only one out there is the outdated version. Cry about it, spastic.

/his/fag here, recently pirated Hearts of Iron IV after watching iSorrow and his memeshit videos on the Modern Day mod. However every time I click on a military unit it crashed to desktop, this happens in vanilla too. All I wanted to do was play as monarchist Russia and make Russia great again.

It's probably for the best.

top kek

Is halfchan down or something?

new fag detected

thats TOR you fucking retard.

nice try cuckshill

No John, you are the newfags.

Wiped out Islam (And the Armenians lol) in that Palmyra game I posted before. I think I'm going to leave it there, unless something interesting is about to happen. R8 me.

Prester John/10

Shouldn't you, as the mighty Palmyra, a descendant of the Phoenicians, rule the Mediterranean a-la Venice?

Come on user, you know what to do! Show the world who the real Semites are!

This isn't even close to OP.

Used to be you could switch from North American to Central American religions, reform religion, and keep BOTH sets of bonuses. You'd be a western nation with -100% tech cost, +20% morale, +1 colonist ect ontop of the nahuatl bonuses and the NI bonuses.

Does Extended Timeline have events ensuring the breaking of fuckhuge blobs like Rome and the kebabs or they just stay like that for centuries?

They stay like that unfortunately.
The Seljuks for example never got destroyed in my game, and by 1680 they controlled pretty much everything in the middle and were branching into India and what would be Russia.
They were the second most powerful nation after myself.
Don't know if its the same for Rome or other empires though, maybe he made events for those.

Pics related
For 600 years they did nothing but grow, never really losing any land.

I suppose you'd have to implement events for every historical blob in the game.

Besides, anti-blobbing mechanics never really worked in any Paradox game.

not really gsg related but i found a neat channel about ww1. it goes through week by week for the entire war as it happened. i never realized until now that nicholas II and kaiser wilhelm were cousins.

youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar

All the monarchs in ww1 ware cousins.

cuck

Awful channel for stupid millenials who cant read a fucking book

Rome has the barbarian invasions, and the Rashiduns and Mongols usually get Shrecked after they blob, but that's about it I think.

fuck, how do i change end dates again?

I'm gonna do an Austria game in V2, should I take Bavaria or let Germany form?

Germany above all user.

Become a part of Germany instead of fucking around down in the Balkans.

If I wanted to play the billionth Germany game in a row I'd start as Prussia.

Then do that instead. Independent Austria was a mistake.

Planning on turning it into the Danubian Republic though.

An even bigger mistake

That's the name Fascist DNB gets.

Gentlemen, after careful consideration I have decided to engage Operation Sea Lion. I did not have the border presence necessary to declare war on the Soviet Union because of the vast number of troops dedicated to guarding my coastline from British invasions. The British had to be removed from the equation if I was to succeed. We were able to land in Dover and it was all downhill from there. Taking the victory points was easy with naval invasions and they fell after capturing every victory point on the island. However, the Soviet Union has taken this opportunity while our men were bravely battling on the British Isles to declare war on us. This is an outrage. Germany would never violate the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. Also, what do I do to deal with all the partisans in my new colonies? I now own all British colonies except for commonwealth nations and whatever parts of Indonesia the grubby Japanese couldn't grab before British surrender.

Do not play hearts of iron 4, fellow /his/torian.

Hungarians were vikings and shit.

He faults Hötzendorf for some things, but he never implies everything in the war is because of him or throws blame around.
Stop spreading misinformation, you chimps.

I wonder if you guys can find all the things that shouldn't exist?

Delete this

EBIN
B
I
N

Are you just roleplaying or have they actually tried to invade?

Go post on the board faggots

Whqat mod?

Ally Finland as soon as you can. They are the key to any successful Barbarossa.

But there arent any interesting threads, and i have no ideas for a new thread.

New world order.

Release the colonies and teach them the way of glorious fascism.

No I am just a newfag. Does the AI never naval invade?

I don't believe it can. Maybe small scale, but an inability to perform an invasion was always one of the biggest problems with that game.

It tries once in a while. Problem is that naval invasion is really hard in HoI3 if you just pick a random division for the job, which is what the AI does for everything in every HoI game. The penalties for landing vs. the bonuses for a dug in defender can mean they are fighting at a 20:1 disadvantage.

I find that the problem lies more with the support for the invasion.

In my experience an AI landing will never become dangerous because they'll never commit enough forces to do major damage.

I always thought that if it could establish a beachhead it didn't have a problem reinforcing. However, that beachhead would have to be pretty significant to keep from being overrun, since it doesn't keep reinforcements nearby. It usually tries to put down a couple of divisions but doesn't have the capability to plan and manage and Overlord type attack. That's why it always fails.

Any links for HOI4 that don't requirement to make a new email account to access some Russian website? The first megalink in the OP's archive doesn't work and I assumed that's where it was as the other two megalink's beneath it are for mods.

HoI4 wasn't even in the mega link because it is cancer. Get a fucking 10minutemail, you stupid nigger. You will get the newest patches and DLCs in the ruskies.

It does, often ending badly.

That's because of lack of troops, actually. The AI runs thin and tries to make do with what it has.

This is the worst thing I've ever seen.

Trying to find an upload for HOI4 Kaiserreich but all I find is steamcommunity links. Does anyone has it?

What the fuck is this origin of this flag?
For reference it's the flag for Fascist America in HPM.

Silver Legion.

How does this even happen? Jewish educator and the AI is too dumb to say hell no to Judaism?

Court physician event.

More like (((Karlbergstein)))

This is a funny as fuck game.
Lotharingia is still Jewish and even survived a fucking crusade, Mali reformed the West African faith…

r8 my Europe

Bulgaria and Albania are vassals.

skidrow, but don't play it, it's boring and dumbed down

VeFaggot here, went away for the holidays for like 3 weeks and kinda forgot to release (and do some little bugfix work) for the next version of user's edits. I hope the VeF guys didn't update to 1.19 :^)

mega.nz/#!N1ETQCLB!RYj_2rGqjQie9tbBH-Oln1w_Ky92t6c12f507G2Nw7Q

Anyways, kinda forgot what I had added aside from those central asian shitholes (Yazd, Sogdiana and Tocharia, GoB exclusives) and Manichaeism, I think I also made a start scenario for the rise of Tamerlane, a 1444 start date and fixed a buncha shit around Wallachia (Removed kebab from Chilia, fags took that place in like 1460something) and overhauled Romanian national ideas.

For the next version I think I'll go easy and begin to code the tech and military for Vinland, maybe I'll even add a new government form with fancy names and shit. I'll also work a little bit around Romania and the non-Greek Balkans, the guys need some love.
I'll see if I can add some hidden events like suggested. I think It'd be fairly interesting to have like a diplo malus but huge national unrest, corruption reduction bonuses as well as some offensive bonuses when your Wallachia (Or any other Vlach nation) is ruled by a guy from the Dragulesti dynasty; as well as some other bonuses for the Shiptars when having their Kastrioti.
Southern slavic countries should also get some sort of bonus, as well as Hungary and Austria, when fighting against the t*rks. I'll see what I can cook up.

Is Aurora more or less autistic than Dwarf Fortress?

Anyone know of a way to get HOI4 Kaiserreich that isn't through Steam or the forums?

You were absolutely right about the dwarves, user.
Pic related, 4 year long war over a tiny plot of land, 3 dead dwarf kings, my nobility has a -30 relationship because of the levies and had to cede some territory to the orcs in Badlands because my troops were dead and I could not raise any more undead to fight the 14k orc army.
Totally not worth it, never fighting dwarves ever again.