Why are late night ratings declining after Jay Leno was fired?

Why are late night ratings declining after Jay Leno was fired?

Because jay Leno wasn’t political or took sides

The guy I miss is Craig Ferguson. He was great!

This. Also like johnny carson he had a way of making unfunny jokes funny making the audience laugh even harder if a joke bombed. These faggots just rely on applause signs and sympathy laughs, colbert even scolds his audience if they laugh at the wrong thing.

It got way too political and one sided, Boomers die off more and more each year, cord cutting and ever increasing variety and other platforms like Netflix/Youtube.

because people just watch shit on their phones now.

Because every late night host act, laugh and think the same.

Drumpf's America. Too busy watching KKK speeches and lynchings to watch progress in real time.

The times, they are a' changing

This.

IMPEACH
How many more young Mexican scientists and doctors need to be gassed until we say that enough is enough?

Why'd they have to break the team up?

you will fly soon..

YouTube Blood Sports

It's time for 5 questions!

What a dumb move by him leaving, had some of the best interviews with airhead tarts.

Kilborn was the better host of Daily Show.

IMBEACH

Yeah, cord cutting is actually real. My dad has been talking about going over to streaming services just to save money, it's not even a political thing for him. Late night in general is garbage anyway, most modern music sucks so who really cares about those guests that much and hollywood is filled with remakes so who cares about them too. The jokes are just "le drumpf and fat rednecks" so of course people are going to stop watching if they are conservatives.

Yep, makes sense. The only reason that I have cable (which I never use outside of watching sports) is because it's part of my rent. From about the months of April through October (baseball season) it's hardly ever on except for most Sundays during the NFL season and the very rare hockey game. If my cable ever went away I'd just buy the MLB Network package and stream football when I can. I fell out of love with hockey a few years ago after it got fagged up so that wouldn't be a loss really. As for the TV shows that I watch, I torrent them all to begin with and then save them to an external hard drive so cable can blow me and Netflix has never gotten a dime of mine to begin with.

Cable is virtually useless for me in terms of content. I don't need it for the news, and the choices here are CBC, CTV, CNN and Fox mostly which might as well be reading HuffPo with fewer blue hairs (except for the latter which is just cuckservative shit for boomers… although the hot blondes are nice to look at), I have absolutely zero interest in reality shows and glorified karaoke competitions and I never watched late night.

Because Leno was and will forever be head and shoulders above the rest. The kikes really tried pushing Letterman as the better show and proto-redditards tried to push le goofy face funny man O'brien as the good one.

But we all found out what a juggernaut Leno is and it was a great show to tune into. It was good clean humour that the whole family could watch. Of the newer shows the hosts doesn't even come close. Colbert always stunk, O'brien is a cuckold redditard, Fallon is a goofy twat etc. They just aren't as good.

Who ever watched any of this shit?

Fallon is offensively unoffensive. He comes across as wanting to please everyone all of the time like a tryhard.

Jay Leno was practically the face of late night TV. He was also the "safest" in terms of humor. Late night TV was mostly watched by boomers out of habit. Once he left a lot of the late night audience left with him.

There is also the decline of political humor that plays a role in this. During the Obama era, everyone was practically barred from making any comments against the president. All humor about any opposition he faced pretty much devolved into "lol ther dumb n' loud!" It also slowly drilled a "liberals can never do anything wrong!" mentality into the heads of the writers. This drove more people away including mildly liberal people. It only got worse and worse during the primaries. Then the election happened and it broke practically every liberal leaning person. All television political humor is now best summarized as a long autistic screech about Trump. No actual jokes, only parroting the same phrases/jokes forever. The only audience that wants to watch that are liberals that want their bias confirmed.

Women are taking over late night which was male dominated. Samantha Bee is the voice of this generation.

You wish

Dennis Miller Show was always the true Kino late night show though.

Didn’t she had leaked nudes that showed her grey pubic hair?

Ferguson's recent comedy special was pretty bad.
An hour long and it only has five jokes, his stories leading into other stories have no pay off, other than 'here is why part of my show sucked'

Because Conan was the original he was only funny because of bad internet memes from MySpace days said so

It didn't just drill down into the writers. Almost all of the die hard Democrats got this and added this level of smugness that infuriated me away from the party.

daddy would never spoil his body with degenerate tattoos