AMD or Nvidia for gayman?

AMD RX 480 or GTX 1060 with 6GB Holla Forums?

Tell me your experiences. Is it true that new Nvidia drivers are more and more shit? some people from my class claim to have this issue

Vid unrelated.

Are you in High School, son?

yep underage

yeah, so?

This is how you get banned, congratulations retard, you could've said college class.

well, maybe I spent 8 years in Obama high

Time to die, short fry cunt.

before this post is ded go amd if you want better experience for longer because nvidia fucks over their current generation cards as soon as their next gen comes out.

Neither. Most of the good PC games can be run on a toaster. Mustardfaggery is stupid, only buy what you really need. Do you need a new graphics card to play the games you want at an acceptable framerate?
If you don't get a fucking 980Ti and stop whining.

1060 has done alright by me, mine can run a little hot but i got a mini since my case isnt that big. its one fan, there are 2 fan models that are much bigger.
if i was cool i could replace the heat sink and what not. but im lazy, cheap and im just glad it works.

If you could get a rx 480 for around $190 to $210 then get that. If you are willing to spend more, get the 1060. Don't get the 3gb version of the 1060, its shit, 4gb and 8gb rx 480's are basically the same besides the vram.

Kek

sage because OP ded

Fuck, meant the 780Ti. My bad

Are you ban evading boy?

Why would you get a 750ti when you could get the 1050ti for around the same price, or you could go with the rx 470 which probably the best price to performance.

are you challenging that statement?

Because you can get old stuff used for cheaper. You could even get it for free if you know someone upgrading their rig.
Outside of used you're right though.

Despite you being an idiot underage ban, the 1060 is quickly becoming trash tier. The RX 470 and RX 480 are getting better and better with every driver, while the 1060 is about as good as it's going to get.

See the below video for an example. At launch, the 1060 was a good 10% stronger then the 480, now it's about 5% weaker and that gap is growing. The R9 390 is now beating the GTX 970 decisively because Nvidia isn't supporting that card either. Worst of all, the RX 470 looks on track to trounce the 1060 soon as well.

There is literally zero reason to buy a midtier Nvidia card right now.

What he said, either buy the best nvidia has to offer right now or go with amd

agreed amigo, amd cards are so cheap and the drivers are actually good this time if they don't accidentally blow up your whole.
but that doesn't mean ebin amd is faster than nvidia because that's a hot spicy meme

Please refrain from posting coontunes, nigger! Yo nigga bix nood mup da woop, am i right?

Nothing you said in that second sentence is how ANYONE speaks.

i wouldnt count on it. in any case, its considered humor through exaggeration.

Let me correct him then:
Di bi da hoo da ba he he na me na me sho de ha ha ha pla n daw

You don't live around blacks that why you like them.

WRONG!

Unless you want to use the PCSX2 emulator and stuff
I hear it only works well with nvidia

are you sure?

That would be really strange, because AMD has always had stronger raw compute performance then Nvidia. I can only assume then that PCSX2 is optimized for CUDA, which is honestly a little silly.

Holy shit this can't be real.

whole pcsx is silly.
but I dont think nvidia would go on and bribe them altough they have a looooot of money

I got

When I put in the contents of the first image.

Funny how AMD just need to pump proper drivers and wait for Nvidia to burn itself in its own jewry

Best part of the thread

Tried it myself I can't believe that typing random shit translates into niggersih

It's called OpenGL you twits, DirectX is ass in PCSX2 and OpenGL is ass on AMD compared to Nvidia, about 30% worse.

You're a liar.

Raw compute performance has little to no relevance in emulators currently because they're literally only three things that use it and all of them are experimental and broken to various degrees.

PCSX2 has nothing relevant to CUDA at all, and actually the one time someone tried making a renderer using compute shaders it worked far better on AMD because Nvidia doesn't have good OpenCL support on mainstream cards (it was never finished though so it's not very relevant either)

The reason you prefer an Nvidia card for PCSX2 is that AMD has shit support for OGL overall and while they follow the official implementation guideline closely their implementation is just slow as shit Nvidia just piles up hacks on an okay implementation instead.

They don't need to they just have good dev support, and they have already accepted request from various devs to change shit to make their life easier (which is why the SHIELD 1 was the best device for emulation for quite some time despite the mediocre specs) unlike AMD where you literally have to harass them them for months to get a "maybe latter / SOON™" for some basic fixes to something that shouldn't be broken in the first place.