Hitman (2016)

In this thread, we will decide if this game is shit or not.

You will compare this game to Hitman: Blood Money.

Any post deeming it shit will have to explain what elements and mechanics make it shit, else it will be deemed just driveby shitposting.

Maps are huge and nonlinear and packed with content, but their size is artificial since it's essentially two assignments in two maps crammed together in every episode. That said every assignment and every map is just great and has a lot of creative opportunities for hits.

Maps don't get the same returns on bonus targets as something like Ground Zeroes does since it's essentially still just killing a target in the same map using the same techniques and opportunities, I had more fun replaying missions for the intended targets.

Ranking system seems to punish fun but if I remember correctly it's the same qualifications for Silent Assassin as the previous games. It would have also been nice to have some difficulty setting like "Give Me Hitman" that automatically turns off all of the Absolution settings in the menu, but it's not like it's that much effort to go and turn them all off individually.

The addition of a suspicion interval before hostility might make the game a little more casual but it was definitely welcome instead of NPCs going full lethal if you make the smallest misstep since that was a pretty implausible response already, and certain NPCs do react that way when it's appropriate (like the soldiers in Episode 3). Complaints about the AI might be valid if the previous Hitman games were shining examples of good AI as it is, but there are as many if not more rough spots in the previous games too.

Overall I thought it was a great game and only gets criticism from me for the business side of things, not the game itself

It's irrelevant how good the gameplay is.

Alright, just by these two posts the situation is clear here.

That alone sours the whole game for me. It's a shit mechanic that needs to get out of games. Either the game is balanced around it so turning it off would just make it arbitrarily harder due to poor design that relies on it - like Skyrim without quest markers - or if it's one of those "optional features" tacked on that just undermines the rest of the gameplay with its inclusion.

Please buy Holla Forums™: Episode 2 to view the next posts, only $4.99!

Contracts was better than Blood Money, though.

Blood Money

The Good

The bad

Hitman 2016

The Good

The bad

easy, blood money
reasons for blood money: I played this when i was 14 and its good because its old and its easy
reasons against hitman 2016: I never played this before but its new so i hate it and justify it by parroting lies i heard and complaining that it costs money because business model is different than im used to

$0.01 has been deposited into your account.

It's a really good game, but poorfags and russkies can't play it because of Denuvo, so they'll petulantly shit on it every chance they get.

I mean, denuvo's a piece of shit for sure, but declaring a game to be shit because of something that's not gameplay related is retard territory.

Turn it off. Turn opportunities and waypoint markers off, too.
The game isn't balanced around them, like some people claim. Those things are just on by default as an attempt to re-balance the game in favor of casual scum. With them turned off, the game plays exactly like blood money.

It's the latter, since you can beat the game with no trouble without Batman vision if you have even a small amount of situational awareness.

The levels themselves are alright, although too big for my liking. The story is barely there, as it should be.
There are some retarded things in it though.

1. You still have the coins, but now you have a limited number of them and they take an equipment slot. Am I to believe 47 is so fucking poor he can't carry more than five quarters?

2. You can't just show up on a mission with poison. You need to FIND the poison on the level. Can't bring it with you. What is worse, if you have poison in a syringe you can only inject people with it, you can't poison drinks for some fucking reason. There are also poisons that make the target throw up, but all it does is create an opportunity for a kill when you could have just poisoned the drink with something lethal.

3. All-out Rambo approach is not viable as you get gunned down in three shots from anything. You keep unlocking all those fancy weapons after every mission but they are essentially useless.

4. The game is designed around instinct, no matter what people say. It is not critical, but it can be annoying. See, there are some npcs that recognise you no matter what disguise you wear, and they look the same as the others of that category. So your only option is to look at them with instinct and see the dot over the head.

5. Unlocking points of entrance is supposed to be good for replayability, but really spawning you alrady in the level with a pretty good disguise is not a different way to play the level, it's just skipping most of the content.

6. Multiple targets for each level makes it feel a bit unfocused, considering these targets are usually so far away from each other they essentially have their own levels.

7. The AI is fucking braindead, even more than in previous games. You can get away with ridiculous shit. For example, in the level with a singer and his lawyer I decided to just run up to the lawyer from behind and break his neck right in front of his bodyguard. Then I hopped through the window onto a nearby shed, punched a servant, dressed up as him, went out through the back door and that's it, I was through.
During the Paris misson I just walked into a room, dropped a lamp on one of the targets and left. I was suspicious for thirty seconds and that's it. There were at least six guards in that room.
At another occasion I needed to kill a woman on an auction, but she was on the balcony with her guests. I threw a coin, accidentally missed, and then suddenly decided to choke her out right in front of everybody while dragging her to a nearby room. After snapping her neck I cahnged into a waiter outfit and tried to get rid of the rifle, but since I forgot which button threw shit I ended up unloading it into a wall. After I dropped it the door opens, the guards see me standing over the dead woman with a rifle on her and they do nothing. I'm not even suspicious.

Overall it's alright, but fucking casual.

You can unlock poison with mastery levels, both syringe type and liquid to use in food and drink

and
true but I easily completed the main story with all options turned off and once you play the levels enough you should be able to memorize hostiles or atleast learn to hide before opening doors to not walk into a hostile guard

playing the missions with disguise and weapon criteria also gives a really good challenge

Instinct and the suspicion dots are completely separate

Coins are OP as fuck, so this is fine.

Poison is OP as fuck, too, but I agree that it's bullshit that you can't even unlock poison for future runs.

This is true. You can commit mass-murder in other ways, though, such as with bombs or carefully chosen sniper nests. It's not the same as just running and gunning, though. That's not the point of the game, but it was always fun to blow off some steam by just sprinting around on a murder spree.

Not even remotely. Everybody gives glaringly obvious audio and visual cues to what they're doing, and every important NPC either has a unique outfit on, or unique animations, and usually is constantly spouting monologue as they walk around. There's no information instinct gives you that you can't easily obtain without it, and turning off instinct is the first thing you should have done before even starting the first level, honestly.

I agree mostly. It's nice for gimmicky speedruns, but otherwise meh.

100% agree. It also makes the levels drag on for ages the first time you go through them, assuming you're doing them with opportunities and instinct turned off like you're meant to. The france level took about 4 hours to do silently my first time through.

Yep. This is completely true. They compensate by roping the NPCs to some extremely inconvenient routes, but they have such a small vision and hearing radius that even that isn't too big of a deal. They also give far too much warning when you're being spotted by somebody who can see through your disguise (and if you have instinct on they even give them a special batman marker for double warning).

Casual as fuck with instinct on for sure.
It's moderate-to-challenging if you play it with instinct off, opportunities off, and without cheating by looking up guides, though. Once you know each level, they become complete cakewalks, which wouldn't be the case if the AI was up to snuff.

Why would rich people carry quarters m8

I played without batman vision and the dots still appear over npcs. No need to activate anything to see them.

Is buying the complete 1st season worth it? It is for 25€ on steam right now.

7 episodes is more or less a complete game and from what Ive read and seen in videos, the gamelplay seems as good if not better than Blood money.

reconsider your life

I bought it on sale but honestly if the publishing bothers you that much I'd wait for CPY to crack it

Is that the game where you shoot up white people for niggers?

You should kill yourself for even considering it.

You're posting in a shill thread so is it any wonder.

SHILL GTFO

Never forget, you are not allowed to talk about video games on the video games board

nice

Oh no these stupid shitposters are literally deleting my discussion

>>>/neofag/

time for a different strategy ?

Don't know why everyone's so bothered by the "always online" portion of the game when the story missions can be played offline with no problem besides keeping separate save files. Although on that note another complaint I have is that they butchered the save system from Blood Money with frequent autosaves and as many manual saves as you want.

For #7 although you're describing a viable approach you're also describing a one-star rating, since you'd receive penalties for found bodies and you'd also miss out on the "Never Spotted" bonus if you even arouse any suspicion. I'm also not sure an NPC misunderstanding that you might be a culprit in a crime is all that worse than an NPC psychically knowing you were responsible for a crime despite leaving the scene without being spotted.

The game itself isn't shit, but the pricing and episodic releases is retarded. Also not enough levels. The levels sort of have replay value since you can do optional contracts and try to find new ways to complete objectives, or just go in with a fucking machete and see how long you last. I only really find myself replaying the Hotel and Mansion levels, which isn't even that often.

tl;dr the game has potential, it's just layed out terribly

It's shit, because it's shit in every way possible
Say one thing about the game, it's probably shit

I don't know if it's fair to say a Schubert piece is "from" Blood Money

The soundtrack featured it, so yes

If it is the latter then it's not quite as offensive, but it still shows their willingness to include features just to accommodate for casuals even if they trivialize the design of the game.

I remember at least 4 other tracks

hey whats that opera song where the chicken dies?