Escape from Tarkov is pretty cool

Just got into the Escape From Tarkov closed alpha and it's pretty neat. They haven't lifted NDA on video/screenshots yet but I can say that the video linked below is representative of what I'm playing.

Basically /k/: the game and it has S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-like atmosphere in a similar setting (without anomalies and mutants)

There's very little survival crafting shit either. You're not eating 80,000 calories and drinking 20 gallons a day to survive either.

youtube.com/watch?v=a70_QmnjhCU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ok1lWEq2Q-Q
store.steampowered.com/app/374280/
groundbranch.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gonna have to tell us about shit we can't find out from released info, user.

How's the gunplay? Can you actually load your mags with mixed rounds (e.g. every other round is AP)? How exactly does the gamemode(s) work in practical terms? Are shotguns good past 5m in front of you like they should?

I still don't know what the fuck this is. Is this an openworld game? Is it singleplayer or multiplayer? Is it just a deathmatch game? If it's multiplayer, I lose all interest in it.

Gunplay is fucking awesome. Also you can mix rounds, it's something I do.

The game mode is basically faction versus PVE versus faction. Online and offline, if you "Escape from Tarkov" you can store your loot in your stash or use it in the next excursion. It's pretty sweet.

Shotguns are definitely viable beyond short range, but obviously you're better off with a pistol or a rifle for medium to long range

Open world, you're dropped in a massive zone and the objective is to escape the zone. Basically STALKER freeplay mode online/offline with persistence and exit areas.

Its going to be P2W after the full priced release just like Black Desert.
Mark my fucking words

I thought it was a F2P MMO, that being the only thing Russians are interested in.

That doesn't sound too bad. But the gunplay looks like absolute ass from what I'm seeing. The guns sound like they aren't even firing any bullets, it's just got some kind of vibrator going on inside. And the autistic as fuck switching between two sights like the ultimate mall ninja just makes me cringe. Wasn't the only previous games these devs made some Unity browser game that was just a really shitty browser-version of CoD?

Wait it's going to be free? D R O P P ED

Why would they alienate their audience when they can continue selling them expansion content every 6 months for an extra $20?

Every STALKER/milsim fan in the world is going to want to play this.

No idea about their history but they're extremely competent based on the build I'm playing. There definitely are projectiles with ballistics in game.

Also it's buy2play with map expansions every 6 months. No cash shop or anything like that.

Nigger what, those things exist in real life.

nice try schlomo

What's up with the hate for Unity? A competent team can produce a competent game using Unity.

You do know they got the lead designer behind Frostbite working on this shit now right? I have some connections over there (gamedev) and it's sounding like Unity 7 will be far better than Unreal Engine and that's coming this year.

I like the autism but it seems like a multiplayer game. While a multiplayer or co-op mode sounds like a neat extra, I wouldn't want that to be the main experience.
Are you a shill?

Nope, not a shill, just a /k/ autist that spent $110 to play something that resembled STALKER

It is multiplayer and there's an offline PVE mode but multiplayer is way more fun because it's faction versus PVE versus faction

Is the singleplayer component fleshed out though?
Say the game was released, I play some MP but eventually come back to a nonexistent playerbase, could I still have proper fun with the singleplayer?

Either you're a shill or an idiot. Either way, looks interesting enough, maybe I'll have to grab it when it actually releases.
And is on sale
Preferably after a year or so, for 15$

Is this shit online?
Cause if it's online that's an instant turnoff for me

This is a great question.
Also i really really donì't want to deal with slavs cheaters, i've already enough with the west script kiddies.

It's an offline version of the multiplayer version, it's what I'm playing during the hours people in my region are asleep and I'm having loads of fun with it.

It's a shooter made by a bunch of slavs with a clear inspiration from STALKER freeplay, don't see what's wrong with the comparisons even though it doesn't have RPG mechanics and mutants.

Their anti-cheat is good if you decide to play the game online (you'll always be able to play with a party of your friends in a squad).

STALKER didn't really have much in the way of RPG mechanics. What do you mean? No inventory?

Another reason the SP should be fleshed out.

I see. I have another question in a similar vain. Say you have 3 people plus yourself, could you play the game in coop against the AI?
Could you do 2V2VE?

And a VERY important question: Does it use dedicated servers?

Its going to be full priced and then they're going to add micros.
Just watch, these are Russians

Money on the short term
These are russian kikes

It looks fun, it's a real shame that it's online.

Dedicated servers yes.
This game is far too big for 2V2VE, even a single map is like 10 battlefield maps stitched together (remember, you're supposed to escape, it's meant to be big)

There'd be another squad on your faction with you if you only had 3 people.

They're russians that can make a quick buck or they can make triple the amount and everyone involved can walk out a multi-millionaire.

If they were trying to make a quick buck, they could shit something out that didn't take 3 years (and the passion really shows in how detailed everything is).

Yes, and? That doesn't make it alright to play bop it with your rifle.

So you're justifying your insanely retarded waste of money.

I liked what I've seen but I'm a bit disappointed there's nothing interesting going on like in STALKER, mutants or anomalies or such. Also really unsure about the revenue model. Map packs are a surefire way to kill the community fast.
I liked the concept of DayZ back when it was a mod. If they managed to make it work then that'd be fun. But I'd rather wait and see.

user, I don't care if the map is "too big" for 2V2VE. If I wanted to basically have a competition I should be able to do so. By that logic singleplayer wouldn't work at all either and neither would 4VE.
A shame that it seems like one can only do the 4VE and not the other.

I have disposable income and in the past, I bought the most expensive version of ARMA 3 which gave me all expansion content and it really paid off. From what I've read, it seems like it's the same case here.

Best you can hope for is Survarium to pick up. Who knows, they might actually put out freeplay now that they're in their fourth year of development.

I think map packs are a surefire way to kill a community in a game like Call of Duty which has plenty of competition but this? Everyone who likes this will be buying the expansion content.

Just saying the game isn't designed for that and unless they make private servers that are entirely separate and do not share progression with their servers for obvious reasons, you'd be using up their resources to play private matches with your friends when the game is designed for 24 people.

Maybe they'll come out with an arena shooter module or something but as is, the game isn't for the scenario you gave me and I doubt it will be unless they really go out of their way to support private servers.

You HAVE to be a dev to be this delusional.

Looks good but also seems like a lot of wasted potential if they don't make a large single player campaign.

user, I…

I'm not a dev, I'm just really enjoying it and I can't imagine people that are starved for this kind of game saying "nah I'll stick to the base game forever"

When you're really into a niche like this, you buy everything related to it. Go look at the Train Simulator people.

Don't even joke about that.
I wouldn't, especially if they already have other microtransactions in place. It being an open world game doesn't make a difference, map packs in multiplayer games ALWAYS split the community.

His English is a bit too good for a cheeki breeki

This might be in Russian, but its AMAZING how much detail gameplay has, this rivals most of what AAA offers these days

youtube.com/watch?v=ok1lWEq2Q-Q

A game like this is hardly a niche game. This is something a lot of people would enjoy, as proven by all the open world shit that got successful despite being really bad games.
Expecting your average customer to pay $100+ to get the "full experience" is fucking retarded. You're only shooting yourself in the foot by making the game unappealing to most people.

There aren't other micro transactions in place, it's buy2play with post-launch map expansions.

You load into excursions, not just an open world so as long as you have 10 people playing, it's not like it matters how split the community is.

As I said before, it's really niche and when something is in high demand and it's really niche, there will always be people who buy it.

I'd rather have this than the alternative of them going full War-Z where you pay per life or something.

The full experience is $40, the full experience + all post launch expansion content ever developed is $100

Only absolute retards pay to be drip fed content. Not enough people to keep the game from dying with a model like this is supposedly going to have.

This. I honestly don't understand how anyone can say this is in any way even remotely similar to STALKER. Is being a slavic FPS all a game has to do in order to be STALKER now?

Depends on the current competition, while an AMRA-like isn't going to sell anything like NuDoom it would be only the second game in a genre and a heap of people would buy both as the genre is dry and the players are thirsty.

And there it is.

And Niggerfield goes strong user and it's rehashed shit. People got scammed for less, Star Citizen.
Why do you still have faith in humanity?

These developers also made Contract Wars and this thing:

store.steampowered.com/app/374280/

You can see the re-used assets and concepts. Escape From Tarkov is basically the same game they have made twice before. The game is probably never actually going to come out, and will spend the next few years in development hell before they just disappear and move on to another project under a new name.

Fair enough. I remember seeing the pre-order rewards and those sang a different tune.
Yes it does. Say, you have 10,000 people who bought the map expansion and 10,000 who didn't. Those two bases are not going to play with each other. And if you keep adding paid map packs it splits even further.
Conceptually it's a game that will appeal to a lot of people. It's not niche. You don't know what niche is.
War-Z was a scam from day one. That's not even a relevant example to bring up.

lol

Also
The full experience is EVERYTHING THEY RELEASE, not just the base game.
You can't reasonably expect people to spend $100 for a game they have no idea how good it is. Even better is when you buy the game and the DLC after release and it ends up running you more than if you pre-order it.

I want games like these to do well but not with these sorts of practices. I'm not a fucking gold mule.

I'm not trying to sell you the game? Wait for the beta (coming in two months) or even the release.

They can't just go for years and years unpaid.

I repeat, there is no way you are not a dev or in some way connected to them and shilling for the game. I refuse to believe someone is this fucking stupid and such a blind fanboy to some shitty browser game.

Okay? This not justify drip feeding your players content for cash. Have you heard of this little game called Terraria?

Yeah… You're probably a shill.
Either that, or a serious fanboy type. Spending some hundred bucks on an unfinished game'd do that, I wager.

I genuinely don't care when you get it, just recommending a fun game.

OP actually is a shill, probably connected to devs. He comes here every now and then, and all these threads look exactly the same.

It looks like a browser game. It looks like it plays like a browser game, too.

Now you have my interest.
To what extent is singleplayer actually in the game?

I think you're misreading, user. It's a multiplayer game with tacked on "singleplayer".

oh.

And STALKER has a tacked on freeplay mode but people spend hundreds of hours in that

But it's literally the entire game.

I watched some youtube videos of this game earlier this year. It has potential and I hope they don't screw it up.

Even if op is a shill this sounds interesting

and the fact that it will be f2p is just another upside

t. poorfag from slavlands

Are you the shill making threads for Titanfall 2 and Squad? I appreciate that you hype it but add a little criticism to make it seem believable and relatable. Be sure to mention the Steam discount when it's released too!

but it will be 45$ user

Only after you turn off the Brain Scorcher. Before that you have to advance the story to get to certain areas but once you get through Red Forest you can go anywhere - but that's too little and too late because the entire game from that point is basically a sprint through Pripyat and CNPP.

Why do you make shit up without doing your own research? That goes for the entire rest of the thread and not just your post.

So is it online or offline?????

I'm guessing it's an online multiplayer game that you can alternatively play offline with bots, like Battlefield 2.

Why are you even talking about worst STALKER? CoP is the only one that matters.

Then why play any videogames?

Stop posting this shitty meme in every thread.

There's actual AI in this. It's factionvenvironmentvfaction online

it's factionvenvironment (NPCs)vfaction (NPCs) offline

also, i heard the AI in this is pretty great, some guy reviewing it said he sometimes couldnt tell AI from real players

Because unlike you I'm not a casual faggot who needs my CoD killstreaks to have fun.

Don't know what you're talking about.

yeah? how so?

Wait a fucking second.
Do you lose the gear you have equipped if you die?
That's retarded. How is this not pay2win milking?
If that's true, you'll have 80% Lv1 noobs with starter gear and 10 Lv infinity whales who farm them with their bought uberguns.
Neither group sound appealing to play.

what? there wont be microtransactions for guns fag, it's all found, also players that die will keep their exp on the different skills

This just keeps getting worse.

Still doesn't solve the inherent problems of the concept of respawning naked

I bet you can buy ingame credits for real money, which ends up being the same thing.
Also there is a fine line between "promoting careful play" and "everyone snipes from a dark corner because no one likes to lose his guns"

Last time I checked they had an insurance system for gear. Which is shit, because -apparently- you can get insurance with real money.
You can also buy bigger "stash" to keep the gear you're not using.

So when the game eventually dies, will I be able to play it offline, no strings attached with the AI, like in BF2, without restrictions?

Or is it a restricted piece of shit that still relies on you connecting to the game's servers and won't let you do much of anything?

lose all gear if you dont complete the objectives in time too

God this sounds like a fucking money grab.

I honestly get the vague feeling a lot of people here got duped into DayZ (or even worse one of the DayZ clones) and since getting burned there they now have an unnatural hatred for anything having any resemblance to it in their minds. There's plenty to be concerned about but where do you mongoloids even get the idea that it's P2W?

Since when? Also quite sure the way the game works, a newbie with a shitty pistol will still kill whoever they shoot at with a round to the head, regardless of what level they are.

You need to do some online-only instanced events to advance on the story.

Since they seem to be going for "muh realism", starting off with a basic bitch gun shouldn't really gimp a decent player very much. You (probably) won't spawn with a rail-covered OPERATOR ZA OPERATOR babby-killing black rifle and a grenade launcher but a bare-bones AK will still let you get your murder on and IIRC there was something in the video about stashing guns and kit for later.

Why would they re-spawn you naked? Even just a handgun (or fuck, even a knife if you want to get all Rambo with it) should be enough to ambush an NPC and take their shit. It's not exclusively a multiplayer game and they made a point of talking about hoarding gear.

Delete this

PvEvP is shit. Just means you're going to be ganked by griefers while you try to pick off mobs.

jesus christ
i should go resurrect my STALKER clone project in ue4 and sell it for stupid amounts of money like this implying i'd ever find the motivation to finish it

FUCK OFF SHILL
JUST PLAY FUCKING STALKER

Is this so hard to understand?
If your gear is on the line, you will hesitate to use it.
Also, if it's PvP someone HAS to lose.
So you either never use your good stuff (body armor, good guns), which will lower chances of survival, or you use it and lose it with a 50% chance if both teams are equally skilled.
This whole concept is only viable if gear is very, VERY easy to come by. Then it would just be a case of "hey, I lost my favourite gun, but this one I just found might be fun as well"

Cowards and morons will hesitate to use it because they fear losing more than they enjoy winning.

Because they're Russian

GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER

This is how feed back on concerns can actually effect development, I play OP is a dev on this game because then it might get a fleshed out single player based on everyone ITT wanting that.

Game was always P2W MMO from beginning, what lies are you spreading.

Good question, what lies am I spreading?
I have said nothing more than shills shilling in the alpha stage is a good thing because on the off chance they actually take feedback we are more likely to get a good game.

Yeah nah fuck off, that thinking is the reason MMOs aren't like UO anymore and instead they're super-safe themeparks. You actually losing something other than seeing a "You lost" screen is the whole point, if gear wasn't valuable then there'd be no point in it. I'd see the issue with it if it were a team game where if your team loses you lose your gear (regardless if you died or not), but seems to be solo, so really it depends on your own skill (and some luck, like in all games).

Of course I'm not in the alpha so I can't quite tell, but ideally if shitty weapons are easy to obtain and it has a "realistic" damage system it shouldn't be a problem since the shitty weapons you can obtain quickly will still put someone down in a pair of rounds. A bit like in Men of War when playing anyone that isn't Russians vs Germans, you're at a disadvantage but you can easily overcome that with decent positioning and tactics.

Quite sure it's session-based multiplayer. Whether or not that counts as MMO depends, does War Thunder count as MMO? I'd argue no otherwise any multiplayer only game can be called MMO. Either way it doesn't really affect anything.

Source: your ass. FAQ on the website says it will not be F2P and just pay once, and that there will not be microtransactions (they could lie but it would be pretty fucking stupid to not just ignore that question in the FAQ then). Preorder bonuses are the one thing, but a one time starting bonus (most of which you can lose like all other gear, apparently) isn't quite as catastrophic as a cash shop. Again there's a point where healthy mistrust of a terrible industry turns into straight up delusion, and clinging onto shit you are projecting onto this game because others you see a resemblance to had it is past that point.

Also anyone knows if they're gonna have beta access that doesn't require preorder? I'm not paying 30€ (or 3€, for that matter) for beta access.

I actually agree that super-safe themepark MMOs are cancer.
My main fear is that you have to run around with a knife each time you lose.

Fuck off, faggot.

So it's a shit game where I am forced to play with other players.

Fuck that.

You need to leave.

Eh, I am disappointing but I will just hope for the best.

Cautiously Optimistic. As I am with most games. We will see how it turns out.

fuck

Jesus Christ you humongous faggots.

Just the insane amount of gunporn is enough to get me hyped. Can't wait until they throw out an open beta/demo version or something.

I'll just put this in the trash where it belongs.

Guess its back to stalkan for me

Then why fucking bother?

This game will go the way of Tribes: Ascend and die, irreparably within a few years, to be lost forever because the dipshit devs didn't think beyond the first year of shekel-milking.
But whereas Tribes sort of had an excuse with the complete lack of bots when they could've just not been kikes and let people set up their own servers, this game has absolutely no fucking reason, it already has everything- but the rest is arbitrarily locked off for no good reason.

wew lad

it will literally be the worst game ever made

Dropped

Depends on how they balance it. Hopefully simple shotguns and older weaponry will be relatively easy to find. Assuming the damage model actually follows their realism idea, it should be far from impossible to kill some decked out tacticool pr0 faggot, you just shouldn't engage him at range where all his scopes and trinkets make a big difference against your rustbucket AK74 with ironsights.

Considering how stupid people are online, you could probably take most of them out with a pistol, regardless of what their armament is.

I THINK I read that there will be dedicated servers, so maybe they'll let you run private ones.

What is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-like about it?

Wouldn't you say that losing your gear upon death is kind of a souls-like experience though ?

Please dont post tumblr you fucking faggot

While I hate the term to something that isn't even slightly like something out of roadside picnic, I think it's more the dreary Slav locales that lend itself to the term.

That being said, I hope the game doesn't end up shit, the gunplay looks pretty nice and the idea of dropping, "muh mall cop load out" with a shitty double barrel hunting shotgun or killing the people who pre-ordered shit (since you can loot them) as a pretty decent time.

As another user said, cautiously optimistic. It helps ease the pain better than being hyped for it.

That being said, I'm still a sucker for slav dreary environments

It's just a sign that the devs are clueless.

Money well spent, hope you dont lose are your equipment in a single battle

NOTHING PERSONNEL

I know if I were playing I'd grab the shittiest cheapest shotgun and go hunting for people with preorder gear. Bet those fancy preorder exclusive tomahawks would make a nice trophy.

What the fuck? It's the EXACT OPPOSITE. You don't hesitate to use your consumable shit if there's a chance you will lose it all anyway if you don't. Full loot on death is the only good thing I've heard about this game so far, and it's something every online game should have.

No, you can stash stuff before a mission - you won't be able to use it, but you still have it if you die.
That's what I meant. You don't lose EVERYTHING if you die.

If I die 50% of all missions, I wouldn't take a valuable gun with me, I'd only bring a cheap pistol each time and try to loot so I can break even by selling the loot after the mission is over.
Especially If you can die because some fucker with night vision and scope can snipe me across the map just because I didn't crawl past a window once.

Oh, then that's fucking retarded. You shouldn't be able to stash stuff. The fact that this game is instanced anyway just means it's going to be an awful game. Literally nothing can save this pile of shit.

If they handle it well and have raids (that's what they're called apparently, the missions where you start at the centre and need to escape the map) of varying values and difficulties, then you could get players to simply keep the valuable stuff for the harder ones.

Not sure how they're going to convince people to actually bring out the top tier stuff though, if it's already top tier why would I risk it for a chance to get something of equal value at best?

I honestly think that's a valid issue, unless top tier stuff is still semi reasonable to find. Even then , if my experience playing DayZ with my retarded friends has taught me anything, it's that people will be tripping over themselves to find rare or expensive things and then never use them. Which hopefully will be less of a case if gear is a bit easier to find, but that also kills into the fun of making someone else lose all their gear

No, that's retarded as well. I want to be able to stumble upon some dude's stash and take his shit for myself.

The stash isn't "in game"/on your character…

So S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-like = Eastern Europe with guns

OP here. The pre-order gear is meh and I won't be using it until I feel comfortable with the game to make it last.

It's pretty good looking so far and I hope for their success if only to group up with Holla Forums and start ruining someone's day as bandits with shitty pistols. I really hope they don't fuck it up. It looks to be a potentially amazing game.

I'd rather if it means an alien environment where you don't quite know what can and can't kill you, but you almost exclusively know it's the former set in dreary, run down and dilapidated locales. Again, Roadside Picnic and S.T.A.L.K.E.R both are the best examples of this.

I hate it because it takes something S.T.A.L.K.E.R had going for it almost exclusively and makes it the new, "It's Skyrim but with guns!"

Although I guess if you want you could just take Eastern Europe but with more guns, since it's about the same way

It just got a fuckhuge update
optimization
new map
more stuff

How modifiable is the game? This is what interests me the most is the mod potential. Including a mission create mode like Arma

The MMO-like model usually means very little or no moddability.

I don't really expect it to be the next STALKER, but I do hope so.

This is crucial. Make it moddable and you'll extend it lifespan (or at least, leave room for improvement in case they fuck up).

If there are private servers, there's the possibility of good moddability. If there aren't, forget it. Still no answer as far as I know on the existence of such private servers.

The devs should have said something by now about that.

Sure thing bud.
What the fuck is Tarkov anyway? Why do people want to escape from it? Why are they there in the first place?

If i'm getting this right, you have my attention.

Also, is there a torrent up anywhere for the singleplayer game?

Fuck off you smug, self righteous asshole. The game as trash and your taste in games is trash. Go play Squad or project reality.

Why?

You need to look into it more carefully. There is pvp. It is dayz with some bots

He's just full of shit

And? You can mix round in Men of War. Different games get different things correctly. It's a matter of which game is going to add all of these good gameplay elements into one, like how in RO2 you can count your rounds from your magazine or how in Insurgency/Flashpoint you can account for bullet drop.

What I care most about, at this point, is how clunky it is. A lot of these milsim games come out and they are terribly optimized and horribly clunky. If it's fun to play, it can have as little or as much autism as it'd like.

Hold up nigga

*Smacks his lips
SO YOU BE SAYING

So basically they're saying that it's designed for multiplayer but if you git gud you can do it by yourself.

Not in that way. You can load your magazines yourself, so you could put in any combination of rounds (FMJ, hollow point, traces, whatever). Men of War just has different types of rounds you can choose from but you can't load up a 20mm with mixed AP and HE rounds. At least this is what I was asking about and I think OP understood that, and I saw custom magazine loading in the latest devlog video anyway.

As far as I know, so far only 7.62 Hard Life has that stuff.

It's similar to DayZ or any other open-world free-roam survival game in the last few years: there's AI that's (always?) hostile to you, then there are players that may or may not be hostile depending on how they feel. Except it's not persistent open world and every session you get dumped at the centre of a large-ish (~10sqkm I think) map and have to reach the exit at the borders of it. OP should probably have said this in the OP, took me a while too to realize exactly what the goal was in the game.

The gun porn will be great, the game itself will be made or broken by the meta. Like most other Russian online games (which doesn't bode very well).

Well shit, looks like they are going with grind mechanics based off those good-goy bonuses.

On this bright side this thread did remind me to check on groundbranch.com/ which seems to be coming along nicely.

Let go, it's trash son.

being retarded on intent i see