Is 2017 another dry period?

Is 2017 another dry period?

Its no secret that since the year of darkness games development takes longer so every few years we get a period between multi year developments where there are far less huge releases .
It started when EA decided they would no longer be the sports and movie tie in company and started in house production of their own original content like dead space and mirrors edge, and then shit the bed when they learnt these could not be yearly releases like their maddenshit.

So [CURRENT YEAR] as written by George R.R Martin is about to close and the last few multi year development games have come and gone.

So what do we have for 2017?

An example i can think of as a PS4 owner:

Thats it. And it is worse elsewhere, there may be rumours of Mario Galaxy 3 and Monhun 5 for the Switch but can you name any 3DS release upcoming other than a monster hunter generations cash in rerelease for the system? anything at all?

And then you have the xbone where both halo and gears were failures and other attempts to have a flagship like quantum break and sunset overdrive were called the worst games those devs ever released and the system looks like its coasting on KI and Forza life support and probably has a year left in it at best.

What do you think? is this going to be the slimmest pickings for vidya releases in years?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=red dead redemption 2 release date
store.steampowered.com/app/449830/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought we already were in a dry period. Maybe I just didn't play enough vidya but I thought this year was meh like the last one.

seriously though where the fuck are the videogames?

fags like you deserve no games anyway

I am going to give you a prostate orgasm

Quit trying to out-sodomize the OP. It's useless.

2017 THE YEAR OF SPOONY!

He's still posting Counter Monkey, wich is by far his best content.
But he's slowing down there too.

Also OP

-Nioh
-Nier Automata
-New Ace Combat
-RE7
-Gravity Rush 2
-Possible new Miya IP
-MHXX (thus new Gen)

Why do you consider this a dry period?
Wasn't 2016 way shittier and more bleak looking than this?

We already have a thread for this, , learn to use the fucking catalogue.

If you paid more that $56.00 for a console then your a faggot and you most likely did you faggot.

That's what, all you know about? Because it's not all that's coming out in 2017. Like them or not, these games coming out in 2017:

And probably more.

Jesus Christ, I thought 2016 was a dry period. If this year isn't considered a dry period and next year is, then there might literally be not a single game worth playing as opposed to this year's one or two.

Red Dead Redemption 2 you stupid fuck.

So he isn't dead from AIDS/cancer/herpes zoster yet?

uhhhh?

That's an oddly specific amount of money. What did you purchased for $56 that you deem "not faggotry"?

Not really, he's looking better now than he did in years.
He's getting laid, basically ignores his own channel and people still give him money every month for doing nothing.
He's basically living the life.

You're an oddly specific amount. Fuck you I shouldn't need to tell you how not to be a faggot I'm not your dad.

Wait, I get it… isn't $56 the price tag of the NES Mini? Did you really paid that much for an emulator?

Oh shit, he touched a nerve, didn't he?
You're such a little bitch.

CUCK

Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
If either of this is actually good I'll be set for 2017.

Bu wasn't he having PTSD attacks from Trump becoming the president?

Its not just about releases but also about knowing whats coming up. PS4 is the only current gen console i own so i use that example where kingdom hearts 3, days gone and the last of us part 2 are the only things i can name that are announced for the future, all the releases we know of come out in the next 8 or 9 weeks and after that its nothing but trailers for things that may not even come out till 2018.

fucking trumpcuck normalfags

Sorry your NES mini investments fell through buddo :^) i'm sure cyberpozz and its signal boosting will cool that hurt bum.

I know the word "cuck" is thrown around this place a little too much, but Spoony might be an honest-for-real cuckold.

Make Trump Drumpf Again :^)
Current Year Man may as well be the worst of the bunch

Off to >>>/cuckchan/ with you faggots.

and Holla Forums loves him but doubts the majesty of Rich Evans. Disgusting.

does that even have a trailer let alone a release date? all the stores i pass just have that one silhouette image saying "PREORDER NOW YOU FUKKIN GOYS"

I'm not the one paying for something I can get for free, my redditor friend. But hey, nothing personel, kiddo.

Not really. There hasn't been a CA thread for a while now mostly because these spergs aren't sperging too much nowdays

>>>/trash/

Spoony is the type of cuck that isn't happy about it but doesn't have enough self respect to improve his life

Rich is a light in the darkness friend, embrace him and know the truth and the way.

That sounds like 90% of these pathetic, squirming e-celebs who make a living by acting like perpetual children in order to entertain other perpetual children.

Well, he is a kike who gets free money every month. The only way he seems that could be improved was if he was getting back $5k/month for free like he did a couple years ago.

He hangs out with Jay "Daisy Riddley Is Charismatic" Bauman. He's cancer.

Theres actually a bob marketing term for it like "misappropriated, indentured artificial friend influencing" or something.

But user Jay is a faggot, did you forget about his under bridge escapades with a native american man?

Oh shit, he touched a nerve, didn't he?
You're such a little bitch.

I didn't usually follow pleb leddit memeia gossip, but sure, Jay is a high-grade homo.

I literally didn't know that until today, but PewdiePie used to be a DSP fan before becoming famous himself. That explains so much.

It is just after christmas, the kids have to test out their new hand me down ipads on chinese imageboards.

lmgtfy.com/?q=red dead redemption 2 release date

You better watch what you say.

rollin

Can you stop?

Still? He's only posted one counter moneky video for 2016 out of 6 videos of this year. The others being 2 reb brown movies, a wrestling vlog, tasting ecto cooler which he hated and an edited clip featuring sami. Unless you're a diehard fan that watches his hour block of gameplay streams, you've gotten nothing of the usual spoony.

Also, he never gotten to make that Spoony Experiment movie but I guess that doesn't count since he's way below that goal now so I guess he has no obligation to do it anymore.

Lets go Lumberjack

Fuck it why not, rollin

I have a text document on this PC that I keep around for games that are in early access, or have been announced that I am kind of hopeful for.
Look these games up and see what tickles your fancy.

Also the very first name on that list, Overgrowth

Some more names that I forgot
>Hopefully Darksiders 3 is 2017 AND is a good game, but given what THQ Nordic's been doing recently I'm not hoping for jack
>Cyberpunk 2077

The most valuable thing on this picture aren't the manchild hamming it up but the Dark Sun and the Planescape books on the right.
Prove me wrong protip you can't

why would anyone be hyped for that?

lmoa

Will Spoony do a Final Fantasy XV review?

Let's roll.

Doesn't it sell for thrice the amount on ebay though?
iirc they only had a limited amount produced, so it's another scalpers festival.

Pathologic in the fall
La-Mulana 2 hypothetically at some point
Ghost Song hypothetically at some point

Death Stranding is absolutely not coming out in 2017

rollan

After watching the beta, I'm pretty intrigued by the new Friday the 13th game. Too bad it seems to be steam and console only, though.

yah

Ace Combat 7 probably won't come out till mid-2017 dude.

roll

Honestly the only thing I can think of is M&B Butterlord, I'm fine with sticking with Doom 2 and old flight sims myself.

Rollan for skeleton

rowlerng

2012 was shit
2013 was shit
2014 was bad
2015 was shit
2016 was really shit
Do you expect 2016 to be better

*Do you really expect 2017 to be better

Rolling. Sage for shit thread tho.

CURRENT YEAR + 2

As long as I get MegaTen, I'll be fine.

For you

Rollin.

How did you fuck up something so simple?

I don't know what to tell you. Do you just exclusively play western trash or something? I'm assuming yes because you're posting ecelebs unironically. There's plenty coming out in Q1 alone if you're not a retarded normalshit.

more of the same

Rolling for sweet magic powers

Might as well roll.

Fate/Extella
Persona 5
Eventually we get Black Rose Valkyrie, Valkyria Azure Revolution, and something else I forget.
Dragon Quest 11 (potentially)

2017 going into early '18 is a good time to own a PS4. Took 'em quite some time but BloodborneBox finally got games.

And apparently Nips hate Microshill and don't care for Valve's "YOU DON'T OWN NUTHIN' GOYIM!" PC platform Steam, so it will likely be this way for quite some time.

Meanwhile the Vita will be getting dibs on PS4 copies/leftovers and the 3DS will continue to plummet in the future since Nintendo cannot stop the FUN TRAIN (DQ11 will get an inferior 3DS version but hey, it won't be as expensive as the PS4 version).

I'm upset they didn't release anything for the holidays and left it all to the next year,

NO
IT'S CRAP
ALSO CRAP

We also have lots of VN releases for PC coming up in '17, with MuvLuv getting the official re-release sometime. Someday… Eventually.

They murdered MegaTen with SMT4 and re-murdered it after sodomizing the lore with SMT4: Apocolypse

It's dead, user.

You must of missed it and I'm not sure he put that up on his channel but he raged very hard on the stream for Final Fantasy XIII-2. All because of one comment that it wasn't so bad, he proceeded to laugh maniacally as he makes a moogle say kupo. If he can't even get started on FFXIII-2 after that incident, he'll never get back to FFXV unless he's in really dire straights for cash.

weebs should be holocausted tbh

Cto 3ta?

New Torment probably doesn't need to exist. I dislike playing to nostalgia rather than coming up with something new.

whatever, rolling

If dubs BuzzLightyear

Erry tiem, go back to sodom.

raw lin

i guess being one year closer to dying is worth looking forward to

KEEP ROLLAN ROLLAN ROLLAN ROLLAN WHAT
KEEP ROLLAN ROLLAN ROLLAN ROLLAN C'MON

=High Rolla=

You mean "as a Sony product".

Now, I'm not entirely sure, but it's still 2016 right?
I didn't like, time travel to 2017 right?

rollin

So you're saying there's a pretty high chance?

You're slow as shit
I'm just waiting for Baldr Sky because Ive been itching to play that shit for years on end and I'll finally be able to someday.
Majikoi official release never ever apparently.
store.steampowered.com/app/449830/
Good joke
Not only are all of the games announced at TGS this November only being released next year or later, but more than half of those will be ported to PC.
Everything not first party is only on a timer now

rollin for 25

I'm waiting for my physical release of Muff-Luv.
I hate Steam and every self-respecting PC gamer should too.

WHY

JUST ROLL MY SHIT UP

Are you me? These are the only bigger titles I'm looking forward to, apart from that I can only look forward to indie shit

Happy new [CURRENT YEAR +1]

rolling

gay