ITT: Successful Innovations

ITT: Successful Innovations

It wasn't successful because innovation, it was successful because Pokemon.
The very same game already existed but nobody gave a shit because it wasn't Pokemon.

Ha user I won't get triggered so easily.
Pokemon of phones was successful and I still see people playing it on the bus.

YOU FUCKER

Is that really young Jobs? He does not look like a guy who would wash his feet in a toilet.

The agricultural revolution. Without it, we wouldn't have an industrial revolution.

what?

Wrong image for the thread topic.

That's not video game.

ITT falsification of history

in five hundred years Steve Jobs will be praised as our times Leonardo DaVinci.

And DaVinci was probably also an asshole that just stole inventions.

made me search for open source phones. I have an android, with a bitcoin wallet that I use for "pocket money" just in case. But still…

ITT:Dubs

worked for thomas edison

I miss 80s/90s Apple

What the hell happened to Steve Jobs? He wasn't always a gay poz faggot…

But we wouldn't have vidya games without the technology leading up to computers and consoles.

this, so many people wanted a pokemon "mmo" so much and for so long that many jumped on this fucking disaster of a "game"

Revolutionized the way computer science is taught and is still relevant today 3.7 decades later.

It's been 30 years and we STILL haven't innovated beyound the mouse and Keyboard.

We need Dual mouse control!

he died

But it helps the economy!

Old ideas become new ideas all in the way in how you use it.

How was it taught before?

Toptier book.

Money, success, shareholders, replaced by a CIA android, who knows.

PoGo didn't really innovate in any way, though I suppose you could argue that all innovations are just derivations of less successful/well known things.

I think you mean derivatives, user.

Possibly. I'm shitposting on Holla Forums, my language ain't that careful.

Pokémon GO makes me so fucking mad because the general idea of, "Let's make an AR Pokémon game where you catch pogeys irl via GPS/maps" is fucking genius, but the execution is such a staggering failure

I don't mind the aspect of catching, etc. How you get more balls gives incentive to walking around, etc.

The big issue is "What do I do with this stuff?" The entire game is the same as any other grind based treadmill; "I'm catching pokemon to level up to catch pokemon." You're there thinking "Can't wait to get a powerful pokemon so I can play the game" when in reality, trying to catch it is the game. There needed to be better ways to interact with other people, like battling in friendly matches. It needed something to stop it from being a treadmill.

I never looked into this much, but isn't catching pokemon all you do? Because if that's the case, what's the fucking point if you can't use them to battle?

Gotta Catch 'Em All!tm

Nice bait. Re-skinning shitty products isn't an innovation. Also bet the 05% of the revenue Niatic got barley covered the bandwidth and legal retainer fees.

You can battle at gyms, but it's incredibly shallow and requires no skill or strategy whatsoever.

There is no point. It's just a treadmill with Pokemon branding.