Worthwhile games released in 2016

It's that time of the current year again, so I've been making this list for a while so I can get rid of this '2016 had no good games' meme, which makes me question where the hell is everyone looking to for their videogames.
I've taken the time to separate original releases from rereleases or remakes of games released before, though I'm not really counting reboots towards the latter. There's a section for mods which were released this year or had any updates of note this year, though I can't really think of any. If you know any mods, or any other games I forgot, please do tell.

Planet Coaster

Let it Die

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

The Dwarves

Tyranny

Dark Souls III

Divinity: Original Sin 2

I am Setsuna

Stranger of Sword City

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Sid Meier's Civilization VI

Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars

The Banner Saga 2

XCOM 2

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

I should note I'm keeping out Early Access games until they get fully released

fuck off frontier kike

fuck off atari kike

Gentlemen, gentlemen, we're all Sons of the Patriots now.

I don't know if I'd consider Civ 6 worthwhile yet. It's not bad but I wouldn't recommend it until a few expansions are oout

Pokemon Sun and Moon was pretty good, although it would've been way better if it didn't have too many cutscenes and hand-holding. Easily miles better than X&Y and the piss-stain that is OR&AS. It's worth a pirate.

Here's a list:
-

Hahaha, truly epic meme dude

add Picross 3D round 2 and Sora to localizations

Titanfall 2, Blue Revolver, Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus, Sayonara Umihara Kawase PC, and Duke Nukem World Tour is worth a pirate, or a very steep sale

Devil Daggers is definitely worth a try but I don't know abt those others OP

added

not out yet

that was ported to PC in 2015

Oh dang, forgot that

I'm gonna get shit for this but despite its jew kikery online shit and episodic bullshit, the new Hitman game is fucking great.
Disable the absolution shit in the options so the game plays like the originals and its perfect. I kinda wish they added preset options so you dont have to go through and disable the stuff one by one. (it also has working mirrors)

Also add Phoenix Wright spirit justice and remove deathwing since it the most disappointing release of the year

What the fuck is wrong with you, that game is a fucking mess.

Yeah, replace it by Vermintide, it is better in every aspect.

I reckon Kirby Planet Robobot and Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice deserves to be on the list.

Add Enderal to the mods section. Only fucking reason to ever pirate Skyrim.

fair fucks to you for actually trying to see the good in this year rather than whining about it, op. for reals

You forgot DOOM

It's funny how forgettable Vermintide is when the only game it can be somewhat favorably compared to is Deathwing.

The list includes Titanfall 2, I don't think the standards are all that high. There's no need to get defensive about liking a good game

Woo constant button prompts and scripted action sequences, fuck minimalism and that gay artsy shit

I can agree with Cold Steel 2, SMT 4, Kirby, and Digimon Cyber Sluts. I'll probably catch hell for saying this, but Neptunia VII was also pretty decent.

YOU ARE ALL GAY FOR ADDING WEEBSHIT TO THIS LIST. REMOVE WEEBSHIT OR I CUT YOU ALL.

updated

I have yet to see someone who actually liked it, most responses I saw ranged from anger to disappointment

You have a point, though that was released last year

Do demos for upcoming games count?

Hearts of Iron 4. It's decent. AI is still shit though.

Does early acces count? If it does then Rimworld.

Add Postal Redux into remakes.

I'm not into fightan at all
nip subtitles are getting more retarded by the minute

no, it'd be confusing to list Nier: Automata in a list of worthwhile games released in 2016
also is that fan-made? looks damn neat

Also recent port of Oneechanbara Z2 for PC.

Neon Chrome, Seraph and Rabi Ribi

Are you the same guy who makes the other list? He likes a lot of shmups too

UNIEL is a good fightan entry to go under ports.

Put in Senran Kagura Estival Versus for the ports/remakes/remasters/localization

updated again

Yeah, otherwise almost nobody else would mention them

What about Dude Sex: MD?
I know about the kikery with their DLC sheme, but how was the rest of the game?
At least interesting gameplay?

Fuck off

Games:
Remove Planet Coaster. I've heard that there was a lot kikery involved

Add Stardew Valley

Remakes:
Sven Co-op was released as a standalone this year

Mods:
Call of Chernobyl
Doom 4 Doom
Expanding Fronts
Fallout 1.5: Resurrection

I just remembered, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth mod came out a week ago.

Adorable Chimp-Out Simulator.

Add Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni to the ports/remasters/localizations. It's a good DMC clone on the vita with yuri.

updated

I heard it was pretty much like Dishonored 2 were it was more of the same, where the level design has been improved but the story became somehow even worse and the gameplay is still identical to that of the original with all its flaws

I don't get why people shill devil daggers, it;'s a shitty fucking tech demo where you walk backwards in circles holding down left click.

Deadbolt and AM2R where both great games and great experiances.

havent heard much about this game other than blind guardian doing a song for the trailer

it's early access, but still pretty good

where's this mASSterpiece?

Deadbolt is in games third column, third row. AM2R is in remakes first column, fourth row.

still a good game m8

F2P Let it Die from fucking Gungho Entertainment turned out to be the best game this year. 2016 is wacky.

Put SaGa: Scarlet Grace and Ys VIII on the list. Project Diva FUTURE TONE too.

Nip-only titles count, right?

Oh yeah, put Project Diva X for localizations.

Underrail
Momodora
Starward Rogue
Balrum
Bastard Bonds

For mods I suggest Prophesy of Pendor (it got a pretty big update around march (i think)), Mental Omega got a big update recently. That's it, I think.

updated

eh, it'd be better if they had an English translation or at the very least be playable enough without missing anything even if you don't know Japanese, like an arcade title
no need to put it in localizations when it already has an english version in the same year

probably not for the same reason why people think Vanquish is a shallow cover shooter

Sam "five episodes" Hyde
Sam "Comic Scam" Hyde

Graviteam Tactics Mius Front

Underrail was last year

Ace Combat 3 had a port/remake/reboot when, where and on what system?

Is there a reason why Dark Souls 3 isn't on the list? It's my goty.

An English patch was released for it recently
Which is a big deal, because the official overseas version had an incredibly large part of the content cut out in the localization process, like missions and branching story paths, which this patch seeks to reimplement by taking after the nip version

Add KoF XIV
and add Under Night in the port section

planet coaster & XCOM 2

KOF added, Under Night was already present

I hear both of those games have had a recent patch which broke the game in an important way, however. Is this any true?

it's glorified map pack for dark souls 2, and even then ds2 was also a glorified map pack for the glorified map pack for demon souls

Oh I didn't see it, my bad. Might as well suggest Nitroplus

works on my machineâ„¢

It says "worthwhile games"

well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt slapping them on then

Can we add Pokken to the list?

no

why not?

Good list overall, though.

FFXV
I literally didn't even know it was a real brand until you fags complained.

it's mediocre as fuck, nobody plays it and you probably masturbate to fantasy humanoid animals

with the Sun and Moon handholding I just did what I did in Xenoblade.
I did everything else in the opposite direction to the story flag on the map

this is sad. I keep thinking of examples, googling them and realizing they came out a year or even three or more ago

Are you seriously implying DS3 plays even closely to DS2? Have you played either or are you merely pretending?

>>>/suicide/

the only game I played this year that was worth remembering was Blood and Wine

Also what a retarded reason even if there wasn't a clear differentation/expansion of gameplay between the Souls games including Demon's.

aLSO FOR rad PEOPLE, iNFINITE aIR IS A GOOD SNOWBOARDING GAME WHICH YOU CAN NOW YARHAR

I FUCKED UP CAPS BUT IM NOT RETYPING

DOOM 2016 bored me for reasons too numerous to list in a single post
Titanfall 2 had some original shit going for it in its campaign and a multiplayer which didn't suck, quite the opposite in fact. You don't even have to aim down sights most of the time, the only unfortunate things about it is that it relies on hitscan too much and is published by EA

you've got the last part right, but I'll need to know why it's mediocre rather than going by 'it's shit' and 'it's good'

If you can name one original idea DaS3 had or one improvement it made over its predecessors it gets to go on the list, otherwise you eat crow

Not an argument.
You're not wrong there.

Pokken doesn't have offline multiplayer and the online multiplayer is dead because nobody bought a Wii U, especially not the people that play fighting games.

But it does. How about you come up with an actual criticism instead of making shit up.

Off the top of my head: I prefer the faster more dodging focused movesets and enemies with more varied windups/tells, the tighter movement to compliment it.
It has the absolute unqestionably best sense of scale when it comes to bosses and enemies especially compared to DS2 (Yhorme vs The Last Giant come to mind specifically), and a few 1v1 bossfights that rival if not exceed DS2's DLCs (Nameless King certainly and IMO The Twin Princes, Soul of Cinder, and Gundyr).
In my opinion the weapon arts/paired weapons are more diverse and interesting than DS2s duel wielding mechanic (though I would prefer that system from a mechanics standpoint).
It also inarguably has the most and best unique weapons in the series. It also has the most functional and easy to use online of any of the games especially if you want to co-op or set up arenas.

Now who died and made you king of the worth-a-try games list, you episodic, always-online, denuvo Hitman (((2016))) apologist? Tell me what makes DS3 unworthy but not "At least it's better than absolution!", you holier-than-thou faggot?

this game was ported this year
since you're letting in trash like let it die, add in ICEY too

all of them are already in the list

All of the four things you listed were already done previously and better by Bloodborne, and you haven't even played the new Hitman so why would I care about your opinion on it?

oh fugg
i would like to nominate these games too if you're letting in trash like titanfall 2

Where was it ported to? Was it made by tamsoft or success meaning it's just a higher polygon count of senrans?

code of princess was ported to the pc

Pretty much

Go to sleep

Technically it does, but it drops the game to 30 fps, which is practically unplayable.

Right, nigger. When you refute my statements instead of
I'll give you some more (you)s.

P.S.

What's to refute? I said name original ideas or any improvements and you didn't, I did my part. Doesn't count claiming that Bloodborne isn't part of the same series since it obviously is.

Hitman deserves to be on the list because it's a sandbox assassination game faithful to the series and is a standout because parts of it are even better than BM and SA, and you've yet to say anything about it specific enough to show you've personally played it.

This grandstanding "n-nigger" "f-faggot" tough guy talk makes you look like a teenage redditor, by the way, I have no idea why you're getting so defensive. Are you crying?

Code of princess came out years ago.

updated

in any case I'm taking Hitman off the list until all the episodes for it get released (meaning next year), as in the future everyone will be referring to the whole package anyways like with all those Telltale games, and it'd be rather redundant if HITMAN showed up in both 2016 and 2017 lists
episodic content is really just a different approach to Early Access, where the base game is complete, but the content has yet to be made

pc

Guys I asked if it was from success or tamsoft. It is a tamsoft games meaning that it's not LIKE senran it IS senran.

Fun fact: Bloodborne really is Demon's Souls 2 but at the last minute they decided to hide that fact but the connections are still there if you look hard enough.

And Lightning Returns is the prequel of Xenosaga.

a quick google search instantly revealed it was developed by Tamsoft, if that answers your question

No no, all of the episodes are released, episode 6 was the finale. The "seventh" episode was the summer episode bonus and it already came out, the 2017 release is just the console versions for the whole season.

It's not like they were exactly shy about it during the pre-release interviews but yeah, it's all just the lost sixth archstone stretched to the length of a full game

This guy thinks I'm having a giggle. I bet he doesn't even know that Gascoigne says "Umbasa" in his unused files, and could be heard in-game if you glitched into his boss fight during the multiplayer stress test.

Dark Souls 3 and Kirby: Planet Robobot

oh fuck me, all of it has already been released? I guess HITMAN SEASON 2 could be acceptable in a future list

The connections aren't even that subtle sometimes, either. If you aggro the Suspicious Beggar to make him turn into the Abhorrent Beast, he compares hunters to beasts in the same way that the likes of Maiden Astraea compares the main character of Demon's Souls to demons.

y tho

Graviteam Tactics: Mius Front
I suppose it might technically be a remake of their earlier games, I'd consider it a full sequel.

Congratulations. I've been baited hook, linec and sinker. Keep shilling for your anti-consumer crap. Maybe you'll even get paid for it some day.

How many hours should I expect from Hitman? Every episode.

I'm not going into an essay-length post about either game a) because it's not necessary in the context of the thread and b) you've obviously played neither and I'm not giving you ammunition so you can pretend to have played them with more believability in some future thread

Being faithful to the gameplay and tone set by the rest of the series is absolutely not relevant to Dark Souls III since it's abandoned the entropic theme of the first game in the trilogy in favor of the most grandiose and bombastic in-your-face fantasy setting possible while throwing the canonical lore in a blender and then out the window. It's so damn schizophrenic it has characters and weapons from the Demon's Souls universe showing up for no god damn reason, and the reason it's so uninspired is because nobody working on the game would have been working on the game if they weren't contractually obligated to by their three-game deal with Namco Bandai

I think I averaged about an hour and change per story mission

is it still worth having chrono phantasma extend in ports if central fiction came out as well?

I've started Dragon's Dogma,
so boring and lame,
are all RPGs like that?

what is john oliver doing to the current year

updated

yea, pretty much
there needs to be some progression between starting out as a bottom-of-the-barrel scrub who can't hold his own against even a pack of wolves, to a legendary dragonslayer equipped with armor and weapons whose bonus effects are too numerous to list

He's trying to erase it all, but to no avail

If they're two different games, I don't see the problem

Literal trash tbh fam

Rush through the main campaign as quickly as you can so you can get to the fun stuff

E1, you blind double nigger

Better than SFV
Hope it gets ported to PC sooner rather than later…

Banner Saga 2 isn't a game, its an exercise in futility.

Civ 6 isn't going to be "complete" until they release their next two expansions that fix the game for the better somehow.

Thanks for the thread OP. Thought this year was shit at first vidya wise but there's some worthwhile games around.
Have a great +1 year you faggots.

Welp, I hoped it was going to be good.
I would like to suggest Ghost 1.0, it's a breddy fun metroidvania that has a really shitty bug for some copies that does not let you pick up any items or upgrades or whatever.

Didn't Gravity Rush Remastered come out this year? You could add that under remasters.

Niggers.