SNES mini

According to the Daily Mail, a recent SNES controller patent filed by Nintendo could herald the coming of the SNES Mini.

How can they do this in a way that isn't a fuck up, like the NES mini?

What price point/functionality is required to even consider a purchase?

Other urls found in this thread:

funstockretro.co.uk/retro-freak-retro-gaming-console),
shopto.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That piece of trash guaranteed nintendos lifespan for another year at least.

NES mini sold out immediately. SNES mini is pretty much a guarantee. Just put Super Mario all Stars + world, Donkey Kong Country and Super Metroid and it will sell.

Are we still pretending games from that era aren't outdated garbage?

Hate this meme. Falls under a fallacy that old games can never be good. When in fact shit games will always be shit and good games will always be good. Monster Rancher is an example of this. Old but still really good.

Exactly. Games don't age, if you play a game today that you enjoyed as a kid, and realize that it's actually shit, the game didn't "age", you just had shit taste back then and didn't know any better.

Right, because Super Mario World is as good as Battlefield 1, get real.

user if you want to get gud at baiting, take a page out of my book and soon the (You)s will flow like water.

If Ninty doesn't cut a deal with Squeenix then the thing's DOA. Half of the best games for that console are Square RPGs, Chrono Trigger for example.

1/10, you made me reply.

I can't see Chrono Trigger making the cut when squeenix is (successfully) selling it on phones for 5 bucks a pop currently.

They could go first party and normalfags would still pay $60 for it.

Super Mario World 1&2
Super Metroid
Super Mario All-Stars
Donkey Kong Trilogy
Mario Kart
Kirby Super Star
Earthbound
Zelda: ALttP
F-Zero

Boom, done. Shit will sell out forever.

Show both of those games to anyone, see which one they'd be more interested in playing.

Some games do age though.
Look at Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask, not only they look like shit (which is passable) but they control really badly because they don't have decent camera control.
Mechanics also age poorly, pixel hunting in adventure games is a perfect example of poorly aged gameplay.

OoT and MM's only visual problem is the shitty framerate, which is still an issue today on pretty much every console game, and a shocking majority of modern third person action games have equally shit cameras. Pixel hunting was never good gameplay, and is an example of something shit that you were once willing to tolerate.

None of that has anything to do with "aging".

That is extremely debatable. Also to this day those two games are the only famour third person action games that managed to be famous without having basic camera controls, which has mostly to do with nostalgia, not the fact that they make up for it with Z targeting.

It is aging, it's something that used to be tolerable in the past but is now considered bad game design.

No. It's you growing up and getting non-shit taste. Kids enjoy slathering everything in ketchup because it's loaded with sugar and kids have shit taste. Then they grow up and stop doing that shit.

Did ketchup "age"? No, you did.

And how do you explain the hundreds of people that still say that Z targeting was perfect and still call OoT the best game ever made?

nostalgia, actual plebs, don't know any better

Nah. A game's goodness is determined by how engaged you were, and how much fun you had with it. Your engagement with something is influenced by your expectations. Presentation in particular becomes relative to all other media you've consumed. If a game comes around that has a entirely new visual presentation or artstyle, you are going to react a lot more favorably to that than if the same game came out, but in a world where everything already used that look. Perception of Mechanics are also shaped by. Previous experience. If nobody had ever seen a sports game before, Holla Forumswould be talking about FIFA, because its a mechanically focused game that at its best lets you experience your team's story unfold. But because of how minimal innovation is in the games, and how many times you've seen it before, its stale and uninteresting.
The Seinfeld effect is real. When kids in the future pick up demon souls, they wont register how smart a design losing your souls at death, needing them to be picked up is, because thats a standard mechanic to them. Their experience of the game is shaped by their preconceptions.
Even as you recognize that something was the first to do something, that doesn't mean you are going to find it more enjoyable. Where a number of people on Holla Forums played and liked the first modern warfare, I don't think many would think of it as a that great experience today, because it is exceptionally old hat by now.

Games don't age like cheese or wine or milk, spoiling or improving over time. They age like furniture and fashion, by exposure and trends. Some of them stand the test of time way better than others, because of high quality, while others will see games after it do the same things better.

I personally think old Nintendo games are shit and you should all play the newest high-quality Bethesda releases.

Man you have an optimistic view of the future.

Also pls no pirate, piracy is not cool, specially if we're talking about Bethesda games.

Basically all of these:

Also we're still using z-targeting today. See: Souls games.

Which is exactly what I'm saying. You were just willing to put up with bad games at the time because you had shit taste, just like you thought rainbow vomit 90s clothing looked RAD because you were a stupid kid who didn't know any better.

I guess I could have picked an example that was more likely to carry over into the future. I just don't try many enough games to REALLY get a feel for industry trends. Is a crafting system a better example? At some point, that was the bee's knees, but now, its prevalence in everything is a sign to astray away, because its only gonna be there as a timesink.
I don't think they were always garbage, there are examples of good crafting systems out there. Today however, the concept is tainted by all the garbage iterations of it.

But I already have an SNES. Wish they'd re-issue that fucking special snowflake power adapter though.

Sort of, crafting systems are hardly developed into something interesting within the context of their games, usually it's just another way to get those health or mana potions and the rest is uninteresting to play around with and doesn't help you much with the game. Devs can't make crafting to save their lives.

That tends to happen when you undership

No that's targeting.
Souls games have actual camera controls

It is pretty much identical to z-targeting, it's just not the only form of active camera control anymore.

Orcarina wasn't on super nintendo user

Its called a lock on system and Megaman Legends had it a year before OoT was even released.

Thanks man I hat no idea

Read the post I was responding to, turbosperg.

But you should check out link to the past, twenty times better than reddits fav game orcarina of time

I had literally never heard of Link to the past before now
thank you so much

these mini consoles are perfect for all the "LOL rAnDoM gaMEr N3RD" girls out there to pretend they played these games back in the day.

I'm shocked.

its not just bad taste. its that they dont even know this stuff. Its like a vegetarian pretending to have an opinion on steak.
Theyre just pretending because its trendy right now.

Fixed, you illiterate prick.

No, you're just faggots whose tastes have changed and thus call old shit bad by default or out of compulsive shame. It's the same as the dipshit creators who mysteriously can't stand to look at or glance at the spergy edgy shit they composed/created/wrote in their teen years, instead of taking them as they should be—important and necessary memories needed to improve.

Also, fun things are fun, faggots.

MM is still good because of atmosphere and originality

OoT is shit, like proper shit. Way too long, boring, combat is clunky, slow as fuck. It has literally nothing good.

Devil's advocate: Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, and Mario & Luigi do have differences among them that one can prefer one to another.

Now "secretly so bad"? Over the line, especially with other Mario RPGs with not-so-secretly bad design decisions.

Buddy of mine and I were coming up with a list of all the ROMs that should be on an SNES Classic.

- Mario RPG
- Link to the Past
- Kirby SuperStar
- Super Mario World
- Yoshi's Island
- Donkey Kong Country
- DKC2
- DKC3
- Chrono Trigger
- Final Fantasy 4
- Final Fantasy 6 (I sincerely doubt we'd get all three of these)
- Super Mario All Stars
- Super Mario Kart
- Star Fox
- Tetris Attack
- Kirby's Avalanche
- F-Zero
- Earthbound
- Gradius 3
- Contra 3
- Pilotwings

That's 21, but I doubt we'd get 30 like the NES Classic by virtue of SNES games being more full-fledged titles that still hold a lot of their initial value.

This. Capcom has been eager to throw in a ton of their games on VC, so the SNES Mini can have a handful from them, easily. Mega Man X, one of the SNES Street Fighters (I choose Turbo), a Final Fight (hopefully not the first one), and something like Super Ghouls'n'Ghosts/Demon's Crest is within their realm of stock releases.

Also missing Super Castlevania IV. Also, as much as we want the Super FX games (Star Fox, Yoshi's Island), Nintendo's been having disputes with former Argonaut with the chip royalties and all that. That's the reason why those titles haven't shown up on VC compared to other titles with special chips like Street Fighter Alpha 2 on SNES (needed to fit in and read the compressed graphical files)

smh

That's just, like, your opinion.

If they made a Snes mini WITH support to old cardbriges it would be wonderful, but of course nintendo just want to fuck up.

It would also end the fucking inflation of retro games.

But it's the correct opinion

WEll, talking about emulation boxes, how much would an arcade machine with all Neo Geo and Capcom games would cost? I'm specially interested in very obscure beat'em ups.

Just curious how do you guys feel about reselling? I mean I would buy one just to up the price and make some profit.

Do you have a source on that? I would love to read more about it.

And I realized I missed some - Capcom only had game on the NES Classic, so Megaman X would definitely be appropriate.

How would thousands more people looking for carts lower the prices in any way?

They're parasites.

Well, if you introduce modern copies of those carts with a reasonable price then all fucking hypsters and speculators can get screwed.

now that's delusion

I expect them to do it next Christmas. Doing it before would be blowing their load early. Also
Those guys are known for clickbait.

Are you still pretending your opinion matters?

TL;DR - Games can age the same as any media, but classics outlast it through quality and being "old" isn't necessarily bad.

I find myself mostly agreeing with you, but video games can age in as much as that the aspects that go into them can, as well as the market/movement surrounding them. Let's compare to other games:

Chess - Chess won't age touch wood, but that's because it's revered. No one wants to fuck with chess aside from making offshoots that never replace it. It's pure abstraction, no narrative. The board and pieces can age, but it's always Chess. It is mechanically the same.

Basketball - A physical game with people actively participating that requires balance at times of considerable game breaking. Overwhelmingly good players force new rulings, and rules that make it better to watch are implemented relatively often. If you were to look at old basketball, it's a completely different game to play. Old basketball has aged, it's a completely different era.

Video games are a weird culmination of different media and interaction. It's a constantly evolving field.

There are advances in control schemes that make old games in the same genre that don't have the benefit of being made today play like complete shit once it becomes the standard. A lot of 'great games for [console]' were games that advanced some sort of mechanical aspect, but of those only a few would be fun in terms of game-feel by today's standards. I've tried to go back to using an N64 controller and it's abysmal, I truly hate it.

Graphical choices can age if they don't go with a style that works well with the hardware. For example, any game attempting realism ages like milk, games with defined styles stand the test of time. Yoshi's Island is timeless because it works with its limitations to create something of artistic quality. Madden on the SNES looks like shit and you could, without any doubt, say it's aged horribly (both graphically and mechanically).

There's a lot of stuff we take for granted, small parts of the larger whole, that change over time. Compare old/classic cinema to today. It's a completely different manner of speech, filming, etc. Games are subject to the same changes, they can feel "old" because the current benchmarks/standards are completely different. Compare old FPS (fast movement, health packs, floating guns + ammo) to the late 2000s/early 2010s FPS (slow, regen, 'realistic' equipment limits). When enough people do something it stops being a rip-off and starts being a genre, style or (if we're talking art) a movement.

We're seeing a nostalgia renaissance at the minute with games. Doom got a new release (GotY 2016), the NES mini came out, etc. It's not about the fact that something is old, it's about whether those old aspects aged gracefully or not. The old things that make up the game could have been found to suck dick now we've made advances to the whole media, or it could have passed the test of time and it's mechanically brilliant with art to match. Super Mario 3 won't age. It can't, it's timeless. Super Mario clones that didn't have what Mario had? Aged horribly.

If you're a registered business buying them legitimately through a wholesaler, sure.

If you're just some dude (or a business) artificially inflating the market then I'd much rather you didn't.

Not that people reselling bothered me either way since I wasn't retarded and just pre-ordered mine.

I agree with , there's simply no way increasing demand in a market with steadily depleting supply would drop the prices. That's insane. Also making carts is expensive (relatively). You've got a better chance of them releasing games in bundles on cards/download only.

Low quality bait. Though BF1 was enjoyable.

MM might be my favourite game of all time. Playing on anything but an N64.

OoT I still find enjoyable. It's got more "meat" to it than MM, simply due to having more dungeons. If someone released a game that was just zelda style dungeons with no overworld fucking around, I'd play the shit out of it.

Wow Nintendo is desperate, huh

That image wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't talking about a game you can easily beat in one sitting.

Ah shame. I just wanted to burst the cart bubble.

Not sure I undastandu your position, user. The NES mini did gangbusters. You'd have to be retarded to not strike while the iron's hot.

Where did you pre-order it?

The problem with cart-bubble is that it's became a collectors/purists market, not just an enthusiast/hobbyist market. You can't make new carts for the old games, Nintendo would buttfuck you so hard it's unreal. You have an increasing market of collectors to the point that retro hybrid consoles are being released that can play carts (pic and link related - funstockretro.co.uk/retro-freak-retro-gaming-console), but you can't make the things that go in them. Selling the games digitally doesn't fill the need that you'd fill for enthusiasts that just want to play the game again, it's immune to that sort of competition.

Basically it's something you'll have to wait out until something changes. Either the market will lose interest or supply will be so depleted that Nintendo themselves will see opportunity.

That said, I have seen carts with an SD slot cut in. You can mount your card into the cart and it'll run all your emulators through the console itself. Could be your best bet.

shopto.net/

Got it for less than RRP and received it the day before official release. ShopTo's the shit.

Run all your *roms through the console itself.

Sorry user. Gotta disagree.
That's a given but has nothing to do with the games themselves. Do you honestly beleive I used Monster Rancher 2 as an example because I liked it as a kid? I thought Rancher was a mess of a game as a kid. It wasn't until I saw Monster Rancher 2 in a local small game store that I thought I'd give it a try. Do I need to explain the current shit called modern vidya? Anyways, point was that Monster Rancher 2 easily became my life raft to vidya, got me to try out other games I didn't give a chance. Hit and miss with some games but I am having more fun playing anything gen 6 or older than most shit pumped out now.
Now there are games that I loved as a kid but everything was shit about it nowadays but a couple of key mechanics. KotoR 1, ever played 2, is a fucking horrible game that I loved to play as a kid. I could almost create a wall of text for its short coming but AI pathing is a joke for example.
Long story short, great games will always be great and shit games will always be shit.

Real SNES hardware (will never happen) and ability to play real cartridges.

CRT filters and actual effort ala Sonic Jam or PS1 Namco Museum.

Wow, that console looks incredibly cute. I would even buy carts just to play them on TV but of course not the usual overinflated ones.

I agree with you for the most part, user. There's just wiggle room. A game that was great at the time really can be shit now, but that doesn't mean it was always shit. We have to look at what changed, since the game is static. The media and the market have both developed in tandem, but that game can never change to suit the knowledge and expectations we have now. If the camera system is completely wonky, for example, then that can be a dealbreaker now when at the time it was groundbreaking to even have it. Mechanics that were used often at the time that have fallen out of favour may have done so for good reason.

Think of it this way. Turn based battle systems have fallen out of favour. They used to be everywhere. They're old and archaic now, the only games that use them today either get a pass due to franchise staple (pokemon) or have something else to offer. People would say "They were never good". I'd disagree. I'd say they were good at the time because we didn't know/have any better, but we've all moved on. Now if something wants to use that gameplay and be good, it really has to nail it. The games that use it that are remembered are all considered great for more than their gameplay, it's always story, or how you could manipulate the game using the systems that weren't necessarily the combat (eg. Materia).

So yeah; I think it's a disservice to say that games we loved but don't anymore were simply never good because now we can see the flaws. I just think we have the benefit of hindsight.

There's a couple of machines like that hitting the market now, I think. People are really getting into old games recently. Might be the case that the people that grew up with the original consoles are finally at the stage where they have disposable income that could warrant buying all that stuff.

Great games user here.
Let me give some examples. I have never, before this year, played Resident Evil 1 or Resident Evil 2 on psOne. I played Silent Hill, but that is digressing. What I played for Resident Evil 1 was the Director's Cut. I could only of assumed that it was an improved version of the 1st game. It wasn't a good game. Terrible ammo use; killing zombies took 6 pistol shots, the magazines/clips only held 7 rounds per pick up. Ink was only 2 per item found and finding a typewriter did not mean you found an ink ribbon. It took me 4 shotgun shots to kill a cerberus and 1 of those shots was at close range. Too far of a gab between some segments before you are able to go back to a typewriter. With only 1 ink ribbon left I saved a total of 13 times and that was with me saving as often as I could. I played as Chris only, did not want to replay again.
I soon played Resident Evil 2 and it is a huge improvement over RE1, Huge. Played it 6 times and every complaint I had of 1 was fixed in 2. Wasn't easy but wasn't bone crushing hard either, was in a sweet spot.
user, I'm giving you examples of games that were always shit but nostalgia said otherwise at the time. While other old games that have "better" sequels still hold up to those sequels. I'd definitely say I'd play RE2 as often as I played RE4.

God I love being a kike

Hey kid, this voard 18+ only.

Its largely because Argonaut no longer exists (assets liquidated and dissolved in 2006). Someone probably has the patents or something, but are squatting on them and unwilling to work out a deal, or Nintendo doesn't want to spend the money for the only two worthwhile SNES games that use the SuperFX chip.

lol XD

I understand you, user. What I'm saying is that it's not nostalgia, or at least at the time it wasn't nostalgia. You can't have nostalgia for the present day. At the time, the game was great. It's just everything has been improved since then. We would say "It was never good" because it didn't do whatever its successors did, but that's kicking the ladder away because we have the benefit of at least a decade of personal and media growth.

"It was good at the time" doesn't mean it was always shit, it just means it was good at the time and we've learned better since then. The games that were great on release and are still great now are called classics. Not every great game will be a classic, they just can't. The world marches on, the game can't.

Ebin :^)

Thing is, I think Nintendo could've made more money by making more units. Having people say "I can't get your product" is a lost sale for every single one. As much as scarcity can drive a market to purchase to make sure they get theirs, I imagine the losses from possibly making too many would be far outweighed by the volume of people purchasing.

if mario rpg had any flaws it was how it baited you. it tempted you into trading away the shiny stone so you could never fight culex, and you dont get shit for finding all the secret boxes despite an npc challenging you to do so.

Actually as soon as you trade away one shiny stone you can get another from the mole with some fireworks again. One of those hidden chests which can only be gotten during a brief window bullshit though.

It doesn't help that head honchos of former Argonaut have bad blood with Nintendo.

It'll be Mario, Zelda, and Kirby.

What would be funny is if SJW's come out against bad think or sexist shit from back when it was more acceptable in the SNES days.

Resellers do it all the time, Nintendo does not give a flying shit about dead consoles unless they can sell the software in a digital format for easy shekels.

Yeah. It's ok to have opinions on games you didn't finish, but portal is like an hour or two tops.

People do get away with selling repros of obscure and unreleased games, but they'd get fucked if they tried to manufacture on a large scale.
Have you never heard of flashcarts? They have literally existed in different forms since the 80s.
Collecting is for faggots and suckers but picking up a console and a flashcart is totally reasonable.

Every game on the NES mini that had a sequel or semi-sequel on the SNES is bound to appear, plus some token third party games. The question is, which Final Fantasy will they throw in? Will it be IV or VI?

>and being "old" isn't necessarily bad.
ftfy

Speaking of which, did any company ever make good quality USB variants of classic Nintendo controllers?

Who is this penis machinist?

And that's exactly what Nintendo are doing on all their current hardware platforms.

I was just saying I've seen ways to get games on the original console without having to get the cart. The most recent on that comes to mind is the SD card cart.

Some games age like wine, some like milk. Just because the milk is sour now doesn't mean it wasn't a delicious source of calcium fresh from the teat. "Old", outdated, etc. can be valid criticisms if justified.

There is no such thing as "old" when it comes to a game's quality. There is no such thing as a game controlling poorly "because it's old". There is only you, being pampered by easy babby retard shit. This goes for a game's visuals "aging poorly". They didn't age poorly, you are just spoiled.

Saying something aged poorly is the surest sign of a clueless youngfag.

Haha, ok then.

I agree.

>There are never any advancements made to how people do things, everything must be judged like it all existed at the same time rather than judged in context and judged in relation to current advancements

This is why I said "realism" as my example earlier in the thread. If you actually commit to a solid art style that works with the limitations, it will be timeless (Yoshi's Island is a prime example). If you try and go for realism, your game's art will age, because you are restricted by the limitations of the time. There's plenty of middle ground where people tried something that was good or passable in its day and simply isn't now. It's why people make fun of indie pixel junk. It's aping pixel art at its worst rather than at its best. That style is old and archaic.

Again, I don't think "old" immediately means bad. I just think that games can age like anything else, and not liking the things that have aged is perfectly valid criticism provided it's justified. It's like saying old cars can't be bad because they're old, they were just always bad. It's not the case. At the time, they were great. Only a few remain classics today, the rest fall by the wayside despite being good. Time moves on, technology moves on, people's wants and expectations move on. That's just life.

Games do not "age". Unless you're talking about some of those really old arcade machines that blow out their hardware, they aren't generally products that get better or worse over time. All you are saying when a game has "aged" is that you were too ignorant to recognize the bad parts when it was first released.

(checked)
Lisa van Netta
She's some kind of Twitch streamer/camwhore.

The NES mini wasn't a fuck up for Nintendo. They sold overpriced and underpowered hardware to thousands of retards with false nostalgia.

On a replay, sure. On release, Holla Forums -did- make fun of reviewers who said 8 hours, but hardly anybody claimed they did it in 4, let alone 2 hours. Adds to that, that casuals only play for an hour at a time, and only a few times a week, and it might take them weeks to finish a game like portal.

And what I'm saying is that you're kicking away the ladder. At the time, those bad aspects weren't bad, they're only bad in retrospect. The ones that aren't bad in retrospect are the ones we call classics, the good games that have gotten bad in retrospect have aged poorly. You have hindsight bias.

I might get the controller at least

How about we reform the copright laws? It's insane that Patent's last 20 years for life saving drugs that cost billions of dollars to be developed yet copyright lasts life plus 70 years or 95 or 120 years, depending on the nature of authorship.

It's Disney pushing laws like that, to stop Mickey Mouse's earliest cartoons falling into public domain. As long as they keep pushing to make copyright longer a lot of stuff from the time can't fall into public domain, including non-Disney works.

Ideally SNES mini would tank the prices of whatever games are featured on it, but that'll never ever happens simply because nobody wants emulation.

Why aren't Valve,Spotify,Amazon,Netflix,and others not fighting to push DIsney's shit in?

user. You are just repeating what I was saying but far more detailed. I wasn't saying a game of the past was great and will stay great. I am saying a well designed game will be long lasting regardless of how old it is. Even if newer sequels come in.

Steamboat Willie is from around the '20s, most companies don't have to worry about their IPs going public domain for a long time even if Disney stopped extending copyright durations. As for Netflix and Spotify, as long as they get paid their subscriptions it doesn't matter much if something they hosted went public domain.
There's no incentive to stop Disney in the short term or long term, and they have enough clout to keep forcing copyright extensions.

Until someone sticks a gun up their ass.

I was talking about reforming copyright in general so that copyright length would be reduced to the length of patents.

So that way Valve,Spotify,Amazon,Netflix,and others would be able to provide content from 1993 & beyond for free.

A character becoming public domain means that anyone can use them. Valve probably wouldn't be too happy if people started selling Half Life games because Gordon Freeman fell into public domain. Also I doubt Nintendo would be too pleased at that
As for Netflix and Spotify, if something was public domain it could be uploaded and viewed anywhere. Those services run off subscriptions, and if someone wanted to watch something public domain, such as the original Night of the Living Dead, they could do that legally on nearly every site. Them having public domain videos wouldn't be bad for them though, you could even consider the ease of finding a public domain song/movie as part of the Netflix/Spotify service.

There are precedents for releasing public domain vidya for free. Abuse, Beneath a Steel Sky and Marathon are abandonware, meaning the devs don't give a fuck anymore. They are usually found in Linux distro repositories, because there aren't any limits to copying them.
If there was a push to try and reform copyright I don't think companies that provide content as a service would bother too much, but the companies holding the IPs wouldn't be happy at all. There's more opposition than there is a demand for copyright reform, and there's more money to be made with things staying out the public domain

And the worst part is, BF1 was a perfect opportunity to let the average cawadoody fag learn what instagib is like by giving everyone powerful-but-slow bolt action rifles. But noooooo.

I hate what has become of nintendo. Are they running out of ideas so badly they have to rehash a 20 year old system that anyone with a computer/smartphone/handheld/microcomputer can emulate? I want to get off of this ride.

No, they're capitalizing on hipsters, nostalgia, and squealing children with what's essentially a prebuilt Raspberry Pi with some ROMs loaded onto it and a Wii-compatible controller. The people they're targeting with these things aren't the people who know or care about emulation.

Every thread we have about these kinds of things there's people that just miss the point that they're not made for people who give a shit about emulation.

I'm pretty sure he got it.

Just stick your head in the sand. It has worked pretty well for video games so far.

Either use your laptop, do what said, or save up for nicer NUC or something that isn't ARM garbage.

If they want me to buy it just make the games look nice on an HDTV and put in a cartridge slot that does the same for my old carts and I'll pay 100$ for it easy.

To be absolutely fair, the SNES had various good games. I love to revisit things like DKC, SMW, UN Squad, Gradius III, or many of the JRPGs that I couldn't even play back when I had a SNES because I didn't knew about them.
Now, there's a perfectly good way to replay those games on a PC, for free, so actually paying money to Nintendo is a stupid idea to begin with (and a serious indication that you're doing it for the hipster factor).

64 mini when? emulating that shit is actually painful.

I'm not gonna buy it.
You're not gonna buy it.
Pretty sure he's not gonna buy it.

If you try to explain why this is a shit idea to a normalfag, they'll just at best faux agree with you and still buy the damn thing, at worst they think you're a butthurt sheldon. The only way these fucks wouldn't buy this shit is if you game them a fucking FPGA snes clone thats hdmi compatible, a flash cart that has the entire snes library. And they'll still get confused how to fucking load the fucking games.

The mini console bullshit is just a symptom, the problem is dipshits that have disposable income.

Honestly I'd just really like to play the physical copies of some games I have again especially because they still have save files I care about.

Hahahahaha, wrong. Have you ever played System Shock 1? That's probably one of the best examples of a game aging like milk.

?, the game's still fine, provided you use the mouselook patch

world at war had gibbing

having already owned a wii adapter for the atrocious wii pro controller i just want there to be cheap as fuck controllers like the nes mini got sold separately

still a fantastic game.

This, what a bunch of stupid buyfags.
You're paying for shit you've had a million times before and if you haven't you should still know better.
Dumbest cash grab, clearest example of morons parting with their money.

It doesnt have Super Castlevania IV.

Then we riot.

hello reddit

nice sarcasm.

They should put Star Fox 2 on it finally give it an official release.