Grim Dawn ending

I just finished Grim Dawn and the last part of the game was kinda dissapointing. The ending is rushed as fuck, I wouldn't have known I beat the game if I didn't get an achievement telling me so. No cutscene, nothing. It even cockteases you with a "We can't left Ulgrim behind" line, so I thought "Wait, I remember a bridge that needed 80 scraps and a shitton of iron, maybe it's the way to save him". Nope, it's just a small area with one of those dungeons that require a skellington key.
Also why is the last of boss of the game the god of that faggy blood cult ? I thought the Aetherials were the one who are behind the Grim Dawn, so why aren't they the main bad goys of the story ? There's a lot of notes in the game implying that the Emperor or people close to him are possessed yet we don't even get to fight them much less approach the capital of the empire. We also never learn why there is a huge number of people migrating south since we only get as far as the Necropolis.

Now I know I'm kinda autistic to care about this shit in an ARPG, I should care about whether some classes are shit, are the dungeons well designed/randomly generated or static, is there any good end game content… Still, that ending kinda left a sour taste in my mouth. I get that they left a lot of shit on the side to maybe make a sequel but that ending was really underwhelming.
Also, I don't know if I'm the only one on that but locking faction quests behind reputation milestones is retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1526658
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Item_Sets
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What in the fuck im in the same situation thinking its not finished yet. So i ended the game already? That is bullshit. I put off the game thinking i can actually save Ulgrim.

You're not the only one, it kinda turned me off from replaying too, although I hear they're releasing an expansion in February which might solve some questions?

It's a pretty shit game. PoE is better in every way.

Yes, if you're a stupid nigger.

Terrible build variety (top-tier builds are all "buff up and hold mouse 1" auto-attack based melee builds), enemy variety is shit, optimization is shit, level variety is shit, visuals as a whole are shit.

It's a bad game.

Yeah, the whole boss being a giant anus thing was a big disappointment.

Well nothing autistic about that OP, the story is kinda a draw to people to give them some motivation or immersion to the game, then there's Diablo 3 and it's expansion Reaper of Souls on the other hand, fucking Metzen and his CORRUPTION fetish, turned the Gothic setting into some stupid fucking superhero comic book shit.

Too obvious, apply yourself.

Well, If you look at the map you can see they left space for at least two expansions and they're working on/close to finished with the first one. No wonder the story ends on a cliffhanger.

Here is a expansion wait for 9 january. Didd you finish Valbury Vilage?

I await your damage control.

What damage control? Everything you listed is also a problem with PoE.

why thats ? its not because they put an A that it should not be an RPG anymore

unless… A = "anti" instead of "action "

either way this game is none of this: it s a hack n slash who happend to have rpg element

But it's not. POE runs great, looks great, has magnitudes more variety in enemies and environments, and the build variety is incredible.

The only thing GD has is the loot drop rate is tuned around never having to trade, which is cool and they deserve props for that, but that's it.

I'm starting to think you haven't played POE

PoE is always online

Kay.

So am I, tbh

POE runs great but looks like fucking plastic. It looks terrible.
All the environments have almost zero detail on top of looking like plastic. Grim dawn destroys POE in environmental detail at the cost of not having random maps.
Build variety in POE is tied to items, which is a huge hamper to people without a ton of time to sink into trading.
I like both games but POE isn't any better. It suffers from many of the same issues. It has being free going for it, but that means you are required to be online which cancels it out.

While I'll agree with you about enemy variety, I'm not so sure about build variety being a viable argument for PoE, since it's based entirely on luck.
Now i don't know about which game runs better than the other because both have been crashing on me like crazy and PoE being always-online doesn't help it's case. I've heard they had fixed the desync issue a while ago, but I can't be arsed to check for myself. The style of the game is just too dark sometimes, like Doom 3 dark. And everything looks oily like a 2007 game.

But this is more of a preference than objective fact on my part. I'll enjoy Grim Dawn with all it's flaws and you'll enjoy PoE. There's really no reason to argue.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year, faggos.

I disagree. Each environment is distinct, and there are a ton of different tilesets to keep it interesting. I consider the non-random maps to be a huge turnoff, as it all "feels the same" after your first trip through. It's like comparing D3's shitty semi-fixed maps to D2's.
It's really not. If you want to see build variety being 100% tied to items, take a look at Diablo 2. There are items that can be used to define a build in PoE, but they aren't required by any means, and creating your own build to support self-found is fantastic and fun. I will say that the learning curve to map out a build like that beforehand is unforgiving, though.

It's not based entirely on luck, just craft a build that can support self-found.
Desync isn't a problem anymore, but frankly neither of those things bother me as I probably put 1000+ hours into D2 Ladder over the years.

Can you just play solo and get good shit in PoE ? Getting gimped drops just because the devs want you to spend your time trading or grinding feels is a turn off for me.

I did find the area but I haven't cleared it yet. Also there's something about a randomly generated dungeon in there ?

Sure. Tottem builds in particular are great with self-found runs.
POE is currency based, and finding and buying an item literally takes seconds with poetrade. You can be a completely anti-social sperg and never really have to interact with anyone ever, and still trade just fine.

Step up senpai.

Death rooms, trades with random faction items Sometimes with godlike green items what surpass Legendaries and special/themed drops from mini-boss and main bosses. Also Aether gems. Best dungeon i think because smaller territory then Bastion of Chaos and better drop chances from Aetherial heroes/bosses.

I want to play PoE. How do I make a build that works with self found items when I've never played the game before, don't know the intricacies of the mechanics or passive tree, and have to know that if I mess up at any point it means creating an entirely new character because there's no reset option?
That sounds a little antagonistic but I don't mean it that way, I'm just worried about messing up way down the line. Started playing a little when the event came out but I don't know what's good or bad since everything so far dies in one hit from anything.

You can respec your character, it just costs "respec points". You get 24 for free from quests, the rest can be generated from "Orbs of Regret" which are currency drops. The 24 free are plenty if you make some minor fuckups, but if you want to fully respec a character it just makes more sense to make a new one since leveling is fast and easy, and regrets are better sold and converted into chaos orbs to buy items with.

As for a top-tier self found build that will gape the game's shitpussy, try: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1526658

Sounds like you never left the beach or figured out how to play.

PoE and Grim Dawn are both fucking hideous.
They along with diablo 3 and titan quest all had the same issue of having one color palette at a time. Everything is green, or everything is brown, or everything is sandy yellow.

yes, let's all paint everything in rainbow

That's not too bad, I was reading up and it said that you'd only get 4 respec points per difficulty.

I thought Titan Quest was suprisingly nice looking. Instead of running around through nothing but grimdark hellscapes you got a lot of beautiful cities and meadows mixed in.

Grim Dawn is a crowdfund baby, user. Of course it's irredeemable shit and disappointing in every way.
When will you faggots learn the rules of nature:
1) Never play anything that was crowdfunded.
2) Never play anything that released before it was finished (Early Access schemes, etc)
3) Never play anything that's (((Free)))2Play

I wonder what color grass and rocks are?

You must not have gone into Ashen wastes or BoC where it's only black/red

PoE tree really isn t that hard it is even quite simple one you break it down folowing what you see in the 1st pick

in the second i made it quite aproximate but its basically the zone where you will put most of your point if you make a "pure" class

meaning 80% of the tree become "irrelevant" to you. and it become quite simple.
as the 1st and second pic show:
templar are STR/INT
shadow INT/DEX
duelist DEX/STR
(so they start in the border of both world)

the fun thing about PoE is that if you want : nothign is stoping you to start as duelist (bottom middle) and search for magic stuff in the top.

SCION start at the middle, they say its the hardest because you need great understanding of the game (because she is full hybrid)

tl;dr
its the same tree for all the races/class so you can devide it by 6 or 7 .
not so overwhelming

I don't understand the point of continuing to play an ARPG once you have a character that can wipe the screen.

You already have the build and items locked in, what's the point of getting more items you can't use? So you can give them to an alt which will do exactly the same thing as your main?

It's a waste of time after your clear Ult difficulty (which isn't that hard)

Fun, which is unfortunately something GD lacks

It's not that the PoE tree is hard to understand, it's that it's just garbage. You have to waste the majority of your points on HP or ES depending on your build, and then you're wasting most of what remains on shitty "+0.1% to STAT" nodes as you travel between the very few actually interesting nodes.

Just give all of the +STAT inherently, or via a Stat Point system like D2 had, and make the entire passive tree into those interesting ones that actually change how your character plays.
Fucksake.

So for 99% of builds, a couple points into strength for gear (or nothing with charms) and then max out vitality? D2's stat system is shit, and this is coming from probably the biggest D2 fag on this board.

Thanks for taking the time to explain it. It doesn't seem too complicated but I wouldn't know which path is the best one to reach stuff I want.
The one thing I don't really like so far is that my character doesn't ever get stronger on her own. If I don't take +int nodes I'll never ever be able to cast better spells but I don't really want to spend points on them since the increase in mana is pretty insignificant. And it sucks because my options are +30 int or a boost to my spell shield that's going to double the effectiveness of all the equipment I find for the rest of the game.

There's an expansion coming up.
They already announced one of the two new masteries: Inquisitor.

Anyway, Crate is underfunded.
The $500K or so from their Kikestarter is not quite enough to create an "epic" experience you'd get when suits with fat pockets and poor judgements are involved, so I figured they had to re-allocate the money meant for voice-acting, clips, music and whatever to pay for a better GAME.

It's a shame, but at least the lore is still cool.

my tips is just looking at the big node because thoses are the one giving real trait to your character.

then you just look at the path you have to take to reach the one who interest you.
and while doing that you can check the medium one (on the righ fo the pic) who give you multiple stats in one point spent.

if you do that: (only look for big node) couple with my previous post where you limit yourself to your "pure zone" it become quite easy.

but if that: if you simply only look at the big node you will see that you may naturally wander accorss the skill tree "like a pro" because "you want to have this specific node on the botom … and that one on the far left "

In that case, just give everybody the same stats automatically, because fuck it. A point-buy system for stats is infinitely superior to a tree-system, when the entire purpose of the tree isn't the stats but the few keystone/unique passives that are buried underneath all the stat trash.

This is exactly what I'm saying.
Remove all stats from the passive tree, put it into a point-buy system or a separate tree with separate points.
Then make the entire passive tree nothing but those "big nodes" that give "real trait to your character".

As it is, the progression of this game is

Because devs had extra money so they spend it on whole extra act of the game.
Basically world is fucked by many things and player needs to exterminate everyone and everything. There are shitload of gods and factions. And player will solve all the world problems by murdering every demon/undead/god/faction personally. Demon army is invading? Send the Hero to exterminate every solder in demon army and murder every commander and steal everything of any value.

Yeah, d2 system with builds such as "all stats into vitality, nothing in any other stat" is greatest system indeed.
Also great opinions from people who know fucking nothing about stats in poe.

Game is much better than I expected, but its still small compared to poe or even d2. Poe releasing a lot of shit all the time, and grim dawn seems to follow "make complete game and release expansion few years later" idea.

Just ask someone to make a build for you. Making build without any knowledge of items and passives and everything else based on "look at big nodes! they are good! pick them!" is fucking retarded idea. Limit yourself for zones… For fuck sake, you pick needed passives, not the passives in some bullshit zones. PICKING PASSIVES BASED ON THEIR LOCATION ON TREE AND THEIR SIZE!

Like they did with ascendancy? Great fresh idea.

All you fucking need to do to build character in poe is to pick how you want to deal damage (and learn beforehand how viable it is) and how you want to survive.
I understand that poe has a lot of problems, but you complain about your own incompetency.

im playing it right now. Its a boring as fuck diablo clone.

just mindless hacking and looting. the voices aren't nearly as memorable as they were in diablo 2.

Cant disagree with you their but your other points were retarded

I found it boring until about level 20-30.
Then my build/devotions started coming together and I began having a blast.

I saw a post on reddit mentioning the new "roguelike" DLC and I had the audacity to say that this genre is supposed to have randomized maps in the first place (Grim Dawn doesn't). Everyone got mad at me. Then I stopped going there.

im level 15, playing on normal + veteran

i didn't know what to pick, so i just went with shaman.

Grim Dawn isnt a roguelike, its a diablo 2 clone
Dont go to reddit

Actually its successor to another diablo clone.

tbh I consider the whole Genre to be Diablo Clone now that theres so many of them

who'd have thought blizzard would spawn so much cancer back in 2002…

WoW, overmeme, diablo 3, 25$ cosmetic mounts, and they're indirectly responsible for all these garbage clones after clones of their one masterpiece

Try respeccing for Primal Strike with the no cooldown modifier, set it as your default attack and grab a 2H weapon.
Hard to not have fun with this.

Blizzard North is not Blizzard. Its just a company that was absorbed and milked by them. Fuck this retarded thread.

I will agree with that they are responsible for all the garbage clones, but if your implying that grimdawn is one of these garbage clones I must disagree

also this

Fuck you, blaming 2002 blizzard IE blizz north for the fuck ups of actiblizz is disingenuous as fuck and you know it.
Fuck you, i'm slight irritated at your newfag response.

primal strike, isn't that the one attack that gives you charges? im already using that

That's Savagery.
Primal Strike makes lightning drop with every one of your attacks.
Quite an energy hog, though.

Simply because the Money ran out. :^) Inside the logic of the lore, you have found the Inquisitor who has a more important Mission than hunting down the Aetherials with his ass naked, because the faggy Blood Cult is using the opportunity of the Apocalypse to summon a fucking blood demon into the Material World right at the front lawn of Mankind's last bastion.

They are. See above for the exact reasons why fighting them took a backseat. Its the same shit with Baal in Diablo 2. He was let lose by the wanderer, but dealing with him had to wait until LoD.

Tell me about Mogdrogen. Why did he wear 100 pounds of sarcasm?

As electrical insulation.

i m saying this for new player,
and i did a pure marauder and leveled up him up until lvl 40 and he never died

No wonder you can't enjoy GD, you're a "muh meta" faggot.

Trying to figure out what I wanna to dual class as an occultist, it's either going to be full on pyromania or death ray arcanist but I can't make up my damn mind.

Look at the page number this thread is on.
If it's an even number - go with pyromaniac.
If it's an odd number - go with death ray.

i see what you did there

level 22 now, the game is still boring as fuck.

also jesus christ, they couldn't make Warden Krieg any edgier could they?

fucking edgeheg the edgehog

that's one point in favor of PoE and D1/2, at least they did grimdark tastefully

what he says something else if you go for the achievement?

is it something fun?

I don't know, I don't have autism

i went occultist/shaman. I only use the shamans passives and the vines to slow down enemies and some of the debuffs and the eye of dreed as main attack with poison based devotions as well as items that just stack up poison/acid. right now poison modifier is at 1300/2100%. it just rapes everything. im a walking dplague. too bad i havent found any armor that makes me look like plague doctor

Expansion was only teased in couple of screenshots. Reason for this being confusing is new creature design teaser was released to close to actual upcoming update.

Fuck off. That's one of the reasons why it sucks. No one likes online-only games, except fags like you.

Is Van Helsing any good ? It's one of the few arpg I haven't tried yet.

I played the demo.
Didn't like it.

i liked it.(only played 1 and 2 )
and unless i m imaginating thing:
the basic attak when you use melee weapons does not have cooldown .
so increasing attack speed actually increase the swing speed … so yea finally attak speed actually increase the speed of your blows and not the cooldown between each blow like in other game

so yea going melee was fun and had a nice feeling

Where my lorefags at?

Is it just me, or is the Cult of Ch'thon completely reasonable?
Not like I'd ever side with them, but is there any reason to fight them besides "I don't want to die."? I mean, they just want to give Ch'thon what's rightfully his, save him from his suffering and enable him to enact his revenge(which, considering how little we know about Empyrion, might be fully justified).

It's rare for the "mad cult" group to actually have a leg to stand on, and I'm having trouble processing this.

Not wanting to die is a perfectly legitimate reason to kill them. It gives them a leg to stand on, but it would be better to sever the link that is driving the god mad.

NECROMANCER CONFIRMED

Uroboruuk is a myth. same as deceiver Empirion.

If Uroboruuk isn't real, then how did I find his journal?

Just a coincidence.

Fuck off, Moggy, you're full of shit.

Dare you mortal?

Fuck you, PETA was right.

Huh this take allot time.

I remember going through that red portal at the end of the game thinking that if I finished that dungeon I would get a secret ending where I would save Ulgrim. I dropped it after I died there since it's one of those dungeons where you can't make a portal.

I figured the Demolitionist was a pistol class.

The Demolitionist is more of a rifle class, don't you think?
At least, that's how I've always played it.

Well I kind of talking out of my ass since I've played Occultist/Shaman.

It hurts

Of course survival comes before all else. It's just that, at this point, sacrifices are basically a given to all mad cults in fiction, but unlike the Cult of Ch'thon, most of them seem to have some glaring faults in their ideology and are often supported by nothing but madness.

Demolitionist is definitely more of a rifle class.
You can see it when you look at Fire Strike's mutators: one for 2H ranged and one for melee in general.

Although viable, pistols seem to have been an afterthought in the overall picture of the game's design. They have no classes that focus on them, no skills, no constellations and you absolutely HAVE to sacrifice an inventory slot(likely the Relic) to be able to dual wield them.
Here's hoping Inquisitor does a good job at righting that wrong.

It can't be necromancer. It'd fuck with the whole Death's Vigil vs Kymon's Chosen thing.

Considering the demand, though, I imagine it'll be something similar.

Demolitionist is a rifle class
just look at what weapon is used in the class sets
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Item_Sets

I see what you mean, but that just seems them setting up the gods like the tales of the Greek gods, and then doing something with it that is reflected in the story of the game. Which means a mad cult that wants to destroy the world in the name of a pre-creation god that no one else really wants to acknowledge because of all the issues it raises with existence.

You also reminded me that we will never get that game where you play as the ancient evil that is awakening.