ITT: Games you know are shit, but like nonetheless

ITT: Games you know are shit, but like nonetheless.

RE7 is shaping up to be Dead Aim 2

RE7 wants to be RE1 in first person, with some RE3 elements (nemesis chasers).
Dunno if they'll nail it or not.

I was pleasantly surprised with the demo. I'm just glad to be away from the RE4/5/6/rev formula of over the shoulder shootan. I unironically liked the gun survivor games so the first person perspective isn't a deal breaker for me.

i dont remember enter the gecko being terrible. is it something wrong with the n64 version specifically?

If RE7 actually turns out to be good, i feel like trying to make Holla Forums understand what kind of game it actually is, and/or get Holla Forums to discuss it normally, will be one of the greatest uphill battles ever.
90% of the board will be like "it's modern so it's shit" or "outlast clone" or "VR bait garbage".
Mark himself will probably encourage the shitposting as hard as he can, as usual.

It'll basically be BB all over again, it'll take months before we'll able to objectively break down the game to it's components and talk about it.

Lack of a built in save feature and some lag with the jumps. May have just been my copy/controller though.

Looks like streamer bait.

I'll fucking fight you nigger.

Case in point.

It looks like shit, please regale me with tales about how RE7 can actually be good on any level when it looks no better than all the other first person horror games.

I'm a bit disappointed that the demo features so little actual gameplay content. If the demo was actually representative of full game, I'd be able to do a mechanical breakdown now.

Can you elaborate on why you think it looks like shit?

Seriously? I mean you played the worst version but still it was a tight and cheeky platformer with good aesthetics and music, the camera on Gex 3 was also fixed. I loved how the character had a different stage themed costume for each different stage and the hot FMV babe made me feel funny. The british version had a better VA for Gex.

Why would you like shit games fam

Play the demo.

Yeah the point is that the version he posted was shit because a platforming game with any delay on the jumping can be awful.

It looks like they are chasing the current trend of streamer jumpscare shit.

I will wait for the full game.

You are a lazy nigger.
There's a free demo you can play on any platform, right now, and you refuse to play it and instead judge it on trailers and LP shit videos.
You could form your own opinion -right now- for yourself, hands on.
What a fucking piece of shit, you're literally the reason why this board is shit.

Suck my dick faggot, I will make a proper judgement when I play the full release, but it will probably be torn apart by the people here on it's own fucking knees.

I originally wrote it off as an outlast clone until I saw there was problem solving with items, health items and combat. That reassured me it would be more survivor/dead aim than amnesia

you mean by other people who havent played the game?

it might look like streamer bait but it doesn't have any jumpscares at all

Runescape. Been playing forever but I find it alright.

It's a survival horror game with limited resources that plays in a series of enclosed spaces that has you find items and solve puzzles to unlock new areas.
Combat is against meaty bulletspongy enemies that don't flinch unless you unload into them, and running is encouraged compared to fighting until you've got the resources to spend/a powerful enough weapon.

So, RE1.
That's all they're trying to do, it's specifically RE1 all over again.
But it's FPS instead of fixed camera with tank controls.

That's not even Gex 3 that I posted. It's the first 3D one, and my main issues with it would be no built in save systems and having lag with the jumping.

We'll see, Capcom are good at fucking their own shit up and after the GZ demo was good and TPP was shit I will wait for a final game before I can care, not that I care about Resident Evil, it shat the bed something chronic last gen.

That may be true, but the first person perspective makes it way to easy to run away. Part of the scare factor, at least for me, was that the tank controls were hard to get used to, and potentially could kill you if you didn't have a proper handle on them. If RE can have that mechanically built in difficulty with basic stuff like aiming/movement I think it can faithfully recreate it, but I'm not sure if it does that, or how far it actually goes.

Oh my bad, still the PSX version of 2 fixes all that.

Shit nigger, what are you smoking?

I'm with you, after Capcoms recent performances with their games I'm skeptical too but from the interviews i've seen with the RE7 and REmake 2 team they seem to be aware of the fact that people have been disappointed with the direction of the series.

Gotta remember, capcom may be shit but it's nowhere near the level of Konami

What's wrong with it?

Its not HotD2

I'd say it's still more difficult than something like the modern control scheme of REmake HD re-release.
Where you can just zoom in any direction at any time and bait bites like it's no thing.

They appear to be recreating that tense feeling while moving by utilizing more cramped environments and more clutter in your path. Escaping the mold monster in the basement requires running around a small cramped room avoiding attacks while pushing a door open.

Ever tried to play it outside the arcade?It didn't go too well.

: ^ )

Well is an overrated Cave story rip off , but with pretty fun characters.

It has good music and Papyrus, thats about it.

I can respect this. If it remained a low key indie title without the cancerous fanbase it would be regarded as a decent attempt at a first game with an admittedly amazing soundtrack.

My uncle had a guncon and a bunch of lightgun games but a group of teenage niggers broke into his flat and stole all of his playstation stuff and clothes.

I am not too happy about the all the comparisons between the two games, but I guess it goes for this as well

I thought it was an Earthbound rip off?

It's a bit of both, honestly. Cave Story more for the design of the goat dudes.

Holla Forums

supreme levels of wit inbound

I bitterly enjoyed Shadow the Hedgehog after getting completely fucked over by hype even as a child by the thought of the Sonic gameplay I loved mixed with a large assortment of guns and swords and multiple vehicles along with Chaos Emerald powers crammed full of different routes the story could take to decide what kind of stages and bosses you play.

Even as a kid I already knew what made a game good and worth buying for content alone and what made a game shit and gods damn it, the trailers made it look exactly like the former, not the latter.

SO MUCH FUCKING POTENTIAL

:^)

He's the Jeb Bush of Holla Forums with a bit of Kasich

skyrim

My worst games are probably Spiderman and XMen Arcades Revenge and Batman Forever both on snes

It looks pretty though

I genuinely enjoyed it

Did he hunt those niggers down?

The only reason why this game is hated on Holla Forums is because Undertalefags aren't able to act as normal fucking human beings The game isn't even that bad

The same reason why My little shit and it's fans are hated

Indeed, all manner of janky, German RPGs have a certain appeal to me. They're comfy and make me smile.

It was made by a Polish studio.

Also the game wasn't that bad to be completely honest, it was janky as fuck sure, but there were some nice ideas behind it

It's shit compared to the previous titles, but for some reason I keep going back to it.

I WILL FUCKING FIGHT UNTIL MY KNUCKLES HAS SPLIT TO THE BONE YOU IF YOU DARE PERPETUATE THIS BASELESS ASS MEME

Not bad but painfully medicore

. .
>

ow

Undertale is an example when tumblr and furrfags can ruin everything.

Don't bring that paladins shit by me either. I aint getting invested in another Hi-Rez game ever again after Tribes.

You all faggots. I hope you'l get raped by muslims. Your taste is so shit, even when you open your mouths everyone runs away from the smell.

DQ3. Shit because too simple, story is incredibly simple to the point of annoyance, one would never recommend it as an example of good jrpg. But for the fact of freedom and team creation it has incredible replayability.

The same can be said about DQ9 too, but that game is slightly better.

Fight me

I played all with mouse

That and Fallout 3. Would never in my life play them vanilla but with mods you can make them pretty immersive and fun.

I just need to scratch that survivalist woodsman itch since I've gotten too fat to go innawoods and the woods are too far away from my apartment. Fuck city life.

Me also, when playing as Carrie at least. She's fun to play as, and I get sick enjoyment out of her dying in nasty ways.

It's possible to have some nostalgia for, or find something you really enjoy about a shit game. Sonic 2006 is hilariously bad in places and good for speedrunning, for example.

To DNF's credit Duke Nukem was as you'd expect, but the gameplay was utter trash. DNMP is a much better DNF in my opinion.

While i consider V inferior to IV, i still think its better than VI everyone likes.

just play unreal world jesus fuck

I try to ignore how many autists play minecraft

I see that this is pretty much just an "unpopular opinions thread"

I like to walk around and hunt stuff. Haven't even touched lewd mods.

Was Fusion really bad? I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Its not, Metroid autists just like to complain.

Do you also have a love/hate relationship with Titanfall?

Fuck you, that game is actually good.

Dubs of truth

What are your thoughts on Titanic

Didn't intend for it to be. It's knowing full well that the game is lacking mechanically and enjoying it despite that. I guess that could be considered unopoular opinion but with more self awareness.

I get you man.
We will never get a game on level of TF2. I still remember shit tone of tricks to playing Pyro even through I stopped playing it over 5 years ago.
Generally everything in both Overwatch and Paladins seems shallow as fuck.

Ok fuck everything.
Minecraft is not bad, it is lego simulator. Only thing questionable is why are you playing it, but game itself is quite solid.

It isn't Typing of the Dead

which teen titan wuld u fug

he says after he got overshit
>>>/reddit/

raven

Beastboy as a cuntboy

Eh, it's fun

WOAH, BACK THE FUCK OFF.
That is the best game on N64; it doesn't belong in this thread.

Robin

it seems as if user has made mischief

oh dang, got the dev nationality confused with publisher. I liked certain aspects of the game, namely the wide variety of spells and the way the card-based Magic system worked. Having cool Summoned monsters was nice too.

are you saying that they're actually good, or so irredeemably shit that no one could ever like them? be more specific

It's an objectively bad game, but it has great gunplay and killing wildlife/ghouls is fun and satisfying.

Not on it's own, but before Other M it was considered to be the worst Metroid game at the time. It was stupidly linear and actively went out of its way to block off certain points until you talked to your computer pal. It's rep has gotten a bit better recently because while it's no Super or Zero Mission, it's nowhere as bad as Other M or Federation Force.

Stop this meme.

It's one of the only games to have genuinely good damage feedback. They basically just 1:1 ripped off left 4 dead 2.

If more developers were willing to put in the effort to do that, I wouldn't give a fuck about F4. Until then, it's pretty okay.

Ah, so here's the newfag containment thread

What exactly is wrong with it mechanically?

In the last few days, I decided to replay the game. Little brother was sitting next to me during the replay, and god fucking damn, did I enjoy it. We had some fun solving the puzzles again, we both raged the fuck out of Fi and had fun messing around. Also, the soundtrack. One of the best I have ever heard.

The main problem is the linearity, the controls and Fi

I can no longer play Zelda games after Twilight Princess. Zero interest.

It's a shitty shitty grindfest where you do the same 4 missions over and over but goddamn do some of the exotic guns feel great.

MIDA Multi-Tool will forever be my raifu.

Shit nigga, idunno. I didn't post DQ3.

Oh nevermind, thought you were the original guy I replied to. The SNES port of Doom is missing levels, lacks the ability to circlestrafe, has less animations, and is generally inferior to not only the original, but to virtually every other port that came afterwards. However, I still like it because it changes the tone of Doom when I play it. It's more like an experimental survival horror game than the genre defining classic the original PC game was. In short, it made you feel like a target in a shooting gallery instead of the other way around. Dead Aim is similar with it's janky controls, shooting in particular, but the atmosphere of it and a few of the tracks have me coming back despite its short length. I've already explained why I know Gex 64 is shit in previous posts, and I like it because it was a well designed game with good art direction, good level design, and catchy music.

SHAKE SHAKE

Are you ok, user?

No wonder its shit

?

thank god I never got an xbox

I just didn't write my sentence correctly, my point was that Capcom are good at fucking their shit up and on a semi related note the quality of Ground Zeroes was not indicative of the overall quality of The Phantom Pain, thus I will not pass judgement on a final game based on it's demo ever again, especially if the demo content isn't cut out from the main game.

Why does the game get lower ratings because of the fanbase? Why can't it be judged on its own merit?

I know its shit, but damn if I havent had a blast with this game. Also, with a few select mods it becomes one of the ultimate cozy games bandwidth can pirate. I've spent hours on my current playthrough chilling out in my manor, brewing ale or making wine, mixing potions, bathing, sleeping, eating and Fucking my massive harem of sex slaves.

Fuck off back

Resident Evil Survivor
It's short, the plot is a massive chiche and both the g-con and regular controls are pretty shit, but I still love this game and even S ranked it on my PSP
It uses the same models for almost every enemy in RE2 and some from RE1, and since RE2 was basically the game of my childhood, looking and killing the BOWs at up close is fun as fuck for me

I'l be more specific in your mom's mouth.

It is though, not worth playing after the first runthrough even with all the other options due to how much of a slog it is to go through.

Never played it.

The movie? Never seen it.

Jinx

Hatred. Twinstick shootan games make me happy, no matter how shallow they are.

Fuck off

Bingo. Plus they were required with all the camera angle shifts, you'd probably keep going back and forth with DMC controls. Yes I know Devil May Cry handled this fine but let's just say they were figuring it out. I'm bad at wording stuff I know

The multiplayer is pretty legit. There's something fun about shooting the fuck out of each other as DeviantArt recolors. Of course this is the same logic that lets people think The Division and Destiny were good games so feel free to call me a faggot.

Holy shit I hate you more than anyone I've ever seen on here. And let me tell you, I see PLENTY of futafags shit this place up daily.

As someone who's been working on a dragons mod with a fa/tg/uy friend of mine for way too long, you could play worse.

Minecraft in and of itself is not a bad digital Lego simulator.
Metroid Fusion is a different, more linear game, but still a very good Metroid game.
WarioLand 3 takes a while to beat, but that's ok when you're a kid.

All of these games are objectively good.

Raven, gothy chicks are a hell of a drug

It's so bad its good.

I was mad till I saw this
the game was pretty unpolished though

That was actually considered legitimately good at the time it came out. The only reason it's looked down upon (or was) is because of MJ's reputation and the bizarre, dated concept.

I agree. Shame the autists had to go and fuck it all up.

Agreed.

Disagreed. That stinker deserved every amount of hate it got. I know I'm posting two games by Gearbox, but only one of them was actually developed by them.

pre-Big Bang MapleStory
I'm not even sure why, but I always replay it on a private server every couple years or so.

Pleb opinions for SJW lite gamrs.

I personally think shadow the hedgehog wasn't bad, all things considered. At the very least, I'd say it was better than heroes.

Fuck the space colony ark levels though

ITT anons breaking the conditioning. DNF was blasted primarily because of its "toxic masculinity". None of the reviewers even got past the 2nd level.

I would like it if I didn't have to pay more than 10 bucks for it

None of these are bad, just mediocre. Honestly, I'd argue borderlands was just slightly above average

Such low-energy bait.

Since outright calling your thread a "Unpopular Opinions thread" will get you lots of negative posts, faggots are now calling them like this. I see some shit games here along with a lot of beloved good ones like…

…These,

It wasn't bad but not great either, just a 3D Rayman clone.

still better than Diablo 3

maybe better than D2

Definitely Raven.

Ush now. Just let it take you, just let it steer. Deepest lore ever.

It's the SNES port specifically. Explain why I like it here

I'm talking about pre-op Bubsy.

Metroid Fusion had a pretty good story

Oh don't be so stupid. The game deserved a hell of a spanking, but not for what the (((reviewers))) were screeching about. It was problems like the shit linear level design, 2 weapon limit, QTEs in boss fights, regenerating health mechanics, shit graphics, Sonic 2006 load times, the ridiculously long and chequered development history, etc. Even ROTT2013 did a better job.

Total war Warhammer agreed. The jewery is what makes the game so shit but otherwise it's a big improvement from their last few total war games only because there isn't 1 v 1 animation combat. I think the only animations I've seen is when a lord is finishing off a giant unit

It's a bad port of the PS1 original with ugly blurry graphics, unresponsive controls, and only a few one liners that get repeated over and over.