Which super hero video games are legit good and well made? What Holla Forums would recommend to me?

Which super hero video games are legit good and well made? What Holla Forums would recommend to me?

As far as spider-man games go Ultimate spider-man is still the best.
Plus the boss battles are decent and the comic panel style in cutscenes is actually well done.

I fucking loved that game. I borrowed it from the kid who lived up the road, never returned it, and became known as a kike for life because he was cooler than me.
Shit was worth it.

The spider man games on the PS1 are pretty good, and they have that one edge over every other superhero game in that it has costumes that are more than just cosmetic changes.

Bamham is fun, or at least Asylum and City are because that's where I currently am in the series anyways.

There's only one and it's not based on comics

Are you talking about Comix Zone

Okay that one's pretty decent too, but it didn't come to mind immediately

Saints Row 4?

That was a very poor clone of Dungeon Keeper 2. Don't know why people give this game a lot of credit.

Fuck you and your shit taste.

Arkham Asylum, ignore every game after that one.

Nah city's decent too despite some of it's plot holes. Ignore Arkham Knight if you can. It takes a giant fucking shit on the Jason Todd Red Hood story and proves Rocksteady couldn't do any fucking thing without the Joker.

X-Men 2: Clone Wars for the Genesis was decent. Best character in that game is Nightcrawler by a long shot.

it was impossible to get in to after playing dungeon keeper

I enjoyed the first inFamous. Not sure how well it'd hold up without nostalgia-clouding though.

Are Orgins/Knight bad lorewise or gameplaywise?

Saints Row 4 isn't a clone of anything though, unlike its predecessors.

Did this game suck? I had it since it came out back in 2001 so I don't know.
I can say the combat hasn't aged well but I think the game might be worth a playthrough since it's basically a playable BTAS even if it uses the inferior season 3 designs.

Prototype.

origins and knight are pretty solid gameplay wise, knight does have the batmobile which CAN be fun to use from time to time and gotham feels more alive in knight than in origins despite both having this lame ass excuse for there being no civilians (origins had this curfew thing and knight the city was evacuated)

Story wise Origins was stronger. Arkham Knight made it look like it introduced a new character, then suddenly out of NOWHERE 3/4ths into the game, Batman just gets triggered into remembering Jason Todd… out of fucking nowhere. Which literally gives away who the Arkham Knight it. Plus Batman's Imaginary friend Joker was fucking stupid. "batman had jokers blood in him so he had these elaborate visions of the joker in his brain" Rocksteady needed Paul Dini or someone who was literally not brain dead.

Origins is your obligatory "Origin" video game which was popular at the time and was decent, the only thing bogging it down was Joker yet a fucking gain but this time with shitty wannabe mark hamill voice (Troy baker)

So origins is better story wise (kind of) and Arkham Knight is better gameplay wise. I can only really recommend them to batman fans.

I saw the trailer for Origin while it was downloading just to get the gist of the plot. Let me guess, Black Mask is joker in Origins??

The cow punting Hulk game

This, the PS1 one its rad as fuck, specially those levels where youre getting chased by helicopters.

Yuuuuup. They don't even hide it. That whole 8 deadly assassins thing actually gets tossed out the window in the first half of the game.

Yeah, everyone forgets Crackdown.

How similiar are Spiderman 2 for the gamecube and Ultimate Spider Man in terms of gameplay? I remember loving the shit out of Spidey 2 when I was younger

Yep, SF4 might as well be considered an original game.

Web of Shadows was my favorite for having best combat in the series. I don't know what Holla Forums thinks of it though.

ultimate spider-man has a much better story but very shallow combat compared to spider-man 2 with the exception that in ultimate spidey does this cool wall bounce attack, meanwhile spider-man has this fuck off gravity defying stair kick attack where he kicks a nigger at the speed of light and gains height from it. The faster you mash attack the faster and longer the attack goes for and it's the funniest fucking thing.

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a BITCH"

Its just i was watching those shitty videos being posted on Holla Forums and decided that i need some good super hero fill.

I was about to bring up web of shadows. It's one of my favorite spidey games as well despite some annoying glitches. The symbiote versions of some characters are very well designed as well. Spidey is also extremely acrobatic in this game. Everything he does is a flip.

My only major issues with the game are, Spideys voice is cancer, black cat in this game is ugly as fuck, pls bring back black cat from spider-man 2, beating the game resets the entire save from the beginning and no new game plus if I remember. And last but not least…. this game literally can't happen in the spider-man canon. Venom cannot actually reproduce enough to cause a mass infection, symbiotes can only reproduce up to 6 times and it takes a LONG time for them to do so. Venom appears like… 3 times in the whole game and they are brief, and venom's goals in this make no sense.

Meant to say in spider-man 2 there's a gravity defying kick attack. I'm tired as fuck

You're right, it is closer to Prototype than Crackdown.

Ahh yes. The "Jump that mother fucker to the top of the Empire State building then pile driver them into a dumpster" move. A classic.

nah wasn't talking about that, but that was fucking great to do too. I don't care about muh realism, I just want to do that in a new modern spider-man game again

Oh right. The mid air fucking step on their face spam move. I was thinking of the kick off, web them back to you, kick off, repeat ad infinitum until the pile driver.

Loved all the fucking moves in that game. Even though most were kind of useless, added a lot of fun

this was on the gba wasn't it? I remember playing it years ago it's pretty decent except the parts where you play as robin

The GBA version must be different since the Xbox Ps2 GNC versions you play as only Batman.

The Deadpool game was pretty decent if your like lol random clown shoes Deadpool, but the bosses were weak and it had no replayability.

X-men origins Wolverine was pretty good God of War clone made way better by letting you play the whole game with the comic costumes.
oh and the sentinel boss fight you have to hack at its feet for like 10 mins. It's fucking great

the one and only thing I despise about Origins wolverine is that his running animation is ripped from the fucking ultimate alliance games. It makes sense in those games but here he looks retarded

it was a sidescroller and a topdown when playing as robin, you could use batman, robin, and deathwing piloting the whatever batplane during some sequences, it was pretty alright
oh and it had some shitty driving sequences with the batmobile

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 or 3

I really liked Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions, but I also haven't played it in a long time. Not sure how much I'd enjoy it now.

you get a sense of wonder and joy from it. The gameplay might not be super strong but it oozes with charm.

Edge of time, the sequel, was also pretty decent. It's just the level design is fucking boring and there can be times where both spider-men get waaay too serious to the point where you beg them to shut up.

It feels like this game was lost in time.

That game was fucking hardcore

if we're allowed to avoid comic-licenses:

Freedom Force and Freedom Force vs the Third Reich (squad-based tactics with superheroes. Silver age as fuck. Killer cliffhanger ending in 3rd Reich. Ken Levine is a bitch nigger for not continuing this series)
inFamous 1 and 2 (whitey Static Shock. You should have at least heard of these)
Viewtiful Joe
Wonderful 101

I remembered playing this and uninstalling it pretty quickly. The way you moved just felt awkward and off.

I'm glad I bought that game back in the day.

Spider-man games have always been decent, such as

There's also fighting games such as X-men: Children of the Atom and Marvel Super Heroes by Capcom.

holy shit my brethren of fair melanin

these were the ones i found enjoyable

Pic related is my favourite, but basically everything else mentioned in this thread is good too.