So have either of these games been fixed and made fun to play or are they still fubar?

So have either of these games been fixed and made fun to play or are they still fubar?

Other urls found in this thread:

history.com/news/ask-history/what-was-the-dancing-plague-of-1518
moddb.com/mods/templargfxs-acm-overhaul
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You cant make a disease fun.

No, and no.
The only remotely fun thing about colonial marines was that online mode where marines had to cooperate to survive hordes of aliens, with sentry turrents and all that.
And even that, was pretty halfassed.

Damn, I'm about to finish Serious Sam 3 and FEAR and was hoping for some more fps fun along those lines.

May i suggest E.YE?

Haven't played it yet and it's in my library, I'll go ahead and install it

I bought Aliens: CM and it actually seems pretty alright now. Granted, it is way too slow on the first mission and the Alien AI can get stuck sometimes, but it seems to have been fixed for the most part.

Forever wasnt a bad game, but considering the long dev cycle I genuinely wonder what the fuck was going through 3D realms mind. ACM got patched but its not really worth it if you want a good story or want a few spooks, only as an alright popcorn action game.

I was just thinking the Aliens atmosphere and guns might be fun to play around with so long as it was a bit better, though I guess they couldn't fix the bosses.

As for Duke Nukem, I was just hoping for more 80's-90's action hero with Doom like gameplay.

You sure can.

I've actually got both of those games. They're disappointing as shit, but not completely bad. DNF is pretty meh, Aliens is pretty alright as a shooter, doesn't have very bad atmosphere though.

history.com/news/ask-history/what-was-the-dancing-plague-of-1518

A mix of delusions and convulsions or muscle spasms, food induced maybe?
That's interesting stuff, user.

the dlc is what the main game should've been. Much better story and gameplay than the main story.

Maybe I'll give Aliens a go then. I know there's a rebalancing mod that is supposed to fix some things and make the game a little closer to what it should have been.

Also, are FEAR 2 and 3 any good? I played them back in the day on a console, but that was before I really like FPS's and beating them with a controller makes me a little worried that they are shit and not worth wasting time on.

They're good, but 3 is only a decent shooter. 2 is my favorite out of the series.

FEAR 2 is alright, but you can definitely tell things were changed to be a bit more console friendly. FEAR 3 is dogshit that was meant for consoles. I wouldn't bother with that one. Do try out the expansions for the original though.

Also, little girls in vidya made me extremely happy. Not in the sexual way either.

Every time I play this because SOME joker somewhere insists it's fun. I just end up feeling like I'm playing a dud HL2 mod. Same deal with the Source engine shooter that's meant to play like FEAR, Underhell I think.

I heard the expansions were pretty meh, but I might as well. There really isn't a game like FEAR and I know I'm going to want more after beating it on the hardest difficulty. Funny thing is, I thought it was shit when I tried to play it on the 360. I'll go ahead and get 2 as well, though I'll hold off on 3 unless I really want more. I remember that being the easiest to beat on a console so I can't imagine how it would feel with a mouse and keyboard. I also remember what little story it had pretty well.

Duke Nukem forever actually isn't terrible, it's just extremely generic and underwhelming. It only has one major flaw; the fact that you can't carry more than two guns, which makes no fucking sense for a shooter like this.

For Aliens or Dook?

With Aliens it does feel like there was a nice attention to detail and some respect for the source material, minus the whole scandal behind the scenes and the Aliens themselves not putting up much of a fight. And with Duke it doesnt feel like Doom at all, but you really can disect it and make an educated guess on which parts were developed at what time.

They patched in a maximum of 4 guns on PC. Still was retarded for the game to launch in a two gun only state.

That's marginally better, but there still shouldn't have been a cap at all. I really can't fathom what they were thinking.

There is very little difference in quality of gameplay between 2 and 3. The only thing 3 clearly has worse are the achievement popups. However, it has better sense of aeshtetic in general. 2 has that one school level, but even that one goes full retard with the underground base. Also, BULLETS TASTE LIKE CHICKEN is the second genuinely cringiest moment I've met in videogaming.

It's Gearbox, so chances are they weren't thinking at all aside from

I personally cant tell who thought that was a smart idea in the first place, Gearbox or 3D Realms. I kinda want to say it was 3D Realms because of how big of a clusterfuck DNF's development was and because all Gearbox seemed to do was put it out of its misery.

The only thing you get from polishing turds is a dirty rag

If you guys who recommended Colonial Marines haven't tried it yet, install
moddb.com/mods/templargfxs-acm-overhaul

it's like a completely new game.

I enjoyed the intro sequence of Douk Noukem Forever.

DNF was the best shooter that year. The online-mode alone was worth the money.

What was the multiplayer portion like?

I guess the last game I'm curious about, how was the new Wolfenstein? I've heard mixed things here.

The DLC for Dook is ok. Better than the main story at least. And they upped the weapon cap from 2 to 4.

I honestly liked Wolfenstein TNO quite a bit, the main problems I have it are the lack of guns, poor enemy variety, pointless moral choices, and it didnt run as well on my toaster as I hoped with its bloated filesize. Soundtrack was great though and made the game.

Does it save it somewhat?

Duke Nukem Forever was always reasonable fun, just forgettable fun that wasn't worth the wait and a poor sequel to 3D. Part of the reason it was shat on so hard was journalists deciding the character was outdated and sexist to go along with 'gamers are dead' shit.

I'm not sure if any of you slouched through the entirety of DNF, but I'll say one thing - if the entire game was as dynamic as the final boss fight it would've been pretty neat.

F.E.A.R. 2 is ok but the first two hours are fucking terrible. The entire game is a step down from 1. but the ending is popular around here for some reason…

3 is shit. Play it in coop or not at all.

For DNF

I found it very enjoyable. Good aesthetics and good gameplay. It encourages aggressiveness and stealth instead of constantly ducking for cover.
I've however heard that it's not very well optimized for PC. Don't know if they've already fixed that through patches, though.

Gotcha, I'm gonna go ahead and get it then.

And yeah, it completely rebalances the game, increases everything's AI, improves the lighting and graphics, makes the weapons more faithful to the movie, and gives you the ability to remove the HUD making it into more of a horror game.

There's still an occasional AI hiccup or glitch from time to time, but you can tell the guy put a ton of work into fixing this game.

Actually, here's an alright review