Why is it selling like shit?

Why is it selling like shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/LW90x
malegeneral.com/cam/whores/
youtube.com/watch?v=EFgjUMH8DnI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Too expensive. Somehow squeenix gets away with selling mobile ports of SNES final fantasy games for $15 though.

Because they didn't make it a lite version and a companion full application.
And Mobile fags are stupid.
Not defending the game mind you

Doesn't it eat data to a ridiculous degree? I can understand that being a make-it-or-break-it for mobile faggots.

mobile is the future of gayming though. it's kinda funny that nintendo fucked up in their first try too.

It's a data-monopolizing, fucking slapdash product put together as scraps for the dogs under that table that constitute the mobile market.

Nintendo has had to concede their dominance in the mobile gaming market to phones, and their concessions are going to consist of shit like Miitomo, Pokémon Go and Mario Run.

Can't imagine what's going to happen when Nintendo decides to toss Zelda and Metroid offerings in the mix.

Did Nintendo seriously expect for normalfags to pay more than 5 bucks for a shitty mobile runner with a Mario coating? The only reason for the success of Pokemon Go was that it didn't cost a penny to play, the Mario brand is not as strong as it once was. It will still go F2P on a few months.

Never heard of it. How bad is it?

Pretty bad, they also hyped it to hell and whored out Miyamoto to promote it.

False advertising

6 worlds

Or just pirate it

Or emulate the original ones

Excerpt from a review:

Is it? they still made well over the games costs, something like $20 million in sales so roughly 2 million people actually purchased the game.

Either way you're missing the point, Pokemon Go pushed Pokemon Sun and Moon to be the years top selling game, Super Mario Run is more of this stuff for the upcoming Mario Switch title, 55 million downloads is 55 million people being aware of Mario

Is this a real thread?

Maybe if your King Games. For everyone else it's a blackhole.

see

Is it on Android? Because that can be bypassed with some patches.

so at it's core it's a farmville-style F2P abortion?

archive.is/LW90x

While the Mario brand is far from obscure, it's not strong anymore.

It's a mobile game, of course it is.

It hasn't been relevant since the Wii died, not a single memorable Mario game has been released since SMG2.

memis aside you know it to be true man, just accept it.

Its $10 for a runner, thats way too much.

how far the mighty have fallen

Shit looks stupid. I hate mobile games, why not read some interesting articles or shit post on a chan instead of playing trash?

Card battling and Bejeweled-style puzzle game, respectively.

That is a very real way of looking at it.

I'm somewhat relieved Samus can finally rest beside Captain Falcon and Mega Man outside of Smash cameos.

Mobile games are finally beginning to die out. It's an irritating fad and I'm glad it's not going to be able to influence the industry much longer.

I am being serious. There's a lot of money in Mobile but it's cabbaged by the top 5 or 10 Mobile devs leaving nothing but scraps for everyone else.
Additionally Mobile has a terrible simplistic control scheme that functionally locks more complex games out of the platform.
Then there's the fact that mobile games are generally unfit for games with a narrative plot and that Mobile's censorship is worse than that of consoles or Steam.
All taken together this means that a large swath of developers will refuse or be prevented from adopting mobile. And they'll still make games, for what I'm uncertain, but it won't be for Mobile.
Alternatively they will make some Mobile games but only to entice customers to their other games or as a source of income fleecing Mobilefags out of their money to fund the projects the devs really want to make.

How are they dying out? From what I see, fools are still downloading shitty mobile games.

I guess Nintendo forgot the first rule of dealing drugs. You need a low quality sample to get your customers hooked on. The game has to be"free" to install. Also heard it runs like ass,.

Also doesn't it look like every single asset was borrowed from the NSMB games? Truly zero effort went into this game.

Maybe "dying-out" is hyperbole, but they're becoming increasingly irrelevent.

Plateaued is probably the more accurate term.

to squeenix those mobile ff are a niche fan service that gets eaten up by wannabe nerds. nintendo on the other hand wanted mario run to be their big entrance into the mobile market.

Saturated would be the proper term.

Then why does Switch exist, jackass?

Nintendo has transitioned into mobile gaming wonderfully.

Handheld =/= Mobile.

PANEL DE PON SAGA!

Most certainly

Puzzle mode was the best part of the original.
60+ levels of that with the original characters and art style would be great.

FF games have a lot more game play. A runner is something you play for a few minutes while shitting.

Or A-Team, the only f2p company that understands how to keep both f2p and p2w players without giving them the middle finger like DeNA (I played Blood Brothers 1 & 2. Dena hated you if you were a f2p fag even if you were an active player. DeNA deserves to go out of business like Capcom).

[spoiler]Valkyrie Connect is pretty fun. [spoiler]

personally i find a satisfaction in feeding dogs. ducks too, but they arent really for petting.

Because nobody wants a Mario game where you can barely control Mario. It's like a step back from Game & Watch even.

None of that sounds like fun. How do you make a f2p that bad?

Honestly o really enjoy it. People are right that it's a big missed oppurtunity though. The funniest part is Toad Rally where you have to put style people by doing cool jumps with precise timing after landings and going through optimal paths. So why can you not vs people LIVE and not only a ghost? More over, why not more core designed levels that are more built around MP than this half baked campaign?

Very good idea, but had the idea of MP completely wrong sadly.

Holy typos
I*
funnest*
out*

because the game is mediocre, they are fucking jews and even normalfags realize that

faggot

Because it's a $10 phone game.

Sounds about right. Nintendo made a profit and pushed Mario shortly before the big Switch reveal in January, it works out for them. Maybe they realized that cellphone gaming is never going to be more than a sideshow for them.

SAVE THE WHALES

Christ I'm always reminded of the stupidity and banality of the human race.

What planet do you live on and can I immigrate?

Wouldn't Dr. Mario make a better phone game than this?

High level doctor mario play would require more precision than high level super mario play

I guess you never knew the first rule of dealing drugs. Besides, that's not even the first, or second rule.

Nah. Ever played lost levels or the bonus bonus world in SMW?

It's too expensive for what it is and the market you're trying to sell it to. Ultimately stuff's worth what people are willing to pay for it and the mobile market doesn't want to pay $10 for a Mario runner.

For what it is, it does what it intends to do very well. It's a polished runner game with decent levels and an interesting take (you're not running into the distance like every other runner, you're basically playing mario but always holding right). It's just not priced to suit the market, even as a "premium" title. It should've been $2 at most.

kek

webbum related

The game was free to download and offered the first three stages when I got it. I didn't purchase it, haven't spent any money.

Those games aren't meant to be sold to the mobile market; they're meant to be sold to Squeenix fans that want Final Fantasy on everything they own. Also what said.

Chances are Nintendo's deliberately overpricing stuff like this or having the third parties that develop these things make them a boring slog so they can point to their retard investors and yell "we told you mobire isn't worth pursuing"

Doubtful; Nintendo's long said that they treat their products like toys and keep their prices high because that's what they feel they're worth. It's like how Disney markets DVDs of their classics: They don't make many of them and when they do, they never depreciate in value. Look at the 2nd hand market for first party Nintendo games, the prices are so high compared to the rest of the content on those platforms. Nintendo have always overpriced their stuff.

Why not make a Paper Mario mobile game that plays like a mix between older Paper Mario games and Granblue Fantasy? Instead of 2D sluts it would be partners you would have on your team. The PM combat would even transition into mobile very easily and the PM universe (at least for TTYD and Paper Mario) is pretty massive. There is nothing stopping them from adding a whole bunch of shit. Well besides Miyamoto that is.

Because it's a phone game that costs $10. The most they are willing to spend on a single purchase is $2.

This is another reason that Mobile isn't the future of gaming.

Mobile gaming turned out exactly the opposite of what I expected. I was expecting it to be full of legit puzzle games, adventure games, visual novels, and other narrative heavy games. Instead we get 10000 clones of everything from Addictinggames.com and a ton of F2P games that force you to wait to continue to play. A platform that would be perfect for visual novels barely has any ported to it. RPG ports usually come out to be the worst versions with horrible translations, filters, and stretching. And what was praised so high were clones of flash games that kids played on their PC in computer class behind the teacher's back because there was nothing else better to do.

Mobile gaming was a mistake.

I hope to open your minds to the utter ridiculousness of cellphone gaming when I say this 100% TRUE FUCKING FACT:

The best phone game is snake.

HOLY SHIT, STOP THE PRESSES

why live

Because is shit.

There are some good phone games besides it, but the problem is, those good games just don't do well financially. They keep getting outsold by predatory F2P games, or their premise is outright stolen by another company that can superadvertise their title to the point where nobody knows the original.

Generally I find any phone game has a better version not on a phone.

there are perfectly valid reasons for still visiting cuckchan like degenerate stuff

That's what sad panda is for.

We have better drawfags here.

i meant like /lgbt/

Leave.

not my fault there's no good trap community on 8ch

Because Shiggy said no more characters are allowed in Paper Mario games. All characters must be Toads now.

Nitendo doesn't understand the mobile market. The game is well made but underdeveloped as a mobile game.

The game should've been free to play, not always online. And the easiest part of all, the monetization should've been charging for extra lives or powerups.

These poor bastards would never survive here.

Is it?
Last I heard there were 50 million downloads.
I hope it does really poorly, mobile gaming needs to fucking die.

There's an entire board full of traps.

Mentally illnesses are often linked with having a very high skill in something.
Why do you think Quentin Tarantino is so good, even while being a fucking foot fetishist?

>>>/trap/
If not, then >>>/cuteboys/
Lastly
malegeneral.com/cam/whores/

Now go out and be a good degenerate and remember to stop reproducing, GOYIM.

Jackie Brown is the only good film he ever made.

I'm talking about what the general, not you, thinks of his films. I could say moe shit is bad, but of course, that won't make my opinion a fact.

Of course, who fucking cares what the general population thinks about films, or weaboos/wapanese for that matter. They both have absolutely shit taste. Then again, so do I. Fuck you., unless of course it is constructive cristism on improving something, but that doesn't apply right now.

fucking hell, choose one

I think that hearing through a paper thin wall his whore of a mom fucked a shitload of niggers influenced his film making career more than getting a boner from feet since some of the niggers took him to the movies.

It's just crap made to please the shareholders. Although I think this isn't one of the DeNA games, unless I'm wrong, so they actually wasted their time on it. No, Nintendo's attempt at making a mobile system is the same thing they did with the NES in the US. The NES was a console that garunteed quality in an era where console games sometimes flat out didn't work or were just incredibly shit. The Switch is a tablet (for the sake of argument it uses tablet tech in it, it's more like a handheald) that guarantees quality games in a market where most are shit. Now, say what you will about the NES's library of shovelware or the quality of Nintendo's current games, but we can all admit there has been and will be worse shit, and Nintendo looks much better in comparison. Given the Switch's cheap rumored price point, and the Switch is posed to do well in a "mobile" market while still being a handheld in the traditional sense. Don't believe their lies, this isn't their next console offering, they're probably giving up on consoles for a bit. I'm not buying one near launch unless there's a Wonderful 101 sequel on the horizon or there's a decent promise of piracy. For anyone who cares about Nintendo games, between a hacked Wii U and 3DS you can play pretty much Nintendo's entire library aside from Virtual Boy, that's a much better investment. Especially if there's no backwards compatibility on Switch.

No, it's not Farmville.

That review is being very charitable - the city builder has fuck all for gameplay, two thirds of buildings do absolutely nothing. A few unlock characters, some will get you a minigame, that's it.

There is no point to any of it since you literally just slap graphics together, and bland recycled color-swappy nuSMB graphics at that.

And it's exactly as fun as it sounds.

Sounds like Nintendo took a cue from Sonic Advance 2.

People are finally sick of nintendo shit

I wish that was true, but people bought Pokemon Moon+Sun & are going to get their eyes on Zelda Scrolls: Skyrim

iots free

Well, at least metroid's too dead to be raped any further by nintendo.

It's so fucking disappointing.

What the fuck happened

Nothing is safe from the mobile gaming menace. Lowering the bar for entry on development while ratcheting up the tolerance for in-app purchases is a perfect storm of bullshit.

This mobile ASSFAGGOTS are a really solid game that is not much p2w. There are several more f2p games that dont feel like a terribad p2w game
youtube.com/watch?v=EFgjUMH8DnI it did not lose much from a typical PC LoL type ASSFAGGOTS to be a mobile game and it is based around skill and not who can spend the most money

Once Sekai turned Western VN translations into a steam-tier business model, the Western VN scene went to shit. Sekai are the worst of humans, and I'm glad they're losing money.

You need to go back.

He only LIKES them.

Because normalfags.

MHH WHO KNOWS

Yeah this was doomed from the start. It also doesn't help that near the time SMR came out Rockstar released a mobile port of Bully.

Because Sonic run is free?