How pleb or patrician are your parents?

How pleb or patrician are your parents?

Post your parents favorite games and Holla Forums will determine if they're plebian of patrician.

Pic related. My mother doesn't vidya, but my father only plays SMAC. He's tried other strategy games, but always ends up saying 'It's not as good as Alpha Centauri." and "You can't do anywhere near as much in [recent game he's played] as Alpha Centauri" He's been playing AC almost exclusively since I bought it when it came out. Every time I come over to visit on a weekend, he's playing Alpha Centauri.

Mother can't even drive cars irl, had her license revoked after she crashed for the 300th time, but she likes need for speed even though she never completed a race in 10 years and still hasn't gotten the controls right
Father has played pong on his free time ever since it came out, on the oddyssey and he somehow never beat me.
Overall i'm glad i can walk and breathe at once knowing my family.

Father likes first person shooters… not gonna go into detail.

Mother likes point and click games, the more old school (in her perception) the better.

My dad played a lot of doom/Duke, moved on to adventure games, and mostly sticks to flight sims now. Mom's can't into videotoys.

Nobody else throughout my extended family even plays games.

Get me.

My dad is a huge RTSfag.
Most of my childhood games were RTS and turn-based strategies cause of this.
I'd say he had pretty good tastes.

People who call themselves patrician are plebs.

My dad liked Evergrace and games like Eternal Ring. I used to watch him play Summoner and MGS as well. Last game he told me he liked was BB.

Neat. That was one of the first PS2 games my dad bought along with Timesplitters.

My parents don't like games at all. Mom never had any real interest and I think the last time dad played a game was centipede or snake on an Atari he picked up at a yard sale and used all of one time. Mom has at least been able to appreciate the music for various games though (Dad could never stand any sort of vidya music, whether orchestrated or midi or whatever).

He ever play Forever Kingdom, the sequel (Evergrace II in Japan)?

He did, I thought I imagined the damn game until a few years ago along with a game called monkey magic

My mom is the best Tetris Attack player I've ever seen, she played it regularly until our snes crapped out a couple of years ago.
Almost 20 years of tetris attack made her so fast that I could never compete with her nor could I even understand how she could pull off massive combos faster than I could line up 5 in a row

My mom likes colourful games with cute heroes, like Spyro/Crash/Ratchet and Clank/Jak&Daxter, the old DKC games, and Tomb Raider games. But she's played quite a diverse array of games. Her hands are pretty fucked up now though so she can't play well without my help anymore, and she resorts to playing facebookshit when I'm not available.
Dad doesn't like vidya, but I did get him to play some Zachtronics games which he enjoyed.

My late Dad favorite games were Larry series and Worms , also he enjoyed WW2 strategy games..
My Moms favorite game is Tetris and she's fucking great at it

My dad didn't play too many video games, but these he played the shit out of. I remember the morning after we got Rogue Squadron it blew my mind that he stayed up much of the night beating most of the the game.

well if we're going to talk about people other than parents, have a wall of text

My father now only plays this after installing it. Before it was just ZH.

I just remembered there was a time where he was crazy into world war 2 shooters and played all of these on all difficulty levels.

My dad doesn't play vidya, but my mom fucking loves puzzle games and You Don't Know Jack.
Used to translate to luxor and jewel quest, but now it's just candy crush

My mom and dad got stuck in the arcade era in the 80's and early 90's.

Mappy, Galaga, Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Pac-man, Defender, Q-bert, Dig-Dug, Zaxxon, Elevator Action, Double Dragon, Rally X, you name it. At least i know they played all of these games since they keep playing them on the MAME emulator on my PC.

Must suck having shit parents.
It's actually a pretty well known fact that parents that play a lot of vidya tend to be shit parents. It's a strange pattern but it's there.

Oh and my dad played Touhou 3 before me, not sure if that counts.

Mom's favorite used to be SMB3, now it's probably some Facebook trash

I don't know if my dad likes video games. If I ever meet him I'll ask

My parents only ever enjoyed playing games on my waifu, Nepgear.

NIGGER
I
G
G
E
R

My mom loathes vidya and consider it a source of addiction that has ruins lives.
My dad once spent entire nights grinding Gran Turismo so that my brother and I could buy cool cars and parts the following day. He also bought us Giants: Citizen Kabuto but didn't play it. He used to play lots of DOS games (Doom, Lemmings, etc), NES, Amiga, and Commodore (he used to develop games for it on his free time) but now he only plays puzzle games on his phone, probably because he thinks it's so convenient. He just leans in on the couch and starts playing.

No, thank God. If I were a nigger on top of everything else I think I'd just kill myself.

So what happened to your dad, user?

Once every blue moon my mother will boot up tf2 and she'll ask me to play with her. She likes to go engineer and medic the most.

Well, to be fair, Evergrace and Eternal Ring are MUCH more frequent to see around than Forever Kingdom. I see probably one or two of both prior any time I go out to a used vidya store, but I've only ever seen Forever Kingdom once. I'd have bought it (it was pretty reasonable at $20, though I assume it's just a case of a hard to find game with next to no demand to warrant higher prices, like Tsugunai) if the previous owner hadn't spilled a bucket of yellow paint all over the games he was trading in.

Doesn't prevent your dad having the soul of a nigger if he abandoned his family. Assuming it's not a case that he just fucking died (the way you worded it makes it sound like that's not the case).

He bailed, like a nigger

Literally the only thing I know about him is his first and last name and that, as of a few years ago, he lived relatively close by.

nigger

Michael?

I'm not a nigger I swear

Close, that's my middle name

Be honest, are you from a white family, some sort of shitskin, or a halfbreed mongrel? Just curious given the situation.

Well at least I don't owe you any birthday presents.

100% white, swear on me mum

I believe him, if he was lying he would be swearing on his dead

i cant be the only one whose dad plays spider solitaire and only spider solitaire

Dad raised me on Ace Combat, Soul Blade, and Twisted metal and the such. Grandma played on her Genesis a lot. She would frequently play games like Steel Empire, Super Hang-on, Shinobi, Monopoly, Zombies ate my Neighbors,and Columns. My family is full of people with great taste. My brother's favorite game is Lunar Silver Star Story Too bad my brother is more of a cuck than Anthony Burch
How many anons can say that their grandmother tried to get people to play Streets of Rage with her? She would play on her Genesis every day until she died in 2008.

My mom had a Mega Drive. She likes Sonic, Street Fighter II and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.

Dad
Mom
Sister

Dad : Starcraft, Ace Combat 2, Minecraft

Mom : Animal Crossing, Minecraft

I'm the only one socially maladjusted enough out of my entirecfamily to play vidya outside of wii sports or something like that, except for maybe a couple of cousins one of whom being a low tier weeb in South America

Take a fucking guess.

Dad: vid related
Mom: GTA: SA, [email protected]/* */, Kirby.
Grandparents on Mother's side: Scuttlebug Jamboree tier SM64 pros also played that pod racing game and some wild west game on PC - you could play as calamity jane, wyatt earp and I think some bad guys like Billy the Kidd. I really want to know what game it was now because it was super fun. I think the overall goal was to build a railroad.

My parents didn't even own a cellphone because they weren't a thing back then. So tetris or maybe chess, you millennial baitshit.

Dad used to be based, he played AeroWings 2 and SEGA GT on dreamcast. Later Secret Weapons over normandy, C&C Generals and old NFS games like Underground 2 and Most Wanted on PC.
But then he found Fallout New Vegas and stuck in it. Later he waited for Fallout 4, and now stuck in fallout 4.
What's worse, he mostly building settlements and constantly plays on god mode, and cheats all materials.

He lost control over his life completely since then.

My mother, for whatever reason, can't seem to control anything in vidya. Even in a platformer she just goes in the opposite direction and forgets to jump.

My father only plays games on consoles and mostly plays Fifa (where he buys every single one that comes out brand new) and a few other sports games (Like basketball and baseball games)

So casual it hurts

My father played Carmageddon, Doom123, Quake1234, a bunch of the first NFS games and a large selection of RTS games, and played Wolfenstein 3D/Return to Castle.
Bretty gud.

My mother can't play video games at all. I tried as a youngster to get her to ply them, but she never got into them.

I still love both of them.

Mom plays shitty mobile games. Dad doesn't play anymore, but he either had good taste or luck since he played SOCOM and Ace Combat 4 a lot,

Dad - Missile Command
Mom - Monopoly

I guess I'm supposed to have a 13 year old kid now or sumthin?

My mother likes Pokemon, and my father used to like Double Dragon and Wonder Boy before he went insane.

My aunt plays Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and Diablo 2 all the fucking time.

Dad's games. He only plays LotR2 now, loved it when we played RCT as a family

My dad once stayed up all night playing Pac-man on an Atari 2400 but its the only time he has ever played a video game.

My dad never got bored of Empire Earth for some reason. He's been playing it since it came out.

Mom's games. She modded the fuck out of the Sims to the point where we called it 'crash and load'. Her favorite part of Vice City was popping people's heads off with the sniper

Honorable mention: best friend's dad plays this still. Apparently if you leave the game running long enough the AI will start going for some insane builds you never see in a regular match

Holy shit do we have the same Dad? When he bought LotR on GoG he played it every night for like two months.
He lost his disk copy years ago

Possibly, did he have a copy of Mule as a kid?

No he didn't, I was just fooling around, mate

thats interesting. are there any videos to demonstrate this?

My dad played Doom, Quake, Half-life and pretty much every combat flight simulator on DOS.

My mom likes Zelda, Fire Emblem, Mario, and games like them, and my dad liked FPSs, stealth games, and flight sims. I really wish he could have had the chance to play Deus Ex before he died, he would have loved that game.

My dad used to have good taste. Keyword, "used to".

Back when I was younger he got shit like Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, Eternal Darkness, Baldur's Gate, and some other good shit on the family GameCube. He also played through Wind Waker, Pokemon Colosseum, and a few other things. He played a lot of Warcraft 3 and Diablo II on his computer too.

Now all he plays are phone games and occasionally Lord of the Rings Online.

When I was a kid, my father played NBA JAM on genesis with me exactly once. He doesn't care about video games. My mother is a giant pleb who plays virtual slots, candy crush, and whatever flavor of the month shit pops up on her facebook.

This is my dads favourite game, plays a turn every day as he plays these long campaigns with a friend.

None played video games.

My dad bought me Dig Dug, in 2002-2004, I think. It's like buying your kid an NES game for Christmas in 2016. I was an idiotic narcissistic teen at that time and… just didn't appreciate it. God, I feel like an awful stupid idiot thinking about it now. It's too bad I only developed empathy when I'm an adult with a job.

My mum was a hardcore old school gamer that her parents literally broke off her MSX but then she assembled the broken MSX by herself and played it secretly.
She said she didn't even go to the college to play Zanac. Spent 16 hours out of the day 24/7 for over 2 month.
She quit vidya after birth me. Too bad, she could have even more hardcore by now.

Mom really likes Famicom games. We had a few Chinese bootleg Famicoms and mom would love playing on it. All of them broke down though and she doesn't like emulation so she's been playing those ball games and find the object games on Facebook. Also a lot of card games which she's good at. If she got a Famicom again she'd probably play the shit out of things like Adventure Island 1 and 3, Circus Charlie, Tetris, Flintstones 1 and 2 and so on. We have a bunch of Chinese cartridges and even some original famicom ones.

Dad used to be in the military a long time ago Communist kind. But he's never really liked video games. He just plays Farmville 2 these days. He seems more interested in different movies really.

They've been playing Rift for years. I briefly played it with them, but if I'm going to play a wow clone I might as well just play wow. I think they have their own guild and raid a few times a week.
sometimes I hear them argue when my mum repeatedly fucks up.

Mom's been playing the Civilization games since the original, loved Golden Axe on my dad's Genesis. No mobile or Facebook shit.

My dad tends to play whatever I buy, even the light weebshit like Valkyria Chronicles. Hasn't played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. yet, not sure if he can do FPS with a keyboard and mouse. He's been playing vidya long before I was born.

So, mom's not bad, and dad's more patrician than I am. Feels good man.

Worked out in the end.
Afterwards he introduced me to Duke 3D and Wolfenstein.
Nowadays he tries out a new shooter every now and then but mostly just hates them. All he wants is simple action.

Mom used to play a lot of Lemmings and Sims back in the day.
Nowadays it's more stuff like Candy Crush though.

Both of my parents don't really give a shit about video games. Mom used to play a breakout clone back in the day. Now she just watches movies and tv shows while dad watches some documentaries on tv.

Don't put someone in this world, it's the worst thing you can do to a human bean

One of my dad's favourite games is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, so he's cool by me.

These are the only games my parents like.

My mom is gonna be 70, i once try to show her this simple game on the dreamcast when i was more younger, i feel like i was teaching a homo sapiens how to use a god dam smartphone, just freaking imposible.

I never could play vidya whit her, neither she dosent understand anything and/or she dosent care about it.

you are a homo sapiens

My dad only plays basketball games and my mom is looking into buying a pinball machine because she doesn't want to drive to an arcade to play them.

great times ahead for mankind

Some advice for your mom; buy new for the love of god. Ive had 3 used machines come and go, and ive sunk nearly two thousand dollars in constantly replacing shit.

Finally i said fuck it and sold them to a couple of retarded hipsters and bought a brand new one. 4 years later ive not had to spend another dime on it.

Dad (mum doesn't play vidya):
Pretty good I'd say.

Oh and Dungeon Keeper, Theme Hospital and various Civilisation games.

My mother never liked vidya.

My father played

Good times with him.

Having a nigger for a father doesn't make you destined to be a nigger.

This one gets it.

My parents are 60 years old, my dad has never played a video game except for a autism simulator that he doesn't remember the name of

Patrician

This physically hurts. I'm sorry for you.

Absolutely pleb

reminds me of when my mother caught me playing san andreas

The only game my dad ever played

My mom likes platformers and fighting games. My dad plays them casually with us but isn't really into them.

Oh right, my grandma loved Wii Sports and Tony Hawk's ProSkater 3.

We had Sega consoles, so my dad would play stuff sporadically on there + a few RTS' (Total Annihilation, Starcraft, C&C)

My mom used to play Spyro and SSX3, but also now plays mobileshit

My stepdad plays games sporadically now (if he plays them at all) because he spent decades in gamedev. He used to play RTS' and shooters (and had "fuckvalve" steam ID when he found out about HL2's DRM requirements). He had physical copies of Thief II and Fallout laying around at one point but we couldn't get them working. He also has a boxed copy of Total Annihilation

My grandmother plays hidden object games, but was the one who introduced me to Worms, The Incredible Machine and The Lost Vikings

I don't have any videos but I asked my friend for details and this is what he said:

"Typically they will go for ling/muta if zerg it will start to micro it's heart out and select indivigual mutas and run them back. Corsair/dt/goon if toss, and Mass marine into marine tank if Terran. One time I saw it do some really bonkers shit tho and just drop about 8 medics onto cannons while using only defensive matrixed goliaths to attack at a different spot barely enough to kill one cannon while losing 8 medics and a dropship to"distract????"

sad!

The only games I'm aware my father played. He finished the human campaign in warcraft ii when I was younger. I think he might've also enjoyed Forza on the ps3.

My dad fucking loves tomb raider
He still swears that there as a nude cheat code, and I have vague memories of at the very least playing it and finding our he had a nude mod installed or something.
I actually tried looking into it to see if there was ever a mod for the game that added in a nude skin that is activated by a cheat code but I couldn't find one and in this day and age why bother.
I was also introduced to Doom and Wolfenstein 3D via my dad who got them from someone else.

My family at one point in time let an African immigrant med student move in with us and he was able to play Super Mario on the NES with his eyes closed. Shit was rad as fuck.

My mom has never even tried a single game, ever. Dad played Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers with me but he never got past the first boss.

Basically the same for me, too. Dad played a lot of Doom, NES and Genesis, but somewhat lost interest in the hobby years ago. Now he sticks to flight sims and occasionally plays sandbox games with a trainer. Mom can't even figure out Tetris.

Pong and Centipede
Donkey Kong and lightgun games

Early Medal of Honor games, the older Deer Hunter games, and the Red Baron games for my dad. My mom doesn't play vidya.

My dad liked playing RTCW online. Occasionally with hacks. Always with the nickname FagBuster, and always going for the black models first.
It was nice having Holla Forums as a father.

Besides myself, my parents were two of the few people I knew who could play through Contra without losing a life.

I miss my dad.

My father didn't grow up consuming video games, so he doesn't have ANY tastes, much less good tastes. Only in the last couple years, sometimes he plays popular mobile games or those "brain games" for old farts on his tablet.

My mother grew up on the second generation (and once upon a time was a pro at Space Invaders), but she's generally lost on anything more complex than Super Mario Bros.. Back when I was a teenager, she sometimes picked up my PSX and played Spyro, but she wasn't that good. Nowadays, she mainlines variations of "matching" games like Bejeweled on her ancient computer, just to pass the time.

Really, my own taste for video games came from my older cousins introducing me to them in the SNES and N64 era, and my love for building toys as a child. My parents didn't figure into it at all, like with basically everything in my life.

My mom and I used to play Spyro when I was real young. Near 100% it. She would play Crash Bandicoot and stuff like that, too. Nowadays she doesn't really do anything but browse facebook. She always feels bored and empty, but refuses to try to get any hobbies.

My dad used to play this one flight game on his laptop like 13 years ago, but that was about it. He's the kind of person who enjoys having things more than he enjoys using them.

My dad literally does not know how to turn on a computer and becomes visibly agitated if he has to touch any electronic device that isn't a TV remote. Actually even TV remotes agitate him if they're unfamiliar. Nobody else in my entire family, neither immediate nor extended, plays video games at all either.

My parents were adults with more important things to do than play video games, plus, they're both tech retarded.

This is how I know you are all underage

The only two games my dad has interest in playing.

patrician

my gf used to quote big bang, it rustled my jimmies

They played Mario Party, Mario Kart and Galaga with me as a kid, that's it. Dad's been saying he'd like to give video games a more serious try for over a decade now, never actually does it so I assume it's just a talking point he uses.

My father is in hos 60's and likes to play turn based strategy games and JRPG's, he was a proto-weeb.

Dad is almost 70, he plays 3 different pinball and various card games on an XP

My mom really liked Pikmin.

From this, to uttering "video game" and "playstation" as if it were all the names of Satan in one.
Well fuck you too.

My mother mostly plays MMOs, thing she started doing with RO over a decade ago. And actually got me into the game, which is like my gold standard for the genre nowadays.
We also played a bunch together across various consoles since I was little, going like famicom, then Sega Genesis, then PS1, and later I just moved to pc.

My parents don't play videogames. Not even cell phone games like Bejeweled or whatever.
The most my mom does is sodoku on her cell and my dad likes to solve jigsaw puzzles on the computer.

She's an alright casual.

My parents don't really play video games anymore, but they used to be really into Heroes of Might and Magic 2-5, and Might and Magic 6 and 9. I don't think they ever beat 6 because our copy was bugged so you couldn't get past the control center.

Some good times were had. I might try to get my dad back into RTS games eventually, maybe try to get him to play online with me when I live farther away.

Holy fuck, my condolences.

My dad quit playing video games when he played DK 64 and realized "why the fuck am I playing this". He's probably right in doing so, DK 64 was a mistake. My mom fucking loved Pokemon Snap and would probably have played Splatoon if she didn't have MS, given how much she liked watching my brother play it.

My mother swore off of games. She had a hard time playing Sonic and she gave up after seeing her mother effortlessly blow through the game over and over. I wish I got to see her GO FAST but she was too old by the time I was around, though when she passed I got her laptop and that's when I first played Myst and Riven.

Father used to play Port Royale, Patrician 3 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein, now he mostly plays a modded version of that PotC game and pirated cods.

Mother used to play The Longest Journey and the like, now she plays crap on her smartphone.

Is this going to get even worse?

Solitaire. My mom doesn't play games.

I'm actually impressed that "gamer" families even exist.

In the future, Holla Forums will only allow anons from a long line of gamer families

Both are too old for playing anything involving a screen and buttons. They are computer illiterate too.

My parents met playing text based MUDs.
15 years later they were the posterchildren for MMO addiction.
15 more years later they got divorced.

Pretty fucking pleb.

They still enjoy the Daily Show with Trevor Noah.

My dad likes this 20+ year old 16bit falling block game "Boxes II"

My mom likes Prof. Layton.

Reminder that if your parents play/played videogames at all you are filthy millennial.

1/4th of the world population is millenials, user. People well in their 30s are millenials. You'e probably a millenial and if you're not you're most likely one of the few gen-X-fags on this website, gramps.
It's a pretty useless term.

Dad used to beat me for playing too many videogames but he still got me a hacked xbox with like a hundred games on it. Nowadays he has another family and when I do visit him I see he and my new half sister plays mostly mobile stuff. Super mario run and pokemon go.
I did let my little sister play with my 3ds With pokemon sun in it and she asked if it was a mobile phone.

My mom doesn't play videogames, at all. Never has and probably never will but she doesn't mind me playing them at all.

My dad was the one that bought us an N64 (despite my accurate protestations that it would worsen my academic performance) and introduced me to Starcraft/Doom/Quake/Wolfenstein 3D. Now he just plays smartphone freeware.

Mario Kart 64 is the only game he can play, with everything else he flicks the control stick instead of resting his thumb on it and if I try to correct him he gets frustrated and storms off. It's like teaching someone to keep their hands on the wheel of a car and they insist smacking it around is better. Frustrating as hell.

I tried getting my mother to play Banjo-Kazooie once and navigating around Mumbo's Mountain was way too nerve-wracking for her.

I'd like to pre-emptively suggest any generationfags here to kill themselves, if it wasn't for the older generations making these consoles and children these stories wouldn't exist. When real life sucks making the choice to live in video games seems only natural.

It's only a millenial term if you make it useless by broadening it to retarded levels

useless*kek

Dad hasn't played games in years, but he loved playing Doom when it came out.

Solitair and that fucking puzzle game you see remade the hell out of in which you shoot colored balls to matching colored balls.
Mom never played vidya.

Speaking of family,the only game I remember my brother ever completing on his own were Zelda and Asscreed 1 & 2 and Infamous,we played a lot of Pokemans during the GBA gen with one GBA, through him I learned about cloning pokemon and the Regis, and played a lot of Brawl with that Bleach game made by Treasure for the Wii..After he got finished with those he doesn't play vidya besides Tetris or watch anything besides films and instead he just looks at the fucking wikiss about shows rather than watching it or reading it.The only exception I remember was fucking Necrosis Pad.

/blogpost.

legit copy?

That'd be worth a few bob now if he wanted to resell that if it's a pc98 copy I'd wager.

If you are not Gen X and you remember what the world was like before 9/11, you are a Millennial. If you don't remember what the world was like after 9/11, you are Gen Z.

You say that like it means something negative.

Minor correction. The point is that anyone born in 2000+ is not a Millennial.

What if you're working class? Every description of millennials I hear from older folks, it seems like millennial refers specifically to middle class college students, not the entirety of Gen Y.