Tfw you don't remember any reason Holla Forums Hated Portal beyond it being popular with normalfags and hipsters

Tfw you don't remember any reason Holla Forums Hated Portal beyond it being popular with normalfags and hipsters

Does anyone have an actual problem with the puzzle game itself?

Other urls found in this thread:

tcrf.net/Portal_2/Unused_Lines
archive.fo/LUj93
thefinalhoursofportal2.com/
moddb.com/mods/missing-information
combineoverwiki.net/wiki/Half-Life_2_original_storyline
youtu.be/JdOOBoCAlgs
archive.org/details/HalfLifeAlpha
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"Puzzle game" he calls it.

Portal is proof you can make any nigger jump through hoops if you make their niggerlicious brains chuckle.

I like it.

The replay value I suppose but 2 on PC had the community created maps

All efforts put into Portal 2 could have gone into Episode 3.

Contrarian hipster: the post.

It's fucking shit. You can play kick the can, You can play jump through hoops. They're shit games.

I'd rather play shoot the OP nigger in the face so he can suck dick in hell. That would hold my attention.

user its [CURRENT YEAR] you cannot possibly still think another Half Life game will ever release.

Right?

This b8 is one away from "its just pressing buttons on a keyboard/controller", the b8 shop should be giving refunds for this.

Portal is jewish fucking poison played by retards I would kill if I had the opportunity.

Sure, I'll help you remember

Portal is a neat little imaginative game
Portal 2 is overstretched and should have never happened.

Not with Portal, not as a cheap little tech demo, but the game you posted is shit and not Portal

we get it you're a dumb nigger

Woah now, nobody is suggesting buying games full price here friend. Think where you are.

I hate any "game" that (((costs))) (((money))).

When god closes a door he opens a window. There's always an opportunity.

never stated that you should buy it.However charging that price to normalfags is still something you shouldn't support.

It's piss easy.

What's wrong, OP? You upset that everyone saw through your thinly veiled opinions thread?

I have a fond memory of just beating it in a single sitting. It's near perfect in its pacing and length and I really appreciate that. It didn't go far enough with the difficulty, but I can understand why.
What I do hate is the credits theme and "THE CAKE IS A LIE xD" because they made all discussion for the game revolve around this minor bullshit that wasn't responsible for its quality.

This game was literally given away for free by Valve for quite a while, not a free weekend but a permanent copy.

Did you not buy The Orange Box?

Good thing I'm not talking about current year but back when Portal 2 was released, then.

1 is fine, short. 2 is in a constant cycle of tutorials and shitty puzzles.

half life is shit

Portal really didn't need a sequel, it was pretty self-contained.

I wouldn't have minded a well made, expanded sequel that properly utilized its mechanics in creative ways. Portal 2 never combined more than two elements at once, and the abuse of black space really hurt the game.

Normalfags took a neat idea and beat everyone over the head with a two lined joke. The worst part is that Volov encouraged the bullshit instead of moving on to the next thing. Portal was the beginning of the end of valve.

Holla Forums isn't one person

I enjoyed both Portal games very much. The first one was better because it was novelty, it had more puzzles and had the cool ass twist (who here immediately knew they had to escape and not burn alive?).

Portal 2 was fun to play through, but it wasn't as interesting as the first one.

Yes.

And they threw subtlety out the window because the original game got popular with normalfags due to memes.

Different kinds of puzzles, but Portal puzzles were generally easier. The limitations in Portal 2 forced you to use the other elements Valve added to the game to solve the puzzles instead of just "lel port to the end". You can skip many puzzles in the first game by just being a little clever with the portals. That's fun too, but it's almost like cheating and not solving the puzzle.

He's talking about Portal 2

Portal 1 was great.
Portal 2 was good, could have been great but was bogged down by "fan" service. Arguably the better game due to user maps being a thing

t. (((normalfag)))

I fucking love Portal 2, not to the point where I spout memes and shit but I was really hyped when they announced it, got it, enjoyed it because it added a lot to the lore and the gameplay was somewhat not the same. The game itself isn't obnoxious or anything, it's these cunt gamer girls who did this.
The game have some comfy as fuck moments in these abandoned office. It managed to put a real atmosphere. Also the coop is as long and even more challenging than the solo, so for me this game this really great.

The game takes place within a parody of a company which happens to be totally crazy in every aspects imaginable, of course some things need to be exaggerated.

B-But muh based lemon explosion!

I think Portal 2 would have been better if there was any single player content. The whole thing is just tutorials for different kinds of goo and you can't start the actual game until you play the co-op missions. Even the behind the scenes and evil wheetly missions were pathetically easy, like tutorials on how different mechanics interact.

I don't like it because it's a physics puzzle game. Physics puzzles are janky and I don't find them satisfying.

It was alright but in a way it felt as unnecessary as Tetris 2. Portal 1 was a cleaver little tech demo that got very popular and Portal 2 felt just like a cash grab. The only real problem I have with it though is this

Reminder.

They only put that in in the second game though.

That's true, we never got to go deep in with the different puzzle elements, I guess they were relying on the community to make maps.

Oh shit, I'm retarded. Fuck Portal 2.

Eh, Portal was pretty enjoyable. Portal 2 expanded on a lot of what 1 did, while adding new shit. So by that account Portal 2 was a good sequel. If Portal 1 had the user-made maps and shit 2 does, it would be the infinitely-better game; or if 2 just removed all it's fan-service. Regardless, the co-op for Portal 2 was pretty damned fun with a buddy.

The normalfag fanbase really kills these games for me though. The whole memeing of
"the cake is a lie XD" was always just pure cancer and is more or less a bazinga of its own. I hate "geek" vendors/merchandisers & normalfags for making it that way; once again they managed to ruin fun.

The second game, maybe, but I don't hear anybody complain about the first one.
I also want to stick my penis in GLaDOS

The first one still shows you that they gave the control of the company to a robot so badly conceived that it killed everyone the second it was booted, while the rest of the space is used to test people in lethal environments

It still had a different vibe. Every test chamber had a booth with frosted glass that blurred them to the player but it was still possible to see that every single booth was deserted. And then the only voice you hear is a robot speaking to you.

It's definitely a creepy vibe, compared to the wacky vibe of the second game.

How can you even stick your penis in there?

Portal 1 is good
Portal 2 took the story in a bit of a weird route, but it's still good.
GlaDOS had better lines in 1 than 2. The original GlaDOS had a very dry, logical way of insulting the player, while in 2 she's a grumpy bitch with a robot noise filter. Apparently 2 is missing loads of really nasty lines because the playtesters got triggered.
If you liked those games get Deadcore or Magrunner. They're similar puzzle games, with a speedrunning and magnetic gimmick respectively. Go into Magrunner blind. Just do it

YOU RAM IT INTO HER INPUTS

Deadcore is fucking Satan difficulty once you've reached the rainy areas

Fun fact, the "playtesters" who were girls who play games let their children play it only for them to get upset that glados berated them too hard and Valve used that as enough of a reason to lower the difficulty of the game and remove certain lines. To be fair, any 5 year old would cry due to frustration by not figuring out a puzzle BECAUSE HE'S FUCKING FIVE and a glados bullying them.

Do you have the lines or an article that says what your saying?

L4d2 had this maze which playtesters had difficulty navigating through so they shortened it and made it simpler.

Hl2 had this cave system which was supposed to be like a maze and playtesters couldn't figure out how to exit it and got lost. one playtester was stuck on the level for over 1 hour. They shortened the tunnel and made it simpler.

where the fuck does valve get these goddamn playtesters from?

That's not crazy, just unethical.

Not on me. It was a site that talked about the early development on portal 2 but it looks like they scrubbed that shit from the net simiarly to the blog the one ex-Bioware employee that talked about seeing the writing on the wall when the new blood was coming in and the old blood was being squeezed out with only him and a handful of guys left to teach the new people the tech they were using.

someone post the webm with the girl playing horribly.

Half-life 2 got entire games worth of content cut from it, don't think about it, it's depressing.

stephen merchant was irritating to listen to throughout the entire game

it was in EP:2

but you are right, All the cut content was actually way more interesting than the shit that was kept in the game.

probably played like garbage tho

Because its a good game and v/v is retarded

Portal 1 was great. Nice and short, somewhat challenging later on. Nice mods and map packs for it, too.

Portal 2 was a piece of shit with a lot of potential. The gels were cool, the gravity funnels made for some nice puzzles, and the visuals were pretty neat.
But it was so damn slow. So damn easy. Complete waste of my time.

Some cut lines:
tcrf.net/Portal_2/Unused_Lines

Someone still was outraged over the orphan insults after the game came out because foster parents let their adopted child play the game:
archive.fo/LUj93

i only played portal 2, never the original game :^)

Portal 1 is a great example of an elegantly designed game and 2 would be as well if it had been shortened quite a bit.

You sure it wasn't from the Gospel of Dorito Pope?
thefinalhoursofportal2.com/

there was a mech and way more guns.

thats hl1 and that's a tech demo you dunce.

That's Valve's Goldsrc engine demonstration, not half life in any way.

wow cant you see they should have just shipped the game like this all that cut content tho ;_; it was so good wow…

moddb.com/mods/missing-information

They were working on it before source 2 retard.

you posted a picture of a goldsrc tech demo trying to pass it off as a mech in hl2 you fucking idiot

Faggot, we were talking about Half-Life 2, not Goldsrc demos.

Portal was fine apart from the last few test chambers being more reliant on perfect timing than actual logic. You could know exactly what to do to finish it but still take 10-20 tries to get shit down perfectly. I'm all for games that push you to perfect your movement and shit but that wasn't a good fit for portal and I know at least two other people who gave up there and missed out on the better bits towards the end.

That's HL2 beta.
combineoverwiki.net/wiki/Half-Life_2_original_storyline

Portal 1 was good. It was a neat little puzzle game with good black humor before the internet drove it into the ground good puzzle design, and a good amount of mystery behind it that made it fairly atmospheric. Then Portal 2 happened, added a bunch of really necessary new characters, dumbed down the puzzle design had humor that relied more on ridiculousness and general wackiness rather than the juxtaposition of the seemingly mundane against a very dark and very dangerous situation, and was a non-stop barrage of information that killed any organic mystery and only left shit for Game Theory-tier autists to wonder about.

don't you see? They just cut content because they hate us so much. So, so so much…why valve, why have you betrayed us?

thats because its fucking cut content from hl2, meaning it didn't make it into hlf2.

it was never intended for hl2 it was literally a tech demo to show what goldsrc was capable of from before hl1 even shipped.

Yes, that's exactly why they cut it. They scrapped the entire thing after HL2 beta was leaked.

Dude that's cut content from HL1 alpha, someone found the CD it was on a few years ago the mech is at 2:30.

The goldsrc mech is a demonstration of high poly count, it is in no way related to half-life.

they scrapped it because they had to ship a fucking game and removed all the shit they couldn't fit in reasonably before the deadline and have the game still make sense and work reasonably. It's kind of a miracle the game even turned out as well as it did.

Your post makes no sense.

didn't they scrap most of it because some russian hacked into the servers.

Oh I remember seeing a video about that.
youtu.be/JdOOBoCAlgs

That's where the leak came from.

They had nothing besides the beta files, they remade Half-Life 2 after the leak.

he was german iirc. They restructured the project after the leak.

a lot of it was kept, a lot of redesigns happened to keep the game flowing smoothly. The final game is pretty much 80% fixed, finalized, polished content from the beta.

Holy shit, this looks a lot scarier than most modern games.

it's kinda novel seeing so many areas that were reused in the final game. The thing the hl1 alpha lacks most is a sense of place.

I liked the first one but the second was not puzzling at all. Every fucking tile was portal-proof except the ones you needed to solve the room. It was retarded.

No it isn't, they cut Borealis, the wastes, re-imagined City 17, re-imagined the Citadel, cut away all the Combine enemies to use the same model with different skins, bunch of weapons were cut, and more.

The development history of HL2 is well documented online, why are you trying to tell lies on the internet?

you do know most of that content was unfinished and shit, right

The only thing I really don't mind them getting rid of was the Man Hack VR thing. Sounds pointless, cliche and overly complicated for a single chapter of the game.

Portal 1: too short
Portal 2: still too short, and also too easy

Great joke user

you dont understand what your talking about.

*you're

What the fuck are you talking about? They have cut most what they got.

That's literally the only reason.
Source: i was around when the game first released.

Other games Holla Forums didn't hate back when they first released:

-U N D E R T A L E (entire demo and initial release period was the honeymoon)
-The first Five Nights At Freddy's (initial discussion about potential pre-rendered point-and-click fully fledged adventure games in the same style by the creator)
-TF2 (it's absolute peak being the vanilla period but it lasted trough the first "major" updates, it didn't immediately die down with the first hat updates, contrary to what record correcting faggots would like you to believe)
-Dragon Age Origins (recently this is experiencing a comeback, it's being recommended again in some threads)
-Binding of Isaac (it's not fully hated yet but it's in the process of being hated soon, occasional threads about it get saged more and more by contrarians)
-Portal 2 (we all played it co-op for some time)
-Infamous (the first game started cross-board discussion and collaboration between Holla Forums and Holla Forums about the future of original superhero games)

There's more, but i'm pretty tired and i'm gonna go to sleep.
It's worth noting that some of these games were liked by the previous iteration of Holla Forums, most of those posters aren't around anymore, so reverting back to that state isn't possible, you'll have to wait till the current userbase dies/gives up and the next fresh batch takes over.
Holla Forums works in cycles.

Half life is the most boring and stale FPS games I've ever played and I hate the FPS genre stop overrating it also portal was shit but its still some what okay

Still like but what discussion is still left? And when will tumblr die?

Most of them are even not that hated.

t.contrarian.
If I ever get a next iteration, I will take it over and develop the software around everything that went wrong.

Infamous 2 didn't end discussion of Infamous on Holla Forums.
A lot of people on Holla Forums still liked it.
I didn't, personally, it wasn't terrible overall but i didn't like too many elements about the game to still enjoy the series, but objectively speaking Infamous 2 release period to mid-post release period didn't kill the discussion on Holla Forums, it was still being discussed quite normally.
I'd say it died down and became hated around the late-post release period.

By the way, specifically for Holla Forums Holla Forums the OPPOSITE RULE works on some games.
There's certain games here that the board initially hates, but then likes.
The reason why that happens is 9 times out of 10 personal shitposting/bitterness agenda against a specifica company or platform, it happens a bit with nintendo titles but IMMENSELY with sony titles.
Some of the examples i've seen:

-Bloodborne (shitposted to hell and back upon release all the way to mid-post release period to the point where it's discussion was impossible, to our current situation where it's appreciated and praised, but it's threads are still occasionally shitposted here and there and OPs must use basic diversion tactics to mislead dedicated shitposters)
-Gravity Rush (Still on a 50-50 situation, either good threads, or shitposted by people with an agenda)
-Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (strongly shitposted initially by mustards, it has since settled down and employing basic diversion tactics such as making the thread a general Vanillaware thread works at keeping them at bay)

I got portal when it was free so that may affect my outlook on the game.
I went in expecting it to be full of 'le whacky memes' and shit like that and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was just a glorified tech demo / puzzler with a fairly decent story that somewhat tied into HL2. I didn't even think there was going to be a final boss so I was massively surprised when you actually fought the robot instead of going through a metroid-esque "time bomb set: escape immediately" style endgame sequence.

I played portal 2 on a friend's PC and was really impressed with the scale of the intro sequence and some of the larger rooms with the bridges mostly because my PC was a toaster - you probably could have gone into the library from DaS and broken all the barrels and it would've had the same WOW factor but the story was shit(lol the robit from the first game was really just a bunch of cores that hate you now for some reason - but even when the robit doesn't have its cores it's active and basically the same as the first game. wtf m8s) and the gameplay was just more of the same but made easier to pander to all the hipsters and fruitcakes that liked the first game.

Was barely tolerated - even the demo kind of smelled funny. By the time the game was out and everyone's suspicions about it being a homosuck game were confirmed it was too late and there were already fags here circlejerking about it and dumping furry porm
Original FNaF was a decent mobage and is still the only western mobage that I enjoy
You're 100% right on this one
Nobody liked this because buying it meant supporting SJWs. It is a decent game that should be pirated.
It was good until the creator fagged out and started with the lelelelleelel 2deep xDD shit
Portal 2 was only ever good for co-op.
pick both

testing for undertale filter?

Infamous 2 is excellent and I've never seen anyone other than you faggots say it's bad. 1 isn't nearly as fun and forces you into shitty cover shooter pseudo-Gears of War fights whereas you forgot that cover is even a mechanic in 2 and have much more interesting and fun powers and movement. 1 probably has a better world and characters, since the ice/fire girls and that militia in 2 are shit but 2 still has the interactions between Zeke and Cole and also has some pretty great missions. Side missions are better too, since you actually get some that are kind of interesting whereas there are way more generic ones in 1.

Second Son is pretty damn awful, though. Power changing is limiting and boring, going back to strictly upgrading your powers is boring, the dashes make movement braindead and Smoke a pain in the ass to use, there's nothing to look for in the world anymore since all the blast shard locations are given to you easily, the side missions are complete garbage, the characters are shit and unlike 2 there's no redeeming character or moments.

Brb, considering suicide.

oh no, you mentioned it, now we're gonna have to bumplock the thread
t.lime
:^)

Good game. Ruined by its own popularity but whose fault is that? I usually stay away from mainstream gaming to avoid such things.

Undertale discussion before release was mostly goatfucker general.
Never bothered with freddie threads.
There are a lot of people still defending TF2 classic here.
BoI is ok but has too much boring early game grind without challenge.
Infamous was always mediocre compared to The Incredible Hulk, just like Prototype and people were pointing that out on halfchan already.

Most of the criticism comes from some gimmicky gameplay, which is stupid because it adds more content to the game, and the dialogue, that some pretentious faggots found to not be funny.

Trying too hard to fit.

Pretty sure your problem is that you buy games in the first place.

This is a legit complain.

it was a game that ended just as soon as the tutorial was over.
The gold standard for any proper puzzle game is to smoothly scale the difficulty until and past the breaking point of the majority of people who enjoy it.

Smells like samefaggotry to me.

Great game with good, physics-based gameplay. The story was just a robot being funny in the background instead of intruding into the gameplay, which was puzzle-based goodness. Although I agree 60 dollars is outrageous for such little gameply, nowadays it's about 10 bucks on steam, which is well worth it. Portal 2 is more "cinematic" but still has good gameplay in-between.

Do they really do that? is it poopy joe deterrent?

Insert your dongle

Portal was liked until normalfags overdid the joke. Portal 2 was disliked for being too easy. There were no more skill based puzzles, and the threat of death was mostly removed. It replaced difficulty with memes.

Cave Johnson was good though.

I scoff in your general direction, you plebian.

The only complaint I ever hear about DA:O is that it's just another generic Bioware game.

Those are my two main issues with it. Aside from that, it's a fine puzzle game, normalfags aside.

Sounds like it'd start with a veeeery long exposition cutscene. No thanks.

Don't try so hard to fit in.

The first game was a solid game but without the 10/10 gameplay the whole thing falls apart and you can really tell what the creators believed. HM was just a happy coincidence while HM2 was the offical sign that the honeymoon was over.
Well, let's not kid ourselves. The honeymoon ended when they dragged their feet trying to stall the release of the editor. I wonder how that turned out. :^)

They use family and friends as playtesters.
It explains everything when you think about it. The devs are so fed up with dumbing their grand ideas down that they quit making games altogether.

there are actual reasons to dislike BoI though, afterbirth was a shitshow of a DLC

Portal 1 was good. Fun little game, and so long as you weren't a retard who picked it up at full price, golden.
Portal 2 was okay. Not great, but not bad. Main campaign was a dab dull, and the hardest puzzle I had was one that I had solved as soon as I washed into the room only to be slightly off on trajectory, making me assume I had to do it some other way.
The co op was pretty okay. Better humor, more challenging missions, and more rewarding overall with that sort of camaraderie you get from working together.
Only works once, though.

IIRC the hate was from the dev commentary that says how they dumbed it down for retards.

Nigger, the 2deep4u stuff was part of what made it good, the ebin maymays and "balance changes" are the only reason to dislike it.
Nah. Singleplayer was good, but was ridden with tumblr cancer because a lot of ti became a walking simulator when you went down into the bottom of aperature, and wheatley was the biggest tumblr magnet.

There's nothing wrong with Postal!

Porrtal was a fun hour and a half, but I don't see any reason to go back to it.

God, the memes were shit though.

Portal 2 was the same shit, but longer and more expensive, which is cool if you're into that I guess.

It was overhyped as fuck. You had the cool game mechanic of portals that should give you a lot of freedom and the game limits you to only one correct solution for each puzzle.

Have at it
archive.org/details/HalfLifeAlpha

Nigger who can't think with portals detected.

They wanted to connect the series with Half-Life I think, I remember Gabe talking about something like that

What a fucking mystery.

Stop with your racist jokes.

But If OP really believes that Holla Forums is almost like a single entity with one opinnion on everything wouldn't that mean OP is an assblasted contrarian himself since he feels the need to go against the concencus of the Holla Forums hivemind?

I thought it was good for what it was, but received praise far outweighing it.

+ Didn't outstay its welcome
+ Puzzles were fun and engaging
+ Controlled well

- Not a fan of the writing most of the time. Some of it was enjoyable, but forced meme companion cubes, cakes and credits are grating
- Bland looking

Optional negative: Fanbase, hype and feedback. Reminds me of how people treat BioShock as a Smart Game for Smart People™, when really it's just an ok puzzle game.

Back to Holla Forums you go.

I sort of agree and disagree. Limiting your options can indeed make it harder for the player, but a good part of the freedom to solve it in your own way is that you're not just trying to figure out what they developer intended, you're outsmarting the whole thing rather than running through the maze.

Now you mention it, this game was really popular with girls (to the extent that games get popular with girls) for some reason. May be why it got so much attention as it did.

Pretty much agree.

In fairness, mazes are among the fucking shittiest level designs in history. Short of overhead puzzles or games specifically about maze solving, there is no excuse for them anywhere.

I don't mind them, really. It gives you a twofold reward (feeling of accomplishment from solving the puzzle, feeling of accomplishment from executing the solution) but it does hugely increase the chance of frustration (I know the solution, but I cannot execute it). Fortunately you can remedy the problem by gitting gud.

Plebbit is that way >>>/plebbit/

So close. Let me help

Duke Nukem is purile trash
FF 10 2 is the best FF
Portal was funny before it got picked up by the mainstream but I don't pay attention to them so whatever

Just here to post some fast

Faggots, the lot of you. Portal 2 is actually a pretty damn clever puzzle game (far better than the first one which really only had the workings of a first person platformer) but as always it's down to the community to unlock that potential. You wouldn't play a multiplayer shooter and insist on only playing the maps made by the dev team themselves. Portal 2 is no different.

I don't have any friends so multiplayer bullshitery in games might as well not exist. The singleplayer component of Portal 2 was just as solid as the singleplayer component of Portal 1. People just hated it because

I'm not even talking about the co-op. A lot of the single-player community made maps bring so much of the game's hidden potential out.

I love both portal and portal 2, they're some of my favorite games.

I just got Portal 2 after playing through Portal. Portal was pretty fun, but quite short, and they really put a lot of effort into making EVERYTHING likeable and hateable at the same time.
The developer commentary was also superb, I wish more games had these nowadays.

this thread is shit

Nice to see you saged the– wait.

Portal was an interesting tech demo that should have been a mod and never sold as an actual game.
They never really did much with an interesting concept. They just made more elaborate versions of the same puzzle, and played with concepts like adding different surfaces which did nothing to enhance the portal concept.
I remember someone modding the portal gun into HL2 and it was actually kind of fun. being able to use portals as a weapon similar to the gravity gun. lets you engage the enemies in unexpected and interesting ways.
The problem was the mod never really worked. it was always glitchy and unstable. Portal 2 was a good opportunity to really turn a tech demo into a fun game, but instead we get "LOL THE CAKE IS STILL A LIE! IM A POTATO XD"

You finger your own butthole don't you?

Check 'em

user…

Too much white panels to me

they're too easy according to Holla Forums
Holla Forums has near genius level IQ, as you know

I think the problem is that it's still considered to be the 3D puzzle game and not a 3D puzzle game. For a time, I would think it was the genre-defining game, but a more recent title like The Talos Principle has better gameplay, story, level design, wit, art direction/graphics, and music, or all the things that people praise Portal for. The Talos Principle is accepted here as the proper next step in the evolution of 3D puzzle games and the new definition of the genre, but it is overlooked by the majority of 3D puzzle fans and developers for the more intellectually accessible precursor and its many bastard offspring like The Stanley Parable. Portal remains quite charming and unique in my eyes, but the high quantity of shit games, shit fans, and shit content that has manifested as a result of its existence has diluted what allure it did have for anons here.

I disliked it because it was short.
By the time I was getting comfortable with the mechanic of portals it ended which was unfortunate.
Portal 2 was expensive so I didn't play it.

Holla Forums hated all the normalfag meme spouting bullshit, not the game. I'm sure there's plenty of people who didn't like it for whatever reason, but I don't think there's generally been a negative consensus about the game itself. You're full of shit, OP.

Who's this Holla Forums guy?

Look mom I posted it again.

Look mom I posted it once again.

Le mom le look le I le posted le it le again.

Hey mom get the camera, I posted it again.

It's not a problem for me but as I said I know a few people who just got frustrated and gave up, mostly older people (40+) with shittier reactions/low tolerance for difficulty spikes.

Both Portal and Portal 2 are braindead easy. Ridiculously easy for puzzle games. I can only think of one time I was stuck during Portal 2, and that's only because the game breaks its own rules and lets you put portals on moving platforms for that part despite that being an in-universe no-no. I think there was one more time where I spent a few minutes looking for the single patch of portal-able wall.

The game looks decent and the voice-acting isn't bad, but the writing and humour is atrocious and the length is not worth the price tag they asked for the second. Even the co-op puzzles didn't last long, though longer than the single-player campaign. The only saving grace was the level editor that Valve puts out to cop-out on criticism, but there's fundamentally only so much you can do with the mechanics they allow you that while some have been challenging, the challenge mainly comes in trying to wonk around the god-awful platforming.

It lacked challenge tbh. The last few chambers were about right.

I got sick of it after a couple of levels. It's a game for retards, way too easy but it gives you a positive reinforcement each time you beat an easy level.

Nigger

It was a short, shallow tech demo with no replayability.

LOOK HES A NIGGER
back to 4cucks with you

The base game for both is too much "find the one single patch of white paint so you can actually have fun zooming around the room" for my liking.
I actually didn't finish Portal 2 because I got tired of doing that.

Portal was released with the Orange Box, and the whole thing was 50 dollars. You're trying too hard. Lurk more, you'll grow older eventually, and you'll realise playing video games in your mid-twenties isn't bragworthy anyway.

What's with the homosexual music? Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

i agree with you on everything, but you're wrong about DA:O. we had tons of great threads about it, especially since it really didn't have that much muh liberal politix in it. we didn't even have the term SJW at the time

He's talking about Portal 2.

Says the idiot who thinks Portal 2 was the first and only Portal game.

Never change Holla Forums, never change Holla Forums

Remind me of when Holla Forums shat on Quake 3 when the new Quake trailer came out..

Nothing wrong with portal.

It just happen to come out at the time mainstream was realizing the power of internet memes