Holla Forums cures cancer: Twitch

Why the fuck is it such cancer?

How does one repair the cancer that is twitch?

Is it possible to stream and do so decently?

Is it possible to not be cancer and still gain viewers?

CHALLENGE MODE: You are now able to apply three universal rules to every twitch streamer. The rules must universally make every single stream better. WARNING: You cannot prevent them from turning profit, as for most of them it is the main reason for streaming.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupperware#Cultural_and_historical_impact
twitch-tv-tips.blogspot.com/2016/05/ftc-disclosures-for-streamers.html
ftc.gov/system/files/documents/plain-language/bus41-dot-com-disclosures-information-about-online-advertising.pdf
quantcast.com/twitch.tv#trafficCard
youtube.com/watch?v=KVSY06AA9jI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no they bitch if you don't talk on mic and have shit to say 24/7

first define when is the stream decent ? when is it cancer?

How about after this we go take down anita!

Remove females

T H I S
H
I
S

1: no facecams
2: no self-advertising on stream (in the stream window itself, this is to prevent shitty layouts with twitter accounts and donation page links filling the damn stream, put that shit in the description below instead of being a faggot)
3: You have to actually play/discuss video games instead of purely talking about yourself

Of course Twitch is far too cancerous for people to actually do this shit, it's too easy to attract 12 year olds, people desperate for attention, and horny retards and scam them out of money that way.

what's the point of live streaming if you make it decent by removing the attentionwhoring aspect from it? Why not just post LP videos instead then?

I just don't understand how people still choose to use it. How is it the go-to service for streaming? It makes youtube look good. Youtube has more freedom of speech.

The global moderation on it is out of control. If someone else does something in your stream like a lulzy donation message, you WILL get banned. If you say "nigger" by accident, you WILL get banned. There's no freedom of speech at all on it. The moderators have severe assburgers.

I thought cuckchans mods where the bottom of the barrel, but twitch is worse. To be a mod on either, assburgers is a mandatory requirement.

Easiest way to fix Twitch is to automatically ban any user that broadcasts themselves or other people. No face cams, no reaction cams. Just videogames. Notice how 99% of cancer streams are all women whose faces take up a third of the screen. That needs to stop, they can go camwhore somewhere else.

That said, it'll never happen because these whores also get lots of "cheers" (Twitch's tipping service) which Twitch takes a cut from.

Release the site's code under a free software license, have someone else fix the damn thing.

Gets me every time

They only do anything if they are reported. Earlier tonight during a Hearthstone stream, people were spamming links to one of the participants nudes for quite a while until someone ratted them out and global mods stepped in. I've seen streams with the twitch bosses in chat where people were spamming all kids of racist shit without any consequences. The problem is the typical SJW fuckers who report everything and if they are told no, they got to Shitaku or Cock, Raper, Cumshot and whine about the horrible trolls.

At least they stuck up earlier this year when the sjw brigade wanted to ban the TriHard emote because it was being used for racist spams. It's still there.

1. You are no longer allowed to Stream Video Games.
2. You are not allowed to use a webcam of any type.
3. No self advertisement, or any links on your channel/profile.
There, I just crashed Twitch. But in all serious, don't like it don't use it. If they were not doing this shit on Twitch, they would do it more on YouTube and if that didn't work they would go to Hitbox. In all honesty, what pisses me off the most about Twitch is when faggot cancer streamers get a game two days early then any consumer for "advertisement/sponsoring" or whatever the fuck you call it. The last thing I watched on there was the game awards, and fuck, that shit was the toilet bowl of modern video games. It was hilarious and depressing at the same time.

Another crazy thing is how the chat of major streamers are always pure troll, yet anons will say that is the real cancer compared to the actual Streamer.

Nobody used Youtube because YT didn't have a streaming service until 2010 (which wasn't very good, and didn't allow videogames due to copyright until 2013). Twitch's successor, Justin.tv, was founded in 2006. As a result Justin/Twitch tv had a far larger userbase when smartphones went mainstream and normalfags got access to the Internet. Also Youtube, being a Google company, has to deal with their ad services and DMCA rules which tend to be inconsistently applied compared to Amazon's (who owns twitch).

No it does not, thanks to Youtube Heroes. Twitch is no angel but their mods are paid employees and chat mods do not have authority outside their individual chatrooms.

If it works, why fight it? Twitch realized they were losing huge amounts of (potential) money through Patreon, which is their biggest competitor much moreso than YT Gaming.

This is eventually going to be banned by the FTC. It's just like streamers taking money to promote games, but not disclosing it. It's a violation of the same consumer laws that were made to cover Tupperware and magazine direct marketing schemes.

It's the same thing with the CSGO gambling fiasco, which is now banned entirely since Valve lost their court fight.

You can't fix Twitch or any site like it. You give attention whores a platform to reach a lot of people and possibly make profit, this is what you get. Every time. But since it's so fucking vital for millennials to watch other people play games for them, the demand isn't going away, so this cancer will spread.

Oh what really? That is pretty awesome. I mean the only game this happened to me is Dark Souls III and I returned it after an hour of playing then I pirated it later to beat it.
Not worth the money
Then I found out faggot streamers were already playing it 4 days before anyone else and I was even more glad I returned my money. I have 2 fucking games on Steam. There is no reason to even have it anymore or to go invest in a console. I will just play dos games. Rant over.

The twitch audience itself is cancerous, not just the streamers.

That as well, it is a third world shit hole.

You can't blame shitskins on this one. Millennials were the ones this shit was marketed towards and we are just seeing the byproduct of a cultural smash and grab.

Oh no, I don't think you understand how many BR?! Russia and Mudshits are the viewers of twitch. I will give it to you UK fags too.

These tactics have been around for a long time, but they were traditionally reserved for sundry items like plates, diapers, formula, etc. Tupperware was the most notorious offender, because they would sell their product directly to people through representatives (who'd take a commission) rather than to a retailer or directly to the buyers themselves.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupperware#Cultural_and_historical_impact

AAA studios do the same thing with games, but instead the host hosts a livestream and gets people to buy the game with a coupon (which is tied to that streamer, so the company knows how much profit they are getting per host). This is legal ==IF== the host discloses his ties and the fact that he will take a commission from each sale. Streamers don't do this and it was only very recently did the FTC start requiring streamers to state if their content is sponsored.

twitch-tv-tips.blogspot.com/2016/05/ftc-disclosures-for-streamers.html

ftc.gov/system/files/documents/plain-language/bus41-dot-com-disclosures-information-about-online-advertising.pdf

It's still a mess, but it's not pure anarchy anymore. The government is slowly (slowly) getting a grip on it. Of course, the only reason they even care is so that they can obtain more tax money (for example, if streamers work a certain number of hours then under certain laws they might have to be counted as employees and that affects payroll taxes).

I'd stream as long as I don't get banned for my outspoken racism/sexism, and my chat could be just as anti-pc.

Nevermind, I take that back.
quantcast.com/twitch.tv#trafficCard

Are you sure? I watch Arturo play SF5 pretty often and there is atleast one guy that makes donation messages that look like they come straight from Holla Forums.

A lot of people go to cuckchan, and the idea/mind set of cuckchan has spread everywhere on the internet.

Holy shit, this is interesting reads. It is sad they are doing it just to get more money from Taxes.

No facecams
Little to zero stream clutter, just pure video game at most allowing speedrunners to show their splits.
Donation system is only third party so twitch never sees a cut.

I do it and I like to think it's decent.
I prefer small audiences anyways. Comfy talk about games is better.

Iv been streaming for a while now and follow a few rules for my self.
No Face Cam.
No talking during cutscenes/story dumps(baring some exceptions)
Nothing on the screen to take away from the game except for a BRB text message i put up when i need to step out to grab a drink or the such.
I don't take donations and my content is un-monetized so none of that to interrupt things either.

I do the same shit, only instead of on-screen text, I have a wallpaper with a character from the game I'm playing, with the message "Be right back" on it.

Smaller audiences aren't usually as bad

Smaller audiences are great. It allows for actual discussion and sort of bonding. Plus my audience is from twitter and that's some of the most non-PC shit possible, so the cancer usually gets rejected.

Twitch has this weird community. I can understand how a community forms around imageboards, or Tumblr, or Reddit, but Twitch's community and memes are beyond comprehension. It's ironic shitposting done ironically, in an ironic manner, with no context or explanation. Kinda like if you linked a normalfag to 4/s4s/.
I don't think you can really cure them. You could provide a superior stream but they'll follow the ebin memes. You could have proper interaction with your few viewers, but the majority want to see some ex-stripper's tits jiggle while she feigns being harassed. I could see a Twitch alternative based around small streams being successful, if all the regular viewers went there instead.

Stops tards donating $0.01 just to say something stupid and have the streamer "break down"
Stops the ebin meme spam, and makes the chat readable.
Keep that to the description. Instead of having people stop to mention their patreon or whatever repeatedly, just have it in text.

As for facecams and going off topic, I'm conflicted. Sometimes they're useful, such as when the streamer wants to show the chat something. Sometimes going off topic is alright, like how Vinesauce shows off fanart. I think a little bit of it is alright, but when it starts to ruin the quality of the stream as a vidya stream it should be curtailed.

Make a new stream service that allows freedom of speech and bans facecams. Marvel at how sponsors shun it. Be awed by how people avoid it for being "toxic" and slow because the site can't afford better servers.
It won't ever happen unless the streamers and maybe viewers themselves pay to use use the site. Which won't ever happen because twitch and youtube are free.

Well what are some good examples of what a twitch channel/ streaming service channel should be?

Underrated post.

You can't fix an audience. The only thing you that might help is a better curation and sub-community features so you can essentially create your own little corner of Twitch away from the 12 year olds.

Seems like I'm doing alright.

I decided to make the stream appealing visually first, while not invasive towards the games I play. Now I'm just looking for more tasteful shit to add.

I did get 19 followers in the first two weeks, but I have no idea if that's good or not.

I don't watch Twitch. That's probably my biggest weakness.

Why is it a problem if some dickwad streamer plays a game before you?

bumping because I don't want to stream cancer

Make life miserable for the small cancerous streamers. Corner the bigger cancerous ones incrementally. You'll be left with people who actually stream games. Normalfags will have to get their softcore cam shows somewhere else, like a stripper bar.
Challenge: Most cancerous streamers are friends with mods.

Optional: Scorched Earth.
Ruin the lifestyle of streamers even if they're not cancer. Reset everything back to zero. This also counts as hardmode because if you leave no one off limits mods will be more desperate to stop you.

talking of twitch, how do you get a sub button/partnership anyway? I've seen people who barely stream with 10 viewers have it, but some guy who has 50-100+ viewers streaming everyday for years without one.

500+ concurrent viewers regularly, but if you have a popular outlet somewhere else, you can still apply.

Basically Twitch decides how much they can milk your viewers for ad money.

If I made a non-meme stream, would you watch it?

I'd dependiong on the game and your skill on it, but also if it's a game i can't somehow just launch and play myself

What non-cancer games do people even watch?

I already have one but I also have the decency not to advertise it. Unless you want me to.

Please ask me to tell you

KSP from ej_sa and dasvaldez are typically very good, they have facecams and clearly target children (in the way they speak) however they stay on topic (space travel) are good at KSP, doing things that most people won't ever bother to do in it. There's also saltybet, which is 24/7 AI-vs-AI MUGEN fights.

That's about it, at least off the top of my head. Typically the best streams are either live events (ie SRG) or random games that aren't popular. Twitch's biggest problem (besides camwhores) is that the top ten games are always the same (Dota, LoL, CSGO, CoD, Overwatch and Minecraft), and most users won't ever watch anything else. But this is probably more of an audience problem than a streamer problem.

Plese user tell me, i want to learn a bit since i wanna put a stream, for my countrymen of course since in this shithole all streams are meme games like overwatch and Cancer strike, maybe i'll stream some fighting games for them or dustforce , FTL and stuff

twitch.tv/rottenhuman_

I only streamed CS:GO once, dad, I promise. I mostly stream survival games that let me bully other people, with games like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Enter the Gungeon, etc.

Basically either skill-based stuff, or bully-others-mercilessly kinda stuff.

I also try to make it visually appealing and non-invasive.

one does not simply fix camwhores and manwhores

i'll make you one of my buddy streams or something like that

Might as well post the single video from my channel.

I'll keep an eye on it user

Did I hide it? Maybe. I don't know.

Oh yeah, I did, I guess I didn't want to seem like a tiny ass channel until I got like 100~

step 1: play video games
step 2: keep it about video games and dont get too personal
-the end-

though, i suppose its inevitable that step 2 eventually peters out because communities or whatnot could form. i mean its people youre dealing with and thats what people do.

We had a golden opportunity when they streamed Bob Ross and the Joys of Painting became the number 1 twitch stream, but anons got bored and blew it instead of sticking with it. Sad because he was taking shekels away from the twitch cancer and could have made vidya great again but no anons had to choose to be colossal faggots and couldn't grasp the fact there was no money being made, all the money that was made went straight to charity

The biggest problem I can see with this is that the only way to really grow is to form a brand, and that is in itself draws attention to your persona.

money runs the world, user. Gotta take off that rose tinted glasses and accept reality.

*those

A good idea would be to team up with multiple people and stream a lot of different games in blocks. Don't speedrun because that shit got old years ago. You are literally watching someone do the same thing over and over again, often without explanation. Keep it diverse. Don't do anything that modern streamers do (donations, overlays, subscribers, webcams etc…). Do not stream CS:GO, MOBA's, OSU, or any other massively played game. It's over-saturated and you are contributing absolutely nothing. Just stream yourself having fun playing vidya like a sane person.

A small group on Holla Forums could start a generic Holla Forums stream run by multiple anons using two separate streams: one channel that is owned by a single person and rebroadcasts another channel that all other anons have access to. You could set up a schedule determining who streams when, or just let anyone stream to it whenever they want. It would obviously be better if co-owning channels was a thing and the streaming websites accepted multiple input streams, but that's not happening any time soon.

TLDR Treat your vidya stream like a television program run by multiple people. Have small interesting segments rather than long single broadcaster streams filled mostly with nothing of value.

this actually sounds like it could be a decent idea. I wonder if the boys around infinity.moe are still around and would be interested in something like this

I barely even know what you're talking about.
Is this what it means to become disconnected from the youth?

Are you talking about Holla Forums pirate television?
Because pirate TV is the coolest shit.

Wait, sorry, wrong webm.

What games should I stream, then?

Ban boobcams
Ban facecams
Ban Patreons
Ban nonsite ads
Kick anybody not playing vidya or discussing vidya off the site permanently.

Done.

It's their only way to earn money off of streaming, user

The only one who should be making money is the site itself. Streaming should not be your job, you should go do some productive ass shit.

Problem is people don't play what interests THEM usually. They stream shit to get money, and typically they jsut play shit like minecraft

That's an awful lot of "should", dad. Who are you to say what they should do? It makes dosh, therefore it's a niche to be filled.

what if being productive = playing not shitty games for neets?

Don't worry user, this entire thread, and Holla Forums as a whole, is entirely disconnected from the youth.
This thread is just memeing a couple of threads they've heard somewhere else, they don't actually understand what the fuck is going on nor have any remote hope of influencing the current situation in any way.

Remove memes, and camwhores.

I know what you mean, man. From what I know, this "Twitch" thing is like an upgraded version of Let's Play. A whole website dedicated to Let's Play videos. I know the concept of streaming videos, but streaming games?

All in all, just ignore the young'uns and enjoy our games without them being played by other people.

if people are willing to pay you for it, why shouldnt it be a job?

Because faux-maturity is cool on imageboards now, user. We're all supposed to be fine, upstanding citizens that only work real jobs, like accounting or shoveling shit, don't you see?

How hard can one man kike himself

What's the source of this webm anyways?

I don't think I've ever met anyone here or on associated Steam groups, IRC #s, Discord channels, or Mumble servers with the needed equipment and openness to the idea of streaming with other people.

I wouldn't ban ads or subscriptions, I would cap subscriptions at a certain amount, let ad money go over the cap, and lower the threshold to sign on more partner channels. Helping out smaller talent is the key to better programming and a major part of what's made Twitch and YouTube so stale.

1. Only cameras that are allowed are within the context of games.
2. No automatically-generated information (chat, donation thanks) in an overlay, the game itself must be at least 85 percent of the screen or more.
3. Sponsor relationships must be completely disclosed, including the amount for which the streamer was paid. Direct relationships with game console/PC manufacturers, including the parts that make them up, are strongly discouraged and not advised.

why?

For the hesitation, knowing how much will be laid bare of the relationship between sponsor and broadcaster.

for what purpose? You're being biased and unreasonable here. For the rules to be accepted, they must make sense.

Maybe that should be kept confidential, but there needs to be more transparency in general nowadays with Twitch streamers in regards to "sponsored content".

Transparency towards marketing is 100% reasonable, and there are already laws in place for that.

Yes. Most of the "big" streamers just consider it their jobs and think they are some kind of famous entertainers; which also answers your other questions.

Attention whores who think they're funny and/or good looking and want reassurance of it
Ban streams that have face cams
Probably
Seems rare
1. No face cam
2. No forced (over)reactions
3. No spouting memes

And now you realize why appealing to the majority is and always will be cancer.

don't give me that muh gneration gap shit. If they have 30-60' a day to watch some dingbat play a videogame on twitch badly and blurting inconsequential drible about his personal life or whatever then they could spend those 30-60' playing that videogame themselves instead. I don't expect them to drop the controller and pick up a fishing pole or whatever because i was raised at a time when videogames where not as big of a thing as it is today and in my "expert" opinion playing videogames is a total waste of time ; i just expect them to actually play the god damn video game

twitch: chitting_hell
password: buddy123

Knock yourselves out. It's an account a friend and I created sometime last year and never use. Feel free to change the name if you can; I just named it that because we used to make jokes about that "twitch chit" girl who complained about people spamming "ayy lmao".

Going for a classy, clean look. Since I posted my twitch on here already I don't have to worry about people pointing out my watermark as lowkey advertisment.

So I just put up a "Now Playing" HUD, but there's a problem of symmetry, as there's an empty spot to be filled on the left.

I could put in something trashy like "latest follower" or whatever, but I hope you guys got better idea of what should be there, instead.

Someone just pointed out to me that the watermark is too big, so I fixed it. Gib more advice

everyone here should be killed by a mossad false flag terror attack

Scale the logo down and eliminate the text. The URL shouldn't be necessary, only add that if you're editing it to be uploaded.

The watermark is there to make sure that all copies/recordings of the stream lead to the stream itself. Unfortunately if the logo was any smaller than it is, it would be impossible to make out during the stream itself, as it is transparent and I am forced to use the fastest CPU preset on my broadcast.

Oh, by the way, if that's transparent, it should be a light gray so it shows up on white.

When the streamer is either good enough at the game to be entertaining, or bad enough (but understands they are complete shit and plays along with it while still trying to improve themselves) and is entertaining. Camera is not required, if you do have camera you don't make it take more than like 5% of the screen and make sure it isn't blocking shit that is actually important to the game's UI.

Go check out any popular girl streamer, that is when it is cancer. However being a female does not instantly mean the stream is going to be cancer, there are respectable girl streamers that don't whore out the camera and fall into the decent stream criteria. They usually aren't getting more than 50 viewers tops, though. That's not a problem though, smaller streams usually tend to be a lot less cancerous; compare low viewer count Sing_Sing stream back when started streaming to Sing_Sing's stream now. Sure he's always been a meme'ing fuck, but back then he could actually engage the viewers and the chat wouldn't be a fucking cancerfest.

Thats a very good tip, thanks

Because they not only allow but support camewhores.
Remove the camewhores.
No webcam, no text on the screen, no subscription/donation shit just stream the game mic chat is acceptable if your not a twat.
Doubt it, the site seems to be full of thirsty virgins and retard children.

I've got a Mumble server I forgot I was leasing. Hop on in if you'd like to talk channels, maybe even set up some kind of roundtable/"carousel" stream if enough are interested.

magenta.cleanvoice.ru
port 65058

Turn it back into justin.tv

But on a more serious note don't allow streamers to show themselves/their faces. This instantly ends camwhoring and forces their streams to be about vidya only. I fail to see what seeing some fucker's reactions to his playing adds to my experience anyway.

There's also this

The anons were bitching cause they didn't want to watch Bob Ross starve twitch streamers of shekels cause they thought people were making a profit off him.

I don't understand, since when are anons acting like the bastions of fucking morality? Back when I first started browsing imageboards they were all about being edgy, resentful NEETs and nowadays its like Holla Forums is in charge all of a sudden.

Never thought I'd hear people throwing around "should" and "shouldn't" on here of all places.

Haven't been keeping up with this. Glad to see sensible decisions are still possible in [CURRENT YEAR] + 1

Politicians, hipsters, and all the typical moral leaders fucked up so horribly that edgy resentful NEETs decided that they needed to become the new moral authorities of the world. We're not the hero world needs, we're the one it deserves.

what the fuck did you just say

Easy.

okay so I added everything I ever wanted to add, while making a point to keep it non-invasive.

Did I do a good job?

Everything fucking wrong with Millenials, right here.

Hey I stream on Twitch

>Play vidya gaems seriously, you all know I've got that nice collection here, Im not wasting it on the wall
>choke at times like tonight.. I swear Ive gotten so rusty at SMB3
>Tiny Web Camera window so people can see my reaction you got me here, but its a tiny window
>do it all for free, not asking a dime..

why?
Cause I like meeting new people, talk about vidya and other interesting topics, and challenge myself in front of people, or make an ass of myself.

Looks good. You're already looking better than 95% percent of them.

Thank you, dad

Don't be a faggot, link it.

You assume that streaming must entail ebegging and faking.

I know of at least one streamer from Poland that is incredibly good at the game he plays and gets huge donations every month along with a Twitch partnership, and I've NEVER heard him ask for money even once. He's a very calm person and never overreacts to anything.

…well he gets excited sometimes but he doesn't scream

sure

/the_mr_maynard

I think a couple of the 4am guys coming by as well

With gaming as passive entertainment, streaming equates to at best unedited improvisational comedy.
If you aren't talking you aren't adding too much to differentiate yourself from any other number of silent recordings.

Mayhaps a speedrun is taking place and you are actually displaying skill which is kin to say a talent show.

Could be and sadly often is a very egotistical competitive game player who believes themselves worthy of being watched.
It is less often equatable to a real sport broadcast by professionals and is more like watching a little league game.

Lastly you have tits.
Whatever game is being "played" is of no consequence.
There are boobs attached to a woman and there are many who wish to view them.

Rule 1: No facecam
Rule 2: Must have a particular quality of mic
Rule:3: No weird fucking frames or anything

This. As is I think you can actually be banned for not moderating people in your chat if they're being bad goyim. Like if you have a higher tolerance for typically triggering shit and don't ban somebody for being an ebil rayciss some faggot can call in an admin and have them threaten you. Let me run my channel how I please, if people don't like it they can watch any other dime-a-dozen faggot with "NO RACISM/SEXISM/TRANSPHOBIA" as his first rule in bold.

Do they IP ban on twitch? I was able to use a throwaway mailinator email for one account, so I don't care if I get banned.

Some people only ever know the abyss, some people stumble upon it, but when you gaze long enough, you either kill yourself or find the light within.

You cannot be banned for that.

Children and women (factually the causes of cancer) wouldn't exist.
Only people with real jobs would be able to afford streaming (the $100 a month would act as a tip).

No need to thank me.

If you are suspected of using multiple accounts to troll you can get an IP ban. A partnered streamer can usually cry to global mods to have you IP banned as well. If you're messing around in your own stream you won't get into shit unless some faggot reports you. Twitch is full of SJWs and beta orbiters, so it's more likely than you think for one to find your stream.

How can I (as a fucking white male) make a successful Twitch account to farm goyim-gibs?

Flood the earth's atmosphere with a gas that kills anyone who ever spammed that dumb face in chat.

It's really simple:
Get a woman and a camera.

The problem is really too deeply ingrained to fix. The people who watch Twitch streams and use the chat are cancerous. Most streamers are cancerous (some speedrunners and pro FGC players who stream are okay. Tourney streams are usually alright too). All female streamers are cancerous. Most of the games people choose to stream are cancerous. The whole thing is just too far gone. It's almost entirely annoying homos playing trash games or annoying women pretending to play trash games while in low-cut tops, with their facecam taking up entirely too much space.

She's gonna need to have cleavage too. Though that's not very hard with the bullshit pushup bras these days.
Though that reminds me, is there even a single trap streamer?

fuck you

I would hope my stream is non-cancerous, as much as a stream can be. No face cam, nothing on screen to take away from the game baring a text message when i have to step out, no donations or any monetization on my content.

Iv said this before, but i bring it up again because im about to go live.

youtube.com/watch?v=KVSY06AA9jI

1. the gamefeed cannot be smaller than the face cam
2. no sexual implications (i.e. cleavage, underwear, etc.)
3. no donations

You gotta appear confident, smug, and be not shit at vidya.

I got like 24 followers since I started at the beginning of this month, and apparently people just like to hear my best friend and I bicker, argue and fight over ingame meta.

I once asked my sister to be the face of my channel so we could get some free shekels from the retarded twitch viewers but she didn't want to do it. We missed the boat right there.

Remember, retarded millenials is the new exploitable resource of the internet, they outnumber us too much to have an effect on Twitch.

You need a higher bitrate. Use Hitbox if you're at YouTube or Twitch's limit. Action-adventure games in a 3D environment can be pretty heavy on the video bandwidth, along with first person shooters and RTS games.

You may also want to give some more eclectic topics of discussion a try. Know your audience, bring ideas and news items up that will hold their interest in spite of their unfamiliarity.

Im at my internet's limit. My connection is basically 2 tincans and some string. As for topics of discussion i usually try to keep talk related to the game unless there has been some big events going down.

Some blanket suggestions I'd like to make to any would-be broadcasters on the internet here include:
-Enunciate. Speak at a good volume, don't let the microphone do the work. Not even one of those overpriced Blue microphones can help a mumbling, quibbling, mutter. Some of these Twitch partners sound like Milton from Office Space, I guarantee everyone who has read this thread can speak with a better tone than those vermin.
-Be yourself, as opposed to playing some cartoon character. I think it was Fred Rogers who reasoned that being himself in his Neighborhood TV program was because, (paraphrasing) "Children can see a phony from a mile away". Livestream viewers can be childlike, so you'll find this advice translates well. If you "play a character", you'll also inevitably get into the habit of saying really stupid shit and hiding behind it if you're called on it by anyone.
-As long as we're on habits, get into a good habit of being spontaneous with programming. Try something completely different every once in a while, with a good game to fall back on in case it doesn't go well. Even with your regular games, things may not go well, and how well you back up your show is the difference between the "partners" and the broadcasters.
-If you err, don't dwell on it, take responsibility, and move on. You'll notice that the people who are usually made fun of here and on other boards have a chronic tendency to excuse everything they do. Strive to set a good example for viewers and colleagues.
-Remember that viewer contributions and donations are an elective choice. They owe you nothing. The way that was worded can be discouraging, but you'll be surprised just how much mileage even a little modesty will get you on the internet.

Only thing I've seen twitch well-used for is griefing. Training camwhores in EverQuest while watching their reaction in realtime comes to mind.

Twitch's biggest weakness is the fact that people make their streams more about themselves than the games actually being played. Fixing this aspect is relatively simple:

1. Remove webcam.
2. Remove people who feel like rattling on about personal bullshit.
3. Remove e-begging from stream window.
4. Most, if not all screenspace should be reserved for vidya.

As an unrelated, but added bonus:

5. Remove emotes from chat.