Interesting plot pitches and/or settings held back by poorly done antagonists or conflicts

See the title. I'll start with Fire Emblem Fates:

Anankos (Dragon man) is especially bad for how you could have cut him from Fates totally and have similar (and better) versions of Birthright and Conquest.

I never got around to playing it, although I downloaded the fan-translated version. Is it worse than Awakening?

The fuck does this tumblr speak mean?

Game design, no.

Plot, yeah.

"Areas with cultures roughly corresponding two those real world areas."

You are what is wrong with Holla Forums.

That shit's been around for a decade, dude.

So let me get this straight . . . after the complaints about Awakening's plot, Intelligent Systems hires a professional Japanese writer to make a massive FE story that spans 2 retail games (and a third DLC path) and yet the story ends up being worse than Awakening, is that right?

Exactly. The problem is that it's written that the MC "doesnt want to hurt anyone" and wants to be "peaceful" regardless of the route. The whole time you're basically screaming "PLZ GUIZ, STOP FITE CAN BE FRIENDS :(" and in the third route it's "PLZ GUIZE, AN INVISIBLE DRAGON IN A HOLE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN THAT YOU DIE IF YOU TALK ABOUT IS MAKING EVERY1 GET MAD AT EACH OTHER :("

All they needed to do was was two things:

1. Write out Anankos. Just be done with him. He's unnecessary. Or at least don't make him the "big villain everyone sets aside their differences to fight".

2. Let Corrin give a reason to why he/she chooses either side. Either because of family, or because he/she believes in fighting for that country. This would change a few of Corrin's dialogues but it would mostly be a flavor thing.

That and the combat is a god damn mess. Why are developers so afraid of just letting players micromanage npcs in these types of games, ai controlled party members are party members who might as well not be there.

Eternal Sonata:

You play as Chopin, in his last moments. He is in a world of his own creation, and you go on adventures with his motley crew.

They barely bring up the fact that he's about to die and it's all in his imagination.

Might be wrong though, it's been years…

It's like you've never read MC2. MC2 is perfect for universe hoping.

Aside from Chopin mentioning the whole "magic = terminal illness" thing it only really gets brought up at the end when he tries to kill everyone to test if he's really dreaming.

Then he dies, but everything else continues which made me think the dream was just a weird limbo thing that kept repeating until he died.

But it was pretty fucking confusing.

This could have gone in so many ways and they choose the worst route. Instead of a story about redemption and fixing your mistakes, it's a "BUT THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP PREVAILS" as the prince goes around in his demonic disco costume absorbing the 3 master emeralds so he can become the greatest edge lord on the planet and eat the core of the planet. All because his inner demon was treated like shit when it was first made. Why even get my hopes up when you'll shit on it like that?

Final Fantasy 12 did just that. And people hated it for some reason.

Because the game played itself, same reason why people complained about GW1's heroes. There's a happy medium that can be found between "you have no control over these things" and "you set these things up once and watch as they do everything for you".

Xilia 2 was worse, I had to drop it.

I dropped that game right after the boss fight where the prince was absorbing the blue master emerald.
I just couldn't take it anymore.

I forgot, did they kill off Victoria after you fight her? She was pretty cool, better than any of the playable girls.

You can set however you want them to play. People act like you set one gambit and now the game plays its self. I set gambits for things I know I wouldn't have time to react to or would be tedious to constantly apply. Like constant haste, healing when I'm down to 40% HP, or casting cura on every zombie enemy you come across. If I wanted full control I could just disable gambits. Essentially you were given full control. It's like some people couldn't play without gambits on. So instead of just setting 2 or 3 gambits to cover their flaws, they set 10+ gambits and make the game play its self. It's like setting a game to easy mode and then complaining that the game is too easy.

This is just a side story. Altena is such a shit character I choose to kill her off with her brother, after forcing her to kill his retainer. Trabant did nothing wrong.

Xillia 2's "Grind quests for money to progress the plot" killed the momentum for me. If the world was very organic, had tons of NPCs, and the side quests had small stories to them. This could have worked.

She never died. There's even a scene Malik has with her that unlocks his bikini costume. She was probably supposed to be a character. I'm assuming Emeraude was as well but was canned. Because she would have been a perfect replacement for Richard.

Makes it even more suspicious how she's completely removed from the story by just having her explode. No one got that treatment at all. She wanted mass amounts of power for no reason and got herself killed immediately after. Then she's never mentioned again.

And Corrin is Altena 2.0

In gameplay Conquest is the best in the series, difficult for good reasons and amazing, relentless AI on the hardest difficulty.
Plot has issues but is not that bad, better than cliche good vs bad kingdom that the rest of the series had.

Trailers and Promotional Art:

Game comes out:

REAL EMOTION HAS SURROUNDED ME AND I CAN'T GO ON YOU ARE THERE AND FORWARD IS THE ONLY WAY I SHOULD GO I FEEL YOUR HEART CRYING OUT FOR ME YOU'LL NEVER BE ALONE

And Hoshido VS Nohr is good kingdom vs bad kingdom anyway.

His uncle was never depicted as anything but a giant dick that tried to kill Richard three times. You stop an assassination attempt as the boss fight as a child, Richard gets poisoned as a child, and the uncle tries to kill him again as part of the coup. And wasn't he refusing to send aid to your village?

Emeraude was done the same way as Van. Its entirely possible she was supposed to be a playable character she was my favorite, sadly but Tales occasionally does that bullshit of giving you villains as party members that just sit there and do jack shit, much like Sophie the cunt. I thought she was going to be the last villain because of it, otherwise what was the point of even having her tag along like that?

She isn't unique enough. Noir gives a new environment and gameplay mechanics involving stealth. What would May give?

Back in Pokemon B/W they actually addressed the fact that you're essentially capturing animals for cockfighting. Unfortunately, since they couldn't admit that it's not fully kid friendly when you think about it, they made the villains as blatantly and cartoonishly evil as possible. They keep stating that they don't actually care about the mons and just want to make everyone else release theirs so they can take over the world. Then they pull the power of friendship card by claiming that the mons actually want you to capture them and just test you by pretending to not want it.

It had an interesting premise where the villains (claimed to) care about the animals you just use as tools and then stash in the PC forever. Unfortunately that is obviously never going to be addressed properly in an official game, so they should just have kept ignoring that elephant in the room instead of trying to justify it and falling flat on their ass.

Whether you think the bioshock series is good or not, what Levine proposed compared to what we got is like night and day.

I thought it was pretty clear by the end of the game that pokemon are born with slave mindsets. You'd be better off asking why the game never recognizes how you can't even leave most towns without a pokemon because you'd be jumped by one and then die.

N Dindu Nuffin

Who was the head writter by the way ?

That's the point I was trying to make, yes. Except Trabant was truly actually a hero and FEif couldn't even be assed to do anything interesting with Garon-oh-actually-he's-just-a-fucking-slime.

Even a goo Garon could have worked. He could have pretended to be fatherly around his kids. Or not be under Anankos' string so soon.

Bioshock 1 did nothing but the setting right.

It should have been Jonathan vs Dio at least

Shin Kibayashi aka Seimaru Amagi aka Yuma Ando aka Yuya Aoki aka Joji Arimori aka Ryo Ryuman aka Hiroaki Igano aka Tadashi Agi.

Asscreed. Game's supposed to be about two ancient factions who share similar goals but who're separated by differences in how they operate. Instead of giving each group both positive and negative qualities that color their actions and behavior in a neutral light, which would give the audience room to draw their own conclusions about said factions, we're given a strict black and white "good vs bad" dichotomy that insults your intelligence when it assumes ethical stances for the audience.

The first game had potential and they just fucked it all up. First game was supposed to be about the two factions competing to find the Apple of Eden, which is an ancient alien-made device that can control human minds en masse. The Templars wanted to launch this device into orbit via a satellite that is designed to transmit the object's frequencies with enough power that they could reach every brain on the planet at once. I thought that this was going to be a single plot point that would introduce the audience to both factions and provide a nuanced perspective on their goals, intentions, modus operandi, etc. Instead, this device, that we know very little about, is the centerpiece of the ongoing conflict between the two factions, and we're automatically meant to come to the conclusion that the Templar's methods are bad and wrong and evil.

Altair is probably the best assassin because he actually questions his master's motives and ultimately comes to the conclusion that his mentor is no better than the men he commands him to assassinate. I thought this was going to be a jumping off point; from the protagonist's perspective, he has no reason to blindly side with either faction, and this character growth is representative of audience's newfound scrutiny for both groups. Instead, the plot goes full retard in the second game.

The whole "acquire the Piece of Eden and use it as a worldwide mind control device" plot line just gets thrown out the window in the second game, and now it's supposed to be used to stop some preordained, cataclysmic event from happening. The first plot line was a bit of a stretch, but I could buy that some ancient alien device exists that could control minds by emitting a special frequency. Fine. It's pseudo science bullshit, but whatever. This, however, is just flat out retarded. They never take the time to explain how this piece of technology is essential in preventing this disastrous event, they just take for granted that the audience won't care to ask such questions. They're content to shove Ezio's life story in your face, probably because they thought that the setting (renaissance Italy circa 1405) was so interesting that it'd mask their shitty writing.

Ezio is such a fucking faggot, holy shit. He's a rich guido, the son of a banker, who gets thrust into the Assassin and Templar conflict when his father and brothers are executed in the town square for treason against the nobility. After this event, he finds out that his father was an assassin, and his murder was ordered by a shadow group of conspirators who want to influence a series of political decisions that would position Rodrigo Borgia, a prominent Templar official, as the new pope. His is a basic story of revenge that gets drawn out over the course of 20 or so years because he's motivated by a blind hatred of his enemy and a sense of duty to his father's work, a cause that he really has no reason to give a shit about and that he never questions.

I don't want to write a fucking essay, so I'll just say that the story feels like it was pulled out the writer's ass on the spot when the Jewbisoft decided it was time to make another game to grab some shekels. The plot, the exotic settings the ancestors lived in, and some of the characters all had potential to be used in interesting ways if they were carefully crafted and well thought out, but we're fed nonsense; stupid character motivations, hand waived explanations for important concepts, political positions that are just shoved down our throats, terrible dialogue, and on and on and on. This series is an example of greed destroying or diminishing the creative potential in an otherwise decent media.

It's that fucking bad, and I haven't even begun to talk about the rest of the games in this shitty series or their more technical aspects, like gameplay.

You may want to try Rogue if you liked Altairs rebellion, gameplaywise its basically Black Flag but you spend most of the time working for the Templars and assinating the fuck out of assassins from Black Flag.
The entire plot basically revolves around the assassins fucking up and destroying an island and a portuegese city by having the main character remove pieces of Eden and he realizes how hypocrite they are.
Not even that big of a fan of the templars, their main redeeming feature is that theyre not the assassins.

That black and white bias sort of makes sense when you realize that your viewing the perspective of Assassins. Of course they see themselves as good and Templars evil. And you see how it works the other way around in Rogue and the beginning of 3.

They're both trying to do what they think is best for humanity. One believes in a New World Order of Absolute Control, the other in a vague idea of Freedom which just seems to amount to killing Templars and other people. Not anarchy, just not Templar.

No.
There's a military high school and there's magic, but its mostly technical.
Yup.

Punny, but it's not that hard since this thing is the first association.

I don't know if I have the patience for yet another asscreed game. I'm over the games by now, it's just a disappointment to see how the games were handled.

That's the crux of my criticism. For four fucking games we're given "assassins good, templars bad" without any variance at all. The first game set these two factions up as both well meaning but at odds with one another for various, subjective reasons. I thought that the games would explore the ideologies of both factions, but instead we're only ever given one perspective. I don't know about Rogue, but the beginning of III isn't anything special because the game still sets the Templars up as antagonists from the very beginning, and only Haytham has a sort of characteristic ambiguity.

I guess I expected more from the writers. It's probably executive meddling that ruined these games more than the developer's incompetence, but it doesn't that the end result is mostly garbage.

I was wrong it was a manga writer called Shin Kibyashi, I've always wanted Nintendo to hire someone good to write their games but now I don't even fucking know.

I'm not saying they should have more story or a more involved story but if the game has a story they may as well make it good.

Kibayashi.

Hold the vox… this is the guy who wrote GetBackers ?

Your point being?

Not that much
I'm looking at his other works, for someone with so many works under his belt you would expect something better than what we got in Conquest and Revelations

Just like women.

Reminder that Kibayashi only worked on the pitch.

Completely forgot the whole "The sun will eat the Earth" plot they had going at one point. The conspiracy shit was the most interesting part of the AC mythos and it got completely dropped.

I will say this regarding the black/white morality of the templars and assassins: The main thing it all boils down to is that the templars would use the powers to dominate the world, the assassins wouldn't use the powers/would use them to kill those that would dominate the world. It's basically "we accept that violence is actually an acceptable course of action" when applied to underhanded politics, one side authoritarian and the other libertarian. You couldn't conceivably make them both as grey as each other in a linear narrative because if there's one thing that pisses people off, it's their character doing shit the player wouldn't. You have to go a bit cartoony or make the narrative completely different.

Fucking really ?

it was very dissapointing. I thought I'd be getting something with more story depth but there was just that. It was a dissapointing game

Yeah. He didn't work on the game beyond helping map out the setting, characters, and coming up with some plot points like Goo Garon. Say what you will about Fates, but you shouldn't blame its plot issues just on him.

That's all the game explains to you.

What the game doesn't tell you:

Man I couldn't understand shit that happened after the time skip. I'm not sure the game was trying to be 2deep4u or there is a huge ammount of lore somewhere else that I didn't read/buy.

SPOILERS:

It's like the moment you defeat Leviathan the game goes completely off rails.

Nomura wanted the game to be a fuckhuge series but Squeenix was tired of it and wanted to push it out the door, they kicked him off the development andput him on KH3 and put some guy in who would actually finish the game and told him "NO SEQUELS" and then the poor sap had to basically rewrite the game's story from scratch. The ending we got was most likely created within the last few months of the game going gold.

There was a fuckhuge leak about this and I'm sure someone screencapped the thread.

Now that explains everything.

The Starscourge was around LONG before the start of the game, it was just fantasy cancer though and the duty of the oracle was to "heal" it (Presumably by absorbing it themselves considering Lunas health, and how Ardyn "healed"), it is basically MAGIC NANOMACHINES that block out the sun and transforms people to Daemons, and i think it is suggested that either Ifrit made it or the Astrals accidentelly brought it with them when the descended upon Eos in some guide or something.

The Endless night was actually starting to happen before the start of the game too if i remember Sonias shit right, she make some talk about night is getting longer but most people were yet to realize it, so go catch some frogs.

Oh and Ardyn being pissed also makes sense since the gods basically told him to absorb when the solution was purge, so he did as they said, got blamed and called an abomination, becomes unable to die, and THEN a wet behind the ears Noctis comes along and gets to do what he was supposed to do, and all things suggest getting Starscourged is very uncomfortable.

The gods made a VERY bad call and he paid for it.

At the end of the game Noctis basically purges the NANOMACHINES, killing Ardyn once and for all, restoring day and commiting Daemoncide in one fellswoop.

Well, she is the god of death, so she probably likes staying incognito and humble unless there is killing to be done, also probably why she let the empire think they "killed" her, she have been friends with Noct and Luna since they were kids, and i think presenting yourself as the GOD OF DEATH to two kids (one who recently nearly died) is kinda counterproductive even if you ARE grooming them to die.

And i think the gods are still "alive" and can manifest and make new bodies on their own should they wish, remember, Noctis less summons them and more like they give call asking "EYY FAM, YA WANT SUM HELP? HOLD R2 FOR YES!" after he proves himself to actually have a chance on being able to pull off the purge plan, they just don't really gave any fucks about humanity outside of Lucian Royalty (their pet project to get rid of the starscourge) and the Oracle (their telephone and stop-gap solution to the Starscourge).

i forgot, how relevant was kars in the plot of EoH?

Jonathan would have ended the same exact way but would have had more emotion attached to it, since instead of the stupid fucking rings Jotaro kept it would be JONATHANS ENTIRE FUCKING BODY that would have triggered the explosion and we would have gotten another sad in character First Joestar Sacrifice.

You mean the game Shiva?

Another thing, his fight was anti-climatic as fuck. For someone who is a immortal demon god I was expecting him to at least have multiple forms and shit. The dude barely fights back.

Ifrit felt more like a final boss than him,

Well, in that regard he didn't made a bad job, at least Nohr's cast was entertaining
That one was outright stupid, no horrible mutation, no daemon ascension, noting, he turned into a fucking Muk

But only this time, Dio would have paid the full price of his actions, especially for stealing Jonathan's body

He isn't.
The pillar men make a brief appearance before being convinced to fuck off. They admit they don't know how strong the Joestars are together as a group and supposedly aren't willing to take any chances.

EXACTLY. He didn't fight back because he didn't want to win.

That's a great excuse for not making a decent final boss.

I'm glad you agree.

Metroid Prime Hunters

Pitch

What happens
run and fight.
>All opposing bounty hunters are killed off by final boss in an anemic cinematic except Sylux

Unique rogues and mechanics involving Stick/Repel also ass.

Pic related.

The reapers were interesting right up to the point their actual motivations were revealed.

They could have been some sort of lovecraftian techno horror from the void, but biocucks wrote them to be some sort of savior of organics by harvesting them and incorporating them into new reapers.

Pic related was the result of a poorly done protag rather.

I'm so fucking happy for the 2 month release gap between the NA and Euro versions of Fates, it gave me more than enough time and censorship/story info to make up my mind and not buy it and just stick with Awakening.

Yeah NST got fucked with deadlines and put so much focus into the multiplayer mode (including delaying it by 6 months to make the multiplayer work online), that the single player mode ended up as more than an afterthought.

Just pirate it and get the translation hack

>tfw used to enjoy this series before it was always shit

You can tell Ubisoft was just making shit up as they went along. After they were done with Desmond's story in AC III, they probably regretted making the modern storyline a driving focus on the story and following games they attempted to downplay it. AC IV, Rogue and Unity dropped this thing entirely, unfortunately because they left Juno's plot to take over the world hanging, its still unresolved to this day. And if it ever gets a resolution, it will be probably abandoned in a quiet manner like the satellite plot (in case you even bothered to learn what they do with that plotline, if you check your e-mails, you find out that after you killed Vidic, Abstergo abandoned the fucking plan altogether).

>before realized it was always shit
Goddamnit.

What the absolute fuck.

Why not just become powerful enough to kick both sides' asses until they're fucking forced into negotiations?

I recently started reading Berserk, after being in my backlog for so long. I just finished the Conviction arc. I just wanna know why do people say/think that Griffith did nothing wrong? All he had to do was to have patience, and spend a few years courting the princess, and if the king was against it, he could have assassinated him, just like with the queen. But no, he just had to rush things and fuck the princess and get captured. Then he decided to sacrifice all of his compatriots and his one and only friend, just so that he could heal his body. He did everything wrong. Guts was in the right, to leave the army and find his own dream/purpose, instead of staying in the shadow of Griffith.

It's literally a meme both ironic and unironic.

Truly a waste of potential
blame japan and their ridiculous appeal for friendship stories

I fucking hate when publishers go for marketing instead of making a good game

We need a crash to get rid of all these scummy publishers

I won't lie, back in the day I saw the 3rd Route having you join the faction that the monster units are in.

Am I the only one who's tired of the "DINDU NUFFIN" villains?

If the meme is unironic, doesn't it imply that there are arguments on why he dindu nuthin? I remember there was an image comparing Griffith to Big Boss and the gyst of it was that they both did the same thing, but one was considered a hero(Big Boss) whereas the other was considered a villain(Griffith).

Maybe so, but what the hell does it mean? New form of niggerspeak? I have never seen it before.

It's getting a little excessive, people have been drilling it into writer's heads these past few weeks that the only good villains are villains whose motivations are arguably better than the hero's if not at the very least intensely sympathetic.

I miss villains you're just supposed to hate for being massive goddamn shitbags. The final boss you want to scale all the way up to that goddamn tower to punch in the face because he's a prick at every turn.

Yes. Noctis followed Ardyn to the afterlife ("beyond") and destroyed him.
The kings of the Lucian line (Noctis ancestors) reside in the ring. The ring can only be worn and used by Lucian royalty, or those worthy enough to wear it.
I think it was some alternate shit. It's not explained and I don't really care. It just adds more shit to the pile.
Noctis had to absorb the power of the crystal to become the "True King", I guess.
Lucian kings are connected to the crystal, and get their power from them. And since Noctis is supposed to be the True King or whatever, the crystal absorbed him and tempered him into it.
He got turned into a daemon by Ardyn… offscreen. You fight him while going through the fort in Gralea. The first fight, you have to run from him because he keeps healing himself to full, no matter how much or how hard you hit him. Then he stalks you for a bit, and then when you reunite with your friends, you finally fight him and kill him. It's all very flaccid. There's no dialogue between him and Noctis because he's already full daemon.

Because the game was cobbled together in the last 3-4 years after several years in the development hell. They were making additions and changes right up until release. Last parts of the game were rushed to hell, story makes no sense.

And they're still planning to add and patch shit. I don't see people who spent 100+ hours in the game spending any more.

It's funny that this is not part of the main quest. A lot of the Armiger weapons are obtained through sidequests. For some reason they're not as important as the game wants you to believe. Even though you're forced to go through a dungeon for one when the game goes linear.

I would have actually preferred Nomura's KH-combat, musical, warring mafia families, romeo and juliet vision over what we got. People keep saying that Nomura wanted to make Versus XIII a musical and that's a bad thing, but that's 100x more entertaining than what we got. Everyone was fucking boring or irritating in FFXV, save for SIDE CHARACTERS, like Aranea. I can barely remember most of the story events and character interactions between the four "brothers". I remember how the game looked and some of the worst parts of the game because they were memorably bad.

Banjo-Kazooie did this better than any game I can think of. You spend the entire game being taunted by this witch. She taunts you in the overworld, taunts you when you die, taunts you every time you breathe. In RHYME. In the end, you get to beat the absolute piss out of her and bury her alive right outside your house. If that's not a satisfying conclusion, I don't know what is.

Human Revolution

But
Then you find her and just sort of leave to stop Hugh Darrow and really you fail before you even show up like its the ending of Watchmen.
You had 4 choices at the end and because of what Darrow did not a one of them really mattered.
Making millions murder each other overshadows whatever dumb little prefab slideshow you broadcast.

The sad thing is that people actually do shit like that. My favourite is when there's some kind of convoluted exploit or way to min-max and break the system then people complain because it trivialises the game. It's like, "I looked up a guide on how to break the game, and now the game is broken. This means the game is bad." Just want to slap them and tell them to not fucking use the exploit then.

Reminds me of Rondo of Swords. The evil route is hard as shit and is done through being the most powerful asshole around. The first stage is an escape mission with 20+ enemies against your 3 men who are all level 1. There are level 10 enemies with skills that make it so you can't attack multiple people at the same time. However if you know how to properly play the game, you can kill nearly everyone in the stage and start the evil route. Essentially turning an escape mission into "Route the enemy". It's easy to emulate and is a great DS game btw.

I appreciate both but plain asshole villains are fun. The worst villains are the ones you don't want to kill because you would rather fuck them into a coma.

It's really a problem when the exploit is something that you should be doing often. Like Pyromancy in Dark Souls turns the game into easy mode. You have to lock yourself out of some pretty cool spells because it makes the game too easy instead of them being balanced. When it comes to Gambits, you set as many as you need. And if you want a challenge, try to take on a boss with only an AI team that you made without changing the gambits mid fight.

I was thinking more along the lines of exponentially powerful potions in Morrowind. If you don't want to break the game then don't mix up a potion of +6000 strength.

Damn man. It's like some writers know that if they don't ton down the story or tone for otakus, they're losing potential money. It reminds me of Tiers To Tiara 2. I like the game and its story but I find the story makes a complete 180 in its tone.

I'm really liking the story so far. But after a few battles the games slowly progresses with your characters doing random things like it's Fire Emblem Awakening instead of it feeling like a war story with some romance between the MC and the goddess. Dragon Slut Goddess of Buoyant Aztec Islands and Tsundere Goddess of War and Lap Pillows are constantly fighting for MCs dick. It's otaku pandering but I don't hate it because it does have some charm to it. However it definitely feels like a step down from what was originally established.

haven't played HR or Mankind divided because fuck current year shit

whats the premise with Megan? did she fake being captured? she seemed like a cunt from day 1

It's basically a shorthand for Fire Emblem version of Japan and Fire Emblem version of Europe.

Guts leaving to forge his own path broke Griffith. Guts is the first and last human being Griffith considered a friend and almost equal, and to have him decide to leave shattered him. He lost sight of his plan to court the princess and become king, and rushed the plan, leading to the Eclipse and everything that followed. Instead of trying to understand why Guts would leave the Band and go independent, he chose to become a God and fuck up everything everywhere forever until Falconia was the last safe place for humanity on Earth. It's kind of sad that one setback can shatter the man so completely.

Unfortunately for him, it happened again with Rickert, the youngest surviving member of the original Band of the Hawk that used to hold Griffith up as an idol and role model. He chose to leave the last safe place on Earth to forge his own path as a blacksmith engineer badass, but not before slapping the pretty boy across the face. I guess the second time around hurt much less, maybe because Rickert didn't mean a ton to Griffith in the past, and being an inhuman Apostle probably suppresses human emotion.

You mean idolmaster right?

The kidnapping was real, Megan was held captive but liked it because she could continue her work which is what she loved anyway, and she could do it without oversight or scruples. I think. It's been a while since I played HR.

So griff''s entire motive is butthurt from something he can't have.

I haven't played the game but I watched kingsglaive and I've been semi-following the development.

In short: He originally was going to be a major villain but they ran out of time implementing it or cut it in one of the MANY plot revisions they had. In the original game Kingsglaive was going to be the opening of the movie which meant you would see the Emperor's attack on the capital and all that jazz. In the movie the Emperor is clearly the villain here.

My assumption is that in the original version of FFXV he was going to be the main villain and they were going to reveal in FFXV-2 that Ardyn was behind it and then Nomura would keep pushing out FFXV games like that but when the new guy came in he cut it.

Kind of like Char being butthurt at Amuro because he instantly got connected with Lala through newtype telepathy. Something he could never do with her. And then she was accidentally killed trying to save Char. The fastest and most successful mental cucking in anime history.

Don't forget the cuckoldry, she never really liked Adam that much.

How is that cuckoldry?

Fuck

Adam never got over her, granted, the guy people think she was sleeping with has no genitals on account of full body augs. I guess that is doubly pathetic, but Megan wasn't really worth a damn outside of her apparent use as a scientist.

FUUUUUUCK THIS IS SOME DAMN GOOD GET

WASTED GET

Suteki

If new year begins with such fail, what holds us next?

Trump assassination, possibly.

There, my single saved him, you happy?

wew lad

I'd
you, user.

I just fucking realized

And lets not forget the cherries on this shitty sundae

epic

Makes no damn sense. She's an invincible God of War that has no trouble taking out everything in her path that isn't another Valkyrie. Yet you throw her away knowing the enemy has another Valkyrie. He makes her blow herself up to take care of a shit ton of enemy units when, if given some support, she could have easily done so. Even so, those massive armies were being wiped out anyway until Squad 7 deployed. Truly died for no reason.

We still have the

get and the start of the Chinese New Year to look forward to. The Year of The Fire Cock has yet to officially begin. That is when we will all start to see some real shit as nega-2007 kicks into high gear.

Not really. Sovereign was just a posturing villain and Harbinger a mouthy spaceship. The Reapers are among the least interesting elements of ME which makes how much they bloated out other more interesting angles a notable role of ME being trash.

Oh thank fuck I didn't buy it yet!

Here's hoping xvi is good with Nomura off. Hopefully for good.

IF SQUENIX EVEN LIVES THAT LONG

Because they have shit taste.

It wont be.

I liked Sword of Mana.

I hope Ever Oasis does well so Koichi Ishii can be like "haha, new Mana series niggas".

Gambits could be set so that the game ran itself. It was a way to afk farm, but it was something you could do from the beginning. Other rpgs usually make it possible to afk farm far into the game when you're easily overpowering the monsters regardless.

For one the tragic vampire story fits Seiken I better because everything in it was supposed to be a tragedy. But on the other hand most of the remake from brownie brown sucked really hard.

X2 was so fucking awful. Not even the gameplay could save it from what I remember. If I remember correctly, they implemented the whole system where you could only control Yuna and the other two were npcs. The game would have been so much better if it let you create a third character, rather than using Pain or Paine, and let you take full control of the entire party. It was far too different from X.

If SE wants to add more action to their FF gameplay then just make another Kingdom Hearts. That's essentially what the series was made for.

That would have been awesome. It would have given Johnathan a chance to put that cunt Dio away for good rather than letting his head take over his body.

He was essentially Yu Yevon then

It was a Romeo and Juliet ending. They're both wed in the ruins of their capital on their ruined throne. They're both dead and happy in the afterlife.

Final Fantasy 7, for the praise heaped on by fangirls, had a really shitty protagonist that hijacked an interesting diesel-punk story about eco-terrorists fighting a megacorporation and narrowed the scope by making the game all about trying to stop him and his pet rock from outer space while the original conflict is relegated to a subplot.

Imagine if Oddworld's plot changed course by making Abe into a secret agent for MI:6 trying to stop some Russian arms dealer wearing a cowboy hat and he accidentally fires a rocket with a nuclear warhead that destroys Rupture Farms by pure dumb luck because that game did it so much better.

a really shitty *antagonist*

Sorry.

It doesn't help that the game had a shitty translation. But I wonder why they went away from Midgar to a more generic setting for the rest of the game.

Final Fantasy 8 had an interesting setting with a protagonist who had potential if nothing else. It suffered from fixating on a trash character (Rinoa) and an increasingly shoddy plot.

Bump

If we're talking Fire Emblem.

All of this off the top of my head, I'm probably wrong about something there. I can't remember when the story started getting on my nerves, but it was probably in part 3.

You are my ally in arms and your face shall always be welcome in my house.

The Zodiac version made this game barely playable but it was still a steaming pile of horseshit. I was so excited for it and they dropped every ball possible and some I didn't even think of. If you even remotely enjoy this game, fuck you with a spiked horse dick.

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Probably because it's not that interesting to begin with.

I think the Federation gave up supporting the Gallian front because Gallia would not commit to the terms of alliance. Plus, that whole attempt at kidnapping the princess to hold her ransom might have soured diplomatic relations. I'm sure the Feddies and Imps were still fighting outside of Gallian borders, but most of the Empire's elite units were gunning for Gallia's capital. Since the Federation and its lands were not the target at the time, and the Gallians didn't want to join the alliance, they said fuck it and went home.

And then Gallia won and is able to use its stores of ragnite exclusively for themselves, which means they would have a small but incredibly dangerous military, and a powerful grip on the economies of both superpowers. At least, if they had chosen to do so. I don't know what happens in VC2.

Yep. She died for a man who was artificially trying to replace her race. She's right fucking there, bang her and make some valkyria babies, no need to try and develop fake ones. Welkin had the right idea.

That's about it, really. What also doesn't help is the fact that the localization team only translated the Japanese "easy mode" script and applied it to every difficulty in the English version. Meaning that there was more depth to the dialogue and plot if you played it on a harder difficulty in the Japanese version. That's probably part of why the plot seems so lackluster.

It makes sense. Selvaria was easily controllable and she was very willing to be treated as a weapon. Their children, probably not so much. Maximillian saw her as an obsolete tool. He legitimately believed the imperial research replicated the valkyrur abilities without the need for a bloodline. The technology can be brought to the whole army rather than a small elite force. From a militaristic standpoint, the technology is infinitely better and more reliable

That does make sense, and it also makes sense as to why Max would blitz Gallia with all the elite units at the risk of getting flanked by Feddies. If he was going to create mechanical valkyria super soldiers, he would need all the ragnite he could get. And I suppose Selvaria would have to be disposed before she learned of the experiment and possibly thought of rebelling. Still, it's questionable as to why he would dispose of her so early, when Gallia is really just the first step. He would not only need to conquer the country, but bring it under control to the point where resistance is light enough where the Imps can begin getting that ragnite, all while holding off possible Federation attacks. I guess he didn't have much choice at that point in the war, since the Gallian army was rallying and had high morale before Selvaria went all allahu ackbar human nuke.

Well now that the Gallians have all that ragnite for themselves and the remains of that stupid giga-train with all of the fake valkyria tech, and maybe even a small bloodline of loyal baker-valkyria raised at home, they really have a recipe for becoming the new world power. Still, even if they don't go with Max's plan, they've still got the leading edge on ragnite related tech, so they still have the tools to expand Gallia's power.

It was a last ditch effort to initiate the prototype to replace her. She was sent in to cause as much of a disruption as possible. The Gallian forces has gotten too strong for them to waltz in without opposition. Remember that Maximillian thinks he's the only one that has access to Valkyria. Once he knows Alicia exists, and that they have a lance, he gets desperate.

Over the whole course of the game, you can see the increasing strength of his forces, starting with scouts to simple barricades (as their main forces are elsewhere), all the way to Selvaria herself. Once Maximillian knew the Gallian forces had a Valkyrur and a lance, he starting making extremely rash decisions and tried to rush the war. As you said, the ragnite was the focus.

As for Gallia, they would likely be heavily against the tech, and would likely heavily regulate ragnite trading.

I figure a 3rd Path which has you crush both Hoshido and Nohr would require you to rewrite one or both kingdoms. Otherwise you'd have a kill all humans mwahaha path.