Explain why you don't like this film without using the words "quips," memes" or "Reddit"

Explain why you don't like this film without using the words "quips," memes" or "Reddit"

Nice quip OP, reddit memester.

its shit and tarantino is a cuck

no he's a footfag

But actually i do

quips, memes and reddit.

Uma Thurman isn't hot.

Its unironically a fun film, contrarians on Holla Forums literally cannot critique it without resorting to "muh reddit"

dubs confirms that Holla Forums is reddit

It contained drug use, and it's old af.

Think it’s more a case of millennials who’v seen rip offs their whole life so don’t see it as an original classic. Streetcar Named Desire, Matrix and American Werewolf in London are other good examples.

Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are literally Quentin's only good movies, but Holla Forums will shit on them anyway because Quentin has a reddit fanbase
Sad!

I like it just fine. The Holla Forums hivemind is a bad joke.

is bad firlm

I used to like this movie but basically I grew out of it. Getting older does that kind of thing. A good movie can still be appreciated no matter how old you get, but a movie like pulp fiction while it has aged well visually, does not age well with the viewer (unless he is mentally stunted)

Also Tarantino is a wanker.

So would you say this movie is immature and pretentious?

No I didn't say that.

its an edgy mess made by a retarded spaghettinigger

I'll expand a bit;

I wouldn't say it's immature, in the same way that children's tv shows are not immature. They have their target audience, and it's hard to appreciate them after moving out of it.

Tarantino being a wanker doesn't make his movies pretentious either, but I now personally dislike the guy and what he stands for.

It's hard to judge a movie based on its merits when there's an obvious agenda hitting you over the head the whole time. It's the reason I can't stand to watch Del Toro movies anymore despite being wonderful visually.

Tarentino's problem has always been he focused on his shitty dialogue. All his movies are 90 percent talking from a script written by a 15 year old that think he's clever and still gets a rise out of saying nigger for shock value and other immature shit. He honestly understands genre films, but he can't make a real one because real genre films don't have two characters talking about retarded shit for 10 minutes at a time because the screenwriter jerks off on how great he thinks his dialogue is.

Tarantino heard 'nigger' being bellowed at the top of his mother's lungs every weekend, no surprise it's lost it's punch to Quentin.

he is both

Tarantino movies that feature BLACKED:

any others?

Django

What agenda?

White wife cucks black husband with white bodyguard. Black husband later buttraped by white supremacist.
Black boyfriend cucked by white henchman. Later killed by white guy who steals his money.
Black guy makes up story about being a degenerate sodomite. Few minutes later gets his balls shot off by white guy.
Yup Tarantino definitely not /areguy/

It is ok but supremely overrated

when I was younger I liked it because it was edgy. Now looking at it all I can see is the celebration of degeneracy

is anyone in here NOT from reddit?

boring and uses offensiveness to cover up lack of meaningful content, like a child who just realized they can swear with no repercussions.

I think this is Tarantino's real hidden fetish.

It's about nothing. The only parts that are good in it (I mean funny and/or entertaining) are the ones where Vincent is WITH Jules. I really like the part where they hit Ving Rhames with the car.

What is the rest? There's that dancing scene, the watch-up-your-father's-ass bullshit, and… That pair who wants to rob a fucking fast food "restaurant"? These are uninteresting, unfunny, unentertaining.

That was the bruce willis character and he was alone. Maybe you need to rewatch?

I used to love Pulp Fiction. It's unironically one of my favorite movies ever, but Kill Bill is lightyears better. Only problem with Pulp Fiction is it feels very dated now and you can see where and how Quentin has improved as a writer and filmmaker.

Holla Forums does have a hivemind, that's not a meme, it's a sad reality. This board is filled with too many contrarian assholes and waifu posters to enjoy much of anything anymore.

I don't like it a lot because he's the anti-thesis of what Zinnemann once explained went going for good movies:
Every scene, dialogue and action needs a justification, which may vary. Artistically speaking you can just pull it out your ass, which he did often, but he said the mere justification was moving the plot forward, or in the case of a non-chronological movie, to complete the narrative
If you don't move/support the plot, nor complete a clear thematic, then you are just indulging yourself against the spectator, or to say in other words, wanking over the audience, being a pretentious faggot with people who paid with their time.
And that's what Tarantino does often, which is okay if it is a personal project for your own enjoyment, but if you do that in a movie made to entertain folks under a jew producer, then you are being retarded or malicious to con your hordes of mentally ill fans.

Then you have the whole ripping off chink and jap movies shamelessly and pretending you didn't know it was already done, even when in some cases you were the literal executive producer or main distributor of said movies in the american market
A classic italian conman, very talented in his visuals and sometimes understands what makes those genre movies good, but he's too full of himself to reach higher levels, called often in the connoisseur circles as kino

And Pulp Fiction is filled with said things.

>He falls for the (((Zimmerman))) meme
You stupid mother fucker, do you even enjoy movies?

My mistake… Thanks, but I don't want to.

That's the most retarded thing I've read today. Who the fuck is Zinnemann anyways? Gonna look up that kike

He's a pretentious European born Kike who coined the term Kino, which is just the german word for "film", but he thinks it's some kind of higher standard of filmmaking.

#protip: It's not.

This is the kind of vermin that passes as posters these days? Step up your bait, redditors

Its probably one of the most basic and well known storytelling idioms, if you haven't heard of it you've probably never tried to write anythign before.
Every scene, dialogue and action needs a justification to overall point of the story, otherwise its meandering nonsense that's just wasting the audience's time. Even if it doesn't further the storyline, it could provide insight into the characters or the world that is important.
This is why Reservoir Dogs is superior to Pulp Fiction; the opening scene of Reservoir Dogs is just the characters getting into a petty argument about tipping but it brilliantly establishes and forshadows how their characters will act for the rest of the film, therefore justifying the scene's place in the film.

Kino is the German word for "film", nigger.
That meme isn't fucking funny.

You need to stop posting (in a serious manner, of course) if you believe all the drivel you are pulling, which don't have anything to do with the topic at hand
And yes, i know Zinnemann was born a dirty heeb, but his career, behavior and final demise from Hollywood, taking into account the context of the latter, places him as merely human with a valid opinion instead of the usual usurer desert devils that compose his "people"

Wasn't bait. Googled him.
Do the guy made some Oscar winning movies in the 60s, big deal.
I'd rather watch Refn than Cameron.

Take a rest, bud

I wouldn't say I hate him but his characters feel kind of 2D and not like people. They're not badly done just not as fleshed out.

Nonsensical jumble of a story that jumps between six different characters, all of which are either cliche cardboard cut-outs or taken straight from a minstrel show.
Samuel L Jackson makes it memorable, spitting one-liners and cliche 'angry righteous brotha' speeches but his character undergoes no development or conflict. Travolta's talent is utilized well for some vignettes and less so for others; Uma Thurman (who i can't decide if she is actually attractive or not) brings out the best of Travolta's act.
Standard Tarantino shtick applies: violence for the sake of violence, glossed-over plot gaps, non-sequitur out the ass and a dollop of racial tension on top
Far from his best work, at least he knows how to cast well

just realized who she reminds me of.

Agenda is probably the wrong word as it makes it sound organized somehow. But the guy definitely has some weird and unrelenting political fetishes and biases.