What were some of the biggest fuck ups of 2016 in your own opinion, Holla Forums?

What were some of the biggest fuck ups of 2016 in your own opinion, Holla Forums?

I don't think I've played a single 2016 released game yet so I can't say.

Then why did you post in this thread?

probably just to be cheeky

NMS obviously.
Eternal Crusade was a hilarious fuck up, its a little disappointing the catastrophic failure of the game isn't discussed more.

Who cares he bumped the thread in a thread dedicated to shitting on shit games, its a good thing.

Batman: AK. Wasn't it so fucked up they had to remove it from Steam and re-added it? This is the only game I saw something like that happen

Fair enough.
I still can't believe NMS truly happened. It was glorious. How glad I was to see the reactions of all my shitty friends who thought it would be good.

Arkham Knight was in 2015.

Holy fuck yes, its amazing so many games fucked up I actually forgot about them.

There is also Watch Dogs 2, the Tomb Raider game, Assasin creed games, all 10 of them.
AAA took such a beating this year.

I'm pretty sure we are on the cusp of the crash.

Yeah I think it made even Steam cucks a little more cynical.

No Man's Sky sort of stole its thunder, but still.

I still have a hard time believing that so many people actually looked at NMS, looked at the promises they were making and said "Yeah, that seems legit and completely possible."

I won a code for the game in a raffle. Installed it once, played it for two or three matches, de-installed it. I love 40k, but this is an aberration. Nevermind the pathetic marketing efforts the team made, even on fullchan (see >>>/ec/ )

It was the bigger, better Starbound, at least as far as I remember. Promise the moon instead of a good game.

What gameplay I saw looked like a worse version of the Space Marine multiplayer. I liked Space Marine multiplayer, but without the asymmetry you mentioned and they promised, that doesn't really work for factions besides Chaos and Imperial Space Marines.

Pity that all the attempts fell through, the initial offering looked like it could have been fun.

As somebody who actually was following NMS's devolpment, i'm baffled that so many people are this butthurt since 90% of the stuff they are complaining about the game not having is stuff that was obvious the game wouldn't have if they bothered to do research.

And then to top it all of people get buttmad and act as if the devs lied and never intended to have it to begin with when it's blatently obvious that it was a feature they cut late into devolpment

Since I'm marathoning the arkham series right now(currently 100%ing city), is Knight bad in general or is it worth playing after it's been fixed?
It HAS been fixed, right?

It has. It's not bad if you like bamham. It just had an awful launch, akin to wow expansions.

really?

I guess I have had a pretty good year, I think the worst game I have played is "My Summer Car" and it isn't that bad it's just a lot of wasted potential as survival mechanics ruin it.

it was actually 3 years ago.

Not on PC.

I think the only game I played from this year that was a big disappointment was Battlefleet Gothic, it's like Dawn of War 2 minus all the things that made DoW2 fun.

I just remembered I tried these this year, they are the first F2P games I have played and they are exactly as shit as I expected.

I know F2P is all about extracting shekels from retards but I really want a decent MP tank game and would happily pay to own it so long as it wasn't built around grinding.

Same refunded it before 2 hours because it just seemed like progression for the sake of progression.

As a rule anything with 40k or WHFB attached to it, I don't buy for months after release.

People will say its good just because of the setting.

Both these games aren't even that bad, the grind is just unbearable.

Armored Warfare
Battleborn
No Man's Sky

Just off the top of the head.

/thread

Hillary Clinton's campaign, I'd say.

I don't know as far as video games go because I can't even remember what fucking came out this year besides SHDW (which was alright but nowhere near as good as EYE).

Was NMS this year or last year? Because it was a pretty big fuckup.

The issue with WoT and AW is that they aren't actually tank games, they are weird RNG strategy games with tank-related skins. The vehicles don't control like proper tanks, there's no sense that you're doing anything other than controlling an avatar of stats designed to look like a real world tank. They are more similar to ASSFAGGOTS than something that's meant to invoke the actual feeling of controlling an enormous metal machine.

dota 7.00

This nigga gets it. I still cringe that fags call those games "realistic" when they are beyond unrealistic

What is worse, a failure everyone talks about, or a failure everyone has already forgotten?

What is it with so many devs fucking up a setting that shouldn't be that hard to fuck up?