Legendary beat 'em up series Double Dragon is getting a sequel by one of the masters of sprite art...

Legendary beat 'em up series Double Dragon is getting a sequel by one of the masters of sprite art, my much admired Arc System Works. How excited are you Holla Forums?

I'm surprised they didn't make a Double Dragon Neon 2, either way this is a welcome addition.

Don't think anyone really cares about Double Dragon. Either way; unleashing the ogre is one of my favorite game tunes.

Probably because WayForward was and still is busy with Shantae.

Hype is fucking stupid.

Not even remotely. Contra Hard Corps blew chunks and ASW has already raped their one claim to fame into the ground.

It's Megaman 9 all over again.
I guess if the gameplay is good it could be fun, but this is pretty disappointing all around considering the developer's famous sprite art. The only guys who do this stuff better are SNK.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
FUCKING HIPSTER NOSTALGIAFAGS, FUCK YOU ARCSYS

Why use the Nes sprites? Arcade always looked better back then.

Fucking kill yourselves Arc System Works.

Another cheap NES nostalgia cash grab.

If the "nostalgic graphics" route was something mandatory, they could have tried to be more original and use the graphic style from the ZX Spectrum port at least

I bet you stupid fags have never even seen a DD2 arcade cabinet. Fuck yourselves. It's a lazy sequel considering DD3 was like 25 years ago, but if it retains the gameplay and has decent music that's all that matters.

It directly impacts the game you fuck

Feel free to commit suicide before someone helps you along kike.

Neon was done before ASW picked up the rights. I'm actually glad it isn't Neon 2, Neon was written by someone with a poor sense of humor and and even worse grasp of 80s pop culture. It really detracted from what was otherwise a very well-made game. On the other hand, I'm not thrilled with what appears to be chaining jumping attacks either. I'll probably get this anyways, it looks fun. Maybe one day ASW will actually make new Kunio and Double Dragon games instead of slapping a couple new features onto the same old assets and calling it a day.

YET NOT A ONE OF YOU BOTHERED TO REMEMBER THAT DOUBLE DRAGON 4 ALREADY CAME OUT ON SUPER NINTENDO.

I bet next you'll tell me that Double Dragon V was Double Dragon 5.

This, DD2 NES remains the best (and best loved one) to date except perhaps the original, the arcade game is completely forgettable, might as well go the whole nine yards and complain that it's not 3D rendered.

it was ok but the soundtrack and humor are the only reasons it caught so much attention.

I do hope you mean Uprising

Honestly that's another reason to be grateful they didn't try and wow is with their amazing japanimation sprite work, HCU looks like crap and I hate their designs. Can /a/ explain to me the fetish for eyepatches on women? What exactly is it about missing eyeballs that's a turn on for the nips?

never4get the GBA game, which is actually cool as hell

the smart phone game is good except it's on a smart phone

That's fucking gay, the original vocal arrangements for DD2 are much better
for what purpose? Huge DD fan here, even though the NES version of DD2 is the best one, the graphics are shit tier.
Also
DD Advance > DD2 (NES) > DD (Arcade > DD3 (NES > Everything else > Neon

It's like getting WETA to animate The Simpsons.

It's not going to good. I have no hope anymore.

thers a difference between impacting the game and impacting your enjoyment of the game

Most of the time the eye isn't missing. It is just covered up for [insert character development here].

NES sprites held up better in this case.

The NES version of DD2 was way better then the Arcade. In fact DD2 and 3 where both way better on NES, the only Arcade version of DD that was debatable better was the original. That sprite limitation and slowdown was laughably bad.

How will those guys feel about that?

NG arcade is not too shabby

Give me Double Dragon Neon 2 or nothing.

Meanwhile Wild Guns Reloaded came out with actual sprite work and it was developed by 3 people

Looks like dog shit. If they're going to make 2D, at least make the sprites look more recent than 1991

Fucking disgusting, I'll stick with the SNES version.

The V wasn't for Victory, dipshit.

It's not really right to compare Ninja Gaiden Arcade and Ninja Gaiden NES, they are completely different games with different game play. Both are pretty good in the art department too.

If what you mean by "actual sprite work" is they just reused the original sprites but edited it for a widescreen format and its just a port of the original game with an additional Tumblr character and meme dog. Then sure I guess, looks cool if its selling for $1.50

$29.99 FOR A FUCKING ROM HACK?!

Holy what the shit fuck you. Arcade games should never be more than $20, and that's ONLY for shit like the D&D arcade games that have actual longevity. Gauntlet LEgends Dark Legacy PC port never ever

Shit like Wild Guns is maybe $10 fare. Jesus.

Gameplay wise, Super Double Dragon is by far my favorite, I hope 4 takes some notes from it.

what makes you think they won't come with another blunder like neon?

It's Arcsys, not Wayforward.
I assume they're playing it safe with this one to gauge how popular the series is before fleshing out the games themselves.

I assume there will be a version with all the DLC and a few extras released less then a year later for full price.

I like what Arc Systems Work has done in the past but they must have their Junior Varsity team on this shit.

Those female sprites are downright amateurish compared to Double Dragon 2 & 3.

Million worked miracles on Double Dragon Advance. It's by far the best entry yet.

Because the arcade ones where terrible, christ DD2 arcade wasn't even finished.

I wish this meme would die already.

Kill yourself.