Souls series thread

How do I fix this face?

Bukkake.

Shit/10

That's literally less than a minute into a new game (thankfully they included Bloodborn's save preset option)

Xbox faggots killed Dark Souls, not PC fags. Never forget that anons of Holla Forums.

dark souls killed dark souls tbh fam

demons souls community was unparalleled comfy

Put a helmet over your head. One that covers your face.

I don't know how to fix your character's face though.

Dude I love being scraping speared by some dime-a-dozen faggot wearing the monk's head collar, maximum comf.

Maybe my perception's distorted by never going above SL11 on 80% of my characters but that wasn't my experience.

Demon's Souls was indeed the best for a lot of reasons

I was usually that guy, but I would use the baby nail then run away.

why?

I think you mean that you're shit at character creation. DaS2/3/BB all have good waifu makers you just don't know how to use them.

Because it literally uses the same basic middleware face modeling system as fucking Oblivion, AKA potato face master simulator supreme.

Speaking of which, what are some good amazon/barbarian armor combinations?

My Bloodborn PC looked pretty good.

7/10 would cuddle

Looks worse than Oblivion NPCs, fucking disgusting.

Her face looks like a wax figure and is melting.

do all ps4 games look that bad

Yes. They are literally the hardware of mid-tier gaming laptops in a walled garden OS.

You just need to..
git gud

The bandit set. Other alternatives are the lion warrior and mage sets. Loin cloth, brigand and executioner sets might work as well.

Ditch those gauntlets user, Agdayne gauntlets look far better on that setup.

WHERE IS MY MOUSE AND KEYBOARD NIGGAS AT ?

Me and my friend ended up looking like a regular Victorian man and his deranged father. I like it.

No.

(checked)
I have a character with red hair that looks pretty much like pic 3. I think DaSII has best character creator. I haven't really messed around with DaSIII all that much, so maybe it's better.

And PC fags killed the honorabru code I dont see people bowing anymore and everyone estus flask spams in PVP on dark souls 3

You can thank meme youtubers for that.
In particular that Oroboro faggot, who's only known for inventing the falchion R1 spam

You just have ultrashit taste, that's all.

Bloodborne has the best character creator. You could actually make cute girls.

When will the next DLC come out?

you're meant to play this as a normal game where you equip helmets to your character, not as a waifu simulator

best game

The lion mage set would be pretty good for that as well as the bandit set.

no

shit

I'm here. Hundreds of hours in every souls game on PC, using KB+M exclusively.

Is this some sort of feat?

You better not be talking about regular invasions because if you expect that shit in an invasion then you're a huge faggot that needs to stay on reddit where that shit was invented.

If you're talking about mutual duels and fight clubs then you're right that's gay.

You can't call yourself a True© Souls© Gamer© unless you played all games with nothing but a powerglove and Rock Band guitar controller.

They really did manage to fuck up every aspect of that game.

casual

This isn't some dick stroking contest, if you play DS with PPSSPP keyboard controls (wasd tfgh ijkl) it's really easy.

To be fair, a laptop that could run BB at steady 25 fps would be over 1000 euros for sure. In that sense 300-400e for PS4 and 40-50 for BB to top is a more equal comparison.

You had better have named that character waluigi.

It wouldn't matter so much if not for the fact that they will not let dark wraiths use estus because raisins. But there is loyd at least.

Not my character unfortunately, he was made by a guy who went around griefing with the Scraping Spear when the game was relatively new iirc. Pic related.

Now that is funny, I never bothered with the boss weapons in demon souls. A lot of them look fun though, especially the scraping spear. It's a shame they don't have an equivalent in any of the other games, it looks like the ultimate griefing weapon.

I will not be impressed until he beats NG+ maneaters with that drum set.

There's acid breath pyromancy in all the others, and it degrades shit super slow in DS3, but it's pretty okay in the other two

How does one design a good Bloodborne male?

in dark souls 1 it does about 7 points of damage to equipped items tops if they stay in it the whole time.

the choices are basically these

REALLY SLOW. I tried using that shit, and it was basically just pissing in the wind from what I saw.

Make him look like a jew, it will fit the setting perfectly. In fact it might be too appropriate.

Who are any of those people?

I would rather not thanks.

I never bothered with boss weapons in Demon's either, to be fair. Never really used them at all until the pic related in Dark Souls 2, which I stuck to like glue as soon as I got it.

I ended up using the Halberd because unlike every weapon I came across its hitboxes were actually large enough for the weapon itself otherwise everything even longsword straight up missed point blank from a distance it should have hit but never did.

Some good choices. I quit DaS2 because of soul memory.

Google is your friend, faggot

I stopped playing DaS2 for more than SM but SM really did a number on my PvP not just the fact getting red orbs was straight up impossible.

google my dick asshole.

That faggot didn't invent shit. All his builds are the cheapest min/max plus whatever OP ring is in vogue

You stop buying shit games of a franchise that hasn't put out a good one in a while, and then pissing and shitting yourself on the floor as you scream "WTF, I PAID FOR A SHIT GAME AND THE DEVELOPER DIDN'T GET THE MESSAGE I DON'T LIKE IT"? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!"

Get this hothead out of here.

Reminder that there is no reason not to use the Elite Knight set for every game in the series

Knight set is better in every way because of the fluted plate, kill yourself

unless you're talking about Dark Souls 3, in which case while it does look better, the EK set outclasses its stats, therefore making it objectively superior

Yeah, I never finished it. I remember beating the Throne Watcher and Defender and then getting fed up with it. I may go back to it some time, since my brother recently did and found that he didn't dislike it as much as he remembered.

You stopped right at the final boss?

Apparently. I remember dicking around in the Brotherhood's dedicated PVP for a while after beating those two, and also beat Nashandra as a co-op helper much earlier anyway. Ended up just watching the ending online.

Well it's not like you missed anything

I never got round to the DLC, but my brother bought them all a while ago and I've heard they're markedly better than the main game, a few issues aside. I think I'll give the game another go once I've played my Christmas vidya for a while.

I was just talking chest armor, the chest piece looks great compared to the shitty vest
The colors just strike me as bland and flavorless, and every time I put on the coat it just makes me want to wear the plate.
top kek
Speaking of fashion souls, I'm fine with the berserk references, but they keep making it barely possible to actually cosplay as anything other than guts. The sword that's actually designed to be Skull Knight's sword is the Morrion blade, which does make sense, and I guessed that would be the case since hollowing is what I always do for skeleton luck builds, but its only actual similar features are the fact that it has thorns coming down the hilt and it comes off the cross guard kinda spikey, otherwise it doesn't have the same design at all. The closest straight sword I can find is the lothric knight sword and the closest sword in general I can find is the pontiff's darkmoon blade.

Enjoy getting stun locked by most fully upgraded weapons.

just like roll nigga haha

Yah tell that to a flipping havelmom

What's get's me though is that the Elite Knight set looks the best in DS1 than it does in it's sequels. It always looks off in the later games.

It only looks good modded, faggot

This guy knows what's up

Slap on the Elite Knight helm with the Knight Armor for the best look. Shame you can't do the same in DS3 as the metal looks completely different.

I noticed that too

Both are good. Still, the EK/Knight helmet combination metal clashing problem is something that needs to be solved in the next successor series- hopefully a couple years down the line a the earliest- and it'd be easily done by just giving an open helm/closed helm toggle to various helmets so that either set or their equivalents can have either look.

Personally, I particularly liked combining knight chest with EK limbs & a chain coif, gives a nice ramshackle man-at-arms look. If I'm not mistaken, the lamellar & chain skirt is on the chestpiece in the knight set and on the legpiece on the EK set, so it doubles up the skirt in a fashion I thought looked interesting.

So you want to fuck Grifith?

I'm 12 steps ahead of you

Holy men don't need one single banner to stand under

It looks nice but it's so overused that it gets really old to look at and in the case of DaS1 is often associated with new players since "guides" always tell them to grab it along with the drake sword.

I kek'd

Anyone have any other templates?

I never understood why anons would try and make good looking characters in a souls game. I always made pissed off old men for the sake of the setting and atmosphere. Have the "Fuck, I have to deal with this shit again?" mentality.

Also, I was thinking of replaying through Dark Souls III with all the updates and DLC but the patches keep fucking up after the first one. Anyone else get past this?

Personally I enjoyed making gentleman adventurers. But the old, angry asshole who just wants to fucking die is also good.

In DeS i made:

-BBS focused character

-Magic focused character

-DBS focused character

-Guillotine Axe focused character (my favorite build in DeS, i make it Crushing)

In DaS1 i made:

-STR character

-DEX character (backstab/bleed/counter)

-Magic character (starts off weak, becomes OP)

-Pyromancer

-Dragon Bone Fist focused monk-like character wearing the monk chest and the sack

In DaS2 i made:

-STR character

-DEX character

-Hexes focused character

-Initially a Faith character that was strong as fuck, then it got nerfed into the fucking ground

-Double poison spotted whip/poison bandit's daggers/manslayers, with some poison pyromancy on the side, one of the most fun characters, if not THE most fun character i've ever made in a souls game

-Dragon Bone Fist focused character

In DaS3 i made:

-STR character

-STR-DEX quality character (this is basically the main way DaS3 is intended to be played and the entire game caters to it, it's boring as fuck) (this is also my fists weapon enabled character)

-Tried to make a magic character that magic is so fucking boring i gave up and turned him into a pyromancer, it's kinda ok, nothing special but at least more fun and less nerfed than pure magic

In BB i made:

-Character focused on the blades of mercy and burial blade

-Character focused on Beasthunter Saif and Whirligig Saw

-Character focused on Stake Driver and Beast Claw (with the beast rune)

-Character focused on Logarius' Wheel and Kos Parasite (with the milk rune)

-Character focused on Chikage and Rakuyo

-Character exclusively focused on Bloodletter

-One last character specifically made to replay the game over and over on ng++++whatever focused on Beast Claw and Church Pick

Objectively speaking, especially pre-miracle nerf, DaS2 has the widest range of builds.

BB has the lowest range of builds.

My favorite is still BB, i've had more fun playing (and replaying it, to this day) it than any souls game.

The game that bored me the most to tears is DaS3.

I still consider DaS3 to be better than DaS2 overall, even if DaS2 had really fun builds, it was still a shit game overall and worse than 3, anyone saying otherwise is delusional.

DaS3 bored me more but it was objectively speaking better than 2 by miles.

I wanted to create separate thread, but I guess it's ok to use this one.
Is ashes of whatever worth buying/pirating/getting?
Or it's better to wait until they release all DLCs?
How long will it take them?
Do I start new character or use my NG+5 one?

I use estus in duels occasionally for the sole purpose of pissing someone else off

Either pirate it or just wait for the eventual rerelease that has both of the dlc packs. The main issue is that it's extremely short and the bosses are kind of shit. It's supposed to be 2-3 hours or something, but it's extremely short if you have the faintest idea of what you're doing, but the arena is nice but you don't get any fucking cov items from it last time I played making trying to get them more of a pain in the ass.

It's fun for a few hours, but it's endgame hardness while giving you mid game souls.

It's the most disappointing Souls DLC ever released.
It's short, crappy, and only has a couple of semi-cool things.

It's worth exactly 5 bucks.
Any price they ask over 5 is literally stolen money they're taking out of your pockets for free.

nigger you are the cancer.

If they don't show up to the world via soap stone, honor means nothing.

nani are you talking about

if you had more fun in 2 then how come 3 is better? i also dropped 3 after few locations or so

I guess you never played the DkSII DLC
better then shit isn't good or remarkable famalamly

Being shit due to being extremely boring is better than shit due to large portions being shit. 2 is probably alright if one can get somewhat far into it, but a lot of the animations and the colors prevent me from getting far into the game. I've heard the pvp in 2 was a lot better than 3, but any pvp is better than 3.

I disagree.
The DaS2 DLCs contain some interesting stuff you can ONLY find in those DLCs, out of the entire series.
Specifically a couple of instances of creative uses of NPC invasions.
They also had really interesting weapons added, i'd say only BB DLC had more interesting weapons out of the entire series.

I think that's enough to deem DaS2 DLC at least decent.
If you want to shit on it to the point of just calling them all shit, go ahead, i don't really care about DaS2 all that much, i just care about objectivety.

And objectively, DaS3 DLC so far is worse than any DaS2 DLC, both in content and quality.
DaS3 DLC boss fight is better than most of the boss fights in DaS2 DLC, but that's about it.
Plus i think the INCREDIBLY shitty humanoid NPC "boss fight" cancels it out by how fucking lazy it is.

Allow me to clarify:

I had more fun with DaS2 due to build variety and because i was less burnt out on the series.
I had less fun in DaS3 because it had less build variety, and i was also more burnt out on the series (in fact, i assume most people that played 3 were burnt out by then, it's inevitable).

2 is shit but it contains fun elements, it's like a fish struggling to swim upstream, the struggle of finding interesting elements in it that are NOT CONTAINED in other souls games, plus my own passion being somewhat still fresh, made it fun at the time.

3 is objectively a better game.
It's more cohesive, it's more polished, however at the same time it's also grinded down to an even, tasteless pre-digested paste that you eat, and then shit out the next day and it comes out in the same shape and smell it came in.
Objectively, i have to declare DaS3 the better game.
But personally, by the time DaS3 over it left me bored.

What i feel and what is the objective quality of these games are two different things i mantain separated.
Additionally, a big portion of why DaS3 left me empty and bored is that BB came before it.
Who knows what would have been my experience if i played BB before DaS2?
Perhaps i wouldn't have even bothered to find the positives in it, maybe i would've been outraged to the point of straight up dropping the game, due to such a whiplash effect in terms of quality.

the only thing people find remarkable about the DLC was the NPC artificial intelligence. However, poison town, ugly brown fire tower and medieval silent hill where not well designed. Sir Alonne was the only cool boss and it was easily in the lazies king bowser's castle DLC of all three.

holly shit I totally forgot about Ivory Kang. That generic gangbang trash was cool ass fuck. Muh totally epic lake of fire, under a snow level guys! muh lore, muh reverence to izalith! Supper creative and well designed boss bro! I summoned all my friends and we had alot of fun! It was just like my favorite MMO word of warcraft!

Thank, I guess I'll just replay the base game, since I love it so much.
Also r8 my manly man warrior I'm going to roll, since previously I played as a mage trap and then as a fencer woman.

I'd drop the forehead down a little bit and move the nose back into the face a little bit, but I like it otherwise. I prefer throwing a scar over the eye and making that eye blind for aesthetics.

lel

It was ok presentation wise but mechanically unimpressive.
Fume Knight is a much better example of a noteworthy DaS2 DLC boss, but ultimately the whole "It's Artorias, but X", has been done better elsewhere in the series so it's only notable up to a point.

Thanks

No idea who that is, buy yeah, looks similar. Is he a good guy or some numale?

You can like the fight without being a leddit faggot user. What's bad about it? His moveset might have not been especially inspired but well enough, the arena was nice, music exceptionally good, and i liked the idea of fighting his troop of knights with my troop of knights.

Also first dubs in first 15 minutes get to name my fresh hobo. Otherwise I'll name him something myself.

not an argument

Fume Knight was much better then Ivory King tbh.

weeaboo fuckboi

Penis Smeller

well done

gg

get crackin'

Wow, Elder Scrolls 6 looks amazing OP

Oh my fucking god, here we go

The absolute mad man

Thine dubs decree thou musn't turn away from our heavenly father. I trust thou shalt brandish thine blade in the name of the holy divinity? make a STR/FTH build you fgt

I'm usually not bothered by games being condemned to consoles, but Souls games really lose a lot without multiplayer, and eventually PS3 online will be ded. On top of this DeS is the best souls game.

We postan husbandos and waifus?

Levelup vigor. Only vigor.

Dude, no.

This is a BB waifu

2 is better than 3.

Seriously nigger? I made a great happy spic cleric in minutes in DS2 and had a grand old time.

Is there any possibility of making BB's PvP any fun?
I only have 1, technically 2 trophies left, and I want to somehow squeeze more fun out of this game.

If you think collecting all of the trophies marks the end of the replay value I think you're approaching it with the wrong mentality

So you know what I was thinking? I hate bumper fighting. I don't think the fight buttons should be bumpers because it makes me feel like I'm shooting a gun or something, and it's just another button, but I don't like this button setup. So when I played Berserk: Millennium Falcon, I got exactly what I wanted, and I even saw the tons of places that From basically stole ideas from, to include the heavy charge swing, which was made into the UGS sword art in 3. Square does light, triangle does heavy, circle is dodge, and then, boy oh boy, here's the kicker, your block button blocks, but if you time it right you get a parry right into a repost. I feel like the game would have been a lot better if it used this control setup, and it would have made parrying exactly the same, but functionally requiring more skill; if you hold block, you won't get a parry off because you've got to tap the button at the right moment to get the counter, on top of that blocking slows you down in B:MF because you're holding your sword in front of you. If from didn't halfass their theft they would have had a much better game functionally I think.
Of course you get to the problem that parrying presents, which is free damage, but I think parry damage should just be regular attack damage and at most a heavy attack damage sum; the damage is already free, I don't see why one mess up should equate to a kill.
this is video games faggot
On top of that, another problem would be spell casting, which if you had a spell tool on your off hand, you have one button for spell casting and that's it. With any off hand weapon, this does create the problem of making all offhand weapons just attacks or making them also have a parry, which my answer to that would be, off hand weapons that are not shields should be attacks solely, and holding the button could possibly give a heavy strike while taps give you light jabs. Bumpers could then easily do simple face button combos; L1+any face button to use one of the four items you preset to that wheel, L2+face buttons to use your second wheel, which then gives you 8 slots for items that you can memorize your own button presses for, R1 to focus an enemy and R2 could do some other thing, maybe that could be your strict heal button, maybe tie healing your health and your mana at the same time so players won't chug unless they absolutely need it and they're low on whatever they think they need next; it makes players who use offensive magic builds safer, but it could be designed with some flaw to balance that too.

But…
I can only try two different builds.
One already has to beat the game thrice to get every trophy, and the builds are more limited relative to DS.

are you even trying to have fun?

Strength, skill, bloodtinge, quality and any hybrid is viable, what are you talking about? The only one that's really difficult to focus on is arcane and it's still possible. If you just want the cheevos you can go ahead but it's a pretty dim way to try to squeeze value out of a game

Gays not welcome

The DLC items and spells made pure arcane a bit easier

I've done strenght and skill, strength and arcane, and I'' now doing a chikage&evylen build just to get the last ending and terrorize poor faggots trying to get help with bosses.
Skill and arcane will probably be my last playthrough, but even then I already know what it will be like.

I disagree. The bumpers/triggers allow you to use your right thumb for camera movement and if the attack buttons were all face buttons you wouldn't be able to play the game without lockon.

I totally agree about parrying though that shit is broken and makes the game completely trivial once you learn it. I refuse to play souls games with a build that doesn't exclusively use dual wielding, two handing, offhand ranged weapons, or shields that can only bash because otherwise I can't resist the temptation to parry.

Claw method, and I only ever need to use the camera when I'm running away or I'm mid attack, which still forces me to claw out
again, claw method, advanced techniques need advanced placement
I had exactly one build that used a parry shield and it was for the sake of roleplaying the devout warrior of god, red and white blessed shield is a great item to get strictly for that. Whenever I do a magic man or a holy man I always put the cast tool in the left hand and forget my shields at the box.
I think eagle kite shield in DS3 is the best starting shield for the reason that it's one of the few 100% shields that does something besides a parry.

DS2 dlc was great even if unfinished. In ds3 dlc is just one semi boss and one boss with small area around it. I was expecting at least few evenings of gameplay and got a couple of hours in blind playthrough. They better release a gigantic dlc nest time.

haha, of course user

you realize Demon's souls is only the best Souls game because there are not a hundred million faggots shitting it up.

BB PvP would be fun if there wasn't connection issues and if Sony made PSN free again.

what are you talking about? There are two bosses and both are good bosses and the world is actually well designed and interesting to explore. People are sperging because DkS2 has three bosses but one of the three where copy paste bosses like smelter 2.0 or gangbangs with Graverobber, Varg, and Cerah.

Explore? IT WAS 2 hours long! While ds2 dlc had unfurnished rooms half of time but there was plenty of them and fucking labyrinth of a map.

the ultimate boss weapon is the soul sucking spell from the maiden in black, remove precious soul levels from newfriends

I think its not hard to find cheap ps3 today to play it.

your opinion is objectively shit. Quality > Quantity

DS3 dlc is bad from any perspective. And you are faggot who cant even argue about anything.
But arguing on Holla Forums/v/ is stupid thing indeed. (8) and all posts are shitposts.

Why is that relevant when the quality isn't there either?

wew

What a great day.

^ this user is smarter then you are