FF XIV General

RED MAGE EDITION

Fanfest announced Red Mage job
Swimming/diving announced
Diving is for 4.0 zones only
No underwater combat
Underwater gathering
Flying mounts can go underwater
you can't drown (you learn some BS FFX technique in a 4.0 sidequest)
Lamia beast tribe confirmed
guy who made the Vagrant story and Final fantasy tactics is going to make the new 24 man raid storyline for 4.0
Guy who made Onimusha 2 will be designing the look of the new raid bosses
Garo and FFXIV crossover event announced

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/WRRVJ
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/16149508/
fflogs.com/rankings/13#boss=34&metric=dps
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Heavensturn/
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/e6f4670ffb7ec7569e3bb6d38ccbccadbd02c538
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/8067088/
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2967019/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We snek now

Stupid phone, wasting dubs

wait, you couldn't swim in this game before?

also the 24 man raid being ivalice related makes me hope for vieras

I hope so. They mentioned Vieras as a playable race when 2.0 came out and they still haven't fucking added them yet.

New 24 man raid: "Return to Ivalice"
New Savage raid: The Bend of Time - Omega

Welp, guess I won't be doing Omega since everyone I know fucked off somewhere.

It's also going to have a normalfag babby mode.

I would start playing FF14 in an instant

is this garbage f2p yet?

nope, its square

They would rather let it burn than turn it f2p is thy had no choice

if 11 still isn't then this one won't be for at least another 10 years.

ARR's lowest playercount was higher than XI's peak playercount. XI has been P2P for something like 15 years and is down to something like 25k subscribers globally . Do the math.

Is there a free company you folks have got that I can join? Red Mage and now this Ivalice thing has definitely got me wanting to play this.

Don't join any 8ch related FCs. They all fucking suck.

The two Holla Forums FCs are having an autistic civil war right now. I don't know why, but it probably involves both of them being faggots. I've got an FC on Balmeme, but good luck creating a character on there (It's so populated, it's perpetually closed to new characters)

Good to know. Been talking with friends, from here that played BDO, about it saying pretty much the same about the 8ch FCs.

Where are the qt [email protected]/* */ @?
Male [email protected]/* */ preferred :^)

if you want to do raiding and such hit one of the better servers but now everyone basically seeking refuge there.
of course i moved to Gilgamesh about the same time most of the good players from ultros left to there
of course you can still run the cheap sub which is 12 bucks and you still run a character on muti servers but again doing the story is pretty slow i mean you got half a year to play catch up

If that's enough to drive you off, then good fucking luck, m80.

Vieras were the base race for Au'ra. I believe that it was mentioned that they were used as a starting point by Yoshi. It's similar to how Chemist was used as a starting point to Astrologian.

It never will be. FF11 still has a subscription.

What server are you on? Also, there are high number of faggots, both literal and figurative, in ff15. You may need to learn to ignore a few special cases regardless of what FC you end up joining. I know there are a few special snowflakes in mine, but they generally keep to themselves when they aren't being emotional as all hell. Since we're nearing the end of the expac, the population in general is super low. The same thing happened in ff11, so the FCs you find now with regulars are generally going to be the people that stick around for the long haul. When 4.0 launches, there will be a ton of new players and FCs, but most of them will quit. Having said that, some of my alts are in FCs with one or very few players, but I like them enough to stick around. A lot of players left their fcs to join their raiding buddies too back during the hell that was early to mid Alexander.

Ultros has lost a lot of regulars, but there are still a good number of decent players there. Also, it's 20 shekels to transfer, which keeps more people from leaving. Having said that, I have an alt on Gilgamesh and there are some really good people there. It's generally populated at the odd hours of the morning, so there's a higher chance that you'll have fc mates up that are willing to help. However, there are a good number of erpers, but I've noticed them on Ultros as well.

Where in this thread can I possibly extract any of the information that you're quoting? It just sounds like we need an FC that isn't gay.

m8…there was like, the bottom quarter of a single thread where people were flipping out, the two haven't had any problems with each other since.

You mean autistic retard in this thread who knows nothing about how to play the game and admits to making up what he said about the FCs?

Guy admits to doing everything just to stir shit near the bottom of the thread:
archive.is/WRRVJ

the guy's id is eac422

nWo is shit
SMUG is shit
Those two took over two fucking generals with autistic screeching, which nWo started because 'having TWO FCs is detrimental to the playerbase of 8ch."

Get over yourself faggot.

And you stop fuckin lying.

Fuck me right?

be alaskan play on NA servers i have no problems mate do you live in the Antarctic or something.
I also play mch and still do pretty gud dmg

He said he's an ausfag

tonberry is open right now to make characters on though?

it's still not gonna be great unless you use a vpn though, still better than NA at least

I'm not going to pay for a sub on the off chance that I might get a chance to make a character on Tonberry.

I know you can switch in any job you like, but do you guys think any of the jobs are particularly interesting or active to play compared to the others?

I just got here dude. What is even going on. Holy shit I ask about the FCs and immediately I'm assaulted by violent autism.

This is why you should just pick whatever server and go along with what happens. As for jobs, what do you even like to do?

it's literally open right now
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

Go to bed, Rein.

user, listen to me, alright? Don't go with either of the 8ch free companies. They're all garbage and holy shit the infighting makes me glad i'm not a part of them. Just pick a server you like(i'm on hyperion), find some friends in dungeons or whatever, and join a company naturally. You'll have more fun that way. Hell, if you come to hyperion, you can always join my small company.

Literally who?

So you're saying it's a pure coincidence that you're making the exact same complaints as a DRG that macros his skills, regarding the exact same FC that you have never had any contact with, an FC that has, in two years, only had a handful of incidents regarding hyperautists, in which we have lost more members to mid-patch lulls than to any sort of infighting?

Go in solo once you hit level 17 iirc. You'll be able to get a feel for the classes very quickly and easily. Go in with a matched party for random multiplayer and you'll get a pretty good idea of how jobs can play. You'll have a better idea of what you can do if you manage to get decent players with the same job as you. It's great xp till like the mid-50s too and it'll get you a high level weapon that can last until the next expac.

The good thing about potd is that it's very easy to carry bad players in there and the queues are pretty fast for dps. Tanks will more than likely have a much better time with dungeon grinding, because they have very fast queues, but it's a bit harder to carry in there.

=WELL, I'M GLAD WE SORTED THAT SHIT OUT, NOW LET'S NEVER TALK ABOUT THIS AGAIN.==

I would want to play a support job, but I imagine I'll have to do plenty of solo fighting while catching up. I'm into whatever as long as I don't just stand around doing basically nothing.

I main DRK (i264), the only macro I use is for Living Dead so healers know its popped.
Rein sounds like an Au Ra name. I'm a c@

Sorry for accusing you of being a lolDRG niggerjew but you're still a faggot if you're basing your entire opinion on two FCs based on a single thread in two years of these threads

Bard, Machinist or Astro sounds like something you'd like but two out of three of those are HW jobs so you won't have access to them for a while. AST is especially fun because the buffs you have a huge impact on some jobs and they'll love you if you don't fuck them up.

I'm basing my opinions off of what I've seen of nWo/SMUG shitflinging that has happened for more than one fucking thread, you dipshit. The first time SMUG reared its head, nWo faggots immediately jumped on them, and no that isn't in the fucking archive thread linked. It was the very first thread SMUG showed up, mentioning they were former TERA players.

You doublenigger fuckboy nWo apologist.

Pretty sure I also mentioned asking my friends, outside of these threads.

Do you know how i know that you're from cuckchan(xivg)?

Oh, please do tell me, because I've never been to those. Call me your cuckchan bogeyman.

It was in one thread, followed by professional shitflinger Rein Shaker making sure to bring it up in every thread between then and the jew being named. That's essentially one thread of out of game exchanges between nWo/SMUG, followed by pleasant interaction in-game and in discord, out of hundreds of threads since we decided to make an 8ch FC back in january 2015.

He did everything? The two FCs discord together?
I saw the post in the archive "Yeah, I did the shit, thought I had another week" or something along those lines.

I think nWo sucks.

And I was the second member of it.

Yeah, the two FCs have been on good terms since they actually talked to each other. We spent quite a bit after that wondering who was constantly shitposting about nWo/SMUG being full of trannies and faggots, since nWo's as Holla Forums as it can get, turned out it was some newfag lolDRG who unironically believed it when someone told him 8ch FCs were gay and obsessively posted about it in every thread afterwards.

You got screencaps of this shit? Show us how we were all played like fiddles.

Just look at the archive, look at the posts with the ID eac422.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/16149508/
In past threads, he was the "hyur pride" faggot who talked about making a Hyur Youth FC and shat on non-hyur posters regardless of whether or not they were avatarfagging. In the archived thread, someone decided to do a player search on ~50 DRGs to see who the actual FUCK would macro their oGCDs, and it turned out to be a humongous faggot the likes of which we never expected to see.

Didn't it start with him wanting to macro his potions?

I don't have a face.

Whats a hyur?

Its the basic human race.

Jesus christ.

Paladin, White Mage, Black Mage, Monk and Summoner are the only non-force multipliers in the game. They're generally considered bottom of the pack, because buffing classes will always be superior regardless of what mmo you're playing in comparison to purer classes. Having said that, the game isn't so difficult that you will get kicked for playing them. I think Drk lacks any useful buffs or debuffs, but I would have to look that up.

Bard, Ninja, Machinist and Astrologian carry some of the strongest buffs and/or debuffs in the game, with Astrologian being the ultimate force multiplier in ff14 with no equal. Warriors can buff Ninjas, who can also buff entire alliances with a 10% damage taken debuff. Dragoons can buff bards and machinists iirc. Bards can buff mages, but Machinists can buff both melee dps and mage dps. Scholar has a haste buff and Astrologian has massive dps buffs. They can either give out a straight 20%-30% damage boost to a single target for 30-85 seconds or a 10% damage boost to the entire party for 30-45 seconds.

Thank you for the insight.

that picture ya its unbelievably large amount of unoriginal names do not steal shit going on in ffxiv I have ever seen. half of its from FF series other is anime shit

Most raid groups typicaly run: mnk or drg + nin + mch or brd + blm or smn + drk + war + ast + sch. PLD is a meme. If you want to have everyone suck your dick, become a good ast and reverse heal slut.

you fuckin wot m8
the only non-meta of those are monk and paladin, and both of those are totally fine. summoner is by far the best aoe in the game, and does fine on single target too. black mages are godly on fights that dont need a lot of movement but are fine otherwise too. WHM is still highest throughput healer. several of these classes you mentioned were brought to world firsts, so that shows how out of touch you are with how game balance is.

My static is
BLM, SMN, DRG, NIN, AST, SCH, WAR, and DRK.
the BLM does absolutely abyssmal DPS and refuses to switch to BRD like they said they would before I even joined the static. How can I convince them to stop being a fucking mong?

They also took BiS gear from the SMN who does top DPS

Man the fuck up and boot him. He's clearly not being a team player so you gotta ask "why the fuck is this faggot on your team?" Don't sugar coat that fucking shit, tell him he needs to step his fucking shit up or start packing his fucking shit up.

let's not forget

and it just goes on. so many variations of Song of Ice and Fire names it drives me insane. i mean, i give them props for the different permutations; they get awfully creative after awhile. praise the twelve that FF14 naming filters naturally prohibit "xXxSephiroth CloudxXx" bullshit.

in your case, i'd start with archer/bard, take that to 60, then see how you like it from there. if you enjoy it, stay with it. if you want something similar yet not quite the same, try mch. if you want something thats much more support-y with less focus on DPS, then level up astrologian, with a stop on thaumaturge to get Swiftcast (level 22 i think) and conjurer to get Stoneskin (34).

well, to be fair, when done correctly by someone who knows the fight, BLM damage is up there with MNK, it''s just rare you find a BLM that's capable of balancing CD usage around the limitations of the fight. my best friend plays a BLM, and he blows anything but MNK out the window, because he knows when the blow his CD's for maximum effect. so i'd say to that maybe some practice for the BLM is appropriate, so that the BLM can learn how to maximize cooldown uptime and positioning vs. the restrictions of the fight.

and if that doesn't work, then is right and he's not being a team player and needs to GTFO because he's a fucking faggot and you'll have better luck PFing a pug

I forgot to mention, booting someone from a group because "A third party program says your damage is too low" is a suspend-able offense with penalties of up to three or four weeks. If you do actually have the balls to remove the parasitic fucker, don't mention dps or parses in the ingame chat AT ALL.

There's a reason that I used force multiplier you silly goy. Force multipliers will also always be superior to pure classes. It was true in past mmos, it's true in ff14 and will be true in future mmos. Having said that and just as I had said earlier, nothing in this game is so difficult that any one particular class is required. You won't get kicked in df for being that class, but you can be kicked for especially bad. You can be a brand new player and terrible at your job and still get help from others in df unless the content requires competence from good portion of the team like weeping city or nidhogg.

However, in terms of meta, the casters were largely pushed out long ago in favor of mch, nin, drg and brd combos. Blms are ranged monks and hold a similar spot, whereas Smn is the superior aoe class and a bit more useful than blm depending on adds that need to be bursted down. However, mch and drg also have aoe burst and can buff one another too.

you'd have a point if the force multiplier was way more than what the pure classes bring. summoner's aoe is just too good that it's a top tier job on any fight with any adds (ie, most). monk and blm's personal dps can often overtake the 10% drg gives mch or brd. you'll always have a mch or bard in a group, and a drg or nin, but the other two dps slots are open for casters or whoever else. telling people that whm, monk, blm and smn are bottom of the barrel is flat out lying.

It's not when it's true.

It doesn't come close at all to closing the gap considering that those buffs can easily boost the entire team. You also have to keep in mind that mnk and blm dps isn't that far ahead of the other dps and those buffs will push them ahead and the force multiplier classes have them in spades. Mnk was kicked out by Drk long ago for its int down and Blm is a poor man's mnk while Smn is superior at aoe.

Having said that, casters, pld, whm and mnk currently have no real place in the current dps meta. Nothing hits hard enough to warrant extra defense or heals and the focus of current alex is faster clears. There is a clear group synergy between sch, ast, war, drk, brd, nin, drg and mch that the others can't touch in their current incarnations. If this meta continues, then it will only become more obvious in 4.0's coil equivalent. Having said that, you're free to level whatever you want and the content isn't hard enough to justify any one specific class, but the current meta group is far too synergistic for the others to reach their level. The moment we get another gordias or midas is the exact moment they get kicked to the curb.

Red Mage DPS
Samurai Tank
Dancer Healer

this guy gets it. force multipliers are great, but they only have a strong impact when there is a job in the raid to take advantage of the multipier's effects. a 30% Balance on a BLM during BLM hot-phase right as the NIN TA's a target is going to provide a huge boost to the dmg of that BLM. as great as the dmg of SMN can be, if you want something dead and you want it dead now, BLM is far and away better, and the nature of BLM's buffs is such that they synergize very well with any other dmg increasing buff. same goes for MNK. both BLM and MNK have something most other DPS classes lack: large, stacking personal damage boosts. average DPS numbers are something of a lie when it comes to BLM because BLM spikes up and down much more than any other class does. BLM also tends to spike in a much more reliable pattern due to the nature of Umbral Ice/Aetherial Fire. contrast this with every other DPS class (save MCH, who has a similar spikyness, albeit not as great as BLM) and it becomes pretty clear that you can't trust a long-term average-based DPS approach when seeing how BLM works in a raid setting.

compared to every other class, the personal skill of the person playing BLM plays a much larger factor in ensuring maximum damage is gained (this is also true of MNK). of course this isn't to say that the other classes don't benefit from that same approach, just that BLM is the most demanding; if you suck at timing your buffs and you don't know the fight, you will be an absolutely terrible BLM, bottom of the barrel for DPS, definitely underneath a competent WAR or DRK, and most likely less than a DPSing SCH as well. but when that BLM knows a fight and can time their buffs with the fight correctly, they become a monster. this is only enhanced further the more communication there is. if a BLM can open up and let a NIN know to use TA while the BRD has Foe's active, then the personal DPS increase that BLM will get from a 30% Balance will likely outdo the overall raid damage gain from a raid-wide Balance, simply because the effective DPS of that BLM during that period of time will be spiking much higher than anyone else. you'll certainly get more dmg utilizing "force multiplier" effects to benefit that BLM than you would using them on, say, a BRD or a SMN. naturally, this is assuming single target, as a SMN under these same conditions in an aoe-rich environment will outdo the BLM handily as long as the targets live long enough

so, to maximize BLM damage, you need a BLM that knows the fight, knows when the hold CD's and when the use them, and has good communication with their team to ensure proper stacking of buffs/debuffs during the "hot" portions of BLM rotations. the primary reason you see SMN's doing more damage is that, while the SMN rotation and refresh of DoT's has it's own complexity, SMN is much less constrained than BLM when it comes to maximizing dmg. a SMN just needs enough cast time to put their dots on target, and to find 5 GCD's where they can more or less stand still during Dreadwyrm Trance. this makes SMN much more forgiving when errant aoe is a possibility, whereas a BLM that has to move from their Ley Lines or during Enochian will see their entire "hot" rotation screwed up, and then they're stuck waiting on CD's again.

as an aside, the nature of BLM means a boosted Spear from AST, properly timed, has a huge net positive effect for the BLM. doubly so if the AST can follow it up with a duration-buffed Balance

What so does that mean I can't transfer to those PERIOD or just need to wait for the char creation to open up? Also do I have to transfer immediately after buying the thing or can I let it sit there for a while?

Exodus has even more fucking faggots if that's where you're planning on going. Excalibur is where it's at.

No please, I want to kill things and look good doing it. It's bad enough that morons will flock to the new jobs but I'd like not have my life in their hands.

dancer is gonna either be melee dmg hybrid class forced into the shitty role like brd and mch or idk a tank.
sam tank would kill the game no one wants sam to be a tank.
i'll probably red mage since I'm tired of working my ass off playing mch this whole expansion

FTFY

I'm moving away from Exodus actually. I too fell for the 8ch FC meme and quickly came to regret it as I saw the entire server acts like faggots constantly

Samurai canon skills make sense for a tank, and there's enough DPS already.
Tank is the only class that makes sense at this point for SAM

Negro please.

It doesn't matter as there would have been more dps out of the entire group had it gone aoe. Likewise, providing more dps to the entire group will easily make up for a missing blm or mnk unless they don't have time to dps. Current meta has tanks out of tank stance except for tank busters and in dps stance the rest. Astros bring balance and the massive dps it brings. Schs bring an auto cure pet that allows them to stay in cleric much longer. War brings dps and slashing down. Drg brings piercing down. Brd and Mch both bring dam taken ups and nin brings 10% damage taken up and shade walker, which allows the mt to switch to dps stance much quicker.

While content can be cleared by any comp, the meta has changed so that the casters are largely useless and whm, mnk and pld have been left in the dust. It may not be apparent to most now, but we will see another mnk and pld shunning in 4.0 if things stay as they are. Whm was lucky that Ast was the inferior healer, but that was before all of its buffs and the balance buff. Unless we get more mechanics that require magic damage, the casters will also eat shit when another class can easily replace them.

Gilgamesh or Excalibur are the places to go friend.

So is SAM confirmed despite all the BLU cockteasing they've been doing?

What if Yoshi goes crazy and we get RDM dps and SAM Tank and BLU Tank?

One can only hope.

Is new combat in yet?

There's going to be new combat?

the first livestream of stormblood
the feature list was reworked combat system(We do not know the what is gonna happen just that it was said the combat system will receive some work done on it) removing unused skills or putting them into other skills.

Hol up, they got Matsuno to work on XIV?

They don't mean like WoW's hero class shit do they?

judging the raiding meta by absurd speed kills is fucking retarded, and you're fucking retarded for giving people advice on classes based on it. World first 9/11/12 all have summoners and 10 have a blm.

It's like DRK MCH and AST but higher

now that FFXV finished and launched FFXIV won't be drained of cash and we can have better devs again.
they basically said it themselves they wanted to do more with heavensward but had to limit themselves 1 being the ps3 and 2 because the funding for heavensward was small and shit was being siphon off from ffxiv to help finish ffXV basically.
and i believe they also said stormblood will have better funding and support then heavensward did.

I'm still hoping for it being something like Tera, even though it's unrealistic.

Those classes are chosen for speed kills for a very obvious reason you dumb nigger. If you can't even grasp that basic concept then there is no hope for you.

You just start off with the new jobs at 50 like you started off with the hw jobs at 30. There was also mention of skills getting cut and the lvl 70 skill total being about the same amount we have now. There was also mention of the various buffs and debuffs getting put into new general pools that other jobs that qualify can pull from.

The two 8ch FCs are Concentrated Smug (SMUG) and New Wheels Order (nWO), with the former being the original TERA guild moved over to FFXIV and the latter being the original FFXIV guild. Both are on Exodus.

Apparently, a few extreme spergs were purged from nWo recently and have been in the threads trying to cause drama ever since. Both FCs get along fine.

as you can see, they always jump at the chance to try derailing the second anyone asks about FCs. As for starting out fresh, both FCs have people at max level that can help you get going, though nWo is obviously more established since they've been around longer. Just shoot one of the FCs an application saying you're from the thread when you get going. Also remember that if you do the free trial, trial accounts can't join FCs.

i knew you would do this user.

i've seen my BLM friend spike as high as 3k dps during his hot phase, and this was when he was around ilvl 245. in comparison, the next highest dps was around 1400. 30% more damage from that 3k puts him around 3900 dps. if all 7 of the other raiders were putting out 1400 dps (which they won't, because tanks and healers don't do as much damage as a dps) and you hit them with a 10% Balance, then you would have 7*140 more dps from the raid, not counting the BLM. that's a net of 980 dps total for the raid. 80 more DPS total, using incredibly unrealistic assumptions designed to work against the BLM.

but again, since the tanks and healers weren't putting out anywhere near 1400 dps, there's no way the entire raid would have put out more damage than the BLM would have in the given period of time. so yeah, the 30% Balance on a BLM at the proper time results in more damage than a 10% Balance for everyone, assuming the BLM isn't a fucking idiot and knows how to play his job and the fight he's in.

that's a very bad example user. not every fight has a mountain of HP that just sits there while you attack it. any fight that requires a dps check or needs adds killed ASAP will benefit a skilled BLM over any other job, simply because the BLM can throw out a shitton of burst damage (DRG also excels here).

going by the top ranked BLM on my server (Leviathan) her top DPS for Refurbisher Savage is 3552. that's on par with what seemed to be the average shown by 3/4 dps classes at the end of that fight. i can't find what her highest spike dps is, but my experience tells me it's definitely above 5k, and might be pushing as much as 10k. i say this given that my BLM friend, who currently is around ilvl 260 using scripture/normal Alex gear and a scripture weapon, can easily get 3 consecutive Fire 4 crits of over 19k when Foe's Requiem is on a target. under the effect of Ley Lines and with his Spell Speed stat, he's cranking those out every ~1.9 seconds. we'll call it an even 2s for the sake of ease. at 19k a crit, he's pushing 9500 dps using only self buffs and Foe's.

add a 30% Balance to that and you're talking an additional 1850 dps at least, on a BLM who by no measure has top-end gear. and i'm not even sure if that's accurate, given that i don't know exactly how Foe's affects spell damage. but you could quite easily add a MCH and a NIN on top of this to double-vuln a target on top of Foe's as well.

so tl;dr 30% of a big ass number on one person beats of 10% of comparatively smaller numbers on 8 people.

i should add his 3k dps was from awhile ago, on SephEx, during phase 2 when you have a lot of mechanics to work around.

You do realize that the truly insane parts of BLM's burst comes in the form of raid buffs like Litany, Trick Attack, and a BV Foe Requiem, right? By itself the burst is significantly less. Similarly, any burst that isn't at the start of the fight isn't guaranteed to line up with said raid buffs. Also, saying "My friend does high DPS while RF/PF shitters only did 1400" isn't a compelling argument for a single-target balance on a BLM, it's a compelling argument to play with better people. An AoE Balance in an 8man is simply better than single-target every time.

This is only sometimes true. In your worst case scenario you'll have to wait…about 11.5 seconds before a BLM can begin to lay down burst (Adds spawn while casting final F4 of rotation, BLM has to finish F4 then go through entire Umbral Ice rotation), not to mention that unless Convert is up their AoE damage is okay but really not the best.

It seems to me that your friend is selling himself quite high while comparing himself to bottom of the barrel shitters. You should try playing with a decent group that actually understands how to play their jobs and see how quickly they get annoyed by throwing raid DPS down the shitter because "muh BLM burst"

Also,
I don't think you understand how the Spear works. If anything, using the Spear on a black mage is probably the worst job to use it on. The Spear can only even BEGIN to be considered useful if its usage allows the target to gain at least one more usage of their cooldowns over the course of the fight. BLM has extremely long cooldowns that dictate high-damage times. Unless you can hit every Raging Strikes usage with a Spear, it's far more likely than not to not make a single difference in his damage. It might actually make it WORSE, because CD usage is normally planned around the pace of the fight and causing something to be up way sooner than normal will either result in it being used then at a suboptimal time or just not used until it would regularly be, wasting the use of the Spear. Spear is Royal Road fodder and that's about it.

Double also, you're trying to compare the burst damage a BLM brings to the sustained damage boost a DRG gives. Dragoon is +10% over an ENTIRE FIGHT. A Balance on a BLM is +20/30% for a PORTION of the fight. The net DPS gain of playing a single boosted balance on a BLM works out to be a little bit, but not an outrageous amount, over the course of an entire fight. Boosting a BLM in his opener from, I dunno, 5k to 6.5k (+30%) works out over the course of an entire fight to NOT be a 1.5k DPS boost, but probably something more like +70 DPS. Meanwhile, a DRG is CONSTANTLY buffing a MCH/BRD so their 2k over the course of a fight gets boosted to 2.2k, which is +200 DPS. It's objectively better to give a DRG a single-target Balance and let him buff the physical ranged than it is to swap the DRG for a BLM and give him a single-target Balance.

t. very salty AST/BLM player

You're a bastion of purity in this shitter land

Good shit. I swear it is impossible to not think of Black Lives Matter every time I see BLM.

speed kills are not representative of the games overall meta, and definitely not class balance. if they were, the general meta would be to solo heal or solo tank and we all know that's not viable outside of speed kills or heavily outgeared content

you're not going to bring a caster to replace a drg, but people saying that casters have no place and are bottom of the barrel are fucking retarded. the "meta" right now is war, drk/pal, ast/whm, sch, drg, nin/monk, smn/blm, and mch/brd. the only classes that are almost "must haves" are warrior, drg, scholar, and a ranged.

The meta is WAR/DRK/AST/SCH/NIN/DRG/MCH/BRD because this party composition has the most job synergy which results in the highest raid DPS while sacrificing little to no utility. Thanks to the Hypercharge buff Machinist got, casters have become useless for optimization

DPS is the only thing that matters at endgame. The jobs that can result in the highest raid DPS are indeed representative of the meta. If it were not so, why is Warrior a "must have"? Why is Dragoon?
This is a strawman. Solo heal/tank attempts require specific setups and many times very highly coordinated CD usage. Running NIN/DRK/MCH/BRD as your DPS requires no such high levels of coordination. It's the exact same thing as any other composition, but numerically better.

again, you're retarded for basing game meta off of speed kills. so many mechanics are entirely skipped that you don't need anything but dps. get it out of your head that speed kills mean anything about game balance or meta.

The endgame meta is literally "Do high DPS so you can skip mechanics and kill faster".

that's the idea, but not without sacrificing in other areas. ultimately, it's more up to what skilled people are available for your group. the theoretical best on paper doesnt mean much.

What is being sacrificed by bringing 2 ranged instead of a ranged + a caster and a dark knight instead of a paladin? Here's a hint: Nothing.

also,
I thought you were talking about the meta?

Is MCH still shit?

Total pleb here. How do you guys accurately measure DPS? Wasn't it disallowed by Square to use any sort of mods?

One of the strongest jobs in the game. Still a piano to play, but it's been buffed such that pretty much every party wants one.

i'm saying your theoretical best dps group means nothing. the meta is what's the most viable in endgame content and absolute best group dps isn't necessarily that when you sacrifice other stuff for it

you lose out on the aoe dps and mobility of a summoner, or top tier single target damage of a blm. are you ignoring that fflogs and world firsts both show that casters are extremely good?

So I've got 60 days of game time on a card I haven't started yet because starting means I'm going to need to play this a lot since I'm autistic about dollar paid/hour played ratios and I'm not sure if I really want to jump back in.
Is there still room for white mages? I'm most of the way through conjurer and I want to be a qt healing other qts.

thanks for answer. i haven't played this awhile and i might play it again

there's a retard in the thread that think's whm is bad, but it's still the best throughput healer and you won't have an issue getting into groups.

seeing as he assumed that BLM would be replacing DRG, instead of being in addition to it, i think it's safe to say he's either outright ignoring the data or he's just so narrow-minded about his anti-caster stance that he can't see anyone else's point.

whm is plenty good still.

It's technically against the Terms of Service, but they only punish people for doing it if they harass other players due to low DPS. For example if you're doing Expert Roulette and your tank is doing more DPS than a DPS, you can't say "sorry buddy you're doing less DPS than the tank" and kick him. Other than that they really don't care.

The meta is pump DPS. The absolute best group DPS is necessarily the best for that.

Bard. Don't believe me? Here are the highest damaging players of any in A9S, the most AoE-heavy fight. Are they padded to hell? Yes. For both jobs. And Summoner STILL lost.
fflogs.com/rankings/13#boss=34&metric=dps

Single-target damage means nothing when every add is tuned to be able to be killed by the weakest of DPS.

World firsts show that casters can clear, not that they're extremely good. Like I've already linked. Bards are better in A9S than Summoners are, and Summoners are supposed to be the king of AoE.

If you REALLY want to go the FFLogs route, take a look at static speed execution for any fight. You can say all you want that speed isn't the meta, but every player that isn't yourself agrees that it is, and it's the opinion of the majority that forms the meta.

Any healer is definitely wanted. White Mage is currently the least wanted out of any, because the dev team was tired of people crying about Astrologian being underpowered and cranked the dial to 11 for it. That doesn't mean White Mage is bad, just that Astrologian is extra good.

Only because of Cure 3. AST wins for single-target and in a few AoE situations where fitting in a Cure 3 is significantly harder to do than normal.

didn't mean to link myself, meant to link

lol

user, you're getting silly. Speed kills are speedy by choosing the most efficient combination of classes and buffs/debuffs. It's similar to pvp where the most efficient classes are the ones that generally make it to the top. is correct. Dps has been the meta for a long time and WAR/DRK/AST/SCH/NIN/DRG/MCH/BRD provides the best synergy and the best possible dps. I guess you're afraid that people are going to see your blm for its true worth, but that's ok.

He's talking about anything that can help get him out of the hole he's dug. It won't help. Having said that, I'm really curious what changes Yoshi is going to make with 4.0. He's already stated that they might just delete parry and accuracy. He also said that the number of abilities will roughly remain the same after some are culled. He's aware that some classes are out of whack and he's sure as shit aware of what would happen after the balance buff that Ast got. He has to be planning massive changes to have let that one through. I can't imagine balance remaining at 20% base in 4.0 without some serious healing mechanics to help balance it out. I love Whm, but holy fuck did Ast kick it in the balls and take its spot in line. I'm also hoping that RDM can help bring Mnk into the meta somehow. That or change its damage type, so that it could replace a Drg without losing the debuff for brds/mch, They could also give Blm and Smn a magic vulnerability up, so that they can boost healer and other caster dps. Rdm is part caster, so it could fill that niche as well.

Is there anything particular to WHM that I wouldn't pick up through playing my current class? I know about overhealing but that's as advanced as I've gotten.
I haven't gotten any of the expansions either. I've been holding off until I have a high enough level character for that content

Conjurer becomes White Mage, don't worry boyo. You'll be fine.

Ah I see, cool. What is the best DPS meter then? I would love to see some stats.

But if I don't do a really good job people on the internet will bully me

Advanced Combat Tracker (ACT) is the only one that people use nowadays. You'll have to get the FFXIV plugin for it, and I also highly recommend the Rainbowmage Overlay. Both plugins and their guides can be found with cursory searches.

And what kind of potential punishment are we talking about? Is it a few days or a permanent shutdown of one's account?

then shitpost back

They have a strike system. First strike is 24 hrs I believe, second is 48? and it steps up until you get a hammer. Just don't bully people about DPS or mention numbers in general and you'll be a-ok.

The main thing all healers should do is DPS when they don't need to heal. Keep Cleric Stance on your bars and learn to get comfortable with your tank's HP. If it seems like he's not taking a lot of damage, pop CS on and throw out a few Stones or Aeros. Keep a close eye on his bar though, the last thing you want is for him to dip below 30% while Cleric is still on cooldown or get super-low when you need a full GCD to cast a cure on him. The more you practice the easier it gets.

That's pretty impressive.

no shit sherlock. higher dps is and has always been the meta. but "speed runs" focusing on pushing mechanics off the table with high damage are only something happening right now, when people have farmed savage for 2+ months and are now overgearing the place. the extra ilvls give raids a lot of luxury to change how they do things. is it optimal? for speed runs, sure. for everything else? no, not at all.

as noted, there were a number of casters in world firsts, all throughout the history of 3.0. first pushes with lower ilvl gear are a much better representation of the challenge of the game. blowing through content that you overgear doesn't mean a damn thing. what you and are saying essentially amounts to "we only need 1 tank and 1 healer for ravana ex and this means anything not of this meta sucks." no, what it means is that people have so overgeared the content that they no longer have to give a shit about mechanics.

ill give you guys this; it sure looks like the WAR/DRK/AST/SCH/NIN/DRG/MCH/BRD meta you guys keep harping on about is great at speed clearing content that is overgeared yet still enforces a 2/2/4 setup. however, for anything cutting edge that isn't crushed under player ilvl (i.e. actual challenging parts of the game) casters are more than fine, they're solid dps additions to any group who has the skill and know-how to utilize them.

tbh, i wouldn't be surprised if the guy posting the archive isn't Rein.

That actually runs counter to what I'd been told a while back. I heard healers should keep their heads down because gaining aggro was the worst thing that could happen to them.

No, what I'm saying amounts to "This composition is optimal for the highest raid DPS, anything else is suboptimal. Therefore, casters are dead weight when it comes to the meta, which is being the best."

Rein Shaker couldn't hope to form a single intelligent thought about how to play this game, but I'm tickled that you're so upset as to compare me to him.

Overhealing is worse for aggro than doing DPS. Also, healer DPS is worse than DPS DPS, so it's very highly unlikely you'll overtake them in aggro from DPS alone. Tanks have absurd amounts of hate generation in this game, so don't worry too much about it.

user, you're the biggest retard here and part of why Whm has been getting a series of nerfs and very few if any buffs since arr. Whm is at the bottom of the barrel. Ast is superior to it in every way after an entire expac of buffs and especially after the latest balance buff. Your cure 3 means absolute shit and it's still bs that Holy got nerfed along with Flare while being more expensive than Gravity and centered around the caster. The stun be damned.

Go whatever you want, but feel free to give Ast a try. Mana is a joke to them and their buffs are sought after by everyone with a pulse. Their healing potency used to be lower than Whm, so they received a global mana cost reduction. However, their healing potencies were later raised to match Whm.

Luminous Aether, their Shroud equivalent is 80 potency for 24s at 120 recast. Celestial Opposition with a recast of 120 seconds adds 10 seconds to that for 34 seconds of pure mana. They also have a card called The Ewer, which is 50 potency mana for 15 seconds base. It's essentially a mini Shroud that they can give themselves if rng is kind.

Shroud is 80 potency for 15 fucking seconds at 120 recast. Assize helps by restoring 10% of your mana every 90 seconds, but it doesn't have shit on Luminous Aether and Celestial Opposition. I've personally let my mana tank as an Ast and then shot myself full with that simple combo. It's crazy. Although, Assize is very nice as a dps cd.

A few things I've picked up healing my way through Heavensward:
-You don't need to keep everyone at full health. Sticking Regen on the tank and waiting until he drops below 50-60% HP before you actually start healing him is fine.
-If the tank is chain pulling, don't start healing him until he's stopped running. You're going to want to be on the ball for that, because anything more than 4-5 enemies will usually mean he's going to start losing health quickly.
-If all the enemies you're presently fighting are nearly dead, don't cast Regen on the tank. It keeps ticking even when they're at full health, and will probably still be ticking by the next pull, which means those enemies will be on your ass instead of the tank's.
-Don't spam Holy once you get it. It consumes a shitload of MP per cast and the AOE stun it provides has diminishing returns.
I've yet to unlock Scholar or Astrologian, mind you. This is all just White Mage shit.

Are you really this new? Pushing phases has always been a thing. Forcing Titan to jump during his heart phase before he ground pound the arena was always something that you wanted to see happen. It reduced damage taken by a lot and reduced the strain on the healers. Pushing phases and mechanics out of the way was always a thing in ff14. In general, you had to really overgear the content to see it regularly happen, but that's no longer the case with the amount of buffs and damage that can be put out now.

You can say it, but I still don't think you can accept it. To pick on Whm again, since it is pitted directly against Ast. Given the choice between the two, current Ast will blow Whm out of the water. As dps continue to get stronger, the disparity between Whm and Ast will grow even larger. That 10%-30% damage boost is going to cause their dps to skyrocket much faster than what new gear can do and they will completely eclipse Whm in 4.0 unless something is done.

Tank aggro was buffed a bit when their damage was nerfed by the strength change from what I recall. You should be fine, but watch out for your hots. You're going to be eating shit very quickly if your heal a tank while they're gathering a few groups together unless they made sure to use their aoe enmity tools before moving on.

The more damage you can safely do, the less damage everyone takes and the less healing you have to do and the more mana you save, which means the group can move on that much faster. Feel free to avoid dpsing if you're still leveling and very undergeared or unsure of the instance. Regardless of how much criticism I give to several of the classes, nothing in this game is tuned to the point that you'll be kicked for picking a certain class. No one is going to bail an instance just because you show up as a Whm rather than Sch or Ast. As long as you can keep people alive, the group will be happy. As you gain confidence, you'll soon see that you have a lot more downtime for other things and that's where dps comes in.

Also to aid, pushing dps was always a strat. One tank One healer was insanely common in arr even while the content was relatively new. I still remember when it was 1 tank 2-3 sch and Titan for Ramuh ex.

Casters have been pushed out of it. The world's first will use what is most comfortable to them and not what is necessarily the best. That comes as players explore the various classes and how they sync up with one another. That knowledge is then used in future content. I will fucking guarantee that casters are going to get dropped like stones in 4.0 if things continue as is. It's already been shown that they aren't a part of the most efficient set up and that will hurt them if we start to get harder raids again rather than Alexander.

hi Rein.

people have been shitting on casters since 2.0 was released. people shat all over WAR in 2.0, even after the IB buff. people said it was over for casters and WAR and MNK in 2.0. then things changed. if need be, things will change for 4.0 too.

yeah, once the content was reliably farmable. realistically, no phases can be pushed when you're first learning and beating a fight. partially cause the fight is as-yet unknown in it's entirety, but mostly because the gear isn't there yet. phase pushing even Titan Hard wasn't a thing back when everyone was in Darklight with a relic weapon and 1-2 pieces of AF2. once relic+1 became common place (which necessitated killing Titan Hard) you started to see phase skipping. before then? never.

show me new content that a caster is complete deadweight in and ill agree with your premise. but as of now, all im seeing is "optimal gear + specific group setup + farm status = buh bye casters." a group that's learning a new fight will be more keen on bringing a SMN instead of the "optimal dps" setup simply because it's new content and that non-healer battle rez may save a wipe from happening. likewise, they may bring a BLM and have him hold CD's in reserve for any dps checks that come up simply because nothing will outdo a properly played BLM when it comes to shittons of damage right fucking now.

all in all, it seems you and not-Rein are claiming that only one certain group setup is now viable, and this means the classes left out are in danger of becoming obsolete. what im saying is that the whole premise you guys are functioning on is bullshit. this whole cycle has played out many times before, each time with new content. cutting edge content is not farm content. Alex Savage is farm content now, and farm content means overgeared content that raiders have the luxury of screwing around with to find combinations that work. it's like the 7 PLD/1 SCH SephEx kill earlier this year; niche, gmmicky stuff that works, and can work well, but isn't indicative of fight design or class balance.

all you're saying is that war/drk/ast/etc./etc. is super good at farming farm content that they overgear. this claim that "casters suck and are obsolete" is baseless and just the usual shit that happens when people get comfortable with current content. same with the WHM opinion you have. WHM will not be "completely eclipsed" in 4.0. the nature of WHM is that it's good at fixing damage while maintaining solid MP to HP throughput and high effective HP/s. it's the best at fixing damage done to a raid in a short period of time, because nothing will beat a Divine Seal + Cure 3 + Assize for raid healing in a single GCD. this is all very important when you're first pushing content, but when you have content on farm and you overgear it, being able to flash heal a bunch of people for a lot of life doesn't mean much, because chances are you can anticipate the damage in some instances, and you have much more of a buffer, so the relatively lower throughput of AST and SCH no longer is as much of a detriment.

mark my words, Zurvan will come out and WHM/casters will be totally fine. PLD will also make something of a comeback, as people will be more comfortable having HG and DV available to help with damage on the tank and damage on the raid respectively.

meant to say pre-relic

Are Astrologers or whatever the fuck they're called qts? This is mildly important to me

user, with enough beer anyone can be a qt.

AST quest has purple-haired qt3.14 grill as it's main teacher

later on grill becomes boi for reasons

no phases can be pushed when you're first learning and beating a fight
I see someone wasn't around for A11S progression.

Do you understand the difference between viable and optimal?

Because organizing your composition around what buffs benefit the raid the most is "niche, gimmicky", right? It is entirely about class balanced because these jobs are balanced such that they all buff each other while other jobs do not.

No DPS check requires a BLM. In fact, the timegates in A12S generally have a BLM, if there is one, stay outside timegates because it fucks him up horribly to go in. The lower end of the DPS spectrum goes inside instead. So probably the hardest DPS check (Not that it's hard, just harder than the rest) of this raid tier doesn't even require or want your DPS.

The last couple of these threads have been fucking cancer holy shit.
I love all the mind-numbing arguements over FC choice and people roleplaying as top 0.1% end game raiders, just play the fooken game you faggots.

That's always the case when most the playerbase is finished and tired with the current content. Everyone is waiting for the new hotness and is just shitposting to pass the time. Next patch you'll see a surge in quality threads and then it will slowly decline as it gets old. This is the way of things.

speed kills are literally irrelevant to the meta of the game considering that only a tiny portion of the raid scene even participates in them. they're totally pointless to base judgement of meta and class balance around.
I'm a drg main you nigger

you don't need to keep people 90% hp the entire time and you should be dpsing whenever possible. it's totally fine to leave the tank a tad low and continue dpsing so long as there's no incoming damage that would put them in danger of dying.

don't forget

3x heavensward so something like 36 million.

so egi glamours I was hoping for more than the color swaps or at least onyx

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Heavensturn/
samurai helmet

inb4 people think the annual kabuto is proof SAM is coming.

If only more people understood this.

why would anyone want to play with Holla Forums?
if I want Holla Forums mentality and shitposting I'll go to Holla Forums
there's always those fucking insufferable no fun allowed spergs who think they're the true connoisseurs of imageboards losing their shit at the first whiff of anything "normalfag"

This. If this Black Mage Matters bullshit is indicative to FC quality, I can only see the spergs wanting to join up.

And it's still better then the shitfest of avatarfagging and gayshit that is /ixvg/

And yet both are inferior options to joining a normalfag or raid oriented FC.

Why is she holding three pigs?

I joined an IRL normalfag FC on Sargantas, no one in it except my siblings is ever on and the head is level 43 on one job that is never on. I'm so alone at BLACK MAGES MATTER 60…

I'm avoid to transfer to Balmeme at the behest of 2 faggots, who happen to be the only people I play this shit with. Am I really going to regret this or is the whole Tumblrmung shit largely exaggerated and contained to specific and easy to avoid cancerous areas?

Every day until we like it?

This is why Japanese games are superior.

I mean about, goddamn what a freudian slip

It's a Hume. :^)

yeah no duh. go back to when Gordias and Midas were the hard stuff and phase-pushing on any of those fights pre-farm never happened.

this is why i said "realistically." one fight out of dozens does not prove a point.

On that topic, why do faggots still use the "alien eyes" meme when you make a catgirl with the biggest eyes? Are people so retarded they don't even know how cats look?

they are talking about the size of the eyes not the shape of them, if you make them fucking xbox hueg people are gonna think you look like an alien.

people are retarded? Catgirls should always have huge KAWAII eyes because that's the whole point of making a catgirl. Big eyes = cute, this is like anime 101 even Americans know this trick

the size difference in this game is like nothing, idk how people can even tell which one you picked

Christ, it's going to be hard imagining Phil Lamarr voicing this boy.
If this ever gets a console release + English version anyways. Why is that looking less and less likely?

Or maybe they'll think you look like a fucking cat? Look at the pic again and examine very carefully the ratio of eyes to face

Because it actually looks like a pretty good Dissida game.

>inb4 it means puppetmaster

Christ, fuck this potato

Potatoes are for mashing, not fucking.

Just be prepared to set your smug to 11.
And the only other potato that becomes remotely likeable.

user, around here smug should ALWAYS be at 11

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/e6f4670ffb7ec7569e3bb6d38ccbccadbd02c538
so cross server party finder wew
time to see a bunch of first time bonus come 3.5

Its gonna be fucking Acrobat and no one will see it coming.

Oh boy, now we can have all of our funny PF memes broadcasted datacenter wide

no dont

I hope for their sake that they let you filter out different servers.

Welp, so much for that for tonight.

Would anyone else be down for Stormblood adding a sort of leveling system for individual skills? Like as a white mage, the more you use Cure, the more powerful it becomes over time.

No.

Hell no

Look at these for examples >>11571807

Do you really want the current playerbase falling behind more than they already are?

No thanks, I'll pass. Even with a variant at the end such as a talented version never feels good. Only ever feels like "let me spam this garbage till I get to unlock the REAL spell"

I don't give a shit about the player base. I'm better than 99.99% of them can ever hope to be.

I don't even care if this is bait, you have a fucking brain tumor

It wouldn't even add any new skill just slowly buff one overtime, which is what gear is for.

k

I'm sorry I've already done everything there is to do in the current patch and want more things to do. It must be hard not having everything already done.

Go outside, take up whittling, and read a book nigger

I work 40 hours a week, am on book seven of Robert Jordan's fantasy series "The Wheel of Time" and still manage to get 60 in all classes (with raid gear on SMN, BLM and MCH) while raiding 9 hours a week. This game needs more shit to do.

Jesus Christ user get another game or hobby, if your idea of a fun thing to do is grind out pointless shit just so you can take your mind off the numbing pain of how shallow your life is then play go play some Korean games.

And please for the love of god take your stupid emoticon pictures with you

If you don't think grinding is fun then why are you playing an mmo?

nah

Prolly plays it to ERP as a cat girl with a 2 foot futa cock while and judging from his use of Mike "Shock and Awe
Pence, he probably plays to shout le epik XD fanny Holla Forums maymays in Idyllshire.

I mean I don't make assumptions, but it genuinely confuses me that his only reason is "muh tedious grinding" when other anons had a good point about people being even further behind in dungeons. I still think it'd be a fun thing to do on the side, and it'd make me feel the way I did in VII and IX, those hours of grinding to max out skills and be as powerful as possible. It feels good man.

you can't ruse us

What do you mean friend? Are you implying I'm telling untruths about any of this friend? It is quite easy to accomplish all of this. I'm able to do reading at work because you're allowed to do so when you work at the biggest library in the state. Then raid for 3 hours every monday, tuesday and friday when I get home. When I'm queuing for garbage on a dps, I do crafting and gathering. If you haven't maxed all your classes two months ago, it's simply because you're too god damn lazy.

What's the point of a fucking learning group if people expect you to know the whole fight in it? Levi is such cancer.

typically, they expect you to have at least watched a video of the fight so you have an idea of what you're up against. actually having completed the fight is not required and if it is then they're shitters who are trying to get carried

t. guy on Levi

Yeah, I expect that for shit that's been out for over a month. Figured it was just retarded shit players.

Most PF groups seem to be that here.

You can have that bullshit, user.

Yeah I would definitely join a pack of autists over normalfags. You're dumb.

you're playing the game wrong user

oh yeah? well I'm actually trump and manage to find time out of my day to have all DOL, DOH, and combat jobs at 60, all full bis gear. I also go to harvard and oxford at the same time and am working on 4 doctorates.

really? my experience on Levi has been largely positive. granted i've barely touched savage because of work/life-related stuff, so it's been mostly WT and roulettes with the odd beast tribe here and there, so i can't speak for any savage groups.

one thing i did notice, as early as back in the beginning days of PF, is that you have two "phases" of players in regards to high-end content. the first phase is genuine "come to learn, fuck-ups are expected just don't be intentionally bad" who will take new people and learn shit the old fashioned way, sometimes with video help or a guide, but otherwise just trial and error-ing that shit til they get it. the second phase comes after most people have gotten their kills, and the stuff is "on farm" for a good chunk of people. then you get this latecomer breed that basically wants to be carried and adds stupid requirements like an ilvl that would be impossible without already having the fight on farm status, or expecting people to know a fight backwards and forwards for a "learning" party.

i remember seeing the same shitters in WoW with that whole Gear Score addon that was big around WotLK. you'd have some shitter with a yellow or orange score requiring everyone else to be green or better on gear (meaning overgeared) for content that the original guy barely qualified for gear-wise. chances are you lucked out by avoiding any PF groups led by one of those assholes. Levi isn't Balmeme levels of retarded, but we still get our share of dumbasses.

I'm referring to Alex Savage. I got tired of the PF and managed to get a group through raid finder and did A9S in about 40 minutes with no one having done it before. Fucking raid finder of all places.

People can hardly do fucking old un-synced extremes without wiping. I wish I had your luck. Quit WoW during wrath, but I think I remember "GS" being fucking retarded.

Synced Odin is complete bullshit with randoms. Even Titan Ex went smoother than this

How? Literally just dodge aoes and cd busters.

And guess what's the thing random faggots are completely unable to do no matter how much you yell about it????

So is it true that most of are registered democrats?

you sound like a butthurt lalafell, user

no u

they were bashing trump in fc chat earlier this week, so probably

Do tell

Nigger, are you trying to make us have a disagreement on the internet?

Maybe

(checked)
I'm on to you, satan.

After hitting level 50, how much WUNDERBAR main questing do I have to do before getting access to Heavensward content? If it involves dungeons/raids, how difficult is it to find people for it?

I named my character after a gay porn start, is that cancerous?

it's about 200 quests.
It's not hard to find people for any of them but the trials, and even then it's really easy if you queue around the time it resets

I'm sorry you guys are so autistic you literally cannot contain it in any social environment. It must be extraordinarily difficult to be unable to go more than 5 minutes without telling a """"""funny"""""" Holla Forums meme. You both sound like you deserve to be in an Holla Forums containment FC. Please stay there and stop shouting in Idyllshire.

You've got like 5 primals.

Don't join a gay one, faggot.

Also post your afros, faggots.

If you're such a nigger you can't go more than 5 lines of text without using the word nigger or a le fanny Holla Forums maymay you deserve the Holla Forums containment FC. Please stay there and stop shouting in idyllshire.

you know what you did

I'd rather not constantly be disingenuous around a bunch of lame people I share nothing in common with other than the one thing, which is pretty much how normalfags spend their entire lives. You spend potentially hundreds of hours with an MMO guild. Why would you intentionally cripple that experience? Wanting to be around people you're more likely to relate with isn't autistic, and doesn't somehow automatically entail 24/7 meme spouting. Best experience I've ever had in an MMO was from an 8ch based guild. It doesn't sound like the two Nwo and Smug FCs are that great, but you can still try and find people you actually something in common with. Didn't even say anything about specifically joining those two. Fuck man, It sounds like you're super upset that Holla Forums exists and that you don't fit in with the kids you think are cool.

That's fine too, but doesn't quite seem to be what this guy is talking about. I just find it's very easy to relate with people on here. There's a lot of stuff that tends to lead people to the situation where they actively bother with a place like this.

That user's actually a white knight undertalefag who got mad that his not-girlfriend was kicked from nWo for reporting FC statuses that she thought were "politically incorrect". He has repeatedly argued in threads that anyone who says anything remotely politically incorrect in FC chat deserves to get reported if someone is offended by it, regardless of the fact that if nothing else, nWo allows its faggots to call each other faggots in a ~safe space~ where they don't need to worry about offending anyone, because we're all racist misogynists from 8ch.

Jolyne here also ruined the first 8ch linkshell by linking shit in chat to a faggot who got a member sent to GM dungeon for using the /hug emote on him repeatedly, which, even with emote messages turned off, was considered "spam". How I know this particular nigger is our good pal Jolyne: na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/8067088/

No one gives a shit about your FC drama. Take it out of the thread, faggot.

So what did you faggots do during christmas to make your server better?

This fucking pose though.

I wish I still had the screenshots from when my character was still a c@
All I have now from then is this one cropped pic.

EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME FOR A WEEK STRAIGHT NOW
WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS BULLSHIT POP UP SO OFTEN? ITS THE WORST FUCKING DUNGEON IN THE GAME SINCE ITS WAY TOO LONG AND MINDLESSLY BORING

Because fuck you, that's why.

FUCK YOU TOO MOTHERFUCKER
I JUST QUIT RIGHT AT THE START NOW AND ATE THE PENALTY BECAUSE 30 MINUTES IS STILL LESS THAN WHAT IT TAKES TO CLEAR THIS FUCKING PILE OF SHIT

Next time you'll get it again :^)

Where my highlander bros at?

i know that feel and i have no fucking idea why it happens, it's not even the most relevant dungeon for fresh HW job characters, Haukke Manor would be the most prevalent if that were the case. You would think tam-tara, satasha or copperbell would be popping up the most for the sprouts

AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN
AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN
and again

JOKES ON YOU, I GOT AURUM VALE WITH A NEWLEAF TANK DOING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME HAHAAHAH

Glad to see I meant that much to you fags. Dunno who Moku gag is though and for what it's worth, No reason to believe me at this point but I learned SA actually had a guild on exodus with the tag "GRIND." This was the guild your buddy Beat Box was in. Beware anyone who mighta been in it. Also I regret ever meeting Jolion. Holla Forums was right, he was the guy.

t. Jolyne "dindu" kujoh
if you don't believe it's me I got Lia and mhih their t9 clears when it was relevant believe me or not, hopefully this is the last time raidou tells me I'm being talked about again.

been playing for a week now and I dont feel like rerolling after going this far in autism classes. Maybe when I'll get 1 month veterancy I'll consider it.

what the fuck is this reddit-tier drama?

Odin with randoms is really the worst pain

I'm thoroughly enjoying playing one of these little people. Consistently hilarious. I don't think I've seen another player as one, nor the blue guys or new race. Pretty much all humans and cats.

Who?

Faggots shitting up the thread with their FC drama.

Considering transferring my character to Tonberry
How big of a mistake is this?

doink

great.

Have you been to /xivg/ lately? I don't think you know what /xivg/ is like.

The game is winding down until the expac, so there's very little going on until 3.5 then 3.55 and finally 4.0 in the summer. This is also the best time to make sure Yoshi doesn't fuck over the usual suspects again with nerfs.

At least you know your place on the floor, whore.

You may as well stay where you are at if the only two people you play with are there. erpers are on several servers and are very obvious when they show up. You won't ever get away from them.

Puppetmaster would be fun as I'd love to see a class similar to Masterminds from CoH/V.

You can.

That's usually level 3 and SE being massive jews and not putting a server in the US.

Everything that requires some sort of coordination in df is going to lead to a bad time more often than not. Just look at how awful Nidhogg can be for df or how easily people can still mess up steps and Chrysalis.

It's always Copperbell for me. It's not painfully slow or anything, but fuck does it get tedious.

You'll get a free Fantasia potion after you've been playing for a month, so you can change to a giant muscleman if you want.

Heh

[21:33]Aurion Pax >> I honestly don't remember saying that heh.

How can people be so fucking dumb? Is the Wowfugee meme true after all?

What is this dank meme I'm missing out on? Does FF14 have PvP?

Bought the game a couple of days ago. Is goldsmithing of any value to a DRK? I've been leveling it since armor crafting isn't available yet.

It's not quite like WoW in that there are clear synergies between certain crafting classes and combat classes. A goldsmith can make rings/necklaces for any job, you'll just need a different gemstone for a strength piece than you would for an int piece.

I actually want to do the content blind.
t. Smug guy

you missed the SALUT

It has to do with Exodus' favorite Hebrew

Some autist on Exodus, I only know from a thread on ffxiv forum where he bitch about novice network

OFFICIAL RACE/GENDER TIER LIST

Female Miqo'te

Female Roegadyn

Male Roegadyn

Female Au Ra

Female Elezen

All Hyur be they black or normal.

Male Elezen and Male Miqo'te

Au Ra Males

All Potatoes be they sweet or yukon.

C@!

femroe masterrace reporting in

>>>/xivg/
please

If you're not a Lalafell, you're fucking worthless.

Was there some sort of halfchan exodus while I was gone? I honestly want Felbot and the PvPball cat back, you new people somehow manage to be infinitely worse.

Please refrain from hate speech, thank you :^)

Isn't it just the one fag who didn't really post that much anyway?

Scroll up and tell me if this current infestation is "just one fag".

There's only one dude in the thread who avatarfagged, the twowho images, right?

I dunno man, I'd say the outer tossing around images of their character for no other reason than "haha look at my character" are avatarfags, and outer both saying and responding to "post x (usually x = cats)" are pure halfchan cancer.

Oh wait, you're someone who's very recently posted a picture of your character for no reason other than "hey look at my character". Of course you're not going to call yourself am avatarfag, but I see you for the cancer you are.

Yeah that's fair.

"I am cancer and that's fair and I see nothing wrong with that"
Off yourself.

100% serious, why don't you post on halfchan /vg/'s /xivg/ instead? It's a place that's pretty much designed for you folks to post your special snowflakes.

At least I'm not the fag who came into the thread just to complain about how shit the thread is but didn't actually have anything relevant to the game to contribute or talk about and did nothing but shit up the bad thread even more.

I'm about 100% certain that avatarfagging does indeed shit up threads and make bad threads even worse. So yes, you actually are that cancerous.

(1)
you have to go back

pity that you came back

Always worth a trip into a thread.

That's not the point. I'm not disagreeing with you. It's just that you're not adding anything yourself, dumbass. You nailed us on being cancerous. Awesome. Did you actually have anything to say about the game that you want to discuss or contribute though? Feel free to make the thread better any day now.

Do you think the Red Mage is going to have any low tier support abilities like it does in other games? I might have missed something, but it only really looks like DPS. That OP image has it described as DPS.

So, what do people think the other two classes are going to be?
I still think it will be Samurai and Dancer.

Nothing bard tier, maybe probably one of two utilities. Might be able to take combat raise depending on the xclass changes

Samurai seems to be one of them. I'm hoping for Geomancer otherwise.

I just wanted to post my silly disco look. I shouldn't have opened that can of worms.

well lucky for you gay lord im right here and I just got my 240 Ilvl relics.
Now I gotta grind fucking singing clusters.

You know I really do hope red mage gets some support abilities like haste or double cast. That would be fucking sweet man.

[email protected]/* */!

I don't think I want to know.

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any worse.

SHITPOSTING

So who do you think will be narrating this Stormblood?

Pic unrelated

I want that paissa underwear.

fag tier best tier tbh

WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT?!

You life is suffering and you don't even realize it

Sounds about right.

I don't know if they did a good job or not, but that was the most exhilarating tanking experience I've had in this game.

you're meant to pop cooldowns, if you usually don't use any it means you blow

If you didn't die then they did their job well

Yeah, you need to incorporate your CDs into your rotation, most of them aren't panic buttons.

Use Foresight whenever it's up (it does almost nothing), combine Bloodboath with Berserk and Unchained (pop Infuriate for Unchained before pulling) and aoe attacks for sick life leech, Vengeance is an insane mitigation skill and can be used to tank multiple packs, use Convalescence when Vengeance runs out, combine Raw Intuition with Awareness, spend your Wrath on Inner Beast and remember to always keep your Maim damage buff up.
You should pretty much always have at least one active CD mitigation skill up. Holmgang and Equilibrium are your panic buttons.
If you don't use your mitigation skills because "you don't need them" your healer will hate you.

You goddamn niggers were full of shit as every single fucking time

Modern rules of the internet
1: don't listen to 4chan
2: don't listen to Holla Forums
3: Holla Forums is still always right
4: hell be fine

Give them attention and their ego increases
Ignore them and they get more attention seeking
Can't win

To me it looked like the Red Mage was specifically using Doublecast or something of that ilk in that video. What's even the point if it doesn't at least have that? As for support, it does at least say it will be mixing white and black magic. Hopefully something comes of that.

I know you fags play on Exodus so if any of you see this loser, please spit on him and call him a cheater.

{Thank you.}

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2967019/

What did he do to make you butthurt?

i certainly hope so. be great if they could be used with equal effectiveness to buff physical or magical attacks, similar to what mch does with his two overcharged turrets.

what said. using defensive CD's as a tank means you take less damage, meaning you need less healing, meaning the healer has more time to dps, meaning the run goes faster cause stuff dies quicker with 4 people killing it instead of 3.

also, once you get Deliverance and Fell Cleave, find out about when you are comfortably holding aggro and not taking too much damage then start swapping from Defiance to Deliverance so you can up the dps even more. i.e. on many of the bosses in end-game 4-mans i just stay in Deliverance after my initial opener unless i need an aggro boost for some reason (which is rare). the only fights i stay in tank stance 100% of the time are if it seems the healer is having trouble keeping up with my incoming damage or if it's against something that has a lot of raid-wide aoe, like A12 or SophEx.

i remember in an interview after that yoshi p said that the rdm during the demo was using chainspell to get their spells out quicker. chainspell might be the "doublecast lite" of rdm, or it may be a temporary buff that actually functions as a double cast or something.

although tbh, i can't see a pure 2x full-power spell buff working, at least if it's something that can be put on others. can you imagine double fire 4's on a blm during enochian? or double ruin 3's from a smn in dreadwyrm? unless they balance for that shit somehow, a pure 2x spell doublecast would be ridiculous.

He cheated his way into top 10 in Feast Solo Q by using 3rd party tools on stream and continues to cheat in party queue by win farming random nobodies he sets up matches against.

It sounds like you could easily report him.

I did. They wont take streams as evidence and not like they ever do shit about win-trading anyway.

Really, they don't take streams as evidence? Why? That's fuckin stupid.

SE has always had a burr up their ass about third-party shit. back in ff11 running Windowizer so you could alt-tab without crashing the whole game was a bannable offense.

It was for the best. Hindered (but didn't completely prevent, of course, nothing does) a lot of further cheating. There's always WoW if you need the game to play itself for you.

no, i agree with their stance on most third-party stuff. ff11 was so limited by the PlayOnline bullshit that SE forced down everyone's throat that it's no wonder Squaresoft became SquareEnix not long after. i mean, i get that ff11 was designed for console first and PC second, but you'd think they would have included basic functionality that had been present since Windows 3.1.

Here's to hoping the the next thread is less shit then this one

Fucking niggers in this game bitch about the dumbest shit.Can't sprint during big pulls without having some nigger faggot complain about it for no fucking reason.

Fuck duty roulette. Cancerous cyst of a daily chore.

What happened?

Most of the time that I go into DF, it's very routine with little to no drama. The only time it isn't is when some tank diva doesn't like the dungeon, or is pissed off that the packs aren't dying 3 seconds faster.

unless the rest of the party sprints with you, you're accomplishing nothing except consuming a resource generally pretty precious for tanks

has the 8ch drama subsided on exodus yet?

there was never any drama in-game, it was just butthurt retards that aren't even in either guild being spergy in the threads

Doing expert roulette and I get library hard. I always sprint to avoid damage because the distance between the first 4 pulls is fucking stupid and the healer start whining about how I'm rushing. Fuck me for trying to make shit faster.

I have no idea if they will or won't. It's duty roulette and it's either drooling retards that do bare minimum or I get ilvl 275 weapon wielders that destroy worlds. After doing it every day I figure people want it done a few minutes quicker. Not my fault people want to make shit take longer for no reason other than "muh sub, muh choice". Especially when the rest of the team were casters.

Sounds like you have a case of assumptions. :^)