Games where the Villain is a far better character than the protagonist

Games where the Villain is a far better character than the protagonist

Ardyn made me want more of him by the end, i gave no fucks about Noctis at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yJiaLC8Zs_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Ok6fNDWE69o
youtube.com/watch?v=Mu8C_d4CwfM&feature=youtu.be&t=2m21s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's amazing how they had an incredibly good and interesting villain in Ardyn but bungled it up entirely.
It's like how they had Tifa's successor in Aranea, a character clearly meant to be a part of the main cast with an arc of her own and potentially a love interest maybe but no. No, let's just stick with the same four characters, all dudes, all far less interesting and fun as her.

Or Gentina/Shiva? How is she NOT a party member? How is this aspect not outright delved into? Nope. It just is. Whatever.

And Ardyn, the first oracle/king who took on evil itself to save the world, only to be backstabbed by some other envious guy (probably of the same family) and have his throne stolen from him, get's TWO LINES of exposition. That's it!

Instead we get mediocre, if not hollow, characters and Noctis who randomly has "character arcs", ie game tells you what he feels and changes your stats, when BuffMcCheese yells at him for no reason.

FF15 is pathetic.

If you count Ryu as the protagonist, then Bison is definitely a much better character.

This ones pretty fuckin' strong.

She needed more love.

This thread has filled my heart with rainbows!

All the games where you fight the nazis.

Wasted a perfectly good piece of ass.

Only leftists and Hillary voters think Maxson is a villain.

Raiden has all the warmth and charisma of a glass of water. Meanwhile, his forced rival is a pretty cool guy

that got on my nerves. He's telling you to quit pouting and moping around (even though you are still continuing your main mission) after you lost your fiance and father from a power hungry military coo while he hasn't lost anything yet.

fuck gladio kinda.

both of them were fuckable but we had to go for plain jane Luna.
WHY
is the entire design philosophy of FFXV. they'll be fuckable after they're done with prompto & cindy VR and sell some DLC side missions

*I should say sister still lives. It was also lame how we couldn't see her as a badass in the world of ruin.

Gladio just becomes a dick for no reason.

and not seeing timeskip mature cindy was a crime against dick.

you could say seeing any of the best girls in MILF form is a final fantasy of our own design

Perhaps it's cheating since the main character is more or less a blank slate, but just replace "main character" with "everyone else in the game".

Solidus and Armstrong
Basically every game Raiden is a protagonist in.

GOD. DAMMIT.

BUT YOU DON UNDERSTAND
IGNIS LOST HIS EYE(sight?)
WHAT DID YOU LOSE TO BE SUCH A DEPRESSIVE BRAT, NOTCIS?
BUT YOU DON UNDERSTAND
IGNIS IS BLIND
YOU SUCK NOCTIS
[Noctis has been motivated by Gladio's belligerent rant. His attacks are stronger now.]

Ignis wasn't remotely a whiny pansy about it, either. Prompto was just /cuteboy/ bait the entire game while Gladio was an idiot. Ignis took it like a champ.

Also yes. Very true.

Fuck off back to Holla Forums

No he's shit and I enjoyed bombing that fucking blimp, god I what Bethesda did to the brotherhood.

Ignis aka Balthier 2.0 was a fucking legend compared to Gladios bitchy ass. He lost his eyesight and got stronger and never bitched once.

Fucking cup noodle shilling fucker.

everytime

Luna is like 10x hotter in Kingsglaive. That is what she actually looks like. Not plain at all.

The saddest death scene in the game was for the Regalia.

All the Far Cry games?

Can you select japanese voices?

The Last Remnant.

user, he not only got stronger and never complained once, he single-handedly defeat the moss/octopus boss that was wrecking the party.
With a sword and a blind man's walking stick he did more than Glado with two working eyes and a sword twice his size couldn't.

Are you joking? Luna in Kingsglaive is some Hollywood Jew while Luna in-game is a cutie. She's outclassed by every other female in the game, but she's still way better than the tissue destroyer

I remember when the game was still being spoken about he was supposed to be an alternate playthrough character. You could either be the protagonist or THIS guy.
Then they scrapped that some point later on.

pretty much any game with a silent protagonist

Pagan isn't the villain, the main character is for being an impatient prick.

It seems like square/enix are the worst at this.

I know, it's a shame. Even if it was pretty barebones story-wise, running around with castanea/rozeas and the seven as leaders would have been great. It'd also mean more large scale battles and maybe bosses.

I'd be game for extra TLR content of any kind, honestly.

I'm been playing FFXIV this winter to deal with the seasonal MMOitis, Gaius van Baelsar and Archbishop Thordan VII are prime examples from that WoWclone.

Fuck this gay ass Eorzea.

Enjoy being pounded into submission even by NCR neocohens, faggot.

the villains in killzone were the relb herbos

Nigger, do you even pay attention to the game? The Golden Path is the villain of Fr Cry 4. You literally do NOT see Pagan Ming do anything wrong. He punishes his soldiers for shooting randomly at your bus and he stabs a guy for trying to draw in terrorists even after Pagan invited him in for dinner. If you listen to radio broadcasts, Pagan allowed citizens to own guns and had programs in place to help people find work. The Golden Path IS a terrorist organization driven by religious zealousy and altruism. Pagan wants to not only take you to bury your mothers ashes, but he also wants to give you the country afterwords. Otherwise the country is taken over by one of two cunts.

Far Cray 4s only true ending is waiting 10 minutes for Pagan to return. The second story-line is pretty much you destroying your own country.

But Jecht is only so good of a character because of his concealed character growth/fragmented story presence and his catharsis with Tidus (and the player overcoming the misinformation of Tidus' bias against him and learning about his personal change and reflections). Wanting to understand his story, and the tale of Braska's Pilgrimage rather than their impact, is to give up on his sacrifice and growth as both a father and hero.

Ardyn was the hero of FFXV, you play as the bad guy.
He's basically Kefka with good motivations, and he ultimately wins because all he wants to do is die but for real this time

All Joe wanted to do was cleanse the city of a virus that killed his family

He'll never fulfill his dream of being a little girl

hey look its the worst thread on Holla Forums again

SA2: Battle was my very first Sonic game, and I remember immediately gravitating towards Rouge the Bat. Yeah, not Amy Rose, surprisingly! I used to be obsessed with the colour pink, and considering how young I was at the time you'd think I'd be drawn to Amy first and foremost. But no, I'd play the hell out of story mode and Rouge's missions, and would much rather play the treasure hunting levels with Rouge and Tikal than high speed racing with Amy.

I think I really appreciated how different Rouge was from the rest of the cast. Sure, the story was riddled with plot holes and nonsensical actions taken by the characters. But in terms of conceptualization, Rouge has the potential to be the subject of a character study. She's shrouded in so much intriguing mystery that I wish could be explored further in games - what's her backstory? How did she get to work for G.U.N, and why did she want to work for them in the first place? Where did her love of jewels come from? Is she happy with her life, or does she want more? How does she honestly feel about the other characters (particularly Shadow and Knuckles - don't worry shippers of the net, I haven't forgotten about you)?

Though this isn't to say that what we do know of her character isn't interesting. She's both relatable and clearly motivated, which makes us root for her. She's determined to get what she wants, and shows a lot of confidence and know-how in what she does, but she's not above providing emotional support to her friends even when business is in question. She's not afraid to express her feelings about things, but there are also things that she keeps to herself, garnering interest from the player. I like that she's not typically "cool" like Shadow tends to be in these games, but rather fun, flirty, sly - and not to mention, sassy. She also displays some moral ambiguity, which wouldn't be totally unimaginable for someone in her position. She's had to go against what would be morally acceptable on occasion to reach her goals, whether she likes it or not. Sure, there are times when she's got her own agenda in mind, but that doesn't mean she won't help those who she truly cares about (and she's pretty selective about this - also accurate to real life). Whether she's got her reasons or not, we're always eagerly awaiting her next move.

I think she should just get her own game, where we could learn more about the character as she is, and/or what she could be. If there's any game in this franchise that could benefit from a more complicated story that's actually well-thought-out, it could be hers. Besides, we could use some nice (aka proper) spy mechanics in Sonic games, no?

I've always liked Rouge's design, and never thought she was over-the-top in previous games. There's nothing wrong with sultry characters, and she was portrayed tastefully in the other titles. I don't even have anything against sexual characters. But I gotta be honest; in Sonic '06, I just think it's forced, pandering and off-putting. This is marketed towards younger kids as well! How is anyone though, much less a young child, supposed to connect with a character that's just there to flaunt their goods? It's one thing when the character is established as seductive, yet compelling nonetheless (take Cat Woman and even Jessica Rabbit, for instance), but it's another when it's clearly done on purpose just to get attention, especially if the character wasn't originally written that way. If you want to put a sexy character in your game, that's perfectly fine, but make them believable - like they could actually exist personality-wise. See Bayonetta, Nathan Drake and Dante (older games) for three of many awesomesauce examples.

Everyone always compares Dante and Donte but I think Donte and Bayonetta are actually way better contrasts, specifically because Donte is everything interesting about Bayonetta done poorly.

I mean, the difference really is just that one is poorly written (compare Bayonetta clearly just being a tease whereas Donte comes across as an unlikable dick all in all that tries too hard) and unlikable where the other has a compelling context and story.

is she your waifu

I agree, she was cute but the fact they changed her face completely weirded me out.

Anita from the Golden Path is the villain.

Not so much a better "character" as much as a better person;

Wasn't the book going to suck everyone's life and then kill them all ?

This. Precisely this. Ardyn wasn't evil, he was fucked up by the daemons he had inside him sure, but evil? No. Looking throughout the game on a second playthrough, it's a bit vague because of the plothole extravaganza that was the script but he's motivating Noctis to kill him on purpose.

The only way the daemons and the Scourge could be cleansed was if Noct had the full strength of Ring of the Lucii and the power of the crystal to call on. This is why he pushed Nifelheim to steal the crystal, sack Insomnia, and fuck Noct over in every way he could. Notice that Nifelheim knew exactly where Luna was at all times and Ardyn didn't attempt to steal the ring. If he wanted eternal darkness and a world ruled by daemons all he had to do was steal that ring and show Noct HIS Power of Kings. In chapter 13 he had EVERY opportunity to do that, but instead he led Noct straight to his father's sword (sort of…), Ignis and Moose Manmeat back to Noct, and the three of them back to Blonde Gackt and then from there straight to the crystal where he didn't even bother to try and stop them.

Also on the subject of Roll Fizzlebeef…

I actually think that was the whole intent of making Cupnoodle McStrongguy angry at Noct for no reason. It's vaguely stated about once the whole game but Gladio's father was the dude who is fighting alongside King Regis and gets skewered to death in Kingsglaive when he fights off the Nifelheim General. So he did kinda lose something aside from the same home Noct did.

Methinks that series of scenes were set up deliberately to make the player dislike Big McLargehuge…but the problem was they never actually resolve it in a meaningful way to redeem the character to the player so he basically becomes "the belligerent asshole" after that point.

Properly fleshed out, Scarface Ripplybulk would have been lashing out from his own insecurities rather than from any worry about Noct being unwilling/unable to do his job. That way he could properly express that or have it pointed out to him later instead of it being rushed so that they could have Prompto get captured. But alas…

man there's just something about 14's art style that just rubs me the wrong way. it's got this really ugly plastic look to everything and the color pallet feels off.

R.A. Salvatore has a book trilogy called "The Spear Wielder's Trilogy." It has a random joe get sucked into a fantasy world to fight evil for a hilariously shitty reason. After the first book of him complaining trying to get home, the second book starts off with him realizing how much he misses the adventure.

The reason he's chosen to be brought into the fantasy world and fight a great evil?
He was the closest fit the the previous great hero's armor The armor has nothing special about it

That was only added in so that we wouldn't side with Mewt.

He really did nothing wrong, between bloodthirsty savage and future drug kingpin, it's a choice between bloody shit or druggy shit. They botched this game, but fuck, they should have added a Free-roam mode where you side with fucking Pagan Min

Now in Marche's defense the Grimoire was burning up everyone's souls as fuel for the fake world. Then again that isn't revealed till the last third of the game or so and Marche is "escapism is bad m'kay" since day one.

Yes, But for some goddamn reason it's missing from the English localization of the game. All the other languages have that bit in, so it's not a censor for ratings thing.

Coup, you illiterate. From coup d'état.

Yes, they were all about to die because of Queen Remedy stealing their life force.

So we've been shitting on that for over a decade now, and it turns Marche actually wasn't supposed to have done anything wrong?

To put it bluntly. Yes. Marche might be an asshole, but a justified one. I didn't even know about that shit till a french speaking classmate enlightened me on the subject.

The argument always used to be that Marche only learns about Remedy's plans to suck out their life force rather late in the game, when he was already on his way to get everyone back home, when it was him trying to find a way back for himself first, without even knowing his brother was also in that world at first.

For fuck's sake. Someone needs to put together a FUCK LOCALIZATION infographic for easy redpilling on that topic.

I didn't know.

And the Golden Path is suppose to be the nice guys? Child-bride marrying Sabal or druglord cuck queen Amita?

Perhaps the real villain are the Anons who didn't stay to enjoy the crab rangoon.

But he took the helicopter.

I like to believe there's one guy on every Ubisoft writing team that sabotages the intended viewpoint by being too subtle for the other retards to catch.

After the secret ending, I still don't understand why would anyone bother playing the game normaly.

The game sorely needed a proper side with Pagan option.

You didn't post the best Bison pic.

I agreed with Marche from the get go.

Escapism to the degree of living in a fantasy world at the expense of all is unhealthy.

I really liked playing a FF where you're the one trying to destroy the world. It makes you wonder about other FF villains perspective.

ubisoft definitely has a few members who are competent and you can see it in slices of games like call of jaurez gunslinger and rainbow six siege, the issue is ubisoft hasn't gotten all those guys together to make 100% good games instead of making like 9/10 bad games and 1 decent game a year

It's like Far Cry 3. Vaas wasn't the villain, it was his sister Citra (she even tried to rape the protagonist).

Too bad ubishit only cares about shekels and ladyboys.

So they're Holla Forums?

Thordan did N O T H I N G W R O N G

He was insane, but he was truly a bro.

She's tricking the entire city of Seattle into believing that Cole McGrath isn't slowly making his westward to wipe them all the fuck out. Keeping the civies in the dark isn't an effective battle strategy and will only lead to more devastation when Cole finally arrives.
Deslin has no idea any of this is going on but regardless, he's fighting on the right side.

Cole's dead.

pretty much every Far Cry game features a villain that is better than the protagonist. Well, the Jackal in Far Cry 2 is a war profiteer but the protag is CIA, so they cancel out in that regard. Therefore, Jackal wins by virtue of actually being a developed character.

twisted

Neither did you.

To be fair, any game with a silent and blank protagonist like Half-Life or Portal better damn well have interesting characters.

The Jackal was a big guy with a master plan.

This is nothing more than DUP propaganda. Red lightning ending is the true ending of inFamous 2. In the Second Son world the Beast is slowly moving westward across the United States wiping out the human populace along the way. The government has no way to stop him, all they can do is slow him down.
Seattle has been set up as a sort of sanctuary city for citizens to live in relative peace while a war for the very survival of humanity on not 1,000 miles to the southeast.
The DUP performs sick experiments on conduits in an effort to find new ways to potentially defeat the Beast.
Hell, the fact that conduits actually still exist definitely proves that Second Son can't take place after the blue lightning ending of inFamous 2.

I have a way to explain Zeke and his dialogue, but it's long-winded and non-sensical at points.

Do it fgt.

That does seem like quite the plan to be fair.

If I recall, they thought everyone would have picked the red lightning ending.

Gaius did nothing wrong, but Thordan certainly did.

Thordan was FULL RETARD, and remember, Minstrels Ballad is a non-canon version of the fight, The one in the story is the true power of him and his knights, and it is undeniably Pathetic.

Civil war disrupts a country's economy. It'd be much better to incite a regular war between two third world countries and sell to both sides, twice as much money and less destruction so it can be sustained longer.

I'm pretty sure they went with the blue end, since that's what the wikipedia entry says. They just went the low effort route and retconned the whole all the conduits died, and just only some died in the surrounding area.

I'm still mad that the ending to Far Cry 3 wasn't Jason completely decimating Citra's clan. His only goal throughout the whole fucking game was to save his beachbum fuckbuddies, yet when he finds out that Citra kidnaps all of them just to bait him into coming to the palace, he immediately submits to her acid-tripping party the second he walks through the door.

I couldn't really remember what kind of war Far Cry 2 is, but I'm pretty sure it was civil. Either way, I imagine the Jackal just lets the conflict fizzle out after awhile and moves on to another region.

Basically, after becoming the Beast Cole gains the power to resurrect people. Of course the first person he resurrects is Zeke. But what he doesn't expect is that Zeke still hates Cole and again tries to kill him.
Even though Cole's a monster he can't bring himself to kill his best friend a second time so he sends him away west far away from the destruction.
Zeke is really distraught. Being killed by his best friend and then resurrected and all the other bullshit that happens in a red lightning ending really did a number on him. Because of this he looks to get as far away from Cole and his craziness as he can. The obvious choice is the sanctuary city of Seattle.
But Zeke's kindheartedness towards conduits eventually gets the best of him and he joins the resistance movement and bada bing bada boom.
When he speaks so highly of Cole he's referring to Cole pre-beast, not the actual Cole.

That's what Sucker Punch wants you to think. Just wait until inFamous 3 wherein a resurrected Trish will become a conduit and join what remains of the US government and Delsin to fight the all-powerful Cole McBeast.

he's actually the protagonist

Final Fantasy XII
The villain had set to free humanity from the control of the deitys that manipulated them since ancient times. After he manages to do so, you kill him for his trouble.

I can see that.
I REALLY LIKE HOW KEY INFORMATION LIKE THIS CAN BE MISSED SO EASILY

You think I don't know that? That's why he's the best character in the game, everyone else in the game is a fucking retard who just wants to make the country even worse. Pagan Min did literally nothing wrong, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

I probably should have worded my original post better so that came across

actually this is one of the reason's I really liked FFXV, there is a tone of lore and information that is not spoon-feed to people.

There's so many good pictures of Bison I don't think there is a best one.

I couldn't make much sense of the story or be assed to finish it. What actually happened?

Jack wants to clean up pandora and this triggers all the people in the AIDSridden shanty towns because a video game that costs 60 bucks is the best medium to explore vaguely anti-capitalist sentiments.

Okay, that part I actually got. I don't get why he hired people just to kill them, or why making the planet not a shithole is supposed to be a bad thing in the first place.

I think "Anthony Burch is a moron" covers everything else.

It's because the characters of Memelands 2 are the villains who betrayed Jack.

she died or stuck in a shit game where twittertards getting pissed.

I want a more complete picture is all. I have a suspicion you're right, though.

That was before or after the intro with the exploding train?

Before, they betray Jack in Cucklands the Pre-Memequal

You mean I have to buy another game to make sense of the story of the one I already own? Fuck that.

youtube.com/watch?v=yJiaLC8Zs_Y

youtube.com/watch?v=Ok6fNDWE69o

I think they looked at data from inFamous 2 and saw the majority of players finished Blue End. Apparently they wanted to go Red End, but decided otherwise to avoid player alienation.

It's unclear how much Pagan's really helping the people because the writing is completely incongruent across the board, but his replacements are guaranteed worse, so he wins by default.

such an edgy opinion here, totally not one with the circlejerk :^)

nigga isn't even the coolest street fighter character

Who is it then?
Sagat?
I like his eye patch but he doesn't have a face that'll made me shit bricks if i ever saw it

Keep sucking feminist cock, retard.

After reading up on things, they fucking betrayed him while he was trying to save millions of people? What a bunch of cunts.

Dhalsim

Coolest street fighter character is either Oro, Urien or Skullomania.

Coolest fighting game villain overall is Geese Howard.

the guy is a angry potato who wears his anal beads around his neck

my nigga

But that's the kind of information that should be fed to the player if a scene making sense hinges on it being known.

dude he did everything wrong

he also had a really scrubby materia setup.

He even got his Mom's identity wrong.

that too, it's really hilarious how may people think Sephiroth is the main villain in FF7 instead of JENOVA or hell even Hojo is a far bigger villain.

Final Fantasy 7 Villainy rank:

1- JENOVA
2- Hojo
3- Shin-Ra
4- Party and Avalanche( their terrorist attacks killed WAY more people than Seph ever did)
5- that Doctor/Scientist faggot from Crisis Core
6- Sephiroth- Burned down a minuscule village, killed Cloud mother and Tifa father.

He looks cool and is powerful but never did much damage.

To be fair JENOVA is dormant so Sephiroth was acting on his own delusions of her. Sephiroth would have killed way more if the meteor had landed.

the developers themselves deluded themselves into think he was the main villain because apparently had had control over Jenova somehow. it's fucking stupid.

That character is from Fallout 4, not 3. 4's brotherhood actually does hoard tech.

I like Ryu's character. He's basically trained his whole life to be a martial artist which is all about beating people up and being able to defend himself and kill other people if he has to, and yet he's a pacifist. He doesn't want to hurt people, despite the skills he's developed being specifically design to kill people. So he autistically trains to be the best fighter in the world and to constantly improve, while the ultimate goal is to not have to fight at all. And meanwhile, because his power level is so high, people are constantly after him, either to steal his body or to test themselves against him.

Sagat isn't a villain. He hated Ryu for acting dishonourably in the ret-conned "The Dark Hadou made him do it" ending to SF1 but when Sagat learned the truth he wanted a rematch with Ryu when he was properly in control and they ultimately parted, if not as friends, then not as enemies. The scar on his chest is a reminder to Sagat that he shouldn't be so proud, and it's a reminder to Ryu of what he could become if he doesn't control himself. Although to be fair Sagat had previously killed a man (Dan's father) for putting his eye out.

She didn't have any real powers and she was far from perfect. hideo kojima makes a point through out the games to highlight peoples different interpretations of how the world "Should be"

"The Boss" made a point of a world without borders by Metal gear "phantom pain" hideo kojima finishes the series off by stating that language and culture absolutely exists and Identity is what drives most people otherwise you end up as a faceless identityless monster driven by desire to erase all identity everywhere.

Kojima love him/ hate him, he doesn't signal a very positive image of globalism.

HONK

Good luck flying your car now Back Street boys

Maxson is a squire in 3.
In fact, he's Elder Lyons' sqire, and you can interact with him in a limited fashion, at the Citidel in DC.
And the Capital Wasteland chapter of the BoS doesn't start hoarding tech again until after Maxson takes over as Elder and returns them to their past ways.
Before that, under Lyons, they started sharing tech and helping common wastelanders which was firmly against the BoS Codex and led to the Outcast BoS patrols you occasionally run into, and were a major part of the Operation Anchorage DLC.

The Conqueror was made to appeal to Squeenix's more Western leaning fans, and they wanted to make his story available to play. It's a real shame. TLR's story had tons of potential, but I think time constraints gutted the game. They had the gameplay down pat. If the story was more cohesive and this wasn't their very obvious first try with Unreal, I imagine we would have a sequel.

Mason was an idiot for blowing up the Institute for no real reason. The Synths were a problem I guess but to have what equates to a operational Pre-War Robotics Laboratory should have made his dick explode. Frankly why everyone wants to blow it up is beyond me, Fo4 is stupid incarnate

The Pre-sequel actually does way more to make him likeable.

Not even the characters of 2, it's the original characters who fuck him over Well more Lilith the cunt

the one "dormant" was Sephiroth in the Lifestream where Cloud throw him, JENOVA is the one who break out of Hojo/Shin-Ra lab( maybe it was Cloud who break her out or it was Hojo, it's not clear), assumes Sephiroth form, cause chaos everywhere and unleash Meteor, All while Seph was taking a nap.

JENOVA was the main villain and that was quite obvious if people paid any attention, but sadly Sephiroth popularity was absurdly massive, so you know what happens.

Maxson explained his reasons for wanting the Institute wiped out quite well, provided you aren't a moron.
The BoS exists to prevent the rampant spread of technology to people they consider incapable of using it responsibly, and is what they consider to be the reason behind the war that ended civilization.
In his eyes,the Institute represents technology unchained, and advanced to the point that it literally replaces humanity.
This is everything the Brotherhood hates.

The Jackal did absolutely nothing wrong, except talking really fucking fast.

JENOVA was made dormant by the Cetra. Sphiroth was taking a nap but he was able to send his consciousness through JENOVA and the carriers of her cells who would take his form. His plan was to use them to bring the Black Materia to him in order to summon meteor which, when landed, would cause a counter-reaction of lifestream which he would then use to ascend to godhood.

Perhaps, but they're for collecting it for themselves also. And the Institute wasn't really spreading it around for the wasters, more just wanting to keep an eye on things up top. And blowing up the place didn't really fix the Synth issue hell it probably made things worse in the long run due to synths not having a place to report back to.

Even outside of synths (which could be used to fill out ranks as they've historically had issues with recruitment if they felt comfortable with using androids) there's tons of other shit that would have been great to have (food production and mass manufacturing capability using advanced polymers are pretty damn important Apocalypse or not). There's a time to be dogmatic, and there's a time to realize you have access to a goldmine of tech. It just seems so stupid to throw it all away even if feel others shouldn't have it or it to even exist.

Still they have way more ground to stand on then the Railroad will ever have Sage for slight off topic

Synths are talmudic science. The Institute create golems to replace the goyim with, while they use the replaced goyim in their own FEV-fueled blood libel. The righteous thing to do is to erradicate them and everything they created, period.

Every thread

only fucking 4cuck children think that discussing failout 4 in any possible way is acceptable on full/v/

I honestly can't really explain it, but she was different. It just doesn't feel like she was a "real" sith, not even at the end of the game. More like she tried to train the MC into a Jedi above the black/white narrative with the final fight being intended to ensure Surik can't swing in either direction

And Overmeme general threads are pretty acceptable, right? :^)

Power hungry military coo, user.

She loved the Exile so much that she couldn't bring herself to kill her. It's why she took on the mantle of Darth Traya again so that the Exile would defeat her and be free to make their own decisions.

Those fucking epicunting folds mang.

He does make a compelling point.

A point that won't be satiated until we get a game where we ARE nazis.

Shadowlord did nothing wrong.

Lara Croft is a fucking cunt.

Funny thing here, going by speculation in MotW & his appearances in the KoF series, Geese Howard might not actually be a villain after all, but an anti-hero covertly working against an even bigger, evil syndicate. We'll never know for sure until SNK gets to working on MotW 2, but Terry might have made a huge mistake by allowing Rock to go to the Heinleins.

Helghast did literally nothing wrong

Its about the character's motivations, user.

These are the only real answers.

All while being manipulated by one of those self same deities who only motivation was that he was buttmad at his fellow gods for throwing him out of their secret city because he decided to teach people how to make magic nuclear weapons.
Ashe and the party do fuck up immensely though by unbinding all of the Lucavi which eventually brings about the collapse of civilization.
Oft did we pass judgment on them so that Ivalice might endure…
Gerun did literally nothing wrong.

Dindu nuffin? Eh.
Righteous cause? Certainly.

Wasn't he the reason the replicants became self aware? I thought it was because of a defect in him that the black scrawl became a thing and pretty much doomed humanity

I think Replicants were getting self-aware before, could be wrong though.

IIRC the main fault for all shit is with Devola and Popola,, Gestalts and Replicants actually were integrating before their project, albeit SLOWLY, it was that those two wanted shit to go faster that shit went to hell.

Four was pure and slaughters Knife ears, the only wrong she did was being born and as such dooming the world, which was technically Zeros fault.

Apparently Vaas was never meant to be in the game. They were doing auditions for the 'real' villain, and the VA for Vaas didn't suit the character but he was so good the devs just went "Fuck it, let's make a character for him."

Apart from everyone who was getting fucked over by his retarded laws and tantrums
His father acting as a judge helps Marche to get the fuck out of Ivalice. Marche manages to collect an entire clan of people who don't "love it"

Marche is a complete antithesis of Mewt. Not only is he self made even in someone else's fantasy world, he goes against odds stacked completely against him and still comes out on top while Mewt is a punk assed bitch throwing tantrums in his own fantasy world despite getting literally everything handed to him.
Marche's struggle needs no justification despite him having every moral high ground because he isn't a pussy and surmounted countless obstacles to make destiny his bitch.

And while the translation doesn't really make that it clear, but the Grimoire was basically eating everyones soul/life force to keep the illusion up, they may been happier but they were going to die from it, so moving on and attaining happiness in the real life and actually have the time to live it is the correct choice.

And yeah, Marches bro can walk now, but notice what is missing? their parents, the parents who were there for said brother, yet said brother basically thinks they can die for his legs, Same thing with Ritz hair, she was so up about it she fails to notice her mother, her motivation for disliking said hair isn't there.

Marche was less Glory from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and more Neo from the Matrix. With a Pizzacutter.

Holla Forumstard, pls.

I'm not sure if this one counts.

Are there really this many people here who actually played Far Cry 4, FF XV, etc? Jaysus

Well the villain was certainly still a good person.

FC4 is on PC and can be pirated easily.
FFXV has beep noted as "LAST CHANCE FOR S-E" since it was Versus so i can see how some would succumb to curiosity about it if they have a Bloodborne Interface Device, even knowing it is bad, pic related to why, or just people who failed to follow the development and expected it to play like KH due being Nomuras baby project.

Everyone's parents were still there. Just as Marche didn't know Doned was in the world at first (and vise versa), they're parents are somewhere around but haven't yet joined up or made contact.

They changed the whole fucking world man. If your parents are halfway across the planet and the greatest method of communication you have is bar rumors then it'd take quite a feat to reunite.

Also eat shit, The grimoire sucking everyones souls up is revealed after you've already destroyed all the crystals. Marche has already doomed the world before he learns that his actions are even remotely justified beyond selfishness.

Marche is a fucking psychopath.

Kotal is great and I really hope he becomes a permanent addition to the franchise.

Imagine if their families had been turned into monsters like those three bullies did
would you take the chance of maybe unknowingly slaying your family or have them slain without you ever knowing?

you cannot expect a child to give up its everything for a lil nigger who has a shit fit and is running from reality

Fun fact: FFXIV is strongly hinted to be XII's world remade after "blinding light was as destructive as consuming darkness" and the next expansions raid is called "return to Ivalice" written by the creators of tactics and vagrant story.

Zodiarks wild ride aint finished yet nigga.

Nobody dies in Ivalice, not even the monsters. Besides, only meany poopooheads get turned into monsters. And nigger, where do you think we are? I'd take that bet any day of the week.

Nobody gave up, or would give up, their lifestyle for Mewt of all fucking people. Rather, they'd be content to do so once they realize the extent of the utopia they found themselves in.

Nigger, does the word Jagd tell you anything?

You mean the Utopia of a little tyrant nigger who uninvited entered the world of Ivalice and became prince? The same little faggot who's terrorizing the population with laws because he can?
At the end they all decided to go home together and grew as people.

Don't be a pedantic nigger. You know damn well what I meant.

Yes, that very one. His world was amazing, and everyone would love to live in it. Also, his laws were only draconian and unwelcome once Marche started wrecking shop. Beforehand, they were rather tame and more akin to small handicap rules equally applied to both participants in regular battles. As a defence against a world destroying threat, I'd say they were quite tame all in all.

It also wasn't real, no more than the matrix was at any rate.

It was real bro. And not just in his mind.

Okay, and? That doesn't change the fact that it is and was not intended to be in the original.

What the fuck does that even mean? You said nobody dies and here is multiple places where people do die, don't brush it off as nothing.

Marche came across the first crystal rather by coincidence one might even think the crystal took him in on purpose, and after that it was Remedi who started feeding Mewt with delusions and was enforcing the laws for Mewt and Cid was the one seeing to it as Judgemaster. Once he remembered who he was, he took all the judges and separated them from the palace.
What you're saying is that you would go and stay there, but Marche and the rest realized they had to go home and did so.

That's great retard. You get an A+ for effort there, but that still doesn't change the fact that Marche destroyed a real world.

What the fuck are you talking about, you cite FFTA2 and say it was destroyed?
How could Ezel and Mont Blanc be in FFTA2 if he destroyed the world?

I don't know specifically who but I know for sure the relapsing can be tied to the original gestalt, whoever that is. That's explicitly stated in one of the documents

A Mayan/Aztec/Whatever character was neat since they were a fucking hardcore civilization. I'm hoping for more games about mauling people with obsidian tipped clubs and tearing their hearts out

Remedi, as a manifestation of the world, would not have done a damn thing to Mewt if she wasn't being threatened by Marche destroying everything. Clearly Marche is at fault here, again. He directly initiated the sequence of events that led Mewt to installing 999999999999999 shit rules. All Marches doing.

It wasn't the 'super ultra real Ivalice, believe me guise.' It was some other Ivalice. Still a real world though.

Dimension fuckery man. Go play FFTA2.

I did, 100% several times, mind you.
Mewt even tells Luso at the very end that he was to the same world as well. You might wanna go and play it again, m8.

She was already feeding on his life force to stay alive, just because Marche didn't know that from the start, doesn't make it something to be overlooked.
Now Marche was always about himself wanting to go home. There simply was no other way for him to go without destroying the crystals and why should he have to stay just because Mewt is having a tantrum? Or because white locks doesn't like her hair? now his brother I could understand, but I'm certain he would've wanted their mother to see those two again.

What the fuck does Mewt know? At that point, he's just some dumb nig living his normal life. His words don't contradict shit. Besides, even if you accept it at face value, it's true. He did go to the same world. That being Ivalice.

It does when we're talking about Marche's motivations and whether or not he could be considered villainous. It wasn't until way later that he found out that he was totally justified. Up until the very end, after he's already irreversibly fucked everything, his sole motivation for destroying that world was "I want to go home," and "you're not living your life correctly!"

Fuck that, and fuck him. He's the faggot who throws a tantrum and yells his head off endlessly until he gets his way and ruins everything for everyone else.

He is the one who kept the fucking book. He knows far more than you or I for that matter.

You just said Marche destroyed that world, m8.
I'd say that contradicts at least that.

Nobody ever contested that but you. Mont Blanc said in FFTA1 already that Ivalice is quite a big country. Just because Luso ended up in another part of it doesn't make it some different/alternate universe.

So he should've stayed put? Him wanting to go back home makes him a villain? He never asked to be put in that world and just because it is awesome to some it doesn't make it his business to play along with that if it causes him grief. Remedi could have offered him some kind of compromise to just send him back home, but obviously he would not have had that after he would learn that she feeds on their lives.

That's Mewt.

I want a game where you play as Ardyn, sealing demons and shit.

And then getting fucked over. FF15 had a lot of potential, but fell apart near the second half.

It was an FF game where I actually gave a shit about the antagonists, and the protagonists, and then they just drop the fucking ball.

What the fuck are you talking about. It's a regular fucking fantasy book for him. It's not like he's coming and going into Ivalice whenever he wants, or that it imparts some profound knowledge. It's a fictional book about fictional bullshit, until it suddenly isn't and sucks you into Ivalice. For Mewt, that happens exactly once in his life, when he's a small child.

This is so dumb I don't know where to begin. The Ivalice Mewt refers to wasn't the real Ivalice, but it was still Ivalice. He can safely say, without a hint of a lie, that he's been to "the same world" as Luso. The world of Ivalice. That doesn't confer him some magically knowledge of its inner-workings.

What part of Marche destroyed the fucking world didn't you understand? This was the entire plot behind FFTA. How did you miss it?

If Marche kills Ivalice A, then Luso can not possibly go to A. That's because A no longer exists, and he instead went to Ivalice B. The other, more real, Ivalice. That doesn't make A unreal though.

Mewt ruined the life of precisely 4 people in his utopia. The bullies who he turned into zombies. Marche ruined the new awesome fantasy life of billions.

A. Bison > M. Bison

Why do I know this? Because some dickwad tought it would be funny to gift it to me for christmass

Also if anyone really wonders how bad this piece of shit is.
None of that sentence is incorrect.

You're just a furry

no bully pls

To be completely honest, I deserve it. **I forced the guy to read the entirety of My Immortal on stream once.

i report u hue hue hue

How the fuck would you go about that? My Immortal is long as fuck, especially if you're reading it aloud.

I don't know how it went down. But I think betting was involved or something.

That he bought and kept.

The book was clearly depicting the races of Ivalice, it's directly tied to it.
The words he spoke from the book may as well have been a spell to awaken the book, who knows if saying those words again could get him back in the book.

Show me that the Ivalice they have been to is not part of the Ivalice you are speaking of. A map or anything of the like.

The plot was for him to go home. Do you think Mont Blanc or Shara would agree to help end their own world? Marche refers to that world as a game because it is, as he thinks, based on the Final Fantasy Mewt spoke of when he wanted it to be real.
So either it is based on another FF that was fictional or it is directly tied to FF12 like FFTA2 which would mean it took place in that very Ivalice only elsewhere.

And you think he would have stopped there if he felt even the slightest chance of his "peace" being threatened? Why the fuck do you think Ezel had such a booming business? He must have been working on those cards even before Marche started wrecking the crystals.

also this was not on a single sitting. That's fucking impossible

Assumptions and speaking out your ass. Good job brah.

Yes. Cid and everyone else he convinces to go along with him explicitly understand that he thinks this world is fake, and he's going to unravel it to get back home. He says this to their faces how the fuck do you not get this. Why they go along with him after this, I do not know, but so they did. Especially Mont Blanc. That nigger was with him from the beginning, and saw all his exchanges with the crystals. He, of all the Ivalice-people, knew what was happening the most.

Or we can not be an ignorant nigger and acknowledge, just as the second game tells us, that it was also Ivalice but not the mega real Ivalice. Still a separate but real one though.

I didn't say it was so, I made it clear it was a thought. But if we're already talking about assumptions

Maybe because you're speaking from your personal, emotional point of view, of course Marche would be the villain to you.

And he is fucking alive and well, just like his brothers and Ezel in FFTA2.

Point me to it, right now.

fund it.

No, FFTA2 said so. And that trumps whatever bullshit you're running on.

Please, do explain why the characters in FFTA would agree with Marche to go destroy their world. Nice and logically now, to counter my very obviously emotional viewpoints, oozing with passion, butthurt, and a healthy dose of exasperation.

You're a real one of a kind stupid if this is what you're running with.

I'll point you to this!
whips out dick

Do you expect me to have offhand screenshots from every random fucking video game? You'll just have to take my word for it. Considering how mangled your interpretation of the first game is, one that is well documented and oft-talked about, you should rejoice to have even that.

This brings me no end of joy.

Marche can be argued, because in the end the entire thing was not only escapism but it was also slowly killing everyone involved.
Griffith was just a power hungry jew.

But at least Ardyn did nothing wrong.

You have yet to show me how.

You must be sweating bullets by now, you're the one sperging here.
Maybe they agreed because they existed before these damn kids came to their world and know they will exist after they leave. I wouldn't know, but they chose to do it. I could question why they did or make as you did assumptions, but I can never know. When even Babus joins your forces, it makes me think that Remedi made all this shit up to prevent Mewt or anyone from escaping.

But a question for you, can you explain to me why the book in FFTA1 was showing imagery of the races of Ivalice?

I expect you to back your shit up.
You seem to be rather invested in this theory, so I assume you have ways to back it up.

I have no need to explain how the creators direct word trumps whatever crap you want to believe. It's just a fact.

That's the crux of it. You might wish to try playing the games again, now that you've exceeded a grade schooler's understanding of whatever language you were playing them in.

Of course I can, you dumb shit. I've said it often and repeatedly. Because the book was about a fantasy world very unsubtly hinted to as being Ivalice.

Well tough shit. I aint going to go play the entirety of FFTA2 again just to satisfy one incorrect nerd who can't even get basic lore correct.

Basically you got nothing.

Says the little sperg that cannot point me to a single thing about the games that would back his shit up.

Now if you point me to whatever evidence you have that this is not directly within the Ivalice of where FFTA2 takes places later on we could put this to rest.

But you seem to be an expert on this subject, no?
Couldn't you look up a specific scene or part of the game that backs up your shit?
Telling me this shit that I better play it all again to get on your level, which seems to be straight up your own arsehole, so I doubt I could follow you there.

Says the dipshit who can't even follow the flow of the first game, which is about as subtle as a hammer and well known.

Lord you're one dense retard. Riddle me this, child. How could it possibly be the Ivalice of FFTA2, when Marche destroyed the Ivalice that the book produced in FFTA? Could it be that they are separate instances??!? I'll leave you to ponder that puzzler for however long it takes you to figure it out, despite my having explicitly told you previously. I imagine this will take an amount of time necessarily equal to the rest of your lifespan.

Couldn't you do me the favor of understanding even the basic tenets of the shit we're speaking about, so I don't have to explain every other concept I bring up with some sort of documented and notarized proof? How dare you be so inconsiderate of me. I demand apology juice.

i can't even deal with how autistic this thread has become

griffith did nothing wrong :^)

can you literally not?

We're talking about both games now. As I said, if you would be so kind as to point me to where FFTA2 does what you claimed it did with what happened in FFTA1.

Show me its destruction, user. All we see is the return of the town Ivalice. For all we know it was a Dissidia-esque situation where characters have been summoned, in this case to the land of Ivalice through Remedi.
The best I would be willing to compromise for is that FF Ivalice for a moment was fused with the town of Ivalice, which does not make it not take place in FF Ivalice regardless. And in the end it resulted in the separation of those two, and not the destruction of one.

Then just says so, no need to be a pissy little shit about it.

no, just figuratively.

in literal terms i can just close the thread and get on with my day.

you can't though. you're too autistic. you're going to be here for hours and hours.

The entirety of FFTA is about destroying that world. No man can be this obtuse as to miss this. Are you some mythical figure of stupidity? Reveal your secrets.

So the best you could compromise for is with some complete bullshit whipped up out of your ass at a moments notice that conveniently meshes with your own, excuse the term, headcanon?

That's spectacular. That's some good news. I was wondering how full of shit you were, precisely, and now I can rest assured that it's definitely 100%.

I'll show you some pissy little shits!
*unzips dick*

The entirety of FFTA is about Marche wanting to go home.
For all the shit that unfolds later on, much like Remedi unwilling to let them go because she feeds on their life force, this might as well have been made up by her to keep Mewt under her rule.
I have yet to see the world disappear just because the town Ivalice turned back to normal.

You see the worlds merging together right after they go to sleep.
This was the very thing I was talking about the whole time and not just right now. You're the one reading past everything that doesn't satisfy your own explanation without showing me anything for 10+ replies now.

And yet you show me nothing to either disprove that or prove yourself right.

pic related, it's you

user, real life is slowly killing every one of us. They at least got to live amazing lives in the meantime.

By unwittingly destroying the world, yes. I realize that you, at the time of playing, only had the mental faculties to understand that first bit but I assure you, destroy it he did.

S T U P I D

I fixed all the stupid shit you're blowing out of your ass. I highly recommend you play these games again now that you've at least somewhat completed your Hooked On Phonics books.

pic related.

your word is meaningless to me, user, it's about time you understood this much

They simply transitioned from one world to another, nothing was destroyed.

Then you're saying that at the beginning of the game where the same thing happened, the same kind of "being entirely replaced", the real world Ivalice was destroyed?
But no, I get it, it wasn't because you say so, instead you insist that because you want it to the FF Ivalice was destroyed instead.

couldn't come up with your own retort, eh?

As are a great many other things, such as logic, consistency, story sequences, visual storytelling, and direct statements.

Yeah, why not? It's fucking magic. The only logic behind it is that we can gleam are what happened, visually, and the crystals/Remedi's words on the matter.

Literally everything faded away and was replaced. Remedi/Crystals were pretty clearcut on Marches actions destroying Ivalice as well. Both of those suggest to anyone with even a shred of common sense that something is being lost. Or destroyed, if you will.

Sometimes you just can't fit the dick in. I wouldn't want to force it.

Then why the fuck does it have to be gone afterwards? Who is to say that the book itself is powerless without Remedi?
What also is a possibility is that the power that kept both worlds together was no more and they separated.

Just like the translation was pretty clearcut on Remedi sucking out everyone's life force, eh?

I've seen elementary school level of replies on this site better than that

I love these fucking pictures

Because things are broken when they are destroyed, Shirou.

Except that's bullshit because the worlds didn't merge. They supplanted each other. If you were paying any sort of attention to the story, this was very obvious. Visually too, as it happened.

The game. I would have thought this obvious with Remedi being the last obstacle on Marches rampage to return home. Is this another instance you're confused about? Do I have to sit you down and educate you on the the games entire outline?

Yes.

Did you pen them?

Also, it wasn't some sort of retort, you stupid shit. It was a truthful statement, which is why it works as a joke because it can also be interpreted as you did. Fuck you're dumb. The whole joke is ruined now because I had to explain it to you since you're too dumb to get the level of irony I'm working on. I was afraid of this when I said it, and true to form, you didn't disappoint.

Me too. Some of the better stuff to come out of /jp/.

Nothing wrong.

well this thread was fun while it lasted

Are things also broken when things using them are destroyed?
If Remedi was using the book, would killing her destroy the book?

If you say supplanted, wouldn't that have erased real Ivalice, or overwritten it?
How would a broken book be able to restore something that was erased? Unless it was holding in place the real Ivalice within FF Ivalice with its power and without would be unable to do so anymore.

Fascinatingly enough, breaking the crystals brings the Totema on your side, meaning they were either under Remedi's control, or they did not break and lose their power after their crystals being destroyed. Remedi controlling the Totema because she invaded this world would be quite possible.

You keep doing that, user. Overconfidence has never brought ruin to anyone, keep going.

It would have been over if there were any gutsfags around. Fortunately most people have accepted the real hero of the story.

Remember that time Griffith sucked off an old man for money?

I bet you kiss girls you faggot

You tell me. I'm sure you can figure this one out if I give you sufficient hints.

If the book was in FFTA2, then what does this suggest?

How would a book be able to transplant you to another world, or destroy your world and superimpose a new one on top of it, or summon you to another one, or merge two together?

It's fucking magic, retard.

Or maybe it just means you kicked their asses and gained control of them as in-game summons. But no, I'm sure there's a much more convoluted theory that hinges upon assumptions that we could employ here. I'm sure that's it.

Not a joke, and you're losing style points for repetition. Fucking apply yourself.

Admittedly i've just started reading Berserk, and am at around chapter 85 so i haven't got the full picture. So far Griffith's main failing is being a big fat homo, and the behelit thing, though my knowledge of that stems from the prologue.

Wouldnt what? Griffith?

Maybe if it weren't for the whole being a man thing. Casca a cute anyway.

You just wait.
if my post fucks up again I blame the laws of casuality.

I'm always curious to see peoples reactions. How do you even live a life without knowing about that scene.

It suggest being in tact, without Remedi.
Acting as a means to move between one world and another.
What made the worlds combine in A1 was Remedi's doing, possibly abusing the book's powers.

Then what is to stop an entity, here Remedi, using a book filled with fucking magic like Illua did in A2 to do all these feats and lose control of it when defeated? None of this means that a single world ends, it means that both worlds lose the connection that Remedi forced upon them.
If you break a door that does not mean that both rooms the door connects just disappear.

They are directly tied to the crystal as its protectors.
Either they were appointed that under someone's control or they are bound to the crystals and should vanish if they are destroyed if that was what gave them life to begin with.
If they were Remedi's creation she would have been able to at least make them disappear, unless she was not in full control of the world.

The fact that I still have points that I can lose and you don't speaks volumes.

If Kentaro miura was the Christopher Nolan of manga, that was his plane scene.

Oh dear.

UUH. UUUUUH. I presume it must be coming fairly soon, given the current circumstances of the Hawks.

Au contraire, nigger. If you break those boundaries between rooms, then you are left with only one massive room. In that sense, you can very well say that both rooms have disappeared.

Okay.

How comical! How comical!

That you would think you're anything but a witless maggot in the face of my sheer brilliance is comical! You are nothing to me. You are stupid, untalented, and completely humorless. I know this. You know this. Everyone watching along at home knows this. Submit to me right this minuteness, or I shall be forced to obliterate your very life with that.

Are you talking about Guts? :^)

Yeah, you're close. You get to see Griffith have his greatest moment. Perhaps you may even understand why afterwards, but chances are you will come out as just another gutsfag.

Should be happening in just the next few chapters. Soon enough, you will truly begin to understand the sheer depths of butthurt and rage.

Wait, can you actually freeroam after getting this ending? Like, can you skip the whole story and just play the fucking game afterwards? If so this would be the best ending in a video game ever.

So it's magic and shit, but this can't have happened?

You are left with two rooms that existed prior that have merged to one room if the door were to disappear.
The door breaking was supposed to be the metaphor of the passage that allows you to move between those rooms. If you break that, meaning the purpose of the door, which is to open and close the passage, you have two rooms that cannot interact with each other anymore.

The crystals represent the races and so do the Totema. They were created for that purpose and are tied to the races.Try summoning the Nu Mou Totema with a Hume.

struck a nerve didn't I

Ardyn is one of the worst Villains in any FF.
He is the typical Japanese "Joking Villain" who tries too hard to be fun and dandy, but is just annoying. They also made him appear important from the beginning, which made me realize early on that he's probably the right hand of the endboss, too bad he wasn't, because it was even more dissapointing for him to be the endboss

If he appeared as a barely noticable "side character", or even as a good guy, and it only gets revealed that he manipulated shit from the background in the very end, it would have been a much more interesting situation.

One thing is right though, he is still better than Noctis.

No, because evidence suggests it didn't.

And that's where the metaphor broke down, especially since I don't even subscribe to your shitty fanon of events.

*unsheathes picture*

That you have yet to show me.
All you've managed to respond with so far is that it was erased/destroyed because you said so.

I never said that the door was torn apart, you were the one to assume that. A broken door is a door that doesn't open.
Broken refers to not being able to do what something is made for, in this case opening and closing.

I believe i've seen it. Although i can understand the reasoning behind his actions, Griffith is a weak person to sacrifice all who cared for him for power.

I'm not sure why anyone would be on his side here. Guts may be a dickhead, but he's clearly less of a dickhead than Griffith.

No, he created a world free of tyranny that protects the people. Falconia is actually an utopia, with far more advanced technology than existed at the time. Furthermore, Griffith doesn't lead out of self interest, but rather to protect humanity against the horrors that lurked in the world.

I am however in chapter 99, and this sequence is ongoing. There is clearly more to it.

I havent reached that then. I'm gonna wait till 150 or so before really deciding.

This entire site is Holla Forums, even Holla Forums is Holla Forums

No nigger, finish everything before you decide.

As opposed to your rocksolid evidence of blatant bullshit, assumptions, fanon, and wishful thinking.

Incorrect. I said boundary and didn't even mention doors or their condition. It's a moot point anyways, since the metaphor is entirely dogshit, and again, only functions if you subscribe to your fanon. I do not.

Also, a door can be broken in more ways than simply not opening, you dumb poopyhead. For instance, it could be off its hinges, or removed entirely.

Isnt berserk still ongoing?

Don't listen to that faggots lies. Griffith, just like him, peddles lies and false hope, while secretly twisting the knife into all of humanities back.

Griffith a shit. A SHIT!

Griffith was manipulated and tortured until he would accept being the pawn of a greater demon. Unless you're counting on him pulling some sort of double-cross on the demons in the end, I don't see what's to like. He's so horribly broken he's practically a golem.

Guts has had too many synchronicities and too much power scaling to not be the white champion. He's come to his path by mostly his own reason, though he was given that chance due to synchronicity. He's still the most likeable to any sensible person.

We're back where we started.

That's being damaged and not broken you nigger.
Being damaged does not necessarily prevent it from functioning altogether while being broken does.

Yes it is. For eternity actually, since part of the experience is Kentaro never getting off his ass and fapping to [email protected]/* */

You're a shit.

We never left. I, in the higher position of intellectual superiority, while you flail about in the mud soiling yourself and pretty much just looking like a big dunderhead.

so ff15 is pure shit in every conceivable regard, hm?

You intellectual superiority must mean you cannot read a text properly.
When something is broken it cannot possibly function, ever, unless it is repaired, while being damaged does not instantly mean something stops functioning. Your example was an example of being damaged. If the door were missing the handles it could still open, it is damaged but functional.

Which is also not a state of being broken but gone entirely.
It's like you enjoy being retarded for all the world to see, user.

He did no wrong.

Rather I can't read properly then at all, you blind bologna.

Tell me how a door that is not there is a door that functions. This'll be good.

Just kiss already you faggots

Of course you'd think I wasn't aware you typed hinges. This was another example of being damaged while still functional, dipshit.

Are you fucking high? If you remove a door it's not broken nor is it damaged. It does not lose its functionality but its purpose.
It can still function as a door if put back or put somewhere else entirely.
You must be fucking joking by now.

Yes, of course I would. It's almost as if you were directly quoting the part where I typed hinges. This damage control might have worked on a lesser mind, but you'll never slip it by me.

So you readily admit that it can not function as a door, unless some other condition is met. Pray tell then, how is it not broken? It's lost its very function and higher purpose. It's so broken as to not even be a door anymore, being downgraded to mere wooden plank until put back to rights.

Sounds pretty fucking broken to me.

I think what it was is that conduits all over the world died but some conduits are "speshal" conduits and they survived the whatever the fuck it is that the rfi does to kill them.

I'm aware you are this petty, you've kept looking past plenty of things you didn't like and brushed them off.

Function and being a door that can function are worlds apart.
A broken door cannot function under any circumstances unless repaired, or replaced with a door that can function in its stead.

Because it can function, because it meets the conditions of being able to function. Now if the part the door is placed in is broken, the door cannot function either, but it's still not broken. Rather door and frame become a new part that consists of a working and a broken part and is therefor broken itself.

Why do people buy doors in stores where they are not in function but in packages ready to be sold? Because they are guaranteed to not be broken, because otherwise you get your cash back. They meet all conditions to not only function as a door, but also be a door.

Feels like shit man.

And a misplaced door cannot function under any circumstances unless fixed in place.

Do these two circumstances present doors that are unequally broken? no. They are both equally broken.

It does not. For a door to function, it must pivot, swing, and block a boundary. A misplaced door can do none of these. Being capable of functioning is not the same thing as functioning.

I agree. Those wooden planks do meet all of those requirements, and provided they are fitted, they will serve remarkably in their station as a newfound door. Let us all offer our gratitude to them.

Things Holla Forums gets mad about:

She's clearly getting off to slaughter, just repressing it so she can act superior.

The replicants gained self-awareness of their own accord, it was just a byproduct of them being given rudimentary AI to work as soldiers/labor.

I admire their autism.

ESCAPE YOUR CYCLES OF GUILT

A condition that is not met where a door can be used does not make the door broken.

That is a door in function. Not exercising these things does not make it broken. A door that isn't constantly opening or closing isn't broken, it is simply not in use.

That's been my whole point. I never said a removed door functions as door in the place where it was removed from, but it remains a door that can function and is therefor not broken.
As you know a door cannot remove itself from the premises it belongs to, you interfering with its function does not mean it is instantly broken.
You can damage it until it falls out of its frame which means it was forced to stop functioning, but by simply removing it you deprive it of its purpose not its functionality.

RIP

because he didnt, everybody knows that

It seems there are few sane fans of Berserk left.

Sounds pretty jewish to me m8..

The hell it doesn't. A door that isn't exercising it's divine purpose is not a door. It's a wooden plank.

You forgot the third requirement of being a door. Blocking a boundary. A door that isn't constantly opening/closing is still a door by virtue of blocking entrance to a physical space. Not meeting any one requirement doesn't disqualify it from being a door. It's only when it checks all of them off does it return to being a wooden plank.

I'm aware that missing the point has been your 'whole point.' You've been doing it for hours and hours now, but do try to follow along.

A door that is removed from its conceptual purpose is no door. A wide, broad, heavy-ish expanse of wood does not automagically assume the form of a door. It is only when it is used to block a space, and provide access (by pivoting and swinging) does it turn into a door. Thus, removing it from the frame does actually deprive it of both purpose and functionality.

I have proved a picture describing your entire argument. Please forgive the poor penmanship. I am a baddie using a mouse, but it should be legible.

The red and blue ending of Infamous 2 is where the game actually presented us with an actual moral choice even if it was still a shit one. But they still wasted it on trying to paint it as a black and white problem.

All the sane people dropped the series like a brick shortly after Schierke was introduced

This is ignoring WoW Arthas for WC3 Arthas. Tirion is another one of Metzen's pets who of course is not really a dandy character.

Well how about this, you're not using your brain right now, it doesn't stop being a brain nor does it mean it's broken.
Removing it from your head does not make it any less of a brain.

A door does not have to meet all these requirements at the same time, it can't.

Listen to yourself here.

And nobody said that. Because it was already functioning as door, even in your very example right now, it is a door, it has been used as a door, it has fulfilled not only the purpose of being a door but it has also functioned as door. Wood or stone, it could be made of jellyfish for all I care.

What allows the door to pivot to begin with is the frame, which is a separate entity, but combined with a door they form an entrance/exit.

You must have spend more time on this image than thinking this through, and the image being this low quality only goes to show how little thought you put into this.

Silly. A brain is not a door.

Don't be pedantic. It doesn't have to meet all those requirements at the same time, because as you said that's physically impossible. It has to be capable of meeting those requirements at once. That's exactly what I said.

It's incredibly sound logic. I'm sure the door-fans are nodding along with me at home.

You keep magically assuming that a door, taken off its hinges and removed, will keep being a door. Tell me, in my example, where does that door lead to? How does it pivot and swing? It doesn't do either, and that is because it has ceased being a door and returned to being a wooden plank, until such time as it gets put back on its hinges.

Wishful thinking on your part won't make it a door, any more then it'll help you win this argument.

The hinges, actually. You dumb nerd you don't even know dank door-lore. Get out of here with this nigga shit.

Good Lord.

It's something with a function. Without something to connect to like your body it does not exercise its function but it does not cease being what it is.

You are referring to it being able to do those things at all, which a removed door is capable of as well, because it served as a door beforehand.

Maybe in an asylum, but here in the real world it's asinine.
There door was already in use, it is then removed from where it was so it ceases being what it is?
You are thinking of entries/exists as a whole I get the feeling which are composed of door and frame that allow the connection of separate spaces.

Anywhere and nowhere, because a door without a frame is neither entrance nor exit, it does not have to lead you anywhere.
I could put a brick wall behind the door and it would still be a door despite not leading anywhere.

The hinges are already part of the door, arsegoblin.
Put that door on the ground and swivel it and show me a video of you doing it without frame. All you'd be doing is spin it in a circle if it doesn't fall over.

Galcian while being a badass isn't much more interesting then Vyse and wasn't remotely in the right. Neither was Ramirez.

That's because, to the extent of my knowledge, a brain is not comprised of prior components, each with their own functionality and purpose. It's just a brain, and only a brain.

I like that past tense you keep using. It's almost like you implicitly understand you are 100% incorrect, but are deathly afraid to admit it. For the record, a "door" removed from its hinges and spot can not do a single thing that a door can do. Because it's not a fucking door at that point.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it works. Do you not understand what a door is?

Laughter. You attach hinges to a wooden plank, which you then mount in an area. That is the moment your plank becomes a door. Do you think doors just grow in the wild, complete with hinges on them?

And a door is not? You think it magically sustains itself in that form? The hinges you speak of, do they only serve their purpose when attached to a door?

It has been a door, it provides the qualities necessary to do that.
Now when it is removed it does not cease being a door built to be a door, but it becomes something that can be used for various purposes that require the qualities it provides, including being a door.

It does not stop being a door, it stops being an entrance/exit.

I'd not be surprised if you believed that actually.
Much like a brain a door consists of parts that make it a door.

That is the moment it becomes a frame with a door and forms and entrance/exit.

Yes, to basically all of that.

I'm glad to see you're finally admitting it. Now the final step is to realize that that something it becomes is decidedly not a door.

And you lost it. That brief spark of intellect was smothered by sheer denseness, before it even had a chance. Cry and weep for its passing. You might never see the likes of it again.

And one of those parts is fulfilling the three conceptual requirements of a door, as started above. A wooden plank laying about, no matter how much it looks like a door, is ultimately not a door.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mu8C_d4CwfM&feature=youtu.be&t=2m21s
Holla Forums cant do time links

This is no admission. It remains a door. You can call it wooden plank with hinges if you like instead. Maybe call your computer in its off state a "no spark dark metal container", I'd rather call it a computer.

That's not a part, that's functionalities. I could smack nails into wood with my hands, that doesn't make them a hammer. They might fulfill what is necessary to do the required feat, but it is not a hammer physically and by concept of what we have defined a hammer needs to have to be a hammer. A handle and a head in this case.

A door that is built, made, created for the purpose of being a door is a door, whether it is attached to something or not. I could attach a human to a door frame and have him swing open and close, but he is no door because his body making him human supersedes him being a door. He was made to be a human. The parts that make a door so it can function as door do the same to the plank of wood or whatever material it is made of.

I'm glad you're no comedian, user, you'd be bood and hackled off the stage like there's no tomorrow.

The biggest problem is that they didn't do SHIT to stop the Starscourge. Ardyn started popping demons out when he got pissed off and full of demons, but he was never the original source of them. And now we don't have an Oracle or a Chosen King to fix the REAL problem.

What happened to "purifiying our star", guys? It's like they died taking care of a side quest and forgot the main threat.

That's the end of the game dude. If you sit there you get to go and "shoot some fucking guns" with him.

Red Lightning killed all the humans man, neither ending can be canon.

Caim should've killed that flaming faggot Noway when he had the chance and derailed the game into genociding the shit out of everything that stands with Angelus

At least he killed death and went out like a champ.

YES

Red Lightning doesn't IMMEDIATELY kill all humans. Cold becomes the Beast and begins a march activating conduits and killing normals. Basically being a walking Ray Sphere.

stop it

you're about 4 hours late, m8

You two have been going at this for nearly ten hours.
I'm sure that other motherfucker will come back soon and you'll start debating if semen is still semen after you've swallowed it.

If we need an expert on that we'll ask you

Didn't Combine kind of want to turn humanity into a mindless slave race? I thought that was what was implied. I know that Breen went for the realist option by trying to work with them, but he always seemed to be delusional to me, believing that Combine gives a shit about humanity in any way and that working with them won't end in a nightmarish situation where all humans will be forced to become stalkers.

u wot m8

Stopped reading there

Protect that smile

Governor Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising

welp he's a senator.