7.62 Hard Life

I recently picked this back up. Does anyone have all the pastebins?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3EhPVhar
mega.nz/#!Idom0DbQ!JtulU6zHPCIYDzVmpbrvB91-bDFCVzOdqYRM2oFY_8Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All that text is completely unnecessary.

Yeah I need em too. I tried playing it back when we had the threads but it crashed and I never picked it back up.

this game gave me more BSOD's than windows CE/ME/NT combined.

Here ya go.
pastebin.com/3EhPVhar

I just downloaded this last night, I'm very much looking forward to playing. I'm very interested in hearing all tips and experiences others have had

By the way, the fix for the mine quest hanging at "loading actors" is to dismiss Fighter.

Thanks.

time to post stale screenshots

Does this game play kinda like commandos?
I've been looking for games that play like that for a while now and shadow tactics was barely able to sate my hunger for the genre.

Now i have to reinstal it

Thanks you faggots

You've got some great KKK operatin ahead of you user. Make Onkel proud.

I would say yes but in commando there was lot more running around. Here you'll get shot and either killed or ptsd at long range when those niggers have anything other than smgs.
To this day I don't know if they were hostile or not, but in my mind it was real, they were banditos. All least that's what Friedrich tells himself every night before falling asleep. Just kidding, Friedrich gives 0 fucks

So it's commandos mixed with jagged alliance with more realistic view cones? i'm cool with that.

I know it kinda off topic, but i was looking for a game i played when i was a kid, that played kinda like that too, it was 3d, and you had a group of mercenaries that you had to use to go though missions (there was no open world) and you could drive vehicles too, i think the second mission was a oil refinery that you need to blow up and then get away on a hummer. one of the two starting characters were a bald nigga.

Its more like Jagged alliance 2 but in 3d
There is not s much sneaking

There is sneaking though, especially at night, you can pull of diversion and other sorts of sneaky gorilla warfare.

I take from the posts that there is a various playstyles to the game?
I really like games that let you decide how to tackle the problems in it.
Shadow Tactics was horrible at that.

It's a bit daunting how rudderless it is tbh. I couldn't figure out what to do or how to make money or who to talk to to get missions. Maybe when I have more free time I'll dive back into this game.

You´re thinking of Soldiers of Anarchy.

You can play whatever specific style you want but you will not always have the perfect conditions to. Like I go CQB night ops most of the time but I gotta be prepared to duke it out during the day when I get ambushed by jamal or paquito, because thats how most map encounter are going to be like.

I think it's more that they don't explain nothing, so you actually don't know how to do basic shit you need to have fun with the game than not having a goal.
I'm playing here, and i can't understand wtf is going on in the game, i have a bunch of accessories for weapons, but i can't seem to equip them, the rebel leader say that i need to take the bodies and put them somewhere else, but i can't pick bodies with the action button, then i come back and he completely forgot about the bodies and sent me to run after some guys that will alert the gov. but he doesn't give me the map so i don't know where the hell i need to go, i can't seem to be able to carry ammo anywhere but my hand and the place were my acc. are, but the acc you get already occupy the that entire part of the inventory, so i probably need a backpack, and i can't find one anywhere.

It's like buying a new microwave that came without the manual, then you press the button to defrost a piece of meat and it ask you the code and you don't have the foggiest idea of what the hell you need to do.
The only thing i found that looks like a guide is this video series on youtube.

It seems you're right! thanks user!

Thats why the pastebin exists bruh

Every single spec op tactical manual can be applied to great effect. Shotgun is king of the urban battlefield.

The problem is the game actually expects its players to have at least played JA2. To anyone who played JA, JA2 or E5, the UI in 7.62 comes naturally and the absurd quest logs understandable.

Hard life or Blue sun mod

With one is better?

Look at it this way. BSM is easy mode with lots of free mercs, firearms and hidden goodies (and a very nice field testing mode).

Hard life is someone's attempt to transplant JA2 into this engine and doing a pretty decent job at it.

Ive already played Hard life and kinda liked it

So is BSM worth my time if im looking for challenge and fun?

BSM is much less challenging than hard life.

Does this game run well on current WindOS and how clunky is the interface?

This game looks like the bastard offspring of xcom ufo defence and jagged alliance 2.. What, why, when, how, who, but most importantly;where

Read the thread dummy.

How viable is it to solo? I hate micromanaging multiple characters in real-time.

About this viable. You have to quite tactically aware of the operation area and you have to be smart enough to know when to leg it or the enemy will simply swarm you and kill you once they are entrenched.

Absolutely, i got a second merc at the end of my campaign

Oy, I need a screenshot of the full map in english locale from one of you faggots.

Is there a playable/enjoyable game somewhere in this mess?

Thats part of the fun, git gud

Yes.

also pastebin updated

Where do you think the concept of a machine spirit comes from anyway?

WUB WUB WUB

Fugg
Nobody is seeding

How im supposed to play it if i cannot even download it

the game is less than 2 bux on steam m8

What do I do in the 10 day trip to town?

You dont do it.
You talk to the camp leader until he gives you a mission that instantly takes you to PV.

I did that. Want to know what I do while I'm there during the 10 day timelimit for that mission.

whats this slav bs?

RMB your dogtags, choose gather info or some shit.

a sage is not a downvote

then why are you responding as if it is?

Informing you that you're an idiot doesn't make it sound like he's responding to a downvote.

but doesnt it?

No.

Im trying to degooglify the HUD right now, what you niggers thing is better, "waistbelt" or simply "belt"?
its "waist" in the original obviously

Waist was already the best choice.

If you´re a gook maybe.

the most autistic part of the fix is de-facto finished

Noice, time to become "el segador", as these spic bandits would say.

Im in the process of enlarging certain HUD elements, does the button look passable or should I just scrap it?

I having a really bad time finding repair kits from bandits, so far im good with a Mosin but i really want a good AR to handle shit properly and Mosin ammo is pretty rare.

You can use a multitool to clean and repair your gun manually, you´d need spare parts for repairing tho.

The fix is uploaded to the workshop, git it while its hot.

-shotguns
-seriously, fucking shotguns
-keep your mercs separated in 2 person fireteams, so if one goes down the other can at best get them back up and at worst loot them
-when you finish the jungle babbymode, get a car immediately. you can buy papers for it but if you don't, just stay off the roads
-when crossing the border, either load the trunk of your car (if you have papers) with your illegal weaponry
-kissing ass to the cops is the easiest way to get a military weaponry license
-set up ambushes. seriously
-don't sweat gear too much, pretty much immediately after crossing the border you'll be up against much better equipped enemies who have armour etc, which means once they've got a bullet in their head that's all yours
-learn to make a shitFAL, that's an excellent weapon until you get to the higher tier shit

-learn to make a shitFAL
gudFAL you mean
altho a shitFAL cleaned up and repaired is not bad either

It's the closest thing to JA 3 we'll ever get.

What do I do after gathering info? Walk back?

Can you actually get a chopper eventually or am I just being trolled like Rico's car sales?

What do you need a boring chopper for?
Why not just roll with your swag truck and loot Jamals?

You dont actually have a time limit on returning the info, only on gathering it. You might want to get a permit for the red zone and a car with papers first. Makes smuggling easier.

Why would you want a chopper when you can have a rad ass BTR-60?

How do I get the permit and car?

You can either buy a car with papers included, or forge the papers in Sagrada.

Oh right, theres several ways to get a permit, one way is to take some gubmint missions, the other is to go all the way down to Cali Cantinos where one is hidden in a shitter.

we russian hackers now

HUD fix updated and uploaded to the workshop

I dont get the difference

Its like a 10th of whats been fixed m8.

Ive rewritten like half of all item interaction context windows and feedback.

You're a hero to us all user

Isn't the FAL a battle rifle? There's a lot more to fix than what the slavs already did it seems.

Theres no distinction between assault and battle rifles in ruskie

PSA
DO NOT RUN BSM W/O MERCAPOCALYPSE

THAT IS ALL

Please elaborate, I'm thinking of trying BSM.

there's some broken mechanics in BSM, like tax income from captured cities and a few broken quests. Mercapocalypse fixes that and adds new content. The only downside is that the game runs out of memory first.

Stands for both Failure to Fire and Failure to Feed.

Its kinda both in the game´s context tbh fam
you waste a round and have to reload while the weapon doesnt fire

In BSM/Mercapocalypse, do failed repair attempts count towards level-up, or only successes?

oh, and is there a way to change the stupid "EPIC FAIL le xDDDDD" message when a repair attempt fails?

fixed up some more google translate tier shit
go get it

mostly interaction points speech responses

the "challenge" of hard life lies solely in its shit translation and point-and-click adventure game bullshit.

I went to play dice with a barkeeper and he says I cheated. How do I fix this?

Shoot him in the head obviously. That's what a slav does when he gets called a cheat.

fixed up more google translate shit, this time in the vehicle interaction department

the saga continues

You are doing gods work user

That's the thing with all of those Eastern European games of dubious quality when it comes to game stability which are blatant clones of successful series in a niche genre. They expect the playerbase to already be acquainted with the game they ripped off and the game manual itself is of very little help.

No its just that russian gamedev does not care about the call of duty audience, thus forgoing any sense of quality control and player friendliness in order to implement more features they want in there.
Western gamedev makes NuCOM instead.

Very good point, but it's what I said too. As a proud Slav I know how we like and make our games here. The more complex we can make every aspect of the game, the more enjoyable we find it.

It means you quickloaded when you lost your money. Waiting for a while before gambling again will fix that

I think you lack knowledge on both mods there user.

I guess that's true. Russia never tried to make the AK work with Nugget food while US went on to make a full auto M1 garand.

So what do I do in the bank robbery mission?

You can exchange yourself for the bank manager and sneak a pistol in.

pastebin updated with skill correspondent starter items

I was doing the sniper way and I can't hit the leader. Aim shows a clear shot but the glass appears bulletproof. Even if I shoot the glass first I'm told I can't see the target.

I did it the sniper way before. It's annoying thing where you have to use the manual aim feature instead of just pointing and clicking on the head. Try scope view, align it to the person in question and click on the head. IIRC that's how I managed to snipe.

Enable aim window and manually aim for the cunt.

Just found this gem in the old picture folder. Yes, ricochets do happen when some idiot fires at a surface at a bad angle. Yes, I had AIs kill themselves this way before. Though pic related is the only time I managed to notice it or am close enough to see it.

Like other anons said use the aim window, your merc will aim roughly where you click in it. But don't expect the bank manager to make it out the front door safely that way, he tends to run straight into bullets.

i remember this being UNBELIEVABLY difficult to do even with the aim window, and seem to remember that the quest bugged anyhow and the police went hostile on me. honestly you're better off going inside and getting violent with the pistol

I got lucky in my run. The manager somehow managed to kung fu his way out and cleared the second floor for me. By the time I sprinted to the entrance and proceeded to shotgun the first guy guarding the door, he was already at the bottom of the stair beating up another guy further back.

It happens if your bullet ricochets at the window frame and hit both the manager and the goon. I've done it like that before according to the logs.

"Adoption" renamed to "Familiarity"
now I can retire

Well I did the quest the quickdraw way. Despite dialog the "rosebox" way (guitar case) does work. Good thing I pointed a 1911 at a wall a bunch before coming to the city. A SWAT dude got killed, which means an upgraded helmet for me. Stashed everything in the gun dealer's ammo can.

Also a random civilian killed himself on the hidden mine.

What should I do now? Go back to Sangara and talk to the TV guy? Wait for my hunting license to come in? Any quest I can get now?

Do the chupacabra quest in sagrada

How do I start that?

By finishing the Alguerian Style Robbery

Is Hard Life or BSM better?

i like hard life best but i also liked FFXII so what do i know

Does it start automaticly or do I need to talk to someone?

Now that I think about it, just try going further down the bolis questline until you get sent there.

fixed up the coachgun to count as civilian grade in a rather dirty fashion, its in a separate workshop item

but user, the assault clipazine and barrel shroud are clearly visible on that thing

Also

FUCKING NEGROS USING MOSIN AND GARAND RIFLES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So apparently 7.62 is a sequel to a game that took place in Palinero.

Can anyone summarize what your character did in that game?

Where the hell did the banker go after he was released as a hostage? He didn't die (didn't have a corpse after battle and I didn't fail), but I can't find him.

He may flee the town completely if I remember right, he should show back up when you reenter.

He hasn't.

So how exactly am I supposed to make the auto-fal? I have the guns, manual, and cleaning kit.

Bump cause all the guides are in cheeki breeki

Have you tried right-clicking?

yup, I've thrown everything on the ground, in a container, cant hold everything; clicked on the book, the kit, the guns, but I never get the "choose from best" prompt.

Get the Fighter to join you and give him the remanining 2 guns

You only get the prompt when you hold it in your hand

this is a slav game, thx.

nah played both for over 100 hours. bsm is leagues better tbh.

is vanilla good in this game or should I mod the first playthrough?

its good but less stable. and terribly translated.

Hey, how do I get my guys to pick up shit on the ground during combat? One of my guys dropped his gun and doesnt have a spare.

nvm

crossposting from /k/

here´s what I found out:

1) the holster is FUBAR, its not even supposed to be one, they changed around some shit when they designated special holsters for the big pistols, except those are FUBAR too and unusable right now

basically the item that looks and smells like a big holster is not infact a holster at all, and from what it behaves like is supposed to be a tacticool belt for quick attachment swap

Im propably gonna try and fix its appearance at least next couple of days instead

2) The negative attribute removal shit from weapons is Homebase trader exclusive. If you can report it not working with the homebase trader Imma try and fix that. Cant guarantee anything since its apparently encryped.

3) Ammo display is hardcoded to use its ID as its name in the files so the only solution to fix that would be to rewrite every instance the ID is used in, which is doable but complete overkill for a simple translation job.

4) Apparently the next update is in the soon™ phase rather than in the when its done phase, so belts and cars and ammo and all that shit may be fixable in the near future.

I'm trying to do the 'Supply Channel: Ammunition' quest for the rebels, but I can't load the ammo into the vehicle to deliver it.

red background means the position is known but it has to be manhandled by one of your mercs first

Thanks.

Oh by the way I updated the pastebin a couple of times lately from feedback from /k/

You do realize even [email protected]/* */ admits that BSM started out as an English translated branch of early Hard Life that turned into an optional easy mode right? The quest mode in BSM was originally made for people who ventured out to play hard life but found it too difficult (because slav written quests typically are like that).

I still think the way [email protected]/* */ handled CGL like vanilla was a mistake. The nature of engagements immediately change when people are limited to certain firearms and poof goes the tension. To successfully solo in BSM is also much easier than current Hard Life.

*R @ S

Jim is such a homo.

The only ways of getting car papers is actually buying a car?. Stole a red car (Ford "something something numbers") and everytime i get stopped at the police checkpoint, they take the car away unless i pay them 5000 everytime they stop me :^)

You can forge them but its usually more cost-effective to buy a car.

What's a good car to buy early?

Willys
But don't but the one from the commies it doesn't have papers

The earliest car with papers that I get is the Gaz from a trader that you paid taxes for.

Willys jeep is fine too, its faster but gaz has more weight capacity.

pastebin and mod both updated to several degrees

Which trader?

If it's the GAZ I think it's the quest with the German trader trying to escape the country with his loot.

Question: If a load up a crate with grenades and other millitary grade stuff and put it in my trunk, would that stop the cops from taking my shit away?. Wooden crates are civilian as far as i know, unless their turn millitary the second i put a grenade there, some carbines turn into service/millitary if you place maganizes in them but if they don't they behave like regular hunting guns.

I'm not sure if crates work, but I used to carry my military grade firearms and spec ops grade attachments (silencers are never legal) in those gun cases sold in campecino sold by the airsoft vendor, then backpacks that I can stash entire guns in once I got to cali cantinos. I usually stash them in the trunk when I don't need them or whenever I'm going through the border. Basically I stop and enter the map once I cross the border, equip my team of merc with highly illegal firearms and attachments and put the backpack back in the truck, and do the reverse whenever I go into government controlled areas (I actually keep a separate loadout of shotguns, semi automatic rifles and M1911 variants for when my team is in cities to RP as good citizens instead of totting tacticool scary looking "assault rifles" around cops). If you have a licensed car, the Bolis will almost never harass you for things in your trunk unless you're driving with your cock out the window or something.

The nomenclature IIRC is separated like this.

Civilian - usual civilian firearms like coach guns (after the user fixed it), compact revolvers, low cap pistols, no high cap magazines (limited to single stack magazines not exceeding 10 rounds), no semi auto rifles.

Hunting - Unlocks semi auto rifles. I had a semi auto only (but with really fancy stats) Bushmaster AR15 carbine (XM-15-E2S) which when slapped with a 10 round magazine that it came with, becomes a hunting rifle. Most shotguns, even police grades ones fall into this category, which is very good for your merc indeed because hunting licenses are really easy to come by if not to outright purchase.

Service - Unlocks high cap magazines for both rifles and pistols. Slapping a 30 round STANAG or PMAG turns my Bushmaster into a service rifle. Slapping my Glock 17 with a high cap mag turns it into a service pistol. Once you have the police license, you can carry your high cap mags with you in the city.

Military - If it's select fire, automatic or shoots grenades it goes in here. Oh and anything that isn't a stun grenade, a flashbang or smoke grenade also goes in here.

Special (Spec Ops) - Silencers. Never slap on your silencers in front of the bolis.

Any illegal trader. You get a mission from the mayor to make the trader pay taxes, if you pay the taxes for him (10k) he will have a GAZ to sell to you some time later.

When you have a car with papers and a red zone permit the cops will never take the shit in your trunk away because they will never inspect your car.

"Warehouse"? How do I trigger it?

Anything specific you fags have requests for that I can look into changing?

Ill just continue with merc one liners otherwise

Maybe some of the takedown translations? Some are vague and annoying like "push carrier upward" on a damn shotgun.

Tbh fam nobody ever reads them since you can just press 1 until the gun is cleaned.
Thats aside from the fact that the files I believe they´re stored in are inaccessible without devtools due to some shenanigans.

Judging from the info I got I assume one of the devfags was REALLY pissed that the BSM devs stole their shit and the absolute core files got a second layer of encryption since.

make a 60 niggers mod that makes all bandit encounters have 60 niggers in it.

The 60 niggers encounter is called getting a small loan of one million eldo in this game.

What area is this in?

Looks like the bank entrance.

So the banker finally returned (he's upstairs, may have missed him latter checks).

Is deposting in the bank safe? +8.33% per month with no withdrawl restrictions sounds too good to be true.

Yes, its generally a good idea to keep your cash in the bank since theres triggers at some points that check your wallet and initiate a migrant crisis in the sector you´re in.

Where is the publishing house head the TV guy tells me to help?

wew

Follow the clues you casull
he´s in CC

CC?

He just tells me to help the guy and doesn't even give a name.

There's also a quest down the independent questline where Tanya suspects you of treachery and robs you of your carried equipment and all your pocket cash. You're then kicked out of the rebel camp with nothing but a knife and expected to survive. Your crew will be waiting for you back at the army base.

Ye´re supposed to search on Campecino for clues

also rate my autism fort

autism fort fell off

That's pretty glorious.
I cheated in fucktons of explosives for that mission once just to see how quickly I could end it
It was magnificent

Can the AI even cross that? Or do they retreat and enter from the flanking exit instead?

They dont need to cross, the furthermost sandbag is where the PC has to stand to trigger the conversation, futhermore it is technically passable. The PC has no problems walking through the sanbags, if very awkwardly.

I just parked my guys on the hill and shot the boss in the head when he came. If he came with that many people to (((negotiate))), he knows nothing of diplomacy and is an uncivilized shitskin brute that deserves lead

Shooting people on sight is generally a bad idea, it breaks a lot of quests.

it's their fault for existing

So far I shot my way well into the independent questline where I stopped playing for a while now because my autism triggered when a new version dropped and my gun became invisible (in the inventory menu) unless I took off my foregrip (NO!!) or use a double mag (MUH WEIGHT AND AIM TIME!!).

Nothing's broken yet so so far this is the best slav made shit I've ever seen.

360 noscope blaze it faget

I hope you gave servulo a rifle because he's pretty much the best shot of the group.

Everyone got Garands and Servulo has the SKS

PING

Those vintage lever actions are actually quite deadly for that mission because close to no one among the bandits wear any good body armor. How did you get enough M1 for everyone? IIRC there was like 4 M1 in the stash.

I also remember that Hard Life took out M1 clips, so using loose ammo in your pockets is the quickest way to reload.

Ive looted an M1 and 4 mauser carabines on my way there

I guess one could say that guy was disarmed

ebin

It's like you hate quick aiming.
Simply ebin.

Weird thing that i managed to complete this mission early on. I had to hold off by the river bank with 4 braindead peasant (since the other 5 got stuck in a palm tree near the village head) and the native guy. Kinda sucks since Elias died in that encounter.

I just opened the door when I realized the gun was not very good for CQB

That mission is supposed to be done early on.
Its a kind of trial by fire, if you cant beat that mission you wont have fun with the game.

Also, spot the angry russian in this pucture

Wew bad move there lad. Either make some noise and wait for someone to open the door or go around said structure. It's never smart to open up a door unless you know you have someone else aiming down the door for a quick aimed shot. That or switch to a more compact firearm like a pistol like an actual pointman.

the russian just got exponentially angrier

bitch nigger

MIND=BLOWN

Fucking slavs man. Why can't western devs do this shit when they multimillion dollar budgets?

It doesnt sell well

Has anyone really given it an honest shot instead of just pandering to the perceived masses though?

Not since the corporations realised they can make a bunch of money. The investors want to know they'll be making a solid return.

It's not that, it's that it can't be put onto the back of a box in a way that justifies the dev time, according to execs.

How many quests in till I get service license? Where can I get an optics ready AR variant?

Unless the lead dev is really good at marketing speak and packages it in a set like "next generation realistic gameplay" ala Rockstar's STAIRS technology, it's not going to pass a boardroom meeting.

How the hell did you get those this early?

The revolver was a random drop from Jamal, the RPK is from an unfortunate rebel commander from the mine raid.

Oh wait fuck me the revolver is from Shaun King over in the screen

couldnt fix large holster, made this instead

OK, so he drops a random nice pistol.

Is it possible to start a new game at the end of the espionage mission? Or basically start the game with neutral relations without having to do all the shitty rebel tutorial missions?

You got ideological concerns fam or are you having trouble with the village defense?

My trouble is those first few missions aren't very fun on the 2nd go around.

Don't shoot anyone in the first battle, take one of the government soldiers uniforms and head north, you'll have to manage to get through the checkpoint without killing anyone but if you're sneeki breeki or just really lucky and sprint you can make it to PV and go from there. I don't know if this will break quests later but you will lose out on opening the mine for sure.

Which starting merc has the best stats?

someone said pajeet I think

Btw that is Sanjay, he doesn't look like a poo in the loo at all.

Did you offer vodka to the engines machine spirit?

I offered oatmeal cookies and tee, and now it works again

Since it was a pain to find, this will allow you to edit .azp files.

mega.nz/#!Idom0DbQ!JtulU6zHPCIYDzVmpbrvB91-bDFCVzOdqYRM2oFY_8Q

Also whoever did those recent mods on steam should post this to the workshop for posterity since I couldn't find TC with the right AZP plugins anywhere on the net.

I CAN'T STOP HOARDING SHIT, I WANT TO SELL EVERYTHING. WHEN I GO TO GET MORE SHIT FROM THE STASHES I END UP KILLING ANOTHER 50 NIGGERS, MAKING THE WHOLE LOOT POOL EVEN BIGGER!

Workshop forbids uploading shit that isnt videogames tbh fam.

I guarantee you most of the shit you find in the jungle is broken, busted, or otherwise undesirable. Its usually not worth the fuel to gather UZIs for example.

wew
that means the script shat itself
restart the game and try again from before you accepted the mission

I probably accidentally moved before hiding the weapon and the regular popos saw me with it.

It's a sign. The regular popos want to see a SWAT kungfu his way into the bank

I did that mission with my character's 1911 because I already had maxed familiarity with it. Hid it in the banjo case.

Uploaded some shit I found on the forums to the workshop, adds a bunch of weapon crafting and hand made suppressors.

How do you get around the draconian gun laws besides breaking them? Are there any actually good hunting class weapons?

Just toss all your shit into a pile on the ground every time you go into a city.

It just means that the gun passed the test to become a sort of DMR ya dolt.

Everything that isnt burst is hunting with low-caps. All true sniper rifles are hunting. LV96A1 counts as a hunting rifle.
I was using the M1 all the way up to getting a bolis license and am using the Mini14 in the current playthrough.

Dont use the stash for long term storage, it wipes itself from time to time. Use an existing container or build one yourself when in town.

better one

Shit dude you could have just asked.

No, I mean literally take stuff out of your inventory and toss it on the ground. Pick it back up before you leave.

Does anyone else crash when you try and deploy a tripwire? I don't know if its a mod conflict or what causing this.
The one time I wanted to use them too.

What's this music?

SKS with scope is pretty nifty.

OK definitely not a mod conflict as it still happens vanilla. I'll just chock it up to slav programming.

Angry Middle-Aged Slavic Man Piercing Salon and Abortion Clinic successfully expands into Ciudad de Oro

Is this guy important, or should I accept the "gift" of a shitton of real fucking NATO that his sucididal cops gave me?

congrats, your save is borked
was about to add that to the pastebin
reload the fight and ensure that Corvini lives

OK, have a save before talking to the guy to meet in the forest.

What's bad about it?

Also: Why does my merc say they have bad feeling about a bar when turning in the government quest?

You wont be able to take bolis missions and after you complete another quest later all bolis and military will be holstile forever if you decide to hire a merc

That depends whenever your merc is male or female ;^)
Its one of the prerequisite quests for the independent storyline.

The pastebin says Cameron can be found in the palace. How the hell does that work?

I'm playing Kim.

Its not immideate.

What?

Cameron being at the palace m8

Why are you translating foreend into upper? you're not replacing the upper receiver so foreend would be correct.

Its a mistranslation that I forgot to fix tbh fam
what you´re doing is replacing the handguard

As a matter of fact Imma go fix that right now

Man, i would love a mod for this with a middle east/90s slav wars setting.

You can put your weapons in your backpack and the put your backpack in the hand slot, or use a crate and smuggle shit like that, or put all the illegal shit in the trunk.

they fixed that some time ago m8, I only remembered myself because I got busted smuggling 40 sacks of gold sand

Is there any point to cobbling together a less-shitFAL? I'm using the pump actions and bolt actions you can nab off bandits, they're amazing.

the less-shitFAL is the most versatile weapon you can get this early in the game, it has okay accuracy, okay damage, it has burst and it has little to no drawbacks aside from the lack of ammo, from which all weapons this early suffer from that arent SMGs

the M1 and the kar98 are the best weapons you can get before finishing Seven, if you're not going full autist and holocaust Jamal in the jungle until you have enough shit for a Sniper AKM

personally battle rifles are my weapons of choice early game, switching to semi-auto marksman rifles mid-game

So i figured out the all the looted weapons traits only affect accuracy, they go like this. (Worse to Best, it reads from Left to Right)

If pastebin dude is here, add that shit somewhere.

You could have just asked m8

I was sent by the mayor to deliver a briefcase to another mayor, but a large gang attacked me on route. My merc mentioned something about taking the leader alive (which I presume is why they all had the name "bandit"), but I never saw a leader and they all died. What was supposed to happen?

I could just take the message via fast travel (train to sangara then taxi to huricane town) which seems uneventful.

In quest related bandit encounters the last one alive usually surrenders.
This often bugs out but its not detrimental to the quests usually.

What is supposed to happen when they surrender?

Besides the piles of AKMs needed, it says I need a "pila", "molotok" and "wood_plate" to make those wooden boxes. Are the first 2 on the multitool and is the wood_plate just wood sticks?

They drop their weapon and you can talk to them.
If they got a gun that means the script shat itself, just shoot them dead.

"molotok" means "hammer", the toolbox is the only toolset that has it

what you´re looking at are bruteforced variations of the recipe, they ensure that guns in boxes count towards crafting the Sniper AKM, you dont actually need any boxes, just a way to hold all 8 guns at the same time
this can also be accomplished by having 2 mercs hold each 4 guns

wew, all I need are the 8 guns or do I need the manual in my inventory like the FAL?

But what do they say?

8 guns, the manual and the cleaning kit
be sure that you have at least one AKMN or you´re getting a "reliable" AKM instead

Is this true? I haven't had a stat increase in about 5 of those battles where you start them.

You have to shot one of them unconscious or at least wound the last bandit in order to talk to him, im guessing that is how it works, it was like that in the bus kidnapping quest.

Jesus christ, all these natives are fucking monsters. If fight them in broad daylight you're pretty much fucked sadly they are my only reliable source of 7,92 ammo

1: How do I progress along the indepnendant path past drinking?
2: Am I supposed to be attacked by the guards at the drug baron's place? I have both letters.

1. Just do a few more missions for either side until a midget comes to blackmail you.

2. They´re not guards, the actual guards wont attack you

OK. Figured that out once I tried talking to sneak up to a guard and talk to him..

What the hell was the deal with the hostile dudes?

Half the country wants you dead and pays the other half of the country to do it m8.

nicely done

Ive got my hands on a walkthrough lads, ask your questions cause I aint translating a hundred pages

Shouldn't the Baron's guards like… care there's a gun fight going on in their courtyard?

Does it have a list of Guns by CGL?

I can give you the list in plaintext if you wanna rearrange it by CGL ;^)

its in
7.62 Hard Life\Data\HardLife.zip\HARDLIFE\ItemLevels.xml

do you have any info about appending to itemlists? im fucking about with adding firearms, currently just copying the whole itemlist and adding mine onto there, adding only new items doesn't work.
why the fuck does it crash every time the model is loaded, proper clusterfuck tbh
also why the fuck are the human meshes in binary X format while guns are in ASCII X
why the fuck are the textures not actually targa, but jpeg renamed to targa

HardLife.zip\HARDLIFE\ItemLevels.xml

Oh OK.

What's the soonest I can get an AR without a permanant charging handle?

How many government quests must I do for a service license?

Try looking for expensive civilian AR 15 platforms. I used my Bushmaster well into the end game portion and when I got it it was a "hunting" rifle.

also
No idea what you're implying, but assault rifles are all military grade. Even bolis licence doesn't allow you to wave it around.

No, you do bolis quests. The bolis questline and the government questline are not the same.

I was wondering when such an expensive AR would pop up. I saw a Bushmaster+ACOG on the cop who kills the game if he dies.

How do I continue the police quests? Never heard saw anything offered after the bank robbery.

I'm pretty sure I got mine from looting and not purchase, but I'm also pretty sure I didn't kill the police chief for it. Probably a dead cop somewhere because I'm pretty sure I got the gun before the bank robbery mission.

IIRC after 2 in game weeks, the police chief gives you a never ending quest to bring in bounties of bandits which you gather up by having a camera on your body. IIRC that's when he gives you your service license.

Nope you get one during the chupacabra quest in Sagrada.

The itemlists are hardcoded right now, the devs are trying to externalize item lists for the next patch

the only way to add new weapons is to replace old ones

How do I start that? Stopped the selling of guns from the shooting range (boobytrap+running) because the guy I need to talk to for that was hidden in the police station.

There's now a "gunner" military NPC with no real dialog in the police station

Why is the colt SMG illegal and not military?

You get a radio message.

town garrisons will get reinforced with higher tier troops the further you progress into the game

Need pics. Illegal means illegal modifications and if your colt "SMG" is in fact a very short barreled rifle, it's illegal.

Guess I gotta try this game again. Wish me luck anons

wew lad

Wait, so all of those FALs have to be IN my inventory to me cleaned and used? And I need a kit? I have like two pockets to hold shit with.

the autism continies

funfact: you can stack 2 sandbag barriers on top of each other (more like half on top) to create slightly higher cover that prevents you from shooting over it while crouched, but also prevents you from being hit while behind it

People in Algeira don't give a shit about foreigners:

thanks user, guess im waiting for the new patch

Made a small texture mod to fix the utterly shit and bland ShortAK texture that annoyed me

at least texture replacements work without any bullshit

And this is why I always pack smokes.
Hotboxed the bar and circled around wasting the unfortunate souls that tried to give chase, and there they are on a silver platter.
The guy with the AF had a stroke and started running around in circles until he caught a 10mm.
Also 10mm is really fucking great as a balance between >9mm and .44

If you want to tinker around with textures you might be interested in the Mercopalypse texture mod floating in the workshop, might be a better base for retexturing since they´re higher resolution.

also I sure hope you faggots do this

Anyone here played Marauder/Man of Prey?

Is there a way to unload shit from boxes fast to the ground? I have 100000 items in the boxes at the guerilla camp and I really want to sell some of it but transporting it to the trader / picking it up and then throwing on the ground is taking forever.

Also how do I use the stashes on the main map? I cant seem to open / enter them.
When I do travel on them and go into the area its just completely empty.

Get inside the area where the stash is and then right click your dog tags, then open the stash. Sometimes you can't enter an area because the game doesn't works as intended, so you have to press ESC twice in orden to fix the "enter zone" button.

get a car

can I take the drug barons house as a base? I've been attacking cartel convoys and now they're hostile to me.

I don't really plan to do other retextures unless something else starts annoying me.
Uploaded to steam workshop too now, hasn't shown up in the general listing yet, no idea how the fuck steam workshop works.

not that i know of, only the army base and the other one later are suitable.

Yeah it's not as good as 7.62 and its railroaded. Don't bother unless you really want to play it for some reason.

I bought it

You poor bastard. Have you played it yet? It's on my list for a day I have the whole day off

Dabbled with it. I remember losing my first playthrough when the peasant horde attacked, but taht was a year or so ago.

If you don't have a saiga or a akm like in my pic earlier, you're going to get fucked by the peasant horde. I actually killed most of them in a corner but I took the screenshot at the entrance for the cinematic feel.

Where'd you get that?

Looting and the market. Pretty sure I got the saiga off the market.

Why?

This is how you keep pistols relevant CQB weapons well into late game where everyone is rocking body armor.

How do I access this operation?

Context menu on magazine. Go into properties then manual reload or something equivalent IIRC. I used to do it for my LMGs so that I had tracers firing every 3rd round to buff my aim if I went auto

hnnnngh thank you

fugg I cant remember, do traders respawn? I always reloaded when one got killed
for some fucking reason a "Racket" with the electronics trader got initiated even tho I declined to take it and now every time I come to sagrada he gets murdered in seconds

need new bread

lets just wait until this one slides off the board

yup new bread time

i think he means the m4 like rifle that shoots .45acp? its been forever since i played this game.

that gun is pretty rad when you first start out, good use for grease gun ammo you pick off baddies.

Just for future refernce >>> is for cross site linking e.g. >>>Holla Forums589254 ,Tech's intro sticky. >> Is for linking inside the board e.g.