/ogc/ - Racing Vidya Thread - Don't fuck the Skyline edition

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition

Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

Mumble:

Our Uplay spreadsheet (Currently for The Crew):
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepEGcLRmODiyFZwWpDDB6rdMHaAm-TMjlsbEOpAOzDA_kMTA/viewform
To add others, check here;
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ibxzGQ8J0LWpYXcmn0cXHoLos4d50SXSBBm6OCbwsfA/edit

Our Forza Horizon 3 club:
Our Xbox live club:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/jhW5bKB
sb-x.jp/
archive.is/1q9If
a.uguu.se/o6mTRbAzZyBD_replay(29)_1.webm
streetrodonline.com/
volafile.io/r/HF33Go
store.steampowered.com/app/396900/
imgur.com/a/ncwPY
sb-x.jp
redbull.tv/live/AP-1Q1ZBU5Z91W11/dakar-rally
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5335670
twitch.tv/xbox
twitch.tv/xbox/v/112557692
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Discord:
discord.gg/jhW5bKB

The Skyline is shit
SHIT

Merry christmas /ogc/ what did you get?

Nothing.

Logitech G920 with shifter
Shit's great except the transition from controller to wheel is hard as fuck, makes it worse because I don't drive irl

make use of left boot braking.

What game allows me to drive, have fun and love a third gen Camaro? Haven't found any so far.

GT6 on PS3
And my sis surprised me with an FXX K tamiya kit, because I hadn't built kits in like 3 or 4 years and it's nice. Really nice present.

Euthanized.

Go back to reddit with your discord instead.

Driver San Fran has one, Forza, Gran Turismo 6 GTAV has a simile of it same with Flat out. That's about it, which is kinda sad at least the first gen gets plenty of love

For Christmas I got some money I used for a steam card which I used to get Table Top Racing It's decent, really needs a E-brake though.

define decent, I used to play choroQ/penny racers on the Ps2/N64, and I it'd neat to go back to that style of game again. Especially since I love the aesthetic of the cars.

So? Did you fuck her?

On a more serious note, my mother handed me 100 pesos out of nowhere which would be kind of surprising if you knew my parents.
I didn't really spend it on anything though since i have a good PC and no good game came out in a while

What can you buy with 100 pesos?

this has got to give you an idea

If you want to drive cute cars around then yeah it's good. The physics for the most part is good, it's just missing the E-Brake and you have to chose spesific tires to actually drift around which would be fine but the tracks tend to have very tight corners. Also you can chose different rims (Only Bling for money, Drift for drifting, and bouncy for going back and getting bonus coins) and paintjobs. The car selection is suitable (it's also the only game outside Nascar Rumble to feature an RV).

Plenty of game modes to play too, I'd recommend picking it up.

just beat this sack of shit today.

I hope you pirated it or if i see you on the street i'm going to beat you, you sack of shit.

holy fuck

How shit is that game?

Heard the only thing going for it was the ricing. Like with all other NFS games in the last ten years.

Think of it as a worse version of Auto Modellista if you can.

Previous NFS game at least had serviceable arcade style physics (And pretty damn fun physics in Prostreets case). But NFS '15 really does only have ricing going for it And Amy

you know what that makes a lot of sense, the gameplay is auto modellista but shit

good taste fam

How do I git gud? Especially at dirt rally?

drive the cars faster

More gas

But everytime I put the throttle down I end up between trees.

More gas so you turn faster

I'm not that dumb user….
But seriously any actual tips? Also anyone mind sharing their AC FFB settings? I can't get mine to feel right.

well you gotta get a feel of stuff really.
First of all is getting the racing line (unless you're playing a shit game that just tells it) right, then it's experience and skill.
You gotta be aware of things like how letting go of the accelerator for an instant then pressing really hard on it will make you oversteer on a turn, or how accelerating during a curn might increase cornering radius.
Things like how depending on the weight distribution of the car losing grip on a turn might lead to sharper turns or just having you slide sideways straight into a wall, being able to drive always on the edge of losing traction. It really comes down to experience and a trillion tricks you learn along the way

Oh ok thanks.
Should I enable centraling spring?

He is referring to this. Which is partly true, having your foot on the throttle is used for more than just speed in rally. Also this kind of , except when I take my foot off the gas for a second and smash it down I get more oversteer because I like having most torque to front tires to pull me out a turn I initiate with a left foot brake. It's all feel and you gotta find what you like.

ex: I win a time trial, next event is a drift event. oh shit, better get my drift car, fast travel to the garage (load time) car appears at the door , hit the enter button (load time) pick a car, drive out button (load time) fast travel to the event (load time) this is on a SSD too. in Need for speed: Most Wanted (2012) you could pick any car that you had at the event

Spintires has that trademark slav comfy, with their tecnosourcery. It's fucking great even when you fuck up.

Am I missing something with this game? The handling feels very touchy and the cars turn like they're on ice. Even straightening out your car to drive in a straight line is a pain in the ass.

No, Satan, AM is very twitch and constantly trying to drift. Keep in mind the focus is Ricing and making the comfiest garage and racing is to facilitate getting more decorating options.

So, I played the US version of the game few a few hours before quitting, then I read something interesting. Apparently the US version of the game has """""""improved""""""" physics, so I decided to try the PAL version. While the PAL version has fewer cars and tracks than the US version, it actually controls like a normal racing game and not like some kind of nightmarish never-ending ice level.

attempted pikes peak for the first time. with a keyboard. it did not go well.

NEW GENKI RACING PROJECT IN 9 DAYS

sb-x.jp/

Which one of you is this?

I want to fuck up an RX7 now

inb4 mobile game

And people doubt the existence of a god.

in a few years, furries will buy an island and make it their own country

does this game have wheel support? i wanted to pirate it earlier but people told me it didnt have wheel support yet so i didnt

i always want to get back into gta 5 specially now that there's snow but there's just so many cheaters and things like rockstar doing retarded things because they feel like it i just can't bring myself to it

and the fucking netcode too, i've never played a single session without connection issues

It has, albeit it's not perfect and you'll want to use the 3rd person cam anyway so it's not a deciding immersion factor.

Haven't encountered that many cheaters since Rockstar started to ban. Besides, cheats these days are pretty boring, most money spawning hacks are detected, many of the trolling hacks are detected, and that amazing tunable hack (13 million for a 1 lap, 1 minute race) is also detected.

t. banned twice for hacking money and doing heists as an ape

I didn't know I wanted this.

they reset your account for first ban and second offence your rockstar account is permanently suspended.

Yeah, about that.
archive.is/1q9If

Is that how it's now? I remember the first ban was 3 weeks, the second 3 months and the last 30 years

i had a friend who was first banned for 10 days and kept all of his stuff, then he was banned forever

yeah, the last october or november update they changed it around. they really want people to buy their shark cards. i got garages and garages of cars and a few condos so i'm good.

WE HAVE ARRIVED IN BEST TIMELINE Hopefully

That guy was a faggot who turned around an sold it soon after that episode.

I found this a while back and while not officially Eurobeat metal, I feel it does the job, wish the singer was a bit more up beat.

Rockstar seemingly stamp out fun at every point they can in GTAV and try to jew you with shark cards, fuck them.

Genki's been doing mobile games for a while so it could just be they were the first to take notice of the countdown. I really want a new TXR game and does anyone know if WINE supports Win10 yet?

It doesn't, it supports many of the components that make part of windows 10 (like previous versions of windows do) but it doesn't support dx12, UWP or anything that only works on windows 10

Interesting but I prefer the regular stuff.

Just gonna leave this here, playing with compression stuff.
OH GEE FUCKIN' WHIZZ IT'S TOO BIG
Fuck it you get the other one.
a.uguu.se/o6mTRbAzZyBD_replay(29)_1.webm is what I tried to compress down

Make sure you update ffmpeg, vp9 encoding has sped up a LOT recently, i'm on 3.0.5 and i encoded webm related in 10 minutes. Also make sure you enable multithreading when encoding, the speedup easily compensates for the 1-2% quality loss that you can make up for with more aggressive settings if you want. And make sure to properly calculate bitrates and account for the muxer overhead, vp9 encoding also tends to undershoot instead of overshooting the target nowadays.
I also recommend you allocate more bitrate for the audio since if your file goes bigger than you wanted it to you can just keep the video track but reencode the audio track from source again in a few seconds

That could be it, I've been using an old verson of xmedia for ages now

yeah get a newer xmedia the developer tends to update the ffmpeg version he uses constantly

NO
that just means it'll be a mobile game

make sure you have -slices 0 and -r 30 or -r 24. as long as you record with a high fps, lowering the webm framerate will have a very little affect on smoothness and you can almost double the video bitrate.

I uhh, I pushed some buttons. This came out.

you don't know a thing about what you're talking about, also since at higher frame rates images tend to be more similar and avc/vp8/vp9 frames can refer to their neighbours the file size impact is actually minimal and easily worth the higher frame rate

I discovered that one via siivagunner

By the end of days, there was only man and his twingo. Everyone laughed at him before because it was a meme car, they said. Nobody laughs now. Nobody's around to laugh. Nobody except the giant killer shrimpbots.

Oh yeah because I'm in insufferable cunt that managed to compress their webms way the fuck further down thanks to anons here and other fuckheads on the discord, here's me doing what's known by some (okay 3) people as the suicide stage in finland, in a top 4% time of 3:14

wat de fug

I wish the twingo was in more of the dude's paintings, and I also wish I could remember the geezer's name.

i wish he started making them PNGs instead of jaypegs.
i wish i remembered his name too.

And my last webm to post before I shut up and go away, the monte carlo run with a lancia missile.

Simon Stålenhag

Yeah, I love how extra detailed cars are in his paintings.

crazy detail in the cars, plus a painting focusing on the twingo?
ONE OF US

So that it, he comes here or cuckchan.

Got to 1st place on the leaderboard of a Zen TT in BNG. Feels good man.

So has there been any more news at all recently on GT Sport? Feels like the game just disappeared.

So OGC is deader then up side down fish, so I figure I'll just show off my Top Secret GT350 GTR inspired car, that' Ive become infatuated by due to how good it is in NFS:ProStreet I made up in S-Tuner Plus some image I have left over from a 4WD styled Starrion with roughly the same engine setup actually

Given the track record of Polyphonic No pun intended they gave a date, and you'll have to add a couple of years and a few months onto that date. And who really gives a shit when GENKI is going to be unveiling a racing game in 7 days and it will almost certainly be better then whatever Kaz can shit out.

I'm still afraid the GENKI game might be a mobile game.

If the mobile market in japan is as thriving as they say, it's very likely indeed
Also, we post music to race to

End my life.

Traction is for nerds.

Indeed.

Nothing, I got nothing.

Which part? If it's the tarmac bit, GIT GUD SCRUB and check the webm posted earlier in the thread.

It'd be ok if I had my G27, but using a controller sucks. Why do you have screen prompts enabled? That shit is disgusting.

tfw no modern game with an aw11 mr2 to race in

SLRE has the 222D, the group S version of the AW11

I secretly wish the modding community for ACS wasnt so cancerous so theyd make a useable aw11 car for it

one can only dream, friendo.

Fuck you you're not my mum.

Says you, but how do you know I'm not your mum though? By the way, are you using track ir there?

Nah, oculus rift. The icons appear on a set position in front of the windscreen, yet for the recording it appears as though it's glued to the screen

What's it like racing with that? I image it'd be pretty radical.

With the wheel and all that stuff? It's very radical indeed, but it leaves you wanting more, you notice that you don't feel any of the G forces or anything. BUT. If you focus on one point in the horizon and start doing donuts, keeping your eyes on that one point, you get really fucking dizzy really fucking fast.

I remember this Virtua Racing deluxe cab that somehow managed to imitate the feel of g-forces

Still the seat and stuff was big af so it probably can't be made for home use

embed related

i don't see why they can't repurpose those pilot testing machines for astronauts into simulator cabinets that exert reaslistic g's onto players

would certainly be a lot more fun than roller coasters

that's a matter of opinion but if you're looking for "realism" then yes.

learn how hard you can push your car. if you don't drive standard start driving standard - engine braking is absolutely fucking critical and nothing beats the nice steel "snick" sound when you shift. learn where the edge of control is, by which i mean how hard you can be turning before it starts to slip, then start experimenting with how much throttle you can give it during a turn to get the machine to do what you want. eventually you can pull crazy initial D shit simply by instinct. and never forget: the best traction control has been and always will be your right foot

I'm pretty happy with that.

holy shit you are bad

You have much to learn, young padawan.

Are there any games that let me drive v8 muscle cars?

every single AAA racing game, really.

Basically any? Though I'd say go with Driver San Fransisco for choice, Forza if you want to race them, or you could go all the way back to Street Rod.

Hell here's even a link for Street Rod
streetrodonline.com/

Don't worry guys, I made this video to show him how it's really done!

Australian, American or European?

Anything that makes a loud noise and can't find traction when pushing the accelerator.

One of the toca games had V8 muscle cars.

Horizon 3 has a nice little selection.

Not enough sideways, try again

how's this fampai?

Here's the weekly dose of the Grand Tour

Thanks Doc.

Much better, good work.

What program are you using to capture videos? I've tried my hand at OBS but I can't get any decent quality out of it I'm using xmedia to convert to webm/mp4

How is that doing anyway? I remember the first episode being okay, but got sidetracked by other shit to watch the others

Ep1-3 were kinda meh, but 4 onwards have been pretty damn good.

I just use shadowplay and webm for retards.

Actually on that note: Has anyone else notice how fast rendering VP9 is now when using webm for retards? It doesn't take long at all and the quality is still good.

OBS and xmedia here, pic related is the encoding settings I use, it gets okay enough quality, audio quality is set stupid high because I sperg out over the sound, visuals getting pixellated doesn't bother me too much. Downscaling the resolution down to 720p with a bilinear filter because apparently it goes faster. in reality I have no fucking idea what I'm doing
With Xmedia I am literally just pushing buttons and seeing what churns shit out at under 12MB.

I've noticed that too, as I was rendering a 3 minute clip to vp9 before an update and it took 20 fucking hours, one update later and it's only 2 hours. Still stupid long for a 3 minute clip but it's still a 10X improvement.

Let's try that without the eurobeat, and trying to do tarmac lines instead of gravel lines. You're chucking it into the corners WAYYY too early for the tarmac version.

File related is how it's doing. And also attatched is the xmedia settings I use. (it still renders slow as FUCK)

lmao

No race this Saturday, either?

Nope, no race this Saturday. Next race is on the 7th of January due to the back to back holiday weekends.

Reminder that SJ (or whatever name he uses nowadays) put viruses on rfactor installs when he used to go to /ovg/ and this subsequently fucked up people's pcs. Don't dl anything he sends you.

Literally a Horizon event

It's okay but feels reheated, because it is. Still entertaining despite not being original in the slightest

Extratorrent is down while the 2nd part of the Namibia special of the Grand Tour should be out
Where should I go to get a torrent

If there was a way for me to rip it I would upload it somewhere.

That'd be good but I just want to find another tormenting site seeing as the ones I go to are all dead
I don't want to bother you tbh

Do you have the Holla Forums vola link please post it? I'm grabbing it now and will upload when done.

Well I'll grab it but you don't need to do this
volafile.io/r/HF33Go
That said but I don't mean to bother but is it episode 8 you're grabbing

Sure is.

fucking nice
Thanks user you really didn't need to do this you could of just told me another pirating site or just uploaded the torrent file

No worries m8; I would post magnet link but I'm grabbing it from a private tracker. Uploading to vola now, will post when it's done.

On topic, is Automobilista worth grabbing?

i did it

the satsuma is finished.

im using savegames from now on should i die.

It's up.

Fucking noice
Have a happy new year user

Happy new year cunt.

I know it feels nice to pretend to be Takumi, but try it again without the gutter technique next time.

That's a penis

One of the T10 devs already put up a custom bucket list event with the same paint jobs and car they used (The Manx Myers. It's a later game Barn find though). I think it's at one of the Outback custom bucket list points but I bet everyone has a clone up by now.

It kinda has the same issues as Top Cuck in that it sorta had to scramble to re-establish old jokes. But after the first few it got a lot better. Hope they'll drop the Celebrity Brain Crash joke soon though, it's gotten it's point across though the Kimmi one was good for a chuckle. Also did anyone else feel the second part of the Nibia special was too scripted?

Wish that was the worse thing that happened to it. At least it can probably be re-bodied

Also what's there to look for in the [CURRENT YEAR] + 2 besides whatever Genki is teasing?

My spontaneous reaction is that they took the Top Gear special episodes and challenges, and made an entire show based on that.
It feels a bit scripted at times but I still like it.
Celebrity brain crash is shit and the joke went stale after the first episode.

Maybe a new Forza game although they've been quite quiet. Perhaps not a Motorsport game as some guys in the community seem to think that it's possible we'll get another spinoff, but that's only rumors I heard in the chatter during the last Forza RC stream. But if they do make another spinoff, my money is on an actual Forza rally game.

I really hope that happens

have you ever even played a rally race in any forza game?

They suck in horizon, but that's because it's a simcade which let's people drive supercars with 0.5 inches of ground clearance through a jungle because, fuck it, its fun. A real one would have proper physics hopefully

i wish a nigga would

HAPPY NEW YEARS /ogc/ and here's to another fine year of shitposting some angry Turkish guy, Rolling Guy, Twingos, and TXR:Drift 2!!! Hope you didn't forget to say Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit before you said Happy New Years

Rally races in the Horizon Rally expansion were okay.

On scale 1 - 10, how much do you hate Greece in Dirt Rally?

fug

-7, Greece is fun.

>>>/o/
?

Oh shit, I didn't notice, you know since it's dead and not very high up in the board search results.

Better start posting in it so it will be less dead.

The head of MS studios said her favorite MS franchise and the one she wants to bring back most of all is Rallisport Challenge. So maybe making a new Rallisport game and rebranding it as "Forza Rallisport Challenge"?

At the same time, They usually reveal the mainline Forza with the cover car at the Detroit Auto Show. The new Lambhorgini Hyper car is getting revealed there this month so it will probably be the Lambo and probably a Ford GT 2017 on the cover (Since Ford paid them all that money)

That or the Lambo and a Ford Fusion Stock since there was a rumor they may have the full NASCAR license and grid in the base game instead of a DLC. First full mainline Forza on PC though so they need to make a huge impression.

0. It's my jam.

t. Actual Greek.

yes pls

Never actually completed the first one on PC, might as well dig out the box and do it while praying for a sexy announcement.

Yes, good. Have MS's huge budget put to use and have the game ship with a shit to of cars and tracks.
And a proper carrer mode where you start banger racing your shitbox and rally your way to a good car.

it's maximum technical without the bs of getting sucked in if you touch the sides of the narrow road like in sweden.

I want a pure arcade rally game. Something like a Burnout game with rally tracks. Sliding around at the speed of sound on 6+ minute long runs down snow covered mountains.

How about Flatout? Although the tracks are pretty flat.

…Sega Rally?

Flatout was OK, but it's more of a banger racing game.

Yes but faster.

just fixed my ps3 today but lost all my save data, so I got stuck with whatever data I had in the cloud. I've lost about all my cars in GT6, which really pisses me off

Dirt Dash on MAME? It doesn't emulate perfectly, unfortunately.

No, you'll just fall off the cliff instead.

Greece feels wider than Sweden, at least. Wales is best location though.

sega rally 2

probably some random ps1/2 rally sim games

That a funny way of spelling Germany or Finland.

Germany is alright but Finland is cancer.

What's wrong with Finland?

I always go full retard, get carried away with speed, and tree myself. Admittedly this is entirely my fault but fuck you Finland is cancer.

That's my exact feeling with Greece; I always try and go too fast, clip the edge and fuck myself off a cliff.

who going fast here

First L2 I went sideways into tree, punctured both front and rear tires.

When are we gonna get a Mini at Germany daily? I need the easy life.

That's my jam.

what game
this better have some corners

Looks like GRIP.
store.steampowered.com/app/396900/

when will it get out of early access, speaking of steam. GRID, some gay f1 simulator and Dirt 3 is dead forever to legally own

I believe keys are still valid, so as long as there are stocks in stores and online russian mafia fronts selling keys, those games could still be acquired.

u gay?

RS200 in finland you say?

What wheel are you using?
I'm planning on buying one.

G27 my dude. Also I just checked and user didn't make a typo, he fucked up with a group A car.

It seems like the G27 is discontinued.
Does the G29 work just as well?

Not really. Cheaper insides, shifter (which is a crock of shit anyway tbh) is sold seperately, and a higher price.

I am just utterly terrified to drive in Greece to be having any fun or enjoying it at all.

anyone have any experience driving in Dirt rally with the steam controller?
I've been using a 360 pad for 250 hours but the thing is worn to shit and I'm gonna have to replace it soon.

Ask Mark. I think he is the only one who bought one. My $19.99 rock candy xbox360 controller is dying too after a few hundred hours.

sounds like all those can be fixed by just trusting your fucking codriver

I'm really not enjoying the fact that indie developers are releasing racing games without split screen.
A racing game without split screen is an aberration. But this game have it! I hope Redout do it soon enough.

Aerial treequinox?

For the most part, yes. But it's a bit more expensive to the point a competing Thrustmaster unit might be a better choice.

Now that's your problem fag, is right, although i AM being meme'd by fucking cliffs, those fucking shits suddenly expands 1cm into the road and when you fucking bump into it,SOMERSAULT fuck that shit.

so, Gran Turismo Sport is fucked, isn't it?
they keep bullshitting us on every front, and apparently the VR is sub PS2 quality.

Shit meme.

I don't know what Sony expected when they tried to force VR onto a console with the equivalent of a 750ti.
Just look at Driveclub VR.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
This video kills so much console bullshit I'm gonna have to bookmark this fucking thing. This is gold.

Holy shit what a fucking joke
I can get better graphics on my toaster

jesus fucking christ i knew it was bad but I didn't know it was this bad

this is from december.
hoe the fuck did they ever think this could be a launch VR game?

That's, umm, oooh. How the fuck is it that bad? As I understand it VR needs to or should be 60FPS 1080p that's basically splitscreen. Is that really so hard to accomplish? It looks worse then their fucking PS2 games. Even Mario Kart Wii was managing 60FPS at 480P split screen, COD4 did 60FPS 600p on the 360. How is this so fucking hard for people who made Motorstorm so pretty? It seems even easier to do then an actual splitscreen since it's rendering all the same things so it just needs two different view points for the VR to work. It just boggles the mind that they're failing so hard.

I think we've brought this up before and the answer was Kaz has some REAL good shit on Sony execs. Plus it's still a big brand for them so it's good for marketing. But the real world will see this shit delivered late and so below the standards that only die hard Neofag cocksuckers will think it's worth it. Speaking of which, when doing a bit of research into framerates and resolutions for older games I had to go on Gamefaqs, god damn that was cancerous

daytona USA was 60fps in 1993.
Also, PD is killing their own brand. Every car not having an interior might have been okay in the PS2 era, but for a game released in 2014 that's seriously unacceptable. They put zero effort into anything they do. Everything is half assed.

Kaz is still doing its thing

I believe there's something with modern rendering techniques that doesn't scale well in VR, but really it's hard to say. Not to mention this potentially throws many optimization tricks out of the window.
It's going to be hilarious if pcars on PSVR works better than a first party game.

you're in a tiny car, git gud
git gud, listen to your codriver
git gud
listen to your codriver.
Oh yeah, and
GIT GUD

Actually it's worse than a 750 ti, the ps4's gpu is based on a downclocked version of an amd graphics card that not only competes on a lower end is 1 generation older than the nvidia 750ti.

I wouldn't go that far, the GPU they use in the APU is a cut down 7850, so not quite a generation behind the 750ti, more just a bit behind a 750ti, not quite a 750 though

Not sure PCARS is going to get a VR update on PS4 now. SMS seem to be ignoring the question on their backer forums and the few dev posts seems to be that they are all hands on deck for PCARS 2 (World Of Speed sounds kill).

GT Sport sounds fucking awful though (Metaphorically and literally). They were promised the full game to be playable in VR and now it's just a "Tour" mode with limited cars and tracks available. But then Neofag were easily impressed when they added bloom lighting and improved the PBR on the cars so we're going to be told it's a "Misunderstood classic" till the end of time. Never mind that they defended GT6's free to play mobile timer style elements.

the 750ti came out during the end of the 7xx series (in fact it was the first maxwell gpu), and the 7xx series competed with amd's 2xx series

And only the 280/290 were the actual new architecture, the 270/260 were 7870s and 7850/7770s respectively

In any case, comparing raw power between PC and consoles is useless. The amount of additional power you can extract by optimizing your code for a single hardware model is insane.
But if you were to do that on PC, people would think you're a sellout.

Even if only PCARS 2 manages to look better in PSVR it will be funny.

just wated my money on rfactor 2 this shit is unplayable on my poverty controller

I honestly have no idea what you were expecting.

Do you play flight sims with your keyboard user?

who /dakar/ here?

MUH DICK

n i c e

oh yeah
the leaked dev build of horizon 3
what's it got

I'm curious too. Though most likely it just has "fixes" for the PC version. If it's anything like previous patches, it's fucking nothing.

actually
imgur.com/a/ncwPY

FUCK

So is there a practical way to pirate Horizon 3 yet?

soon

Supposedly 3DM and CPY have already cracked it properly but the torrent is 50GBs and nobody is seeding

also
its fucking shit

alright, I'm downloading at 2.0 MB/s so it'll be done in about 10 hours, I'll keep everyone posted

inb4 it's just immersive host

Fuck Finland, these fucking jumps

I've tried it, its different than a 360 controller for sure. The trigger pulls are much shorter and the joystick location takes some time to get used to. The paddles on the rear of the controller are great for changing gears though. I would say that ultimately, its not better or worse than a 360 pad; it comes down to preference. Try before you buy if you can.

Neat, but nothing I care much about. I just want the game to be fixed.

Are there any recent Dakar games anyway? I remember only one for the Playstation 2

Recently finished GRID. Due to completionist autism, I've started 2.

D-does this make me a bad person, /ogc/? I just want to keep going fast and listening to eurobeat.

No it's a decent game.

grid is eh, although why is the game yellow and gray? the screenshots on steam was colourful and clear

Alright this guy again
The game is in the form of a .eappx file. Which is a Windows Store App package, the decryption shit is taken care of for you but you still need to go into Powershell and install the .eappx file from the command line. The good news is no more screwing around with environment parameters and such

I was under the impression that 2 was shunned/frowned upon.

It's true that it's not the most loved game of the series but I found it very enjoyable overall. Real issue is that sometimes the handling can feel a bit weird, especially if you're trying to play with a wheel. And a bit like Autosport, the AI is a bit aggressive which can be unpleasant.

But all in all it's a pretty fun game and it looks very good

Dakar trucks are cool.

Speaking of which have you been to the world of speed forums?
That shit is equal to the cancer you'd get if an atomic bomb exploded in your ass and you shomehow survived the blast

you mean, dead?

Not sure. I don't think so which sucks.

holy shit thats stability if I ever seen it

Is it ever going to work on windows 7?

Can the pirate version do online? Have microsoft screwed up their piracy protection at least?

No

That's possible, idk about whatever potentially malware ridden version available online but IIRC ImHost worked online. Of course, it all depends on how much retard you went in regard to default apps and services.

rfactor 1 and some simbin games worked with pad

You know what doesn't work though?

Any game can work reasonably well with a good pad setup and one or two assists.

Yeah, I finished downloading last night, its actually not cracked yet. I thought it was because the file was distributed by 3DM and got exited, there IS a bypass but I'd rather wait for a proper crack.

When you install the eappx file you do get Forza installed, but it will fail to run without proper certs

time to get comfy boys

this is just what I needed.

Dead game that it turned out the publisher never really had the money for. If I remember right, SMS got the assets back for those City tracks so they may be in PCARS 2.

Speaking of, they just posted in the backer forums that September 2017 is their target for PCARS 2 release.

Why do brits make the best documentaries?

They don't your just a cuck. Fuck you cuck.

rude

Because the bits are genetically scholars.

sb-x.jp
It's a fucking mobile game. What the fuck are you doing, Genki?

Not sure if they actually do, but this slow TV format works very well.

Everyone saw it coming.
And they do it for they money because mobile gaming is huge in Japan.

What's the closest thing to it? I loved the trucks in dirt 2, but got tired of the game after replying it too many times.

1nsane has trucks and they aren't offroad but american truck simulator has some race tracks on the map and if you install the multiplayer mod you can race with other people

muh indestructible toyota meme

In The Crew you might find something if you take a Raid truck and never, ever use the road.

I am starting to get desensitized by this kind of news. We know the industry is going to shit, no more need to get upset

Anything newer?

Is it any good tho? I heard it's the same crap as TDU2. I claimed it when ubisoft was giving it for free, but never bother installing it because of the uplay.

1nsane aged extremely well
It's a mix of yes/no. It's an ubisoft game so everything is shit, but once you reach the higher levels with the higher performance cars the physics become acceptable but everything else in game remains shit, it's a good game if you just want to drive around though and while the map is shit it's still 300x better than forza horizon 3 while also being much, much bigger

If you want to i'm up to playing some, too

>dude you got a free cop car lmao would you like to purchase DLC

Shame tbh. Dakar finally let naturally aspirated engines have a larger inlet restrictor so they match the output of the turbo'd engines. Made the hilux sound so beastly.

Thanks I guess I'll try it. How much is lock of if you don't have DLCs?

Not that much, actually. Wild Run has like 5 events and idiotic monster spec, CAU is garbage, separate DLC car selection is also rather small

It's playable.

Just like TDU and TDU2 physics can be unpleasant at times, but at least (and unlike TDU and TDU2) girls don't look like bad post op trannies.

I really like the way they've handled DLC tbh. Did a few summits after buying WR, and it felt a bit like a sekrit klub, except that if you do decently you get free cars.
Will agree that the WR specs are kinda shit though. Drift is fun for about 20 minutes (probably more if you enjoyed the shit broken physics found in NFS Carbon). Monster is pointless. Drag is the funniest of the lot if you go freeroaming with them, and if your fetish is breaking speed skills records.

If someone were to chop off their head i'd fug them.

The worst part to me is the game doesn't have to look this bad. RIGS, BattleZone, and a few other demos look way better. Obviously a PC would make it look even better but shit man.

Well, at least it's fun to ride. More fun than trying to get full ped annihilation.

Yeah. Where the fuck I can watch this. I haven't been able to find any reasonable sources for Dakar related stuff this year.

Gorrious Nippon has dropped consoles in favor of being massive fucking casuals and as such anyone who isn't named Fromsoft or Platnum have basically gone to shit.
God damn it Genki I just want to bomb around Japanese Highways at 200+mph What's the possibility of this getting a hacked version that can be emulated on PC if it even gets an English version?

Maybe if It gets popular enough they'll consider making an actual game.

On the whole Max Damage and Reincarnation feel a tad unpolished. Balance seems weird, the AI is horrendous, Peds are a bit too hard to pop, and Multiplayer is dead and annoying to get in (would it be too much to have a spectator mode and wait in the lobby for the game to finish? Still getting it early and getting all the goodies they gave out makes up a good bit.

I dunno, it just feels like Carmageddon 2 HD edition to me. Same controls, exact same AI that won't get off your ass and does dumb shit when out of sight. Hell, even fucking peds are about as durable as they were in 2 which is arguably rather realistic, if you want to straight up gib someone you need to drive at roughly 80-100 kph

Raid class vehicles on Africa stages in Dirt 3, I guess. There's also landrush with trophy trucks, but that's on a closed circuit.

genki no pls

I usually just watch the daily highlights on redbull.tv/live/AP-1Q1ZBU5Z91W11/dakar-rally then see if any recent uploads for dakar on youtube. Sadly, a lot of the racers only get coverage in their own country and big stations only throw out 30 minute sections every day.

Oh yeah and you can pick and choose which streams you want from here
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5335670 that based ruskie updates it daily.

dual boot android-x86

That was really the point of the whole KS. Update Carma 1 with Carma 2 and above physics. Warts and all. The problem. It doesn't really stand the test of time. Especially since Carma 2 was revolutionary back in its day and you needed a monster PC to play it (Deformable Vehicles, real time physics on every object, sketal physics system on the peds). It just doesn't stand up these days and trying to add "Variety" with those shitty CTF races made it worse.

I'll still always like Carma but it's the game you bust out when you are frustrated and need to pound the shit out of some other cars and peds to feel better.

The issue with Carma:MD is they've seemingly gone back from two in some regards. The big thing is AI, there's always one asshole who's on you, no matter what. And if you get rid of him, another one shows up, and it just goes on. In 2 they'd lose interest in you eventually or try and get away if you're really fucking them up, some of the squishier cars would try and win the race. They're all lacking that in in MD and they lack the health bar from 2 as well so you just have to keep at it like it's 1. The Ped AI also seems too reactive and will get out of the way too easily. Speaking of, they're too damn hardy and they're kinda lack luster for such a modern game, especially when it's the focus mostly. And as you said, the variety is a bit lacking (though I suppose we should be thankful they didn't put stupid hard missions back in to advance). Last thing is you yourself are too damn squishy and don't hit nearly hard enough, it feels like the balance is in reverse. It's even exasperated by the fact there's a limit on the APO, since you'll always feel underpowered even at the top teir, having to balance feels needlessly punishing. Ok a few more things, the driving physics don't seem to have moved on from carma 2 which are fine, great even at the time of release for a "realistic" style. But now it's just outdated and I don't want to drive fast cause I don't feel confident steering at high speeds which you need to do to mow down peds. And the music is seriously lackluster, Maximum Sexy Pigeon is fine if bland, but considering previous entries had Fear Factory and IRON FUCKING MAIDEN it's quite the step down and Morgue isn't very good. I get that they were doing this on a kickstarted budget and this probally wasn't at the top of the budget meeting but they couldn't find something else

Try pushing the gas to pull you away from the cliffs in stead of letting go of it.
More gas so you turn faster.

Ayyy, Richard, James, and Jeremy are playing Forza.

twitch.tv/xbox

I played GT4 recently. I cleared all Beginner and Professional events with gold finishes, but it still won't let me try Extreme events. It says "Must complete beginner+professional events first", I am at a loss for what to do. They don't want me to complete all american, euro, japanese, endurance, dirt&snow special events do they?
Also, I can't do the last Professional Event, the GT World Championship, because it says I need to finish Beg+Prof events…

Any tips guys? I doubt i'm mistaking 1 race that has a bronze trophy for gold, I'm not that color blind.

Thanks, great stuff.

Also, codemasters is never going to make a Dakar-game are they? Or release a Dirt Rally 2 with sufficient modding tools so that some turboautist could go ahead and make a dakar-rally.

Do you have all the licenses? Maybe you are mistaking a bronze for a gold.

Also gonna need a new thread soon.

It's ogre. That was pretty entertaining all things considered. VoD:
twitch.tv/xbox/v/112557692

Could be possible, there are some speed limit sections within the longer 300-500km stages which could be used as loading zones but just having a flat out endurance rally raid misses the whole point of dakar..
I'd still like to have those vehicles available to drive around in. The Crew would seem like a decent game for it though I highly doubt they would go in that direction.

Oh right, the whole getting lost thing is sort of important too. Yeah, fuck it, it would be probably nigh impossible to do due to memory limitations. Not to even mention the whole ordeal of having to make the maps. Well, maybe in 20 years down the line.

A man can dream…. A man can dream..

Goddamnit. I want mah dakar gaym. Too bad codemasters probably can't afford to map out the whole dakar route with aerial laser mapping, and ground based laser mapping on those fairly clear routes where you can't really get lost, like in woods in which you can't do aerial laser mapping.

Ok I installed the Crew, but before that I lend my acc to a friend and now I can't start a new game, just continue his save? What the hell Ubisoft!? Also why is it such a pain to set up a wheel, Christ I had low expectation to begin with and I'm still kind of disappointed. Sorry for the blog post, but I need my off-road fix.

It was fun. Presenter didn't get in their way when they wanted to talk. They actually talked a bit about Car games and how it helps preserve car culture with youger generations. And turned out Jeremy was rather good at it so it wasn't embarrassing to watch (Though he did an entire article in the Times about playing Gran Turismo 4 for a week straight and a segment on Top Gear if it really did give you an advantage on a real course so he knows his shit).

I guess that rumor Forza was dropping Top Gear in favor of TGT was true, though. Hopefully no Eboladrome. Dunsfold was a fun gimmick but fuck, it sucked in career races.

It was definitely fun. I'm personally glad they ditched Top Gear, it just wouldn't have been the same without the trio. That said, I'm not worried about career races because there's a chance they might barrow from Horizon 3's blueprint system.

Also new thread;