TF2 Thread

Is it worth reinstalling TF2 for Christmas 2016? I always liked playing TF2 around Christmas.

Play Overwatch nigga.TF2 is ogre.

TF2 may be full of clueless little kids but overwatch is a worse game.

If you liked it before you'll probably like it now again. I doubt much changed since last year

No. There's never a reason to reinstall it after 2011, no matter how many cheap toys Valve shoves into it.

Like pottery.

I was responding to the post above

this game has crashed so hard. to circumvent that, i used to lmaobox like crazy with friends. man we pissed off so much people. the game has gotten even worse and now i can't even have fun in it by hacking anymore.

it's just one big autism fest with the usual weapon skins and shitty horsefucker staff.

man i miss pre f2p.

this
game had a much better community with serious players so every game was a good game. Now it's just extremly good MLG players an 11 autistic 12 year olds a game.

*autistic players with weapon skins they paid for with autismbux which gives them a severe case of USI.

In my opinion, I think the game died after smissmass 2012. all the volvo staff quit after that, and 2013 we got the bronies as replacements.

all it is, nerf weapons, nerf classes, and add weapon skins, autismusualhat effects and shitty autistic community crap.

the heavy nerf was the final straw and started hacking to make the game somewhat enjoyable. now i can't even do that anymore.

i just reinstalled it the game has fucking match making system now it also looks dated as fuck.

It's like they try to shill and ignore Blizzard's jewy movements.

This game is broken trash and has been for awhile to fill the void i play Overwatchâ„¢, but it isn't quite the same

.50 cents have been deposited into your account by Blizzard Entertainmentâ„¢

Every tf2/overwatch/cartoony moba-lite thread

The only good thing left in TF2 is it's SFM community
You have a shit taste if you like those, but that is not the point. The point is there are alot of SFM animators shitting out some nice animations and the saxxies are there to be the TF2 version of the academy awards, this is probably the best thing to come out of it
embed related

They unfuck autobalance but new matchmaking system is fucking shit because i cant join in friend game and instagib people like before.

Also performance issues.

i can agree with this, though more like they told autobalance to fuck off autobalance was a mistake
this
They tried too hard to ape like other AAA Multiplat shooters, they're pretty much fixing what is not broken and leaving the legacy browser to community servers (which are 90% shit since quickplay took off)
nigger i get that the game is bloated beyond gabe himself but, the game is designed to run on a toaster, my fucking laptop without a dedicated GPU is able to run a stable 30 fps

To bad all good community servers died or placed on US side or furry servers. Seriously no joke - few furrfag servers can maintain vanila game without "friendly" bullshit.

I say this every time and I'll say it again, the core game is still good and there's no reason to stop playing, just dont spend money on it

Valve's already having a backslash from all the amateur, untested shit they add to their games and the constant complains. Playing and keeping the game stats high will make them pay more attention to what they do, just dont buy any hat please. Random hat drops and weapon drops for metal can get you any normal hat you want

Yes it is. They nerf spin up damage and mid range damage are shit now. Jumping from corner are now useless. This force heavy to spin up before shooting what spot him (sound).
I'm ok with nerfing metal cost on teleporter but sentry now have a lower Bullet resist is issue.
Two days ago i see a spining pyro healed by 5 BOT meds across the map. Comp was a mistake.

Seeing at Valve's track record of fixing things, i don't hope much. also IT'S BEEN 3 MONTHS VOLVO, WHERE ARE THOSE NEW WEAPONS YOU PROMISED
i disagree, while the scattergun is the go-to weapon for a scout, i prefer the shortstop since it outdamages the scattergun in mid-range and perfect for harassing instead of meatshots but goddamn the alt-fire is really fucking useless, and they took away the medkit buff
they also nerfed the Natascha and the Brass Beast, by making the 20% damage resist while spun up active when the Heavy is at half-health (it actually made me bother to use the natascha since it made the heavy last longer) Needless to say, Valve is really, i mean REALLY fucking incompetent. This is bad since the natascha and brass beast already have a ridiculous spin-time, at first this damage resist negates it abit but having it only to be active when the heavy is near death is just plain useless (see: Blue Tearstone Ring in Dark Souls)
Really? i though people use the Blutsauger always, but secondary-wise the medic is pretty diverse in it's selection i especially like the Vacc, it actually made me feel that the kritz is abit underpowered compared to the others
See
Never tried it and never will
also abit into the TF2 economy autism here, but the key prices are inflating like crazy these times around, with buds having fallen off their 'pricy commodity' throne, i don't think trading will be the same Really most of you don't really bother into this shit, but it's a nice source of pocket money. Thankfully the price for hats or cosmetics will be very stable (Like 1 ref and 1 reclaimed for most hats)

it's fucking shit. the core game is gone entirely. they nerfed vital original game mechanics that were in the game till 2013 which nobody complained about and made an already shit class useless.

this is what happens when you let some autistic steam community moderators take over the development of a game.

please stop shilling the game. it's dead gameplay wise.

The only value I've been getting from it is trading free polygons for games.

.>>11567470
They have a good taste :^)

that's all it is these days..

people don't make them much anymore, but gmods is where it's at.
Valve owe these people everything.

I thought it was the other way around, i mean alot of big-name gmod animators died out (in some cases, literally)

No it's not you lying fuck. It's just as imbalanced as it was in 2007 with Soldier, Demo, & Scout stand head and shoulders above all other classes and pyro still not fucking working. The only significant changes they've made to it undermined the core design of the classes - extinguish health gain, airblast in general, hauling, etc.

Then you have the shitload of unlocks they've dumped onto the game have done nothing but made the game a horribly unfocused mess where class roles practically mean nothing.
And when they aren't completely changing how classes are played the build options seem to tend towards just making the classes indistinct blobs that mix and match roles and lose their uniqueness for some perceived sense of "balance" - what with all the resistances, self-healing, and other ways they "cover their weaknesses". Now it seems like everyone's building classes not to support a team and fill in a certain role but rather to just roam and fight 1 v 1. While this is roamer issue a general problem with team-based games, TF2 is actively enabling this mindset by giving these incompetent shits the means to do this somewhat competently at the expense of their team, while other games with classes would implicitly punish them through their own failings.

I mean why do you think teams with 5+ Soldiers/Snipers/etc are more common than ever? They all think they're unique and competent when all they're doing is ignoring then objectives and their teams just so they run around and can get that K:D ratio up. Valve's already botched the simplicity and coherency they had in their original design with their initial execution and have only further detractedf from it by bogging the game down with tons of shitty unlocks that went against it.

Personally they completely soured the game for me at Christmas 2013. The RED team Festive Black Box looks like a Rocket Jumper from a distance, which goes against all the clear visuals the game was designed around. Also the Short Circuit became a hitscan flamethrower that destroyed projectiles. I knew they were shit at balancing beforehand, but being able to hold Mouse1 next to a Demoman and immediately counter everything he can do is too far.

TF2 is a dumping ground for their new monetization ideas. They don't care about the game anymore, especially when DOTA2 and CSGO exist. Play it if you want, because there's still some fun to be had in it. At worst, going Soldier with the Righteous Bison in MVM should still be fun. Also Backburner + Detonator + Backscratcher Pyro is something nobody sees coming
Easiest way to get weapons you want is to save up a few, then make scrap metal. Find a tradefag and they'll usually give you a regular weapon for 1 scrap. At least they did last time I checked. That's how you get the new weapons easily, and this applies to EVERY weapon, including the ones Valve list at 7 fucking bong on their store. Tradefags might be cancer but you can still benefit from them.

I wish TF2 didn't have an economy so we could outright remove Pyro, cosmetics, and a number of unlock weapons.

oh and I suppose matchmaking is also shit but I refuse to play it so I don't complain as much as I should

No.
I'm less upset about cosmetics but they're still an exploitative element in the game that also has an adverse effect on game size and performance. The game was simply not programmed for all those particles clogging up the screen, nor for those extra models and textures to be loaded into memory at once.
If by "a number" you mean "all" then sure. If people really want their "variety" then they'd be better implemented as sub-classes or, better yet, merge some changes with the vanilla classes in an actual balanced way that allows for more natural variety.

I'm a huge console gamer now, but I decided to reinstall and play soldier, pyro and scout for a bit. Was everyone always this bad? I just finished a match with 180 points while everyone else was 40-70 on both teams.

Is there a mod that disables the Gun mettle skins anyway? They dropped my performance a lot

no.

just like cs:go, there's a permanent plugin in the games engine that prevents you from disabling cosmetics and skins. they implemented this a few months ago.

valve wants you to see autism skins.

Heavy is at a severe disadvantage all around the board compared to other classes, and this is coming from a Heavy main

I see there's a mod that hide hats, but none that hides skins? Fuck Valve

Is there any way to replace all the skin variants with the default texture? It might not do much for performance but it would hide them.

I just tried playing a couple of rounds to see how it was after a couple of years. I just couldn't have fun. Community servers are mostly dead or shit, I'm not giving Gaben the Hut my phone number or $10, so that just leaves Casual. Waited 3 minutes to get into a Payload server and wound up on the last round of Thunder Mountain. Nobody had any semblance of teamwork, just rush the point and get into your designated 1v1. More waiting after that round and could only choose between 3 maps, 1 of which was Thunder Mountain again. Same shit, new round. No matter what I did, I just wasn't having fun. I just wanted to fuck around on Upward like I used to for a bit. It fells like going back to Runescape after a few years. A lot of shit is still there, but it's just plain not fun anymore. What a shame, it used to be my go to game for unwinding and I played it everyday. Guess I'll just work on my backlog now.

they recently reintroduced killing people on spectator.Delfy is a faggot

-dxlevel 81 in launch options
All skins now no longer show up and the game runs better

Will try, though some users reported flickering textures and lights with dxlevel set like that

That was a former issue with the End of The Line map iirc there might be an issue with water rendering if you set it to 80

FOR WHAT FUCKING PURPOSE

maybe they finally realized you can utterly violate people using the steak sandvich kgb and tomislav to run behind the other team, bap the spy with the dead ringer and unload crits into everyone.

Reminds me of an exploit that used to work on some shittily run servers.

Or remember when you used to be able to equip TWO MINIGUNS because nobody used that "View Entire Backpack" button in the loadout thing.
If you want to talk other retarded exploits, if you can get friend to play as a spy with the deadringer, you can peg him with the KGB and fuck people with like 160 damage in a second from across the map with the tomislav.

I've rarely seen Medics use anything but the crossbow, and neither have I. I've always found the ability to heal from a distance more useful than a stronger fall back weapon.

I used to use the ingame weapon switching option to equip two beards on Soldier. It looked goofy as fuck but they patched that.
Engie had a fuckton of fun glitches. Equip the Gunslinger, punch a teammate twice and hold right click, and you "store" the crit from the third hit. You can run up to anyone who isn't Soldier or Heavy and oneshot them.
Teletrap yourself on a hill and shoot yourself with your own sentry, while healing yourself with a dispenser. Every hit adds knockback for when you get untrapped. Delete the upper teleporter and watch as you fly up the hill and into the air. You can use this to get to odd places on custom maps and fuck with people. I saw a video of a guy go from the first spawn to the final cap point of balloon race with this.
Also bind +q to destroy previous sentry, select sentry, and -q to +attack, -attack. Now you can press q for an instant minisentry.

WelI mean some items you can equip together.
My soldier used to wear three max's severed heads at once, before I sold them to pay off my car.

speaking of the gunslinger and unwarranted "balancing", they made it so the gunslinger no longer gives an automatic crit on the 3rd hit. that was an official feature of it. during the loading screens it had an engineer hint saying that and it still does.

I'll never understand why they put autistic people in charge. They ruin everything.

Uh, yeah it still grants a crit on the third hit you just can't hit teammates to do it.

They remodel Rocket Jumper after people complain.
Nerfed in to ground.

Please kill yourself cuckchan.

I still like the game personally. It's not as fun as it used to be, but it's still a great game that can be challenging or casual, depending on the server and the people. Pic related is my main.

History is repeating itself: