I want to leave my comfort zone

Is Just Cause 3 worth purchasing for the Steam Sale?
Also what do you recommend I purchase during this steam sale, I want to go out of my comfort zone and try something new for a change. Give me something unique, something a little unknown but also interesting.

How much RAM do you have?

12gb

Depends on your specs. Shit eats a fuckload of RAM

And graphics card?

Too little, buy more RAM

This

The game really only needs 4gv vram and 8gb of ram but the game constantly dogs you about not having enough and blocks you from doing things if you're not up to its ridiculously optimized fake specs.

Don't give money to Denuvo.

950M 2GB
pls no bully

For reference I have a GTX 980. It ran the game pretty well. If your computer can handle it.

Don't get it

Hmm. Unsure if the laptop can handle it.

You can't handle it
Don't get it

Jesus christ.

It's not falsely inflated specs, it's that the game has a massive memory leak bug. Their 'solution' was to boost the recommended specs up to 16GB of RAM because people with 8GB weren't able to play for that long due to the game constantly chewing more and more memory.

They had to put the dev team of JC2 on Mad Max, didn't they? Still, how do you fuck up this bad, not only at trying to make a game, but also at 'cleaning' up bugs? It's fucking mind boggling.

Well they didn't even try to fix the memory leak bug. The game's been out for over a year now and it's been a problem since day one.

It's such a shame too, because I was really looking forward to more of JC2

We can't have nice things.

I'm unsure to blame Square or Avalanche, but either way it's bullshit

buying AAA unoptimized trash is not leaving your comfort zone.
leaving your comfort zone is for example trying out Rabi Ribi when normally you find little anime girls repulsive

if you never played just cause stick to the JC2. actually, if you played any open world game before you can skip just cause since it doesn't bring anything to the table except the gameplay is GTA with all cheats enabled

Asking to buy Just Cause 3 was a different question than asking about games outside my comfort zone.

Why not both?

Well, what is your comfort zone? What do you usually play?

Mostly AAA titles and the typical best-seller
Bioshock, Half-Life 2, Portal 2, Mortal Kombat X, The Witcher, Hotline Miami.
I'm like a failed normalfag, but I don't buy into the hyped AAA trash

Jesus Christ.

Getting conflicted messages here.

But if you're used to playing mostly normalfag trash then maybe try some of the more 'difficult' genres. I'd say try out some beginner friendly rogue-likes and see if it strikes your fancy. There should be a roguelike thread up here somewhere.

If that doesn't work out then just try different games from genres that you would normally stay away from and just give them a shot.

Play a JRPG

If you want to play a Just Cause game, play 2. 3 is worse at doing what it tries to do than 2 is by a wide margin.