Reminder, we lost this because of some whiny fucking faggots

Reminder, we lost this because of some whiny fucking faggots.

I'm still mad

story?

It's a unreleased town that was supposed to be in an expansion to Heroes 3 of Might and Magic. Long story short, if you've ever played Might&Magic RPG games you know that the Migh&Magic world is actually a sci-fi world that disguises as a fantasy one. But the Heroes spin-off never portrayed it in a clear enough way so the creators wanted to change it by introducing this town into the game, until they start getting e-mails from a bunch of faggots not that many e-mails but still that do not want the town in H3. Then 3DO threw the entire project out of the window and forced the creators to finish a town that was supposed appear in the next expansion faster than they should have. We never got The Forge and the story it was connected to was never revealed.

I can't stand the Homm3 art style so I stick with 2. It has some of my favorite graphic styles of all time. I guess I'm a casual.

No, you're completely right. HoMM 3 has shit artstyle, but it has far superior gameplay to HoMM 2 Even though it is kind of unbalanced

I wish they could take 3's mechanics and put them into 2 or something.

To be honest the town really doesn't fit much into Heroes. I know it fits the universe (you could get laser guns in M&M), but the games never showed any of this or even hinted at it. Suddenly throwing in a town like that in a game with none of it before is a big jump.

Had HoMM featured or even just hinted at this kinda stuff before it would be a different story.

But they did hint at it, just not very well. The problem is, that there is no other way of introducing those elements into the games expect for just showing them. Because the forge was not put into the game, the entire plan the creators had has fallen into pieces and the game became kind of a mess.

And by "there is no other way of introducing those elements into the games expect for just showing them" I'm talking about the fact that the creators were kind of in a shit situation about it where they couldn't really introduce them in a nicer way.

Go on.
Also furfaggots pretty much trash anything they get their hands on.
Remember.
Man in a fur suit? Go ahead and give em the boot.

You could do the opposite. Take the art from 2 and put it in 3.
That is a lot of work though.

Should have said "didn't hint enough". Going from almost non-existent to full blown town is a big leap, for something that mainly was only shown in another series. Might work for us who have played M&M but it would have raised a lot of eyebrows. If there were 1 or 2 monsters with comparable tech around, it would be less of a shock to people.

Doesn't mean it shouldn't have been added mind you, regardless of perceived weirdness by some it would have been a much much better addition than what we got as expansion town.

Also before anyone asks:
DO NOT BUY THE HD REMAKE OF HOMM III

I'm sure someone has the sprite comparison pic showing what a disaster the supposed upgrade was.

Nigga HoMM3 is so unbalanced Valve could make a seesaw puzzle from it.

True

The only difference between fantasy and sci-fi is one is in "the past" and the other is in "the future".

That would look retarded in a medieval fantasy game, though.

i'm glad it's dead now.

Since we have HOMM3 thread, what mod should i try, HOTA or WOG?

They could do it like they did in Heroes of Annihilated Empires. Make an expansion set on some remote continent or island where ancient battles took place, and throw in a few wrecks of spaceships or factory ruins - with no explanation, but foreshadowing things to come. This would both throw M&M fans a bone, and get HoMM fans an interest in checking out the lore and maybe even playing the M&M games.

WOG is a bit over the top for me. HOTA is awesome, it expands the base game so much and none of it feels out of place.

You're thinking of space opera m8.

What? I thought the game was entirely procedurally generated like Civ.

That sounded better in your head, didn't it?

It has a random map generator but it's played on hand-made maps most of the time. Also there are campaigns.

Look at this:

I unironically think that HoMM 5 was the best game in the series and that ATB>fixed turns.

HoMM V did a lot of things right, but terrible art direction and awful engine made it difficult to enjoy.