Recommend me an RPG to play

Recommend me an RPG to play.

I've played most Infinity engine games, and the First Person RPGs a-la Wizardry are really unappealing to me.

What do.

Other urls found in this thread:

noxforum.net/index.php?topic=3160.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've been playing Dungeon Siege, it's not a bad game. Though if want you want is character interaction/romances and shit like BG2, it doesn't have that

Arcanum
ToEE
Fallout 1 and 2
Anachronox
Geneforge

Show me your Kung Fu.

Get an emulator and bam, infinite choices.

Play Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii.

panzer dragoon saga

T..thanks compile hearts, falcom, triace

Arcanum is a personal favorite of mine.

gothic

Grimoire

I wanted to try it, but it looks really… iffy? I don't know. I liked the First panzer Dragoon and plan on playing the others later.

To answer your question:

Skies of Arcadia Legends. The dreamcast version has a very high encounter rate

Witcher 3 is a must play, best RPG in years

Try 8.

Wholesome Fun with Thalion on the Amiga
Dragonflight
Amberstar
Ambermoon

and a spiritual successor that comes from Bluebyte for DOS (Amiga got cancelled)
Albion

Or if you are more into Open World Action Adventures
The Faery Tale Adventure from David Joiner (who now works at google) for the Amiga

I also highly recommend Darklands for DOS so you can enjoy small scale skirmish tactics against bandits, robber knights and pagan evils come to live in the holy roman empire of german nations.

Iffy how? That doesn't make sense to me. It's a game in a genre desperate for new blood at the time combining real time and ATB styles of combat where each encounter is unique, some are multi-phase, and the story is unlike anything else the genre has seen. It incorporates high risk, high reward mechanics into its combat and is a very satisfying game for it. Taking out a boss in a handful of turns that would otherwise obliterate you in one is a tremendous feeling of accomplishment, and the detriment of being bombarded by literally hundreds of unique attacks from a single wrong move puts the stakes higher than just about any other game in the genre.

I agree with . It's probably the best one made since New Vegas. Holla Forums is made up of such contrarian manbabies. Jesus christ you need to have some leeway with your opinions and not "If it's not AoEII it's shit"

trips confirm best games

no thanks

If you want that game you can add pic related.

So it's a better RPG than Underrail or AoD.
Got it.
You don't want people to disagree with you? Back to ribbit.

I just replayed these two the past month. Some of the best games ever made if you can live with some bugs.

Nox: noxforum.net/index.php?topic=3160.0

Trying a bit too hard there mate.
Might I suggest asn alternative site that caters more to your "refined" tastes?
>>>/plebbit/ should be the way to go for you.

KotOR I/II

I'm actually planning on buying these during the sale. How well do they run on modern systems? Won't I run into problems?

Driftmoon is short and sweet.

you'll need some simple patches for them or you might run into some issues with resolution and stability.

Planescape: Torment.

Bump

Age of Decadence tbh femme

I would recommend Mass Effect 1 with the graphics mod applied. Personally 2 and three do not exist, as from what I have read are massively different from 1 and also remove alot of features that I enjoy like exploring planets with the Mako. Also energy weapons > regular bullets.

Neverwinter Nights. Don't be discouraged by the mostly-mediocre OC; play the expansions, which are quite good, and then play a bunch of modules from the Neverwinter Vault.

Truly a masterpiece of an RPG.