Games with day and night cycles

I am a huge sucker for games with a realistic day & night cycle, even better when it encompasses seasons and the weather and is bound to your systems clock.

I personally only know Animal Crossing and the pokeyman games that do this. Any recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/36943
youtube.com/watch?v=fW43r3BQvb0
youtube.com/watch?v=DTTWjh3JqtM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oblivion had a mod that bounds its time to your system clock. Won't be able to play at night without having all stores closed and all citizen sleeping, pretty cool.

nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/36943

Not tied to your system clock but Sword of Mana has a day and night system.

only game that comes to mind with a proper day and night cycle is dragon's dogma with actual night not some Blue tint shit

Fallout NV, but no seasons

This. Sucks how little games do it right.

Go visit the Chernobyl exclusion zone

graviteam tactics/steel armor:blaze of war have day/night cycles. steel armor being the tank sim, if you look outside without night vision everything is black and you have to wait till your eyes slowly adjust

Too much feature creep

There’s only “feature creep” if you tie events to those occurrences, you fucking dipshit. Even Skyrimjob has lunar phases on its day/night cycle. As long as you don’t have anything HAPPEN in regard to the seasons/time/moon, it’s relatively simple to implement.

it looks nice and adds atmosphere, how is that nothing?

I'm more of a fan of incremental season changes, hardly see those in games. Lately played Stardew Valley, and it's a bit jarring to have Winter turn to Spring in a single day. From a gameplay perspective with crops, sure, but I'd love to see more games that do it slowly, grass starts getting browner, trees start dropping leaves slowly etc.

im surprised there arent more games that use the system clock

bump

Xenoblade Chronicles X has it, and it's gorgous to look at.
youtube.com/watch?v=fW43r3BQvb0

jak 2

Honestly, added flavor like that is what most games are lacking these days.

Harvest Moon.

Zelda

Metal Gear Solid V.

Wurm Online. This board has a town on a private server. Think of runescape in terms of skill variety, amount of effort needed to reach the skill in 90+, no quests. Now, instead of going to Varrock, you make Varrock, build wall, everything needs resources to do and the game puts most skills to use, where you have a purpose!

Sounds great but you should post an example as the OP

Knightshift 2 has day and night, but it's only for aesthetics. There's also the Flight Simulator games.

Pics related; the last one has a specific series of days like Majora's Mask, rather than just generic days in sequence.

The first one had that, too, for posterity.

He said realistic, not ‘blue tint on screen that affects absolutely nothing’.

I wont argue that it wasn't bright as shit though.

Radiata Stories was pretty fun but the lack of save point outside the city could mean a lot of lost time when dying.

Here's Xenoblade (original) timelapse of SatorI Marsh. Quite a few area had some beautiful day/night changes.

youtube.com/watch?v=DTTWjh3JqtM

Would have posted it here, but the image would have spoiled it.

Wario Land 3 and Dark Arms: Beast Busters '99.