SHMUP GENERAL

WHATCHA PLAYAN
WHAT WAS THE LAST GAME YOU 1CC'D
HOW DO YOU GIT GUD
WHO IS BEST GIRL/SHIP/BOTH

still trying to beat that fucker GTV
that fucking attack where he flies in the bottom of the screen and shoots everything upwards absolutely rapes me

get out, this thread is for manly shmups ONLY

just picked up dodonpachi ressurection for Christmas.
working on a 1cc of esprade. there are a few chokepoints where i'm really struggling to get past without bombs

jb5th is best girl

Battle Garegga just came out on JP psn so I'm going to give that a try. With there was a vita version.

Buy Kamui and ALLTYNEX Second physical too

When the fuck are CAVE porting Ketsui to PC? Ketsuipachi mode was good but it just wasn't the same.

Is Blue Revolver that good? I've been interested since release but $10 is a little steep for something that looks on about the same level as a lot of freeware shmups

I'm not playing anything currently.
Last on I played was DDP:DFK for PC and I need to get back to installing MAME so I can play all the shooters again and finally beat Xerex.

Nice cover art. If only Americans weren't so dumb they would bring that over here too.

never
they'll probably port SDOJ, Akai Katana, Espgaluda 2 and Mushi Futari first before giving up due to disappointing sales, maybe we'll get DOJ if we're lucky

It's not up to cave it's the shitty 3rd party dev that's been porting the Xbox 360 games, not the arcade games.

sage for double post

it features micro-chaining (kill 8 dudes and then kill shit with your special weapon for bonus points before the gauge runs out) which is a considerably less anal chaining system, and BREAKs which are bonus objectives like destroying two boss parts in quick succession for bonus score
the stage design is alright for the most part, the graphics are decent, the music is great and the sound design is sucky

you probably can't go wrong with it for ten bucks

Shumps are for chumps.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK FAGGOT

TAKE THAT FUCKING CUNT

Anyone here played Astebreed?

yea, it was alright for babby's first shmup
I hear the PS4 port has some additional improvements over the original PC version which (((Edelweiss))) refuses to backport however

Shmups are fun, too bad i never got past stage 4 in R-Type 3.

Its pretty fun, would recommend.

Speaking of shmups, anyone remember this one called Deimos Uprising or something? I remember playing that alot at my school, especially 2 player. Is it still Mac only or are there virtual machines for cases like that?

Why are Shmups so expensive? Are they really that popular now?

I picked it up and would agree it's pretty decent, if derivative. Opted for Blue Revolver over DoDonPachi Ressurrection since I've already played the other DDP games a lot and wanted something fresher

Well there's a lot of value for money if you end up getting into them

What do you mean expensive? Do you mean the Cave games on Steam?

I'm looking specifically at sega genesis shmups. Trouble shooter is over $100 boxed right now, & Gaiares is something only $50 cartridge only.