Titanfall 2 is 50% off

Exactly what it says on the tin. Titanfall 2 is a fucking sweet game and I've been having a lot of fun with it. Until December 27th you can get it 50% off on Origin, which is pretty aggressive for a sale, so I thought I'd let people know since the game has received very little marketing because EA is trying to sabotage it.

It has a deep, intuitive movement system which rewards you for mastering it and encourages fast gameplay rather than camping; you can pseudo-bunnyhop and it's wonderful. Once you score enough points you call down a giant mech and go around punching other mechs, stealing their car batteries, and lighting them on fire. You can play it like CoD if you want, but hipfire isn't cripplingly awful and some weapons actually have more accurate hipfire than ADS.

Cosmetic textures only - camo, decals, etc. The titans' and pilots' silhouettes are unaffected, and all the gameplay-related content is intact. Any future gameplay patches (like new titans or maps) will be free. As far as unlocking goes, EVERYTHING has level ups tied to it but you level up by notches instead of thousands of XP points, so it's quite easy to level up your pilot and access more weapons/gear. I've only played for a few hours of multiplayer and I have most of the titans and what feels like half the weapons.

It has garbage UI design, but it's not spyware any more than other programs like Steam or GoG Galaxy. It works well enough as a Titanfall launch client.

The PC port seems very robust. Lots of graphics options with thorough explanations of how they'll affect your performance, and it has run well on my PC aside from some hiccups when I was first figuring out the optimal configuration. I haven't had any trouble finding games but I haven't played all the game modes.

I just want more people to play with. It's the most fun I've had with a shooter since Splatoon.

I got it on PS4 since all my friends got it there and we can have a full party. I played the first on PC, and I'll admit I played a shitton of TF|2 on PC during the free weekend, but I don't think I can justify buying it again.

Looks like Hawken, but worse.

i have a toaster, though. I doubt it will run

Fine by me. I don't expect you to migrate platforms for no reason, my man.

It runs on the Source engine. You might be surprised.

Believe me, I wish Respawn had gotten this published by almost any other company on earth. But I never claimed EA had changed and I never will, you mong.

Yes you are.

Then why are you shilling the game
why are you encouraging anons to buy tripleshit
why are you a useless shill
why do you do it for free

Because

I just want people to know about it before the servers die in a year. Since it's on sale, this is the least money EA will get for any given purchase.

I'm not that stupid. I have no delusions about Respawn's fate, given they made a deal with EA.

isn't it convenient that this shit game has been pushed for weeks on 4chan and now is being pushed here and all OPs could be summed to.
what is even more laughable is just about every point made will have come comparison to various things, just to draw as many people to your thread as possible.
>inb4 going to 4chan it's funny calling out reddit posts and arguing with them they leave thread or out themselves

Hey op, i really like what your trying to do, but shit dog, don't take the videos off fucken reddit. Go post some of your videos, shit dog, and get some sound on this shit.

Nice try tho

Reported for viral marketing

So you're asking Holla Forums to buy an E.A. game, notoriously known to be shit that comes with a dick flavored botnet. Oh and.. it's a console port…
If i wanted to have fun with an online fps i'd just reinstall Quack arena.

wtf i hate titanfall 2 now

What did he mean by this?

I WANT IT
But my computer is too shit, I only have 4 gigs of ram. Hopefully there is still a community by the time I'm able to upgrade.

This game is shit. Everyone moves like a ninja dies if someone sneezes too hard. What the means for you is that you will only play games where a team is being steamrolled. 1 team won't be able handle getting 1 shotted by their opponent's jetpacking sniper ninjas. Even they start to get a handle on things, it's too late. Here comes the killstreak mechs Titans to make sure you can never make a comeback.

The only gamemodes that people play are deathmatches. CTF sucks dick anyway because the aforementioned ninjas just jetpack their way to your flag and you never seem them coming, so the entire game revolves around everyone chasing flag carriers until the Titans fall. Then the game will revolve around one team getting decimated. There is a control point mode, which might actually be good, but nobody plays it.

I also got it on PS4, because fuck origin, but none of my friends play there

CTF has always been the shitty mode everyone hates since Unreal Tournament

I'll be honest, if I knew I was going to get a new laptop that could run it at a playable framerate (at least at 1360x768p at low settings) I probably would've skipped it on PS4 since FPS are always better on PC.

Fuck you outside of tournament style 1v1 CTF is THE best mode in UT and similar games.

Objective based modes in general are superior for team games. Straight team deathmatches mostly just boil down to which team has a player that feeds more. Free for all deathmatch can never be considered a serious mode either.

UT's Assault mode is pretty fun, but far too gimmicky to take seriously. Onslaught ranks right there with CTF though it depends on the map gimmicks more and whether or not vehicles are bullshit.

I've been watching it's progress and despite the poor sales it does seemed like a thoroughly okay mech shooter. Shame my computer can't run it. Maybe I'll get it on PS4, but I'll have to also have to pay for the online with that. Dunno. I just want mechs shootan mechs.

I see you shill

Wew. You're not even trying.

I think it might turn into a Quake 3 Live or Halo 2 situation where it has a dedicated fanbase who keep playing it but the game gradually becomes less and less welcoming to newcomers.

It's honestly really good, with a lot of interesting gameplay and weapons (like the gravity well shuriken, which can curve your projectiles around corners and be used to super jump). The game itself is really polished, but its publishing deal leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Fucking EA

I've been watching a playthrough of the singleplayer and it's radical.

thanks but no thanks OP

Maybe.

Aim down the sights insta-ttk games are fucking
GARBAGE

Looks like a boring sci-fi team-shooter, no different from a F2P tbh.

It's impossible to talk about the game because of EA. Really a shame because it's one of the better FPS to come out recently.

Aiming down sights puts you at a disadvantage because you lose speed. The game is all about going fast.

if ur gonna shill do it better you dumb nig

It looks fun enough for a pirate, but I'm not giving EA a single cent

We don't take kindly to your kind around here.

Well it's still $100 bucks here (and then PS Plus cost), so I don't really think it's gonna be worth it for the cost. Shame, the campaign looked kinda cool - that assembly line level was fantastic looking.

EA refund policy lets you refund within 30 days of purchase no questions asked

wtf I love EA now.

Joke aside, EA is almost better than Valve by now, what the fuck happened?

also anyone else notice this game has been AGGRESSIVELY shilled here? I swear I've seen more than a couple of threads
does EA really think it can hit a market with this game? or are there just that many people willing to waste their time with this piece of shit?

What if the game actually is good? People said the same thing about R6: Siege, after all.

Basic capitalism. They're not in a majority in the PC digital distribution market so they have to try and put in some sweetners to attract people. This is why they also periodically let you add their older games to your library for free.

GOG is also attempting differentiation with their DRM-free stance as well as their policy of giving you store credit if the price you pay for a game is not in line with the prices that the rest of the world would be paying.

Is it on sale on Xbone?

I want to play this game with you, user bro, but I'm not putting that spyware shit on my computer

I'll pass on buying it. Splatoon was shilled fucking hard by Holla Forums on both here and cuckchan even though it's not that great. There's a lot more better multiplayer games out there. But I'm definitely not going to shill them like you.

Look it up yes

there aren't better shooters tbqh. titanfall 2 is kinda crippled by having so many fucking hitscan weapons. Really disincentivizes actually using the advanced movement because it just makes you vulnerable no matter what.

You're not exactly selling me well on the game. I'm just going to stick with Rainbow Six Siege for now. Haven't had as much fun with a FPS for years since playing it. Maybe it's because I wish there were more tactical shooters that remind me of SWAT 4.

Shill pls

what is your favourite operator user?

not interested in selling anyone to titanfall 2, they should know what to expect. Some good ideas unfortunately crippled by making weapons hitscan. Splatoon is a better shooter, and rainbow 6 siege looks like yet another close quarters iron sight shooter, the opposite of interesting.

I have terrible taste in operators. My favorite is Smoke because I've got a hard on for the SAS and his appearance design. Just wish I could use an MP5 for him instead. But I seem to do the best with Frost.

I don't think you've really done your research into it if you think as such of it.

I really don't care to considering how much any shooter disinterests me on a fundamental level these days.

It looks okay, and I would've bought it by now if it weren't for origin.

I won't touch any origin games, period.

The only distributor I trust is GoG because their games are DRM free. If I buy something from them, I can't get locked out of it 5 years from now.

Steam, and especially Origin, are not the same.

But at least Steam is a privately owned company. I don't trust EA at all. I trust Steam to remain reliable enough right up until they go public.

why the fuck does this game stutter so much?

For the good goys who not only bought EA games, but bought them for consoles, do they somehow manage to pester you about Origin

IF this game were on steam it would be HUGE
I refuse to install origin though, maybe ill pirate for single player story.

they force you to login to an EA master account

its a source engine game, it will prob run if you can play csgo or tf2

source engine is not a console engine it is ported to console after dev on PC
t.source engine dev :^)

Dubs thread.

this is so unfortunate

Back to cuckchan faggot.

Pretty fun game, ashamed it didn't get more spotlight. Battlefield 1 didn't deserve it.

what a shame.

OP do you enjoy deep-throating the very entities that have killed gaming for the rest of us?

This is such a painfully obvious shill thread I'm surprised Todd hasn't shown up to scare competitors off his turf