Ass Creed movie performing below expectations

According to many news outlets, this film so far grossed 11 million or so on a 120 million dollar budget. One thing that probably explains it is that it came out a week after Star Wars, it decided to release 4 days before Christmas, or maybe its that nobody wants video game movies at all and that people are sick of AssCreed or modern Ubisoft titles.

I'd say it's that one. I was pretty stoked for the movie when it was first announced, but by now I'm so sick of the franchise I can't give a shit.

Holla Forums stream when? We did it for Pixels.

I really want to know who thinks making a video game movie is a good idea in the first place, the medium is liked for its gameplay and not for its characters and shit. The most boring CGI heavy action scene in a movie can translate into some sick shit in a video game(See the light sabre duels in the SW prequels, the gameplay in force unleashed or better example Jedi Academy)

I hope the coming swathe of Sony game films fare just as well.

Games shouldn't be movies and movies shouldn't be games.

why

A video game movie performing below expectations!?

Wait the Assasin's Creed movie came out
I literally saw/heard nothing about it

It's coming out until january in some places.

As for OP I'd like to have some sources.
I have a friend who is actually hyped for this movie she does it to appeal to her boyfriend though outside of that, there's no one else I know who is expecting this movie at all.

Assassinate her with your hidden retractable dick.

Besides franchise fatigue, I think Unity and Watch Dogs 1 did more harm than good to Ubi in the long run.

Wikipedia's article, forbes, and a bunch of other sites.

Those dubs tell me I should do it, but the fact that her boyfriend stopped caring about the franchise after the third game should be enough punishment for her shitty pandering attempt.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the trailer for this movie have a STRONK INDEPENDENT FEMALE? I'm completely expecting this shit to be pozzed as fuck on top of being a cash grab for whatever AssCreed fans are left.

Even so, I havn't seen a single Talmudvision ad or Billboard advertisement at the Cinema Then again they didn't have one for Rouge One either

Haven't seen ads on TV, but there are a couple billboards in my area and even a local vidya store is shilling for it with some kind of promotion.
For a AAA game I would expect a lot more in the marketing for this movie.

I do remember seeing a tv ad at least once. Quite frankly it looks like ass.
You're an ok dude Dale, but your taste in vidya is shit.

Only went well because of Chinks

Funny he's 50 something as that's probably how old Dale Gribble would be now if KotH was still going

Asscreed has a shit story, I never finished a single game because of it. I play until I get enough of the gameplay and then quit. When you remove the gameplay all that's left is shit. Also that stupid nigger music in the trailer for a movie set in the middle ages

Doesn't Henry Ford and Adolf Hitler control some apple that makes them evil or something in the game's story

Is this the best Christmas EVER?

But of course.

I feel like it's possible that a vidya movie referring to actual games and not interactive movies could be good depending on the source, but the problem is that they keep picking shit that doesn't make sense to be movies. Either they pick things that have next to no plot like Super Mario Bros, they pick games that translate poorly to film like Silent Hill, or they just stop giving a fuck like the Silent Hill sequel or the second Street Fighter movie.

Should've made it fully CGI.

The storyline is absolutely fucking retarded. They made a movie nobody fucking asked for. Oh and using that stupid ape music for the trailer? Nobody is going to see that shit. Fuck it.

Is that dog ok?

Investors?

I think I missed whatever the story is behind this. Can you give me tl;dr?

I don't get it.

Lefties shooting themselves in the foot, same as always.

Valve didn't add refunds soon enough, so Aussies got pissed, brought them to court and won

It's a great way to get people to lose interest in the franchise or not see the movie due to how it's actually stupid as it sounds.

Reminder that nobody involved in it played the games even once.

Sounds like the Oscars. Hollywood is a joke. Don't give them a shekel.

Take that back.
Resident Evil was proof it can be done right.
You just have to ignore canon of the games and only add characters from the games as fan-service to entice watching the next one.

The final film comes out next month and will probably be great; a woman was horribly maimed and a man died for it, after all.

They're not good, per se, they're just fun

Pretty much the only reason they make these movies really. Chinks have shit taste.

There were expectations?

Unfortunately, they waited too long. The franchise is pretty much done unless Ubisoft give it a major revamp, so interest in the film is going to be low.

I forgot this even existed

I thought investors were supposed to be smart when it comes to money.

i liked it despite the lore-rape and spic characters

Let me guess, this was written by one of those completely fucking stupid cunts that think raising the minimum wage to 15$/h is a good thing?

Friendly reminder this is the only vidya movie to be both good in its own right and do a solid job of interpreting the game it's based on.

Part of me questions why they bothered to make a movie of a franchise that has been on the downswing for years, but then I realized the length of time it was probably in production. Big movies with special effects out the yin-yang usually take a couple years to get through production, and probably factor in some more time for pre-production shit like options and screenwriting. A few years ago, Ass Creed was still pretty popular, franchise fatigue hadn't quite set in yet (for the general public, anyway; I know Holla Forums was tired of it by 3, with the exception of 4 being not terrible), and so it probably made sense at the time.

Then Ubisoft shot themselves in the foot by releasing at least one of these games every fucking year, to the point where it seemed like every one of their studios was working on one. And then the latest releases in the series were so obviously rushed that Ubisoft had to reel it in before they put out an even more broken game. By the time this movie finally got ready for release, the combo of oversaturation and awful reputation meant that nobody was all that enthused about the franchise anymore.

And then it also doesn't help that they released it on a week that nobody goes to the movies, right after a fucking Star Wars movie drops. Ain't nobody gonna go see that. They might've done a little better if they delayed until February or March, when there's less competition and people might actually go see it if they're bored enough.

Just be glad that this means that Ass Creed may finally be dead after this. They might shovel the games they're working on now out the door so that they don't lose all that work, but I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to end it after that. And not a fucking moment too soon.

the problem with videogame movies is that they don't follow source material and just make a shitty C rated movie script with the video games theme.

I haven't watched asscreed movie but I'm assuming its reverse in their case since the source is utter garbage lmao

Also Merry Christmas friends

I wonder why it takes them that long to write the script considering they're all trash. I could write a better plot on toilet paper while taking a shit.

It actually has. Ubisoft was forced to quit the yearly releases, partially because they couldn't ship games out that didn't have game breaking bugs, and partially because everyone is sick of AssCreed.

Rogue One isn't doing all that well either. Hollywood in general is bleeding money out the ass. Turns out the white majority can get tired of kike propaganda as well.

Why? I couldn't give less of a shit about AssCreed. I mean, I like the idea behind the game, but from game one it was handled horribly. The games are dull, the gameplay is easy and simplistic, there is no point to the open world because you just climb and stab people regardless of what activity you're currently doing, the writing is abysmal, and then they upgraded it to Jewish propaganda levels. There's nothing to the games, you played one, you played them all.

I wish they had canceled the franchise before Black Flag came out, so we could have gotten a fun pirate game without AssCreed feces smeared on top of it.

If Ubisoft drops AC what have they left? Rayman, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, Far Cry and Watch Dogs? None of these are all that hot right now, they might shit out a sequel to Beyond Good and Evil, but that too will play like a reskinned AssCreed.

Minimum wage was a mistake.

How am I, as a worker, meant to compete with my peers if I can't decide how much my labor is worth?

You know, back then in Assassin's Creed 2 days I really wanted a AC movie. Hell I was such a AC fan I couldn't wait for the release of Brotherhood, and later Revelations and AC3 because all those games ended at a huge cliffhanger.

But After AC3 and Black Flag I lost interest in the series and I seriously couldn't care less about the movie. This whole thing had to end with Desmonds death in AC3. It is by now clear that they have no end planned and just keep milking, and who wants to see that shit?

Why would that be a bad thing? Since the EU borders are open and all the east european niggers came to germany the minimum wage basically dropped from 13€/h to 8€ something. People don't earn decent money anymore and everybody is pushing the wage down because a lot of people who don't live here want to work for less.

There are people here that come in with busses, they work for a few months and then move back to their country. They can work for 7€/h because in their home country everything is cheaper and they have rent + food paid by their company. How is this shit fair?

And in the end everybody suffers from this. Students who need a job to pay school, and school is getting harder too by the way. Poor people who have shit education are basically shit on because they have to work and since the money is not enough they also take money from the state.

But it is also bad for people who own a company or places like that because people out there will do the same job cheaper.

For example transport companies are popular in Germany. Someone asks you to deliver X to Y. You would normally get maybe 2k for that job, but now there are polish people who do the same job for only 1.5k and this shit gets pushed lower everyday meaning the boss earns less and so do the workers.

Kicking out poor fucks out of the EU would be the best option, but minimum wage is a start.

I don't know about the situation in the USA, but here in Germany we need to rise that shit.

I can't believe the Holla Forums ubishills are trying to defend a cashin "asscreed" movie, they really don't have any shame.

Here's a question. What would it take to make an actually good video game movie in this day and age?

So it's a fitting adaptation of the games.

For someone who actually cares about the franchise to direct the movie, instead of pushing another product deigned to massappeal and cashgrab.

Okay think about this.

Avatar had a budget of 240 million USD, double of this piece of shit. It was full of, granted, very beautiful and top-notch CGI and the first (and only) movie designed top to bottom for 3D viewing, full of new technology pushing the boundaries of cinematic tech.

So how the fuck is the piece of fuck inflated with 120 million of a budget? How, why? What the fuck were they thinking?

nop, it was just a normalfag meme

? Minimum hourly wage in Germany is 8,50€ since 2015, before that a minimum hourly wage didn't even exist.

Even so, took a lot of money to render it all.

whatever hollywood (((people))) usually are, drugs, raping kids, marxist queer shit, sucking dicks

legally the miniwage is 8.50€, but what I meant is the wage you would normally earn in certain positions. A company could of course pay you less, but they wouldn't normally. But now that all those foreigners come here and are allowed to work here all the wages have dropped and that's why they introduced that miniwage. And since we have that one many companies adjusted to it and pay 8.80€ instead of the 12€/h they used to pay.

say what now?

One word - Goro.

ah i see you are a CG pleb , so sorry that despite all the scientific advancements there still isn't a cure for shit taste; you probably liked Annihilation too

No idea what that is. I love the MK movie, m8, Goro just looks horrible. More like a centipede than a burly four-armed fucker.

And why would I be that considering MK when the CG parts are low budget and unsightly? Scorpion's "spear" and the wound it comes from, reptile's transformation come to mind as something that looked like it's from an early Saturday morning show.

The best thing about AC was that it brought us two great pirate games

goverment regulation is hard to enforce.

pajeets in aus were getting hired by 7-11 franchises for minimum wage, then king pajeet the manager basically told them, you give me half your wages or you lose your fucking job, you untouchable scum. happened in enough places to be systemic.

you know that shit is going on in germoney too, right? just substitute roaches for pajeets.

that's because you'd have to be a comeplete dumbass to fuck up the concept of postal.

Did I understand you right? Do you believe that some people smuggles roaches into Germany to make them work for minimum wage, and then takes away half of their money?

If that's what you mean then yes, that really does happen. Idk if roaches do it too, but I know that a lot of east europeans do it. People from bulgaria for example do this. They get send here in trucks, they work here but the money is paid to whoever sends them and they get only a cut of it.

As I said, one way to fix this would be to kick all the poor fucks out. But until then a minimum wage would help the rest of us.

Or, it's just shit. And you're shit. And this thread is shit.

This looked like it could be good with the first trailer. Then the second trailer came and it became VERY obvious how awful it would be. I'll probably just torrent this one day to watch with friends.

When will Jews learn no on English wants to see a Christmas hating movie during Christmas.

Evidently the guys making Postal 2 fucked it up by making the South Park of video games.

PLenty of video games could make good movies. Halo would make a perfect popcorn action flick, and The Last of Us is already basically a movie. Some games could be turned into good movies, the problem is that they always choose awful games to adapt, or just do a shitty job at it.

The Resident Evil movies are the most faithful video game adaptions that exist. They're just like the game. Bad writing, awful action, and filled with plotholes.

Hollywood can.

Mortal kombat was alright.

Would an Assassin's Creed movie have worked if:

- no Aspergo futureshit, all set in the past
- protagonist is stranded/abandoned crusader
- kidnapped/taken by hashsassin cabal, somehow earns their trust, gets trained in their secret desert monasteries
- explores dynamic of muslim world at the time and assassinations are crafty ocean's eleven / mission impossible sequences rather than matrix kungfu wirefests
- no resorting to "whites are bad, brown people good" sjw pandering, this is the muslim world of the era and there are heroic and villainous individuals who happen to be predominantly muslim
- no token niggers
- no muh stronk womyn assassin just as good bullshit love interest

I guess I really just want Batman Begins with no gotham/batman and actual historical accuracy (and muslim deaths)
Oh right, ubisoft is involved, nevermind

I think Avatar is a shit movie too, but the fact remains that a fuckton of resources were poured into it.

lol, is the movie really that bad? Also I am not up to date on that shit anymore, but what is the current state of their games? Like why isn't this war over yet? Why the fuck are assassin's and templars still fighting each other?

to sell more games, baka

If businesses have to pay employees more because they are forced to, then they will employ less people and make the ones who are hired work harder or simply swap them out for someone who is willing to work more. Minimum wages hurt small businesses more than large franchises that will suffer a profit margin for the higher pay but can inflate their prices because there would be less to compete with.

That may be true for the USA, but not here in Germany. We just need to go back to how it was before we let all the foreigners in.

People here got paid way more before all those bulgarians and polish people arrived and started to do the same job for 60% of the wage everybody else got. Forklift drivers for example used to get at least 15€/h, and that was still slightly under average. Now those guys consider themselves lucky to get paid 12€/h.

wages didn't drop because companies can't afford to pay more, they dropped because foreigners started to do the same job cheaper. And this hurts all of us in the end.

That's essentially what the USA's problem with Mexican immigrants is about.. you know, all the meme's about Trump, the wall, china, 'they have to go back', etc.

I'm more fond of libertarian economics, but introducing a new labor pool has an obvious detrimental effect on the locals because they have to compete with more people who are, as you say, willing to do the same job for less.

"YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE"
"YOU WILL SAVE OUR WORLD"
"YOU WILL BECOME, AN ASSASSIN

You joke but you know they'll say something along the lines of "Welcome to the Creed".

Didn't they kill off, what was his name, Desmond Miles Prowler a long ass time ago? What are the new games even about anyways.

Please stop, it hurts

Well the man who made Postal is a complete dumbass, just the right type to get what the game wanted to do.

“We truly are The Last Of Us Trademark All Rights Reserved.”

I wonder how many people think this is somehow related to Rocky

I forgot that in the first couple games the templars actually ruled the world. By the second spinoff to 2 or 3 or something weren't they spewing some shit about how citizens united was a templar plot because they only way they could seize control was through super PACs or some shit? Oh, and al gore was an assassin who was foiled by templar voter fraud in florida or some shit?

A trailer for it came on as I was watching jewtube shit with my parents. Dad was interested because of the Renaissance stuff but lost interest after I explained the plot.

bulgaria is balkan not eastern europe

It's all the same for me. If it's a cold, white country and east from germany I could it eastern europe. There are just to many of them, with all their own languages and shit.

Because one group has failed to fully eliminate the other. Templars are still trying to implement their NWO, Assassins are still preventing that by killing them and stealing their tools. What's makes you think they'd stop? They'd have to completely eradicate the other group then remove all evidence of their ideology from recorded history to destroy their opposition.

Sounds like you've never seen the phoenix wright movie.

Because desmond died. I am not up to date on this shit anymore, but why was he so special and why did he have to die in the end of AC3 if that shit didn't change anything at all?

I was wondering, what IS the assasin's creed anyway in the games? Do they ever mention anything like it or is it just about killing templars in the first one?

everything is impossible nothing is permitted

desmond killed an alien queen in AC3 and became jesus or some shit, so all the games since them are prequels to the events of AC1 where you're a random dude experiencing the commercial animus experience that gets hacked by assassins and made to find a piece of eden during that time period because [reasons]. templars also became cartoon villains and assassins le noble warriors, even Rogue where you're supposed to be a templar seeing how the assassins are just as bad when seen from the other side turns out OY VEY TEMPLARS WERE BEHIND THE EBIL ASSASSINS GOY

i fucking hate new star wars but i'm not gonna pretend it's not going to slay everything else that's in the box office right now

Very belated reply because I passed out after typing that.

I'm lumping in all of the pre-production stuff in the timespan I listed. A quick looking up reveals that negotiations finished by mid-late 2012 (when AC3 came out), and screenwriting was done probably sometime in 2013 (when AC4 came out). I'm not on the up-and-up with regards to the screenwriting process, but I imagine that there's a lot of rewrites that come into play, particularly for a big-budget film with multiple writers.

Not saying that it produces a good script, of course, but I think that's just the nature of the beast.

Today? Yes. But the franchise was still popular with the normalfag audience a few years ago when they began talks for a movie; the Ezio trilogy was generally well-received, and 3 hadn't left a bad taste in everyone's mouths yet (which was partly redeemed with 4 and then shat all over with Unity). And since it was popular then, the studio decided that they wanted to option the rights, and then produce it.

Now, looking into the production further, filming began in the fall of last year. My question is, why did the studio decide to commit at that point? This was after the disastrous Unity launch, and just before the meh Syndicate release. Was it just due to contractual obligations? This is another aspect of Hollywood I don't know much about, because if I were a studio head and I saw how much the series was flopping, I would slam on the brakes real quick. If someone is more in the know, I'd be happy to find out why.

The part about Hollywood bleeding money is true, but Rogue One has done well enough. It took in the third-biggest debut weekend of the year, which is where Hollywood makes most of its money. It probably won't have as much longevity as Episode 7, but it's already made a hefty profit one week later.

And face it, if given the choice between a Star Wars movie and a movie adaptation of a video game series that nobody really cares about anymore, almost everyone is going to go see Star Wars. Why they thought to release this turd when they did is beyond me.

I couldn't either, which is why I'd be glad if this were one of the final nails in the coffin. However, I do love watching Ubisoft fuck itself over, and with how they've bungled this series, it's given me a good deal of schadenfreude.

And yes, Black Flag should have been its own game, but I'm 100% sure that they shoehorned it into the Ass Creed universe just so it could sell on name recognition alone. Because that's what the suits in charge of entertainment do, it's all marketing for short-term gains instead of taking risks on the long-term. They could've launched their own pirate franchise that could be going strong independent of Ass Creed, but they chose to tether it to the sinking ship (heh) that is that franchise, and now we'll likely not get another pirate game in that vein again.

Desmond had to die to activate an ancient machine to stop something called "Coronal Mass Expansion" from killing the majority of the human race. It was either he die then, or shepherd the few humans who survive as a new prophet, though he was warned that his message's meaning would be perverted and used to to justify genocide. Desmond's sacrifice also unleashed Juno, a member of the First Civilization who wants to get revenge on humans because her lover died in an experiment to save them.

tl;dr Desmond's sacrifice had little to do with the Assassin/Templar conflict, just saving humanity from a Cosmic apocalypse and unintentionally unleashing a vengeful alien.

Are you okay user

It was 5:30 in the morning, I'd been up since 9. I needed sleep.

But thank you for asking, user. :3

I don't care

They're just Antifa.

Personally I've gotten so tired of Assassin's Creed moralizing that I started ignoring everything about the franchise.

I can't help imagining the movie turning into a giant story about being anti-racism rather than having to do with Assassin's killing people for power or whatever. I don't want to be proselytized to and the trailers did nothing to alleviate my fears that it would occur with this movie.

Silent Hill could translate fantastically well to a movie. I think it was Del Toro that was initially going to make such a movie and part of the preparation for it was having someone record playing the game so they could translate it directly into a movie so they could keep the story and style of the horror story intact. The producers fucked up by abandoning the project and then trying something else that just shoved in a few things that looked similar to the games.

Once these kinds of projects get rolling it's not easy to put a stop to them. You've got contractual obligations to fulfill so, yes, my best guess is that they deemed it cheaper to just make the movie than back out and suffer the penalties. Either that or the execs are so out of touch they think this turd will sell. Amy Pascal making Cuntbusters, signing right for fucking fanfiction, trying to get a nigger Spider-Man going and pushing through the new Barbie starring Amy Schumer just goes to show how unhinged the Jews are getting.

Not as good as was expected though. And Disney won't be able to keep pushing out Star Wars movies out indefinitely, especially if all of them are of the same quality as TFA and Rogue One.

Likely some tax evasion scheme. Hollywood accounting is a wonderful wonderland of Talmudic magic.

Pity the industry only ever chooses to copycat shit instead of picking up the good ideas.

Wasn't that what the Black Flag DLC with the nigger was all about though?

The biggest issue with AC narratives is that they're written by leftists. Leftists are mentally ill and cannot separate their emotions from their jobs, so you end up with historical figures that have nothing to do with anything being mustache twirling Templars simply because the cuck writers don't like them. They're also stupid enough to not be able to realize the inherent problem of an ideology that is basically advocating complete legal and moral anarchy on a global scale.

You can clearly see how fucking retarded the writers are with Rogue, where you get to play an Assassin turned Templar, and they do the same exact shit as with every other AC game, only in reverse. Now the Assassins are the completely belligerent assholes that do evil things for the lulz while Templars are noble, peace loving, progressives that just want the good of all.

Another big problem is that no game actually feels like it's set in its respective historical period. Absolutely everyone behaves and talks like a 21st century libcuck, everyone is completely blind to gender, race, religion and social class. You can go from the crusades straight to 19th century London and not be able to tell the difference simply by looking at the mannerism and opinions of people, and the stories have this nasty habit of simplifying all history into infantile stories of good and evil fit for the childlike intellect of a Marxist.

It's why I laugh whenever some dumb fucker claims AssCreed is good because it gets people interested in history.

Jesus Christ

That's more or less the problem with the entertainment business as a whole, or at least with regards to movies and AAA vidya (TV dramas have been on the upswing lately). Gigantic, bloated budgets mean that these projects have to rake in substantially more money in order to make a profit, and so the suits in charge play the safe bets, pumping out more and more of the same shit that's worked before. Any time something manages to be a breakout hit, it gets completely milked to death.

The problem is that these sorts of things only have a limited lifespan. Marvel may be doing well at the moment, but I feel like fatigue is starting to set in among the average moviegoer, and with the next mega-crossover Avengers movie on the near horizon, fatigue is not what they want. And with everyone and their grandmothers trying their hand at making a Cinematic Universe™ of their own, that's just going to compound the problem. Want to go see this movie? Fuck you, watch these 37 first or else you're gonna be completely lost.

With this year being generally underperforming, I think it's safe to say that even average audiences are getting sick of the endless reboots, rehashes, remakes, and sequels. I've been hating these things for years now, so I'm crossing my fingers that the masses are finally starting to wake up to the monotony. If 2017 turns out to be even worse for their bottom lines, Hollywood might finally knock it off and start greenlighting some more original projects.

Or maybe everything will get even worse. I won't discount that possibility.

As for vidya, basically the same thing. Only studios with established pedigrees get to try anything different, and even then it's not too different. As for the rest, they'll work on CoD 173 and they'll like it.

Get a load of this special snowflake.
Eastern Europe begins in the GDR.

Marvel is suffering fatigue much less than they could, because they made the very wise decision to try and keep the movies more grounded in what the comics did. They accepted that the comic books were popular for a reason and set out to use them as guidelines for their movies.

Video game movies are an entirely different beast that befuddle producers that likely don't know why the games are popular. They're thinking if the property is popular then anything else associated with it should do well.

We just had Deadpool and another X-Men movie do pretty well, these franchises are working out well in spite of what some people may say.

Other studios are just trying their damnedest to get their own franchises going (like Amy Pascal and her attempt with Ghostbusters), so they're trying to see if any property is decent for striking gold with. Universal Studios has tried with their monsters movies (Frankenstein, Dracula, and The Mummy) and Sony with Ghostbusters (and now Barbie?).

Marvel studios just plain did better with understanding what it is that people liked and sticking with it, while these other producers/studios just don't get what it is people want.

We're at a turning point in culture where so many are sickened by the formulas used in many movies where they felt you just shoved in the right amount of 'diversity' and hooked it up to a property that is supposed to have a high brand recognition, and the movie would do well. Remains to be seen how long it'll be before studios give it up though since people like Amy Pascal can still get work.

Much as with the gaming industry, I don't think Hollywood actually has the competence to make good, original movies anymore. Everything is trash, games are trash, TV shows are trash (or become trash after one season), books are trash. Everything is shit and you can't even enjoy the shit because white, heterosexual men aren't the target audience anymore.

The Jewish nepotism is the problem. No fresh blood is able to enter the system. Also, the liberals do not allow for dissent so that also further destroys the ability to produce new ideas.

Forced minimum wage will fuck over small business right in the butthole. Especially at 15 bucks an hour.

A shitty video game movie I can't laugh at? Not getting my shekels.

"I love movies based on video games!" said nobody ever.

Weeeeeew lad.

I agree wholeheartedly, but I think that even Marvel is going to collapse at some point. It used to be that you could watch just a random non-sequel movie in the MCU™ and get a simple, fun superhero movie, like Iron Man, Thor, or Captain America. But now even the standalones are having so much plot intertwining them with all the rest of the tangled web (Spiderman pun not intended) that even wanting to just watch one of these movies will require you to catch up with a dozen others so that you know what the fuck is going on. Not too hard for anyone who's been keeping up for the past almost-decade, but if you're just dropping in now, you're probably confused as fuck. If Infinity War (part 1 and 2, fucking why) doesn't do well, then that could be the beginning of the end. I say that because Disney will probably keep milking it long after people stop wanting to see these movies.

Frankly, I'm surprised that Disney is letting Marvel Comics continue to put out the absolute tripe it's been shoveling onto the shelves of the few remaining comic shops for the past few years. You'd think that a company so consumed with the need for profits everywhere would shitcan all of the hack frauds who are producing the garbage that doesn't sell to anyone anymore, but I guess they just write it off since the movies make more than enough profits to offset the losses there.

Apocalypse turned a profit, but it wasn't the mega-profit that the studio wanted, and what basically needs to happen in order for the business to keep running smoothly. Studios bank on one or two huge blockbusters being mega-hits that turn such a profit that they're able to fund all their future projects, and the budgets that they create for these projects are based on the expectations that Superhero Movie #827 will rake in X amount of dollars. If it doesn't, that puts future movies in jeopardy.

Deadpool, despite being another superhero movie, managed to break the mold by offering audiences something different from the standard fare, and also by delivering on something that's been sorely missing thanks to the "sell to the middle" mindset that's taken over Hollywood: R-rated violent movies. Deadpool would have utterly tanked if they'd aimed for a PG-13 rating like literally every other superhero movie. The fact that it even got off the ground is a miracle in and of itself (Ryan Reynolds really wanted to play Deadpool, and kept at it until the studio said okay), and because it was relatively low-budget when compared to other superhero movies, it made an insane profit.

And honestly, if Hollywood decides to ape off of its success, it would be much preferable to the bland, samey, Joss Whedon-lite crap we've been getting everywhere else. Stop with the snarky, too-perfect dialogue out of EVERY FUCKING CHARACTER, it's gotten so damn old.

Yet the inclusion of the nigger in Star Wars cost them in the international market. The fact Rogue One had two famous Chinese actors in the cast tells you how much it hurt their wallet.

Point is that Marvel and Disney put propaganda above profit. Kikes are kikes after all.

Deadpool also works for the same reason the first Iron Man did, you can tell the people working on it wanted to make a good movie and put their sweat and blood into it. I don't know if it's just me but I have this "sixth sense" about media products where I can (maybe) tell if something was a product of love or simply a bland cash-in. Products with effort put into them feel different, movies feel meatier, layers, with more story, you can get lost in them, while the bland Cuck Whedon fare is just one dull sequence after then next, where I'm constantly looking at the time left to see how much longer I need to suffer.

With games I get this feeling of sterility to them, like they're a by-the-number turd that is just there to suck money out of my wallet. Even back when EA was making reasonably fun games there was always something missing from them, during the PS2 era they all felt so sterile, compared to, say, Ace Combat 4 that actually got you engaged in the story, characters and action.

Assassins Creed's popularity peaked with AC2
AC2's spinoffs were just more of the same.
AC3 derailed the series.

that being said, I don't think people find the series interesting because essentially they've done everything.

Agreed, it's pretty easy to tell if something's made from the heart or if it's done by committee. I enjoyed Rogue One for the most part, but as I was watching it I could see all the little things where you just know it was decided by some group of marketers somewhere. The inclusion of Chinese characters to appeal to that market, making the protagonist female because they needed a Strong Female Character™, every single hamfisted reference to the original trilogy, and so on. It could have been an interesting story if it had been done basically any other way, but they played it safe and by the numbers (minus killing everyone at the end, I at least appreciate that) and the end result was a movie which, while watchable and somewhat entertaining, doesn't leave you with the same feeling that any of the original trilogy movies do.

It's a good thing that I don't watch exclusively blockbuster tentpole movies, or else I'd really, really hate cinema these days. As it is, I'm mostly just apathetic towards 90% of what Hollywood churns out. It's also why I rarely buy video games anymore, or if I do, it's when they're deeply on sale. Design by committee is the death of creativity.

Disney doesn't give two flying fucks about the Marvel comics business. Because no one else does.

They probobly look at the comics arm as a shitty PR division. They throw out a few "Look, its the same old comics but this time the main character HAS A VAGINA!?" crap and it gets disney/marvel some good progressive diversity press. No one will buy it either way. As long as the comics division as a whole breaks even they'll keep that shit rolling.

I'm not well-versed on the state of the industry, and doing a cursory search provided me with a bunch of numbers without really giving me an answer one way or the other. Maybe they actually are breaking even, but it just seems stupid to me. I mean, if you had any business sense, you'd know that profits should trump ideology, and that would shitcan all of these stupid Tumblr SJW comics before they even got off the ground.

But I'm just going to assume that they can more than afford to take a loss thanks to the movies and say fuck it about the actual comic books. Seems odd when those same comics provided the characters that you're using to make billions, but what do I know.

All I know is that 13,000 people bought Squirrel Girl last month, and I want them off my planet.

You forget the Jews control the central banks. The central banks can create money out of thin air. Hollywood can be supported by printed money if needed but they usually cook the books. Also, I would not be surprised if dirty money is laundered through Hollywood because it is the standard in India and Mexico.

The movie could've been good but it focused too much on modern day BS. The Spanish Inquisition parts were alright, they could've been great if it wasn't for the editing.

It would've been better if it was just Spanish Inquisition stuff and then after credits you see the guy waking up in moderm times.

The plot itself isn't thaaaaat bad is decent but I think the director isn't fit for this type of storytelling, I mean they could've used the matrix as a blueprint and it would've been much better.

Amerilard here, you can't raise minimum wage before kicking out the rapefugees. If you do then businesses with the approval of the traitor government will engage in labor black markets where they hire illegals preferentially because they don't have to pay them a legal wage and leftists will pat themselves on the back about how all these jobs are being taken up by Achmed and not Spritz.

Can someone please just kill all the fucking Jews already? I'm not even mad anymore. This is just obnoxious.

Hi reddit

the french manage to fuck up yet again

I never was that interested in AssCreed. Only played 4 because pirates. But good lord, that wiki has some really crazy stuffs.

The Postal movie did a good job at trying to recreate the world of Postal but they did a horrible fucking job on the prtoag. It's as if the prtoag was a normalfag getting into a Postal game for the first time. If that was their original intention, good job on them I guess.

Oh god, what the hell. Well, at least they're willing to admit Castro did horrible things.

HAHAHA!!!

Wasn't that directed by Uwe Bowl?

Yes, but despite that it was pretty good.

What's wrong with this? Christmas day is the BIGGEST day of the year for blockbuster movies with thanksgiving coming in second. Everyone releases movies just a few days before christmas.

What bugs me is how much more people died under China (45 million deaths) and USSR (20 million at least) communist party's regimes, yet National Socialism remains the most reviled thing to exist.

Because Nazis singled out a very specific group of people, and then kept very good track of how many they killed. The USSR and China killed swathes of people that they didn't even know who they were, so it's less of a "personal evil" and more of just Saturday Morning Cartoon villany.

Welcome to comic books!

They have to be unwatchable before they fall that low.

Maybe china since i didn't study that well, but the USSR had a clear group of people to kill, and that was anyone who had ever been seen or caught speaking against communism, they erased all of their opposition.

Well, no, I'm just saying that the MCU works a lot like actual comic books, with individual and crossover arcs.

Hell, Wild Cards does it too, in a purely literary sense, you'd have a couple of books with vaguely connected short stories, then one big unifying one with a central story that pulls from those. It's pretty much boiled into the DNA of the whole… thing.

I was completely in the dark about this until just this year. Since most of my extended family lives in rural areas and I'm usually with them at Christmas, I've rarely had an opportunity to go to a theater then, or even drive by one. Hell, I don't even know where the nearest theater is to my grandmas' homes.

Went out to the movies last night, and the whole parking lot was packed. I was honestly surprised, I would have figured that most people would be doing Christmas celebrations or something.

I'm chalking AC's failure up to disinterest in the franchise after excessive milking and releasing at the same time as a Star Wars movie.

I get that comics are like that, and I suppose it doesn't surprise me too much that that's where the MCU ended up going. But I wish that at the very least, you could enjoy each hero's movie series without needing to see a fuckload of other movies in order to understand what's going on. Like, that's why Edgar Wright got pissed off at Marvel because they wanted to shoehorn some Avengers crap into Ant-Man and he just wanted it to be a simple, standalone superhero movie.

Is it too much to ask that a person be able to, say, watch all the Captain America movies in order and not get completely fucking lost along the way? I get that in a big crossover movie like The Avengers, then you'll probably have to see some previous films to know who the characters are, but why should I need to for some shit like fucking Black Panther?

What is this, the truth for ants?

Ell oh ell

I have a feeling that the worse things get, the tighter and tighter into "the same old thing" Holly wood is going to contract. That means more sequels, more shit with character we know from comics or cartoons, more reboots of established franchises, more movies with so many sequels that they don't even bother numbering them.

When they say Hollywood is creatively bankrupt, they are NOT fucking kidding. The problem is, people eat that shit up nowadays: let's take a look at the top 50 highest-grossing movies of all time. I'll list them in descending order: (Loosely) based on history, original, sequel, sequel, based on established franchises, sequel, sequel, sequel, original-ish, sequel, based on a recent franchise so hard it might as well be a sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel and based on an established franchise, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, based on a book, sequel, prequel, based on a book, original, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, Hamlet with lions, based on a book, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, original, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel and based on an established franchise, sequel, sequel, original, based on established franchises, based on a book, sequel.

That's 37/50 that are sequels. Oh, and those original ones? Number 2 is Avatar, and the rest are Disney or Pixar movies.

Just for laughs, I checked the top 50 adjusted for inflation. Only NINE OF THEM are sequels (and with the exception of Star Wars, all from the 2000's)! This is an extremely new trend, and it's only getting worse. People are stupid.

these people parody themselves jesus christ

Before WW2 the Stalinist purges were indiscriminate mass killings. Since he was a dictator he couldn't exactly trust in who was and wasn't loyal, so the regime wiped out swathes of people who professed to be royal but seemed to be the least loyal, as they surmised that although they would kill some who were loyal, they would kill large amounts of people who weren't. After WW2 they became more precise killings that operated off of the back of surveillance of the population and the planting of spies.

t. gommunist

Because nobody gives a shit about soulless chinks dying, genius.

Poor Fassbender, one of the most skilled actors in the US
His agent picks him only shit roles or villains so vile he never gets awards due to butthurt minorities
And to top it, his personal friends and agents only throw him dates with apes, man has banged like 10 flavors of nigger

Movie streams are really fucking illegal, you know.

My dick is really illegal you know.

jesus christ

hey there autismo lord

normalfag friends forced me to go, it sucks dick, 21st century yet guards try to take down assassins with rubber battons.

I actually liked this movie. It really felt like I was watching Warcraft. And the lore-rape wasn't as bad as WoW